Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Silent Force [MB]]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

The Silent Force [MB]] Empty
PostSubject: The Silent Force [MB]]   The Silent Force [MB]] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm

With a hefty swing of the head, Echo tossed the dead squirrel at the base of the hollow maple tree, skidding over the dirt in thick clouds. She stood with her shoulders square, brow furrowed, and tail ready for what lurked within the darkened shadows, hidden from the brightness of the sun. A snarl and then a deep, sinister chuckle from within only deepened Echo's frown.

"So, the lovely Queen has decided to grace me with her presence," snickered a rather wicked voice, licking her chops as she did so. "I should count myself lucky that she even feeds me."

"You should count yourself lucky we spared your life," Echo replied without pause. She watched as a pale, gaunt wolf emerged from the excuse for a den, her fur matted around her right eye with old blood, her other bright, cobalt one glaring at Echo. The prisoner's back left leg was tangled in an old human's snare attached to the dead tree. Echo held her ground, waiting for an attack, but Evanescence huffed and snatched the squirrel kill in her hungry maw. She ripped away the tail and tore at the ribs, until it was nothing more than a bloody mess in the dirt.

"Now that you're holding me prisoner, what is it you want? You must want something..." Evon drawled, reclining back on her haunches, black talons digging into the soft earth. "Or, now that you have me, perhaps you don't know what to do with me? If I were you, I would have killed me the moment I stepped into your lands. For the leader of what is historically referred to as a dark pack, you're rather soft and pure. You're weak, wolf."

The fur down Echo's back, the fem's words seeping beneath her skin, like the chill of winter. "I've heard rumor that you know the truth."

"The truth about what?"

"Everything," Echo replied, daring to step closer, ears pressing flat to her skull in rising anger. For some reason, this prisoner was one wolf she was not afraid of letting her inner demons get to. "Where I come from. Who my parents are. Who I am and who I am supposed to be."

Evon smirked and shook her head. "You could have joined me, you know. Come with back to Lacrimosa. I could have revealed your true destiny to you, but you've missed that chance, wolf. Unless... You want to free me."

Echo's upper lip curled in disgust. "No. Not yet."

"Then it looks like you won't be getting answers anytime soon," Evon sneered, and returned to her den, tail held high in rebellion. "Come back when you're ready."

She couldn't contain it. Echo lunged forward, snapping her jaws at the fine hairs on Evon's tail, a growl surging through her like thunder. Evon glanced over her shoulder with interest, seeing Echo's amethyst eyes fill with blood, her ivory fur bristling. "I am ready! I have been ready since the day I was born!"

Evon did not even blink at the sight of the demon. In fact, she smiled, her chest swelling with pride. "Now, this is the wolf I wanted to talk to. The one that embraces the Rage instead of trying to hide it, just like her father."

Echo regained control, straightening and backing up, her eyes wide. "My father?"

"Oops, I wasn't supposed to let that slip, was I?" Evon said. "Until next time."

And the prisoner ducked back into her den. Echo huffed, teeth clenched, her heart pounding in her ears. She could feel the demon beat within her chest like heavy raindrops on the lake, constant and insistent. She swallowed the taste of what could have been blood in her mouth, returning to the main dens, seeking the familiarity of her pack. The ones that knew her for who she was, not who... She shook her head, unable to figure out how Evon was able to get to her so easily and trigger her inner demon like it was something to play with, and not a bloodthirsty killer.

She glanced around the densite. Since she had become Queen, the roles of each member had fallen into place from before her reign, but there were still some that remained without rank. If Evon's pack decided to rescue her and in turn raid Jabbar, then they would need a law and order to prevent that from happening. And so, she raised her head in a low howl, calling all those in the nearby area for a pack meeting.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:46 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

The Silent Force [MB]] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Silent Force [MB]]   The Silent Force [MB]] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 am

He answered the call, wondering what they were being summoned for. Was his kin to be judged? Given a place in the pack or to be banished? He felt no kinship. It'd been too long since he'd last saw Niveus and had assumed him to be dead with the rest. The wolf did have a use, though, Blade would admit, although it didn't mean he had to be happy about it.

Blade approached Echo, noting he was one of the first to arrive. He took the temporary solitude to ask, "How are you doing?" He'd leave it up to her to interpret what he was referring to. There were things a wolf didn't want to talk about, so he'd leave the question open ended.

To be left behind by a friend and be named queen... and all this other stuff with her mysterious background, as their prisoner her alluded to during the fight, would have taken a toll. He'd pass off his concern as merely being sure she could handle her role to lead the pack. Damean Sr. had been the first and currently only wolf Blade respected as a leader. His son just hadn't been leading them long enough for Blade to really judge anything, and same with Echo. He'd follow the young queen dutifully, but the full respect he was capable of showing would come in time as he became more familiar with her style.

He was still concerned about some members of the pack, some having seemingly vanished, others... just because. The kid, Ryuu, was with Niveus, probably making their way over from some further part of the land. He heard the two were exploring. More like Ryuu wanted to look around, and Niveus went with, probably to do some exploring himself. Any excuse to look around. In some ways, the snowy pelted wolf hadn't changed a bit.
Back to top Go down

The Silent Force [MB]]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: JabbarJunayd Archive-
Jump to: