Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paths cross...

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hendaron

Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Pawprints : 867
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 3:18 pm

[Tada, dibs for Pickles]

Jester

His paws padded the dry dirt. It was a desert, or something close to that. He knew, that with every passing year, more drinking holes would dry up, and eventually the desert would expand into the pack lands. It was the unstoppable doom of the lands of fire and ice, a plan made and carried out by mother nature herself. But, it would take many years, several hundred, perhaps more then a thousand years for the hot sands to acomplish this, but at the end, it would become reality. He knew, because the same... thing destroyed his homeland. But, as this was just another future event, he didn't cared. He would make it more of a priority to establish himself in these lands, and live a good life, before the curtain of death dropped down on him. This was his stage, his play of life. His father thought him so, and he knew for it to be true. He descended from the hill where he had this, seemingly endless view of the sands and lands beneath him. Time to move, after all, the audience wouldn't be pleased with just a single act. He quickened his pace, ready to intervene in the stability andorder of this land.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Number of posts : 50
Pawprints : 94
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Ayla was tired. Really tired. Her paws were dragging her forward, while she felt the hot sand under them. She had walked a long way already, but she didn't want to stop moving. She wanted to be as far apart of the 'family' that had basically banned her from her homeland. She was looking around, very slowly, to see if she could find some water. She saw there was not a lot of it left: there were little pools spreaded over the area. She slowly walked up to one off the pools and drink until she was satisfied enough to walk on for another while. She started thinking: where is this going to end? Am i supposed to just keep walking and never stop? She didn't knew. After a long time, she desided to sit down somewhere she had some shelter. She was hungry, but opposite to her father and sister, she didn't like to kill. As much as she wanted to eat, she wanted to wait until she was starving. Her father never understood that from her, probably because her father was a wolf that liked to kill just for the adrenaline.
She wanted to rest, get some sleep. And maybe go hunting tomorrow. Her eyelids felt heavy, her body and mind crushed. She fell in a restless sleep. Hoping she would survive tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Jester

Jester was padding along the dunes, wondering which suprises fate would throw at him, when he almost stumbled nose-first on one. Several mettres down the dune, a femme had laid herself down. Right in the middle of the sun, at the middle of the day. Jester knew that this only could mean that or she was injured, or she didn't knew how to fend for herself. Or her brain was toasted. In the latter case, there was little he could do, but if it was any of the two other, he could make himself a friend. While he walked down, his tail wagging, he wondered whether this was a good or a bad thing. He closed in on her, and letted his shadow block the sun from her head. Then he would speak out. "Hey there, my fine lady, you seem a little out of place here, I wonder if it's good to sleep in the middle of these unforgiving sands." meanwhile poking her muzzle with his paw.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 4:54 pm

She awaked from her little rest, as she could tell from the sun that hadn't moved alot since she fell asleep. She saw a wolf: she could tell he was male, his coat was red, he was big and his blue orbs looked down on her. He had asked her what she was doing here, in the kindest way a wolf ever did. 'Yes, i am indeed. I felt tired and then any place is good enough to fall asleep.I am not familiar with this area, do you know this place better?' She felt weak, her orbs were only half opened, irritated by the strong sunlight. She tried to stand up as good as she could. She looked the male in the eyes and asked: 'What's your name?' She started walking around for a bit, stretching her paws, and while she did this, she yawned. She was glad she found some company, or in this case: someone found her as company.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:06 pm

Jester

"While every place may seem comfortable to sleep, some may prove to be dangerous or deadly if chosen unwise. And indeed, while i have little experience with this particular lands, I am accustomed to desert life. I already saw several shelters and dens, and one is not far off. In fact it's a little treasure, it even has water, and thus prey." Judging from her voice that she wasn't injured of any sort, he turned on his heels, and walked back to the hill he went down from. "Ill show you." he said, while waving his his tail. So exiting, another actress in this play of life, he wondered on how well she would perform, but decided he would judge her later. He didn't wanted her to drop dead because of dehydration or so, and there where other concerns as well. After all, there could be danger, not because of her, but of other predators. While he padded up the hill, his blue orbs scanned the hills, dunes and valleys.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:22 pm

She was impressed off the way this wolf talked, he seemed so calm, while still being the predator he was. She saw him walking up a hill, trying to show her where she was and where there were dens. She followed him, and looked over a wide space of sand with the occasional pools of water. She was staring at what she saw, ancsiously trying to forget her hunger and thirst. He said he knew where water and preys were, and even though she didn't liked to kill, her insticts took over from now. 'Where are we going to?' She asked, her pupils getting bigger, filling with adrenaline and excitement. 'And i still don't know your name.' She said curiously. Her tail starting wagging, it seemed like she had a bit of her energy back.
She started walkin around a bit, waiting on his reply.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:11 am

Jester

"It's Jester." His auds swiveled towards the right. A hare, his nose told him. No danger. He grinned, and looked back to her "As I already explained; a den, less then a mile away from here." He gestured with his head the direction it was lying. "I have rested there myself, it's comfortable and even luxurious compared to the desert." he quickened his pace, testing the condition the femme was in. He didn't knew what to do with her, nor did he knew what role she was going to play in his play. He shrugged. He would find out eventualy. He crossed the top of the dune, and stood still for a moment, admiring the beautiness laid open before him. A sparkling blue pool, laid down in the cover of several trees, lied next down a small visible entrance. He knew that it lead to the natural cave system below, which made it possible that such places could exist. "Well, here we are." he said, before padding downhill.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:30 am

Jester, atleast she knew his name now, which made it a slight bit more comfortable. She saw Jester walking away, showing her where the den was. Her thoughts were haunting trough her head, while she was following him downhill, she was wandering what this wolf that she had just met, was thinking of her. She looked weak, and she felt the same. She would be an easy victim, he could have killed her while she was asleep, if he really wanted to. But she felt a kind of trust in Jester. He had helped her already; without him she would still lie on the ground, and now she had a den to rest in. Her body started feeling really heavy to carry, she would be more than happy if she could get some rest soon.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:46 am

Jester

Jester trotted down, and stopped near the cold cool water. "Before you go off sleeping again, you best probably drink some." He then bowed forward, bringing in some of the water with his tongue. Water was life. It was the most important thing out here, and lack of water meant death.
His father had thaught him all of this, and he was more then willing to pass his knowledge on. At the end, the entire world would be nothing more then a gigantic desert, devoid of all water, and thus life. It was the living philosophy of his pack, and thus of him and his parents. From birth, your were thaught that nothing was eternal, and you had to live while you could. They had been a hard pack, but not neccesarily heartless. Where some wolves where pure of heart ,others dark and most in between, he didn't hold no heart, not even nuetral. He would always make him choose the path he walked, and which act to perform, not a heart. he wondered where her laid.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Ayla looked at the pool of clear and cold water. She bowed forward the same way as Jester did before, and started drinking. The sensation of the cold, fresh water on her tongue felt great. She had found out that drinking alot of water makes the hunger go away just a little bit. After she was done, she settled herself down on the ground of the den. If she wanted, she could lie down and fall asleep right away, but she suppressed that thought because she wanted to stay awake for Jester. After all he was probably her only chance of survival, so she could better be on his side. 'Thank you for helping me.' She said while standing back up and walking around to stay awake and moving.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Jester

Jester nodded. "Your welcome." He turned, and planned to go on a hunt. "I will go look for prey, you should rest, you look like you need it." And without further hesitation, he slipped up, back to from where they had come, knowing wind was against him there, thus making it able to better spot and kill prey, something he saw as a small play on itself, consisting of three acts; the stalking, the chase and the kill. If performed correctly, it made you live. If you couldn't perform in this in a right way, you died. Good for Jester (and Ayla), he was a top actor in these sorts of plays. He sniffed out a hare, and trotted down of the hill, tail low.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 5:25 pm

Ayla was relieved about two things, first: she could sleep, or atleast rest for some time, which would give her the opportunity to revive some energy. And second: Jester would hunt for her and himself- off course- so she wouldn't have to kill. She felt like she was asking alot out of Jester, shelter, help and most importantly: food. She wandered what she could do to make it even with him. She whispered to herself: 'I had alot of luck with him.' She was feeling happy and and rather confused at the same time and lie down, on the ground of the den. Almost instantly, she fell in a deep sleep filled with dreams, but not nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Jester

His red hued form darted through the landscape searching for a possible victim. It had not been to long, before he found out several hares sitting down near some low scrubland, oblivious to the hunter who now setted eye on them. "Aah, let's see if I am still capable." Andw without further notice, Jester slipped down, crouching, his body one line with the desert land all around him. This was his terrain, he was born and raised in these circumstances, and he had the common hunting knowledge and tactics, given by the elders to the youngsters and so on, of the Folk, his old pack. A now dead pack. He passed into one of the scrubbs, his suberb stalking bringin him closer to one of the hares every step, carefully avoiding dry leaves and strewn-around twigs. Then, in a snake like movement, his head struck forwards, and catched one of the hares in it's neck, snapping it immediatly, and making the first kill with as good as no noise. He laid down his first victim silently, carefull to not let blood slip out of it, and thus betraying him to the other hares, that stood more grouped together ahead. Perfect. Jester stretched his hind legs, and then he launched himself into the air, landing on one paw-first. His flashing ivories quickly followed. While the other hares darted away, and soon dissapaered, Jester went back with his fresh kill, picked up the other, and walked back with two hares bungling from his mouth. I still can do it. he thought, a wicked grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Ayla was dreaming of her and her pack, but in this dream she was a complete member of it. Her father was proud of her, her sister jealous of her hunting skills. She felt good too, although it was just a dream. She wanted the dream to be reality, but realised that that would never happen. She got rudely interrupted of this... she guessed good dream. When she heard a noise. She stood up, yawned and looked around. Nothing had changed, she thought it was just an other animal -whatever other animal would survive here- and forgot about it. She started walking around, she wanted to observe the area a bit, but she thought that Jester could be back any minute. She walked until the entrance of the den and looked around. She saw nothing but sand. What a surprise. She thought while she laughed about her own sense of sarcasm. She felt the hunger coming up again, and hoped Jester would arrive soon.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:56 pm

Jester

Jester crossed the last dune, and descended back into the valley where the oasis, and aYla where. He padded down the hill, and dropped the two hares in front of the den, meanwhile glancing at Ayla. "Here, our food." he said, grinning all the while. "Eat good, it's not much, and tomorrow I am heading out." He wasn't really planning on staying with her, he had lots of work to do, but wouldn't mind if she tagged along. An extra paw could always come in handy. He didn't really now here, but by analyzing her behavior towards him, he knew she was some sort of nice girl, who probably had issues at home, and just fled them. she wasn't a born warrior, or atleast he thought so, and she looked relativly sane. He wondered what made her come out all here by herself. But first he bent down to eat.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Ayla made a sigh of relief when she saw Jester. 'Food!' She thought. She heard carefully to what Jester was saying and froze for a second. 'Do you mean you're gonna leave me here?' She said. 'Can't i come with you?' She didn't want to be left alone in these lands. Her orbs looked at him, hoping he would change his mind and let her come with. She thought Jester was a wolf that was used to be on himself, but she wasn't a troublemaker and she thought he could maybe use some company. Her nose picked up the scent of the hares in front of her and she bent over and started eating. If she would be heading out -whether it was going to be with Jester or all by herself- she knew she would have to eat as much as she could.
After she was done, she sat down and looked back at Jester. Hoping he wouldn't mind if she joined him.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Jester

"If you really want, but I can't promise, no I am sure it won't be an easy trip. And you can rest assured that my... destination's aren't always that sort of a nice heaven they were supposed to be." He would visit several of the pack lands, talk with whoever was wanting, and would arange everything for his plan. He chuckled. And what a plan would that be! "So, just to say, you can accompany me, but I wonder if it holds any benefits for you." He wasn't really concerned about her making troubles for him on the journey, he just hoped he would get where and what he wanted. In time.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 11:10 am

'Doesn't matter, my chances of surviving are bigger when i'm with you. Everything is better than starving on my own in these lands.' She looked at the ground, she knew she sounded stupid, but she spoke the truth. She stepped back a little bit, and sat down. Still looking at the ground. Sure, the journey she would commence would have no benefits for her, but she felt safe now. Safe around a wolf she knew for how long? Maybe a day. But however, Jester helped her and provided her a meal. Something not every wolf would have done.
She stood back up, suddenly being very self-confident, and walked up to Jester. 'I know i'm not a warrior or a born killer, but i want to help you, because you helped me... I'm ready.'
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:04 pm

[new pic ^^]

Paths cross... Jester

Jester listened to her words, and merely nodded. "If that's your choice." He settled himself down next to the den, and started tow work out his... their travveling plan. Hamara was the closest, but a raging storm had allmost completly destroyed it. And there were those rumors that dogs where gathering there. He wondered why, but wasn't really fond of the plan to pay them a visit. He could imagine what kind of dog it took to "conquer" a piece of territory in the lands of Fire and Ice, a hater. And he wasn't really fond of dogs himself, either. They were counted amongst the types that could alter or even disrupt his plans. e would have to deal with them. Later. Where should he then go? Tirisfal? Yes, that should do, altough he knew practically nothing about the situation there, it was a thing to start with. And he could lose his chaser that way. That odd fellow, with his white n' black head. Phantom had sent that mercenary after him, the idiot! He was only making things harder for himself by hiring such types.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:20 am

Ayla didn't really knew what to do, she didn't know where she was, nor where they were going to. But she figured that she could trust Jester, atleast she hoped that. There was a silence, Jester seemed in some major thoughts, and Ayla, well, she was just standing there. She had really nothing to do, mainly because she didn't knew what she was up to. 'What is Jester's plan?' She asked herself, she wanted to ask Jester instead, but didn't, maybe it was better for her not to know what his plan was. She wanted to help, make herself useful for something. 'Can i... help?' She asked. Her orbs looking directly his way.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:40 am

Paths cross... Jester

Jester turned his head when Ayla spoke out. She wanted...to help? Help with what? "Before you could be of any purpose to me, Ayla, I would like to ask you a question. What do you want to achieve in this land?" Why was she here? Running? Searching? Jester knew it had to be one of these, because all wolves whod didn't were running for something, were looking for something. He was as well as running, from that hired assasin, as searching for... well, he didn't kne wthat for sure... It could be everything, just a path to glory, the only thing he craved for. He wanted stories being told of him even a hundred years in the future, because then, you knew you ACHIEVED something of importnace to the land, or perhaps to the world. Humans had it easy, they just build something big, and taddaa! Glory. He wasn't a human, just a "mere" wolf. But still he wanted to achieve something that would cause that, when they spoke of him, it was with respect and awe, maybe even a little worship... But he hadn't figured out what to do in order to achieve his life-goal. But his plan would unfold. Eventually, he had always been patient.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:36 pm

Ayla was staring at nothing, she was figuring out how to bring her story. After a while, she finnaly started: 'My father is a born warrior, he raised us as the warrior he was. My mother... I never knew her. My sister was like a female copy of my dad: strong, fast and most importantly: born to kill. I could've been the same, but i didn't want that. Even though i am a wolf, i'm not fond of killing. Off course, i have to eat too, and i'm not saying i can't hunt, i'm just saying i don't like to. So on a certain day, we were going hunting, not because we were hungry, but because my father wanted some 'practice'. I came along, but didn't actually do much. I just sat down somewhere. That day, he got very dissapointed in me. He told me i was a shame for the family and he sent me away, he told me i could only come back if i achieved something, anything to make him proud...' She looked at the ground again, not proud of herself. She could almost feel the dissapointment her father must have felt in her. She stepped back, sat down and looked back up to Jester with empty eyes.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:29 am

Paths cross... Jester

Aaah... That's how her situation was, well, it was close to his, altough he didn't wanted to prove him for his father, nor was he really chased away. Altough someone was actually chasing him. "Well, it's seems our goals are pretty the same then. Which simplyfies things alot. We'll head out fot that Tirisfal place someone told me about, It's a neutral pack, and have some talk with it's members. I am not sure what to achieve there, but we'll see along the way." And there was a side bonus for him, with traveling at such a direction, chances were that he could lose that merc. Not that he feared him, Jester wasn't one to be quickly, if at all, intimidated.
Back to top Go down
pickles

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Ayla listened carefully. She was glad Jester understood her, and finally felt like she could relate to someone. Well, she felt like it, future should tell her if her feeling was correct. 'Sounds good to me.' She said rather confident and sure. 'When are we heading out?' She asked. Her orbs glistened when she thought about the travel she and Jester would commence, she was ready for it. She didn't knew what she was up to, but didn't mind.

(Ooc: sorry the post is so short Embarassed)
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:37 pm

Paths cross... Jester

[No worries, it's fine]

Jester nodded again. "We'll head out in the morning, try to catch some more rest now, I'll hold gaurd for now." There were to reasons why he insisted he should hold gaurd. First, he was a light sleeper, and not very used to the fact someone else was sleeping nearby, even the most silent sound would awake him. Second, if that killer showed up, he could take care of him himself, without Ayla nowing. Not that he would have much of use to her in a fight he thought. She said she didn't liked to kill, which made him wonder if he couldn't change her behavior on that subject. An encourage there, some compliments here, and you could get unsure persons quite far into things like killing. It was easier then mending someone's mind when that was without doubts, or completly broken. His blue orbs scanned the horizon, on the lookout for posible interlopers, like that mercenary, or other unwanted guests. He really needed some brute force, someone he could easily manipulate and hold on leash at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paths cross... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paths cross...   Paths cross... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paths cross...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next