Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Last Breath...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:31 am

.Nemo.

The autumn chill settled over the dark meadow, crickets of the summer quieting to the winds of winter that were soon to come. The dry grasses rustled in the breeze like the colored leaves on the trees, transforming from luscious green to hues of red, orange, and yellow. The nighttime sky was clear for stargazing, not a cloud in sight. The moon was hiding somewhere, perhaps over a mountain on the far side of the Lone Lands, waiting for the sun to seek it out. This made the sky perfect for lovers to unite, and live on into eternity.

The weary old wolf parted the tall grasses with her equally tall legs, aching bones finally collapsing on the banks of a shallow stream. She leaned her head down and lapped up the cool water, and then folded her legs beneath her. Oh, how good it felt to rest... She had been travelling for miles, alone in this strange land, and without a soul to guide her. Well, that actually wasn't true... She always had her heart, and that was what kept her going. But now, as she lay on the bank... She could only question if she'd be able to keep up with what her heart so desired. Love was supposed to make someone strong, keep them young and healthy, and she... wasn't.

She was old. She was tired. She was getting on in her years - almost eleven now - and she had already had a family. She had already had love... No, she hadn't had love. What she had with her former lover was not love at all... If it had been, she wouldn't be so lonely now, would she? As a young girl, she had always dreamed of being with a man that would be with her at this time in age, ancient like her. But perhaps... That would just remain a dream. Reality was cruel. She curled her body up and lay her head down on her paws, sighing heavily.

Her porcelain blue eyes stared into the crystal waters of the stream. A wolf looked back at her. If she stared hard at the water long enough, she could shape the face into that of one she would love. At least she would be able to see that face before she died...

[OOC: This will be a short-lived character, that probably won't go beyond this thread]

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:35 pm

-stumblestumbleBUMP- <.< >.>

I really would like to play this character... Just to try her out... For a little bit...
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Pawprints : 867
Registration date : 2011-02-04

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 pm

I call dibs!
Just gimme a minute...or an hour.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:34 pm

My Last Breath... Vertex

Vertex opened his eyes, the sound of the wind startling his dreams, and chasing them away. He ran after them but failed to catch them. He felt sad, they had been nice dreams, where everything had been warm,cudly and soft. Now, he was back in the cold and harsh reality, and he the, realized he should move on. Dreamers didn't last one, a lesson he had learned before. His brown orbs scanned the area. He was in a lush grassland, that was covered against the cruel winds and rain. He really didn't had any idea why he was there, but something had tugged on his heart for weeks, and he jsut FELT he needed to come here.

When he walked an end further, he found a crystal-blue river running through the grassland, and -to his supprise- another wolf sitting at it. He halted, and his gaze fell upon her. She was a femme, that was clear. It was also clear that she was old. Not véry old, but she had seen her part of the winters already. Vertex was not a young adolescent, but also not old. If he remembered right, this would become his seventh or eight winter. He never had really cared. Curious, but carefull not to scare her, he aproached her, wading trough the water to sort of warn her of his arrival. His brown coat was getting soaked, but it was quite warm ,so he didn't feared the cold.

It had been to long ago he had last seen another wolf. And surely a femme.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Auds flickered to the sound of splashing water. Nemo raised her head, her vision not as sharp as it once were, but she could make out the form of another wolf. "Good evening," she greeted, her voice carrying her age. "Enjoying the night as much as I am?" She thumped her tail on the ground next to her, the sweet scent of the soil wafting into her nares. Compared to everywhere else in the Lone Lands, this place was a haven, where the winds did not blow cold and harsh, nor the sun beat down too hotly. Nestled in the great valleys of the south, it was no wonder that there would be someone else wandering the lands. She could not have been alone.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:05 pm

"Good evening to you too." he replied. He crawled out of the water,onto the shore, and shook of the water. "Yes, it surely is a beautyfull evening." he continued, and then sat down. She looked like she couldn't see as sharp anymore, and he leaned forward, bathing in the moonlight. Yes, she was older, but she carried her age with dignity, not lik another old wolf he had met before, that had just been some rambling fool, sitting in his own dirt. "This is a fantastic valley, strange you couldn't notice it from afar." He also noticed the wind didn't blow as hard here as in the Lone Lands, it was just a calm breeze. He felt like he had stepped into another world, and for a moment he thought he was still dreaming.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Ah, a pleasant soul. Thank goodness it was not some arrogant wolf looking for blood, or something of the sort. She smiled kindly to the stranger, his voice as calm as the breeze in the grass. She watched as he stepped ashore and shook his pelt, a few droplets splashing on her muzzle, but hardly enough to get her drenched. But, she wiped her face off with her paw anyway, her silver coat glittering. "Agreed, stranger. I wish some of those wolves in the desert would come here, they could use a good rest. I saw a few dead ones on my way in..." her voice fell, but picked up again, paying no mind to the souls that were now departed. "My name is Nemo. What might yours be, if you don't mind me asking?"

Her blue eyes shimmered as she looked at him, basking in the full moonlight. He was neither very young nor very old. She wondered what had brought him here. Everyone had a story, no matter their age. As she had sensed before, he did not seem like the violent type; then again, they were only exchanging pleasantries, not histories. Nemo herself had a past that was not completely unclean, but that was ages ago, and a time where taking the life of another was necessary. She wondered if that time - that time of war, of battles and courage - still existed in the world today. She had not been in a fight in so long. Though her bones ached and her senses were not as sharp as they once were, she still carried the pride of a warrior in her heart.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 am

"I am Vertex." He shuddered. His name... He had always found it odd that his parents have named him after his bloodthirsty grandfather, while he was...well not very bloodthirsty. Nemo. It was a nice name, and someway, he found it very fitting for her. He bent over to the water, and quenched his thirst. The water was cool and clear, and under the moonlight looked like a river of crystals. "Yes, I have seen some dead ones too." She was right, on some places, the desert was littered by bones and corpses.

Many braves and fools tried to cross it, but almost none made it. To survive the lone lands, you must know where the oasises and game were. Only the more expierenced loners could survive those lands. He had seen others however,one that was nearly death, an old, crazy fool, and one that was far of death, a black brute that was killing another wolf. He had hidden, because he couldn't had done anything. After all, he wasn't a fighter. "Can I ask you why you are here, just curious."
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:15 pm

"Vertex," she let the name dance across her tongue, her tone just as musical. Such a sharp name for a calm wolf. She sighed and looked into the water, her reflection gazing back. "Oh, I'm not here for much. I wandered away from my pack in search of... well, I know it sounds silly... but I wandered away from my pack in search of love." She looked at him and smiled. "Don't worry, though. You're too young to be my mate, Vertex. I don't think I'd want to be with someone who is the age of my oldest son." Yes, she had already had a family, as well as a mate, but he had departed their mortal realm long, long ago. He had died on the battlefield as a noble warrior, so his death was only fitting for the bru he had been. But had she been in love with him? Certainly not.

"But don't let me ramble,"
she said, shaking her head. "I could talk for hours about the places I've been. How about yourself, Vertex? Where do you come from, if you'd like to share?" It was true - she had so many stories and so many tales, she could go on and on. Before she had left the pack, she was one of the best storytellers (or at least, according to the pups), and one of the wisest elders. She didn't know if she would be staying in these lands for long, though. She had told her pack that she would return eventually, but only after she found the heart of another to share. But, in the meantime, it was nice to just have a conversation with this young fellow.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:59 pm

"Well, at home, I was the youngest of a nest, and when my brother succeeded my father as Alpha, he had found it "purposefull" to send me away, to search for a better pack land.The nasty bugger probably just wanted me away. He has more of grandfathers blood in him than me, which is quiet irronic, as I was named after my grandfather." He paused for a moment. She was in search for love? Love. He never had really thought about that, and with his age, he thought it would be time to. "But that's along time ago, and I don't really care." He continued. "I just stumbled on this place by accident." He sighed. He was hungry, so soon he would have to leave this...paradise, and go back to the lone lands, in search for food. "Have you seen any game around here?"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 pm

"Ah," she said, nodding as he spoke. That was why his name did not quite fit - it was not his own. She listened to his story of his brother succeeding his father as Alpha. If his brother was as... dark, as Vertex seemed to imply, then why did he never challenge him? They were of the same blood, of the same father. Such an event like that would not have stood in her pack. Perhaps it was an age thing. She never did quite understand other packs like that, but 'twas their tradition, and she would only do best to respect that. Not all packs were as noble as hers. "I stumbled across here as well. I've seen only small game - mice and hare, maybe a couple of fowl - but nothing too large. However, I did catch the scent of a herd of elk westward of here. They are probably bedding down for the night."
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:18 pm

"Good, then I don't have to return to the desert for food." He yawned, it was already quite late into the evening, and he had walked all day. "I suppose I could stay a while here, if you don't mind of course." He then lied down, still looking at her. While telling his story, he hadn't melded that his brother had wanted to fight him, and he had run away, the coward he is. He glanced to the night sky, where stars and the moon competed for beauty. He sighed. If he had shown some courage, maybe, he would still be home. But he had chosen this life of loneliness, only brightened up by the rare occasion he meeted a wolf that had a nice talk with him. He was slowly being dragged into a vortex of despair and self-pity, and some night, he could actually feel his heart tugging at him, trying to send him home.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:19 pm

"Not at all, Vertex, not at all," Nemo replied, smiling as she spoke. "Perhaps you can make a home here, as I am finding myself slowly doing. Though I can't hunt the elk - a bit too old for that I'm afraid - I've been surviving on the smaller game, and so far, any abandoned or unclaimed kills. There are some deer around, and I've been able to get my maw on them." She saw him look up to the night heavens, lost in his own world. She wondered what he was thinking, what was up there for him. The stars were a wolf's guide. She looked up to the nebula-painted sky, finding the constellation she had always gazed upon when she was a young warrior - Aria the Fighter, strong in all of her feminine qualities and fierce in battle. She did not break her gaze from Aria as she said, "Tell me, Vertex. What do you think the heavens hold for you?"
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:59 pm

A home? He thought over it. This was a fantastic place, a paradise amidst the cruel wastes of the Lone Lands. Then she asked him what he thought the heavens would hold for him. "Well, until now, my life had been one big yourney from one side of the Lone Lands to the other, I just hope they let me settle down a bit." He yawned again. Tomorrow, he would go hunt a bit... But first a bit of sleep... "If you excuse me, I am going to sleep a bit." He holded one eye open in case she would say something.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:37 pm

"Then you must have gone in several circles, I presume," Nemo replied. Though the Lone Lands were a vast place, it was very possible to visit a landmark more than once. "But go ahead and sleep for now. If I'm up and about, don't mind me. I have a bit of an odd sleep schedule. It comes from my days as a warrior wolf," she said, smiling wisely as she spoke. Yes, she had been weary earlier, but she was now very awake, alert for anything that may cross their path. She was in the kind of schedule in which she took a short nap every few hours, maximizing her days and nights. "I shall be roaming around, and I will alert you if anything dangerous enters near us, namesakely a lion that has been on the prowl," she informed him, standing up and stretching. Even if he wasn't here, she would have likely scouted the area, just to make sure it was safe. She knew that she should have made a den instead, but she didn't know if she, like Vertex, would stay in this lush valley very long.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 pm

"Mwaaah, ok, good night..." He then fell asleep, in a vast, dreamless sleep. Or so he thought...

He was back at that day his brother had convicted him to a nomad's life, but this time, he challenged his brother in a battle. They never had been equals, and altough Vertex had been faster, his brother had his cruelty and fighting prowress, not to mention his raw strenght, to match him, and exceed him. That dream, Vertex ended upon the ground many times, sometimes with his throat open, other times with his innards torn out. The dream repeated itself again and again, always reseructing Vertex for the next battle. And no matter how hard he tried, he always losed...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:40 am

"Goodnight, Vertex," she replied, as he drifted off into sleep. He must have really been exhausted. Then again, anyone who had travelled the harsh desert of the Lone Lands would have been. She was only so lucky that she had discovered a small haven. She gazed upwards at the white moon in the sky, now directly overhead. It was the exact middle of the night, the wind blowing through her silver fur, rustling like the tall grass around them. She inhaled, catching the faint scent of lion. "Well, well," she said aloud, more to the wandering cat than herself. "We meet again."

She bounded off, her long legs taking her through the lush lands. By this time, the crickets had fallen silent and the owls had already caught their meals, nothing but the wind and her padfalls on the earth resounding in her ears. She paused, listening hard for any sounds of a tail swish or an ear turn, but heard nothing but her own panting breath. Her blue eyes flickered through the meadow. "Come on out, cat... I know you're there," she said softly. Perhaps it was foolish for her to go after a lion like she was, but she and, him had a long history, one that involved one chasing after the other. Even though she not see him, smell him, or even hear him, she knew he was there. She could feel him.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 pm

[Ooc. sorry for the late reply, I almost forgot about it O.o]

Vertex opened an eye. Nemo wasn't here anymore, but she wasn't gone for long, her scent was still nearly fresh. He got up, still a litle drowsy, but curious to what she went off doing. Maybe she had got to hunt. He was still quite hungry, and almost salivated at the thought of fresh tasty meat. He hoped she had left some for him. He pondered about the nightmare he had got during his short period of sleep, it had been long since then, maybe the recent revival of those dreaded memories had brought it up. He shivvered at the thought that there was maybe a big cat close by, he hated cats.

Just when he thought his troubeled night couldn't turn more unpleasant, he catched up the faint, but indistinctable trace of cat litter. A cat had been here, not so long ago, and it was a big one. "Ow for the love of Fenrir, why now?" he whispered. He was slightly frightened, and wanted to turn back to the river, when he caught up a glimer of silver in the distance. Nemo? She couldn't face that thing alone, and how much he hated him for it, he slipped of in her direction, not wanting to run from a fight again.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Auds twitched and her old muscles tensed, a wry smile on her lips. Perhaps the cat was not as stealthy as he liked to think tonight. She waited for the right moment, hearing him rustle through the grasses, and she whipped around - she wouldn't have him get her from behind. She suddenly came face-to-face with Vertex, and she gave a surprised shout, stumbling backwards but not falling over. "Vertex!" she cried, her heart pounding in her chest. She shook her head and coughed. "You -" she began, but she had to turn away and cough again; curse her aging body. "I thought you were the cat... What are you doing out here?"

She wasn't angry, just surprised. She breathed deeply, in and out, steadying herself. By now, all of the commotion had probably sent the cat running away. She glanced past his shoulder, where she could see a long shadow bounding along against the moonlight. They had indeed been stalking one another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Last Breath... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Last Breath...   My Last Breath... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Last Breath...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Lone/WasteLand Archive-
Jump to: