Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley

Go down 
+22
Bear
Ruffian
White wolf
flamewolf6
mikalaisangel09
Sheawolf88
_Sensable_
Moohn
Zanderslip
HaruXD
silverbrushedfur
EDITOR
__silvers__
WarriorWolf
Morbid Joke
FoSsY
Starrlight
Silent
Kouga9
akkanatrum
rainstorm111
Shadowed
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
flamewolf6

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-05-02

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: New wolfe in need of help   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 1:02 pm

A new blonde wolf limps along the edge of the lands,looking for any that would notice her. She lifts up that hurt paw after a moment to let it rest. Her large stomach ballooned out underneath her form. She looked pretty badly beaten up but not enough to die for or mortal injuries.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:38 am

Jewel would nod at her mother and take the meat and begin to eat. She really wasn’t that hungry. She had taken to eating rather lightly since Koda’s death. Food just didn’t settle in her stomach well. But she would smile and nod at her mother, as she spoke of how some herbs took time and other’s would take effect right away, and then feel her kiss upon her from her father.

She looked up two toned eyes looking at him expectantly. He looked as if he had news. She flicked her ears back as he said that he went to Jabbar and then they swiveled forward when it was said that her brother’s killer was dead. And then her parents began to fight. Harsh words were thrown and she stood to her paws and backed up. Her mother’s short burst of anger would end and she would watch her mother leave after telling her where she would be. Jewel sighed softly and would look at her father. The rain coming down now streaking her white pelt.

She would lean over and nose her father gently. She knew what he felt…she would have gone too. She would give a wag of her tail and then would pad silently after her mother. She wondered where Robbie was and if this news would settle his soul. She glanced around but wouldn’t call out for him. She would approach her mom. “Mother?” She would call softly. “Are you okay?”

Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

Number of posts : 245
Pawprints : 408
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Cross looked as Doctor made his way towards where she and this newcomer were standing. She took in his lyrics and parted her kissers to speak "I do know Nicolai, as for worrying about him...I wouldn't." She paused for a moment, she wasn't sure what this brutes name was. She began speaking again, her azule optics almost completely focused on Doctor now "As for this newcomer, I have been waiting for him to speak his name as well" She smiled at the end of her statement, she was wondering if she would ever find out his name, or if she should just move on. She shifted her snowy form a little and allowed her tassel to go limp at her side. She had been holding it closer to her bodice when Nicolai had come over, but now she felt oddly relaxed.

~~Nicolai~~

Nicolai nodded his jet tiara in understanding. The reality of it though, he wasn't staying here. He knew that the part of him that made him his fathers son could rise up at any time and everyone just seemed so nice here. He did not want to do any harm to any pure hearts, he had been raised one afterall. He padded away from where he had been talking to Doctor, his cerulean optics and nares working together as a team to find the kill of the pack. He smiled when he found it, and smiled even more when he noticed there weren't many here. He brought his ebony dial to the belly of the kill, his nares faintly picking up the scent of Cross over the scent of the meat. He bit down with his ivory canines, hard. He pulled the large chunk out and made his way away from where anyone else was. His body language making it very clear that he did not want to talk to anyone, the only thing he wanted to do was eat. He lay down on his jet belly, and firmly placed the meat in between his pillars. His maw opened wide and his ivory canines bit down hard once again, and the thrill of the crimson flowing into his throat, reminded him of who he used to be...

Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Watching... They were leaving. He slunk behind them silently and when she nipped at his shoulders he wagged his tail. He wanted to play too! As their bodies left he followed behind them... Not knowing where they were going but Ajax wanted an adventure! He was sick of the den...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 pm

He nodded and replied, "You're welcome here as long as you need, so don't rush your decision." Turning towards Cross and the wolf she had been talking to, Doctor decided he might as well greet him now while he was nearby.

Speaking so his voice wouldn't carry over to Nicolai, he said, "Cross, I want to confirm you know Nicolai, and if I should be cautious of him... and who's your new friend?" Turning towards the white male, he introduced himself, "I'm Doctor, the beta here." He'd leave it up to either one of them to introduced the newcomer to him.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Nicolai listened to the betas words, and nodded his dial that he understood. When it came to the part of Doctor asking him whether he was looking for a permanent place in the pack, he still hadn't completely made up his mind. He parted his raven kissers to speak once more, his voice a little softer this time "I am not...sure.." His lyrics trailed off, he was rather curious to see if Cross would seek him out to talk to him more or if she would stay away from him. He wanted more answers from her about Niko and Sol, that was pretty much the only thing the hessian wanted. He sighed, he needed to stop confusing him. He rose off his hindquarters and spoke again "..Let me eat, and I will find you to let you know whether or not I will be staying here. As for Hamara it is true that it is no more, but I am not sure if anyone had followed me here or not" He allowed his tassel to fall into the place where it should be out of respect for the Beta. Nicolai held no rank here, therefore his tassel showed that. He dipped his dial to the beta and turned to make his way back to where the scent of the kill had captured his attention, his hunger growing more and more within him...

[ooc: Okay, so .. I am not sure if he is staying here or not yet lol...]

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 11:02 pm

He glanced over towards Cross briefly when Nicolai mentioned her name. "I am Doctor, beta and currently carrying out my duty as acting alpha," he replied. "So Hamara is no more?" Then if there were to be more wolves, most may come from there, then. he thought. "Is it temporary refuge you seek, or a home here?" Stepping aside, he continued, "If you are hungry, you may eat. I just wanted to make sure I had your attention. There had been troubles in these lands, so I hope you understand why I acted as such, especially when you came without announcement." He patiently waited for a response or a question.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:49 pm

Nicolais charcoal auds instantly picked up on the voice of another as he padded towards where the kill was. His tassel flicked with a hint of annoyance. It seemed as though the pure in him was once again beginning to leave, leaving him with the darkness that surrounded everything around him. His cerulean optics sized up the brute and offered him a smile, deciding this was not the place for him to use that energy. "I am Nicolai... Who might you be?" He continued to smile with contentment, it was odd how his mood swings could change with just a switch. It felt like his father had screwed him up in the head so much that he did not know who he truly was anymore. He knew Nikolaos and Solara were the reason for everything being so difficult for him. Not only had they been born, but they had ended the life of his mother. He sighed, and parted his maw to speak "I was in Hamara, but before I was welcomed in, a typhoon struck.." His lyrics trailed off as he sank back onto his haunchers, his tassel falling right into place with his body. He continued to speak "I have known Cross almost her entire life, my grandmother raised her..."

Nicolai wasn't sure if he should be giving out her life story, but he soon decided that it would do her no harm. He simply sat there, allowing his gaze to once in awhile dance around the terra that surrounded him. He wondered if he should stay here, or if he should move on to a different pack. The only thing keeping him here was the search for his siblings... He finally focused in on the hessian, wondering when he would speak, and also he wondered what he might say to what Nicolai had said about Cross. It was the truth and this brutes pure hearted mentality often came and went, which was why he usually remained a loner. This time though, he felt like maybe he could stay here with Cross...

~~Cross~~

Her snowy auds picked up the voice of Doctor and she turned her tiara in the direction of where he had met with Nicolai. She could barely make out what Nicolai said, but she knew for sure she had heard her name. He had no right to speak her name. She sighed though, deciding there was no harm done. She simply waited for the other male to speak...

[ooc: Kippyyyyyy ooohhh KIIIPY!!! lmao]
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 9:22 pm

"Thank you, Cardinal," he was grateful. He looked around again, surveying when he saw a dark colored wolf approach Cross, who, from Doctor's distance, seemed to be familiar with. There was another wolf there, but he saw little need to attend to them immediately since it looked like Cross was content with talking with the stranger. "Looks like we have quite a few newcomers lately. I wonder if something's going to happen..." He took a few steps, saying to Cardinal, "I might as well greet him... them."

He started to pad down towards Cross, only to see the dark colored wolf head towards the meat. "Who are you? It's quite dangerous for a wolf to cross in without announcement." he said, positioning himself between this stranger and the kill. Doctor wasn't going to deny him a meal, but he wanted to make sure there wasn't going to be any visible distractions.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:08 am

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Nicolai

Nicolais ebony pelt was soaked with rain from the typhoon that was raging on in Hamara. He had barely come into those lands, hadn't even met with anyone before he was forced to leave. His auds twitched as he remained alert. He was still trying to wrap his thoughts around where he was headed to search for his brother and sister. He sighed as he slowed, his body once again seeming to give up on him. He was barely 5 years old and now he was beginning to age more than normal. He noticed a fatale that looked so familiar to the one that his mother had raised. She was supposed to be his mate, but she had backed out on the arrangement and he had no objection to that because he was happy to be able to take the femme he had. He had let Cross go years ago, and now that he was seeing her again it made him wonder. He padded up to her and another white male. He sank back onto his hindquarters and watched her with his crystal optics. He took in her whole form, and was rather curious as to why she was here.

He parted his maw to speak, his lyrics were a little harsher than he would have liked. He had changed alot since the last time he had seen her. "..Cross?" He still wasn't sure that she was who he thought she was. He could faintly smell Moira on her, and Nikolaos and Solara. She had seen them, and he wondered if she could help him find them. He turned to the other male that had come to her. His azule optics took in his form, and he was waiting to see if the male would speak his name with Nicolai present or if the male would turn and walk away from Cross, which was not at all what he wanted. The only thing he wanted, was reassurance that the fatale he had walked up to, was in fact Cross...

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Cross

Cross' maw opened as she noticed a very familiar form make his way towards her and this other male. She was in a little shock, she wondered if she was seeing things. As soon as he spoke however, she knew it was Nicolai. Even though his voice had changed, and he looked quite different...She knew it was him. She sighed, she guessed her running time was over and now her past was coming back to haunt her. She rose off her haunches and almost went into defensive mode, but as soon as she felt like pouncing on him, she felt like he was not there to do her any harm. She parted her charred kissers to speak, her voice still soft "...Nicolai...". She was still reeling from the shock...She asked herself again, why was he here?

She decided to stop asking herself, and just decided to come out and ask Nicolai why he was here "Why are you here Nicolai?"

Nicolai looked her over, watched her raise to her full height. She had filled out a lot more than the last time he had seen her. His charcoal auds took in her voice, one that reminded him so much of home and his heart slightly ached. He missed being at home, but now something was different. He parted his kissers to speak and rose up to his full height as well. The small drops of dire blood that ran in the family showing in his height. "...I am looking for Nikolaos and Solara, Cross. I can smell traces of them on you...When was the last time you saw them?" It was a little odd that his grandmother had raised the fatale that was supposed to be his mate. Why she was stolen and from where were the main things he knew that ran through her mind...He brought his mind back to the conversation and watched her, cocking his dial to the side with curiousity.

Cross listened and as soon as he brought up Nikolaos and Solara her optics fell. She had indeed ran into them, and they had messed around with her a little. She sighed a little and parted her maw to speak, her lyrics unpleasant this time "...Yes Nicolai, I ran into them...why?"

Nicolai watched her, and he still cared for her, afterall she was a part of the family. They had done something to make her uncomfortable "...I am just looking for them.."

Cross didn't like that he wouldn't tell her why he was looking for them. She was not in the mood for his games. Why do you think she left? She sighed, she thought she had gotten away from it all, but she had thought wrong. Once again the fatale was back into what she did not want to be into. She sighed yet again and sank back onto her haunches. "Nicolai, please go...we can talk later perhaps.." She brought her azule gaze back to the male that had first approached her and waited for him speak his dubbance.

The prince nodded his dial that he understood that she wanted him to leave. He spoke no more, instead he simply padded towards the stream they were near and quenched his thirst. When he had had his fill of the icey water he walked by the two once more and continued towards where he could smell a kill. His nares had picked up on the kill almost as soon as he had passed into the border of the lands. His pillars began to feel rejuvinated, now that he had some answers his mind was a little at ease. He continued towards where the smell had come from and waited for someone to stop him...

[[ooc|| Ummm, wow.... o.O]]

Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:57 pm

Chimera had slipped his mind, she hadn't given off terrible vibes, just minor sketchy ones. He likely should've paid more attention, but he hated the idea of judging someone with almost no knowledge of them. It had happened to him countless times, and for good reason, his demeanor didn't necessarily give off a good vibe. His appearance was rather harsh considering the scar, and with that he had been judged wrongly many times before. The idea of putting another wolf in that position seemed hypocritical of him. The mention of training brought the granite male back from his thoughts, and a brief nod was given in agreement. Action seemed a little necessary in the pack, the hunt was good, but it did make sense for the newcomers to gain some sort of rank. Cardinal's gaze lifted for a moment, glancing as Ali slip pass them, Cardinal got the feeling that she wanted to be alone.

His attention snapped back to Doctor, and he relaxed onto the terra. The mention of the missing alpha's hung in the air once it left Doctor, and Cardinal continued to dwell on it. "You're doing a great job so far, and I'm willing to help you when necessary. As are the rest of the pack, I'm sure." Amber hues lifted away from the bruja, towards the kill and the rest of the main area. Asking why the alpha's left seemed pointless, wolves had their reasons, including alphas. Though it was always a little different when alphas disappeared.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Chimera

She would smile hearing his words. He wanted to learn it all. Perfect. "Rob you will be so great." She would murr softly to him and smile stroking his ego as she saw that look in his eyes. She would nuzzle his neck fur again softly and lean back and flick her tail in an alluring manner. "Come then Rob...follow me to greatness." She would purr and then turn bolting like a grey shadow, sleek and darting through the wood.

Quickly now. She had to take what she got here. They were so untrustworthy of strangers. Rob would be better than nothing at all, and she hadn't lied to him. He did have potential. She would pause only to make sure Rob was following her. Smiling sweetly at him and flicking her tail high over her back. Soon they were over the border. The black pearl was next on her agenda, hopefully she would be able to find more recruits there. She would pause upon a sand dune looking back at Tirisifal.

She would wait for Rob to side her and she would look at him with her golden orbs and then back at his birthlands. "Stay with me Rob...you are so strong...and will only become stronger." She murred in his ear and would brush her bodice against his before turning her feet toward the Black Pearl. She needed to make sure she had him hooked completely.

Laughing playfully she would nip at his shoulder and flick her tail trying to get him to chase her. And run they would toward the Pearl.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Ali inwardly celebrated. Jewel was... taking after her... and had so many questions... and was such a good student. Tears welled in her crystalline eyes, but she held them back with a warm smile. "Let us eat first, my dear," she said, nuzzling her cheek. "Brain food, afterall. I will answer your questions and more, I promise." She gave her an affectionate, motherly kiss and turned to the carcass. Most of the rich organs had been eaten already, but much of the meat remained. She dug her incisors into a succulent piece that was bleeding still and pulled hard, tearing it from the bone into a sizable chunk. She placed her paws on the meat and chewed, the warmness of it filling her starving belly. The last time she had eaten was when the humans had caught her, put her in a cage with slop instead of kibble, and that had done nothing but give her the runs. She didn't realize how hungry she was until now, eating until every last piece of meat that was before her was gone.

She raised her head and licked her lips, waiting for Jewel to finish before speaking. When she would be, she said, "Now, to answer some of your questions. You will find that some herbs will take immediate effect, whereas others need to be taken over time. You can tell the difference by - " Ali stopped, eyes seeing her husband run towards them from over Jewel's shoulder. He seemed... happy, almost. He ran up to her, nuzzling her and kissing Jewel, as if elated with joy. Ali raised a brow. "What's going on?"

"I went to Jabbar," Robin announced, tail wagging behind him and helping himself to a piece of meat to chew on. "And... Koda's killer. He's dead. There was a battle there of some sort, and..." Robin's voice fell, watching as Ali's eyes went from clear and curious to cloudy and dark. Her ears were flattened against her rounded skull; it was a face that Robin did not see often, but he knew he had done something wrong. He pulled his own ears back, tail no longer wagging. "I..." He dropped his head. "I'm sorry. I didn't know what I was thinking, Alaina. I just... wanted..."

"Wanted to what, Robin?" Ali shot, her tone fierce. "Get killed? How dare you tell Doctor that you're not going, but you do? Do you realize the danger you could have caused to this pack?"

Robin shook his head. "But it wasn't about the danger or myself! I was... looking for justice. If the murderer was still alive, I - "

"Don't you say that word!" Ali shouted, her heart bleeding. She didn't want to hear any words about her son's killer. "And you would have what? Gotten revenge?"

Robin looked away from her, staring absentmindedly at the lake, where Koda's body had been sent away on a raft like the tradition of wolves in the Arctic. He didn't know what would have happened if the killer had still been alive, in Jabbar or not. A part of him would have wanted to talk with him, but a more primal side wanted further justice than a simple speech. Wolves that slaughtered children had no right to be living themselves.

Ali huffed, restraining her short burst of anger. She looked to her daughter; she hated fighting in front of her, or any of her children, no matter what age. She glared at Robin and said, "We'll discuss this another time." She turned to Jewel. "I'll be down by the creek looking for a turtleshell. I will help you look for one as well, and answer your questions there."

She turned, leaving Robin to stare at the lake. She didn't want to argue with him anymore than she already had. She passed Doctor and Cardinal on her way, but said nothing; if Robin wanted to tell them the "good news", he would have to do it himself. She weaved her husky-like body through the trees until the marshy ground sloped downhill to a creek, just beginning to run. Chunks of ice floated downstream, and she took a couple of drinks, her throat dry from the yelling and also needing something to wash her meal down. Her mind churned with angry thoughts, but instead of dwelling upon them, she began to look through the fronds and under rocks for an abandoned turtleshell. And, as if on cue, it began to rain, spotting her pelt with dark splotches. Thankfully, though, the raindrops hid the tears draining from her eyes.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Lacrimosa? Where was that? He had never heard anyone talk about it before. He frowned when she spoke about protecting his family and home. He would do that and more...he would kill everyone and anyone responsible for Koda's death. If he went with her he could learn so much...why was she offering this to him? Who was she really? But if she was telling the truth. What could it hurt if he went with her? And she said he had potential. It was clear he was taking after his father and he would be a good sized brute. His mind momentarily taken away by the other words of gathering others. If he had been paying attention he might have been more curious, more attentive to what she was really saying behind her words. But he was young and swayed so easily. He could take revenge for Koda's death...Eyes trained on her and he stepped after her. "Yes, I will come with you. I want to learn it all." His words echoed Jewels at that very moment and something in his mind flicked to his sister but he couldn't afford to be held back. He would be home soon enough and he would show them how strong he was. ....They had to leave now...

How could he leave without saying anything, his mother and sister..and even his father...he looked back into the forest but again she touched his neck and his mind clouded over and he nodded eagerly and followed in her wake....
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Chimera

She would look boldly into his eyes as his question hit her ears and she smiled sweetly. "To my home lands. To Lacrimosa." She would say her voice soft and she would smile softly at him and wag her tail softly as he sided her. "My queen would be more than happy to help you Rob and then you would be able to protect your home and familiy when you returned." She would say softly and move foward to stand in front of his face and smiled. "Come with me....I have to stop at other packs along the way and try to gather others. But come with me Rob. You have so much potential." She would say caressing his pride and flicking her tail in an alluring manner. "You would make your pack so proud and safe." She would say and then walk futher into the trees then turn and look at him coyly.

"Rob." She would say blinking her yellow eyes that at one time looked ordinary and now looked anything but. "Will you come with me?" She asked and would flick her tail again. "Now?" She had to make her break now, unable to dally anymore here if she could just get one...to help her further her cause for her queen. She leaned close and would nuzzle his neck boldly and lean back and smile.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:29 pm

Jewel

Jewel would look at her mother and nod and sniff the various plants and herbs she was showing her. She was then asked if she had any questions. "I know some herbs you eat but how do you know how much is too much to give mother?' She asked concerned that she might do more harm than good. "And how do I know for sure if someone has a belly ache or a belly full of pups? Or if a broken leg can be healed?" she was worried now that she wasn't going to be a good enough student to help anyone. She flattened her ears and would take a piece of meat. Her belly was empty and it was demanding food.

"I want to learn it all mother...." she said honestly. Once she started learning it had proved a vital skill as fighting would be at least in Jewels eyes.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:58 pm

Robbie was irritated that someone had been following him. He could hear it, he could also hear his sister's clumsier steps trying to follow him as well. But his sister's footfalls faded and suddenly that fem..what was her name? Chimera..she was there speaking to him. He paused. He was expecting a reprimand, someone telling him it is all going to be okay but no. She was approaching him and speaking about honing his fighting skills? What was this? And who was her queen? Robbie's eyes caught the look in her own and he felt a tingle shoot down his spine. Eyes flicked down her grayed length quickly before meeting her eyes again. Afterall...he was an adolescent male right? Nearly an adult in his own right. He pursed his lips, he didn't realize how fast his heart was beating. He allowed her to speak keeping his thoughts to himself. When she touched his shoulder a shock ran through him and she had him captured. Without fail he followed her invite running a little to walk by her side. She had called him Rob...no one had ever called him that before. It made him feel...stronger.

Staring straight ahead he peeked at her from the corner of his eye and finally asked. "Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:23 pm

Ali blinked her cerulean pools. Jewel was concerned, but Ali didn't want her to fret over it. "Yes, I'm okay," she replied, dismissing any further thoughts about Silent and Robbie. "Come now. There is not much more we have to cover."

They continued to wander about the meadow, stopping as they had done before. The first flower they came upon was yellow and star-shaped. "This is hypericum perforatum, or St. John's Wort. I don't know who St. John is, so don't ask me," she chuckled, tail wagging. At times like these, she wanted to remain optimistic. Keeping your head held high was something her husband had taught her. "It is an antidepressant. This should only be used if your patient shows little to no signs of recovery, based on their mood. It is also used to treat patients that have recently experienced something traumatic, and need help feeling safe again."

It was then that Ali did not want to stay on the subject of antidepressants very long. If anything, she knew that she was depressed and so was... everyone else. But it was something they would have to overcome one day, and medicine could not cure that. Moving on, they approached a white flower with thin, purple stripes stretching on its petals. "If you find that your patient has difficulty sleeping or getting to sleep, give them passiflora, the passion flower. By doing so, they will be cured of their insomnia. Note, though, that this herb is different from the valerian I pointed out earlier. Remember that valerian is a sedative, and that passion flower is a sleeping aid."

"The last herb I have to talk to you about I don't have an example for," Ali said now that they had scoped the entire garden. "Wolves aren't burned often, but for those that come from the Lone Lands, their paws may be bleeding from the scorching sands. Ironically enough, just along the border of the Lone Lands and in some of the oases out there are aloe plants, which will soothe their burning. Aloe cannot survive in a climate that gets as cold as ours, but if a newcomer has bleeding pads, just usher them to the lake. The water will cleanse and essentially, heal them."

"Other than that, this concludes our lesson on herbs and properly using them," Ali said, turning from the meadow and heading back to the main terrace, beckoning for Jewel to follow. She was starving, and hadn't had a piece of the kill yet. Talking as she walked, she said, "The rest of the healing arts is common knowledge. To make running blood clot, for example, gather spiderwebs. Keep a large fern, or fashion together a bed of some sort, to carry patients that are unconscious, cannot move on their own, or are paralyzed. As I mentioned before, a turtleshell is handy for keeping your ingredients together. You might want to find another turtleshell, however, to transport water back and forth. You would already want your patient near the water, but if it is the middle of the battlefield, you will be some distance away."

Ali stopped, now at the meal site. "Do you have any questions?" she asked, cocking her head in interest. She secretly hoped that Jewel did - she was thrilled with the bonding they were having. Ali had never known her mother or even grandmother, and that could only make their connection feel even more special.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:34 am

Ajax was tired of sitting in the den, specially with Silent's pups who were too sad mommy wasn't there that they sulked in the corner. Haru was doing his dilly dally thing like normal, and like normal, Ajax was annoyed. His mother was sleeping and he smiled taking the oppertunity to leave the den. Against orders and against all anyone ever seemed to say. He was bored. He walked out, stretching, seeing the white snow he had Haru and played in weeks ago melting. More annoyance rushed through him, why couldn't anything stay the same? He growled and stomped off wondering what he could do alone, and so, chance would have it, he saw the first fly of spring, or the first fly ever he had seen and began to chase it...

Ooc:|| Since Shadowed is kinda gone for now, I still wanna play Ajax and keep him going. Growing, blah blah, he's free to be approached, pup or adult I dun care... =)
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Jewel

Jewel would catch her mother's smile as she would sniff the mint and nod. That would be an easy one to remember. It had a very distinct smell. She would follow her mother along to the coneflower, dandilions, catnip, chamomile, feverfew, milk vetch and the rest. She hoped she would remember it all. She even at this young age would relize the value of this information. She would repeat the information over and over in her head as they walked along.

She would look up at her mother as she would pause. "You okay mom?" She would ask and then nip the leaf and taste the bitter milk vetch. She would make a face and nod. Her mother's description was accurate. She would glance at her mother again and then look behind them. She wanted to get back to Robbie but this was important too. She gave a soft sigh and would nudge her mother's shoulder. Even if her parents had been absent in their grief over Koda, Jewel still loved them.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:33 am

Alaina couldn't help but smile. Her daughter was taking very well to all of this, and she had her father's curiosity as she leaned over and sniffed the mint. "Ah, mint," Ali said. "It helps soothe upset stomachs and ward off disease. It's not really found in parts eastward of us, but is plentiful in our region. This plant actually brings us to the second half of healing herbs, which is treating illnesses or internal wounds."

Located right next to the mint was a flower that resembled a black-eyed Susan, but was tinged pink and had an orange bud instead. "Echinacea purpurea, or purple coneflower, as you can tell by its color. It helps reduce the severity and duration associated with the common cold or flu. Give this herb to pups when they are sick, and they will be better in no time. Robbie had a cold once, and he was better within two days versus seven," she said. It was easier to explain something by relating it something that was familiar. As they moved on for the next patch of herbs, Ali pointed the dandelions scattered around the field. "Taraxacum officinale also helps the digestive system. Whether it's an upset stomach or acid reflux, it helps digestion in general. Unfortunately, you need to eat a lot of dandelion for it to actually work, and it tastes like ear wax."

The patch they were standing in now was a mixture of broad-faced green and yellow leaves. "The green plan you see here is nepeta cataria, better known as catnip. It soothes the worst of coughs, and I suggest stocking up on it before the winter or a bad storm hits. Right next to it, you will find uncaria tomentosa, cat's claw. This plant has a dual-usage, so it should be considered carefully before being used. The first use strengthens the immune system and promotes kidney health, and will aid in clearing away bladder or urinal infections. However, it's second use is to prevent and/or abort pregnancy. Cat's claw should not be taken by pups. It could very possible destroy their chances of ever having children."

