Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.:. Lacrimosa Lake

Go down 
+5
mikalaisangel09
jaredrion
Bear
Hendaron
__silvers__
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

.:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Emerald eyes slowly opened at the sound of Evanescence's intriguing call. Corentine took one last glance about before turning her back on the patterns of her training. Some damage, but nothing broken. Had this been against a wolf, she wouldn't have held back. The trees did nothing to her but provide shelter, and draw prey in. Entering a run, she headed in the direction of the summoning howl, not knowing what'd happen, but excited. They'd finally find some action in the near future.

She slowed as she neared, noticing not many wolves were around. Having been further away, she'd thought she's arrive around the same time as the rest at her pace. Perhaps they were further than she thought... Coming to a stop, she glanced upwards at Evanescence's form, standing atop the rock so she'd be standing higher than the wolves she'd be addressing, as generals to their subordinates. Her own body stood at attention in accordance to the familiarity of the action that had been carefully cultivated.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm

Before any further action could be made, Vault's auds caught the call of Evon from behind where he and Mort had been ascending, her presence like a whisper that had followed them from the deep green darkness of the forest before the land kaskaded into the mercury waters of Lacrimosa. His orange orbs glanced back under a furrowed brow, as if his vision could penetrate the brush directly to meet the icy eyes looking from the pride rock. Without looking back to the other bru, he casually began to turn around to the direction of the lake. "Well so much for that," he said in a dark tone, referring to the hunt that would never commence. "Gluttony never served anyone right, anyway," he mumbled.

Hell-bringing was one on a short list of activities that would entice and bring out Vault's fullest potential, though he didn't call it by that name: he never thought death needed the glorified suffering of Hell to back up its pain. Hell was a myth, or at least a delayed punishment; he'd like to make it more than real. Vault lumbered his shoulder, his eyes glowing as usual and his muscle stretching and preparing itself under his coat with every movement. His mind had been in a light daze, the kind of tired feeling when a daunting, if not exciting, task looms and the body holds the excitement in; bottles the adrenaline for later use, not wanting to waste it now. He figured Mort would return back in time, not giving warning of his own leave, as he keyed in on the black arbors downrange and his pillars sprung their potential energy. His striding gallop was unhindered, wind passing overhead and trees guarding each side, giving him a sweet taste of what was to come as he glided through the darkness. Finally within sight of the silver liquid, it was not long before he had broke the clearing and slowed to a heavy trot, the weight on his legs dispersing through the sandy rock underfoot as he approached Evon and now Corentine. He wondered how she had gotten here from the borderlands before anybody else. He no longer looked to be seething with death wishes, disappearing as his gallop had moments ago. His features told little. Now standing alongside Corry at the rock that boldly lurched over the edge of Lacrimosa's waters, he gave no nod to authority and no audible acknowledgements. He just stared into Evon's orbs, the fire playing with her ice, waiting for what was next.

(Sent from phone)
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:50 am

Chimera flicked her ears once more at the noise of snapping jaws and colliding bodies. She smiled when he asked what there was to eat around here, a glint in those yellow eyes, as if knowing something she wasn't telling him yet.

"There is more to Lacrimosa than just rabbits." She said with a chuckle, her voice merrry and sweet, like hot blood on a hungry tongue. "Use your nose." She told him, smacking him playfully with her tail as they melted into the underbrush.

The scent of a few rabbits lingered in the air...mice...voles...as they moved further out another scent came. Fox. Edible and delightful to torture before swallowing. Then there was the scent of fear....heavily laced fear. It was delicious and pallatable and wonderfully intoxicating. "Ahh there they are." She murred softly almost drunk on the scent.

A small herd of deer, milled in a clearing. A smile kissed her maw. "There....see....fools they are to come here. They know who lives here and yet they brave the gauntlet...to reach the water rich with minerals here." She inhaled deeply. "They always come....in small groups....again and again....large deer...small deer...even some of the jungle occupants. The water's here at Lacrimosa draw them."

Her body quivered slightly with the rush of the scent and she looked at Rob with glowing yellow eyes. "That scent of their fear...always excites me." She breathed to him and licked her jaws before sliding into shadow to get closer to the milling herd. She then stopped hearing her Queen's beckoning call and she closed her jaws. Swiveling her head she looked at Robbie. "I guess we will have to save this for later?" She said disappointment in her tone.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 12:49 pm

ACTIVITY CHECK

I need to know who is still active within this thread. I would like to get this plot moving along now, but I can't do it without everyone's participation. If we do not have enough characters (five, at the very least), I will be accepting newcomers. I know we're all busy with activities outside of the site, and are trying to stay on track with what is happening in the packs, but we can't forget about this pack, too. Post your character, your character's current whereabouts, and try to post ASAP. Please and thank you, guys! I love you!

Active Members
Evanescence
Corentine
Epica
Maverick
Robbie

Last edited by __silvers__ on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 pm

((Corentine's where Evanescence is, waiting for the pack to gather and to see what Evon summoned them for))
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Ooc:|| Epica and Maverick are still there =))))
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 1:55 pm

Robbbbbieeee is still heree!!!
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:13 pm

Robbie was hot on Chimera's trail his body as close to hers as it could be without touching. He was intrigued when she ducked and began to stealth through the trees, he could feel the building excitement in her and his own excitement began to rise. His eyes widened in surprise when she brought him to a clearing and there before them was a small group of deer! His mouth watered with the desire for the delicious meat. He felt his muscles coiling prepared to spring forward grasp the creature by the throat. He was aware of Chimera's own musing being spoken aloud next to him and maybe if he wasn't so focused on the heat bouncing between their bodies, the predatory instinct rising in him he may have been alarmed at the fervor at which she spoke of fear..

Thought and sound were cut off when a call went through the skies and Chimera immediatley snapped to attention and by her lead he did as well. He met her gaze and frowned. Yes it did seem that they would have to wait...he could see the spark fading in her eyes and felt a pull to just turn back and continue hunting she needed food...he needed to provide for her...his mind snapped back and he took a step back and cleared his throat. "Maybe...later?" His voice was tight and he glanced nervously back to the clearing where Evon would be.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:46 am

OOC: Skipping forward a little bit, so we're all on the same page. I really want to get the ball rolling, so we'll start here. It's nothing too dramatically skipped.

.:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 5417753968_0bfe9a9aa0_z

They came. One by one, like leaves falling from the trees, before her on the pedestal. The leaves had stopped falling many moons ago, and now a crisp blanket of cold, white snow lay at her feet. Her breath was ice as she stood and watched them arrive, as she had beckoned them, their bodies ready and their ears open. They had earned their places in Lacrimosa... How to remember, that when she was young, she was standing in their place looking up at her father, the dark and powerful Nightwish. To be in this circle, as they were, used to be a blood rite. There was not much left of the Family now. She would have to make due to fill the holes. She would uphold the old ways until the last of the Lacrimosa bloodline sank into the depths of the earth. Honoring such a thing was a part of being royalty, a part of being the Wishmaster, the Queen. It was her reason de'etre.

"Welcome," she said, her voice as cold as the winter around them. "I have called this gathering to reveal to you why you are here. Why I called you here, so many months ago... To be truthful, you and I are both here for something that happened many, many years before our time. Alas, that is a story for another day." She paused, dark blue eyes finding her sister's. She knew the tale. The creation of the Lacrimosa wolves, the curse that lay upon them, scarred in their flesh and blood. At that same time, she spied a movement in the shadows; she paused, her stance alert, glaring at the spot. There was, no doubt, someone there. Someone that had managed to slip through the mist and trees to spy upon their gathering. She turned to her bodyguard, Corentine. Either the fem was not doing her duty, or... No. The eyes that belonged to the spy were light, rose-colored. A wicked smile overtook Evanescence's features and her composure relaxed. "Ah. My welcome extends to you, my sister. Within Temptation. Good to see you've finally found your way home," she said. She would address Temptation's whereabouts when the time came, after her speech. "For you know the story of our Family just as well as anyone."

She turned away and looked back to the wolves around her. "Once upon a time, there was a child. Her soul born blood red and her coat as silver as the mist. She is unlike any other in our generation; past, present, or future. Encased within her is the curse that binds myself and the Family you have been adopted into here. However, she does not reside within these lands. No. She was the sole survivor of her litter. I took her away from here, you see... Into the lands of Fire and Ice, with a pure pack called Midnight Meadows." The name tasted foul on her tongue, but she sneered at the thought of their noble hearts and good intentions. Fools, that's what they were. Fools with dreams. "So, there she remains. But now is the time for us to retrieve her, for she is a year old now, and is of age. There will be a blood moon this year, and she will be the key to us casting a shadow on all the lands. Her power is unlike anything any of you have ever encountered. Retrieving her may not be an easy task, but it is a necessary one."

She knew that some would stay and some would go. By now, there were enough wolves that wanted to serve the pack, as well as participate in the pack. The servers would protect the borders and safeguard the woodlands, and the rest would follow her down the path of danger. "Now, comes your final exam. Your last test, which may not be a test at all. It is more of... an initiation. Follow me. I mean this. Follow me, until your bones become dust and your blood turns to ice. Even when you cannot bear it, follow me. Do not let death stop you. I promise you, that if you do, you will know a bounty beyond your wildest desires. You will be Lacrimosa." With this final statement, she turned to the wide, placid lake at the heart of the forest. It was filmed over with thin ice, reflecting the full moon's light, like a plane of glass, dusted with snow. The white witch approached the shoreline and pressed her paws into it, the ice crackling, the freezing water seeping into her pads. She went deeper and deeper, to the point where it was above her chest, cerulean eyes full of challenge. The water around her was colder than any winter, but her mind, body, and soul were on fire; like this, she could not be harmed, could not be sickened. Either the wolves followed her in, or they would fail. It was a test of everything they had come to know - their strengths, their weaknesses, their hopes, their fears, their desires, their vengeances. She would not allow them to go further until they were beside her.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:05 am

Epica listened to her sister's speech. Lacrimosa was hell, and this was going to turn into hell. A smile would tug onto her lips but she kept it at bay, this was what she knew. Her eyes fell on Evon's for just a moment before the welcome of their sister brought back memories. She wanted to rush to her then, to approach her and ask where she had been, how she had been. She didn't want to spoil one moment though, Maverick's. Her eyes turned to the young male, who had grown fully aware of what his part to play would be in the future of this land. He had grown, his brown pelt had grown into a darker version of his fathers, while there were hints of white in there, a mystery to her, for his mother was of dark pelt like he... Epica would never be his mother through bloodline, but the boy resembled her more and more daily... the magic of home, the curse that would bind those who bid to their alliance to the home, just like Maverick had done for both Evon and her recently.

The male stood. He didn't hesitate, he wouldn't hesitate. He was in love with both the females that he had now grown around, reaching the age of one just days ago, from what Epica said, he was to take on the task that had been said to him while he ate, slept, and joined in pack activities. He breathed this task, he lived for this task and now he would do as that. He felt Epica join him at the waters edge. "Ready?" she spoke softly to him and his eyes were locked on Evon. "I'd die for her, I'll protect her with my life, and I will forever until my last breath, make sure she doesn't come to harm, I will never once let her feel alone, and I will never once let anyone let her know her purpose, and when she goes. I will go. Because I love her even if I have yet to meet her, just like I have loved you my whole life, and I have loved Evon, and everyone else here... but I promise I will kill you if you take her away from me" his eyes landed on his mothers, his adopted mother, and he nodded stepping into the water his words just barely a whisper to her so no one else would know... His voice had grown husky, old, defined and toned by Epica herself. He walked up to Evon and nodded, the water felt so cold on his flesh, the parts that passed through the thick winter coat pinched like needles. But as Epica came closer to him, and his body heat that stressed to push out against this cold water, was pushed back with their body heat and the water became warmer. When the others came it would grow maybe just a bit warmer, but the needle pinches were still there, he didn't show it though, he embraced it, he kept himself strong in the water, it let him know he was alive...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 pm

She listened and hear well. It was one of the things she'd done her whole life. Corentine felt some of the pieces falling to place, but definitely not all of it. The questions didn't matter, never mattered. The water would be cold, but... that was the point, wasn't it? Her steps took her to the edge and she peered down, not in hesitation, but preparation. There would be no second thoughts, ever, just discipline to slow down enough to be ready to forge ahead. Not all storms raged without thought. If a hurricane forged ahead deep into land without a water source, it would die, not matter how much it wanted to keep moving. It would cause more destruction and live that much longer if it stayed near water, jumping from source to source.

She took sure steps forward. There was no point in making the first few steps slow. That would cause hesitation. Better to soak up the cold and let it bite than dip a paw and pull it back. The water indeed bit and the coldness naturally caused some pain, but she was ready for it. Missions in rain and storm couldn't compare to this, but the experience had helped. Further and further she walked. The higher the water rose, the more she could feel her physical body's displeasure, the water starting to cause a tightening in her chest. She was determined, though, forging ahead. Pain was a fleeting thing, and she preferred feeling the pain. It let her know she was still far from death.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm

She met his eyes with her seemingly ordinary yellow tones and offered him a smile and she nodded. "Yes...we will continue this later." she agreed and met his eyes unwaveringly. Somehow when they met his...they didn't seem so ordinary and the depths of gold in her hues seemed to dance with an inner light. A deep breath flooded her nostrils and she would tilt her head. His essence,masculine and thick in the air, made her tail flick slightly and she calmly spoke. "Let us meet our queen. We don't want to keep her waiting."
Then before feelings were formed to thoughts in her mind she would lope off toward the clearing.

Silent as death they danced across the snow, fleeting shadows through the trees. It wasn't long before Chimera melted through the treeline and ghosted to stand beside her mistress. Her queen. She knew Robbie would be behind her. He was proving himself loyal indeed though there were times when she saw the struggle in his eyes yet and she wondered just what he was torn with. She had him though...she thought...or close to it. Her thoughts on Robbie were distracted once more when Evon spoke. Golden gaze pulled to her queen's face and she sat at attention, ears flicked forward drinking in every word.

...We are going to retrieve a pup...the pup...Chimera remembered that time after they reached here...the scent of blood and newness but Evon had taken it away and fawned her attentions on herself....a slight jealousy welled in her for a heartbeat. Her eyes blinked as she reeled. Swallowing she refocused. Feelings were nothing. The queen had saved her...named her...she belonged to the queen...she owed her...everything.

The sickening crack of ice snapped her own mind and she without hesitation would stand and silently follow Evon into the dark water. Death in winter. Her paws touched the icy liquid and it sent pins of hot pain into them. So cold it burned. She smiled and looked over at Robbie and wagged her tail. "For Lacrimosa..' she breathed, her tone seductive and sweet and she glided into the dark water to stand beside her queen.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Pawprints : 573

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 2:02 am

OOC: Vault is where I left, on the pride rock where Evon was

He tried to feel it…he searched inside himself, he heard the growl of his heartbeat, and that was perhaps all, but he was sure that particular organ did not have a function in his anatomy…it didn’t even tell him he was living; it just made a sound, a hollow, steely sound at that. Vault was aware of the changes occurring around him: he had relaxed onto his haunches, patient and waiting, as one by one the other wolves had gathered to hear Evon’s famous last words before they truly embarked on an irreversible mission…a deed that was not for fun and games, but a pup theft, as outsiders might see it. From the sounds of Evon’s hardened briefing, only great things would come for them in retrieving this individual. He felt out of touch with such a motive by Evon, the one who they called queen. But what caught his attention most, what peaked his interest, was the mention of Midnight Meadows. And not simply was it a statement, but a reminder of his early life, the mere thought of which brought a wrinkle of disgust to his lips and poisoned the air with odious squalor. The she-wolf obviously held them as enemies, too. The thought of taking a psychological stab into that niche of ignorance, one that mirrored the pure pack he had grown into as a heathen whelp, brought about a deep stirring. Not even the ripples of his thoughts hit the surface of his face, yet the churning tempest hiding behind his orbs remembered when he was that whelp, who no one cared to love and who had nothing, not even the womb from which he came, that would miss him. Granted, all of those raw memories could be considered the makeup of a grudge, but he wanted to settle the score. If he couldn’t harm those who had made his life a “Pure” Hell, than he would damage those like them. A bloodmoon-induced yearling of the future sounded useful to turn against them after all.

As “initiation” commenced, Vault glanced about at the unfamiliar pelts that populated this gathering. There were the sisters of the queen, the one’s scent being well-versed in the measures of these lands (as well as the scent of the young male that hung by her), while the other seemed to have recently arrived. Then there was the bru attached to the femme who he encountered at the Black Pearl. He guessed from the looks of things that she was probably using him for personal needs. Such a shame…well, not really to Vault, but nevertheless, this updated group made him reflect on why he thought he should stay here, as each of the other wolves entered the fiery waters in the frigid Lacrimosa winter. After all, he had never intended to follow orders, even if they did not really feel like commands over him; he had been well-off to fend for himself, and capable to pursue his own goal without having to be mindful of the welfare of comrades. Seemingly the last to make for the frozen pools, he moved fluidly towards the lake, yet it felt in slow-motion, for now was one of the few times he questioned sticking around this macabre landscape for the past months. It was his last chance to back out, the final moment to cut strings and remain the solitary figure he had always tried to be. He doubted he could ever return the sins dealt to him by following others, even if he had honed specific abilities for working with this group. But as he finally reached the water, he broke the threshold. He would be forever cursed to these lands, no matter what became of their whereabouts in the coming future. The mystical liquid clung to his bulky, brown winter coat as it faded to black under the water’s surface. As the lake pierced his skin and wrapped around his lungs, he just stared ahead, not focusing on what was happening to his body. He stood to about lower chest depth, in-line with the others. He realized that what he had been trying to find in himself before was something, anything that gave the sensation of feeling. Though it was dull, he could sense pain from the icy waters. At least he was sure he could still feel something.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Pawprints : 867

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Mort

Mort had wandered off, something had him distracted and his dual personalities had been arguing aloud over what exactly they where following. "I swear I saw a cow!"
"A cow?" "Here?" "Yeah, where else, it's not like they are so rare around these parts." Mortifactus just sighed. "Everything you say just works in your disadvantage Mort." "Says the pathological liar." Mortifactus had his answer ready, but they where interrupted by Evon's call. Just in time it seemed, as their arguing had distracted them from which path they had token, and they now stood one paw away from Mort's cave entrance. Looks like the boss is calling, your in control, Mortifactus. Where Mort's last words as his voice faded. "Lazy bastard." Mortifactus grumbled, as he proceed towards the point from which the call originated. Mortifactus wasn't ever scared of something, but even he had to admit this place carried something, unnatural. Yeah, unnatural, that was the closed he could get to it.

Not that Mort was disturbed by it, the crazy bastard. Mort seemed hardly disturbed by anything, really. Shrugging of the thought and concentrating on the way before him, he spotted figures wading into the wave, his milky eyes picking out Evon at the front. Mortifactus froze a moment, contemplating that something nasty was about to happen when he waded into the lake. Steeling his resolve, he went downhill at a steady running pace. "Best get over with it quickly. I hate water." His words weren't even cold before he cursed them. Like an avalanche, he could feel Mort waken from his mental slumber, and take over the body they both shared with such a force he didn't even tried to resist. "By Fenrir." where the last words he mumbled, before Mort took over.

to all the wolves down in the lake, the usual sounds of splashing and the eerie silence of the forest broken up by one word "Wateeeeeeeer!" If one was to look towards the source of the sound, they would see a white shimmer flashing downhill, heading straight for the lake, leaping the last part, and come down with a "Spleeee!". Followed by a splash, another "Yaaay!!!", and a white figure making his way towards the group, half swimming half jumping like an overjoyed dog. Mort would prefer squirrel though. He closed in pretty quickly, taking place near Vault, very probably sending some splashes over the brute.

Ooc: I love this character, but the color coding is a pain >_<
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:30 pm

A smile curved the white witch's lips as they disturbed the placid surface of the lake, sending icy ripples through her bones, their bodies soon melting with the darkness so that only their glowing eyes could be seen. Even Mort, who she had assumed missing, returned with fervor, tearing through the waters as a child would. Here they all were: Mort, Chimera, Vault, Epica, Temptation, Corentine, Robbie. They were not many, but they were strong, tight-knit, elite. Perfect soldiers.

"Now we will break the waters of Fire and Ice," she said from the center of the lake. She was practically immune to its cold by now. "And bring down the worlds some of them hold so dear. We will take what is ours, and give nothing back but pain and misery. Now, is the time when Lacrimosa will rise." She now walked past each and every one of them, as if she were walking down an invisible island, back onto land. The earth was warm and soon the night would be over to breach into a warm day, with spring on the way. They had labored all of last summer and autumn, and honed their toughest skills in winter. She had waited for this day to come, and for what more lay ahead. She turned to her followers.

"Only a select few need to come with me now to retrieve the Child, the key to our plans. Corentine and Vault. Follow me to Midnight Meadows. The rest of you report to Epica. Know that she has just as much power here as I do. Disrespect her and I will have your head. Feed yourselves, if you will. Game is returning with the spring, and I expect none to be lazy when I return," she commanded, flicking her tail for the ones she named to follow. She took off in a lope for the southeast, streaming through the tall trees as silently as the shadows did, purpose in every gait and her sharp, cerulean eyes set on the goal ahead.

As soon as Evon left, Temptation scurried out of the water as quickly as she cold, shivering. She hated the cold, and hated the lake more. Why did she come back? Pale orbs glanced at Epica, knowing she was likely to be asked this question. She knew they needed to catch up, as that is what family did. She shook off the icy water, her stomach growling as she did. She was starving, and unfortunately, made for a poor hunter. She didn't have the brutality that her sisters did, and it was why she wasn't surprised that Evon didn't call her name to go with her to Midnight Meadows... She remembered the place, the wolves, and even the name, though it used to be a different one. Avithine Lotric. She still didn't understand what it was exactly Evon had so against them, but Temptation understood long ago that it was difficult to understand Evon to begin with.

She approached Epica, seeing that she was both in charge, and the only wolf present that she knew. "So... Are we going to hunt?" she asked, thinking of Evon's suggestion. Again, she wasn't the best at hunting, but she was hungry. The least she could do was scout out the kill for them. She wanted to catch up with her as well, but she needed food first, and maybe they could talk over the meal. She looked around at the others; a young, angsty-looking white male, an older male with a crimson coloration on his maw and a strange look in his eyes, a slender female grey wolf, and of course, her sister. She had yet to introduce herself to them, but she wasn't sure how to speak to them. Shyness overtook her. Evon treated them as family, but that didn't mean they were, as she and Epica were. It was something she would have to get used to in her homelands.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:43 am

She appeared to have taken little note when the others ventured in, including Mort's loud reappearance. That didn't prevent her from glancing at him for the corner of her eye, inwardly a little vexed, but eyes retaining their neutrality. A trying persona wasn't close to the more enduring things she'd had to deal with. Evanescence walked among their standing forms, beckoning Vault and herself. Corentine moved to exit the biting water, not sad to leave its grasp.

Out of the water, she did refrain from being enthusiastic when lightly shaking her coat off, enough to stop dripping. The rest will dry with travel, and the remaining droplets didn't feel as bad now that she wasn't standing chest high in the stuff. Evon picked up speed, and Corentine followed her pace, sparing only a quick look at Vault's way to see where he was, before keeping her gaze ahead, curious how this trip will end.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 8:11 pm

Mort had stopped his splashing when Evon spoke. Aww, I have to stay home... Truly disappointed, he turned around, and started wading back to the shore, a lot less enthusiastic then when he had splashed in. "Why do the others get all the fun.." He grumbled to himself. Maybe if you didn't acted like an idiot, Evon would take us more serious, spoke his other part. Mort only snarled, a sign Mortifactus interpreted to back of and leave him alone. He started heading back for the cave, not noting whatever business everyone else was doing, and soon he disappeared between the misty forest.

It didn't take him long to find his shelter, and he descended into the deep, a sour scent invading his nares. The bodies had been lying there a little to long now. He didn't mind, still grumpy as he was, and settled down on his favorite rock, a familiar skull staring at him. "What are you looking at?" He spoke, before poking the skull with his paw, so that it faced the opposite direction. "Just what I thought."

It didn't take him long to get bored though. Soon he was lying on his back, counting the stalactites in his cave, giving up after number forty three. "Im booored.." the cave echoed his words, and he couldn't help but note that the echoes always appeared to came from the same direction. His cave wasn't large enough for that, so curiously he jumped up, and headed after his own echo.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am

Robbie followed her, just like she knew he would. How could one describe an enchantment where he was bound body and soul yet not bound at all? He felt his mind being consumed, memories drifting into the past. He felt a tightness in his chest but he could no more think about it then he could take his eyes off of Chimera. As they approached the clearing his eyes ticked to each one of the wolves. They were not the type that lived in Tirisfal. Theses were more unsavory characters that he never imagined he would be about. And yet he could sense the raw...power coming off of them and he felt the pull as Evon's words wrapped around them all drawing them closer. He felt his skin prickle, his hairs rising up as he watched the ivory witch descend into the waters, the sound of ice cracking send chills down his spine. And at last, always at last his eyes landed on Chimera. Her intense fixation of Evon multiplied his fiaxation on her and he could not look away. All of Evon's words of the child...a special child washed over him perhaps a little too easily than a younger Robbie would've allowed. When the pack stepped forward, when Chimera stepped forward, he was right beside her.

