Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:31 am

She smiled as Damean dunked his whole head underwater, the fish swimming around his skull. She giggled and was half-tempted to join him, maybe even go for a swim. He came over and shook off his pelt, water droplets flying. "She's right there! In the white!" she said, turning back to the pool. The surface was rippled from Damean's play, and the reflection was gone. In addition, Damean saw nothing. Echo's ears fell and she sighed. "Oh. Maybe I was just seeing things," she said, and began to wonder if she had been hearing things as well... It wasn't something a normal wolf did. She knew this by now, and yet, it still partially unnerved her. When the water settled, she looked into the water again.

Another, more sinister, wolf stared back.

She couldn't tell if the reflection was male or female, just that the wolf was undoubtedly evil. Wicked, smoky black fur stuck out at strange angles from a bony form, crimson eyes swimming like pools of blood, absent of pupils. Pink and white scars ran down the wolf's shoulders like it had ran through thorn bushes, and a crooked jaw hanging slightly agape was enough to make Echo's smile fade. She took a step back and had an overwhelming urge to bark at the monster, but it was as if her voice was caught in her throat.

"M-Make it go away, Damean," she whimpered, her eyes now shut, but it was as if she could see the big, bad wolf behind her eyelids, as if it was right there with her. She pinned her ears to her head, not wanting to hear a voice, if there was one... Hopefully, it wasn't the one that had called her here, called her and Damean to their deaths... "Get... Get rid of it."

"You can't get rid of something that's in your blood and soul."

The voice was in her head. In her head, she didn't need her ears to hear it. Terrified, she raised her head and released a long, painful howl, unable to contain all that was happening.

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:13 am

Damean looked at the water and then back at Echo. She looked down, as if she felt shame, and he wanted to go to her but something held him in place. Something held him. He felt his hackles raise up and his lips pulled back, it was then the atmosphere changed and he heard Echo asked him to get rid of it. Rid of what? He looked at her, she had been looking at the water and now he felt the strange tension in the air. His eyes trailed down to the water but nothing was there, nothing but his own reflection. He looked at her and he felt the sudden surge of anger press through him. He lifted his front end up, like a horse rearing back, and smashed down into the water. He forced his body to do it a couple more times and then Echo howled. He was instantly beside her nuzzling her and then he was before her, pushing her back farther on the 'beach' that was before the water. His tongue traced her face licking her over and over trying to calm her down. "Echo, echo!" he whimpered and nuzzled her shoulder softly. "It's okay. Nothing is going to get you while I'm here. I promise. Echo... please..." He wanted her to calm down. A chill ran through his spine and he looked around them. He felt like the cave was getting darker now and it made him unsettled. "Do you want to leave?" he said turning his eyes back to look at her softly, letting her know he was still here, no matter if they went back or went farther forward...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:04 am

And just like that, it was all gone.

Damean's warm nuzzles graced her cheek. She lowered her howl and fell quiet, pressing into his chest, suddenly feeling oh so very small. The evil wolf she saw vanished, as did the other, white and ghostly one. She knew naught who either of them were, but she was glad that Damean was here... No matter what the evil, he would protect her from it. She looked up, her blue eyes meeting his. "You promise?" she whispered, still against him, her tail curled tightly around her. "Even if... You can't see it? Or hear it?"

She pulled away and looked at him very seriously now. A promise was a promise, afterall. She glanced at the pool of water. She didn't remember being moved away from it, but she assumed that it had been Damean's doing. "And yes, I think we should leave... I think whatever is down here doesn't want us here anymore. We've found all the treasure that we can find for now, and it's best to let the souls rest in peace," she said, pushing away the fear that had paralyzed her only moments ago. She closed her eyes, inhaled, and exhaled. Controlled her emotions. "We should find a way out... I don't think we can go back the way we came."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Pawprints : 386

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Damean looked at Echo with a serious look. "I do promise. And if I can't see them, you can, and that's all that matters" but just like that, his words were pulled away from him as she stepped back. Couldn't get out of here the way they came, that made him uneasy but he didn't shed any light on it. "Well... if the water is here, then we should be able to follow it somewhere, right? Or, maybe there is another entrance?" He didn't know, they had been here for the first time and now were going to leave for the first time. They would find a way out. "But, if we need to go back the way we came, I'll protect you" Promise. He didn't need to say it for her to know, she had to know. His eyes focused on her, but she shook, and then he realized it wasn't her that shook, it was him. He looked down and watched his fur stand on end, the gravel that was loose around them rattled on the ground. "Earth Shakes and Changes..." He said it in a dull voice. He had felt ones before, but not this strong, but then, he was in the epicenter of what started the earth quakes and just didn't know it. Everything grew quiet around them once it began to slow and then stop suddenly. "We need to go" he said, he felt like he was still shaking, but he stepped up to Echo and touched his black nose to her shoulder telling her he was ready not only verbally but physically...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:13 pm

She said nothing in reply, but silently found comfort in his words. Like some kind of dark angel, the King of Jabbar would protect her. As promised. Then the earth rattled beneath her paws, and from the look on Damean's face, it was something that she was not imagining. Her heart pulled up in her throat, but not from the fear of the evil wolf she had seen. She came close to Damean again, her shoulder against his, dipping her brow, indicating for him to lead the way. He had lead them in, and so he would lead them out, as well.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Akiko listened patiently as Exodus spoke nodding her head every so often. It was often like that in these lands. Merciless. Where children were abandoned, swapped, lied to..Shaking her pelt she let out a heartfelt sigh. She spoke of Aladar's death to Rawbones and frowned. She had been sorry about that, truly. Exodus was one of the few pups who had been in her life and with Legend dead she remained the only adult one.

They were walking at a comfortable pace but even so they would be upon the cave soon. She figured that they would eventually get scared and come out but there was the slight parental nerve tugging at her making her worry. It was her duty to safeguard the young king. Attention slipping back to the fae at her side her face fell for a moment only to be recovered by an almost sarcastic countenance. "And what would you know about Gladiator and I?" She turned her harsh cerulean eyes on Exodus, though they twinkled in amusement. "You were not even a thought in this world when we....were together." Her face slipped back to it's casually blank mask and she shrugged continuing. "If there is one thing in life Exodus that I have learned is that it is better to keep your heart closed." Here she added wickedly with a coy smile. "Especially if you don't want me to rip it out." Darkness flashed in her eyes for but a brief moment.

Perhaps Damean had been a different sort of dark wolf but Akiko still walked in darkness and while she knew things were not always black and white the wolves of Fire and Ice were forgetting what types of creatures they truly were. While it had de-intensified over the years Akiko loved killing as much as she did in her youth. Wolves were beginning to see Jabbar as soft, a fact that she was all too aware of. A fact that she was going to have to stress to Damean Junior to correct once he came into power. Yes they dallied with Midnight but everyone was so foolish they did not see. It did not matter who they spoke with or what they did. The battle between the Midnights had sated her long denied thirst but it was always there, throbbing in her heart.

