Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

+ The Twilight Path

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

+ The Twilight Path Empty
PostSubject: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

+ Roxas +

The sound of the wind whispering in his ears woke him up. He groaned, lying on his stomach, legs splayed, as if he had fallen where he lay. He lifted his head and the world spun around him. Where am I? he wondered. What is this place? He came to a stand and stumbled, his legs giving out beneath him, hitting the soft sand. He rolled on his back and found himself looking up at a twilight sky, painted a blended array of lavenders and ambers. He could even see some stars poking out of the midnight darkness at the highest point, twinkling as the golden sun set along the horizon. However brief, it was beautiful, and captivated him for a few mere moments. But as he lay, his senses returned. He had to keep moving.

The young wolf rolled onto his feet once again, pads splaying to keep his balance. He was by no means a whelp, but not an adult, either; a full-grown yearling, at the most. His throat was dry and his stomach growled in hunger. He lifted his nose to the air and inhaled, hoping to catch the scent of prey, but that was not so. Instead, his nose found fresh water, and not far from where he stood. If he was lucky, there would be something to eat there...

By the time he reached the oasis, the sun had set. The sky was now an indigo-violet mirage, a silver cusp of moon suspended in a starry sky filled with rainbow nebulae and stunning constellations. To the east, a spectacular array of shooting stars rained down like angels from heaven. Roxas paused to watch for only a few moments, but his instincts pulled him away and towards the oasis. It was a meager place with only a few plants and trees, but it was enough for him to take refuge in for the night. He drank his fill at the water hole and sniffed around, for prey or otherwise. He had no idea how many others were in the desert, but one could never be too careful. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew it was not wise to trust those of other families...

The gold-hued hessian rested on his stomach beneath a palm tree, facing eastward to watch the stars fall. He closed his eyes and tried to remember what he had been doing prior to waking up in the desert, but what it was, he could not recall. Faces floated behind his eyes and words murmured in his head, but he could not remember their names nor voices... Somewhere, out there, there was someone who knew... But who it was, he could not be certain. He sat up, considering this. Perhaps he would have to call them, tell them that he was alive and awake. And thus, he raised his head, and let out a howl that only lone wolves could do.

OOC: This thread is reserved for Kippy's character Sephiroth.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:45 pm

The orange pelted male walked several feet sniffing around trying to find more loners. Prayers. He never made them but he sure as hell had them answered without the thought. It was then the howl rang out and he lifted his head looking in the direction of the call. A smile tugged on his mouth and he let it grow to a sideways grin. Attempt at more recruits. He lifted his head and sent a call back telling the wolf to stay there, he'd come to them. Pads were cool on the desert sand since night had fallen. He had left Killian with the females, telling him to gather as many as he could once the time came, he would call with as many he had, and more would respond. The war would be coming, and he had to test the factors sometime before that. Maybe a visit to Jabbar. Maybe to the Pearl. He had a young female who would love to see him. It was like that he walked over to the hill and saw the brute, but it was something else that caught his eye that made him stop and settle down on the hill, he laid there watching them, waiting to see... wait... that was her daughter...

The young pup slumped along coming to the water not paying any attention to the male, no, it was more not noticing the male who sat there watching the stars singing his song. She didn't hear it, consumed in her own thoughts. She walked to the water and took a long drink before she flopped down and took a deep breath. "You ever feel like everything is falling apart" she was maybe close to 6 months old. Her puppish pelt was filling up with adult hairs, random away mess of undercoat and stringy random adult hairs. Her legs hadn't grown into her paws and her ears didn't draw as much attention anymore, them having been to big for her head. Her pelt was a mixture of white and black and her eyes were dark brown, almost as if the whole eye were one black orb. She didn't look at the male, she just laid there, her reflection so like her now deceased mother, and her abandoning father. How she had been stuck with such a life she didn't understand, but she couldn't give up now since she had walked away from her home.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 4:35 pm

+ Roxas +

It wasn't long until a howl returned his. Roxas lowered his head, black auds twitching. Suddenly, he wasn't alone at all. What made him jump in surprise, though, was a voice - a very nearby voice. "Huh?" he said, standing and turning to find a pup, somewhere between being a whelp and a yearling, gazing at the pool of water he had drank from only moments ago. How had he not noticed her there? Roxas exhaled and sat back on his haunches, ears falling. His blue eyes looked to the pool of water as well. The crystalline surface reflected the shooting stars in the midnight sky.

