Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I walk a lonley road....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 6:25 pm

Angie's blonde ruff rose at Raven's words - "He is close...". Orange eyes instantly switched out into the downpour beyond the mouth of the cave, searching for any sign of the tri-colored brute, but all she could see was sleet and green. Chances were, the brute wouldn't be able to find them if he wanted to, their scents being washed away and them hiding in the dark grove. She relaxed, though a warrior's heart still beat in her chest. She looked to Raven, ears pulling back in sympathy. "I am sorry that you have experienced such a thing..." she said softly, and carefully placed the tip of her nose underneath Raven's chin; a comforting gesture. "But you are here now, and you are safe with me. I will ensure that no further harm comes to you. I promise you that this is not a lie."

She did not mention that somewhere out there in the world, was her father with the same name. Her mother had been looking for "the two-faced bastard" since she had been born, and he had fled the pack, but Angie had no clue who he was or what he looked like. Yes, it was possible that this fellow that Raven described was her father (it would explain where her tri-hued coat came from), but she had no idea... And she didn't want to cause a further stir in the poor woman. Instead, she would continue to offer companionship and protection in exchange for friendship.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

Raven would look over at Angie and would flick her ears back. "I was stupid." She would say. Her voice cool and flat. Her blue eyes would soon find the young tri colored fem giving her a comforting gesture and she would blink. She really didn't believe the young fea. Tyrone might hurt her too. "No." she would say. "When he comes again....because he will....I will kill him if he tries to hurt me again...myself."

Her voice was cold and she still felt broken inside. A hollow shell of what she had been.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 5:34 am

Shayde looked at Tyrone and smirked. "you have no idea" she said softly then turned her attention back away only to have him speak and it be drawn back into his
Voice. "I don't see why not. Lead the way" she stood
There waiting, though her mind was fast at work. Who's side did she want to be on here? A female who was raped by this brute or the brute who raped the female. Nome deserved her abilities only herself even if it was selfish. She mentally shrugged and took a step towards him. Females who fall in love were only lead on a destructive road so it was her own damn fault for doing so. You never trust another wolf no matter how good the intentions of their soul maybe. Never trust anyone but yourself. She didn't trust him nor the other female. To emotional and this bru was to much on a happy medium to trust. Black little ears flicked forward, the only show of life that she had at the moment. Poker face was what she was good at and she would play that strong face till she died...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 8:22 pm

The tri-hued brute turned his massive form eastward. On the ground, there was a dark trail of blood from the night before, still smelling metallic and fresh. Darrel. As Shayde flanked to his side, he wondered how he would go about killing Darrel. It would be a merciful thing to just snap his neck while he lay belly-up. Perhaps he could do what Darrel and Lenzelle had planned to do to him - rip him limb from limb. Shayde would probably find that entertaining. They'd both taste blood with that tactic.

The sky opened up and rained on them, but Tyrone remained on course. Soon enough, they reached a grove of oak trees, where Tyrone could see a limping form up ahead. It was none other than Darrel... Pathetic.

A chill rippled across Angie's spine, and settled down at the tip of her tail. She looked at Raven with a sad heart, then, and laid down at her side. "Do you... really think that killing him will fix the pain he's caused you?" she asked carefully. She knew that some brutes needed to be put to justice, but there were times when violence was not the answer. She looked down at her white paws, muddied from the rain. They felt cold compared to the scorching blaze of the desert. "I mean... I'm not saying that you shouldn't kill him. I'm saying that even if you do, nothing is going to be the way it was. And sometimes... well, forgiveness is the hardest thing to do. Maybe there's something wrong with him... Y'know, in the head," she paused, thinking of her home family. They were all kinds of twisted. But... She still had the strength to forgive them, even after all they had done. They had done it to make her stronger. "I know it's not my place to say any of this. At all. But... I just don't want you to do something you might regret."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 am

Raven would look up at Angie as she questioned her. Her blue eyes were full of hurt...and betrayal...her heart shattered, like some broken mirror in a pool of blood. She would take a deep breath and then would look down to the mud and would give a deep sigh. "I thought I knew him.....I thought...he loved me....Angie...." She would look up at her and would take a deep breath. Her body still aching from the rape. "I loved him so much....and...I don't know..he never showed anything wrong mentally with him before...I won't let him do this to me again though....I won't....how could I ever trust him? Besides....I saw the way he was looking at the other fea that was with us.....even if he hadn't raped me....he left with her...I am sure of it." Raven's ears flattened she didn't know which cut her deeper at the moment...the rape or the fact that he didn't really want her.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Angie settled into silence. There seemed to be nothing to persuade Raven of her feelings otherwise or take a different perspective on things. She folded her ears and looked out into the pouring rain. Rain... So much rain... She wondered how long it would last. Out in the desert, it could rain for days on end, and then return to the scorching wasteland everyone commonly knew it was. It was simply lying there, looking out into the rain, did a thought occur to Angie... She turned to the heartbroken wolfess beside her. She didn't know if she would listen, but Angie was always willing to give something a shot.

"Hey, Raven...?" she said, giving her tail a soft wag. "Maybe when you're feeling up for it... We could leave this place. You can forget about the pain, and move on. I'll go with you." She paused, thinking over what she had just said... but considering all that Raven had said so far, it was a meek proposition. Raven probably wouldn't take it. "I mean, I know you don't want to forget everything... Because we have to remember some things in order to stay alive... But if we get out of here, I know a doctor that might be able to heal you. He's not an ordinary healer, if that's what you're thinking... I've seen it myself."

She took a deep breath and looked out into the rain again, golden eyes glazing over. "You see, there was this wolf in our pack, once. His name was Dicobe. He was the runt of the litter, and the Alphas had considered killing him, but they spared him, since it was a scarce hunting season... If you catch my drift. But the pack moved to a better area, where there was plenty of prey, and Dicobe was able to stay alive. The only issue was, though, that he could not be a functional member of the pack because he had a lame back leg. He couldn't do anything, really. The pack moved once again, and Dicobe lagged behind... He was missing for a good week. Most of us thought he was dead. I felt bad, I really did, but I... I didn't control the way the pack worked. Anyways. On the sunrise of the seventh day, Dicobe returned, his lame leg working and him in tip-top condition. When asked what happened, he had said he had met a fantastical doctor on the edge of the desert, near the Red Rock."

She looked back to Raven. "Personally, I don't know what I can do for you... But maybe this doctor does... And, I guess if you say that Tyrone was normal until that other fae or something happened, but he can heal him, too. What do you think?" The young, tri-colored wolf had a gleeful hope in her eyes, one built off of a strong will and an even stronger heart. She had to have inherited it from someone.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:34 am

Raven would hear Angie's voice as she looked out into the rain. A deep breath would issue from her lips and she would look over seeing the younger wolfess' tail give a wag. Her ears cupped forward and she would listen to her speak. Letting her speak....until she was finished. She spoke of traveling together...of seeing this healer....a healer....who could do miraculous things it seemed. She would take a deep breath and would lick her nose. "I think Angie...that is a good idea....leaving here anyway." She would look out into the rain. "I was going to....go...I cannot come back to this place..even if it was a paradise....it's spoiled for me now." Everything up to that moment that Darrel and that bitch came...had been perfect.

She would look over at her and sigh. "Forgive me Angie....the rain beats me down too....befitting of my mood I suppose...." She knew she needed to snap out of it. Adapt or perish...those were the laws of the land. If she sulked here Tyrone would just be able to use her at his leisure.....she was still coming into heat. She hadn't even been barely starting it when he took her. The thought of pups never crossed her mind at the moment.....hopefully it was too early in her cycle....and he didn't tie with her.

"Perhaps we could look for this Dicobe.....if anything to ask what happened to Tyrone...." She hadn't considered he might be ill. "Though he didn't seem sick....just ...different." She would say licking her nose again. She was talking more now...coming out of the shock of it all. Though her heart was still broken....and at this moment she didn't know if she could ever love again.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 1:49 pm

She was glad to see that Raven was willing to adapt to the situation, difficult as it was. When she asked for forgiveness, Angie shook her head. "What you're going through isn't easy... Anyone can see that," she said softly, and stepped cautiously towards Raven to give her a familial nuzzle. "And I hate to rush, but if we leave now, the rain will cover our scent and tracks." The tri-hued female stepped out of the dry den and into the wet, green brush, wagging her tail, yellow eyes burning bright with hope for Raven. Despite her troubles, Angie had faith in the wolfess. Maybe it was just the fact that she was still alive after such hardship, or something else She couldn't quite place her paw on it.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 9:23 am

Raven looked at the she wolf....even as she sat there in her pained state....shattered heart and broken dreams...there was something familiar about her...even as the she wolf nuzzled her. It unconciously brought comfort to her and she would force her battered body to her feet. She licked her lips softly and sighed before following Angie out into the rain. She knew the fem was right. "You are right Angie..." She said looking out into the woods that somehow seemed darker and more sinister than before. The words of that healer came to mind once more.....was Tyrone sick? He had changed on her so suddenly....eyes closed for a moment as she stood in the rain. The cold rain washing into her pelt felt cold.... at least it felt. Her body had slipped into a numbness now...an ebb in her angry flow. Blue eyes sought out Angie. "Lead on." She said, her voice without life in it...her eyes not dancing...but...at least...her paws were moving.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:39 pm

The cold rain pounded through Angie's coat. She wasn't made for the weather of the woods - she shivered, shaking off little droplets, and kept her face hard. She wouldn't let a bit of cold ruin their journey, for it was a long way to go, and they needed distance from the place. She looked over her shoulder every once in a while to make sure that Raven was following. She would stop when she got too far ahead of them, walking in step with her when she could, for Angie knew she needed all the support she could get.

The dark earth suddenly gave way to the stark desert sands, mottled brown with the rain, but still much lighter than the soil of the woods. Angie kept walking without an assertion of direction. It was plain to see that she knew the desert like the back of her paw, but that was only of the places that she had discovered. The desert seemed to be always growing, always changing, and because of that, there was always some part of it that was unexplored. Keeping the story of the lame wolf in mind, Angie knew that there was only one way to find the mysterious doctor of the desert.

They had to get lost. To get truly, completely, utterly lost.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 am

Raven

Raven would force herself to move, through that cold and unforgiving rain that dampened her coat and turned it's dark black color even darker if that was possible. The weather however truly fit her mood as they traveled. A cold rain pounded through the emptiness that was where her heart should be. It made her numb....right now. The anger would come again but for now, the monotonous travel that fell beneath her feet kept her body and mind busy. It felt odd though traveling next to this fem. Her pelt was the same color as Tyrone's and in brief glimpses it was almost like he was traveling with her again. Her mind fought that emotion. It flickered between hate and love ...between fear and anger....and then back to numb once more. The terra turned from leaf litter to sand under her paws. She barely noticed it. Their own passing would go unnoticed as well as they moved into the sands endlessness. The only trail left behind was that seductive scent wafting from Raven and with the rain it was fleeting.

She licked her lips and would glance over at Angie. "Do you really think this doctor can help?" She asked, her voice sounding away from her, like it was someone else speaking and not Raven herself. Her ears flicked forward as she warred within her seeing Angie...and her coat color...and feeling that ache between her thighs that should have been a wonderful and sweet time in her life...but wasn't.
[center]
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:01 am

Angie kept walking, glancing at Raven as she spoke. Her pace slowed, but she did not stop. "I do," she said, sincere in every way. "And, you know... I think that the doctor could help you too." Angie didn't exactly know how the doctor would be able to help, but there was a feeling in her gut that said that there was a future for Raven. There had to be. Even though they were not of the same kin, Angie felt a bond with the fem, though they barely knew each other. And when she looked at her right, Angie thought that Raven could feel this as well.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 11:43 am

Raven looked at the tricolored fem as she answered the question she had asked. Her ears swiveled slightly and she would tilt her head. "I am broken." She said her voice monotone devoid of feelings. "I don't know if any doctor could help me....I don't know what he could do." She said softly. She felt discouraged and betrayed and she cursed herself for she still felt love in her heart for her attacker. Deep down amongst the broken shards that was her heart, amid the crimson that pooled there....twined with the hate she held for him was the love she felt for him before this happened.

A sigh befell her lips and she would glance at Angie. Her blue eyes blinked taking in her form. She felt such a kindness radiating off her and she didn't know why she chose to help her ...most would have walked away. Such a sweet fem...Raven thought...I was once like she. A kindred spirit of sorts. They traveled onward across the sands. Raven fell silent for long moments. Broody. Quiet.

Blue gems would take in glimpses of Angie as they traveled. That tri colored pelt looked so much like Tyrones.....glimpses of it unnerved her and brought her comfort at the same time.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:35 am

It would take time for Raven to heal. Angie knew this well, hearing the fem's broken words, but she knew that only a miracle could put her back together. Instead of focusing on that, Angie focused ahead, her heart trusting that the doctor was somewhere out in the wastes. They traveled through the night, and the rich, rolling sand dunes transformed into that of a scarlet wasteland, the earth hard and dry. When the sun came up, Angie's vision blurred from the heat and exhaustion, but she was a strong wolf and pushed onwards. A large outcrop of rock arose in the distance, and it was here that Angie stopped.

"That's where we're headed, I think," she said, pink tongue lolling out of her mouth. "From what the stories tell me, anyways. Whoever gets lost in the Lone Lands will always find the heart of the desert, a mountain in a flatland. And the wolf that had been healed in our pack said that he had gotten lost, and talked about a mountain with a doctor. So I'm pretty sure that mountain's where he's at... How are you doing?" Angie herself was parched. They hadn't passed an oasis or found prey for miles; she didn't let her inward doubt show, though. She just knew that she had to remain strong for them both.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:09 pm

Raven traveled along at that mile eating gate that she fell so easily into. Natural for any wolf out of it's den. She would feel the sun as it would raise it's head over the dunes. A promise of death for those who didn't know the desert. She would lick her jaws and would glance at Angie and nodded, her blue eyes looking out over the sands to an outcropping of rocks. She would take a deep breath and flicked her ear as if an annoying insect was buzzing about it. "I am doing as well as to be expected." She said. Her voice sounding rather hollow and lost but her eyes were focused on the mountain her her body though battered was holding up well. She was a survivor after all. She would lick her nose lightly. "We need to find water soon...or at least shade." She said her gaze not wavering. "I hope this is the place.." She breathed. The shards of her broken heart hoping that Tyrone's actions weren't him.....not truely....
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Angie nodded, quickening her pace. They had traveled long, hard, and far throughout the day, and now the sun was setting along the horizon. The sands were still hot beneath her feet, and she longed to soak them in a pool of water or dark sand. They came to the front face of the red mountain. Angie craned her neck up at the vertical slope, and then looked left and right, and to their luck, spotted a narrow path winding up the side. "Over here," she said, trotting to it. "It will probably take us all the way up... We could go now, or take a break. How are you feeling?"

Angie's own muscles were sore, but she had never let pain stop her from reaching her goals. She didn't know how determined Raven was, but the fem was looking pretty worn, especially since she was traveling with a broken heart. "I don't want to push you more than you push yourself... I can be pretty dim-witted when it comes to these things," she admitted, thinking of how many times she had wandered somewhere without rest, and caused herself further suffering.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Raven looked over at Angie and followed her gaze to the goat path that wound up the side of the rock. SHe licked her lips and gave a nod. "I think we should go now." She said. Her voice still a bit hollow and her body sore from the travel and heat...but...she was used to travel...looking for Tyrone across the desert for those many months. Her body was hardened....and used to the travel....and her broken heart...ignored the pain. It hurt less than that ache in her chest. "My body isn't suffering from the travel." She added and would take a deep breath and moved to the head of the trail, pausing to let Angie take the lead. She had lead her this far....and her tri colored tail gave something for Raven to follow....something that bade her to follow...for...if she didn't have Angie now....the heat of the desert sand would call her home and she probably would have layed down and let the sun take her.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 12:58 pm

"If you say so," Angie replied, shaking off her own weariness. It was just a little further... They could make it. She knew they could. The slope was narrow and pushed into the vertical face of the mountain; Angie had to look both down at her paws and ahead to keep herself from falling. To fall from such a height, at this point, would be certain death. The air became cooler and soon the path widened, revealing a flat peak with a small den and encampment. Bones, dried herbs, a tortoise shell, and other strange, assorted materials littered about the area; an eccentric arrangement. Firefly stars and rainbow nebulae danced in the dark sky, the hot sun finally setting and giving way to the cool night.

Angie spotted a hole of water. She was tempted to dart to it and start drinking it all down, but had to restrain herself - this was somebody's home, afterall. She took a tentative step towards the den. "Excuse me," she said, voice raspy. "Are you the Doctor of the Desert? If you're in there, at all?" She could only pray that she was right... If it wasn't the doctor, then their adventure would be worthless.

But a small creature emerged from the den. It was a creature with large, bat-like ears and pearly, marble-sized eyes. It was much smaller than either of the two wolves, and only came up to their knees. Angie took a step back and realized that it was not a wolf at all, but a fennec fox, a native resident of the desert. He was an old thing, skinny and blind, his loose, sandy-colored coat hanging off of him in patches. However, despite his age and thinness, he did not carry himself as sickly - in fact, he moved with caution, looking up at the wolves even though he could not see.

"Who beckons Aku-Aku from his den?" he croaked, shaking as he came to a stand. Again, he was old, but neither sickly or in bad health. A large leaf was tucked behind his ear and a twine necklace of sorts with different ornaments on it hung around his neck. A vulture feather was tied into his plume. Angie stuttered and looked at Raven over her shoulder. They were here more for Raven's sake and Tyrone's, and thus it only made sense that she speak first.

Umbulai took Shayde's silence as a yes... She was his follower now, afterall. If she disagreed, she could always step back or speak up. It wasn't like he was holding her hostage. With a deadly smirk he entered the clearing, the setting sun now fading away and being replaced by the moon, silver light spilling over the bleeding Darrel, his injuries deep and gorging. It was obvious he would not make it, but Umbulai had to see this death for himself. "Would you look at this?" Umbulai crowed, standing tall over Darrel's form. "Looks like you made me a killer afterall."

Darrel's yellow eyes cracked open, peering up at the massive brute above him. "Tyrone..." he squeaked. "You don't have to do this... We're brothers... I wanted to help you..."

"And help me you have," he replied. "But it seems that's all you were good for. Thank you. Goodbye." And he stepped on Darrel's throat, crushing it, the wolf's eyes bulging and gasping for breath. His legs kicked, blood gushing from his side, until he went limp and still. The light faded from his eyes. Umbulai looked over his shoulder at Shayde in the shadows. "I know that wasn't the most exciting kill in the world, but it was good enough."

He turned and headed northeast, out of the basin. He stuck his nose to the ground, following the scent of Raven's sex, weakened by the rain. He passed the waterfall and Barbos' corpse, squeezed through the tunnel he had raped her in, navigated through the tall brush to the creek, and then swerved into a dry cave where Raven's scent settled... Along with another's. Umbulai's senses flared at this other scent, something in the back of his mind waving a red flag, but he ignored it. It was probably just Tyrone, trying to get out because he had something to say. Well, that wouldn't be happening any time soon. He paused and observed the tracks, watching how they would get up and lay down, until the circles led him out of the cave again.

"Don't worry, sweet Raven," Umbulai said, sprinting out into the desert. He needed no rest, no feed, no thirst; all he needed was a goal, a drive, to keep him going. "I'm good at hide and seek."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Raven had said so and she would let Angie lead up the goat path. She however wasn't as cautious as Angie on the trail. The drop she would not fear if gravity chose to take her. Gravity spared her as she traveled. Her feet were sure on the narrow slope. She moved up into that cooler air as the sun would settle and the dark cool evening would come. A welcome respite.