The face of the cliff was in sight now and Akiko sniffed the air tentatively to sample the freshness of the scents. It appeared that they had not passed out this way yet and her worried-ness notched up another degree. Oh the joys of caring for pups. At least Damean now had a playmate, something she had been worried about before. "They entered here, though it has been sometime." Content to wait for the time being she reclined on her haunches and looked at Exodus.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Exodus pulled back from Akiko slightly. She had too much respect for the wolfess to push on matters. "He just, I've seen him lurking here, spying on you. If it weren't for you ignoring him, normally I'd think you'd rip a throat out" she smiled at that thought and then continued walking. Her ears picked up all Akiko's words and she let them wash through her. Once they stopped and she realized what Akiko said about the cave entrance Exodus sniffed around. "Oh joy" she huffed and sat down looking at the darkness that leaked from the cave. "What a great hiding place" she said softly and smirked. "I don't remember being so adventurous with Legend like this, going into dark places, but yet again. I was with Petra and Blade a lot, while you were with Legend" she felt her chest tighten at the thought of her brother. She hadn't really thought much on him since... well since he had been killed in Midnight Meadows. Her brother, the one who had raped and produced spawn with Cinder, then that pup ran away. "You know she had his pup, a female, just as highly emotional as her father was" she laughed a little and then guilt ran through her. It was why she had taken Echo away from the pack. It wasn't fit for them, they didn't belong there, and not because Evon had brought her, and Exodus knew that the wench was a dark hearted female, it was more along the lines, she didn't want Echo brought up around such an emotional... place.

Damean felt Echo press into him and he smiled licking her cheek. "Come on" she said softly. He began to walk forward, he felt her pressed into him the whole time. Going around the water, leaving it behind, the next barrier they crossed was lined with the same gold stuff as those skeletons wore, only this was pasted to the walls. It was weird, the walls were... carved out? They had holes in deliberately formed... dens. Those things lived here! there was enough light to see that this was the end of their cave unless they were to go to the right and it looked like it sloped downward. As his blue eyes looked up he saw the dens climb higher. He didn't look at Echo he just began to take the man made walkways through what to them was their village. They passed wooden den closings, doors, but he didn't stop to inspect them, deep inside, he felt like they were being watched, and he tread lightly through the skeletons dwellings to make sure he didn't disturb anything. As they walked higher, the darkness seemed to crawl closer. His eyes looked back down, realizing they had walked quite a bit upwards. It was warm up here, but it wasn't warm like it had been near the red flowing stuff, it was just... warm, like a summer day.

"You okay?" he asked, as he moved on and they walked farther up. It was coming to the last den did he stop and look at the hill before him. "We have to go up... do you smell the fresh air. But I need to take a break" he sat down in a quick motion and panted looking around. "It's weird, this is here, and I don't think anyone knows." Above them was two more connecting caves, not quite as big as the others but caves none the less, and then... there would be the entrance. Between where they were and there he didn't want to run into anything more. He was done with this adventure and wanted a nap, lay down with Echo and just sleep. He looked over at her and nudged her shoulder then sneezed. "I think we might need a bath after we're yelled at for being hidden so long" he laughed and looked at her. She was covered in dirt, he must have been too because the more he thought about things he sniffed the air around him and reeked of... their adventure...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:13 pm

They walked together out of the aquifer room, leaving the rainbow ceiling and mysterious pool of water behind. Echo glanced over her shoulder, silently wondering if what she had seen in the underground lake was real or not. She was tempted to ask Exodus about who the white fae in the water had been - Exodus was older and wiser. Maybe there had been a wolf that had ventured into the cave and drowned in the pool. A shiver chilled up Echo's spine at the thought. They were walking on treasured ground, it seemed. On either side of them was the humans' treasure, gold veins etched into the sedimentary walls, shimmering in the dim light there was. What was so special about this... gold? It was another question she would have to ask Exodus. She had so many questions, always with the questions...

The ground sloped upwards beneath them and they passed more skeletons. Echo began to relax, no longer pressing into Damean as closely as she had been. Instead, her curiosity wrapped around the wooden structures that only human hands could have made. Dirt and debris told her that the place had been uninhabited for a very long time. Damean paused and sat back, panting. "I am now," she replied, answering his question. "I'm not sure what happened back there, but thank you. I owe you one. I know I'm different from other wolves - I can see and hear and feel things others can't, but I'm not going to let that stop me from helping you some day."

She nuzzled his nose, friendly-like, and then bent back and sneezed. "We smell like a pair of rotten eggs," she chuckled. It must have sunk into their fur when they had visited the magma chamber and dipped into the aquifer. She yawned, and tilted her head upwards, looking at the remains of their climb. She couldn't see daylight yet, though, maybe it was night by now. She wasn't sure. Either way, her legs ached and her eyelids felt heavy, her energy spent. She yawned again and found herself leaning in Damean's direction, and then curling her legs beneath her to sleep. As mature as her mind was, her body was still very much a whelp's, and everyone knew that whelps were the weakest when it came to the sandman throwing dream dust in their eyes.

Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:44 pm

What little peace could be brought to him, was found by a cold lake that held memories he did not wish to return to. Yet, it was pleasant to be reminded of the bloodshed, the undying loyalty that he himself had crushed, the many conquests. Since coming to these lands, he had found only light things to keep his drive for mischief satisfied. It was a calm time now, in a pack who's alignment was questionable. Two wolves kept him within the lands, a fae who eluded him daily, a pleasant yet irritating game, and a whelp with a future. If Damean jr was to become Alpha, Zaiaku wanted to be there to see what kind he would be. The boy had dark blood flowing through him, even if Zai didn't get to see the whelp's sire's power. If only other's wouldn't chase him off, Zai would already been in good standings with the soon-to-be Alpha. Alas, that wench of a white woman was always by his side, else it was some other who didn't have a taste for Zai's antics. Though the blame could not be placed on them, in fact it was best for their comfort they kept him away. He'd be lying if he said manipulation wasn't in his mind, but then again the joker lied about many things.

His dark form slipped through the land, after having marked the area he was supposed, Zai had once again found boredom. A wolf of sick intent should never be bored, it just wasn't healthy. A smirk danced across his maw. Perhaps he might find the little brat alone, for once, and have a pleasant chat with him. It wasn't likely that Akiko wasn't attached to Damean's hip, a fact that Zaiaku was willing to push aside. He had done as she asked, that alone should put a smile on that pretty little face. Soon he found himself climbing, not a vertical surface, but there was a definite change to the ground level. Hues lifted forward, clearly seeing the land shift upwards. He didn't bother exploring the land when he had initial shown up, what with being vexed by a fae and all, but now was a perfect opportunity. Black mitts carried him uphill, and for a brief moment he stopped, perhaps it was his imagination but a part of the ground had felt warmer then the rest. Direct sunlight perhaps? Or just his insanity returning? Maybe it was a bit of both. Continuing his trek, the dark bruja finally reached a clearing, a lush meadow that would be a perfect spot to rest, but that wasn't on his mind.

Trees lined up around the clearing, and at it's centre, a perfectly placed stone. It was absurd and odd, part of it stood tall while another leaned at an angle. Wandering over to it he found a den, a small one built for a fox from the looks of it. But a warmth was coming from it, and a smell he had only smelt before in his homelands. A childlike sense of curiosity washed over him, or maybe it was nostalgia, and he began digging the hole wider. The scent and warmth became stronger as he torn the terra, grass and weeds alike began piling behind him. After an exhaustive dig, one he half gave up on mid way, Zaiaku slipped into the whole and down onto stone steps. Light filtered in from behind him, and he could see a faint glow from far into the darkness, so continuing with the sense of curiosity he trekked further. The pitch bruja slipped through the darkness like it was his best friend, never flinching when he could see very little. Zaiaku found light after minutes of darkness, and new scents reached him, Damean's and one unfamiliar to him. The opening granted him room from the small cave he had wandered through, and the dark brute found himself wandering over to an edge.

He had grown up near a ring of mountains containing the hot liquid, six formed the territory that had been Tartarus. It was a welcomed scent that most would cringe from, but it brought only memories to Zai. His attention was stolen though, when amber azures peered down at two whelps. My, my, what do we have here? Now, what would two children be doing messing around in a place such as this? The smell definitely came from them, as the walls around them smelt only like dirt. Auds pricked at the sound of a the young woman's lyrics, interesting things escaped her kissers, things he was sure were meant for little Damean's ears only. Zai moved forward and laid down, with his mitts hanging off the edge, and his eyes never wavering from the ones below him. Though briefly the shine of the walls caught him, and his own curiosity almost led him down to see what these two had. Were they planning on resting within these walls? It appeared so from how exhausted they looked, perhaps a scare might do them good. Though he was sure if he even spoke it would spook them. Instead, he found himself standing and padding his way into the adjacent cave. It led him down once more, and after a corner he found himself only paw lengths away from the whelps. Though he remained shrouded in darkness, a playful smirk danced across his maw. The dark bruja made a hissing noise escape his kissers, letting it echo down the cave, and then he kicked a stone down it. Whelps were gullible, they likely thought they were the only two around, that would give them incentive to leave.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:00 am

... I never got to meet my son. I was dead before he arrived on this earth taking a single breath. I wish I had met him, said a few words to him, actually said a few words to a few wolves. I had a lot on my chest I wanted to get out. I loved my mate, very much, there is no denying that, but there were other's that I loved so much more. I question my decisions as a leader, specially the leader of Jabbar Junayd. A dark pack that I had turned so light and carefree. What had I done? Ruined the ties with one of the strongest packs, I was a fool. Akiko. My Beta. My right hand man. I would have missed her. I would have wished to say goodbye to her before my life was taken. I feel like a fool for not confiding in her more. I'm wondering how she will get along after I'm gone. Fine. But I wonder if she will be broken. I loved her. Like family? Who knows. But there was a love between us, she was the first to trust me when I had come here, and she was the first to accept me as the leader in the lands. Lilith, I was so glad when Jaded killed her. Lacuna. I miss her too, though her life was taken so long ago. I do miss her. She was a great friend. I wish her daughter wouldn't have taken her life like she had. She was... perfect... like a diary I could turn to anytime. I wish there had been more friends like that.

This brings me back to my first point. What kind of leader had I chosen to be. I was a dark wolf? No. I was light, my heart was light. I hope my son turns things normal. Turns Jabbar back into the right frame of mind without burning too many bridges. I wonder what he's like, who he's like. I just hope he's not like us. Like Jaded and I. It's okay to love, in the darkness of your own den, but to love the pack too... not the whole world. What kind of world did I create. Hopefully one he will fix. I'm sorry I left you with so many mistakes to change. I'm sorry I left you with so many choices to decide and left you without a father's guidance. Maybe Rawbones will show you the way, if the old bru is around. I know Akiko will be there. Blade. I hope he's there for you. He was so quiet, so kept to himself. Break him out of his shell a little bit please son. Why am I talking to you. You cannot hear me. But I wish you could. I love you, so very much and so very much I wish I could tell you this, and tell you how sorry I am ...

The wind rolled through the trees. It was like a howl, singing it's way around the lands echoing an unknown song to the wolves of Jabbar. It wasn't a storm coming, it was just a wave, summer of Jabbar would be here soon. Heat would be an issue, seeing how the trees had been thinned out from the fire so long ago. There was hardly any shade here in this land anymore unless a wolf were to travel to the oasis where Damean and Jaded lay buried side by side, as they had been in life. The wind came up over the hill, bears turned their heads and took a moment to breath in the warm wash of air. The birds took flight to stretch their wings and watch as the smallest of the animals took to feeding, trying to fatten themselves up for the winter. It would be a great joy to hunt in the autumn season for these fat vermin. “Awake” the wind seemed to scream now. It’s speed picked up and it covered the lands. It was the response from the lands to the wind that the wolves would take caution to. The first was a summons, and as the wind answered it’s call to the earth, before it’s hidden words among nature were answered the earth shook it’s reply harder then it’s summons. A warning?...

Damean looked at Echo and smiled. She was growing faint with no light in this area. “You are different. But that’s only because you’re the only other pup who can stand to be around me. Then again, you’re the only pup I know” He smiled and winked at her, though he wasn’t sure if she’d notice in this dim light. He gave a little laugh though to signal the joke to her and then reached out a paw and put it on her shoulder, as if an adult would talk to a pup in such a mannor. “You need a bath” he said sternly. “And no more wandering off” He laughed again but his attention was quickly diverted. There was a hiss, and a rumble of what, pebbles? He turned quickly, wondering if now he was hearing what Echo saw, if he heard the hiss of someone who didn’t want them here. His hackles rose, and before he knew it a low rumble sounded from his gut and rose into his throat. Pupils flexed against their will, testing the limits of his body’s natural abilities grabbing every bit of light he could. Without knowing it, he was practically standing over Echo, trying to hide her under himself.

There were too many options as to where these sudden sounds were coming from. When the rocks hit his right foot his head shot that way and he peered into the dark. No one. He couldn’t see a thing, could Echo see it? Damean just hear it? He turned and without saying a word edged her up the hill. He stood on the side that the rocks had come down but he urged her up the slope. Halfway up his back legs slid under him and he dropped down, his body going flat hitting his chin on the dirt and sliding down a ways. “Echo! Run” he said with what air he hadn’t knocked out of him. He scrambled to his feet as quick he could, his throat convulsed to bring in air but his chest felt tight. It was then the ground shook under their feet again. Panic rushed through him and he got a rush of adrenalin and pushed up against Echo’s rump shoving her upwards. They were almost to the top and the ground beneath them rumbled. It was like a growl of a huge wolf, it made his head rattle with sound. He could see the walls on the human made dens rumble and dust shake off of them. He pushed against her again digging his pup nails into the dirt. It was when it leveled out before him did he fall down on his face and roll forward. Again, it was darker up here and he stood quickly just barely making Echo out in this darkness. “Echo come on!” he went to turn but something caught his nose. The rumble of the earth stopped and his body tried to gather itself...

He stopped and sniffed the air. A low growl echoed in his throat and he found himself standing in front of Echo. She would make a break for the cave behind him. His head dropped low and his ears pulled back. “Show yourself!” he screamed into the air. He tried to sound dominant, tried to sound demanding. There was someone else in here, but his nose was fried from all the scents, from his own. Dammit. He couldn’t place it. His mind was jumbled and he grew more irritated with himself as he stood there getting ready to throw his puppish life away to protect Echo from whomever was in here. Was it the wolf she saw? Was it real? Was there a trick in the water that he couldn’t see? And now, that trick was standing right here in front of them and it would kill them? Him. No. If it wanted to kill anyone it would be himself. Echo would run. He would make sure to stop whatever it was, though just a pup. He was alpha, and that was his job… wasn’t it?...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 1:52 am

She smiled as Damean mocked the adults, her tail too tired to wag. She wouldn't get to rest very long, though, as suddenly Damean was pushing and shoving her awake and towards the upward slope. "What's going on?" she barked, looking over her shoulder, but the time to talk was apparently over. She clamored and clawed her way up the slope to the top. Damean skidded halfway down behind her. "Damean!" she shouted, wanting to extend her paw, but the entire cave roared and trembled instead. The human dens began to collapse and dirt sifted between cracks. "Come on, Damean!" she shouted again, when he bounded up, in front of her. She watched as he raised his tail and growled at some kind of beast lurking in the darkness, the cave still roaring all around them.

Echo ran only a few steps, but froze, looking over her shoulder at the unknown monster Damean faced. "Just run!" she yelled, though she didn't know if he would hear over the tremor. She knew the beast was there, despite her nose being fried from all the smells of their adventure and the darkness swallowing the creature, call it her sixth sense or instinct. And whatever it was, did not want them in its home. She knew that Damean was strong, but he was still a whelp - there was no way he'd be able to fend off a full-grown wolf by himself. Instead of running for the mouth of the cave, she ran back towards him, at his flank. "I'm not leaving you," she said, more of a statement than an opinion. She lowered her head, ears pinned, lips curled. The earth rattled beneath their feet again, and somewhere in the depths of the cave, heavier things fell. But Echo stood her ground. "I don't care what happens. Friends don't leave friends behind, King or not."

Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 3:38 pm

The games the insane played, most would frown on such cruelty to whelps, but Zai only saw amusement. In retrospect he was doing the King a favour, now he could impress that little woman that was with him. The thought caused a smirk to dance across his maw, the lengths one would go to, to impress a fae. Most of the time they were easy though, a little proper sweet talking, and they could be on you within moments. Stand up against the big bad demon, protect the fae from potential harm. Valiant. Azures adjusted to the dark quickly, and soon he was kicking several stones across the ground. He saw panic and fear course through the little ones, and it only brought a smile to his face. It certainly wasn't the first time he had messed with whelps, but compared to a couple times this was tame. He had held some against their will, simply by holding their whipcords to the ground. In Tartarus, he had had many children, and some of their mother's wished for them to be away from him. It wouldn't do to not have any heirs, or perhaps a small army of devoted children, not that many of them had any choices then. Tyrant. And then there was the snatchings, and his least favourite, killings. Now, he had only ever done such acts while on duty, or out of necessity, but even the sick and twisted mind of Zaiaku disliked the idea of whelp killings. Nonetheless, he followed his orders, or instincts, there wasn't room in Tartarus for any other wolf's pups but his own. The memories made him reflect on what his homeland looked like currently, was it his own kin that ruled it still? Or had others come and taken it for themselves? It was a desolate place, one where only a certain kind of wolf could handle.

His mind was torn back by the shouts of the pups as they dashed away, a smirk would've danced his maw had he not felt the tremors himself. His hackles raised slightly, and he shook the dust that was continuously landing on him. That certainly wasn't a good sound, and he watched a few stones around him dance. Zai found himself moving quickly after the whelps, dust and pebbles clouded what little air was within the caves, and he continued to move forward, quickly back into the darkness. The roaring and dancing stones stopped, but Zai felt a wave of unease, something that rarely effected him. He stopped in the dark when everything went silent, and his gaze searched out the whelps, Damean's voice exposed their position, only paw lengths away. Though the vibrations ceased, the dark bruja still remained cautious. The only time he had heard and felt such an event was in Tartarus, when one of the mountains would explode and pour hot liquid that decimated the land. He had seen two erupt at once, causing his pack to migrate from their original main land to another. This was a part of Jabbar he had yet to see, or hear of, perhaps this one had erupted before? Ignoring the idea, Zaiaku smirked in the dark and gazed in the pup's general direction. Perhaps the game wasn't over, only a brief pause. He listened to Echo's words, and a deep growl emitted slowly from him, he stopped and allowed the walls to carry the sound. The sound of falling rocks added to the ambient growl, he kicked a few pebbles again for good measure.

A crushing sound took over the growl, and for a moment Zai glanced back in the darkness. Heavy things were falling deeper within the caves, they echoed up from chambers, it was time to get these two out of here. "Leeeeaaaaaaavvvveeee." The dark bruja put on his deepest and yet softest voice, letting the word draw out of his maw. With a paw he dug into the terra loudly, adding loud scrapping sounds. If they didn't turn tail soon, he'd have to simply expose himself and escort them out. It was no longer safe for any of them, but a part of Zai was still having to much fun messing with the pups. The joker added a few more hisses and growls, he began loudly moving forward, scrapping the earth as he went. "Leave now!" Zai barked loudly and suddenly, hoping the loud echo would startle the whelps into motion.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:55 pm

The trembling of the earth stopped. With it stopping Damean thought there was going to be a silence, but standing there with Echo nothing like that came. Rocks, no, boulders were falling from the roof, rolls and rolls of dust followed those falling items and buildings that shook loose were falling down the hills they had just walked up. Echo’s words made him turn and if he could see her, he probably would have seen her serious expression. “Thanks…” he said softly but then there was too much noice he barely made out the word ‘leave’ coming from the darkness. His back hair rose higher, he bared his teeth and backed up turning and bumping into Echo. He wanted to get out of here with her now, actually it was more he wanted to get out of here five seconds ago and then five more before that. When Echo had freaked out he had wanted to leave. Then there was a shout and his jumped a bark coming from his maw right then and there his body mechanically moved and he pushed into Echo heading into the dark cave. He didn’t wait for his eyes to adjust and Echo seemed to move right with him through the darkness. His breathing echoed through the cave and then fresh air smacked him in his face along with swirling dust.

“We made it!” he said bursting out but his eyes went into a painful shock from the darkness to the light, no, the dust of evening. The sky was littered with a red glow that made him push his eyes closed. Fresh air swirled around his nose and he took deep breaths of it before squinting into the open area. His chest tightened. “We’re out… but look” his eyes turned to Echo then back out. They were up the side of a mountain, a rather tall mountain and they would have to climb down very carefully. He felt horrible now, having taken her in there. But he looked down and found it was like steps… very… careful… steps… “Come on, the sooner we get down the better” He took a deep breath and looked at her, actually looked at her. His face broke into a smile and sat down outside the hell of a cave and started to laugh. “You should see yourself!” He laughed and laughed until tears started to come out of his eyes. “You’re so dirty!” he laughed some more and looked at her a smile on his face. “We need a bath, even in this fresh air I can smell the stink from in there” He laughed some more and looked around finally just taking a moment not to be in panic.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 9:32 am

Echo stood her ground, but only for a moment. Something deep and low hissed at them to leave, and Damean scattered, pushing her back towards the entrance and making a beeline for it. She sprinted right behind him. It felt as though the monster were on her tail, no matter how fast she ran, and suddenly there was a burst of sunlight and fresh air. She skidded to a halt, dust clouding at her feet, and she panted, casting a glance behind her. She could feel the earth rumble beneath her pads, but not as violently as before. She looked over her shoulder back into the darkness of the cave. She began to wonder if the "monster" had been a real monster at all, when Damean's voice caught her auds.

"I need a bath?" she snorted, despite her white coat being covered with dirt. "Have you smelled yourself lately?" She smirked and followed him towards the edge of the plateau, looking over the edge. She felt her eyes cross at how far it was down, but she also spied the ledge footholds they could use as stairs. They were both lucky that they were pups - if they were any bigger, it was unlikely that they'd be able to scale down the slope. Echo sensed his nervousness about the descent and bumped her nose into his shoulder, wagging her tail. "No time to be a scaredy cat, Dae," she said, and turned herself sideways, as to begin moving down the slope, her toes finding the footholds. She found her balance rather easily, but paused and waited for him to follow.

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:09 pm

His stomach churned a little looking down but he focused on the first step down. He followed behind Echo soon catching his grip on this downscale from the mountain. "It's not so bad" he said looking at her with a smile but his foot slipped and he caught himself in a panic as he pulled his small body back up. "Okay... maybe it is" he felt a laugh grow in his stomach as he stood there, a panic and laugh that erupted from himself. It didn't take them too long, but before they had reached the bottom the darkness had set in. "Where are we going to 'hide' from Exodus and Akiko..." he felt guilt build in his stomach, they would probably be in a bunch of trouble.

Ooc:|| HORRIBLE post... I'm so sorry.
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Pawprints : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:15 am

His heart hurt. He didn't know from what but he knew it was in pain. He watched the water as it creeped threw the land. He didn't know of what else to do. His mind had simply gone and all that remained where emotions. He wondered if him coming home was the wrong thing for him. A new life was maybe what he needed. He growled a little as the sounds of others seemed to echo in his cave. He moved from the entrance from which he used looking down and to the side. His massive ivory form stretching as he reached the platform. He looked at the whelps noticing they looked familiar. He tilted his head...

"You know this way is much easier"

His tone was flat and held little emotion. He hated wolves so close to his cave but the whelps would surely kill themselves if they tried to make there way down the steep side. He was heartless but not that cruel. He stood there and watched as Deamean made his way down. He shrugged making his way down fairy easy.

"Would you like my help as in where to hide"

The ivory male looked at the whelps. He would take the opportunity to rub memories in Akiko's face.

OOC: Thought i would join in... hope you two don't mind. Kinda fit the same area that Gladiator was in so I went with it.

Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm

Echo paused, the sound of the rocks slipping behind her, seeing Damean recover. "Just follow me, don't look down," she said calmly, sensing the tension in his voice. It was clear by now that the young King wasn't fond of heights. Echo navigated down the steep cliffside, her paws proving nimble and guiding them down a safe route, when a voice reached her auds about halfway down. She looked up to see a big, white wolf hanging over the edge; it most certainly wasn't Akiko. It was a male, one with a heavy voice and an even heavier form. Damean moved past her, seemingly ignoring the bru. Echo was quiet, considering the bru's words... Something about him made her feel uneasy. Her azure eyes met his. "We're okay," she replied, and then headed down the steep ledge without looking back. For a larger wolf, it would have been a much more difficult descent, but since she and Damean were still on the small side, it was a challenge they conquered. Her pads hit the cool earth, her heart pounding in her throat, darkness drowning them once again.

"Who was that?" Echo asked, looking over her shoulder at the white wolf again. She hoped that he wouldn't follow them. The last thing they needed was to be caught by one of the pack members, or worse... eaten by someone who wasn't. She inhaled, the sharp scent of sulfur reaching her recovering nose, but it was not as overwhelming as it had been in the cave. Somewhere in the shadows, she could smell water; her tongue thirsted for it and she walked over, drinking her fill. It was nothing more than a small, clear-running stream, but the further south it went, the larger it seemed to be. "We could probably follow this as our way out," she said, seeing some very tall, very black mountains rise up along the horizon several miles away. But before following the stream, she walked up and pressed her nose into his shoulder, looking into his blue eyes, just a shade brighter than her own. "And... I know you want to hide... But I really want to go home now. It's not because I'm scared. I just... I have a lot of questions I need to ask Exodus. Questions I think only she can answer."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:07 pm

The young prince was so concentrated on the scaling down the mountain that when Gladiator spoke he didn't intend to ignore him, he just mentally did, he was so concerned with him and Echo's decent that he didn't pay mind to what was going on around him. When his body came to level ground his breath was still held and he released it in a weird fashion. "Whew." he said softly as if he had run a mile. His body ached and his mind grew tired, it was as if on cue Echo spoke about going home and he yawned looking around. Darkness had settled in around them and every creature was asleep like they normally would be. His shoulders relaxed and he answered her first question his nose answering his silent question as to which way their 'parents' were. "That's Gladiator, he's a member here, he keeps to himself but he's really nice" Damean's head turned upwards to see the brute up on the mountain and he wagged his tail in greeting but it was over taken with sleepy puppish lag and his feet carried him forward towards the adults directed. "I'm really tired too" he said stepping through the puddle not stopping to take a drink, he wasn't thirsty, he was just tired. "I want to go home and sleep... but we are home, somewhere, just gotta find them" They seemed to walk for what felt like forever twisting turning through the trees. He didn't have much to say right now, his mind was on mute from what had happened in the den. He didn't know what was in there but there was a familiar scent that he couldn't quite get from his mind and with the lag of sleep, he knew it wasn't Gladiator but he couldn't make up who it was at this time.

Black pelt moved in the darkness like a loud thief, he didn't care to remain quiet. He was so tired. Soon though two shapes appeared before them and he felt the need to run but didn't. His mind awoke to what would come next. Punishment. Maybe? Maybe they had given up on finding them, it was though his mind speaking to him his head turned, blue orbs following to the entrance they had gone into. The older wolves couldn't follow, so they hadn't. They'd know eventually they would come out, probably expecting the same route taken in, well THAT didn't happen, thanks to the earth quakes. He wondered if they had felt them out here, he'd make to ask Akiko, but for now, he was too tired. His head turned to Echo and he looked at her as if speaking their silent secret not to mention anything to them about the cave inside, but that it was just a cave... unless it was important, unless they had to. He smiled a weak smile to her and yawned and it was then Exodus's voice broke out and he jumped at her coming over, and as much as he wanted to laugh at her facial expression, it was suppressed behind another yawn and a shake of his head trying to ward off sleepiness.

Exodus had been sitting in silence watching the darkness cover the land in a blanket of silence. The pups still were not here, not only was she worried Echo and Damean but she felt alert as well. She had felt herself quiver just a little and knew the lands of Jabbar were known for their slight tremors, a reminder to the wolves that there were other things in this life, natural things, that didn't want to be forgotten least they did when you didn't expect it and fire over took you. She felt the urge to try and crawl into the cave herself and prayed to whatever gods were out there Echo was okay when her prayers were answered by foot falls. She turned her head quickly spying the two pups coming through the woods. Her heart raced and she stood taking a step then stopping. Sulfer. They reeked of that pungent egg smell. She looked at Akiko then back to the pups doubt about the cave filling her mind even more, it wasn't just a cave was it? She didn't need to ask for as they got closer she felt the parental protection wash over her and she stepped over to the two nudging Echo under the chin and snorting. "You two..." she said softly and pulled back. "Stink" She winked at them then sat down. "Echo. Time for a little talk shall we? Damean. Go to Akiko, and say goodnight, you can see each other tomorrow if you're not grounded to the dens" She sighed and watched as Damean touched Echo's shoulder softly and then walked over to Akiko and sat down in front of her bending his head down in shame. Obviously he knew they were in trouble. "And you young lady" her head turned back to Echo and she looked down at her white pelt and mysterious blue eyes. "Hope you had some fun..." she said this with little sarcasm. Exodus was actually a little tiffed in the pups. She wanted to be mad, but she was... "I'm glad you're okay though, honestly, but please... no more hiding spots I can't find you in..." she smiled at her as only a mother would smile to her daughter, even if not by blood, and then nosed her again softly. "I think it's time we go lay down. I dunno about you, but sitting here is wearing me out" she winked and then stepped away waiting heading towards the dens, slowing to look back at Echo waiting for her to come.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:33 pm

They didn't have to walk for very long when the crevasse opened up to a tall, evergreen forest. Dusk overtook the landscape and soon the both of them were cloaked in darkness. Two shadowy figures approached, but Echo could see that there was no need for alarm. Her auds fell back and her tail tucked at Exodus' and Akiko's approach, casting her eyes down to the ground. She quietly regretted none of the adventure they had taken, but feeling Exodus' warm concern fall over her made her stomach feel heavy... And not to mention the evil creature she had seen in the water. "Goodnight," she whispered to Damean, nosing his shoulder as well, and turned with Exodus towards the dens. "I'm sorry..." she said to Exodus, her eyes still on the ground ahead of her. It wasn't until now did she realize how much her paws ached and her legs throbbed. She yawned, her eyes taking a long blink shut; a sign that she was sleepier than she thought she was. Though she was growing into her size, she was still very much a pup.

They came upon the dens. Echo followed Exodus towards them, not sure if she wanted her to bathe in the stream or not before heading in. She didn't want to stink up the whole bed, afterall. She paused and sat back on her haunches, looking over her shoulder for Damean, but it appeared that he and Akiko had taken a different route. She released a heavy sigh from her chest. She hoped that she'd be able to see him again... Their adventure in the cave had been something different, something she would keep close to her heart, no matter how old they got or whatever fights came between them. She glanced at the stream, uncertain if she should approach. She didn't want to see the monster again, afterall. She looked up at Exodus. "So... What did you want to talk about?" she asked, her tail giving a limp wag. Yes, she was tired, but there were things on her mind she knew she needed to discuss as well...

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Exodus watched Echo become sluggish. She smiled at her when she sat down. "I don't want to talk, I want you to sleep, then we will go hunt in the morning with the pack, sound good? Maybe Akiko can get together a little group to teach you and Damean how to catch your meal. Since you're so big to venture off on your own, you should be able to catch your dinner" Her smile faded a little. She was a little mad about their adventure but she didn't want to voice it, because above all being angry, she was more happy that they were safe. "So why don't you go into the den, and sleep. I'll lay out here, first thing in the morning, a bath, for both of you, unless you have something you want to tell me" She didn't want to pry about the cave, though she did, but she wouldn't. Her eyes wandered over the pup. She was such a sweet heart, though so mysterious at the same time. She wondered what had happened in the cave to make her so tired. Besides their walking to them, which must have been far. Her mind went back to the tremble of the earth and she wondered if there were more secrets to the lands that she didn't know.

Oh father. If only you were here. I don't know... what to do...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Despite her exhaustion, Echo looked up at Exodus, her brow knitted. "I can hunt," she grunted, remembering the rodent she and Damean had caught back in Midnight Meadows, but chances were, Exodus hadn't seen it. A yawn interrupted the rest of her argument, Exodus nudging her towards the den. Night had fallen and she was so very tired, her blue eyes shimmering in the darkness. In such darkness, they even seemed to have a purplish tinge to them. "Okay," she whispered, rubbed her hide against her adoptive mother's legs, and crawled into the den. It was warm and smelled like Exodus, and when Echo closed her eyes, it was as if the wolfess was wrapped around her, protecting her from evil.

Evil...

Many thoughts raced through her young mind... What was evil? She didn't know if she could taste, smell, hear, or see it; all she knew was that it existed somewhere, somehow. She knew because she had no doubt that the monster she had seen in the pool of water was a manifestation of evil... It was supposed to be her reflection. Did that mean that... she was evil? And what of the white wolf she had also seen, the one that had spoken to her? A soft whimper escaped her lips. Something deep within told her that this was just the beginning of... well, she wasn't sure, but it wasn't good. All she knew was that it was her future, her destiny.

Destiny...

Another whimper. When Echo closed her eyes and tried to drift off to sleep, she swore that she could hear other voices speaking to her... They were either inside her head or buried in her past. "Yes, she is the one," one voice would say, while another replied, "Then we must discuss her destiny as soon as possible... We will not let this prophecy go to waste.". All of this was said when she didn't even know what these words meant... In fact, she still didn't know what they meant, or why they were so significant. A chill riddled up the young wolf's spine, as if a draft had leaked into the cave. She shook her head and opened her eyes, unable to sleep. She padded outside, nosing Exodus in the leg.