Next to this patch and back over by the purple coneflower was another daisy-looking plant, but this time, it had white petals and a yellow eye. "Chamomile is easy to spot, and makes an excellent relaxant for unsettled patients. It gets rid of their anxiety and helps them sleep better at night. In addition, it also soothes upset stomachs, gas, and dysentery." Ali moved a bushel of the chamomile over to reveal a much smaller plant, one that held bluish-black berries. "Huckleberry aids in most gastrointestinal problems. You will find many huckleberry bushes over in the lands of The Black Pearl, as it is also used as a vitamin to prevent or reduce the symptoms of scurvy. Scurvy is caught mostly by those near the sea, but there has not been an outbreak of it in years... or at least, not as long as your father and I have been here."

"I have two more herbs concerning illnesses that I would like to show you, and then we will take a break before moving on to the next half of the lesson, yes?" she said, somewhat worn. It had been so long since she had had to teach someone how to heal, and she wondered if Jewel would be able to remember it all. They wandered over to a patch near a small puddle, created by the marshy lands and melting snow. "Tanacetum parthenium, feverfew, does exactly what's it's name says - relieves fevers. It also relieves migraines and lessens the severity of chills."

They moved on to the edge of the meadow again, near some dark-colored bushes and red thorns. Here, it was plain to see that hardier plants grew, and Ali motioned at a rough-looking plant with a green, fuzzy stem and a red wine-colored bud. "Astragalus membranceus, or milk vetch," she said, and snapped the stem with the bud off, placing it on the ground between them. A milky liquid drained from both ends of the snapped stem. "You know it is milk vetch because it not only looks like milk, but tastes like it, too. Go ahead, try it. It's a little more bitter than the litter milk you had, but has the same texture nonetheless." She paused and waited for her daughter to try it, smiling as she did so... Jewel would be surprised that milk vetch was nowhere near as rich as real milk, and extremely bitter. "It helps support the immune system and should be administer to older wolves, who are more prone to cancerous diseases."

She paused again. This brought them to the halfway point of the lesson... A part of her felt guilty, all of a sudden. This plant... could have helped Silent, who was now on her death bed. But she hadn't been here to prevent that... Doctor and Cardinal knew of the healing ways, so she guessed that they would have done as much as they could, but... She could have helped more. Ali sighed, knowing that that was not something she should be concerned about right now. She needed to focus on teaching her daughter, still, and teaching her everything so her son would not suffer.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:55 pm

He turned towards Cardinal. "I'm fine. It's the pack I'm more concerned about at this point. I'm inclined to say we're safe from attack for now, since nothing else has happened, but I wonder what Chimera's intentions are. She never spoke much of her queen... just the offer of training, which is odd for packs that aren't allied and don't seem to have much to gain, unless they want the alliance or something else." Pausing, he said, "It might be good for us to start training the newcomers and Nephritides soon, so they can get used to their ranks, and in Nephritides and Cross' case, to see what they're interested in."

Looking up towards the sky, Doctor confided, "Sometimes I wonder how I find myself in these situations. Some wolves from my old pack wanted me to be the next successor, which I refused. Now I find myself a beta, which is fine, except for the fact Silent and Nuri aren't present for an undetermined length of time. Sure, I can lead a group of two, maybe four, on a mission, but a stationary pack? Not that it's not my style, it's just different from when I'm moving around and having adventures. A bit selfish, but a temporary acting alpha is all I can be in this case." He turned to look at Cardinal, in attention to any business he may have.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:55 am

Jewel would glance behind her slightly as her mother would walk forward happy that Jewel was coming along with her now. She still worried about Robbie and her tail would droop slightly but she would quickly lift it and trot over beside her mother as she began telling her of the various herbs and remedies.

Jewel at first didn't think it would be fun to learn anything of this ilk at all but she was soon facinated with her mother's words. It took her mind off of Robbie for a bit. When her mother would explain an herb she would nod and lean over and take in its scent to memorize it. "No no...you aren't going to fast for me mother." She would sway her tail and smile. "It's very interesting." She said truthfully. "What's this do?" she asked pointing out some wild mint. "It's scent seems to clear my nose." She observed.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:23 am

The granite bruja had finished his meal and continued to watch the others, his eyes vigilant for anything, though all seemed relatively calm for now. Aside from the mass of new comers, nothing was too concerning.Watching everyone from glowing orbs, Cardinal lifted himself once everyone moved off. His gaze lifted over the mainland, before resting on the resting Doctor. Granite frame shifted towards the male, and pillars brought Cardinal closer. Now that he was alone, it seemed like a good time to talk. Cardinal came upon the male, and settled down on his haunches. "How are you doing Doctor?" It seemed like a while since he had used his voice, of which he cleared briefly then glanced back at the male.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 8:15 pm

Ali was inwardly relieved. She had thought that Jewel wouldn't have listened and run off, but was glad to have her by her side. And, they would start now. All very good. "Follow me," she said, curled plume swaying behind her. "Down south here is a meadow I frequent for supplies. I like to sort of maintain it as a garden. I used to carry an empty turtleshell and stock up during the winter months, but my last one broke in a fight with Muerta not long ago."

She faintly remembered the fight, but what it was about, she couldn't recall. Either way, she had been in the middle of healing a young fae when she had been attacked, cracking the turtleshell and scattering its contents. Then Nuri and Robin had jumped in, protecting her as she continued to heal the fae. This had been before Jewel or Robbie or... Koda... had been born... How time did pass...

They came upon the meadow, the snow melting and giving birth to spring. They were lucky that the seasons changed quickly in their region, the grasses returning to their emerald green and the herbs filling the meadow with wonderful, enticing scents.

"There will be various types of wounds and illnesses you will encounter," Ali began, walking into a patch crimson-topped poppy seeds. "I am first going to teach you how to treat physical wounds and injuries. Right now we are standing in a patch of poppicious seediouphylla, or 'poppy seeds'. If someone is hurt, these should be your first plant priority. It is a pain reliever, and the last thing you want is a patient writhing in agony while you are trying to treat them."

It felt so good to share her information with her daughter. She had not had much bonding time with Jewel save the feedings when she was much younger or the fishing trip they had gone on when they were just a couple months old.

They continued on, entering a patch that actually brought on a rather rank, putrid smell. It was so strong, Ali's blue eyes watered and she covered a paw over her nose. "This is allium sativum; garlic. Another very important aid, it stops infection from settling in... It's also the cause of bad breath." She chuckled. They did not remain in this patch for long, wandering over to a patch that was much more pleasant. The flowers here were little purple bells in clusters. "Here we have symphytum officinale, or 'comfrey'. If taken on a regular basis, it eventually helps mend broken bones. If it is applied directly to the wound, the process is sped up, but the quality is lower. Like garlic, it helps stop infection."

And now they moved on to the western edge of the meadow, where the tall grasses grew alongside white, cauliflower-shaped flowers. "Valeriana officinalis... Valerian. It is a sedative, and you want to be cautious of how much you administer. Too little, and it will be ineffective. But too much... and your patient will be nonresponsive and near death"

She paused, catching her breath and looking at Jewel. "Am I going too fast for you?" she asked. Ali had learned most of these things over an extended period of time; two years or so, and through trial and error. She didn't want Jewel to make the same mistakes, and she knew it would be difficult to cram all of this information in. "I can slow down if you like."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Jewel looked at her mother and flicked her ears back slightly at the tone. She was trying to be understanding. That much she could tell of her mother. She gave a sigh and nodded slowly as she licked the tip of her nose and would turn her two toned eyes to her mother's face. "Yes mother." she would say softly and let her mother continue on how she wanted to teach her the healing arts.

Robbie had said they needed to learn how to fight and now her mother wanted her to learn how to heal. She nodded, she understood, but yet she wanted to get back to her brother. But if she left mother and father may come looking for him and Robbie wasn't the same as he used to be since Koda died. He needed time alone. She swallowed and looked at her mother.

"I understand and why don't we start now mother." She said and would let her tail sway and give her mother a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Her daughter's voice was like that of a chiming crystal. Ali couldn't help but smile as Jewel padded forth, her two-toned eyes sparkling. They told of cheerfulness, but putting on a mask was a trait she also seemed to have inherited. Countless times during days of dread, Ali remembered she would plaster on a smile, just so she could tell herself and everyone around her that things were all right, when they truly were not.

"I know you want to follow Robbie right now..." she said slowly, hoping that her tone would signal that she understood the strong feeling of connectedness between them. Jewel was probably just as worried about Robbie as Ali was worried about her husband. "And you want to make sure he's okay... And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm proud of you for being so loyal to him. And if there's one thing I want to teach you, it's how to protect him. By these means, I don't mean with teeth and claws." She paused, hoping her words would sink in. "What I mean is that I want to teach you my healing abilities... We are all mortal, no matter how strong we may think ourselves to be. We can all be wounded. Robbie can be wounded. But, with these skills, you can save him."

Her words were the truth. While she made a decent pupsitter, Ali's real abilities lie in that of healing knowledge. It was in her nature to want to heal and grow and replenish. She had healed many kinds of injuries in the past, and having a healer's knowledge was valuable to any pack. She blinked her blue eyes at her daughter; they now stood about equal height, and thus she felt she should treat her as an equal. "It may take some time, though," she said, hoping that this would not deter her. "Perhaps just a couple of hours today and tomorrow. Or, I can at least teach you the basics."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley   Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtuous hearts; Tirisfal Valley
Page 16 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 33  Next