Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley

Go down 
+22
Bear
Ruffian
White wolf
flamewolf6
mikalaisangel09
Sheawolf88
_Sensable_
Moohn
Zanderslip
HaruXD
silverbrushedfur
EDITOR
__silvers__
WarriorWolf
Morbid Joke
FoSsY
Starrlight
Silent
Kouga9
akkanatrum
rainstorm111
Shadowed
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:14 am

"Actually, yes, there is something," Doctor replied after Elysia departed. Looking around, he continued, "I want to look for stragglers in this area of the lands. I want you to stick with me and help me look so you don't get lost looking for the correct dens. Two pairs of eyes may be better than one, and when facing an unknown circumstance, it's best to have a companion in case one needs to seek help. We won't do this for long so we won't be in more danger than necessary. Let me know if you see someone, and no heroics without my lead."

He started to move perpendicular to the direction the noise was coming from. There was no way he'd head towards it dead on, especially since the noise was starting to get louder, and he didn't have a way to gauge how close it was. Plus, there was always the chance this thing was something that he wouldn't see until it was atop him, which he really hoped isn't the case. Assassins were bad enough without throwing nature into the mix. He still had to consider the fact that some of the other pups, like Elysia wandered off and would probably head towards the noise, although he wouldn't be able to do anything if any were already that close. His pace started as a slow jog so Cade could catch up, but would speed up slightly once he knew the other was following.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Cardinal's yellow gaze followed Ali as she returned to the dens, before averting to Cobalt. "Come on, Robin will catch up." With that, the granite male began a quick paced walk. Twin peaks remained attentive, catching every sound carefully. From the crickets, to the birds, the mysterious and thunderous sound over came all. It was no thunder, the beat was off and wide spread, and the sky was clear from clouds. The pack had a right to worry, Cardinal was concerned himself. Still, it would be best to identify the source rather than alarm the pack. By now they must of all been hearing it, since Ali first showed it to him it had become louder. That was the bigger concern, for it was definitely coming closer. Cardinal's pace quickened, and he only glanced back briefly. Spotting the approaching form of Robin, he hadn't seen the bruja in a while. But that was not something to dwell on. all the same he slowed his pace so that Robin could catch up. "Your daughter's close." Cardinal spoke with an uneasy tone, he had just picked up the scent. Here, where they were now, the sound had become quite over powering. And then his attention shifted, nares flared to recapture the scent he had had only a moment ago. A familiar scent wafted near, seemingly coming before the sound.

It was hard to pinpoint, the scent of teared up earth and dust was mixed but still Cardinal was certain. The granite bruja slowed quickly, and eventually to a halt. "Robin, do you smell that?" He barked, as loud as he could. The sound bared its source, the crushing thunder of an elk herd, and in only moments the very visualization of said herd. The distance was short, and only exposed the width of the migration. This would seem like a opportune hunt, but it was the opposite. The migration wouldn't stop when they were on the run, and those hooves could crush any of them if they got caught in the midst of the movement. Cardinal bristled slightly, it was another danger that this pack was going to experience. "Robin, get Jewel and head back to the dens. Get everyone to the high dens again. They'll run through the low ones and out Snowfall's Lookout, warn everyone and do a head count." The herd was gaining ground, and the sound was deafening. "I'll head to the border and bring the newcomer, and whoever greeted him, there. If not we'll head to Okura Falls."

--------------

Elysia opened her maw to speak, but another voice interrupted her. The young fae turned her attention to the approaching male, someone who was recognizable but she knew little about. Elysia watched the exchange in silence, and from a lower vantage point. Listening to Doctor speak made her curious, and her attention was sharp on his words. When he mentioned the alpha, Ely bounced slightly and smiled. "That's my dad!" It seemed though, that her excitement was over looked. She calmed herself and looked around while the two bruja's spoke to one another, she turned her body to the direction of the oncoming sound and tilted her head lightly. Elysia turned back when Doctor's features came into view, and his lyrics filled her tiny auds. Elysia sat stood attentively, and then nodded in understanding. Without a response, the young woman put a bounce in her step and headed back the way she came.
Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

Number of posts : 17
Pawprints : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:02 pm

He nodded at the Doctor then stood straight as he spoke with the pup. He didn't really know what to do with himself as his intention to come here was to join the well known pack but it seems that the noise has startled the pack. His head turned towards the noise, his ears wanting to catch any other sound it caught as his body took a few more steps towards it. He huffed as he turned his attention back at the now silent Doctor. "Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked the pack member, his green eyes honest as his body posture showed loyalty already as he didn't want to get have a bad first impression with him. He wondered who else was in the pack, and more importantly who was the pack leader. He wasn't really told much of each pack by his father but all he knew that he told him to settle into this team of wolves if he wanted this kind of life.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Ali held Cardinal's gaze, nodding her head, understanding his words. "Howl if you need us. I'll wake Robin and send him along, too," she replied. She turned and smiled at Cobalt in passing, hoping whatever this was would rid him of his bad mood. She trotted down the hill and into the brush, to a grove of green trees where her husband lay. She nosed his sun-streaked shoulder. "Robin. Robin, wake up," she said, with a slight urgency in her voice, but not total worry. "Something's going on northeast of here. Cardinal and Cobalt are going to check it out. I think you should go too, just in case."

Robin raised his head and yawned. Before he replied, however, he felt the vibration in his paws and his ears perked up, hearing the echo of a thunderous roar... That definetely was not thunder. He wasn't sure what it was, either, but knew that it could be a potential threat to the pack... No need to sound the alarm just yet, though. He stood up and nuzzled his wife. "Okay. I'll be back. Where's Jewel?" he asked.

"Doctor and I sent her to gather some herbs. She'll be gone for a while, I think."

"Well, make sure she stays here when she gets back... I don't want her in danger. Keep her close, Ali."

"I know what you mean, dear... I know what you mean," she said and gave him a familial nuzzle. She licked the crescent-shaped scar on his muzzle, reminiscent of a battle with coyotes in the past. "I want you to be careful, too."

"A knight always returns to his lady," he said, nuzzled her one more time, and then bolted off in the direction Ali had come, hoping to catch up with Cardinal and Cobalt before they got too far. Ali watched his vanilla-hued form vanish over the hill, and then tended to her own duties, following the sound of the howl. It was coming from the woods. She started for the howl when she saw Doctor run and tend to it; she was inwardly relieved. She had been on her feet for too long, and with what was happening now, she needed a good rest. She glanced at Serenity slumbering beneath a conifer, deaf to the thunder in the air. What it would be like to be old.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 pm

He nodded in response when Cade introduced himself. "No. We'll be able to see it from the high dens, which is where I want the pack to gather. Nuri and Ali should still be if no one else. It's not thunder. Sounds too much like wind to be thunder. I am merely a healer who has seen much in his travels, but I don't want to take any chances. Perhaps I can confirm my suspicions once I can see it. Until then, I don't want to worry anyone more than needed."

Doctor now turned to Elysia. He wasn't properly introduced to the pups individually yet, so he lowered his head so he was closer to her head level and said, "Could you do me a very big favor? I trust you'll be able to do this, and I'll make it up to you later. I'll play with you... or maybe even teach you something. But for now, I need you to run ahead of us to go to your father and tell him Doctor wants him to summon the pack to the high dens. The pack is to clear the area of loose branches and all rocks so that they are far behind the dens."

He knew the flood would have cause some branches to fall. He hadn't seen wind move large rocks and boulders, but once he came out of hiding once time, there were new boulders in the area, and the only thing that could have done that was the horrible wind that looked like a v-shape spinning in circles. There had been rain, though, and there was no rain now, so perhaps it wasn't that kind of storm. He'd only seen it once, and from what the pack he was visiting told him, storms like that only happen in certain places and not others. He didn't recall that kind of storm, nor heard any stories of it, in these lands, though, which confused him. Maybe it was a similar storm, but not exactly the same?
Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:20 am

Cade bowed his head in respect of the Doctor with a smile, taking a step back. "I am Cade, Me and this pup were just talking before that loud noise filled our ears. Do you know what it is?" He asked quickly knowing the doctor didn't have time on his hands. "And also, I could go towards the noise. It sounds like thunder to me, but something is off about it..." He explained his observations with a shrug, he was just a nomad at the moment. Doesn't really matter where he goes, but if he wants to join this pack he would show that he isn't afraid of anything. His green eyes darted around there surroundings as the noise thundered its way into his tall straight ears making him growl in discomfort.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 am

He nodded, and turned to leave as Jewel departed, hoping she would at least consider his words. Doctor knew what it was like to be alone. It felt good, but it was a false feeling for some, as it hardened a wolf, and not all wolves could handle that process, especially once they realized it had slowly crept up on them for years. Wanderlust was one thing, deliberately being alone is another. At the same time, he wouldn't, no- couldn't push. All he could do is let her know in his own ways he could relate. He's seen much outside and inside a pack. Healthy and dying. The best of the worst of wolves. Many of which he's seen first hand or experienced. There was always more to see, though.