"Can you lay down with me?" she asked, her voice defeated, tail drooping. She was so tired, and knew that she wouldn't get any sleep unless Exodus was actually there to keep her safe.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Akiko had been getting restless as she and Exodus waited. A few time she sent a few low calls into the cave but there was no response. Frowning she began pacing. Worry and anger mounting slowly. Eyes flicked restlessly and her bones felt cold. Something was happening though she couldn't be sure it had anything to do with the pups. Finally after what seemed like hours two dirty forms came walking towards them. She came to the same conclusion as Exodus, they reeked of sulfur. Her lips pursed and a growl resounded from her throat. Her blue eyes glazing over in an icy look of disapproval. Exodus took a slightly more relaxed approach but Akiko could not contain the anger that radiated from her. Damean approached her with his head bowed and she didn't say anything. Just vaguely nodded her head in Exodus's direction before she left. Then swiftly without warning lunged down and with a surprise show of strength grabbed Damean by the scruff of his neck. He was not big enough that she would be unable to do this. Despite her size and his she hefted him up for a few moments and managed to take a few steps before dropping him callously to the ground. Her teeth clacked. "Would you like me to drag you in front of the pack like that? If you want to run off like a infant." Her words were not spoken loud but the anger whipped out like torrents of hail. She didn't realize how her chest rumbled with her anger and as her discipline kicked back in she smoothed it. Gradually unclenching her teeth she looked away for a second trying to calm her anger for a moment. She hadn't quite realized how upset she was until she saw Damean just then. Ears flicking she looked at him once more, calmer but her gaze no more unsettling. "Damean..." she began tightly, "Do you truly understand who you are? Do you understand the responsibilities that lie on your little shoulders. " Her voice grew softer and she lowered her head to his level, touching her nose to his to look into his eyes. "You and I need to have a serious discussion about your father and what he did." Looking over his dirty tired form she sighed. "But for now you will get clean and get to bed. " Her tone brooked no argument and she began to step away towards water looking at him expectantly.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:55 pm

The growing unease that filtered through the male caused him to shift his weight slightly, he heard the scampering of the whelps dashing away, but only barely through the sounds of the walls coming down. Well, can't say he wasn't a hero. Zai smirked and began to move himself, returning the way he came. Dust clouded what little light could be seen in the caves, and he felt pebbles and stones occasionally fall and hit him. The younglings had the right idea to bolt, no thanks to his own efforts. Now, it was his turn to tuck his tail and leave. This place wasn't safe for whelps, or the likes of him. Zaiaku sauntered back to the open area, were large chunks of the walls were missing. The shine of gold was blinding, and briefly Zai looked down from where the pups must of come from. Had they been down there any longer, he wouldn't have found them, he wasn't sure anyone would with all the dirt flying around. The black, and lightly coated with brown, bruja returned to the cave he had slipped down from. He paused briefly at the over hanging ledge he had first seen Damean and Echo from, his eyes scanning the gold below. It was a beautiful sight, but he didn't plan on staying any longer to witness it. Slipping into the darkness again, he found light at the end of his tunnel, only it was barely visible. A brief moment of panic struck the male, but once he climbed the steps he furiously dug the hole out again. Fresh air hit him, and Zai breathed it in deeply. It was mixed with his own scent of dirt and filth, but it was far preferable than where he had just been. Zaiaku kicked the dirt back into the hole, attempting to fill it and hide it from any other curious wolves. The large stone seemed to angle differently now, and Zai smirked. That was certainly enough entertainment for a while, he wondered about the young, but he was certain they had slipped away.

The pitch male slipped into the cool water of Onyx Lake, a now familiar place, and then slipped out quickly. Water wasn't one of Zai's favourite things, he wasn't meant for swimming in his own mind. Though he could do so if necessary, the dark bruja preferred otherwise. Shaking the cold water and remaining dirt from his pelt, Zai drank a few mouthfuls of water, and then began his trek to the mainland. Perhaps the whelps would already be there, unless Akiko found them first. He was sure they were a mess of more filth than he had been, not to mention the time they had been gone. Oh, hell was to pay for certain. Zai smirked and let his mitts carry him away from the lake, who was the young fae with Damean? It was a question that ran through his mind the first time he spotted them. Was that perhaps the woman he had offered to help get from the other pack, before being so rudely interrupted? It had been the first time he had spoken to Damean, an interesting moment when the King was on his own, musing over whatever a young King did. Clearly a potential young queen, he smirked again. Oh, but that had been a brief conversation, some bruja that he didn't bother to recall had saw to it that Damean wasn't fit to be talking with the likes of him. Poor Zaiaku, just a simple trustworthy wolf. The thought made him stifle a laugh. Well, if Damean became a better King than his father, then he would find loyalty in Zai. So far, the lands of Jabbar have held no evidence that would warrant his loyalty to the lands or the pack.

The dark shadow moved through the terra with ease, he had come and gone so often that he was surprised he could remember everything. He had travelled the path to Onyx Lake more than anywhere else though, and so returning to the main land wasn't even a thought. And after only moments of padding leisurely, he found his way back 'home'. The idea of a home at least, he wasn't sure this was yet a place to stay permanently, though there were a few reasons in its favour. In the lands of Fire and Ice this was the only place that seemed fitting, despite its soft appearance at first, he had found mischief amongst the land. Enough to keep his insatiable appetite for destruction entertained. Where the hell was that blasted vex of a woman! The company of a fae would due him good, but once more she eluded him, such a pleasant irritation. A part of him couldn't care less, her disappearance only kept him intrigued in some way, and yet he couldn't help but feel irritated.
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Pawprints : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 am

His white blue pools held his tension as Akiko lifted the pup. He watched her scold him then change her approach. He snorted moving past the two in the direction of the main land. Darkness was starting to fall and he needed to find his nephew.

"Maybe if someone paid enough attention to the whelp he wouldn't find time to run away"

He was being a smart a** and cared not if Akiko heard him as he passed by. . . His fur standing on end as the shadows of Jabbar started to cover his ivory coat.

Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 am

Akiko had not realized Gladiator was in the area which made her doubly angry when the brute came from the shadows. Her eyes flashed and snarled at the brute. How dare he try and undermine her while she was reprimanded Damean. Gladiator knew damn well that she never took her eyes off him. Damean had pulled a childish trick but unlike other pups he could not afford to do things like this. Her temper flared for a fourth time, her chest rumbling. "Go back to your self loathing brute." Sharp eyes stayed on his bulky white form, her own fur bristling in response. He may have been her mate once but he was still her subordinate and would not disrespect her as such. Who knows maybe a little tussle would be good for her. Head tall she looked at him taking his challenge wondering what his next move would be. He had been moody and in the background of late. No one knew what was going on with the brute, least of all her.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 2:56 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Rawbones

As was typical of his nature, Rawbones had been meandering about by himself, condemning himself to solitude and fasting without a care. His old bones poked through his pelt, yet as usual he had no desire to satisfy his appetite. He spent his days closeby the long-ago Alphaess' den, near to the dark, secluded lake. Most of the time he was dozed off, staring out over the black waters of Onyx Lake, daydreaming of the days of old, when he was young and spry, and things had looked promising for him. He'd had a mate, friends, important duties... These days all he had were the memories, or at least he found it difficult to commit to the opportunities that were before him. If anyone had passed by the area, he was oblivious to it, his hazened silver eyes staring listlessly off into the distance.

His tightly tucked stomach growled painfully for a few agonizing moments. The old man grumbled disdainfully. He would undoubtedly need to seek out the pack again if he were to go on living for a while longer. It was not that he disliked them, no, it was quite the opposite - he cared for each of them, and wished to be near them. He just had trouble removing himself from the past and everything that he'd once had. He longed for it too much to live in the present as he should. Rising from the place he laid on the ground, he felt his joints creak. He stretched his limbs, groaning as he felt the tension in his legs - it felt as though his tendons would snap at any moment, but when he returned to his normal stance they felt loose and relaxed. He shook his body, then wandered over to the water's edge. Suddenly, he noticed a fresh scent. Somebody had tread here quite recently. He quirked a brow and glanced around; it seemed they had gone soon after visiting the lake. Shrugging, he dipped his forepaws into the water, lowering his neck so he could hydrate himself.

When he lifted his head, he felt somewhat more invigorated. His body had long been in a survival mode, but only now that he had risen and sipped the life-giving fluids did he feel the need to nourish himself. Tail lifting, he turned and headed toward where he knew the pack would be, or at least, he assumed they were still there. Though the landscape had changed since the fire, he still knew his way and padded through the woods effortlessly; he could almost close his eyes and wander with a clear direction. He allowed his eyes to blink softly and nearly close, and let his nose guide him now. Familiar scents flooded his nares, and he was rather relieved. Then guilt washed over him... how could he be apart from his pack for so long, just laying there like a sack of bones? For all he knew, they could have been raided and murdered by some new threat, and he wouldn't have known about it.

He hurried his pace as best as he could without his legs buckling under him. Now he longed for the pack's company. On the way he saw Gladiator's massive form. Rawbones sighed - the brute looked just as miserable as himself. He must at times also resent how things had turned out. The elder could relate to the old General of Hell's Army. They had both been through much with this pack, and though they had gained along the way, they had also both lost substantially. Rawbones nodded his head to the brute as he passed by, though a certain tension in the other male's body told that he might be ready to turn back and finish a conflict. Moving on, he came upon more familiar scents. Akiko's scent reached him, as well as young Damean's, though tension held thick in the air around them as well. He had no idea what had happened here, but he was just glad to know that the wolves of his pack were well.

Glancing around, he wondered about the other scents that came to his nares. He noticed Zai's, a bru he wasn't too familiar with, but seemed to have been around for some time. The same scent he had noticed at the lake. Another scent took him by surpride. Exodus. Had she returned to this pack? The scent did not seem faint, which meant she had been around for some time, she was not just visiting. Rawbones wandered from where he had paused, wondering what he should do. Perhaps he should just go about his own business and try to find a quick and easy meal. He knew he would likely waste more energy finding food than what he would gain from it, but he also knew his body craved nourishment. Huffing, he continued wandering slowly, letting his nose guide him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:58 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Trista11
It had been years since Tristan had wandered this way. Never dared to set foot anywhere near it for fear of a flood of memories. Yet here he stood, far past the border and deep into the heart of Jabbar. He had taken in the scorched forest with his good eye. He hadn't been here since before the fire had consumed everything. Vaguely familiar scents lingered here, though the names to go with them he could not recall, save for that of Damean Jager, and even that was nigh undetectable to his greying nose. The ash and dirt shifted beneath his pads, as he paused to rest his joints and take stock of his surroundings. He also needed to regather his thoughts, convince himself that he was actually here, and that he planned to stay.... So long as they didn't tear him apart.

He felt the hesitant swish of a tassel against his own and glanced to see his son just beside him. The boy was growing up quickly. He had caught up to his old man in height and was just starting to show some good sinew, but it was still unclear whether he would fill out or inherit his mother's slender frame. He had yet to grow into his paws, though. He had his mother's eyes, a golden honey, and his uncle's pelt, the brown and black mottled along his whole body. Tristan wondered where the lad would go in the months to come. He hadn't yet developed the bitter personality of his father, but wasn't much of a firecracker in the way of happiness, either. But he had a warm heart. He was still growing into himself, and it was all Tristan could do to let him figure things out. He wouldn't raise him in the same way he had been. Look how that worked out.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Conall10
Conall stood obediently by his father, not a word uttered from his lips. He hadn't the slightest idea where they were aside from the name of the place. It wasn't exactly homey, but then again he had yet to see the rest of the territory. It was nice to get inside one of the territories as opposed to wandering the outskirts of FNI for days on end. He took the air in gently, letting it stir in his nares, just to get a feel for it. His father had said the land belonged to a dark pack. Funny, it didn't feel anything like what he had expected. It was morose, to say the least, but there was a hint of character in it that he was sure would show itself once it came time to meet its residents.

A tension hung in the air, though there wasn't anyone immediately close. Or so he thought. He passed a glance to Tristan and saw that his hackles had sprung straight up. "Dad?" he prodded calmly, knowing the mood swing he could invoke were he not to careful. A low rumble from his father's chest and he simply pinned his ears back. No time to ask questions. Following his father's gaze, he could make out the form of another, traveling. As soon as he cocked his head in the slightest curiosity, they were off at a brisk trot. Well, as briskly as the three legs on his elder could take them.

"Stay behind me," Tristan ordered quietly. A disturbingly familiar odor had stung his nose and all those memories he feared immediately came flooding to his mind with one simple trigger. Obviously, there was no other option but to follow the scent of the recent passerby. He had to be crazy, to think this old rival was still alive after all this time. But the scent was unmistakable. He wouldn't forget it even after years of repression. He circled around where the bru had gone, avoiding the pack for now, and ignoring his son's confused glances between him and the mainland. That which he pursued was old. Older than he was. And it didn't take long to find himself catching up rather quickly. The closer he got, the more vivid the memories became, the more the countless scars from that day began to throb beneath his pelt, the more he became aware of the space where an eye used to be.

Rawbones was still here. He was still alive. And Tristan had to see him. He intended for no confrontation, just needed to see the old brute, face him at least. For what reason, he did not yet know. Perhaps it would get him and his son some complicated "in" into the pack. They were so incredibly close. What he wouldn't have given to dash the last fifty yards and just clip the hessian in surprise. But instead they gained quickly and remained silent. "Do not speak," he ordered, glancing back just in time to catch a nod from Conall. He would explain in time. Wasting no more time, he sent a bark out to the elderly bru just a few bounds ahead of them, not knowing what his plan was or what to expect.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next