The water was shockingly cold and it raced along his body making him shiver but he did not mind it. The water that had flowed into the valley had been worse than this at times. As he reached to chest deep the place in his heart that had clenched at him was washed away in the icy lake....

Emerging with everyone else he barely listened to Evon because her instructions had not involved him, though he was interested in a hunt. Though hunting exclusively with Chimera like that had been something he preferred he supposed that now the whole pack would be in on it now. He looked at the femma who was called Epica that was named leader while the Queen was gone but she was giving no instructions so he walked up alongside Chimera waiting to see what she would say. It had seemed like she was more the Queens hand and he'd rather listen to her any day.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Pawprints : 573

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 9:34 am

Vault focused back onto the realty of his situation as he remained in the lake, the cold tendril fibers of water stabbing into him like barbed wire. It was a serene yet everlastingly depressing, perhaps intimidating landscape. But he could sense the disturbance coming. It wasn’t long before the white-pelted blur came at screaming speeds down a hill, into the clearing, and full-throttle at the lake’s liquid. The resulting splashes over his flank, followed by Mort’s jovial, rambunctious break into the silence, was not exactly welcome. His side now dripping with chill, Vault ever so slowly turned his head on its axis to face Mort, orange orbs glaring. He had come to accept the behaviors of this split-personality psychotic. But he’d get him back one day.

Upon hearing his name and hearing his calling, Vault tore from the stare to look at the Queen. He was chosen for a reason, and a smirk at the crook of his maw almost let itself play out, yet it was easily suppressed. He turned 180 degrees and strode through the pool’s clutches, his powerful legs somehow not making an impression or ripple in the environment until he touched the grayed sands, as though there was always a covered-up yet impeccable finesse behind his movements. Taking no time to interject or comment, not even to shake himself from the cold wetness, he scanned Lacrimosa and its occupants one last time before nodding and taking off with the other two.

He wasn’t quite sure if this could be the last time he saw this place.

The air blew his deep brown hair back in a streamline as he approached higher speeds, drying him in unique fashion while moving through trees and brush at the far right of Corentine and now slightly behind the lead of Evon, ready for what was to come.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:00 pm

Chimera stood her body resisting the urge to shiver, accepting the cold liquid that slid over her grey form like dark frigid blood. Her golden eyes looked over to Robbie, he hadn't hesitated in following her. She smiled at him. The thought warmed her. She held him...not Evon..she realized. The thought gave a rush through her. She never thought any evil against her goddess but knowing she held something that Evon didn't made her heart thud slightly. The thought was pulled from her as Evon slipped from the dark waters and commanded her orders.

She gently nudged Robbie and she too would let the icy water slip from her seemingly normal grey pelt. Ears flicked forward though in surprise as she listened to Evon take Corentine and Vault...on this mission...for this pup. That sliver of jealously flared again and she shook the water from her pelt. She even left Epica in charge...a deep breath. Perhaps it was because Evon didn't want everyone to know that she was close to Evon....perhaps. She would do as she was told. Evon was her life giver...her moon goddess...she owed her everything. She would have died in that desert otherwise.

Licking her maw she lifted her jaw and glanced at Robbie then turned her eyes toward Epica. The queen had commanded a hunt. so hunt she would. "Come Rob." she tilted her head. "Shall we continue our hunt....there are many mouths here and mine is empty. It would be wise to send out more than one group." She said aloud as to confirm her decision, plus the running would warm them.

Without another word she pivoted and loped into the undergrowth. She knew that Robbie would follow her...and she grinned. Without looking she spoke. "Run run as fast as you can..' Their prey would have no mercy today.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 pm

His ears flicked as his name rolled off her tongue and his attention was hers once more. This fem Epica would lead no hunt it seemed so Chimera would pick up the command and their previous mission. Glancing around at the remaining wolves he wondered if anyone would actually participate, they seemed to have scattered pretty nonchalantly. Turning back he picked up his stride catching up in a few bounds. It felt good to move after stepping in the icy chill of the lake. He knew by the time the hunt was done he would be more than warmed up and full to boot. The thought of meat made him salivate and a deep growl rumbled through his chest. Time to finish what they had started earlier and maybe with a little help. His young muscles yearned for the run and the desire to kill for his...his ..pack..was strong. This was his pack now, these wolves that gathered around this gem in the wasteland. The thought was odd but once he had the thought something that had been restless settled inside him and made him feel better. "Same place?" He questioned Chimera, his nose was up eager for the scent of prey.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Chimera's ears flicked forward catching Rob's words as they moved within the territory. "Yes." She said and giving him a smile. "We hadn't spooked them. They should still be there unless one would have happened to come upon our scent." Her grin turned upward more wickedly. "And if they have let their fear stink lead us straight to them."

She flicked her tail and would weave in and out of the trees, a grey ghost intent on it's next victim. She opened her mouth and licked her nose to draw in the scent more deeply into it. The deer herd, foolish enough to come to the edges of Lacrimosa was still near by. The time that Lacrimosa had been vacant of wolves was enough for the deer to grow less wary. It would be their downfall for sure. 

Slowing she crept to spy on them. There were many fat does, perhaps there would be late fawns in some of those bellies. A young tender morsel to rip apart.Yellow eyes glowed, lingering before looking to Rob once more. "Why don't you take the lead in this hunt?" She offered him. A double edged sword. It would give him confidence if he suceeded...if he failed well...that was another matter entirely.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 6:04 pm

OOC: So... Because Kippy hasn't replied to anything in ages... I'm going to take a little creative liberty here. Not powerplaying, just shifting the direction of the conversation so her character (Epica) will be less involved...

Within Temptation was forced to take Epica's silence as her answer, seeing the wolves disperse instead of commence, as they had when Evon called. That was no surprise. Though Evon's word was law, and though they followed it accordingly, Epica was not Evon. Temptation sighed in frustration. "I don't know what's going through your head, sister, but know that I am always willing to lend an ear," she said softly, turning away to follow the grey female and the male yearling that vanished between the trees. She heard the one with the strange markings give out a queer cackle, and said nothing as he went off on his own; she was glad he did, for an uneasy, creeping feeling had settled on the back of her neck while he was around. She didn't doubt his insanity. Putting her nose to the air, she followed the scent of the other two wolves, bounding in swift, silent strides through the ever-present fog that cloaked the forest floor.

The alabaster wolf slowed as she approached, seeing the two of them stand side-by-side, exchanging words. They were almost... too close, but not quite. She came up beside the female, silvery orbs desiring her gold ones; it made her wonder, at this moment, which of them was more in charge. In Evon's absence, there was Epica, but who was it at this very place in time? Was it this fem, who was not of Lacrimosa blood, but just as honed in their rituals and bound in their beliefs? Or was it herself, who had abandoned the pack for three years, only to return with just her blood to claim? She didn't know, but she looked away, wanting to only get the female's attention, not challenge her. Temptation had never been one for dominance, afterall. That was Evon's trait. While Evon had been trained as an assassin, and Epica as an herbalist, she was a mere scout, when the true Lacrimosa pack had been dwelling within these woods.

Just then, a soft, cold breeze slithered through the thick cluster of trees, carrying a strange, ancient sound. It was enough to make Temptation's ears pinprick and send a shiver through her spine; she didn't know what it was, nor where it was coming from, but that it was unpleasant. Some of the deer within the herd before them noticed it, too, pausing to raise their heads, great brown eyes searching for danger, ears up and ready to flee. Temptation held her breath and closed her eyes, hoping that whatever this was did not destroy their hunt, her stomach caving for food. But it only lasted a moment, and the deer returned to their grassy feast. Again, her eyes went to the grey female beside her, wondering if she, too, and heard or felt the unfamiliarity. Whether she did or did not, Temptation lowered her head. "I'm here to hunt," she said. "Tell me where to go, and it will be done.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:54 pm

Chimera looked at Temptation as she approached, hearing her padfalls as she drew near. Golden eyes turned to her and then flicked her ears forward waiting to see if this sister of her goddess would challange her for leadership of the hunt. Knowing Evon, Chimera would have thought for sure she would but then a soft , cold breeze filtered through the trees. She turned her attention away from the white fem and ears flicking forward. Something was strange...it rose gooseflesh under her fur. 

The deer down in the herd below noticed it too. Then the breeze stopped and the herd relaxed below. Something was wrong...that was an ill wind. Silence befell her as she pondered it but Temptation broke her concentration as she spoke. Blinking golden eyes she nodded and was glad Temptation was not challanging. 

Chimera nodded. "We will be glad for the extra help..." She said looking at Rob. "I gave Rob the lead on this hunt..." She said lifting her chin and glancing at her compantion. "So he shall direct this time. Though let us be done with it quickly...I fear something is a foot." she said letting her eyes scan the forests once more and flicking her tail. 

Hurry...her innerself said...hurry and be done with it ...something comes. Though her outward appearance having been honed by Evon herself showed no worry or concern at all, just a hunger in those golden hues.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 am

Mort raced through the caverns, trying to shake off the big mass of claws and teeth that was intent on shredding him to bits. This was your worst idea ever! "How could I know?" He spoke, already panting from the heavy exercise in fleeing death. he had been wandering the seemingly endless underground caverns, when he had found a spacious cave with a big brown heap of furs lying in the middle. Aaand of course he had to poke it. the bear, stirred fro his sleep, had not been fond of the affection, and Mort was pretty sure that when it could catch up with him, it wouldn't just poke him. "Just a little bit further..." He could almost feel the breath of the bear in his neck. By Fenrir (not that he believed in gods) that thing was fast. Duck! Mort obeyed his counterpart, and narrowly avoided decapitation by rolling on the side, the claw scraping the stone where his head had been scant moments ago. He is not gonna make this easy. "You think?" Panted Mort.

The behemoth was now blocking the way between Mort and the narrow tunnel that would have lead him to freedom. Narrowly avoiding another swipe by skidding behind another stalactite, things where heating up. Suddenly, he bear's had came into view, jaws big enough to snap Mort in half. Mort jumped over it, and suddenly found himself on top of the bear's ragged back. "How?" Hold on! He sunk his teeth in the great beast's back as it tried to shake the pest of his back. unable to hold up long, Mort was flung off, bear fur in his mouth, and slammed against the wall, the air been forced out of his lungs. The last thing he saw before passing out was the bear's fangs closing in. Well, Mort, buddy, it was a nice ride. "Yeah, shame of how it ends." Then blackness overcame him.

after what appeared ages, he opened his eyes. He was supposed to feel death, why was he still feeling pain? the dizziness started to fade and the world came back into view. To be more precise, the bear's opened jaws came into view. It was inches from his face, but it didn't came closer, strange as it was. Was time frozen or something? It only took him a glance upwards to realize the truth. Where the bear's skull had once been, a jagged piece of rock now jutted through, pinning the bear's head in place. He had narrowly escaped death by sheer luck, that the tremor of him being smacked against the wall had effectively saved his life. Seems it was not meant to end for us after all. His inner voice spoke, still adapting to the fact they where still alive. "Mortifactus?" Yeah? "I think I pissed myself..."
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

Ever obedient Robbie followed Chimera back into the woods to where they had previously been. The scent of deer still thick on the wind, grazing not too far from their position. His eyes wandered the herd instinctually seeking out the weakest member. Before he could speak Chimera spoke to him and his attention was instantly hers once more. His ears flicked back when she spoke of her desire for him to lead the hunt and he felt a moment of uncertainty but squashed it and nodded his head resolutely. I will not fail. A strange scent wrapped around his nose and he fought the urge to sneeze lest he alert the deer. It was foul smell, acrid and....something unsettling. He felt his hair raise slightly and his jaw clench but otherwise made no noise. What the hell was that? Chimera did not comment on it so he turned his attention back to the herd..

Just as he was making decisions to where and when to move in another wolf joined them. He cast his eyes at this femmora who was the kin of Evon. He wondered briefly if that added to her rank here or if she had one at all. Looking at Chimera to maneuver these politics he did not speak. It seemed she only wished to aid the hunt and nothing more, just like a pack. Swallowing Robbie nodded to her once it was finished. He wanted to get this done with as quick as possible, his whole being felt unsettled and he could not pinpoint why. Touching Chimera on the shoulder for a silent indicator of silence and not moving he turned suddenly and loped off into the trees. 

Very carefully he wound his way through the trees being cautious not to be seen. The wind was not favoring him at this angle but if he moved quick enough without alerting the herd who already seemed spooked it would end up working in his favor. Positioning himself as best he could  on the opposite side from where he had been previously standing with the two femmes he became aware that multiple members of the herd had their heads up, ears flicking nervous and searching the trees. Well damn, given away before it even started.. Huffing he shook his pelt in one last pull of courage dashed forth the deer already on edge plunged away from his startling form. He barked viciously as if he were a pack instead of only one. And just as his father had told him a long time ago there were always a few that broke away, always the fool that did not stay with the safety of the herd. A mother and younger doe dove into the forest...right towards the waiting pair..
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 1:08 pm

OOC: Also... Well, considering that Epica was originally my character, and Kippy's absence, I'm going to playing her for a while. I think we're all familiar with the current situation at hand. I'm only playing Epica because she is essential to this ongoing plot.

Temptation glanced at Robin. He was young, more than a yearling going by his size, and she questioned if he would have the ability to lead them. She didn't say this aloud, of course; she had confidence in this... What was her name? Chimera? Something like that, she wasn't quite sure how to pronounce it. Formalities had never been her strong suit. Regardless, Temptation understood that Chimera wasn't stupid. Evon may have put Epica in charge, but it was clear that Chimera was also suited to lead in their Queen's absence. Temptation herself had been missing for far too long to be considered anything important... Much less even be a part of the Lacrimosa pack, or what was left of it, anyways, salvaged together by Evon. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened, though. Where did their father, the legendary Master Nightwish and his elites, vanish like stardust? They were, as all Lacrimosas were, tied to the land and the lake. The most that could be assumed was that they were dead, and is why Evon heralded the pack as she did now, though it was from wolves of foreign blood... A peculiar decision, by Evon's standards. Did she even try to have pups of her own? It would have preserved their family much more than adoption.

Wrapped up in these unanswered questions and strange revelations, she almost didn't notice that the hunt was now underway. She slunk next to Chimera's right flank, and to her surprise, found Epica on the left side, who pulled up into place without remark or announcement. She must have been listening in on them the entire time. She found it surprising that her sister had accepted following both Rob, a scant yearling, and Chimera, a foreign leader, on the hunt. Was this just another example of how things had changed since she had been gone? Temptation wasn't sure. Her sisters had never shown any sign of change in the past, why would they now?

Rob's bark echoed down the clearing as he burst into it, scattering the herd, and sending two does their way. Temptation readied herself for Chimera's signal, but Epica broke rank and launched herself at the closer of the two, appearing like the white jaws of death from the shadows. She tackled the deer at its shoulder and clung onto it, but was not enough to weigh it down just yet. She snarled and clawed at it, refusing to give up, and Temptation looked to Chimera in shock for some kind of direction. For one, it was a surprise that Epica had shown up in the first place, and for another, it was not a surprise that she ignored Chimera's lead and took initiative. The other doe was coming closer, and a decision had to be made, and Temptation had never made for a decent hunter...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: .:. Lacrimosa Lake   .:. Lacrimosa Lake - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

.:. Lacrimosa Lake
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next