Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Pack Name! Etc.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

New Pack Name! Etc. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Ok so as I have posted on the portal page and as most of you have already probably noticed the packs have been merged! Hurray! So that can get started pending a main board. Sub boards have been added to all packs, please feel free to start abusing your new liquid time and get these charries talking. Smile Hamara is officially gone and has been placed in the archives. If something has vanished, especially anything regarding character profiles note that I have not deleted anything yet, they are somewhere in the archives. They're also pretty orderly so it shouldn't be hard to find. 

If you didn't read the closed announcement in Hamara the gist is that if you have canines you still wish to play we would like to see them in the Black Pearl where Jack has agreed they can live and then we can bolster that pack with some more charries. 

I believe I have gotten most the random threads/boards out of the way. 

I've updated most of the pack descriptions, please let me know if something needs to be tweaked or if I contradicted myself anywhere (I was moving fast today ;P) 

I've also updated the information board including the rules, though there was little enough to change besides our new liquid time policy. 

Remember things are still under construction and things that look not so elegant now will be shined and polished soon. 

Questions, Commments and Suggestions all welcome.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Glad to see things are still active here. I miss you guys terribly. <3
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 12:50 am

Got some new boards going, the packs are now equipped with subboards with new areas you can rp in! And don't forget we are now allowed to be in more than one! So lets post post up some new plots with new charries that we might not have been able to interact otherwise. Smile 

Tirisfal Valley and Midnight meadows are both under the new board Tirsifal Meadows. We'll start the merge soon, ill put up some fancy post and then we can get a MB up with some subboards. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Ill be combining the boards soon where Ill give each board a chance to close up whats going on and we can setup from there Smile
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2015 12:37 am

I like the idea of moving the new pure pack to the Meadows/Jabbar area, and moving Jabbar to the Hamara area while keeping the respective climatology the same. The old Tirisfal lands can maybe be part of lone lands or something until later.

Love the banner you made for Tirisfal Meadows! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 1:21 pm

New Pack Name! Etc. YUKfVnU
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Double-posting for visibility.

Also, as I was shuffling things around in Jabbar, I decided to pull up the current site map:
New Pack Name! Etc. 6635791673_87c97795ef_z

If we plan on merging the two pure packs, do we want something to "bridge" their territories? Do we like how things are laid out now? The arrangement of these packs has roots in an old image Silent dug up years ago (I don't think I have the reference anymore, it is likely buried in a folder or in a post somewhere). Would we want to expand the pure pack territories into the Lone Lands? If we want to, I am up for Jabbar and Tirisfal switching places, but keeping their respective climatology (e.g., Jabbar as a burnt woodland and Tirisfal as a deciduous valley). As for Hamara, would we want to hack it off entirely, or stretch the Lone Lands into that region (which, given its history, may not be a bad idea), or put Jabbar there?

I think it would be a good idea for the Pearl and Muerta to stay put, unless our pack shuffling requires moving them.Personally, I'd like to stay true to geographic patterns of climate distribution and the like, especially if we want to try and be a more realistic site, but we don't necessarily have to. Everyone's opinion is valued, hence my questions.

I like Shadowed's idea of Tirisfal Meadows or Midnight Valley for a name.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2015 4:28 pm

I wouldn't mind doing this for Jabbar, either. I can modify the topic title anytime, since I just put up a new MB for the central plot / gathering area. But an area for newcomers to congregate, a place for hunting grounds, a place for reflection, etc. wouldn't be a bad idea. I may start this, since we are redesigning the maps anyways.

And if we are, I wanted to point out something to everyone, because I'm a nerd. Wolves have territories in which their dens are centrally located, both to best protect their whelps and have access to food (but yes, they will go beyond these areas sometimes when food is scarce). If we're trying to be more realistic, I think this might be a good thing to keep in mind. Below is a diagram to help explain, and maybe become of use to us.

New Pack Name! Etc. Dir7987i9

The red center will be the den site, the space in the middle will be the hunting grounds, and the blue will be territory boundaries/newcomer locations. Of course, we can add cool landscape features like caves, mountains, forests, etc. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 12:44 pm

OkAlright Good feedback everyone,  I'm ggoing to get this started soon, let me give you  more full response when I'm not on my phone: ) gotta get e packs merged and the mainboarD's up
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 2:24 am

Hey Silent, I was thinking in the pack boards, what if we made a few additional sub-boards which represent different locations in the territory (locations that are listed on the site map)? For example under Mount Muerta you might have the Lookout point, Akira's cliff (maybe a main gathering area where there are no private threads), Crimson pass (an entrance area for new members or trespassers?) and Bloodstained peak. Maybe each pack could have a main gathering area and an entrance area?

We probably should just call the new pure pack Tirisfal Meadows, as we don't seem to have any other ideas lol XD. Not that it's a bad name anyways!

I wouldn't consider Lone Lands a main board. I think it would also be cool to have a different locations under the lone lands board as well, unless you think that might be too much clutter. Anyways, just more ideas. Let's get our site back on track!

Fire&Ice <33333
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 1:45 pm

Changes, changes!

Will get back about names if I get some inspiration, otherwise, I'm cool with the fall-back.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 2:43 pm

Haha, of course I'll help! I will make the map after a new name for the Pure pack has been decided, and if there are any landscape features that require change, I'm all ears!

Again, Silent, just let me know what graphics you're looking to change. You seem to be having fun without me, already!

Also: omg the default text is bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuue o.o
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 12:47 am

Yay yay yay! Can't wait for things to get settled! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Alright so we've gathered input from each other to see what we want to do to get the site rolling. Well lets get this thing started.
We seem to agree that combining the two pure packs Tirisfal and Midnight would be a good idea, now we can do this under a pretense of neighboring packs just merging into one upon finding common cause. I see no reason why Warrior AND Akka can't both work together to run this newfound large pack, it will be up to the cooperation of both the packs upper hierarchies to meld together and create perhaps a new type of governing body, where two wolves who are not mates are in charge. Which i think we can pull of well and actually use to boost plot line and creativity. 

Now with that announcement we are going to need to come up with a new name for the pack! I say we will all make suggestions, then see which ones we like the best, or narrow it down then have a vote. Smile I am just as happy to stay true to our core and be simple as Tirisfal Meadows but if there are better suggestions or a name that means something that just as good. Of course Akka and Warrior could also discuss to come up with something and as long as its decent (which i have faith it will be) we would honor that as well.

Hamara. As I said before we are going to eliminate Hamara, but there are those of us who still might want to play our dog charries (I love Kane, i must keep him) and i would highly prefer that most these characters get moved to the pearl under some such pretense. (Some sort of negotiation with a dog ambassador or something). We are trying to compress and condense, PACK THESE PACKS. Of course you can bring your charrie wherever you like, go with your heart Wink.

Pearl. Again, it is a bit of a mission with me to get someone in here to start managing this pack because the responsibility of it is a little much for me to handle. I'll try to get on a template soon to spread across the realm.

Time. We are going to officially change the rules regarding 'liquid time' where you may roleplay your charrie in two spots at once as long as it is not two mainboards of a pack. Do you guys consider the lone lands a main board? Let me know and I'll decide whether or not to specify that when I rewrite the rules. 

Silvers. Yes we can scrap the ranks board! xD I think that was an idea to get the clutter out of the main thread area but it seems that it really shouldn't be that bothersome there. Perhaps I can just move the boards under their respective packs. As you said we will be needing a new Map! We can make a good one to suit our new landscapes, larger territories for everyone!

****edit. I am going to scrap rank and profiles boards and combine those as well into an all inclusive board under the packs that will contain all the information about the packs, ie, ranks, territory information, pack info, territory info, map info, alpha profile etc etc. So that we have information on the Information board, but it would be nice if pack leaders could get more specific and describe their territory with pictures etc and post it on a thread. 

In addition to all these changes I'm looking forward to spending some time into giving this site a little freshen up, update the scheme see if we can make our eyes tingle (with the help of silvers of course if shes willing<3)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pack Name! Etc.   New Pack Name! Etc. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Pack Name! Etc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: || General :: .Management-
Jump to: