Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAH BABY!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 4:17 pm

Not to mention, a little further north by you Fossy there are sea wolves.

SEA.

WOLVES.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/08/sea-oceans-wolves-animals-science/
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076
Registration date : 2009-01-12

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

I agree with Silent on this one. You have to be a piss poor hunter not to know the game you are hunting. I am sure he shot her and thought....man...that is way to big to be a coyote *BANG* HEEEYUCK!  We have stable wolf populations in WA state here some are even growing. I do know that Fish and Wildlife do not plan on reintroducing wolves from other places into our gene pool here instead protecting and manage the wolves already here. They do have livestock protection plans in place and future wildlife protection plans in place to appease the hunters. 

When it comes to wolves being around it's hard to please everyone. I too can understand both sides of the coin. The hunters will bitch about the game population...the farmers about their livestock but personally I think the wildlife populations are better when they have a predator to cull the herds and keep them healthy. And yes the farmers have the right to protect their livestock if wolves are an issue. 

PS Silent... In my opinion Red Wolves and Coytoes look distinctly different too lol
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 11:20 pm

On another not totally unrelated note. just found this.

MAH BABY!!! 12704635_f496
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 11:07 pm

OOoh that would be really awesome if you guys did find any evidence. Keep us posted on that front Wink

I read that article in the news the other day...at the very least it  received some public attention. Sad though...i guess i can't really say for sure because I'm no way shape or form a hunter or experienced wilderperson but I think it's such BS when they say its a coyote like no you can tell the difference...wolves are so distinctive. You're a shitty hunter if you can't tell the difference. *Ill make concession on the red wolf ;p

lolol love how the thread is MAH BABY...then she goes "Well, not really Echo, but still" I see wat you did there O_O
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 am

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2015/02/150212-gray-wolves-grand-canyon-animals-science-rockies-dead/

Well, not really Echo, but still.

I know we're all doing crazy things this summer, but I wanted to share how it's become such an eye-opening reality to me how rare wolves actually are out West. I'm in Colorado, and a few months ago we had a woman come into the ranger station claiming she saw 3 wolves between our forest and the next one over. She didn't have any evidence, so we couldn't really support her claim, but the general knowledge here is that "There are none."

On one hand, there's skepticism about the stable populations in Idaho and Wyoming extending into the south, or the highly-managed Mexican wolf population in Mexico and lower Arizona to be heading north. It's a possibility, but it's still surprising to me that they aren't here already.

Coming from Wisconsin, it's also an interesting perspective. We have wolves that came from Minnesota and Canada that are now in our northwoods, but are a potential threat to farmers and their livestock. People want to hunt wolves to not only protect their farms, but also because they believe they cause significant mortality to the deer populations (when in reality, cars do more damage). I can see both sides of the issue, and it's something that's been going on for several years now that isn't looking very promising for Wisconsin having a stable wolf population. I can also see why some states would be hesitant about re-introducing some populations to their historic ranges.

Anyways, I just wanted to share this with y'all. We're a site that's all about our fictional wolves, but I think it's good to know about wolves in real life, too. What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAH BABY!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH BABY!!!   MAH BABY!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAH BABY!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: || General :: .OOC-
Jump to: