Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Footfalls in the Sand

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Asper

Number of posts : 15
Pawprints : 29
Registration date : 2010-05-03

Footfalls in the Sand Empty
PostSubject: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Asper padded slowly through the barren wasteland. it was hot, and he showed it by panting heavily as he walked through the hot sand. He couldn't smell anywolf nearby, but he could very faintly smell water, so he continued on. The water, whatever it was, was straight ahead.

As his most recent memories ran through his mind he whined loudly. He missed the ones he had to leave behind, but he wouldn't let it keep him from continuing. As he forced his legs to move, he began to smell the water more strongly. He sped up, hoping to find it before he died of dehydration.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:18 pm

Raven

She had been searching for weeks for him with no sign. She had finally given him up for dead...lost...gone...she sighed heavily. He was gone. Another blow to her heart. She sighed again as she lay in the shade near the small watering hole. Her dark pelt drank the sun so most of the time she traveled at night. She panted and flicked an ear as an insect buzzed it. She growled and snapped at it...irritable. She stood and shook her ebony pelt and walked toward the glistening pool. Her sapphire eyes blinked and she waded into the water and lapped gently. The coolness rich on her tongue. She lay down and closed her eyes. Letting the cool water soak into her pelt.

The wind shifted slightly and her nose twitched. Was that wolf she scented? Surely not. It was the middle of the day no one traveld then. She closed her blue eyes to enjoy the water a few moments longer.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:38 am

He was growing ever closer to the source of the scent. The wind blew past him, carrying sand that scratched his nose as it went by. Finally he saw green. It was blurry in the heat, but he could make out some strange looking trees. He headed for it and it became more clear.

Suddenly he saw his contrast-a dark wolf standing in the shade of the oasis. He chuffed to her, somewhat weakly, ad walked cautiously.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 12:49 am

Raven

She looked up hearing the chuff and her ears flicked forward like sharp thorns. She stood immediately and the water shed from her coat, dripping like rain from her belly. She backed slowly out of the pool watching him with her stark blue eyes in her dark face. She was cautious. Out here you had to be, else you were raped or worse. Her ears pinned as she stepped onto the baked earth and slid her dark form into the shadows. "What do you want?' she called out her stance agressive. A snarl hung from her lips just in case. Most of the riff raff out here you could scare away with a snarl as long as you held your ground. She swallowed. There would be no traveling in theis heat. She kept the pool between them as she watched the male carefully. He seemed weak and weary, her tail fell slightly and she waited to see what he would do.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:23 am

He stopped, seein her stance, and lowered his ears. "Just some water...and perhaps some company. I'm a traveler, nothing more. Don't mean any harm." His tail wagged slowly behind him, but he stayed where he was and waited for her to speak. His eyes moved from her form to the water just ahead, and he licked his chops thirstily.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:12 am

Raven

Her ears flicked and she backed away from the water. In these lands it was hard to say who you could trust..but she also knew the hunger of thirst and the desperate need for it out in this wasteland. She nodded and watched with her sapphires, waiting for him to step to the water and taste of it's lifegiving liquid. Raven didn't shake out her coat. The water was too precious to do that and it cooled her in this hot climate. "Drink." she said.

Her form like a shadow moved deeper into the shade and she sat. Interesting creature this male. Traveling during the day. "Where are you from? 'she asked now curious and tilted her head slightly.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 6:40 pm

Asper stepped forward and bent his neck down to drink. He lapped at the liquid, but kept his eyes cut up at her and his ears pinned.Once his thrist was quenched, he kifted his head and sat down, looking at her.

"A place called Wiklow. My pack lived in ancient ruins..o Or what was left of them. Giant steps led down to the clearing, where our cache and the iver were. The den of my mate and I was at the very top of those stairs.. Perks of being The Alpha and her mate, i suppose. the rest of the dens were scattered throught the ruins."

He realized now that she probably didn't want a full explanation of where, just your general "where". He reserved the coming smie for when they had become more aquaninted.

"An yourself?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:06 pm

Footfalls in the Sand Raven10

Raven watched as he drank and her ears cupped forward as he spoke of where he was from. An alpha wandering alone in the lands. She wondered what had become of his pack. "I am from far north of here....but I have been wandering these lands for some time. Seeking a friend of mine...but I assume he is dead." she said plainly. She wasn't going to tell him about her being ousted from her own pack because of the wolf who loved her mated another and then continued to string her along. Then in order to keep his mate he blamed Raven herself. Then she had met another who kept her mind from him and then he too dissapeared. She felt tainted...denied. She sighed a soft butterfuly sigh and looked at the male. She flicked an ear absently as to shake the thought from her mind.

"What is your name?" she asked feeling weary again. The thoughts heavy on her heart pulling her deeply into despair. Her sapphire eyes flicked back down to the water...it looked so inviting..so enveloping.. Her sapphire eyes looked back up to the male. "Where is your mate?" she asked eyes now darting to see if there was a pack with him....cautious shadow that she was.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Footfalls in the Sand ASPER

He backed away from the water and sat again, "If you're thirsty, you can come and drink. I mean you no harm. My name is Asper, Asper Proudheart." a soft whimper escaped his maw as hecontinued, "My mate is in Wiklow. After our pups died, she..became a hollow shell. She wouldn't do anything, never left the den. I stayedthere with her, of course, and cared for her. But..she wouldn't acknowledge my presense, even when I was right there curled around her. She ended up convincing herself that the death of our children was my fault, and sent me away."

His ears, now pushed lazily forward, became pinned once more and he looked down at his large paws. He hoped that her story was less painful. Then again, Proudhearts didn't seem the have the best histories. He huffed bitterly.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:41 pm

Raven

Raven shook her head hearing him inviting her back to drink. She heard the water calling her but it was to quench an entirely different kind of thirst, the kind that envelopes you in the sweet quiet darkness. She blinked her blue eyes, his name was Asper...Asper Proudheart. Her ears flicked back slightly at his disheartening story. A love that didn't acknowledge him.....his story was a similar pill that was all to bitter for Raven.

She swallowed and blinked her eyes. "I ....am sorry..." she said softly and figured the least she could do was offer her name. "My name is Raven." She said. Raven carried no last name...she was a pup when her pack had found her...when he adopted her...then loved her...then tossed her aside for another saying it wasn't right ............she halted that train of thought as her throat tightened. She stepped forward a step and then sat on her haunches trying to be more friendly. "You do know you shouldn't be traveling through the heat of the day out here don't you?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 7:49 pm

He chuckled and looked back up at her, "I know, but I wanted to get as far away as I could as fast as i could. Now I need a place to rest." He looked at her hopefully, as this little paradise among an earthly hades seemed to be hers. SHe was cautious, though, so he expected to be walking through the night. If he was lucky, he'd be able to find another oasis the next day.

"So, how about you, Raven? Where are you from?" He shuffled his paws a bit nervusly. He certainly didn't want to scare this wolfess off. He needed somene to talk to, if only for a little while. "Do you have a last name, Raven?" He tilted his head a bit as he waited for her answer.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:04 pm

Raven

Raven

She looked up at his chuckle and nodded. "You are welcome to rest here...this oasis is not mine. It's one of many alot of wolves share out here. The larger ones rich with game are often taken over by groups of loners, so you might want to be cautious when entering them. They are fiercely protective of the hunting rights." She warned him and relaxed slightly. A wolf who was going to attack normally didn't make small talk.

She shook out her pelt now that the heat had dried it some and looked up at Asper as he asked where she was from. "Far away up north." she said and she looked to the north and blinked her blue eyes. "And no I do not carry a last name. I was abandoned....an orphan." she said and looked back to the light colored hessian. "I was named Raven for the color of my pelt and that is all I have ever been called." she said. She stretched out her lithe form and sighed. Now was the time of day to be resting and this bru...so far...seemed harmless. Though few were in these lands. "Come in the shade." she invited to be kind. The best of it was on this side of the pool. "It's too hot to be standing out there." She sighed.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:42 pm

"Ah, i see... I haven't seen my parents in a good while. My mother passed, and my father is....somewhere. I appreciate that you'd let me rest here, even if it's not yours. I imagine i'll hav to sleep lightly, though. I certainly don't want to be killed in my sleep." He shifted his weight, then stepped up to take another drink.

"How long have you been out her by yourself?" He asked. he was beginning to take an interest in this fae, for some reason he couldn't quite figure out. He returned his weight to his haunches and relaxed. His tail swayed slowly behind him, kicking up sand around his rump.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Raven

She nodded at his words. Parents were something she never had known. It had been only him. And she had loved him even as a small whelp as crazy as that sounds. Daddy was never uttered from her lips, nor mommy. She nodded. "Most of the time you can hear them coming...the gangs that is...loud like a herd of elk most of them." she said and flicked her ear slightly as she watched him drink again.

His questions kept coming, curious this male."I have been out here for months...probably close to a year by now.." she said. The concept of time had flitted from her mind as she had searched for her companion, Tyrone. He dissapeared in the sand storm never to be seen again. She shrugged. "Days and weeks all seem to run together around here." she said.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 9:53 pm

He nodded, "Yes they do, especially when you're on your own. I have no idea how lng its been since i left Wiklow, i've lost track." He sighed, "It's been even longer since I saw anyone from my birthpack, other than my sister. When we became yearlings, more than a year ago, we asked our father, the Alpha, if we could leave. He gave us permission, so we left. Chanah, the oldest, Adalyn, the youngest, and myself. We were determiend to start our own pack. In our travels, Chanah became ill and passed. In our grief, we buried her in a field of wildflowers-they were her favorite. We kept moving, and eventually ran into three other wolves-Desvau, Amodae, and Shaveyo. I fel for Desvau very hard, and we ended up becoming mates. When she was getting close to her time to whelp, we settled down and formed a pack."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Raven

She nodded and began to groom a paw absently as he spoke of his history. He seemed to have a full one. "You were lucky to have your parents as long as you did...Fl..." she paused in saying the tame that would fall from her lips softly. "The male that raised me turned against me...'" was all she offered at the moment. "My pack drove me out and brought me to an oasis way out here in this....waste." she said her tone bitter she sighed heavily and looked at the male...Asper...and blinked her blue eyes. "Then I met Tyrone..." she said softly fondness to her tone. "But he vanished as quickly as he came. A storm arose and we were seperated and my dear friend lost....I have been searching for him but I believe him to be dead." She licked her paw once more thoughtfully her hearch aching from saying the words out loud to someone.

She sighed heavily and then looked over to Asper. "These lands are hard to travel alone in. Where are you headed?' she asked wondering if he even knew. She had come to know most of these lands like the back of the very paw she had been grooming. Where the water was, where good hunting was, what places to stay away from....lessons hard learned.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:46 pm

"no where in particular", he said with an absent look, "Just far from Wiklow and the memories of it." He shuffled his paws in the sand and looked back at her. He havery tired been traveling for quite some time, and was very tired. He scooted a bit to his left to enjoy the sahde of the trees that were placed around he small pool of water and murred quietly at the relief it offered.

"It seems we've both had some painful things happen to us. Have you thought of findin a new pack?" He wondered how long she would stay alone in the barren lanscape before falling prey to the urge for companionship. he was already feeling it-he hated being alone. Maybe she could direct him to a nearby pack outside of the desert, or perhaps even becoem a companion for him herself. He smiled at the thought.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

Raven

Raven nodded and watched him closely as he approached. Herself still on edge a bit but seeming to relax when all he does is lay down. "Yes.." she said seeming to agree with both of his statements softly. "If you are looking for a home I do know where the four pack lands lie.." she said. "I could lead you to one ...if you like." she offered kindly. She had come to know where the prime land and the packs that ruled them were but never dared to cross the border...even if the green grass and cool trees called to her at times. She felt like such an outcast now...like she was made of this land...barren and harsh. She looked back at Asper and blinked her blue eyes. "What sort of pack are you looking for?" She asked. "They have different alliances. I wouldn't want to see you go into a dark pack and you not want to be there..." She offered.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:10 pm

He perked at her stateent about alliances, "Dark pack? What's this? I've never heard of a dark pack, or anything similar. Just...packs." he was curious now. Throughout his lifetime, he had known of 4 packs. SacredSpirits, the one he had been a foudner Mentor of, Desvau's pack. Then there was Whisper Dreams, the pack his sister had founded after leaving Sacredspirits; the Spirit Howlers, whom he had visited once or twice, and finally Mystic Aura, the pack that Desvau, himself, and a few others had formed after Amodae's fiery departure.