"I feel like everything already has," he sighed, closing his eyes. "I feel like a part of me is missing, but I can't remember what or why. I feel like I'm supposed to be somewhere important right now, but I don't know where or when. I can't remember anything, but I hear and see things that I know I should know." He wasn't sure why he was sharing these things with her. Perhaps it had to do with something about being alone together in a big, big world. "I'm Roxas. What about you?"

Last edited by __silvers__ on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:14 am

She didn't look at the brute while he spoke. Spilling the thoughts that were in his heads to a total stranger. Herself. When he asked her name she remained silent looking, waiting for her own mind to come up with an answer. Why did she not answer him, because it was scary? Because she was scared of the fact she had left her own pack and met with this stranger by chance? Yeah, it scared her, but she waited for the chill, nothing came, no wiggly little creepy feeling that rolled from her feet to her back. Nothing. She was blank, just like her name. "I don't have one" she finally blurted out. "I did, but I don't know it. I guess like you, I'm supposed to be somewhere with someone and I don't know where, who, or what the hell it might be that I'm supposed to be doing" This is when she looked up from her laying spot and looked at the male. He was a male, but he wasn't a male male, he was a pup male, maybe just a little older then herself. But he was alone like her, and forgotten none the less. She pushed herself up on her feet and sat there looking at him before looking back down at the water in her own eyes. "Roxas. Nice name" she said softly, and then let the silence fold into layers between them.

She didn't know what else to say, what else to do, then an idea came but she shook it, she didn't know how to hunt, she had never been taught so why would she suggest food, was she even hungry? Sitting there she waited for the rumble, nothing. She looked back at him. "You don't remember anything?" she finally asked breaking the silence.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:05 pm

+ Roxas +

Roxas watched her, his blue eyes sparkling. He tilted his head as she spoke and frowned. She didn't know or remember what she was doing either...? Things just seem to keep getting worse and worse. He smiled, however, when she complimented his name, but it fell once more when she reminded him of not remembering anything.

"Not really," he replied. "But you see, I have these dreams. Really weird dreams. Like, I'm there in the dream and I'm a part of everything, but at the same time, I'm not. I don't know if they're pieces of my past or my imagination. All I know is that I woke up in the desert and my name is Roxas." He paused, the thinking of the characters from his dream... One of them was more prominent than the others. A chocolate-brown wolf, one with bright blue eyes and an even brighter smile. Sometimes Roxas was running alongside him, and sometimes, he was him. He wished he could remember the boy's name... He seemed so familiar. He turned to the pup beside him. "Do you ever think that maybe you lost your name?" he asked, black-tipped tail thumping on the sand. "You can't remember anything either, right? Maybe, if you forgot it, we can go looking for it. What do you think?"

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Orbs danced for a second wanting to release the tears. "No." She said boldly and then looked to her sides. "I know everything about me. I remember it all. I was stolen from my den as a pup, I was raised for a while by these horrible wolves, then, my mother came and got me. My father is a run away he split and now, literally this morning, my mother passed away. The name I was given isn't my own. It wasn't handed to me by my mother, it wasn't handed to me by my dead beat run away father. It was handed to me by the strangers. So I don't want to find that name, I want my own name. So I say we go find that one" She looked at him now and a smile broke across her face. A smile, it had been so long. "Dreams are your future and your past, or so I've heard" She shrugged and looked at her reflection. She didn't know who she was, nor, did she care to try and make herself from her past. The only wolf she loved had been her mother, and yet, she had left the pack that was her home and no one had come after her. None. "I say we make an adventure, how much of a imagination do you have." She smiled and looked at Roxas. "Because if I am seeing things right, we have another loner coming our way" She nodded behind him and sure enough, the wolf with an orange pelt and orange eyes came walking down the dunes towards their little oasis. "Do you know him?" she asked, almost making a joke about him not knowing or remembering anything...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:52 am

+ Roxas +

"Oh," was all he said. It sounded like such a tragedy for someone so young. He turned his gaze to the reflection in the water, his pale face staring back. Somewhere inside, it felt as if he had tragedies too, and he knew he should have felt sad about them, but he didn't know why. This bothered him. Things had happened to him, things he couldn't even remember, and now he had no clue what he was doing. He sighed. Where was his family? Where were his friends, if he had any? His pack? Surely, there was someone out there worried about him, looking for him... Unless he had run away or thrown away, like a handful of sand tossed to the wind... As sad as it was, this fae was speaking a strange truth, the kind that reached into his heart and made him agree. Dreams were his future and his past, though he wasn't always sure if they were his...

He lifted his head, though, when she said that someone was approaching. Roxas stood. "I let out a howl earlier, and someone answered back. I guess this must be him," he replied, though the orange body and matching orange eyes did not seem familiar, unfortunately. "And I don't think I know him. But maybe he has some answers for us."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:22 am

Daija. The forgotten name, but how else would she be known by... nameless till a new title came. Wonderful. She rolled her eyes at her own thoughts and stood with Roxas and watched as the fire toned male came closer. "Hello my lovelies" was all the brute said before his head bent down and he drank from the oasis the two pups were around. "What a pleasure it is to see you both, so young, so... well, young" and easily tamed was what he wanted to say but he couldn't, not outright, he would have to push them into the path they needed to go, they, no, he needed them to go. "What brings two young pups here all by themselves. And you, I know you didn't come together, because you reek of the Pearl, and like your mother, how is she doing. I miss that dainty little face of hers" He smiled to the young female but she didn't say anything back, only the words in her eyes voiced themselves and he spoke softly. "Oh that is just too bad... don't worry, you're better off without her, truly." His eyes then shifted to the male and he walked around the both of them sizing them up. "Tell me though... where are you headed to?" at this he was before them again and sat down. The young female, the daughter of Liar didn't say a word, obviously her trust had been so tenderly broken, good, he would bring them to his side, but the male, he wanted to know about him, he looked like he could be a strapping young lad someday.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:52 am

+ Roxas +

Roxas held his tongue, watching this large male and listening to him speak. His words were sharp and blunt, like the hot bite of the fire. His temper flared as he was called a pup - if anything, he knew he was more than that. Sure, there was still space for him to fill out, but to say he was no older than the whelp was insulting. He let his expression betray his emotions as his smile sifted into a frown, not sure if he was glad that someone had answered his call. He wasn't about to take immediate offense, though. There could be answers he needed at stake.

"I'm Roxas," he replied, standing his ground, though the male had made no threat yet. Something about him, though, kept Roxas on his toes. "And I'm not really sure where I'm going, but, I'll find out. Who are you?" He turned his gaze to the pup. There was an urge to protect her, if things got bad, even though they didn't really know one another. All they had shared was a conversation, but it was enough.

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Sephiroth looked from each pup. When he had finally sat down in front of them he waited a moment for each response. Only one came. Roxas. Interesting. His smile grew and he shrugged. "Just a loner, looking for company. I answered your howl. Forgive me though. I thought it was coming from an older bru. I dare say, you sing with a wise mans touch for how young you look" he gave an honest smile, like he meant no harm and then continued. "I'm Sephiroth. I was alpha male, well... I wouldn't say, alpha male, but I was mate to the alphess of Hamara, when the storm came..." he trailed off his mind thinking of her. No. It was more his heart. He wanted to beat himself up over it but didn't dare do that anymore. "The wolves of the pack fled far away. And now. We're trying to get them together, along with strong fit members to join in with us. I came here looking for aid, but not right now, it's not the time. My companion, Pichtra of the Midnight Wolves, is with a small pack in the lone lands. He's trying to find who will join with us there. You're more then welcome to join" He smiled to them both, a fake but real looking smile. He would convince them to come, he had to, this male, with his wise song of age, though so very young, would make a great asset. Then there was the pup, whom her mother, now deceased, he had known so well held much potential. "Tell me young princess, what happened to your father?" He was going to edge her onto explaining her mother but he didn't have to, the word deadbeat run away dropped from her lips and he made a tsk sound and shook his head. "It seems we're all left alone in this time, how sad is that" His orbs turned to the male. "If you don't know where you're going, don't rush it. Let things come to you. Like we have" He smiled and nodded towards the young fem and himself. "Though she's just younger then you. It's evident her anger brought her away from the pearl... away from the memories. Looks like we all chase a dream do we not?" He let his smile fade and his mind wander. "Nice place you've picked here... mind if I call the other's this direction?" He looked to the male giving him command. He gave him, the command, the alpha's position to make decisions... this would be the start of the end for everyone...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:11 am

