Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

He chuckled,but it was clear it wasn't at her. It was just the image of Blade being so... thick. His living kin was smart and caught onto things, but only of things not related to him. It was sad, though, the idea of being abandoned. Of course, in his homeland, there were many things that were worse, but to a wolf who didn't grow up cold and remained this warm hearted? That wasn't right. It was good that she had those who cared, though. That was true family. From experience, he knew blood wasn't necessarily family.

"Yeah, I can probably imagine. He does have that... feeling about him that things will be fine, despite his outward appearance... He's always been lean. Made me worried someone might have bitten him in two, but he always did have a sharp mind on him. He might have turned out different if it weren't for Father, so it's hard to say if I could truly hate the old wolf. Glad that things worked out for the two of you, though."
He opened his maw to say something else, but an angry hiss interrupted whatever was going to come out. Niveus took a few quick steps forward to position himself between whatever it was and Petra, his only thoughts being the safety of family. Niv growled warningly in response, in warning about stepping into others' territories with such aggression. Just moments after, though, he dropped his defensive stance, and said, "Blood," before cautiously pressing on, ignoring the unseen hisses. Just as a small figure sitting on the ground became visible, a smaller object flew into his face, and he merely ducked out of the way, watching the figure, apparently a mongoose, quickly turn to adapt a protective stance in front of what looked to be an injured yearling, a combination of blood from more than two wolves. He looked to Petra, as this was her expertise.

He heard voices, but not the words. There was more than one wolf approaching. Wouldn't a pack's leader or a single scout come? He shivered as Egan left his side, not knowing what the mongoose was planning. Not long later, the little guy came back after giving a large wolf a warning attack. Ryuu whined at the mongoose, trying to stop another attack. Surely, the large wolf would kill them if he were to become annoyed. Luckily, Egan seemed to listen and settled back at his side, but continued to hiss lightly, warning the large, white pelted wolf, completely ignoring the smaller hybrid. Ryuu remained silent, waiting to see what would happen. Did these wolves live here? What would they do? He didn't know if he could fend off another attack. Then again, that's what he thought last time. He didn't want that to happen again.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2013 10:30 pm

She watched her teacher rise from his slumber, and a wave of guilt coursed through her. He needed rest just as much as she did, but she could handle being awake and moving around for a much longer duration than he could, at the moment. She wanted to rush to his side and help him up, but to do so would have insulted and embarrassed him. It would have for any aging wolf, really, unless they were injured. He was injured not because of a violent battle, but because of his years.

She didn't want to think about the day that he wouldn't be there when she needed him.

But for now, she looked at him, lavender eyes retaining their semi-glowing hue. She could see the pain all over his face, even if he tried to hide it. "Stop," she said softly, not commanding him, but enough to get his attention. "I can go. If there's trouble, I'll call you, or the rest of the pack will come running. You've... You've taught me plenty about handling myself." And she spoke the truth, here. He had taught her - and continued to teach her - so much. She was just a few months shy of being fully grown, now; her silvery-white coat became thicker for winter each passing day, and though she had yet to experience her first heat, she had no doubt that it was around the corner. Fact was, though, she could defend herself... Much more than before. Her form was fit, her skills honed, and she still had room to grow. "I'll be back."

Light paws turned away from him; she didn't want to give him room for a response. She knew he was stubborn, and would probably follow her, but at the same time, she hoped that he listened. It was for his benefit, afterall. Safe to say, though, she didn't have to walk very far to find the stream that she and Rawbones had frequented earlier. She paused along the banks, listening to the rippling of the water over the rocks, and inhaling the scents of autumn; sweet leaves, crisp fog, and the smell of an unfamiliar wolf caused her to turn her head upstream, where a white female lay, her head on her paws. Echo turned and approached, her shadow stretching ahead of her, reaching the stranger before her silhouette.

"Kind of late to be wandering into unknown territory, isn't it?" she said in a deadpan voice, but still curious. She wouldn't let this stranger know what kind of wolves lived in Jabbar until she found out who she was, first. She would display neither kindness nor threat. She would wait, indifferent, perceiving this newcomer before proceeding. She raised a brow. "How long have you been resting here?" she asked, tail raising slightly, taking control of the situation. This was her home. Despite her doubts, it was the single thing that she knew was certain.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Just as things seemed to be getting lively they just as quickly dampened with the elder and younger turning away from the pack one more. Apparently the wandering rogue Skyfall was not lively enough for the challenge and he too turned from it and left the lands. She would personally scout the perimeter in a few degrees of the sun but first she had other matters to attend to. Eyes wandered to young brute who lingered on hand but had ventured little to say in the recent matters. Akiko's blue eyes traced  his form, trim like his father but she could see Jaded's features there as well. Glancing about she noticed that Rawbones was still gone with Echo which was just as well because she needed to speak with Damean and she knew that he might be contrary to what she had to say. Heaving a sigh she let the pack wander from her having no jobs to assign for the moment. She supposed Bloodeye was off in some unbeknownst location with her pups else she would've heard from somebody at this point. Not to mention the wind had a way of carrying the scent of a carcass. Ruffling her nose at the thought she turned her body heading towards Damean who she was surprised stayed quiet so long. 

Coming up along side him she touched her nose to his shoulder and their eyes met. In his she could see the worry of a pack on such young shoulders but the lack of knowledge for truly understanding the breadth of it. "Come, we must talk." Obediently Damean jr. followed close at her side, he was getting big now. Losing her puppyhood slowly but surely. Akiko suddenly felt very old and sad, Damean flashed through her mind, the black rogue who had ruled this land...and changed it. They were dark but not ignorant, theirs was a cooler darkness that was subtle but just as deadly as her bolder sister. And now here she walked with his son bringing him through the ashen forest, bright leaves carpeted the floor making the woods rich with color. It was truly an awesome sight, and to slide through these trees like a ghost caught in paradise. They were quiet as they walked, each comfortable and familiar with the other. The sound of crunching foliage underfoot was their only attendant, and sometimes an errant cry of a lark. 

After a long while they arrived at a grove close to the edge of their territory. Akiko was quite surprised that Damean had stayed quiet that long without asking a question. She knew he had a penchant for curiosity and certainly the alpha skills not to be shy. It is because he can sense what I am to tell him. The thought rose up in her mind and she felt a pang in her chest but quelled it. She was no ruled by her emotions. He was looking at her expectantly and she let a out a sign and reclined on her haunches looking out to the forest. "Damean, tell me how you feel about Jabbar." She could sense him looking at her with a sort of funny grimace but it was important for her to hear this. After a moment more of silence where it was clear that Akiko was expecting a serious answer he turned his head away and cleared his throat. "I love this pack. It is my home, my life. But..." Akiko turned her head now to look at him. "But what?" Damean looked down feeling sheepish and a little ashamed. "It's just that it's all so much, I wish my mother and father could be here to teach it to me." Akiko frowned sympathetically and let that thought sit in the air a moment. She was unsure of how to go about this but she decided being blunt was the best course. 

Standing she turned and looked him in the eyes because he deserved to know the importance of her missive. "Before you're mother passed away she told me a great deal of her life. Shortly before your birth she had impressed on me a desire she had for her offspring." Pausing he nodded for her to go on, riveted about what she had to say. "Well, there is a pack your mother knows of that is a months journey to the west. It is called the Okami pack and is sequestered high in the mountains. Your mother had the belief that you could learn something from them, she knew a good deal of them there." Damean looked at her with an expression of shock but it slowly smoothed over after it dawned on him what was being offered here. He looked into Akiko's eyes and she watched him meaningfully. "And what do you think?" He asked quietly. Akiko held his gaze and respond with pause. "I think she would not have stressed it so if she did not think it was something that you didn't need. I think they could help you a great deal, I see your struggle and I see the demon staked in your heart. I also think it is healthy for a young wolf to travel." Again it was Damean turn to look shocked, he felt the truth in Akiko's words and his body panged with an unknown emotion throbbing through him. He struggled to put it down but as always when it took him he found he could not quite deal with it so easily. He felt constantly plagued with a sense of dread. He was doubtful of himself, doubtful of what he could do for the pack...for Echo. "I-I don't want to be a coward. I should stay here and lead these wolves. My fathers wolves." Akiko smiled sadly almost as if she regretted the need to coerce him into this. "It was you father's wish as well Damean, those of us that matter know. We have been here for awhile yet." Damean's face was pensive now, deep within himself think of what he had to do. "Why now?" He said quietly. "Because as arranged a guide will be available for you this very night." When Akiko stopped speaking there was a long silence as the pair sat there. There was a tension in the air but not uncomfortable, just pregnant. A course of a life was in this moment, the course of a wolfs journey.

Akiko let him think allowing him to go through his head. She knew it would be a difficult decision for him. He would be leaving everything he had ever known. She did not let the sadness she felt of him leaving creep in her face, she did not want to dissuade him when she knew how much his parents had desired this. Licking her lips she heard him inhale sharply as if having revelation. 

"And they will teach me?" Akiko nodded slowly. "Everything that you will need to know. Even fighting." Her voice was light on the last comment knowing all too well the appeal of fighting was to young brutes. Damean smiled lightly and became serious again in a passing moment. "There is one thing that I am going to command before I go." Akiko looked at him with a tilted head, a question in her eyes. "I am naming Echo my Queen of Jabbar. This is my only stipulation" He watched as Akiko's eye widened before she pursed her lips and after some consideration nodded her head. Now he felt his throat getting tight as he looked off into the woods. "Will you give her my love?" He felt the tears in his throat but he swallowed them. He needed to do this, he would return a better wolf, a stronger wolf. "Yes, of course. The guide will be just over the border straight from here, he may be there even now." She looked at him and saw him draw himself larger, as if dragging in all his courage had lent him strength and build his spine even straighter. "Right then, no point in delaying." He stepped forward and almost violently lunged into AKiko's neck in a fierce touch and she nestled into her shoulder. Akiko returned his affection and softly spoke in his ear. "Go with your mothers and fathers love and Damean..." She stepped back to look him in the face. "....and mine." Touching her nose to his face he jerked to the side and nodded. A weak smile forced its way onto his mug but excitement and determination shone in his eyes and Akiko smiled back encouragingly. He lingered a moment more and turned and trotted off into the forest, he didn't look back. 

Akiko stood there sometime and mused to herself sorting through the emotions that flitted through her until she found her contentment. "You'll do just fine kid." Then she turned and stalked back through the trees.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 17, 2013 12:35 am

Auds perked to Niveus as he spoke of Blade, regarding him highly in a way, with a hint of concern for the leaner wolf. Petra couldn't help but nod in agreement - it seemed that Niv knew his half-sibling well, even if they hadn't seen each other in years. She smiled, knowing Blade was so honest and true to himself, he hadn't changed at all over the seasons, and she loved him that way. Her smile quickly disappeared, soft eyes widening in fear as a strange hissing noise drifted toward them, and Niv put himself between her and the odd sound, the sudden movement making her jump. She had never heard such a sound, and wondered what it could be. She felt more on edge as the brute uttered just one word - blood. And then the scent hit her nares, and her hackles raised. Though she didn't wish harm upon anyone, she hoped that this blood was not from any of her packmates. She followed Niv as he went to investigate. She startled again as an unfamiliar creature leaped out of seemingly nowhere, taking a defensive stance in front of the two wolves.

Peeking out from behind Niv's large build, she saw the crumpled, bloodied form of a young wolf, but she didn't recognize him. She could see that he barely moved, just enough to communicate with the mongoose, but he said nothing as he peered up at them with uncertainty in his eyes. Seeing that there was no one else in the area, Petra stepped forward, glaring warily at the small animal that hissed aggressively. "I can help," she said, not knowing whether the creature would understand her - she had never tried to speak to anyone other than wolves. Cautiously, she moved toward the young wolf, keeping an eye on the mongoose - she knew Niv would do something if the animal attacked, but it seemed like a quick little creature, and even as it hissed she could see its sharp teeth and claws which made her nervous. Looking to the young male, her leafy green pools were filled with concern. He looked badly hurt. However, since he was still conscious after receiving such wounds, she was sure she could save him. "My name is Petra," she said softly, casting fretful glances at the mongoose, "I'm a healer, and I can help you if you'll allow us to bring you to my den."

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Bloodeye-2
The bitch didn't sleep, instead she stayed awake, alert of the sounds of the night and aware of the approach of new wolves in the territory. She wasn't interested in any of that right now, though. She looked to the pups as they began to stir, Noxus being the first to wake. She noticed him look longingly to her warm belly, wanting to suckle, but he thought twice and went to disrupt his brother from sleep. Bloodeye grinned, and nosed the large brute pup. "Eat all you can, you need to grow strong," she rasped, licking each of the pups. She lay still for a while longer, allowing her brood time to drink if they desired it, watching them from time to time as they snipped at one another.

The small fae pup, Flare, was roused from her slumber, and cast a cranky glare at her bigger brother. She would have rather slept longer, not interested in the wrestling game. Then her mother's tongue rasped over her ears, and she sat up, her nap over. Huffing, she made her way to a full teat, suckling in a hungry manner, digging in her nails until she felt satisfied.

Bloodeye rose suddenly, shaking out her ivory coat. The she cast her crimson orbs upon the whelps. They could probably do with more rest and time in the den, but she didn't want to go back to that dark little hole. Perhaps there was a den closer to the pack's main gathering area - she grew bored with this time spent alone and quietly focused on her whelps. She needed to group back with the wolves of the pack, even if it was only to cause friction. "Come along," she called to the pups, starting to pad away from them, "We have more traveling to do. Then you'll get to meet the other big wolves in Jabbar Junayd. There are none as scary as your mother, but perhaps almost as much..." She cocked a brow as she looked over the pups faces, wanting to see their reactions. These whelps wouldn't be like her previous litter... "So you'll make sure to duck your heads when you greet them," she rumbled without compromise, and a slight wrinkling of her muzzle - a menacing look. Her teeth showed under black lips, but she did not touch the whelps. Then her look changed to a grin of amusement, and she turned away from them, starting the movement, heading for Akiko's scent, for she knew others would gather around the Beta fae at some time or another...

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Rawbones
The elder was painfully aware of Echo's eyes on him as he struggled. He could hardly right himself, and he felt like he was flailing like a whelp learning to walk in front of her. How could he be taken seriously when he was like this? Rumbling, he forced his paws to steadiness. Then Echo's voice came; she was telling him to stop, and before he could object, she had excused herself and was turning tail to run off. His jaws were still agape, his protest caught on the edge of his tongue. He merely blinked as he watched her disappear. He felt pitied, which caused him to growl in frustration. The longer he stood there, the greater the anger that coursed through his veins. Oh how he loathed this useless and aging body! He was sure he would be back on his paws, healed in no time with this injury behind him, but what would happen next? Irrational, he shook his head, refusing to accept this. "This is nothing!" he growled, and he plodded forward, "I've survived battle wounds greater than this!" His voice carried off into the woods, but there was no one to hear it.

Rawbones followed Echo's trail, weaving between the dark tree trunks. He winced with each step, despite the seeds she had given to him, but he was determined to tough out this injury. Still, his progress was slow and painful, and he couldn't help wondering if he should just quit. He paused, gritting his teeth. Echo spent all night training while I dozed, he thought, resentment for the situation building in his mind, She hasn't had a blink of sleep, but she's up and about... tireless. Now there's me, so old and fragile... a senior. He hung his head, struggling between self-pity and his will to keep going. He felt all used up, completely drained. "Oh, what I wouldn't do to be young again," he hissed through clenched jaws. He knew it was impossible to go back in time, to retain his youth and live longer. Yet there was so much more that he longed to do with his life. One day he would be gone, and he wouldn't be here to protect the wolves he cared about. If only he had more time, to be there for them all. And to leave something behind. If I die now, my legacy ends here - life will go on without me, and my memory will be forgotten... forever, he thought with a shudder. Other wolves had those that would remember them for generations, or in the very least their blood would be passed on. They had others to carry their existence on eternally. I will merely cease to exist. The thought frightened him more than he cared to admit.

He shook his head. What did all of it matter now? Surely he had many seasons ahead of him. Yet still, he found it impossible to shake the thoughts, knowing that he wasn't getting any younger, and he was just going to disappear someday. Although he knew that time was not an enemy he could fight, he wanted to resist the season's passing with a sudden and desperate passion. He needed to fend off this abrupt sense of impending doom. Readying himself to keep moving, he steadied all four paws on the ground and set forth, grinding his teeth and holding his tail high. This age can't stop me if I don't stop! he assured himself, Getting old is just a trick of the mind... I won't be slowed down! Feeling somewhat more certain about himself, he limped onward, until he finally met the stream. Sticking to the shadows, he crept along until he spotted Echo standing over an unfamiliar white wolf, her posture demanding as she addressed the intruder, but clearly not threatening. Crouching down, Rawbones took the opportunity to tuck his paw into his body to rest it, watching to see what would happen. He felt better, his mind distracted from his miserable wallowing, instead more interested to see how Echo would handle things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 12:43 pm

Now the smaller one approached. He realized she must be part wolf. This was the first time in his memory he saw one. Ryuu watched her movements, unsure whether to believe her, but a stronger instinct telling him to yield. Deciding these instincts hadn't yet let him down, he nodded, orange flecked, silver orbs reflecting a cautious neutrality. The mongoose, who had paused to watch the wolf, quieted and retreated to hover near Ryuu, alert, but calm, conversationally chattering. Ryuu didn't know what Egan was saying, assuming the mongoose was even talking, but it wasn't threatening toward the others.
The Tibetan wolf figured he didn't have any broken bones, but it would be nice to have the cuts and gashes treated... and the mixture of blood cleaned. He wasn't sure if he could trust his voice yet to speak. It was difficult to determine what kind of wolves they were, the female seemingly far kinder than the other, who was carefully watching them. Not that he could blame the male for being cautious after Egan's antics.

Niveus refrained from speaking, not wanting the set the mongoose off, and while Petra carefully moved forward, he remained where he was, respecting the distance the tiny creature wanted him to keep. It wasn't until the yearling nodded his head in reply to Petra that the mongoose stood down, but Niv remained where he was for now, deciding it was best to leave the lead to Petra. Niv kept an eye on the mongoose, though, even though it wasn't in a position to attack. What happened where the whelp was injured, but the mongoose, the apparent friend, wasn't? Mongooses were fast and very clever, but to come out unscathed... He wasn't sure what to think of the situation. And for whatever reason, the kid wasn't saying anything yet. Although it could be from some sort of shock. He'd leave it to Petra when to decide to worry about that.
Back to top Go down
Pandia

Pandia

Number of posts : 3
Pawprints : 10
Registration date : 2013-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 pm

.A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Eb98f888-89b3-4329-aeee-b8b70291d53a_zpse4e73ed6
-Slowly.. ever slowly the time seemed drag on night still loomed over the land like a dark shadow grasping the earth in its palm, yet, somehow, peering through a small gap in the darkness the silver moon  expanded its rays and a few areas below lighting it ever slightly Still located under the large tree, the ivory famine allowed her amber hued orbs to slowly close as once again sleep slowly consumed her mind bit by bit yet, her receivers rested upwards and fully alert due to the adrenalin still running though her veins thus preventing her from returning to her slumber, which to be honest she didn’t really want to due to the dream she has just escaped from.

That funny combination of tiredness but alertness irritated her very much and so she rocked her frame, hunting for a new spot or position to lay and to be more comfortable yet once again she came up empty a frustrated whine vibrated within her vocal cords before she lowered her ears slightly to rest them upon her skull, just as this action was made she caught the faint sound of movement somewhere around her, snapping her head up she peered round her frame, the feeling of being watched… watched from a distance in combination with the eerily night caused the pearl fem to raise her hackles in a simple reflex.

Flickering receivers soon picked the voice up from the opposing wolf and upon it, the ivory female turned her skull to rest her amber orbs upon the being that spoke slowly the ivory female clambered to her pads, as her appendages stretched they cracked slightly before she shifted her weight slightly examining the statuesque of the fem before her orbs she tilted her skull slightly as her tassel swayed ever slight at her hocks showing her content mood with the current situation.

-parting her maw she spoke ~ Greetings~ she purred her tone somewhat bitter sweet as she reclined and gently placed her rump on the domain before her fluffy banner automatically curled and lay at her flank in an almost feline manner. The rays of the moon slowly crept closer thus removing the shadows that lucked round her being and making her move visible to the creatures in the area, now directly under the moon light, her pelt shimmered slightly almost making her look like a ghost or some other supernatural creature that would normally cause one to completely mistaken her for a gentle sole yet one must realise that although this female had a soft and rather beautiful complexion.. What lurked beneath was far from a heavenly creature. ~ Yes, I suppose it tis rather late to wonder around... Though one must do what one can to survive…-she stated in her sickly tone that meant no threat but it sure as hell didn't suggest she was a pleasant soul. The tip of her tassel moved slightly a little habit she gained when she was thinking a moment passed before she spoke again ~ my name is pandia,  surely  am doing no harm in these lands? I simply seek hunt... And a home ~ she added before she cocked her head slightly wondering what the response of the female would be.-
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

Number of posts : 41
Pawprints : 76
Registration date : 2012-08-26

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 8:48 pm

Otso stumbled on to the packlands. Desperately he had tried to find his pup, tracking him on the merest whisper of leads as it was his last threads of hope. The brute, his brain clouded with pain and his many-hued coat full of sand, was near breaking down. A hot anger was flaming deep within him; but directed solely at himself for allowing Ryuu to be seperated from him.

For many long, torturous days he had struggled, sleeping in cold dips in the unforgiving sands while the velvet skies glared down on him. Prey had been scarce; hunger contracted his belly as often as his heart thudded - a reality he hated. Many a night he had wished his eyes would never open. He had failed himself, he had failed Flutter. But most of all he had failed Ryuu. Who had trusted him. And now, the yearling was most probably dead.

With a huff of despair, Otso raised his orange-dusted muzzle, his grey skull tipped back and ruff tumbling over ebony-tipped shoulders. His back, though wounded and scarred, was strong and straight. His creamy underbelly was turned streaky with his blood, his pads were cut and ripped. His sides heaved with exertion despite his stillness, and Otso's abused muscles were trembling under his dull coat.

Tipping his head still further, he closed his golden orbs to mere slits and let his anguished lyrics pour forth, torn and weak with loss, pain and underpinned with the pure wail of despair.
"I seek shelter, forgiveness and acceptance with your pack. I am alone and mean no harm." He closed his muzzle, and lowered his head to stare, his eyes empty, at the ground, unseeing. He barely noticed his environment. He felt wrapped in darkness and just seeked to find his Ryuu. The wolf Otso saw now as his son, though he doubted the younger realised. "Ryuu..." He whispered, his voice broken, full of anguish and guilt. Collapsing to the ground, overwhelmed, he lay there and waited, uncaring of what the new pack saw fit to do with an injured, broken loner such as he. Oh, that final battle... He had killed. He had killed, and he had, in part, revelled in the power of it, and yet disgusted by it all the same. He was so torn up inside, and although a strong brute, wanted nothing more than to be hushed and told that he had to do nothing more, that Flutter would take care of it. That everything would be okay, and that Otso had done everything in his power.

But of course, he knew that it wasn't going to happen.

He knew he hadn't done enough.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:42 pm

((I'm going to assume Akiko will be preoccupied with Bloodeye))

Blade turned, walking away. He didn't have all night to wait to see if Kali would respond. If she didn't get lost and wander out of the lands, she'd eventually find them. If she did wander away... not his problem. They could use some strong wolves, but he wasn't going to waste his energy herding them. She'd come back on her own if she wanted to stay. As long as she didn't turn out to be another Zai.
He finished patrolling the borders, nothing suspicious apart from the far away wolf signs that were always present, which rarely came close to the borders. Although... one scent seemed closer than normal. Intrigued, he lingered, waiting. Some minutes later, he heard a howl, not too far from his position. Blade made his way over at a medium pace, wondering what the lyrics meant. It sounded soft. Too soft. This wolf had better have a good reason for being here for that, or their interrupted show might just continue- with different participants.
"Forgiveness? From us or yourself? For your sake, better not be from us." Blade stepped out of the shadows as he drew nearer, voice traveling faster than his body towards the pitiful figure on the ground. There was a defeated look about the wolf. He seemed physically capable, looking beyond nature's beating and battle wounds- something always useful to a pack. Maybe... Maybe hope was not lost for this wolf. He'd determine this, and then decide if he was worthy to bring to Akiko or young Damean. Orange orbs flashed unsympathetically as he stated, "Do you not know of these lands, or do you seek death? Get up. There is a healer if you are acceptable and strong enough to get there. Who are you and why have you come?" He could guess what Petra would do, had she been here. Niveus, had this been their homeland, would have killed the wolf, knowing his pack wouldn't care to help. A swift death was more merciful than being ignored and left to die. Blade didn't know what his half sibling would do today. Perhaps sought help. The question he suddenly wanted to know, was what would Damean Sr. have done? Been just as cold, or kinder? Near the end, Blade had been less certain of his demeanor than when he originally met the wolf. The late Damean of many moons past had changed over time. Still dark, but not corrupt. Nevertheless, no matter how radical they were, nothing can completely eradicate shadows. Brighter sunlight in a cave cast deeper shadows if one were to observe carefully.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 am

His ears flicked as the stranger stepped from the shadows. He raised his head wearily and stood in a laborious and painful movement. "From myself. I... Think I killed a pup." He said numbly, a flat smile at odds with his empty eyes. So many questions. With a slight shrug of his scarred shoulder, he flicked his tongue once over his nose before replying.

"I'm Otso. I wasn't born in these lands, I was forced out when my father was surprised when I punished my siblings and half-siblings for their treatment of me. I was the best." His voice grew strength and venom as he spoke, cold anger spreading to his eyes as the hot rage in his chest grew further.   "They hated my strength. My father knew I would overthrow him one day, and the pack already hated me. It was not hard for him to force me out."   He spat the words out, the word father being uttered on a growl of pure hatred.   "If I ever catch scent of those wolves again, I will kill them. Slowly and painfully." He promised, bitter with loss and rejection. "My future mate was killed due to my cowardice, and I was forced to roam the sands alone. Finally, I found the pup Ryuuketsu and his mongoose. We battled veterans that told of the pups past, but he can't remember any of his beginnings himself. I lost him, and followed a trail here. If he is on your lands, I am staying here." He said this forcefully, not accepting negotiation on the matter. Ryuu was not getting split from him again. 

Otso missed the company and the change that he would go under when around the boy. He was no longer haunted with Flutter or broken images of his dead siblings, or tortured with his many mistakes. But of course, the boy was dead. There was no way he would have made it this far.

Finally, he spoke again.
"I don't want Ryuu to know if I die. If your pack are to kill me and the boy is with you, don't let him see. Tell him you found my dead body. For his sake." If he had heard himself a year ago he would have laughed with scorn and ripped his own throat out. Maybe he should revert to type again. Thinking like a cannibalistic brute appeared easier. He shook heavy shoulders and met the orange stare for a moment, letting the other brute see the shadows that still darkened the pools of gold. He may be haunted, but he was not afraid.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:55 am

This was the most similar story to his own he'd yet heard, but so much different in outcome. Different enough that he almost verbally lashed out. Think. The past was past, even if it decide to rear its head, and he was over it. This wolf, though... "I know not of this whelp, but he sounds to have a fitting name. Come. If both of you fought and this whelp ended up here, the healer might have him. You have good eyes, walking in the darkness we do, and I grant you passage. If he's not here, though, don't think you can just freely wander away without a response from us. Your problems are your own, but show weakness if your search is in vain, I won't hesitate to slay you."
This wolf would stay here, dead or alive, or be chased off, depending on the outcome of this search. "Fall behind, and I'll leave you unaided," Blade stated. He turned towards Petra's den, the last location he knew her to be. If she wasn't there, they'd wait for her return. Otso had what it takes, but would he retain that, or lose it? It seemed time would tell.
Back to top Go down
Otso_Elite

Otso_Elite

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:09 pm

Otso's shoulders slumped just a fraction at the brute's lack of recognition. He nodded, willing to check. At the unexpected compliment, a wash of pride sparked him; rather like that of a pup told he had done well. In an instant, he felt younger and yet older, aware that this was life or death. He was unsurprised, however, that this brute would kill him. He had expected nothing less, though the back of his consciousness did tell him to take offence. Forcing down his instincts, he remained silent.

The wolf seemed to be preparing to move. A memory rose, unbidden, of the first day with Ryuu. They had run, almost into the ground it had felt to the older wolf. Is this how Ryuu had felt? Like he had to impress, had to run himself in relentlessly? The only difference this time was the pace. Masking his emotional spike, with a severe sense of repeating his life, he turned in the same direction as the brute that his life now lay with, gazing into deep shadows. Anticipation nipped his heels. He had to succeed. "I understand."

He mulled things over, quietly and unspeaking. With a shock, he realised that the name and pack of this stranger was unknown to him. "Where am I and who are you?" He asked suddenly, his tone not sharp but not gentle, just slightly authoritative without being disrespectful. He didn't want to be submissive, but nor did he want his throat ripped out and his lifeblood becoming little more than a decoration. 
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 10:51 am

Echo watched the newcomer rise with cold eyes and listening ears. She stood still as the fem's tail swayed, content and peaceful-looking, but Echo was familiar with how looks were deceiving. She was the living example of it. Pandia was easy enough to relay her information to her, as well as her name; it was only fair to reply. "You are in the lands of Jabbar Junayd, owned by his kingship Damean Jager," she said as matter-of-factly. "To hunt here, as well as reside here with the rest of us, requires his permission. I am Echo. Before we seek him out, however, I must ask you a couple of questions, if I may..." She took a few steps towards her, once again testing the grounds for a threat. She was prepared for a snap or a snarl; these were lands of darkness and wild, afterall. They were lands she had been born into, though the woods she knew in her heart was different from the ones she resided in. Lavender orbs met Pandia's.

"The darkness of these woods saturates the creatures that inhabit it," she said, a single brow perked. "Jabbar is not for the faint or light of heart. Are you able to comprehend that? I do not know what kind of lands you hail from, either, nor the wolves you used to run with... And now, seemingly, run away from." They were simple questions, really. She had overheard Akiko teaching Damean many times, and she couldn't help but eavesdrop. In order to determine if a wolf was allowed in, you had to ask them: Where did they come from? Why were they here? What did they want? Failing to do so could result in tragedy. And though she held no outstanding rank and was not the leader of the pack, Damean trusted her. If Akiko trusted her... That very well may be a different story. But she knew that she had Rawbones as a backup, a fail-safe, and she relied more on the old bru than he probably knew.

She reclined back on her haunches, as Pandia appeared to do the same; Echo's tailed remained raised and her ears forward, however, assertive and listening. "Aside from an empty stomach, why do you believe these woods would claim you as one of their own?" she asked, her voice still as solid and monotonous as it was before; it was cool and even, like sharpened steel, but soft, as if the metal was still malleable. It was no threat, but direct. She needed answers.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 pm

Blade had been sharp, but he wasn't completely inconsiderate. His pace wasn't hurried, but neither was it slow; it was a pace that shouldn’t hurt the bru’s pride. "Jabbar Junayd is the name of these lands, and it’s just Blade,” the grey wolf supplied, “Interpret it how you wish.” It wasn’t often a wolf was able to guess the proper meaning on his own, not that it mattered. He glanced at the trees, many of them yet to reach their full height, but far closer than they had been those moons ago. It was becoming more difficult to detect traces of the fire as the new trees sprouted and grew, growing to be as strong as their predecessors had once been.

He voiced a thought, an uncommon occurrence under some circumstances, “Your whelp got separated and sought this place out? Seems to be trying to live up to his namesake, ending up here. Is ‘Ryuuketsu’ his original name?” Currently, Otso himself wasn’t as interesting as this unknown whelp. Enigmas interested him more than anything, and wolves with amnesia were one. What happened for one to lose their memory? What kind of wolf had they been? He’d heard of cases where a wolf’s personality was completely altered and the difficulty of coping, if the wolf were to regain his memory. He wouldn’t probe a whelp for information, but actions spoke for themselves if the mind was open to taking in that kind of information. Of course, this was assuming the whelp was here. But the name sounded to be a strong one, assuming the name was intended for the whelp himself to be the one to draw blood from his opponent and not the other way around…
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 12:23 am

Petra could tell that the young wolf was uncertain, not sure whether or not he could trust them. Unfortunately, he didn't have much choice. The healer, too, was cautious, still wary of the mongoose, although it seemed to have calmed down and was accepting her approach without resistance. She moved until she stood over the young bru. Her eyes shifted over the young male's frame, examining the wounds and dried blood. If he had made it this far, he must be able to go a little further with their help. "If you can, please stand up," she said in a soft but commanding tone, "You need to be under shelter so I can keep you warm and treat your wounds. Just lean on me if you need to." Although she was still healing from the damage done by the stampede, she had most of her strength back, and certainly enough to help get someone in need back to safety.

Looking to Niv, she requested, "Would you standby to assist if needed?" She hoped that he would oblige. If he was anything like some of the dark wolves that had always resided in these lands, he might show some resistance to helping someone so helpless. Most wolves here would rather add stronger wolves to their ranks, and not waste time helping and raising the weak. But Petra could see the potential, and knew that she could get this young wolf back on his paws - she was the one that would nurse the weak back to strength. Hopefully he would fit in and stay with the pack, or at least pledge allegiance to them. Standing right beside the wolf, Petra waited to see if he would speak or stand up, ready to give assistance if he couldn't move on his own. Then they could get back to her den, where she could start working on him.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 11:30 am

He looked up at the wolf as she spoke. Right. They were still close to the border. Ryuu slowly got up, determined to not require aid. It was tiring, but the stupid sand in the lone lands were more draining than the softer ground here. He stood, ready to follow the wolves, deeper into their territory. There were questions he had, but it was probably best to wait until later, and when he saw some water.  Although not too dehydrated, his throat was starting to become scratchy. He gave Egan a look, and the mongoose quietly moved to his side.

"Of course," Niveus replied to Petra. The only hesitation he had was if the kid would let him help if he wavered. He took a position off to the side of Ryuu, not wanting to antagonize the mongoose, but close enough to catch the kid if he were to lose balance. It'd be easier for him to carry the kid, but the little guy had quite a bit of pride, he noticed, watching him stand up, ready to go. Looking at the young wolf, he wondered where he came from, but decided against trying to get answers... yet. He had to be fixed up first, and hopefully the wolf would open up, seeing that they weren't going to harm him. For now, he decided to give the kid some information, "If you didn't know, you're in Jabbar Junayd. I'm Niveus, and Petra already introduced herself. There are those your age here, so you'll have some company once you're better."
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 12:06 am

Petra could see that the young wolf was struggling, but he showed clear determination and wanted to stay on his own paws without assistance. A little smirk curled the edge of her lips. His pride would help him get where he needed to go, and he wasn't showing any weakness. He would fit in just fine. As Niveus spoke and introduced himself, and gave the younger information on where he was, Petra nodded in agreement, though otherwise remained silent. Certain that he would be able to walk by himself, she flicked her curved tail in signal to move out. She walked slightly ahead, but kept the pace reasonable so he would not fall behind or be pushed too hard. The trek was long and slow but not difficult. Petra wanted to get the young wolf straight into her den where she could get to work properly. She could have water delivered to him from there, and maybe food, if there was any to spare at the moment. I wonder if Echo is around, it would be great experience for her to work on someone else, she thought. But she didn't see the young fae around, so shrugged with a slight frown.

At last they arrived at the den site, and the small hybrid fae passed through the area, padding down the trail to her secluded den under a large boulder. The tunnel appeared dark and unwelcoming, but the spicy scent of dried herbs wafted up from within, telling of what lay inside. Petra turned to Ryuu. "Go ahead inside," she offered softly, making way for him, "Your little friend is welcome, too. Make yourself comfortable, and I'll see to it that we get water for you." As she waited for him to enter the den, she started to sort through in her mind the things she would need, and where she would go to retrieve water. She had a sturdy chunk of bark, taken off the edge of a large, knotted tree, which would make for a great carrier for water. And she had some leftover herbs inside that Echo had collected for her, to help treat her own wounds. She even had some yellow dock remaining, which would give back some of the energy drained through blood loss.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:53 am

Ryuu followed the pair relieved they weren't insisting upon aiding him, trying to pay attention to the landscape around him and finding it difficult. He still wasn't sure what set him off. Sure, both parties had been hostile, but it could have just been touch from a wolf he didn't know. These wolves were willing to treat him, and he didn't want his head to get foggy again. Maybe someone here could treat amnesia? Was it even treatable? Apparently, he had plenty of time to think, seeing he was lost in thought for some time. Through all this, the mongoose walked quietly beside him. Had it been any other small creature, it'd have tripped Ryuu from walking so close. It was something else that annoyed him. He couldn't remember Egan very well, but Egan apparently knew Ryuu well.

Soon, they reached a den- a healer's den? Is this where all the healers worked? He was unsure about it at first, but Petra did say to go in... The yearling steadied himself and made his way in, seeing that it was nicer on the inside than he'd expected. He saw the neat grouping of various plants, and felt some cushioning underneath him rather than just the cold, hard dirt. He made his way to a section near the wall that seemed the most unused and out of the way and lay down, instinctively curling up, protective of his injuries. Despite knowing she'd help, he couldn't help it. His injuries and seeing the blood reminded him of when he first remembered waking up, seeing the blood and the dead carcass...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 12:26 am

Petra was glad to see that her patient was quiet and non argumentative. She could tell that he was uncertain, especially as he looked into the depths of her healer's den, but he went in without question, and the tension melted from the air. She went in after him, just briefly to pick up her chunk of bark, then headed out. She nodded to Niveus. "Thank you," she said with a smile, "You don't have to stick around if you don't want to. But you're welcome to stay." It was an open invitation for him to stay or go as he pleased, it wouldn't bother her either way, although company was always nice. But she assumed he wouldn't have much interest in hanging around while she treated a newcomer's wounds. Padding off into the woods, it was not far to the nearest source of water, a small, clear stream that trickled over smooth rocks. She dipped the bark cup into the water, acquiring a sufficient amount, and soothing her own dry throat, before heading back.

The healer ducked into her den, and set the water near the young wolf. "Let me know if you need more when you are done," she spoke softly, her tone always gentle, "I'll have a closer look at your wounds while you drink. It may sting at times, but I assure you it will help you heal faster and with fewer infections." She had no way of knowing what he was thinking, but the way he curled his body in protection of his injuries, he still seemed restless and anxious. There was little she could do to soothe his state of mind, though she hoped that he would see he needn't be on guard here with her. Petra picked up some of the herbs, and the root, and brought it toward the young male. She set them down nearby, and began to brush through his coat, seeking out the worst of his cuts. Quietly she busied herself preparing little bits of her supplies, then paused, pushing forward the yellow dock. "If you eat this, it will take away some of your weariness," she informed him, allowing him to choose if he wished to consume it. Then she continued on, mashing the herbs with her teeth, applying the pulp to some of the nastier wounds to prevent or alleviate any developing infection.

Having covered up the wounds that most needed it, she backed off and gave the wolf some space. She lay down at a distance from him so he could have some room to breathe. She wondered if he would speak, or have anything to ask about, but he seemed a very reserved wolf. Perhaps it was only due to his injuries. "So.. did you just end up here by chance?" she pressed gently, curious, "And do you have a name? What about your little friend?" She wondered if the mongoose could speak at all, so far she had only heard it hiss and growl, so she wasn't sure if it could communicate with them and give a name, but perhaps the boy knew. She also wondered where they'd come from; it seemed like such a foreign thing for a wolf and a mongoose to tag along together the way they did.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 2:48 am

He watched her enter and leave just as quick, carrying something. Ryuu didn't really pay attention as he thought about what to say, because he knew there would be questions sooner or later, being quiet this whole time. After some minutes, he noticed Petra's return, and he saw what the woody material was for. When it was clear she'd start treating him, his body outwardly relaxed, loosening the curl of his spine, but muscles still slightly tense. He was doing his best to relax, but it was difficult, with all the hostile encounters he'd had.

A root was pushed near him, and his eyes slightly narrowed as she explained. He stuck his nose closer to it, sniffing. It was probably foolish, as she or that Niveus could have killed him already many times over. He took a swallow of water before cautiously taking a nibble of the yellow dock, scrunching his nose a bit at the bitter taste, but did continue to consume the root. Ryuu then continued to lap at the water. All the while, he felt the healer's prodding as she applied the pulp. The deeper injuries stung, but he showed not visible reaction.
Mostly silver eyes watched her settle down when she finished her task, and he just knew the questions would come. Where was the alpha, though? They surely had to be aware of his presence by now. He started to answer what he could in a surprisingly steady voice, although quiet, "I'm Ryuuketsu, or Ryuu. This is Egan; I think I've known him my whole life. I don't know much else. Some time ago, I woke up with no memory where Otso found me. Wolves ambushed us twice, looking for me. I don't know what happened for sure, but next thing I knew, they were dead. The second time, we were headed for those dark mountains to the east, and Otso and I were separated. I kept moving, but there were these weird old wolves headed there, so I turned and ended up here." Was this going to be the moment he got kicked out for his memory? For blanking out during those fights? If it was a sign of instability, they probably would for the sake of the pack. He kept his eyes fixed on Petra, waiting for a response.

He watched the yearling enter the den, nodding to Petra when she gave him a choice. "I'll stay out here for a while. Don't really want to wander off quite yet, and Blade hasn't seen you since you took your rest." He settled himself to the side of the den, eyes forward to keep an eye for anyone who might approach. Niveus hadn't been wise enough to do what was best for his family, but he was determined to do Blade right, and perhaps regain some trust.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:15 am

OOC: Moving on... I PM'd Pandia a week and a half ago.

Echo paused, listening. When the female did not immediately reply, her lavender eyes onced her over again, searching for any sign of a threat or trouble. And though Pandia spoke with silky tones and gazed at her with cat-like eyes, Echo could see that this was her personality, not her motive. Her silence was her method of listening. It wasn't the toughest of calls, but Echo could only think of what would happen if Pandia was more of a threat than she had cared to notice... This was her responsibility. "You may be allowed passage through Jabbar Junayd," she stated, again without emotional inflection. "But residency requires the approval of Damean or Akiko. That is not my call." She turned to walk back in the direction she had come, but looked over her shoulder. "I am not the only one in this part of the lands. Keep that in mind," she added with a bit of curt; she could only imagine what would happen if Bloodeye ran into such a woman. It was a moment that Echo was thankful for such a harsh packmember as she.

Echo headed back to rest, when her nose pointed her in the direction of Rawbones. He had followed her and was hiding out in the brush. She sighed. "You didn't have to get up," she said, ears folding in sympathy. However, she was always secretly glad for his presence, his observations, his input. "So I'm guessing you saw that," she added, motioning in Pandia's direction. "Was that... okay? I don't think she's a threat, but I gave her a warning just in case." Amethyst eyes searched for his, searched for either approval or criticism. Did he know how important these minute details were to her? She just wanted everything to be perfect... For Damean, for Akiko, for the whole pack. She was tired of being the letdown, but the learning curve to take up such responsibilities was steep. She would be a full-year come January... Eligible for an actual rank. She wanted to prove that she could do it.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Ooc: Doing a phone post so its gunna look massive to me but will really be a paragraph XD

Akiko strolled through the woods head down in thought. Her ivory auds flicked with her musings, how was Echo going to take this news? How was she going to deal with this new relationship dynamic. Certainly the fem would be Dameans chosen whether he left or not but Akiko was unsure of her capacity to make this situation work. She would not just be granted title of Queen and be allowed to take over..no there were those in the pack that would protest more than she on that matter. She would have to tell the pack as well that Damean's prodigy had gone off into the world to discover himself and she was unsure of how they would react. Akiko knew full well a pack that did not seem to have an alpha was off balance and vulnerable. Some might see it as an opportunity, though it would be a few foolish ones to dare challenge her. Grousing about it she decided she was just being irritable. This would all pan out but perhaps with some jostling along the way.

As she began to near the main lands again motion to her right caught her attention...also the uncerimoniously loud crunching of leaves underpaw. She spied Bloodeye and ..two...no three pups trailing her. Akiko couldn't help but smile heartened by the addition to the pack. Changing course to intercept the small family she ducked her head in greeting and paused before them. "Lo Bloodeye, Bringing them to meet the pack?" She thought of Damean Jr. then, he probably would've enjoyed seeing the new puls but it couldn't be helped. She wondered how Bloodeye would take the news, the fem's thoughts were always something of a mystery but Akiko believed her loyal to Jabbar.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:09 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Bloodeye_zpsc6d2126f

Moving at a slow pace so the whelps could keep up, Bloodeye prowled with a slow sway, her movements fluid and graceful as always. The tall, dark pines surrounding her went barely noticed as she passed by their ashen trunks. She was weary, and ignored that which was not relevant, but she was still aware. She had been seeking Akiko, but it seemed that the woman had found her instead, and Bloodeye lifted her head, eyes narrowed, as the femme approached. She dipped her head as the Beta fae greeted her. She grinned as Akiko easily determined her reason for being on the move with three small whelps in tow. "Greetings, Akiko," she rasped, tail shifting from one side to the other, "I thought Damean might want to meet my brood." A low, wicked cackle escaped through clenched teeth. She knew that Damean hated her, as much as she hated him, and she had hoped to see his blood boil at the sight of her spawn. Little did she know, that moment of amusement would never come. Still, for the moment, she would ensure that her whelps greeted their higher-up, an introduction that was of equal importance.

She turned to her litter and nudged them forward. Though Akiko was a small femora, she still towered above the whelps. They would learn to lower their heads if they stepped out of line, though they were so very young, it was too soon to assume they would deliberately misbehave. Bloodeye's paw lightly pushed the fae pup forward. "The girl is Flare," she said dryly, showing neither pride nor kindness as she spoke, then pointed to the smaller male, "This is Loki. And their larger brother, that is Noxus." With each pup she touched them with her paw. Flare sat down, conflicted between curiosity to see the new wolf with the sharp blue eyes, and uncertainty about what would happen if she made the wrong move. She might hear her mother's sharp rebuke, but perhaps this wolf was just as unforgiving. So, the whelp merely sat still, dipping her head slightly as she had seen her mother do. When Bloodeye was done introducing them, she sat back quietly, leaving it to Akiko to examine them and then determine if she would be on her way, or if she would gather the pack.

Bloodeye personally hadn't seen any of the wolves, except for Rawbones and Echo briefly, since after the stampede. She hadn't seen that black demon since he'd left... her claws dug into the ground slowly, almost imperceptibly. Oh, how she hated his damnable soul, when she knew she shouldn't care at all. How was it that he had drawn her in, and yet, here she was, cursed by her own actions led astray. A fool... ruined by a doting stray. How pathetic. Grinding her teeth and rolling her eyes, the vixen trained her gaze on Akiko, hoping the fae would gather the others. "How does the pack fare now?" she asked distantly,, then added with a ill-natured smirk, "Where is the young prince, anyways? Surely he would want to know what goes on in the pack that was handed to him?" She needed a break from her solitude, regardless of the interaction, for she wasn't sure how much more of her own poison she could swallow.

Last edited by Shadowed on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 pm

He was awoken from his slumber by his mother, pushing him out of the den with his siblings. He growled at the gesture, his jaw still feeling sore from the meaty meal, but he did not complain. Instead, he followed behind Flare and Noxus; while they were bigger, he was still able to keep up. He sauntered behind them as they left the den, farther than they had ever gone before, all sorts of scents assaulting his nose, and most of them unfamiliar: there was the ever-present pine scent of the trees, and then there were warm, musky scents and nutty, buttery ones. He didn't know what they were, but something flitted in the trees above him, and he cast his gaze upward to see a rat-like animal leaping from branch to branch, chittering at him. He was compelled to bark at it and chase it, but he knew that his mother would not approve. So he scowled at it, eyes red. He would catch the thing one day.

They stopped, and he sidled up between his brother and sister, as a much larger white wolf came into view. Their mother must have trusted her, because this was one of the first wolves that she did not snarl nor snap at. In fact, she tipped her head at her; Vincent watched as Flare did the same. "Copycat," he muttered, but followed suit. He didn't know why they had to do this. It was dumb. And who was this other wolf? Loki didn't pay attention to what they were talking about and turned to Noxus. "Hey. Did you see that thing back there? I wanna catch it. I wonder what it tastes like." Unlike his sister, it seemed, Loki disregarded the idea of what he said landing him in trouble. What was trouble, anyways? It would be fun, something different, and his smile resembled that of a jokester's, the kind that his father wore.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:42 am

Rawbones stayed crouched in the brush, watching and nodding with approval as Echo handled the situation appropriately. Her demeanor was cold as the stream trickled calmly in the background, and she showed no signs of irritation with the fae's silence. Yet she left the femora with serious warning, implied through her tone. As she left the fae, Rawbones remained flattened to the ground, certain that he would remain hidden. At the last moment it seemed that Echo caught scent of him and turned directly towards him. He got to his paws, straightening up with his stiff tail flicking up, a sheepish grin upon his maw. "You didn't expect me to just lie around pitying myself, did you?" he said proudly, amusement glittering in his hazy silver eyes, "Besides, I don't take orders from young'uns." He chuckled a bit. He had secretly struggled to come all this way, flashing between self-pity, pain and determination. In the end, Rawbones was always determined, even when his body protested.

As she asked for an opinion about her performance, he met her eyes, which seeked out his. "That was just as it should be," he said with a nod, glancing in Pandia's direction, "You're right, she doesn't seem to be any threat right now... but she won't be forgiven if she crosses any of our packmates." He let a gruff chuckle of amusement pass his lips, knowing that the wolves of Jabbar would not for a single moment tolerate any foolishness nor threats in their own territory. Yet, they were mostly docile enough to let lone wolves pass through so long as they hurried. If that fae loitered too long, she would be cast out or destroyed, whichever fate she brought upon herself, but for now she was no bother and still a welcome prospect to the pack. Turning away from Pandia, his attention back on Echo, he flicked an ear. "Don't worry, you're doing much better than you think," he assured her, then motioned away from the stream, "You'll soon ascend amongst the ranks. Why don't we bring back a snack for our hungry packmates? Oh, and that leftover poppy seed, too. Our healer will want that. Then you can get to rest."

With that he turned away from her, staggering back to where there were still scraps of meat left on the deer. He knew he wouldn't be able to catch anything small in his condition, but he was certain that Echo could snag something, a hare or something of the like, unless she had different ideas. However, without waiting he made his way to the deer, nibbling at the leftover meat, then pulling a leg and dragging the light carcass which didn't seem to have much left on it. But it would still quell hunger pangs until another wolf caught something of substance. Hobbling along, the senior wolf tugged the remains along, intending to head back to the main dens to see if anyone else was around. It seemed that in his condition, this was the most he could offer the other wolves now, a disappointing realization, but he would do what he could nonetheless.

---------------------------------------

Petra felt bad for the young wolf, as even though he tried to relax, he remained visibly tense, clearly unable to fully let go and just rest. Something terrible must have happened to him. There were a variety of herbs that she wished she had at her disposal, yet she had none of them; lavender or chamomile would help to calm his nerves, but even poppy seed would be good just to make him sleepy. Sighing, she wished that she'd had the time to get out before the frost had set in. If only she hadn't been injured in that stampede... but who could have predicted the dangers that'd come with that? However, she was dangerously low on supplies, and very little of the things she needed would survive in this weather, and it certainly wouldn't be around as the season progressed.

Small, rounded auds perked forward as his voice finally escaped, quiet as it was. She strained to hear, not wanting to let the words go. She wanted to find out what she could about this wolf. She committed his name, and the mongoose's, to memory, nodding as he continued. He seemed to try to summon up memories, but it was clear that they were not available to him. She tilted her head, wondering who Otso was, but didn't interrupt him. She got an eerie feeling when he said they had been ambushed by wolves looking for him, only for them to wind up dead. Was that because of Otso, or Ryuu, or the both of them combined? She wondered how many wolves had assaulted them, and who had slain them, but Ryuu himself didn't seem to have the answers so she remained quiet. Then he mentioned that they had been separated in the second ambush, which would explain his lone presence here, covered in dry blood. But what about the strange old wolves headed for Muerta? Surely they would be old enough to have heard tales of the feral wolves residing in those mountains? They wouldn't waste time with elders, they would merely be more mouths to feed with nothing to offer in that harsh environment. How strange, Petra thought uneasily.

"Well, count yourself lucky that you didn't end up in those mountains," she said to him, her voice soft and yet somewhat stern, like that of a mother gently scolding her young, "I've been there just once, and I don't think they would welcome anyone who didn't show immediate promise. They'd probably just hang out your hide to dry." She finished speaking with a shudder; such cold and brutal wolves made her nervous, despite the wolves she'd grown up around. Taking her mind away from that subject, she wondered more about Ryuu. She felt like there was more to ask him, but overwhelming him with questioning would do no good at this moment. He was clearly tired and had suffered from significant blood loss. Besides, he didn't seem to be sure what had happened to him, and chances were he was racking his own mind for answers. So instead, her mind wandered to her mate. Where was Blade now? He was always taking care of his duties, and she hers. It seemed they were rarely able to spend time together, and yet it made those moments always just a little more special. Though she was thrilled to be getting to know a new family member, and interested in the new wolf, she really wished to have some time with Blade.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 12:50 am

He wanted to believe he was fine here, but after all that had happened, he remained cynical. Perhaps he was also partly unaware of how tense he was. Had he been like this the whole time since he first woke up with his memory? It sure felt that way. There was a look in Petra's eyes. Curiosity the word was supplied. Curiosity that was restrained, as if out of consideration.

The healer's next words gave him pause, breaking his thoughts. Not quite the words, but her tone. It was somewhat familiar, protective or compassionate. A brief flash of soft brown fur and amber eyes invaded his vision before dissolving. From his memory, he couldn't place the proper description with the tone used, but apparently some random wolf had, instead. Not the dead wolf he'd woken up next to, though.

Two words caught his attention- immediate promise. Words like advantage and power came to his head, almost unbidden. Something inside him was intrigued while the rest of him was reasonably sure it was probably for the best he didn't finish his journey is what she said was true. He ventured a question, "How do you know about them? Are your pack and theirs familiar?"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 14, 2013 2:58 pm

A smile slipped from her maw, but as the elder spoke, it soon became an unbridled grin. He approved. He approved! She wanted to yip like a pup and jump for joy that for once - for once! - she had finally done something right. But she held that in, standing still, her lavender eyes bright with the fading night. "Thank you," she said, voice shuddering with excitement, her mind running far ahead of her... This was a milestone. This was the beginning of something... Something she could be good at. Something worthy of the pack. Notable in her packmates' eyes.

Notable in Damean's eyes.

It was a feeling that surged from the tip of her nose all the way down to her nose, her chest swelling. Pride. This is what it felt like. And she knew that she couldn't hide it from Rawbones, but he probably already knew. He knew everything, afterall. "Yes," she responded at his suggestion of taking the rest of the deer and poppy back. "I'll get something, and meet you back at the dens."

She turned to go, but halted before departing. She instead turned around again to nuzzle her face against his old, grizzled cheek, tail wagging in appreciation. He had no idea how much any of this meant to her, but she would show him with what prey she brought back. She didn't know what she would catch, but as she had handled the newcomer, she was determined to make him and the pack proud. The young she-wolf rounded once again and took off with a bound back into the woods, headed east, towards the sunrise. Adrenaline pumped through her blood. She felt rejuvenated. She felt alive, moreso than she had felt in such a long time. She leapt over fallen trees and skidded around the brush, until she came to the crest of a small hill in the wood.

She stopped to inhale the chipper air. The forest floor beneath her lay crumpled in autumn leaves, but it had yet to snow for the first time. She knew she wouldn't catch anything racing around as she did. "Collect yourself, Echo," she said aloud, closing her eyes, breathing deeply. She listened. She listened to the chittering of the squirrels, the knock of the woodpecker, and... What was that sound? Her eyes opened and her ears perked. It was a strange, gobbling sound, one she had never heard before. She inhaled again, using more of her nose this time, and picked up an unfamiliar, but delicious, savory scent. It was the kind that made her mouth water. Whatever the source of this scent and sound was, instinct told her that it would be good.

A winding trail lead the yearling eastward and just south of Sacrifice Forest. It was a path she had walked before, almost nine months ago, when the world was green and hinted of sulfur. The trees were not as tall as they had been before, nor as thick, but they were still there, like an ageless reminders of time gone by. She knew that she was far south of the crag that Zaiku had frightened herself and Damean out of; she knew the layout of Jabbar by now. A part of her wondered if the tiny hole they had slipped through to see the inside of the earth was still there, but an unease in her chest told her not to... It had been an adventure, then, but she hadn't forgotten what had happened at the underground lake, either. She didn't have time for adventure, anyways. She was on the hunt. If Damean had been with her, however... She wouldn't have thought twice about it. Maybe she would tell him about it when she got back. She hoped he would like that; she missed him.

"Run!" Something suddenly flew by her, fleeting and ghostlike, making her hair stand on end. Echo paused, alert, but did not move. It was the female voice she was used to hearing, but could never identify. She looked around. "Why?" she called out... but received no response. She sighed. Others thought that she would be able to communicate and understand otherworldly specters by now, but she was just as lost as, if not more, than they were at times.

She continued onward. There was a small meadow with medium-sized prairie grasses before the foothills of the Shadow Mountains, silhouettes against the red, rising sun. Echo paused at the treeline, listening, and spotted movement several yards away. They were birds - larger than any birds she had ever seen before - clustered together with fat, chestnut bodies and had tail feathers the bright colors of the autumn leaves. Their heads were pale and crumply, like a fire's ashes, with bright red... things dangling from their necks. They didn't seem to notice her at all as they waddled around in circles, picking at the grounds with their corn-yellow beaks and talons. They were the source of the strange gobbling sound and savory scent.

Echo crouched low in the brush, heart calming in her chest, breathing steady. There were four of them. Which one would she choose? Should she choose the smallest, the easiest to catch? Or make a challenge of it and go after the biggest, who would be enough to feed almost three? Muscles tensed, her mind made up, waiting for the right moment for the largest one to turn his back to her... and then she launched, wrapping her claws around his frame, wider but not larger than hers. The bird beneath her let out a terrified squawk and began to beat his wings, clapping them against her, and she thrusted her weight to pull him down. The other birds screamed and began running around in circles as their leader rolled on the ground. For a moment, Echo thought she had lost him as tumbled over her, but a lightning-second opening presented herself, and she clamped her jaws around the inflamed red thing, now the size of a balloon. Blood suddenly gushed into her mouth and down her chest. She yelped, gagging, but refused to let the bird get away. She tackled him again from behind, her jaws locking around the back of his neck this time, twisted her head, and snapped it. The bird collapsed beneath her and she stood with her tail high, a half-snarl released from her triumph.

On top of her accomplishments today, she had managed to keep her inner demon at bay while she made the kill.

She panted, her mouth tasting a mix of frosty air and salty blood, watching as the other fat birds toddled away. Something just along the horizon caught her attention, however. Lavender eyes lifted to see a trio of wolves rise over the crest of a hill further south, but she could not identify who they were... but she knew what they were looking at.

They were watching her.

Her heart thudded in her chest. Echo knew, in that moment, why the ghost had told her to run. She also knew, in that moment, that she would be unable to bring her kill and reach Damean's Kingdom in time. She was now the prey, and they the predators. Seeing them there, standing on Jabbar's doorstep, the moment she ran, they would give chase.

But she had no other choice.

Echo bolted in the direction whence she came, legs pumping beneath her, cutting through the woods on the fastest path back to the dens. She didn't know who would be there, but she knew that she would be protected. She raised her head and released a strong, full howl; a warning howl, one that raised the alarm of danger and intruders. "Help!" she barked aloud, sprinting between the birch trees and leaping over fallen logs, now in panic instead of glee. She didn't know what good praying and yelling for help would do, but if anybody was around... She had to try. She had to. The intruders were at her heels and she couldn't stop running, even if her legs were weak...

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 11, 2014 4:42 am

Petra quickly snapped back from wandering thoughts as the young wolf's voice came forth, asking questions she hadn't expected. She was glad that she hadn't actually overburdened him with conversation, considering his condition. She tried to catch what sort of tone he held in his voice, but she wasn't sure what she heard... he almost seemed intrigued, yet she hoped for his sake that he wouldn't still consider going to Muerta. Jabbar needed more wolves, and the mountains were a place for only the most ferocious and terrifying wolves. This young, innocent bru couldn't possibly relate with them, could he? Blinking, the hybrid fae spoke, "I suppose you could say our packs are familiar," she said with a conflicted smirk upon her mug, "Our Beta fae Akiko is sister to the Queen of the mountains, Akira. When our territory went up in flames, we were lucky enough to find refuge in the mountains, but things have been different lately... They are a ferocious group, and allegiances don't seem to mean much to them... just power and violence. When our King Damean pledged allegiance with the softer wolves of Midnight Meadows, the mountain wolves seemed to have turned their hatred on us..."

Her ears pinned back slightly. She liked the meadow wolves, and was glad for the friendship, however cautious, that had formed between Jabbar and those wolves. Still, she knew that losing allegiance with Muerta was a huge downfall, as they were such a powerful force in the lands of Fire&Ice and they could strike at any time without mercy. It made her uncomfortable just thinking about it. Letting her leafy green eyes fall on him, she wondered what Ryuuketsu thought, and if he might share those thoughts. Perhaps he had been merely curious, or maybe there was more to it.

-----------------------------------------------

Flare merely turned to her brother and glared when he called her a copycat. She gave a little snort when he dipped his head just as s he had. So he wasn't much different himself. She turned away from him, trying to listen to the adults, but their conversation was boring and she couldn't understand most of it anyways. Her attention slowly drifted to her brothers, although she tried not to show it. Loki was busy now trying to tempt Noxus into chasing the small rodent they had spotted earlier. She rolled her eyes. He didn't really expect to catch it, did he? Since he was distracted, Flare decided now was the time... she glanced to the adults, seeing they were busy, and then stalked toward Loki. She would get him for calling her a copycat. Once she felt close enough she pounced, letting out a fierce puppy growl and aiming for his tail, hoping to give him a good nip.

----------------------------------------------

As the elder zoned out, it felt like forever until he had finally dragged the leftovers to within the vicinity of some packmates. He had found Akiko, and he gave a little sigh when he saw that Bloodeye and her brood were also present. It seemed he couldn't catch a break from the bitchy woman - though she held her value in the pack, he really didn't care for her bark and bite. She was much too touchy at times. Blinking, he forced himself to ignore the feelings of discontent and dragged the remains the rest of the way. Dropping them with a hefty grunt, he looked to Akiko, glad at least to be in her presence. She was a familiar face, one that never faltered. Wondering what they were conversing about, he meandered over to them, perking his old ears. It seemed nothing of importance, so he glanced to the whelps, curious to see how they were coming along. They bickered like any siblings should, and it brought a smirk to his lips. Since Damean and Echo had grown, there hadn't been other whelps in the pack, and it had seemed like a long gap passed before this new litter arrived.

A sudden howl snapped him out of his light, dozing thoughts. Echo's voice rendered the air, setting him on edge and causing his hackles to rise. She was calling for help; he had to do something. He had no idea what was happening to her, but she was alone and she needed someone there for her. Rawbones whipped around, looking to Akiko, a desperate but determined look in his old silver orbs. "We have to help her!" he barked, tail flicking upward, "Let's go quickly!" He had forgotten his body, his condition, and the fact that he might not be able to do anything. He was suddenly thwarted and silenced as he felt himself hit the ground, and a rough, feminine voice reached his auds.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Bloodeye_zpsc6d2126f

Bloodeye could see from the corner of her vision what her whelps were up to. She grinned, quirking a brow - it was amusing to see how they thought nobody was watching. But she would let them think that they were getting away with something. She could merely swat them back down should they start thinking they were so clever. For now, their antics were harmless, and she would merely glance upon them with amusement. She remembered being that age, getting into trouble with her sister. Her mother had never been harsh, it had been her father she'd had to look out for... She was interrupted from amusing thoughts when she saw the old man Rawbones approach them, carrying the leftover carcass that she and Echo had taken down. Her belly was still sated from her earlier meal, but the remains would be good to satisfy the others for a little while before they could hunt once more. Turning away from the elder male, she focused back on Akiko. Waiting for Akiko's response, instead she heard Echo's howl ringing through the air. It left no time for casual conversation. She wondered what the fae had gotten herself into, little did she know that intruders had entered the lands. Still, with maternal instinct ruling her, she felt compelled to answer the call for help.

Lashing around she surged right in front of Rawbones as he tried to prepare himself to leave, and she saw him stumble backward and fall to the ground, his leg clearly still hindering him right now. It was clear that he couldn't do anything to help, but he would still have his uses. In a moment's time she had blocked him and was barking orders . "If you want her safe you'll stay here and watch my offspring," she snarked, teeth gnashing together, "Just stay, I will see to it that Echo is safe." She knew she was putting herself into a scenario for conflict, simply by telling the older wolf what to do, but she knew that she would be of more help than he. She glared at him, ensuring that he was committed to caring for the whelps before she took her leave. The ivory bitch then turned toward Akiko. "I want to help the young fae," she said promptly, "Let's go." Though many moons had passed since she'd had time to interact with Exodus, she hadn't lost respect for the young fae that had tried to keep things together in the absence of her father. She knew how much Echo meant to Exodus, and to Damean, despite her resentment for him. The next generation meant everything to these wolves, and though it had little personal gain for her, she still wanted to be with these wolves, and the things that mattered to them had begun to matter for her as well.

Without waiting, Bloodeye took off. She was still heavy with milk, but she felt energized by the prospect of battle. She did not yet know what dangers faced her, but she was willing to take on the challenge. She weaved through the tall, dark pines, and all of a sudden found herself face to face with Echo, and close on her tail were three intruders. Letting loose a nasty snarl, Bloodeye lunged forward, forcing her way between the young wolfess and her pursuers, fangs exposed. "How dare you threaten our wolves on our own territory?!" she exclaimed, her voice harsh and her muzzle wrinkled into a snarl of fury.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next