Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Haters gonna hate!

But, racism is just going to be one of those prevalent things in society. You can't get rid of it completely, because it will always exist; it's the same as trying to get rid of (for example) discrimination against women. Sure, we can get angry about it, but we can't change the tolerance levels of other people.

I went to a school that had a very mixed racial community. We had an even distribution of whites, blacks, and latinos, with a decent percentage of asians, pacific islanders, native americans, and european foreigners. I found many people that were tolerant of the mixed races (me being one of them), and others that were severely not. But because on a serious level I'm able to tolerate and look past our differences, I'm able to joke light-heartedly about it.

You're going to find stupid people in the world. Like this girl. She can't see past her own culture, and probably hasn't learned much about an asian one, nor asian-american. They say that ignorance is bliss, but it also makes you look like a freaking moron.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:13 am

Yeah, Youtube comments are not even worth going near. It only makes me mad to see the stupid things people say, and spas over the STUPIDEST things.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:59 am

Nope, you're not ignorant, Bear. Nothing ever gives anyone an excuse to hate on a whole race like that, unless you know for sure it's true. What you said is pretty darn right. That makes you a whole lot better than some people who are in college or even working.

Yeah, I agree it should be ignored... although it's really difficult to, because racism is a hugely talked about thing still, in some places. I'm not one of those people who'll post a response to this on youtube or anything, 'cuz I don't want to add more to the flames, but I have to vent somewhere, yeah? -_- (my Asian side is mad, and my white side is so mad that it doesn't even want to think about her. haha)
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:53 am

That was a little bit of generalized ignorance by myself in firing back like that, but it seemed pretty necessary
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:48 am

Well...I think I feel slightly stupider for hearing what she had to say. I'm not an expert with racism. I'm 15, I live in the suberb outskirts of a city, and I'm white. If anything, I don't see too much rascism coming my way, or at anyone else for that matter. But when someone is ignorant enough to take time out of their life to bash an entire race of people that clearly are not very familiar with, they're not worth paying attention to, and probably an American teenager. And this is just one of the many reasons why the rest of the world mocks America even though our country is supposed to be a "superior". The fact that she claims herself to be a "polite american" just kills me. I think I knew what she was going to look like even before I saw the video. Just keep this in mind, akka: the highpoint in her life will be when she is qualified to be a waitress at a low-end restaurant chain. I don't hate either (in fact, I'm being way too harsh), but if you have the IQ of a rusty shovel, it's probably best if you don't speak your thoughts to the world.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:46 am

Ok, if you heard/saw this video of this college girl ranting about Asians in the library well.. this is just the link to the video, and I need to rant a bit... check that... a LOT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIT7X5EB3IY

Dude... I'm just like wtf? mostly because I'm half asian, but even more so because I can't stand people who are really racist like that... The thing that bothers me most is that she's generalizing- BIG time- and she's talking about people coming from China so casually. Come on... I'm sure nearly any immigrant, even children and teens, have worked much harder than she did in her entire life. I have so many things to say about this video, but I'm just so MAD. I'm kinda using this to rant a bit, so feel free to ignore the next bit.

But seriously... who in the heck gets an epiphany in political science class... especially a person like her? I shudder at the thought. Non-asians shouldn't try to imitate asian accents when they don't know how to structure any sentences... and don't try to group fake chinese accent with the country of Japan, because Japanese people speak Japanese... not Chinese. Ermmm... dude... in college people DO talk on their phones in the library... and eat... and drink. Just get noise cancelling earphones... ...Even arguments full of bs and fallacies on youtube should be spoken by people who are at least covering their body adequately... Seriously... we can't take care of ourselves? All we need to know to take care of ourselves is to know how to boil water and cook rice. Everything else is easy after that.

...Yeah... lots more rants (like, statistically, how many people are actually raised to be polite now? less than a third of the the population, surely), but yeah... :clenches hands: I don't hate her, because of my upbringing, but I can say be politer and say I feel very unfortunate about her atrociously closed mind and lack of etiquette and whatever caused her to grow up very intolerant and/or unable to adapt to situations, which all will make her very, very unfit to make relations that count.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)   This is so messed up... (I'm ranting) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is so messed up... (I'm ranting)
Page 1 of 1