Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:24 pm

The End of an Eve Greets a New Dawn

He didn't realize the strings of Fate at the time, that lured him towards his actions. Midnight Meadows had its troubles lately with the seemingly quick turn over of alphas, yet there had been stirrings in Tirisfal Valley, according to the alpha he'd met there, Nuri. His visit not in vain, Balthier's return created a stir among his pack, and he saw the Gods smiling on their pack for once. Still, he didn't push his recent post as alpha and allowed time for relation building, rotating his messengers among the longer standing members of his pack, but often inviting himself along with his chosen delegate. It was a gesture of good will to involve most of his pack, so Tirisfal could get a feel of the pack. In turn, his wolves got a sense of who Tirisfal were, as well.
It was starting to come to a clear point, though, that something had to be done soon. Both packs were suffering in some way, and uniting would be of benefit for both. Thus, Balthier did his best to prepare his pack, to prepare the wolves who hadn't traveled to Tirisfal Valley, as well as to answer all the questions his wolves had. His main point was to help them understand if they still had doubts. Some of the wolves may still be unsure about this decision and the changes to come, but at least they all understood the situation and how it came to be.
He summoned his pack, one final pack meeting as Midnight Meadows. Tonight was the eve. The eve that would be the end of one chapter, and the beginning of another. A new, an hopefully brighter, dawn. "I'm not as well versed in our history as those of you who've lived it. We've made alliances, but now, we unite with one of those alliances. You all are aware, just as I am, that some of the final details can only be completed once were are all together. There will be challenges in the beginning, but we will come out, stronger, together, as Tirisfal Meadows."
He lifted his maw in song, a song of strength and energy. Things in general hadn't been looking great, with small victories coming here and there. This would be a big win, and he'd see to it that they entered this new era strong and courageous, enthusiastically greeting their new packmates.

It was time to head out to greet them.

((And that brings this board to a close!))
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:22 pm

OOC: Trying to figure where to bring poor mentally drained Cinder in lol <3
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 2:19 am

He shook his fur, as if it would dissipate all his vibrating energy for the next part of the hunt. Stupid prey and their hearing... Unwilling to try to get a glimpse of the pack while slowly making his way, he focused on finding a spot where he could stay hidden while being as close as he felt safe to be.

Eventually, he noticed a glimpse of brown further up and he paused, making absolutely sure his last few steps were silent. One loud, sudden noise would spook them into running sooner than they were ready for, and Balthier would be really, really mad if he messed up. Pinning his ears back in response to the negative thought, he turned his attention back to the herd. His body was coiled, each muscles longing to just move, but that would ruin the hunt, as he didn't have enough time to pock out a target. He had the sense that Eris was probably around her position, and so took his time picking through the deer, just to ensure she'd be ready. There was one that had a leg that shook ever so slightly when it moved around. Not so young or old that it were mostly bone than meat, and only one leg looked unstable, so it probably wasn't sickness. This looked like their lucky day.

He wondered if hunting with  stranger would be that much different from hunting with his brother. The older wolf seemed to known when Vaarak was going to move. Was it a brother thing, or a wolf thing? It was difficult to try to look to see if he could get an idea of where she was since he'd risk exposing his presence too early, though by now she must have had time to scan the herd, since the lookout had turned away numerous times in his own direction. The herd was still at ease, though, so he was doing something right.

Eris had to be ready by now. The crippled looking deer was nearly in the dead center of the herd. He glanced to his sides, although it was too risky to move anymore by stealth. Vaarak lunged forward silently when the lookout wasn't facing him, earning Eris a second to process the start of the actual take-down of the hunt as the deer started to bolt away from him. He kept his eye on the one that looked mildly crippled, making sure it didn't veer too far from where he guessed Eris would be.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Eris saw a brief flash of dismay cross Varaak's face and couldn't help the wry smile that attended her mug. She knew the anxiety of a long hunt well but had mastered it long ago. To be a good hunter patience was needed, patience was rewarded. She saw him wrestle to the same conclusion and she merely nodded to him when he indicated that he would fall in with the plan. She gave a small barely audible woof, and turned tail to skirt the bushes. They would have the grass for their protection so she was fairly certain of a kill, while her coat was a dark gray it still helped her blend in with shadows, not as bad a disadvantage as it would seem in the daylight. Approaching close to her side she slowed her pace and duck low earlier than necessary. Not quite crawling yet but it always paid to be cautious, She couldn't wait to make a kill and vowed to herself that she was eating the liver, her lands or no. 

Finally reaching the grass she slunk low, her belly brushing the dirt, the grass tickled her face. For this part was the tricky one, this part required a good deal of blind maneuvering. Even so like any other wolf she was born to do this and had fixed a fair mental position of the herd in her mind before she had entered. The only real concern was the bull that was keeping watch but as she observed earlier they had not seemed to be on high alert. 

Skulking through the grass she also kept a sharp ear out for any noise that Varaak would make. She did not think that he was so young that he would give away their positions out of impatience. Plus if it was her she would not want to embarrass herself in front of a foreigner. 

~~~~~~~~~

A good span of time later Eris had covered much ground and had only one heart stopping moment when she scared a hare from its den. Laying as still as she could she herd no change and proceeded. She knew that she was not far now, and at this point if Varaak had no spooked them then they stood a decent chance, though with only the two of them they would have to be wise in their pick. She could tell that Varaak was perhaps not as experienced as she and she did not want to slip and make a deadly mistake...So she crept and she listened, daring the moment to come where she could peak and catch a glimpse of their prey...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 pm

((Let me know if you're still around, Suna!))

Balthier sighed as he aimless walked around, clearing his head. He wasn't lead healer anymore, and yet Fran wasn't yet experienced enough. While he'd try to train her, it's probably be better for her to remain as a mere healer of the pack and let her do what she wants at her pace. She's more than capable of learning, but she seemed to be in no rush to climb the ranks.

He slowed to a short halt. Something felt off, but nothing screamed immediate danger, although more like foreboding. The borders were secure for now, he knew. Still, he'd stay wary. Link and Zelda weren't the only wolves with enemies. His path resumed, now walking towards his den, to either greet anyone new, or to relax for a few moments. He needed to think about if any ranks would have to shift around. Vaarak would need to be placed somewhere. Being well-rounded was good, but it was best to also have a primary focus.

His mind wandered to Zelda, and he spared a thought to hope that she was able to get some rest. It was already nerve-wracking to protect one person while being targeted, but a whole pack was that much more stressful, even if things ended up alright in the end.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2014 6:13 pm

She was slightly taken aback by this wolf's response, but her eyes and stance never betrayed her thoughts. Then again, she guessed Suna was still young at heart... and mind. Perhaps a bit like Vaarak, but somehow a bit more mature. No wolf who truly saw the world for what it was would have admitted or probably even decided to follow an unconscious feeling to just trust a stranger... and wording the statement as looking like he was trying to charm her a little. It might have worked a little if she'd never have met Balthier. Luckily he'd toned himself down since being serious about settling himself and his brother in a pack, so he'd never had been a menace in that way, but she knew that wolf still knew how to turn up the charm. Roguish charm, but charm all the same. Either that, or Balthier had a better understanding of how wolves thought than she'd realized. If that was the case, though, she amusingly thought that he wouldn't need anyone to mother him. The alpha had big responsibilities to fill, having only had to take care of his brother, then increasing to tending to patients, and now the whole pack. But Zelda and Link were still around to advise him if he got too out of line. She smirked at the thought.

"I expect even Balthier couldn't get distracted that long, so I wouldn't worry about it being days. He'll probably be here as soon as he's able. He quite dislikes not knowing everything that's going on." Then she took thought into his next words, settling for agreement, "'Tis beautiful, but naught often compares to one's birthland... once one starts to actually think back and get past the reasons they left. The wood I hail from had tall trees. Very tall, such that our clan had to learn to climb them for certain hunting expeditions. Our food source was quite... variable there. There is variety here, but not as vast. It was also a reason why the clan had its lands so closed to strangers, never simply allowing one to venture into the lands. The formation of the land actually didn't allow anyone to just walk into them. I had wondered the value of isolation over more diversity, but soon understood after leaving the shelter of the wood. I find myself still agreeing with my birth pack's way... to an extent."
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

Number of posts : 8
Pawprints : 18
Registration date : 2014-08-13

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Suna tilted his head and nodded slowly. "My excuses are wrong... even when lost in thought I did realize where I was. However... I really don't know why I didn't stop. As for the sleeping..." He shifted and sat down before the she-wolf. "I usually awake before one speaks however... I felt in the back of my mind I could trust you." He shrugged slightly and smiled his charming smile. His blue-grey eyes looked around with excitement. He was so happy to be with another wolf, and one who might help him get accepted! His tail wrapped around his body and he lowered his head in respect to the she-wolf. "I owe you many thanks... I will wait until the alpha or someone else can accept me... even if it takes days." A look of determination crossed his face and it was obvious he was not going to move unless attacked. He wanted so bad a place to call home and be able to rest safely and protect them with his life. If only... If only they knew that was all he wanted. He shifted slightly and kept his eyes and mind open. He was wide awake from the refreshing walk to where they were now. He glanced up at the stars, it would be dawn within hours and he was planning on staying awake until the next night. He thought about what she had said about monsters had she heard his whisper?  No... but she was right and he disliked discouraging others. It wasn't in him, though he also disliked having she-wolfs falling in love with him. Just once he would like it to be him falling in love and earning her trust. He shook his head and chuckled, like that would ever happen. Or... Maybe it would. He smiled to himself and then looked back unto the stars. It was beautiful and almost as if the stars were singing their wonders to him. He looked back to the she-wolf and nodded. "Doesn't it feel like you live under a beautiful kingdom... Out here at night, It's so lovely. Makes me wish I could stay here and watch the sky as long as I can." He grinned and then tilted his head back to look at the sky. The stars danced and sparkled with the black and their were some brighter, some dimmer. 
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Fran pondered over Suna's words, almost missing what he said next. What should she tell him? What her old pack believed, or what she discovered by herself? She slowly opened her maw, as if still thinking upon her answer, and responded, "Those in my native homeland would say that one who simply doesn't behave like the rest could be considered a monster to that community. My own experiences have me adding this- So what if you're a monster? What kind are you? One who builds others up, or tears them down?"
She slowed down to a stop and looked around. Balthier hadn't yet come back. Perhaps it'd be best to wait or him to return on his own. "As for your explanation, my former pack would have called that an excuse that poisons the mind, giving an excuse for laziness in other disciplines. There are some things in life where it's unacceptable to not notice them, some things your body or mind should realize despite its state. Even after realizing where you were, you fell asleep before a wolf came by, and normally wolves respond swiftly unless there is a situation. You didn't stir at my approach until I spoke. Dangerous for any loner, in or outside pack territory." She hesitated, but not out of guilt, but rather of consideration, before adding, "My intent is not to lay blame nor make you feel bad. Merely making observation and mentioning where you need to improve. Others speaking out is a better motivator than mentally recognizing it, but end up not doing anything."
She sat down and said, "We wait here... unless you thirst? Balthier is not yet back, and he'll find us if he comes back and finds us not."
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:30 am

Suna nodded as she told him to just be himself, it was the best answer any could give to him. "What if... Not even I know I really am? What if... I'm a monster?" His voice was low and he whispered the last part to himself. He didn't know what was considered a monster but he knew that some might consider him to be one. But that was only because of the scars that were across his body. The one's from the fire and others from fights. His blue eye's scanned the area and then he looked back towards the she-wolf who was leading him. "Well I am glad to have come across your pack then... but... It's not that I didn't sense your pack was here... I was just extremely tired and lost in thought..." He was thinking about where he had felt the border, it was true, he had been lost in thought. He continued walking but was listening to every sound all around them. He was alert even though he was extremely tired. He was really just too tired to lie or anything stupid like that. He preferred being honest, it was better then lying. Even if the truth felt like it would hurt less then a few lies. His heart pounded as he watched the she-wolf who was leading him to he knew not where. She was a beauty and seemed really smart, he was glad to have met her and not someone else.  He shook his head slightly and then kept his full attention on making sure there was no dangers in the area.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:38 pm

She gave what could have been interpreted as a shrug in mid-stride, "Merely to be until a more qualified healer comes along. And if you've been a wanderer this whole time, we need to get you to the point where you know you're even approaching another pack's lands. It's fine to not leave you pack's land, but nature, nor other wolves are always predictable. There may come a time where one needs to leave their lands, if only temporary."
She gestured towards the ominous northeast. "Look at the mountains far off in the distance. You never want to get close if you're not ready to run or fight for your life. The most chaotic of dark wolves dwell there. If you'd entered their pack lands instead of ours, let's say you might not have even have had a chance to go fall asleep before they pounce."
Glancing back to regard Suna, Fran answered his question, "Did I not say this is a pure pack? We'd not allow a wolf who was cruel for the sake of it to lead. I've known of Balthier before either of us have came into the lands." Before he might have came to conclusions, she added, "We're nothing more than friends. Anyways, just be yourself. He knows deception better than the average wolf, pure wolf, anyways, and won't hesitate to protect the pack if be believed the deception to be a result of ill intent." She noted that a tour of the lands would probably be arranged, as well. The wolf was a curious one.
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 9:02 pm

Suna stood and stayed somewhat behind the she-wolf as she walked. "Fran... your a lead healer? Wow! It must be so amazing to work with herbs and help young healers who are just learning." His eye's sparked with a fire when he heard that she was a healer. It was...impressive. "As for tracking... It is not one of my best skills... but I am always looking for ways to improve myself for the better." His long legs stayed in pace with the she-wolf who was leading him to his future. His tail swayed slightly back and forth with excitement. He glanced down at the she-wolf before speaking again. "Any tips for when I speak to the alpha? I mean well... like should I fear him? Is he bad or good? What if I say the wrong thing?" He suddenly felt nervous and dropped his head slightly. What if... the alpha tried to kill him? What then? Would he fight back like instincts or would he turn and run in order to escape the fate of dying? he shrugged slightly and smiled at the she-wolf. He wasn't scared of anything really, but he didn't want to tell that to her. He just hoped maybe... just maybe the pack would accept him for him. He shifted slightly so he could see everything as they went, he wanted to make sure he was paying attention in case something attacked them. His ears twitched as he heard the cracking of a twig. He glanced at the she-wolf, usually he would try to figure out what had made the sound but today he was staying fairly close to the one who was going to help him be apart of a pack again.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 8:07 pm

She nodded, visibly relaxing, although... "Stand, please, Suna. You've got some time before you can sleep. Your eyes reflect your weariness. I'm a mere healer. Lead healer, but nevertheless, still a healer. And you seem in shape to speak in some length to our alpha and meet some of the guardians before getting a drink. Until then, it's not wise to leave my side... and should Balthier allow you to stay, I'll personally see to it that your observation and tracking skills are up to par. Pure we may be, but Balthier's the type to be prepared. He's told me 'a wolf may not believe a two-legger capable of killing him from a distance with a gleaming stick, but a fool would continue to rush him as it confidently turns that stick that had just killed a deer to aim at him.' Basically, a wolf that wishes or believes something to be doesn't necessarily fall with reality, or in short, reality prevails over ideals.
"Come, we can talk more as we walk," she stated as she turned to walk back towards where she assumed Balthier would head. If he wasn't there, she could track his scent from there. "Until you are officially accepted into the pack, I will answer any questions I am allowed to presently answer."
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:06 pm

Suna cocked his head slightly and chuckled. "Pardon me but I could never kill without a reason... I have just wandered into these lands from... the north?" He tilted his head over his shoulder to point which direction he had come from. He shook his head as he realized he didn't know the directions. "I really mean no harm unto the pack... In fact I've never heard of any packs here. Until I crossed upon your lands... which is my fault entirely. I should of payed more attention!" He looked back towards the she-wolf and smiled charmingly. "I have been a loner for quite some time. Having a family would be nice again. Others I could look up to." His blue eyes shifted to the stars above and a smile crossed his maw. "However... accepted or not I must say this place has such beauty like I've never seen." He blinked gently and then lay down in order to show he meant no harm. He was curious as to why she acted such a way towards him. He shrugged it off, knowing it wasn't his business to push matters.  He could feel the cool ground beneath him and truly he felt like going back to sleep. He kept his head touching the ground, showing his submission to the female which he knew not. He wanted a home and family, one that he could proudly protect and love. He wasn't there for a fight and if he was turned away then he would probably stubble across another pack. From what he understood from the she-wolf, there must be a few packs within the area.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 pm

The wolf introduced himself, and she replied, "And I, Fran. An accident, then? It's a good thing you stumbled upon Midnight Meadows, a pure pack. Knowing this, do you still wish to dwell among our ranks? And why should I allow you safe passage to our alpha? For all I know, this could be a trick to lower my guard for a clean kill." A test for this wolf. What would his response be? If Suna knew what had occurred here, he might have understood her caution. 
Fran sized the wolf up again. She didn't know all the signs to look for, but she could store information to pass onto Balthier, depending how this encounter turned out. She wouldn't reveal anymore information about herself or the pack until he responded. Oh, there were words of intimidation to say if he knew her rank and thought she'd be a push over, but it was best to remain silent until he was shown to be not a threat. She remained where she originally stopped, firm in stance, but not to be intimidating. While Balthier might be confident enough to not care if strangers knew about his healer status, she had always been more cautious. Her upbringing was nothing but cautious against the outside world. Yet here she was, away from the lush woods and in the outside world.
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Suna opened his eyes and leaped away from the figure in front of him. "I'm sorry... I was tired from my travels... I got lost and hadn't realized I crossed the borders until I made it here... I howled to let you all know I was here... bu then I fell asleep." He shifted once more and sat down fully. His ears went back- relaxed against his head and his tail curled around his body. He looked at the wolf very carefully. He assumed the one speaking to him was a female. "I'm...Suna..I would like to join your pack... Please forgive me for trespassing..." He looked at the ground quietly, ashamed that he had fallen asleep. He didn't know what rank they held or who they were but he spoke truthfully. He went into submission because they could of killed him but didn't. He respected them and hoped they could forgive him for missing the border somehow. His blue-grey eye's sparkled in the star-light as he sat there. He was listening and be ever so cautious. His white head tilted slightly, his eyes stayed on the wolf before him. He licked his maw slightly, he was dehydrated a bit but not enough to do any damage. He shifted slightly and watched the wold with curious eyes. He didn't know what to expect from her. He could be attacked and killed for trespassing, even if it was by accident.  His heart raced and he shut his eyes and just breathed while he listened to everything.

(OOC: Testing out colors for Suna XD Bare with me ;_; )
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 2:28 pm

Balthier heard Link before feeling his greeting touch. Still cautious of the stranger, he didn't respond, but did relax slightly and slightly dipped his head. Despite Link being the one who, for all intents and purposes, was mute, he still would have a good sense for others' body language. It wasn't clear if Hathor was going to follow, so he said to her, "Decide whether or not you'll stay soon." If she stayed, he'd follow him. If she were to leave the lands... it'd better happen soon. He was still on edge and would be for some time.

Now directly addressing Link, he said, "I do hope it's ok to hand Valkien to you. He should be determined enough to get through any communication difficulties. If anything, he'll respect you all the more for being our silent guardian. He reminds me of a younger me, albeit with better morals. Maybe it'll give Cinder and yourself a focus rather than mere border checks. If it behooves you, I can send Vaarak to you as Valkien's sparring partner, as I'll be helping Fran take on the rest of her new healer duties. I'll assist with healing every so often as necessary, as there are some techniques she isn't yet aware of."

Ash gray eyes unconsciously sweeped the area when he heard a howl from the distance and he commented, "Another one... I'm sure one of the others are closer right now. You're free to do what you will. Relax with Cinder, get to know Valkien... You'll be busy in the near future once he's up to strenuous work. As for now, I'll be the busier one."

Vaarak watched Eris analyze the situation, trying to take note of what she was observing and was somewhat dismayed when she mentioned their tactic. It wasn't easy for him to be patient, and his brother had done his best to drill some into him during emergencies where it was life or death or him to be still for a long time while their aggressors had been chasing Balthier to Vaarak's hiding spot... which had happened quite often, now that he thought about it.

He nodded and said, "I'll come in from that way," and pointed his head to their left. It was a spot where he should be able to get into a close enough position around the same time Eris would be ready if she were to approach to a position the other side on their right. He wasn't the fastest yet at crawling and stalking in his fear of messing up. He was anxious to get started so the 'boring' part could get done sooner, but hesitated long enough to see if Eris had anything else to say before they started.

Fran nodded and told Valkien, "Very well. Don't hesitate to call for me," and turned to head away, left over herbs in tow. It wasn't much left over, but there was no use in wasting. As she was stashing the few remaining leaves, she heard a howl. She currently didn't have patients to attend to at the moment, so she left her den and wandered towards the howl, minutes later coming to a stop before a wolf, already quite deep into their territory.

"What brings you so far into our home, stranger?" the Ethiopian wolf slowly, but with a loud volume, questioned the wolf, seemingly asleep on the dirt. Not a smart thing to do in just any territory. He's lucky. Balthier himself might have nipped the bru on the tail to teach him a thing or two about being so brazen. His type were strict about their odd version of hierarchy. It was clear the recently made alpha was going to keep the traditional pack hierarchy, but old habits were bound to surface once in a while.