The waterhole caught her blue eyes as well but as her thrist cried out her feet held still. She scented the stranger who claimed this as his home. The bones...smelled dry like the desert...the herbs pungent in her nose. Angie called out and Raven's ears twitched at the sound.

She would let her eyes fall upon the doctor. She knew instinctively that it was him. She looked at Angie as she stuttered and looked at her. She took a deep breath and stepped forward. "I do." She said her voice lacking the life it once held, a hollow shell of what it had been. "I come seeking the doctor.... are you the doctor?"

Her last words sounded much like a lost pup. Small and full of worry. Her blue eyes, the light out of them looked dull even as she looked at the small fox. She realized he was blind in that moment and her ears fell. How could one so small and who couldn't see help her....help Tyrone? She was foolish....so foolish.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:09 pm

Aku-Aku's bat-like ears flopped in Raven's direction. "Ah, that I am. Or at least, that's what most around these parts think," he said with a wily smile. He walked over to the tortoiseshell, dumping its contents and picking it up in his mouth. He brought it over to a pile of herbs, strong in scent but dry in texture, picking several up and dropping them into the makeshift bowl. He put his paws into them and began to crush the herbs with his pads and talons. Obviously, he didn't even need sight to know what he was doing. "Help yourselves to the water hole. It may not be much, but it is enough. But drink too much, and your thirst will only grow," he said in a sing-song voice, tail swishing. "And do not be fooled by my size or age, Raven. I am a doctor of many talents, most that which cannot be seen."

Angie turned to Raven, raising a quizzical brow. "Did you say your name at all?" she whispered, wondering how the little fox knew. She knew that he was a witch doctor of sorts... Was he a psychic one as well? But psychics weren't real, everyone knew that... Right? Trying not to think about it too much, she helped herself to the water, quenching her thirst, but keeping in mind not too drink too much...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Raven flicked her ears forward and she nodded as the fox, Aku-Aku, as he called himself would speak. She would watch him, uninterestedly as he dumped the contents of the tortoiseshell and began mixing something with those pungent herbs. She took a deep breath and heard him inviting them to the water. "Thank you." She said not even noticing that he said her name. It rolled off the old foxes tongue like he knew her all of her life.

She turned to move to the water hole and would look over at Angie as she asked if she introduced herself to the old fox. "I don't think I did but I must have. He said my name." she said not getting too worked up over the fact that he knew her without knowing her. It was odd...but...Raven's focus wasn't on the details...nor the doctor at the moment. She thirsted. That was her need at the moment. The need her body required.

She came to the small pool and bent her delicate black muzzle and lapped at the refreshing liquid next to Angie. She drank, quentching her thirst but she heard the foxes warning....cryptic as it was and stopped before she drank too much. She licked her lips and would look over at the fox after glancing at Angie. "I thought he was supposed to be a wolf." She murmured softly.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:54 pm

Angie blinked, lifting her muzzle from the water hole and glancing over at the fox, who was now humming to himself as he crushed up the herbs in the tortoiseshell. "I thought so too," she said in a low tone, hoping he wouldn't hear. "Then again, the wolf that had returned didn't say if it really was a wolf. He just said it was a doctor. I guess me and the rest of the pack assumed it was a wolf, because how many fox doctors do you know?" She looked over again at Aku-Aku. He didn't seem to be paying attention to them at all. He went over to an indent in the ground and dug at it, pulling up dark, wet moss and tossing it into the tortoiseshell. Angie nosed Raven in the shoulder. "I think he's waiting for you. Go on."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Raven let her blue eyes rest on Angie as she spoke. The humming of the fox buzzing in her hears like an insistant mosquito in the background. She flicked her ear and nodded to Angie. "None." She said to her question about how many fox doctors did she know....truth be told she didn't know any. Their pack had a healer...but....nothing of this sort. She fell silent as she internalized some thoughts. Of home....of the brute she had loved there...who chose another....of Tyrone...who raped her after saying he loved her and then left with that fem.

Angie's nose touched her shoulder and she blinked taking a deep breath. She had stopped breathing in her thought. Her ears swiveled catching Angie's words and she nodded. Her tongue ran over her lips to clean the few precious droplets of water that were left clinging to her fur and she would take a deep breath.

Her pillars turned and she walked silent, like a dark shadow, toward the fox who was seemingly absorbed in his task. She sat down a polite distance away and watched him for a few long moments.

"Thank you for letting us drink." She said softly. Dull blue eyes watching him intently at his strange task with the turtleshell.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:59 pm

"And now for a pinch of salt..." Aku-Aku murmured, dilly-dallying back over to his den. He ducked inside and pulled out half a skull filled with salt. He took a tiny bite with his fox-like lips and dropped the crystals into the tortoiseshell filled with muck. He mixed the concoction with his paws once more, now smelling very foul, but paid no mind to it. He picked up the edge of the tortoiseshell and dropped it at Raven's feet. "Ah, here you are. Eat drink... or slurp it, depending on your tastes." He said, plume wagging, as he tended to the mess he had made.

Angie walked back over to Raven and then recoiled at the stench of the concoction. "Fenrir above! What is that?" she spat, covering her nose with her paw. Aku-Aku chuckled. "Not for you, obviously," he whistled. "But I can make you one if you'd like." Angie frowned, ears folded back. "Uhh... No thanks, doc. I'll stick to water."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Raven would tilt her head as Aku-aku mumbled to himself of salt. She blinked those blue eyes and she would wrinkle her nose as she caught wind of the concoction. The fox dropped the shell at her feet and she wold flick her ears back when he bade her to eat...drink...or slurp it. Her ears pinned. "It smells to high heaven....horribly...and you want me to eat that?" She asked leaning to look at the muck and then pulling her nose back quickly at the scent. Raven's stomach churned. "Why...what is it?" She asked curiously and tried to breath through her mouth to keep the smell of the foul mix from her delicate nose. It helped but not by much.

Glancing at Angie she flicked her ear to the side. Was this the doctor for real? And why would anyone eat that muck?

"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Aku-Aku chuckled. "Why, of course I expect you to eat it," he said. "It is for you, that is what it is. I don't really have a name for it yet, because I don't like to name things... Perhaps I will call it Raven's... Oh, now what would you call that? Perhaps a potion? No, no, it doesn't really do any restoring of the sort... Medicine? Nah, that involves a healing of sorts... Food? No, slurp is more like it... Oh, vulture necks..." He turned away and then started making lines in the ground with his tiny paws.

Angie couldn't help but raise a brow, a paw still covering her nose. "I don't think you really have a choice," she whispered above a cough. "And I don't think you'll get a straightforward answer outta this guy... Try it, I guess? It could just smell bad, but taste delicious... Y'know, like elk liver." Angie wagged her tail, hoping that Raven would eat the stuff, even though neither of them knew what it was... But Angie couldn't help but put some amount of faith in the strange little fox. She looked out at the desert, now a dark, cold landscape. Had it only been hours ago that they had traveled through the same place, but with blinding heat? And hopefully, there was nobody on their tails...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Raven heard the fox's chuckle and would blink her blue eyes. He wanted her to eat that? She wrinkled her nose slightly once more and would look over at Angie's whisper. She exhaled slowly and gave a nod. Like elk liver....ugh...she could only hope. The guy didn't even have a name for this stuff.....whatever it was...whatever it was supposed to do? She moved closer to the bowl and gave Angie a look....putting on a brave face she bent her muzzle and began to lap up the...muck? She hoped it tasted a lot better than it smelled. And if it didn't maybe it would do the favor of putting her out of her misery before she could taste it.

She forced herself to eat it. Ear's pinned....just her luck....it would smell and probably taste awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk a lonley road....
Page 10 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next