"Forgive my ignorance, please. I've traveled far, so I'm not used to the customs in this area." Histongue loled out to the side as he waited for her to respond. In the momentary silence, he caught her eyes, and was transfixed. Such an intense shade of blue, they were. Almost hypnotizing-he felt drawn in and immobile as he gazed into the eyes that were colored after the purest seas.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Raven

Raven watched him as he spoke and blinked her sapphires. "In these lands pack's usually have an alliance or stance on how their hearts lie. Dark packs are full of wolves who often crave blood and war and don't hesistate to kill. The lights are usuallly kind, trusting, but they will defend themselves if need be...or so I have heard. The neutrals are inbetween the two...if that makes sense." Raven said. "I have never visted any of them myself. But from what I hear of the darks I would find myself a home in the neutrals or lights. I don't thirst for blood of my own kind nor enjoy the killing of another.....but I will protect myself." She said the last words cooly as if she had to do so before. She looked at the western sky which the sun was now lowering too. Soon it would be time to move on the cool sands and travel. "Which calls to you Asper?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Asper searched through his mind and thought hard. "I..." he fell silent. He just wasn't sure what he wanted anymore. All he had asked for before was to have a family of his own. Little ones to raise up and be proud of. A mate to spend his life with.

Fate was not his friend. He huffed sadly and rose to a sitting position. "Now that I really think about it...I'm not so sure if I want to find a pack. I've actually stopped and slowed down a bit, kept my mind from racing as it has been recently." he whined quietly and pinned his ears. "I just don't know."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 6:40 pm

Raven

Raven

Black thorns twisted around as he spoke. She looked at him, he seemed lost. "Well perhaps I could travel with you to one of the packs and see if it is something you might desire." She offered feeling sorry for him. Her tail wagged. "It will give you time to think on the way.' She stood and stretched and shook out her now dry obsidian pelt. She didn't know why she extended the kindness at this moment. Perhaps it is because he somewhat reminded her of herself at one point.

Her gaze fell upon him once more. "Perhaps a full belly would help. Come...the night life will be drawing in for a drink. Pickings should be good." she said and glanced around the pond and then slipped into the sparse undergrowth.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Asper smiled and quickly followed, although at a distance he hoped she would consider comfortable. He wondered if he should invite her to come with him. These light packs she spoke seemed to be the best choice. Maybe he could convince her. He kept to her scent as best he could-he didn't know where the best areas to hunt were.

"What kind of prey is in the desert?" he asked, very curious about what he might be trying to take down. He padded through the lose sand and tried to keep up, but he was used to regular old dirt and stone floors.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:41 pm

Raven

Black paws floated across the sand like shadows, it had taken a while to master but once one did it came naturally. Spreading the toes slightly to help support the ones weight in the sand. She flicked her ear and heard his voice come to her ears. "Hares, wild pigs, desert sheep near the cliffs..." she said and stopped and her black nose scented the air. "Lizards, rats, turtles, insects,birds, mice... snakes..if you are desperate enough. You need to know which kind are toxic though.." she said and on of her ears rotated to catch a sound. Most loners caught the smaller prey..lizards, hares, the occasional bird...but now that she had an accomplice she would attempt something bigger. Her belly had not been 'full' in a long while.

Raven flicked her tail. "Come...stay close..we will come at them from behind." she said softly and with the coming darkness she seemed like a fleeting shadow. "There are pigs near.." she whispered, her voice like moth wings on the evening air. She rounded back to the oasis..and there they were. A small group of five adult pigs and three piglets. "They are vicious.." she breathed giving Asper warning and flicked an ear. "Round the west side of the pool,they will be on alert so will bolt as soon as they see me charge." she said offering him the killing part of this endevor.
Back to top Go down
Asper

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Asper listened carefully as he followed her. She seemed to know the area very well. He liked that about her. A wolf that took the time to learn about his or her surroundings and region was a smart wolf. He smiled into the darkening desert. "How do I tell which ones are toxic, then?" He was curious now, and he scented the air as his large paws struggled to keep his weight stable in the lose sand. She was starting to pull ahead, so he paded more quickly. He managed, although his faster paw-falls only made him less balanced.

"Pigs? Well..that sounds good. It's been a while since I had a good boar to eat." He stomach growled again, and he pushed his ears back against his skull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Footfalls in the Sand   Footfalls in the Sand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Footfalls in the Sand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next