Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]

Go down 
+2
EDITOR
WarriorWolf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Its funny because to be honest I haven't had any problems with homophobes, including my parents, both of whom are totally fine with it, which is a plus considering how near impossible it was to tell them. And even if people did start bothering me about it, I've never been one to care about other people's opinion unless they are in my life. All of my friends know and if they said anything, then it would likely just mean they were never really my friend. Either way, no problems so far xD As per said boy, thanks for the support, I'm currently crushing heavily on this blond boy xD Who may or may not be gay as well, he's very feminine for sure, but yeah, either I need to get over him, or I need to pursue him more ^.^
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:20 pm

I live in a small town founded on Christian principles, so there are plenty of homophobes around me. Unfortunately, this includes my father. My family really isn't too supportive of me, but with everything bearing down on you, you learn to get stronger and live. My time in high school with some people were rough, but I managed to get through it. It's harder than you can imagine, even though I'm just kinda nutshelling this.

I just wish the world would get along with each other, sheesh =/

And don't give up, Warrior! (Because warriors don't give up... lulz) You'll find a good man, one that fits right into your heart :]
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Pawprints : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:45 am

I have never been bothered by all the gay haters out there lol or the way people use the words. I learned a long time ago something that even tho being gay is a sin, acting the way people do is a even greater one because we are suppose to all love one another. It's sad how a mother will go see her son in jail who has committed murder but wont let her gay son be part of her family, and honestly if loving someone as deeply as I love my wife is a sin then well I rather be a sinner. It's just how some people are. Ignorant to the things that they can't see. I have always had a supportive family so I wouldn't know what it would be like to not have that support but I have lost so many jobs because of me being gay but that's TEXAS for you especially in this small as town I live in lol all I have to say is that many words are used differently for example BITCH where I come from is a word you call your friend or close relative but you gotta be careful how you use it. lol like "Bitch your funny" See it looks mean but when you have a tone that is friendly its a friendly term lol crazy but true.

and Warrior dont give up I have been with my baby for two years and we are getting married next year. I got lucky and really she found me when I was least expecting it. Just dont give up keep a opened mind and widen your variety of men. It helps Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:50 pm

So much rant-y-ness! But, we're all good people here. Because we all hate labels, and hate all the stupid things people do to make us different.

When I hear people use the term 'gay' to equal 'stupid', all I try and remind myself of is that words are flexible and change over time. Yes, I completely agree that to equate the term 'gay' to 'stupid' is, well, stupid. I'm gay, and yet I find myself using this term. Why? Because it's slang, because it's the teenage language, it's what I hear around me. Yes, I understand it's meaning. Yes, I understand it's origins. And, like a mature person, I can understand that it has multiple meanings. I'm not calling myself stupid, or any other homosexual stupid. That, in and of itself, is stupid.

For example. Look at all of the other swear words - they have multiple meanings, too. There's also a difference between calling someone a 'moron', an 'imbecile', and an 'idiot'. It all just comes down to the terminology and the understanding of it. One word in our culture might mean something completely different in another.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:33 pm

RANT RANT RANT RANT GLOMPS HUGS...fossy makes it all better ^^ *NOM*
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Labels belong on food products xD That's pretty much all I have to say for that, labels are probably the dumbest thing ever. And again I return to my stupidity of what I had typed earlier, which really isn't like me, considering I typically don't care about stuff like that too much. Words are nothing without connotation, and I just happened to be in a sour mood, again sorry Kips <3 Labels are for those who feel they need one, likely because of an insecurity.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:08 pm

I shall join your rant with a rant-y response. XD

It really sucks how people just have to categorize others just to make themselves feel better. For example, "I may be (insert label), but at least, I'm not (insert another label, but with a disgusted tone)." It's so stupid. I mean seriously, who the heck cares about labels, when you should care about the actual person... It's not like everyone in a certain label acts the same... I guess it's easier to put a group of people down than to think of that group as equals.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 9:12 am

*Was not myself last night

Sorry love, I was a little out of it last night, the entire day had been rather depressing, and to be completely honest I'm not really bothered, and I'm sorry if I offended you. I'm usually the complete opposite, words mean nothing until there is connotation behind them, that's what makes them have impact. Dumb Warrior was just sleepy/angry/ and sad altogether, which is clearly a bad idea >.> So yes again, I didn't mean to offend, and I'm sorry D:
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:14 am

And Warrior. You'll find him, he's out there... somewhere, we all have someone out there, it's just a matter of this life or the next, if you believe in that type of stuff, who knows...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 am

As much as I'd like to just... I wont.

You. -- "Gay, it originally meant happy, now its used to refer to homosexuals"

Me -- "Why is my life so gay sometimes"

Walk it. You'll see why I used it in a matter you so stated...just not in a 'happy' term...

And as for 'gay' used as a term for homosexual men and women... the last chick who called a kid that at a party I attended got her ass handed to her by me... I have friends and family here on this site and here in Alaska who I gladly stuck my name on the line in government speeches and government votes for 'their' rights...

But see that's what gets me. I don't really care of someone changes the name of a phrase... it's when we are classified in the army, it is when we are shooed from schools and parties... it's when we are spoken of as another type of human... I'm not gay anymore. I was. But I am not, and when I was. I was still the same human I am now... so when 'they' is thrown in there... or even when a homosexual states us 'heterosexuals' as 'they'... that's what I find messed up...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

PostSubject: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 11:30 pm

I really can't stand how words are being used for different meanings, which might seem confusing at first, but think about it. I mean sure its been happening forever but I dunno it kind of still bothers me, not that it can really change anything, but I need to rant a little. Gay, it originally meant happy, now its used to refer to homosexuals, i.e Me and others, and honestly shouldn't be used as stupid. I might read into a bit to much, but it comes off incredibly derogatory. It's quite seriously like insinuating that gays=stupid. Kippy I love you to death, as with all my wonderful harem xD, but it was your fb status that bothered me xD Don't take offense, because this is just me being stupid, but yeah, my little rant for today. This could simply be happening because I still have yet to catch the boy I want~

Sorry. I love you all, this won't change a thing, and yeah <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]   Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Really?[Rant: Read At Your Own Risk]
Page 1 of 1