Now that Jewel had reassured him she'd be alright, at least for now, he moved towards the howl, unsure if anyone had moved that way yet. He was troubled; his wanderlust wasn't calling to him, for it apparently knew something did was happening right here. And here he was thinking if he stopped wandering, he wouldn't come across tragedy and problems. For all the time he'd traveled, he only stopped when there was trouble. Real trouble, not petty pack arguments or the like. When things were "fixed," or he'd done what he could, for better or for worse, he normally left again. If he wasn't moving, was he a magnet? He pondered leaving once his urge to move on came back, but he'd become too attached. It was also ridiculous to believe trouble can follow one wolf. It was just a coincidence... He'd go over the border and start edging wolves towards the dens. He heard a loud noise, and he froze at the sound. It was something he hadn't heard for a long time, so his memory was fuzzy, but it was best to direct everyone in one place until he could get in a position to see what was coming, because if it was... they might have to make preparations. There were two thoughts in his mind, and making the wrong preparation would kill them as easily as if they lingered out in the open. The flood some time ago had caught them by surprise, and he wouldn't underestimate this, whatever was coming. If the loud noise really was wind and it was still some distance off, they'd have to prepare for this one, else there will be death. The air felt still, and he tried to bush it off as a coincidence, but didn't completely push the thought from his mind. He only hoped to be so very wrong. Without a visual, he couldn't tell what it was.

"Who do we have here?" He said, a bit hurriedly, but calmly, coming across Cade and Elysia. Doctor recognized Elysia, but not the other wolf, who the former probably stumbled across. Did she escape Nuri without his notice, or did he left her go? An aud twitched in his stillness once he stopped walking in his impatience and nervous energy. This wasn't a good time to linger, but they probably had time to calmly head over. Brown eyes looking directly at Cade's green, he continued, "I'm Doctor. If you seek a home in these pure lands, I'm sorry I can't give you a proper introduction, but I'm sure you heard the... unusual noise. I want the pack and recent arrivals together at the dens, and I still have to let the alpha know what I want to do before that noise comes any closer if it chooses to come this way. Then I'll have to find stragglers..."
Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Cade grinned wide at her explanation to everything, hearing her mock her father making him roll his eyes and how confident she was with herself gave him a light chuckle. He shifted his position as she spoke before jumping up to his feet standing protectively, his ears pointed up as he looked everywhere not liking that sound one bit. It sounded like Thunder to him but something was off about it. "Wet again?" He asked, confused as he hasn't been in these regions for a long time. His green eyes scanning there surroundings as his paws were close to passing the border line. He thought for a second if the pup meant a flood as he has heard about it before but never experienced it himself.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Pawprints : 649

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Elysia's attention had turned to the ground, scratching at it as if she would find buried treasure. She stopped when lyrics entered her auds, and the curiosity returned to her eyes as the bruja spoke. Cade. "that's a funny name." Elysia scrunched her nose and mouthed his name silently, before disregarding that and listening to his warning. "You sound like my dad. Don't go in Midnight Crevasse Elysia, you'll fall in and I'll never see you again. I wouldn't fall in!" The young fem deepened her voice as best she could to represent her father's warning. "Just like I wouldn't get into danger. I can take on anything! I took down Esa, and then we went after Haru." Elysia went on as if Cade knew the other whelps she was talking about, and she stood proudly with her chest out. "I'm Elysia, pleasure to meet you Cade." She sat upon her haunches, not but a few paw lengths from where he was. "Why are you here?" Elysia asked, her crania tilting slightly to show her intrigue. The young fae's attention span was still rather short, and so for a few moments she stared at Cade, but the sound of thunder made her auds flick to the side. "You hear that?!" A bit of panic over took her, and she stood quickly. Elysia hadn't been totally unaware of what had happened recently, and while she couldn't recall every detail, the sound and wetness were enough. The flood had scared her, and certainly her siblings, but it had only lasted a few moments before she passed out of exhaustion, and the next thing she knew she was up and playing with her siblings. The sound that reached them now reminded her of the sounds from when the flood had happened. "Its going to get wet again, isn't it?" Elysia was still oblivious to Cade's lack of knowledge on her pack.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Jewel looked at Doctor and shook her head a negative. "No company. I don't really need help finding the basics and if I go off alone then we cover more ground to find the herbs we need." She gave a soft sweep of her tail as to reassure her packmate and then would give a nod as he told her to call if she needed help. "I will." She said softly and then Jewel moved along northward.

Her thoughts were her only companion as she hunted for her prey of herbs and medicines. She lingered a bit on Doctor's words of being alone. She gave a heavy sigh. It was easier being alone though....no one left you when you were alone right? She licked her nose to bring the scents stronger to her and began to track down the basic herbs she needed. SO lost in her thoughts and task for a moment she hadn't noticed the rumble. Flicking her ears forward she grew more alert as she realized she was drawing closer. It growing louder. She put down her mouthful of herbs and scented the air. Garlic...chamomile...mint...all of them had deadened her nose.

"Damn.." she cursed under her breath and licked her nose trying to clear it. That noise wasn't thunder.....what ...what was it? She blinked two toned eyes and slunk in the direction to investigate. "Just a peek.." she breathed to herself. If it was danger she needed to warn the pack.
Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:10 pm

He noticed the small pups immediately as there scent entered his snout, seeing the small puff balls came wagging to him, surprisingly no other gaurdian behind them. He raised his head low and smiled wide at the curious pup who couldn't keep the words from flowing out of her mouth. "Im Cade, and you two shouldn't be out here alone little ones, the forest has dangers like you wouldn't believe it." He warned, his green eyes on them worried for the pups but glad they heard him so they wouldn't be alone as a Rogue snack. He lied down on his brown belly showing no threat to the pups and smiled. "Who are you two?" He asked, his paws right on the boundary of there territory.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 10:38 pm

The young fem bounced slightly when Nuri approved her thirst for adventure, and after she returned to the surface her body shook with giddiness. It was hardly contained when her father began cleaning her face, she sat patiently as he did so but still her body shook slightly. Elysia hopped along closer to Corset when Nuri nudged her, but her attention returned at his words. Saucers, two golden saucers opened wide at her father's tease, she shook it off with her short attention span. "We won't! Come on, Corset!" Elysia barked playfully at the other whelp, and bounced around her briefly. "You wanna go exploring?! Or wrestle..." The last words brought out a playful growl, and Elysia crouched to the ground. The endless amount of energy continued to pour out of the young fae, it was a surprise she hadn't dashed off yet. For a moment she froze in her joy, hearing the howl of a new wolf, but that didn't last long and she was focused on her new friend again. "Come on!" The little ball of fur spoke one last time to Corset, before dashing off.

Her little legs carried her far away from the mainland, and she wasn't entirely sure if Corset was following. This was the first time she had stepped out of the den, and adrenaline coursed through her like fire. The sense of pure adventure carried her well into the woods, far enough away that if she paid attention fear would enrapt her. But as of yet, Elysia had done nothing back look around in awe as she traversed the land. The tall trees, the gorgeous range of fall colours. Just as much as her eyes had grown in fear from her father's warning, so did they upon the sight of so much variations of colour. Tiny mitts continued to carry her further, as the scents captured her attention as well. A specific scent especially, it seemed familiar, and yet completely foreign. Elysia froze slightly when her golden orbs fell on a wolf, as clear as day, not but a few pawlengths away. He didn't look familiar, and he stood impatiently. "Hello!" The naivete of a whelp, her fear subsided and turned into curiosity. "Who are you? Were you the one calling? Why are you scratching the ground? Oh! Is there something under there?!" Elysia moved closer to Cade, her whipcord wagging slightly and a million questions poured out of her.

--

The granite male stood firmly, his gaze out toward the rising cloud and the thunderous sound. It was strange indeed, but not unlike something he had heard before. He trained his auds towards the sound, straining to distinguish what seemed to be an off beat thunder. A howl of a newcomer broke that concentration, and his gaze turned back to the pack. If there was no reason to raise an alarm for the sound, then there wouldn't be a need to bother the pack with a newcomer either. "Not an opportune time..." Cardinal spoke lightly, almost under his breath. "I'm not certain, Ali." It was the truth, and his gaze turned to her. "I'll go closer and see what I can find, go greet the newcomer and invite them in or run them off, then join me if you wish. Cobalt, you're welcome to come with me." Cardinal stated, his gaze returning to the sound. Who said chivalry was dead. He would rather have Ali greet a newcomer than potential come to harm by whatever was making such a thunderous sound. It was concerning even to him, but the bruja would see his own death before that of a fellow pack mate. Cardinal dug canyons in the terra breath, contemplating what was before him.
Back to top Go down
Dauntless

Dauntless

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:42 pm

Cade walked through the woods close to the Tirisfal
Valley pack knowing they were there and wondered if he can join the
pack. His forest green eyes stared into there territory as he was just on the border. His dark brown coat
blended in slightly with the dirt ground. He might have not been
recognizable if it wasn't for his hard breathing from running here, his
paws shuffling from side to side anxious to just walk in but knew that
would show he was a threat to them. Instead he placed his hind legs
slightly back as he brought his head up to howl loudly,
showing them he was there, waiting for a member of the pack to either
greet him or bite his tail and make him run off. He paced the border
line, his head low as his claws digged into the ground wanting to do
something with his paws.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Nuri watched in happy contentment as his daughter ate the morsel. He was far too old to even remember his first taste of meat but he could still appreciate her vigor. Before she had a chance to do anything else another whelp came to beg an audience for playing. Nuri smiled and looked at Elysia who own little face begged as well. "That is fine, don't wander too far and before you go..." He leaned forward and began licking her face getting off most of the blood of the kill. He was done in moment and he nudged her hindquarters to scoot her in the direction of the other pup. "And remember stay away from Moonlight Crevasse, you'll fall in and I would be sad if i never got to see my daughter again." He spoke with a teasing tone but his concern was real. Glancing up his green eyes caught sight of Ali wandering off with Cardinal she seemed to be tracking something...Attention back on Elysia he grunted "Now off with you." He strode over to the kill where not much remained but a goodly enough portion for somebody. Finding a sturdy section he clamped down and dragged the beast off to the side in shade of trees and brush. It would be best not to attract any other predators and hopefully this would keep the crows off for long enough.
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 4:09 pm

His ears layed aganist his head as he looked around the pack. His golden-hazel eyes watched around the pack, as he stood as heard a sound of in the distance. It was low sounding, since he was far away, but he guessed that it was thunder and sat down, with his paw lifted up a bit. It seemed as of now that it was getting better slowly and steady. He inhaled the scent of elk as he saw something running to Cardnial. Ali, she talked to him briefly then they went back to where the fae had come from. Maybe they needed his help, because if he was going to live in this pack, he would need to help out. He stood quietly, limping in the direction of the thundering sound. His three, good legs manage to pick up the speed after limping after them for a while.

He came to a stop as they did. Sadly, he was too far away to hear what Ali said, but he heard the sound of the thunder. It didn't sound like thunder, nothing that he knew of. This kind of weather was nothing he knew. He slowly limped over beside Ali, and spoke to her after she had spoken to Cardnial. "I wish that I knew what it was. But is there anything I could do, Ali?" His face looked curious and surpised as his golden-hazel eyes seemed to glow as the thundering still feeled his ears when it decided to roar loudly across the valley. What could her do to help figure this out? What did Ali or Cardnial need him to do? What if everyone wouldn't make it out of here alive?

It seemed now all he could do...is wait and see.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:18 pm

Ali nodded, eyes glancing over to Cobalt, who had fallen silent. She wanted to ask him how his paw was doing, but if there was trouble, this was not the time. She hoped that this would not worry him - the invading wolves from earlier had stirred the pack enough, as was shown by their rest, at the moment. As she lead Cardinal up the hill, she realized how weary she was herself, and how long it had been since she had slept. However, there was food in her belly, and that was enough to keep her going. She reached the crest of the hill and pointed her muzzle in the direction of the dusty cloud rising from the earth.

"Listen," she said, ears perked forward. There was the rumbling again, like thunder, but there was not a cloud in the sky. She had never heard or seen such an event, and then could only look at Cardinal for more knowledge. "It... It sounds like thunder, but it clearly is not," she added. If Cardinal didn't know, would anyone else? She didn't want to stir alarm, but... A terrible death had already landed on them once, and nearly tore her family apart. She couldn't bear another death in the pack, especially when things were just starting to come together again after a long summer...
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 9:26 pm

She bounced up the moment her farther moved toward the kill, and she followed his heels quickly, the tantalizing idea of finally eating meat made her maw water. Elysia sat by Nuri when they reached the kill, returning to an almost regal posture, as she waited with the patience of a nun. Though a part of her wanted to attack the already dead animal, she remained solid, awaiting for her father's permission. Hearing the grunt and his words, her hues widened a bit at the sight of the meat. Elysia moved forward, looking the liver over with curiosity. Nares flared for the rather wonderful scent, and the mouth watering continued. Tiny ivories dug into the succulent meat, and once that first bite went down she went in with vigor. It was anything but lady like, and when she finished eating the small bit she did, her tongue cleaned up the blood from her maw. Lyrics of enjoyment would've sung from her maw, except her attention was instantly turned to Corset. Elysia crouched slightly again, ready to pounce the other whelp with glee, but her gaze turned back to her father. "Can I play, pleeeease!" Elysia put on her best puppy look and kept her amber gaze on Nuri.

~~~

Cardinal had the brief conversation with the young bruja, brief because he had chosen the better option of a meal. The granite male had found no hunger rumbling his stomach, and when he did he would scavenge whatever was left of the kill or find a hare or two to fill the urge. For now, he reveled in the tranquility around him. Most of the pack was eating, or relaxing by the high dens. It was a peaceful time, and one that was certainly deserved. Much chaos had gone in recent times, bears, wolves, and mother nature. The bruja moved only briefly before hearing the approach of another wolf, other then Cobalt he hadn't spoken with anyone in a while, it was a welcomed presence. His gaze lifted from the terra to Ali's form, and he let a brief smile cross his maw. It faded at her lyrics, and his lanterns lifted past her. He noted her gaze moving to Nuri and the rest of the pack, and he could see the slight concern on her features. "Perhaps we should take a look." Cardinal offered, he agreed with not raising the alarm. Though with the recent situations that have occurred, if it was nothing than it would be a waste to have everyone go. His gaze returned to the pack, seeking out another wolf. Robin was resting, as was Serenity, and Nuri seemed preoccupied with his daughter. A pleasant sight in the land, little ones to continue the future of the pack. "Lead the way, Ali. If it's a concern, one of us will return." Cardinal returned his attention to the fae.

[Ooc: Cobalt had left, but no bigge =P I feel like this post sucks D:]
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:01 pm

After several minutes of waiting for her daughter to arrive, Ali knew that she would be scouring the meadow alone. It did not bother her, for she knew that Jewel was now seeking independence, and she was proud to have her do so. The half-husky tread through the tall, dry grasses, nudging them aside to reach the shorter plants, like the dandelion and chamomile. She huffed and chased away the whining cicadas, snapping at a grasshopper or two that sprang from the underbrush, startling her. She was careful to keep away from the large, brown spiders that made their webs in places she couldn't easily see, knowing that a sting from any one of them was enough to paralyze her. Within an hour or so, she had a variety of herbs clasped in her mouth, and she turned around to carry them back to camp. She made a mental note to search for a tortoise shell to store the plants in before winter's descent.

The pack was still gathered at the base of the hill of the High Dens, and she turned northwards for the Low Dens. The yellow grass was sparse between the cracked earth; a dry mudbed from the storm at the beginning of the summer. She set the herbs in the back of her old den and then emerged, finished with the task and left with nothing else to do. All of her patients were now in good health, it seemed. Her husband was asleep, her daughter was gathering herbs, and the pups were playing with Nuri. All seemed to be well in the valley of Tirisfal, a safe haven in a world of danger.

The sound of echoing thunder caught her attention. A pointed ear turned towards the sound, backscattering off the mountains around the basin, yet there was not a cloud in sight. Ali's ivory brow furrowed, perplexed. She made her way back to the High Dens, passing a slumbering Serenity upon the way, who also raised his head at the strange sound. It was a patterned rumbling, like heavy raindrops on a roof, but low and deep, like a lion's growl. Ali reached the peak of the crest and looked northwest, towards the Muerta Mountains and Serenity Lake. There, a gold cloud was rising from the green earth, cascading through the trees. She inhaled, trying to catch a scent, but all she could smell was dust and musk. It wasn't fire. There was something big over there, and it was something she couldn't recognize.

Concerned, she headed over towards Cardinal and Cobalt, dipping her crown. "I'm sorry to interrupt," she said, seeing that they were in the middle of conversation. "But there's something northeast of here I think everyone should see. I'm not sure what it is." She glanced in Nuri's direction, knowing that she should have probably alarmed him first, but she didn't want to ring the bell in false alarm. Nuri was probably still tired from the dark wolves that had been on the borders earlier, and didn't want to bother him. She valued Cardinal's input as much as any other's, and didn't mind hearing from Cobalt, either.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 am

He said to the pair, "I'll leave you be for the time being. Whether you stay here or leave is up to you. Our scents will bring you to the pack should you seek us out."

He looked up, eyes meeting familiar mismatched ones. Jewel. "Judging by your new task, I venture to hope your hunt went well? I apologize for leaving you and Cumulus as I did. If I knew it was a small handful of wolves, I'd have been more willing to bring you along. You've grown since I first came across these lands, and you know how it is with us oldies trying to protect our future until we're confident they can stand on their four feet."

He wondered what happened while he was here. Normally Cumulus would be following her. Something in her voice made him stop before he thought about asking. "Just the basic herbs. Stuff like comfrey, poppies, garlic, and maybe lavender if they're around. If you don't see it, don't bother- I can look for the trickier to find later. If you see any other basic healing herbs on your way, I'd appreciate it." Spider webs could be found at all times, and normally so could dandelion.

"No company, then?" He questioned. Not that she looked like she wanted it, but he had to admit he was a bit concerned. It could just be a young adult thing, but he wouldn't push on the subject any more than this. "If you change your mind, or find more herbs than you can carry, call, ok? As much as a wolf might want some time alone, too much of it can be just as dangerous as too much time with others."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Jewel nodded to her mother and spoke. "I will search the Northern half then mother." she said softly making a mental note for Chamomile. She would then would turn her feet to go and find Doctor as her mother's rolling gate took her back through the rolling green of the land.

Her nose told her where to find him. She followed his scent out and would come upon him...garlic...and a wolf she didn't know. A soft chuff would announce her presence as she looked at them with two toned eyes. She would ask if there was anything he needed from the north before she took herself that way...alone. It's what she needed right now....with Cumulus gone...her brother gone....she was embracing the solitude....what other company did she have really?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:44 am

Corset nodded. “Okay, Serenity!” She bounded out of the water, pausing to shake the water out of her pelt, soaking Serenity. “Oops! Sorry!” But she was still soaking wet. She scrambled after him. She perked her ears up when she smelled the succulent scent of meat, and she sped up. She dug into the piece of meat Serenity had yanked out for her, then stopped, looking up at him as he spoke. She nodded, then went back to ripping into the meat. She finished quickly, then looked towards Elysia, her muzzle red with blood from her meal. She trotted over, her tail wagging happily as she dripped water and the occasional blood from her muzzle. “Mr. Nuri? Can Elysia play?”
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Nuri looked down at his daughter with a delighted smiled and nodded his ebon head at her enthusiasm. He could not help the grin that broke over his features. Eyes shining with wonder and love at his and Snowfall's child. As always there was a pang of sorrow when thinking about his mate but he carried on knowing that she was being cared for and the love he felt for his children helped soothe the ache. He wondered how Bright was doing and figured he would drop by and check up on the she wolf. Green eyes tracked his daughters attention on the small bird who alighted a few feet away. He watched as he body lowered into a timeless posture of the hunt but it was more comical then deadly. He allowed her to stalk the bird knowing there wasn't a chance she would ever catch it. He chuckled at her little bouncing form vibrant with energy she almost seemed to hum. Again he felt warmth spread in his chest and nosing her cheek laughed. "Yes of course you can. Come." He moved over her and towards the carcass. Swathes of meaty portions were left waiting to be ingested. Sniffing tentatively he nosed at the stomach of the creature careful not to get too messy. With a certain movement of age and experience his teeth tore into the stomach where he quickly located and retrieved the liver. As the alpha things like this tended to be left for him, though he did not mind sharing. Ripping a chunk off he licked his bloody muzzle and grunted in his throat calling over Elysia. "Try a small bite of this..." He watched waiting to see her reaction.

Besides the recent incident at the edge of the forest which Doctor had under control the pack seemed pleased and content. Everyone was moving about doing their own activities and Nuri's calm reflected that of a content pack.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:37 pm

He came upon the scene with yet another splash, discovering a soaked Corset yet again. It looked like she had succeeded in pulling out the moss, no matter how unconventional her methods were. Serenity chuckled and shook his head. He noticed the creek had gotten shallower in his short journey, the sun still beating on his marbled-white fur overhead. It had been over a month ago since they had rain, and though it mildly concerned him for now, he knew that there was no need to panic. Tirisfal had already proved itself to be a flourishing, plentiful valley, and he knew that the tall mountains and the cold lake would protect them from whatever dangers existed. The gods had pointed him to this place of pure hearts. There was no reason for them to point him in the wrong direction. "Thank you for your help, Corset. Let's head back to the pack and eat," he said, his stomach growling, and he loped off in the direction they came.

The sweet scent of elk flooded his nares as they came back to the low dens, now dry. The storm from the past left the ground bare, his paws kicking up red dust and dirt. He saw Ali go north, probably looking for more herbs, and her husband lay in the shade, already finished with his meal. Jewel was present as well, looking like she was still in the middle of her meal, and he nodded in greetings. He ripped off a small chunk enough for Corset, and then a larger chunk for himself. Auds twitched at the sound of a young voice, one that was not Corset's, and he looked over to find a small pup yipping about Nuri's heels. He smiled. Nuri was an old bru like himself. Serenity turned back to Corset. "Eat first, and then ask Mr. Nuri if Elysia can play," he said, settling down beneath a pine tree, the crisp scent of the needles mixing in with the meat, almost like a spice. His bones felt hot beneath his skin, and he knew that he was not as fit as he used to be. He needed rest, and Corset needed a friend.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Her whipcord rejected the concept of stopping, it slipped from side to side in vigor and without restraint. Elysia had slipped to the ground on her haunches, only to bounce up at the mention of meat. With the energy that only a whelpling could muster, she ran around in a circle for a brief moment of excitement. "Yes please!" She had sat down abruptly before answering, and politeness poured out with ease. Though her body practically shivered with energy, she contained it to appear calm and polite in front of her father. Hues wandered around the area, watching all the others and the general air of camaraderie, it was a wonder to watch. Her short attention snapped to a bird a short pawlengths away, and immediately she turned to it and crouched down. Her rear shot up in the air as her front lay parallel to the terra, and she moved forward slowly. Elysia only managed a few steps before bounding forward with a pathetically cute growl as the bird flew away from her grasp. Frustrated with her lack of success, her attention returned to Nuri, and she pouted as she returned to him. "Stupid bird..." Elysia kicked the terra a bit in defeat, before looking at her father. "Can I try some meat now, please?" She sat on her haunches and emphasized the request, smiling and letting her tassel whip back and forth again.

[Ooc: Oops, sorry Ruffian =P]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:45 am

"Whatcha laughing at Serenity?" She tilted her head, the debris slipping off her muzzle and landing in the water with a splash. She giggled as he wiped the thing off her nose. "Okay!" She grabbed some in her teeth and pulled, yanking it off the rock. She trotted to the bank, setting it down spread out so it would dry evenly. This is boring. She couldn't help but think. She grabbed some more in her maw, but she didn't notice that some roots had grown over it, sticking it to the rocks. She yanked and pulled, trying to get it off, but failing. She began to growl as she tugged every which way. She managed to rip it off, and she was sent tumbling head over heels in the water.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:39 am

Serenity's ears twitched at the sound of Corset's voice, and he turned to see her dripping from head to toe, as if she had dived right into the water. Mud and debris were stuck in her coat. Serenity couldn't help but laugh at the sight, seeing a grin on her face as big as the shining sun. "Really?" he said, tail wagging, and stepping through the creek again. He could feel the slimy, smooth stones beneath his pads, and he knew without having to look that moss covered the bottom. He looked down right where she was. "Great job, Corset!" he said, nuzzling her with his muzzle. He lifted a paw and wiped a piece of something green off her nose. "Think you can pick some of it off with your teeth? It won't taste very good, but Mrs. Ali and will need it for her stocks. It will have to dry in the sun for a while. I am going to look for some spiderwebs, okay?"

He brushed her gently with his tail, giving her this small task - training had to start somewhere, and it was always best to start young. He headed across the creek to a bundle of katniss plants and tall water grasses, where there was sure to be a spider's web. He moved carefully through the brush, not wanting to be bitten by a spider. He did not know if there were poisonous spiders in Tirisfal, but it never hurt to be cautious. He used his front paw to divide the reeds, and then, he spotted two webs, thick with silky and shining silver. He saw two little brown spiders scuttling nearby. "Hello there," he said, speaking to them as if they were a pair of wolves. "Do you mind if I borrow your webs? I promise to you that I will return you the favor one day." Then, as if understanding, the two spiders hopped to adjacent grasses, their black eyes watching him, as if accepting his offer. Serenity nodded his head. "Thank you," he said, and turned, using his tail to collect the spiderwebs. He then headed back through the reeds, wondering how Corset was progressing with the moss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 5:04 pm

She giggled when he spoke to her. Then, he seemed to zone out and look to the sky. She scowled, splashing over to him, splashing his leg to wake him up. "Okay!" She yelped when he asked her to help. She splashed through the water, looking for the stuff he mentioned. She could feel it underwater, causing her to slip and slide, but when she put her head under to reach it, it was out of reach. She pulled her head out of the water, and tilted her head to catch what he said. She scampered over, seeing the moss. "Over here! Over here Serenity!" She called, unnoticing of the river debris the hung over either side of her muzzle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley
Page 7 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 33  Next