+ Roxas +

He listened to Sephiroth talk about a storm... A storm... Yes, there was something familiar about that, something about an awful storm ravaging some place in the recesses of his mind. Roxas closed his eyes as Sephiroth spoke to the pup, trying to remember. He could see himself standing on a beach in his mind, the wind in his fur, the scent of salt on the breeze. There were two others standing beside him, but he could not turn his head to see their faces or learn their names. And he watched, from where he stood, as a dark storm overtook a tropical island across the ocean water, the twilight sky above him blackening. He wasn't sure what had happened during this storm... Perhaps it was what was before he had woken up, or perhaps he was seeing through the eyes of the mysterious brown wolf whose name he could not remember...

He looked up again when Sephiroth had finished speaking. He caught the last of the bru's words, the ones about chasing a dream. He wasn't sure what Sephiroth had said to the pup, but he still felt the urge to protect her, even though nothing physical had happened. He stood silent for a moment, contemplating his words. "So, you have... others?" Roxas said, wondering where these other wolves were hiding. There was something about the way Sephiroth's orange eyes flickered in the moonlight that made him cautious to trust him, or perhaps, it was some kind of instinct. A smile tugged at his maw. "Because to me, you really seemed like the type to run alone."

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Sephiroth watched the young bru close off for a moment then ask him a question. Others. That could be said. Sephiroth kept them in reach for his plans, he kept them in the loop of an idea... a dream, a mission. His eyes searched the males face trying to figure out where he was coming from and then he smiled. "Yes, there are others, but I do not have them, they travel on their own free will. And again, you're correct. I am more of a soloist, the kind who cares not for anyone but myself. Although..." his voice paused for a moment before he continued. "Recent events have warmed my heart back up to the subject of company. I'm not the same wolf I was, when I met her mother" he nodded towards the young fem realizing she hadn't said a word about her name. "What are you called, what name has your mother given you?"

Daija had been listening, barely saying a word. He spoke of her mother, this Sephiroth character, and she didn't really care to respond. The only wolf she had loved was dead now, she didn't know her father nor care to if he ever came back, around. Then he asked for her name. She didn't have, or she hadn't chosen one. Then came an idea earlier that caught her attention. Dream. She had been sitting here thinking about it, staying in the shadow of Roxas who conversed with this fire looking brute. She didn't trust him, and if her mother hadn't said a word about him in her short time then she knew there was a reason as to not trust him. Her eyes looked up, the dark brown of them looking at the brute before her. "Specter" she said, feeling as if she were speaking to Roxas. If he questioned it, she would tell him, though she'd keep it quiet from this Sephiroth character, she wouldn't tell him anything.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:43 pm

+ Roxas +

"Interesting," Roxas replied to the brute, still skeptical. It was as if there was some kind of hidden agenda behind Sephiroth's dancing orange eyes, and Roxas couldn't quite put his paw on it. When the pup spoke, he was surprised to hear her give him a name - Specter. Roxas wondered where she had come up with it, or if she had suddenly remembered it. Either way, he was beginning to get the feeling that Sephiroth wanted to come with him, to reclaim his lands or take back the pack he spoke of... Everything Sephiroth said sounded familiar, as if in some past life, Roxas had been fighting to reclaim a lost land...

"So, if we do go with you..." Roxas began, the gears turning in his head. "We'll get a place in your pack, and... then what? What happens if we don't go with you?" He said this in a non-offensive manner, blonde head tilted in curiosity. He knew that there wasn't much for him in the desert, or rather, there wasn't much for him in general. If there was one thing he needed, he couldn't remember it. And it was exactly what he needed to find. "Because... I know I called you here, and you answered. But how do you know if I'm what you want in your pack?"

For all Roxas knew - or, for what he didn't know - he could be a complete failure.

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 pm

He hadn't meant to, but laughter boiled in his belly then out through his mouth. A cackle of laughter. "My pack. No no. It is not my pack, nor will it ever be my pack, it can be yours, or anyone else who wants it. Do you know what it does when dogs take over a wolves lands, and only two stand up against them. It doesn't end to well. I'm trying to gather spies actually with now. Someone who can sneak in and sneak out report and tell all who are gathering about the massive mess being formed there. Dogs don't lead. Wolves lead out here, dogs lead in the city, which is where they need to be chased back to" He smirked and then looked at Specter. "Dream huh. Living or sleeping" he said. He only got a shrug from her. She hid behind Roxas, that was fine, she was younger then he, and didn't seem to have the mentality to join in a conversation like this, not with the big boys talking... and not being raised in the pack she was raised in. His fire orbs turned to Roxas again and he let a smile creep along his face.

"I want to give you time to think, maybe talk it over" his head nodded to Specter, "And then get back to me, but I don't have too much time. I'd like to call all the wolves here if that's okay with you, this is your territory after all, though it's not marked I'll respect you just a little, unless your answer is no, then maybe you should step aside and watch the adults talk" Sephiroth was an ass. He had no other way to be. With Kaia leaving like she had... his pups in her belly... wench. Males should NEVER trust a female.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:33 pm

+ Roxas +

Roxas watched Sephiroth with careful azure eyes. The large brute still seemed untrustworthy, or that he had something sinister hiding beneath his pelt. He felt Specter lean into his back leg, as if hiding from him, and Roxas couldn't blame her. He was thankful that he would be given some time to mull it over, but when Sephiroth mentioned that if he declined and step aside for the adults, he put his foot down and took a stand. "Okay. I'll help you. As long as Specter can come with, and nobody hurts her," he said. It wasn't much of an ultimatum, but Roxas didn't like the way Sephiroth looked at her. It was like she was something tasty to eat. He still had no idea what Sephiroth meant by dogs from the city and taking over the lands, but he guessed that he would find out when the time came. He had never met a dog, or at least, he couldn't remember if he did. Regardless, he refused to be pushed aside like some pup.

Seeing as their conversation was just about over, he turned to look at Specter and gave a small smile. "I guess we'll be in a tight spot for a while. But we'll get through it, okay?" he said, and gave a soft wag of his tail. His stomach rumbled, and he wondered when the last time he had eaten was. "Now, I don't know about you, but I'm hungry. Let's see if some other traveler buried a meat cache around here." He put his nose to the ground and made a wide berth of Sephiroth, careful to watch his back. He picked up a meaty scent close to the water, where the sand was more mud than anything else, and began to dig. Just below the surface, he succeeded in finding a meat cache, pulling apart the hindquarter of a water buffalo. He licked away some of the mud, but most of it did not stick. He ripped off a piece with his teeth and set it down for Specter. "Er, you can eat meat, right?" he said, not really sure of how quickly pups aged. She had a mix of adult and puppy fur, but he couldn't tell what kind of teeth she had.

Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 1:56 pm

Sephiroth was gone. Annoyed really. He had seen the little female go, he had things to do and conversing with this Roxas. He was being replaced though, as he walked away, there was another brute... hobbling in.

Old. That was a good word for him. Old old and frankly, more old. "Shhhhh" he said softly as he came up to the young brute. "We shouldn't scare him you know, he could be valuable in the end" He eyed the wolf before him. "Oh to be young again and be able to sit there with such... youngness" he smirked and looked around the area. "Where did the young female go. Did she leave. Scared I bet, no, you can't go track her, we have things to do. Come on" He pulled his legs under him and sat there looking at the brute. "You're young, of course compared to me. Yes. But mentally. What's wrong?" he looked at the hessian with question. "Tell me about yourself" He smiled, all his teeth were gone though and the grin was that of gums...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 2:15 pm

OOC: Yeah... I'm not really up for playing with Roxas anymore. Sorry... Perhaps he'll be of use to me another time. At least we have Seph on the move now and doing things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: + The Twilight Path   + The Twilight Path Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

+ The Twilight Path
Page 1 of 1