She looked him over, double checking his breathing rate, visible when he inhaled, as well as signs of blood. There didn't appear to be wounds. She checked his paws for signs of severe dehydration, too, while observing his reaction to her approach.
Back to top Go down
Suna

Suna

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:43 pm

Suna walked silently through the area. He was searching for a home and he so badly wished to find one. His blue-grey eyes searched the area for any signs of other wolves. He looked forward and then pressed his nose against the ground. He didn't realize he was already on a pack's territory. He shifted and looked up at the stars for guidance. "Will I ever find my home? A place that others can accept me?"  His eyes shifted from the stars above to the ground below his paws. He was born for a purpose, but he didn't know the reason as to why he was still living to this day. He wanted to find a reason to keep living and keep protecting. It was all he could wish for when he had nothing but his lonely self. He took a few more steps forward when he realized he smelled the scent of many wolves. In his mind he knew he was trespassing. But in his heart he felt the urge to continue on and find the alpha who would accept him into the pack. He sat down very slowly, curling his long tail around his scarred body. he shifted carefully and rolled his head back. He howled his strongest howl, one that showed his strength and readiness for a family. His eyes shifted to the stars and then he realized once more that he was on the packs territory. He lay down slowly and breathed, he hoped they would understand he hadn't meant to trespass. 

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. 

His eyes looked up at the stars once more. 'The stars above glisten like never before. It must mean something wonderful will happen tonight.' He closed his eyes and breathed gently. Within seconds he was sound asleep with the sounds of earth and nature all around him. 
'Run Suna... never look back. You can escape the world and be free of the curse that reigns over you.' 'No... I can't run...Not anymore! I have a home now!' He shifted towards the voice that spoke to him, but all he saw was darkness. It was as if the world was consumed by shadows and all light was taken from the beauty the world held once. 'Suna... The pack hasn't accepted you...' He growled into the darkness and shook his head. 'They will! I'm loyal and will protect them with my life! They have to accept me!' He snapped his jaws and growled once more. He poured his words out with such love and loyalty that his light from within shined and destroyed the shadows all around him. He could see the figure who told him off, who told him he would never be. 'They will accept me and I will protect them with my life. I know it deep within.' 'Sure Suna... Angel of Light... believe what you wish but soon you will be an angel of 'Darkness' Then we shall see what you do.' The voice and figure disappeared slowly. Suna growled and looked down at the ground. He would never be an angel of darkness... never.

But I can't accept not trying.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm

"Yes, I think I can smell the water from here," Valkien replied, voice raspy with dehydration. He clenched his paws, soothed by the salve, and looked over his shoulder at the direction of the pack. "I'll be able to find it, if it's not too far. You can head back to the others if you need to." He was grateful for her help, and he didn't want to take up all her time. He had seen and smelled the blood on his way into the lands, and he didn't doubt that there was someone out there that needed her skills more than he. He knew that rest and recovery would be his best option. That, and with all that this pack was willing to forgive and offer... He needed a moment alone. To clear his head. Things were so similar to his old pack, it was like he was walking amongst ghosts.

He turned for a gently sloping creek bed, one that bubbled happily with fresh mountain water despite the wretched heat of the summer. He dipped his muzzle in and gulped as much down as he could, until his belly was full and sloshing, his thirst more than sated. He wanted to jump into the stream and have the coldness numb him, but he knew that it would wash away the salve that Fran had prepared. It would be rude to do so. Instead, he chose to lie down next to the stream, dark fur pressing into the cool, wet sand. How wonderful it felt to be... here. A single sapling flushed over him with bright green leaves for shade, and dangling some sort of sweet, nutty smell, almost like sunflowers. Yes, here, he could rest and recover. And once he had done just that, he would get to work with Link on becoming the man he knew he was born to be.

But for now, he would sleep.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:26 pm

Having trailed Evon to the edge of the terra Link lingered at the border and traversed the edge doubling back just to be sure. When he had waited long enough and was satisfied that they were well and truly gone he turned tail to head back home. It was not long before he the familiar voice of his friend speaking to another and he stopped and took a deep sniff. Nothing his nose could tell him, he was too far. Deftly making his way down and around a set of moss slicked rocked he trotted into the scene and saw Balthier addressing a foreign wolf. It had the tell tale signs of one trying to join though Link was feeling wary with Evon's recent intrusion into their lives. 

He made a whine to alert them of his presence before moving alongside Balthier and touching him on the shoulder in greeting. He cast an eye of the stranger but made no move to communicate not that he could in any easy mode. Now that he was thinking of his promise to train the boy his mind was turning excited with the idea of teaching another. Though the boy would need to become adept at understanding him, it would take some time and effort and frustration of both their parts. Link was confident though and perhaps Cinder would be nearby to help. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 2:07 pm

(BAH CRIMITY IT ATE MY POST)

Eris followed by Varaak's flank as he led the way towards their intended hunt. Her ears cupped forward with considerable interest when he mentioned that it would be deer they were hunting. The younger wolf seemed to have some idea of what he was doing or he was just very familiar with the game trail because in no time they had arrived in a clearing, of which seemed to be many, in the eastern edge of the terra. In the distance she spotted the deer he had spoken of and she felt her stomach clench with the idea of fresh meat. It had been some time since she last had a hearty meal, living on mostly field mice and voles. 

She noted the way he wound his path around to avoid detection by sent though it might have been a tad overly cautious for the wind was relatively still today. Still she fell in appropriately and skirted around the way he led. Green eyes scanned the hunting ground and she noted that they would have some difficulty getting in close with just the two of them. The grass was a fairly tall and at least chest height in most places if not taller. She huffed a sigh. "Looks like this be a long one with lots of belly crawling. I suggest we split apart and get in as close as possible, they're resting now and don't expect much trouble. I expect they think they're safe in this place but that will change soon." She was fairly certain of her own abilities to be patient and crawl close for the long haul but if Varaak slipped too early and alerted them then the game would up. 

She glanced at him to assess his thoughts, she hadn't really meant to try and lead the hunt this was his lands afterall. 
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 pm

((I kept thinking I responded for some reason. Sorry!))

He faintly nodded his head as she spoke. Balthier mentally disregarded her last statement. Hearsay was something he was all too familiar with, whether true or not. Most of such sayings he'd heard were meant to charm in some way to infiltrate or a reason to convince another to spare their life. He knew it wasn't in this case, but experience outweighed knowledge here, so it was best for everyone for him to not dwell on it.

"We have another recent arrival as well, recovering from his experience in the lone lands. Since Fran is tending to him, I'll ask her to take a look at you for the quick remedies of such encounters. I shall take a look at your leg later and see how that particular deformity is affecting the rest of you and we'll prolong the time it take for any serious problems to develop. It's not uncommon for wolves to not know how their current actions and habits will affect their body later. I've known many a wolf who dies young or had to lose their leg for similar reasons."

Breaking away from the increasingly depressing dialogue, he stated, "Come on, then. I'll introduce you to whoever is around at the moment and see if Fran has any herbs to spare from the last wolf. The sand gave him quite a case of dehydration. Quite awful for paws that touch sand all day- they have a way of pulling moisture with prolonged exposure and little water." He turned and set a steady, but casual pace back the way he came.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsrain09

Pawprints : 14
Registration date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 7:19 pm

White-rimmed ears perked up as the male let out a snort. Her silver eyes widened as he began to advise her on her posture, and how to fix it so that her posture wouldn't affect her in the future. After a moment, she decided to follow it, and straightened, rolling her shoulders back so as to let them relax, and allowing her head to rest more naturally. After a moment, she spoke a quiet “thank you,” to the male. She had noticed over time that she had felt more pain in her good legs, but hadn't known how to fix it, because the way she had to walk over the sand didn't allow her to properly fix her posture.

Twitching an ear at the sound of her name, she gave a nod when he gave her his name, and had to resist a sarcastic remark when he told her that she was in Midnight Meadows. She gave a small nod when he asked her why she had chosen Midnight Meadows, trying to think of how to word her reply.

“I chose Midnight Meadows because it is a Pure Pack, and I have never given a thought towards a Dark Pack. I wanted to join a pack because surviving in the Lone Lands is hard enough for a well built, healthy wolf, and nigh impossible for one deformed such as me. Midnight Meadows is known for how well it keeps itself together no matter what, and to do that, they have to be closely knit and help each other, and that's the kind of pack I want to join- one I can help, and one I can help. While there are other Pure Packs, none of them are as highly spoken of as this pack.” hoping that her personal reasons were enough, she stopped, watching the male.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:15 am

A critical eye took note of her posture as the wolf stood, taking what he could in and making decisions. He took a second longer to respond than he normally would have, as he had to remind himself where he was. Balthier figured this wouldn't be the first time he'd have to hold himself in check until a new habit replaced the old.

He snorted as he said, "Straighten up and relax. Your body may be accustomed to having more pressure on your good legs, but a head further stretched from the body demands its weight to be countered, thus applying even more pressure. Not harmful now, but will in the future." His tone was merely informative, not betraying any thoughts, just fact. Her leg didn't seem to be causing severe  discomfort at the moment, so for now, he'd let it be until proper introduction were made.

"Hathor," he tested the name she provided, "I am Balthier and you are in Midnight Meadows. I'm sure those wolves say many things. Perhaps what they say is true. So tell me, why here?" He had a suspicion, but waited to hear for himself. Was she born with a bad leg, or an accident? There were many possibilities, and he was sure either way, it probably wasn't treatable. Stopping discomfort and providing as much range of motion, yes, but not a full recovery.

Fran was surprised at Valkien's reaction to... something, but didn't push for an answer. Each wolf had their own demons and pasts. She nodded her head in recognition of his gratitude, now busy applying the salve. It'd take a short time, but the cracks would fade with continued application and also water consumption. "They'll cure up quickly. What say we get you hydrated again? Then you can mingle with the others once the hunting party returns. We were quite surprised to see Balthier come back with you in tow." Perhaps her suggestion was more of a strong recommendation, as she straightened up to go. The only thing that kept her from already starting to walk was because, in the end, it still was up to him.
Back to top Go down
Wolfsrain09

Pawprints : 14
Registration date : 2013-09-24

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Having relayed her message, the she-wolf let out a sigh and laid her head on her paws, doing her best to stay awake. However, it was a failing thought, for her ears drooped to the sides as her silver eyes hazed before closing most of the way. While she didn't fall completely asleep, she did doze, though she was awake enough to pay attention to her surroundings. While she really did want to sleep, habits were hard to break, and she was in a strange territory, one she had never been to before, only heard about.

She frowned as she was woken by a sound, and looked around, wrinkling her nose and blinking furiously in an attempt to clear her senses from sand. 'UGH! I hate sand!' she bristled her fur before shaking it, clearing it from the sand clinging to it, although some granules still remained. She looked around and, realizing that it was nothing, sat back down, but was unable to get back to her doze, and instead thought while she waited.

'What is this pack like?I know its pure, but what are the members like?' she began to wonder, thinking over the types of wolves she had met so far, and being unable to picture them as pure. 'Will they accept me? Will they want me with my deformity? Even if they do, what can I do for them? I can fight, but will they let me?'

She was broken from her thoughts by a male's voice, and looked up to see a Mackenzie Valley Wolf with sandy fur. “Who is it that wants to find a home here in Midnight Meadows?"

She stood so that she wasn't in a position of weakness, but kept her head low as well as her ail, in a position of submission, not wanting him to take her as a threat, barely putting any weight on her bad leg. Sizing him up warily in case a fight ensued, she opened her maw to speak, “I am Hathor, from the deserts of the Lone Lands.” she spoke quietly. “I have heard of your pack from many wolves, and hope to find a safe home here.”
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:06 pm

He padded over to the healer, the scent of lavender drawing him in. He closed his eyes, inhaling the heavenly scent, his mind drifting to meadows of the stuff... Fields upon fields of lavender, as if graced by Fenrir's purple tongue, and gifted to those he thought would put it to its best purpose. Valkien allowed the nostalgia to fill his chest, but there came a point where tears brimmed the corner of his eyes... Those fields, as he saw them in his mind's eye, were to never be as they were ever again. They had been taken, stolen, and ruined with the blood of his family. Instead of hanging his head as he once would have, he tightened his jaw and lifted his sights to the clear blue skies above. This simple act of using lavender as a salve was clue enough that somewhere out there, his mother and father were still watching out for him.

Valkien took another step towards her. "Thank you," he said, softly but with nobility, briefly bowing his head. "Your abilities... and your medicine already means more to me than you know. I am grateful." As he said this, he was beginning to wonder how in the world he could give thanks to these wolves... Balthier, for finding him. Link, for teaching him the ways of the warrior. And now Fran, for her warm welcome that reminded him of his family. He knew the answer without having to ask it... He would serve them. Act as their paladin, their knight, their protector. It was the reason his mother had wanted him to go when he could, and why his father had instilled so much honor and valor into him. They were raising him to be what he needed to be.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 1 of 35Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next