Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Turning of the Season

Go down 
+2
TawnyMalarkey
akkanatrum
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Turning of the Season Empty
PostSubject: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 7:35 pm

Balthier meandered through the lands, the grass gently swaying alongside the breeze, tickling his lower legs when he took the chance to pause. He took this moment of calm to just take everything in, just like back then. Never would he have thought the word pack would apply to him when he first started wandering, alone, as his immediate kin wasn’t like-minded. Fate worked in interesting ways to get him to where he was now, and he was sure most of the rest of the pack would agree in regards to their own individual circumstances. The pack was strong, and he was determined to keep it so. He was lucky he wasn’t alone in his conviction.

“Uncle Balthier!” Light gray eyes turned to meet olive at the familiar call. He sighed in mild exasperation, hearing the small steps as she approached.

Maybe being her teacher for a couple of lessons might help her drop the honorific, although he already knew it was a lost cause, even as he replied in an uncharacteristically gentle tone, “Zola, you can be more informal, I’ve told you before.” He wasn’t sure how it all happened, really, or why she was so polite in his presence, although he had to admit, at least she was even speaking. Her shy and polite temperament worried him when she first interacted with him, if one could even call it that, and she continued to worry him as he figured out how to be a proper father-figure to her. He still remembered when her parents entrusted her to his care. Balthier wouldn’t dare question their judgement, but raising a pack was vastly different than raising an individual. He refused to just pass her along to someone else like a prize, though, but did ask for advice and aid, especially from the females of the pack.

But it wasn’t the time for reminiscing- he’s done that enough for a long while. He stayed silent, sharing the comfortable silence with the young wolf, but he was quietly plotting to get her to actually interact with her peers so he could at least get an inkling of what rank she'd be interested in striving for once she's of age. 
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:52 am

He had to remain vigilant. Lance walked with his shoulders square and chest broad, two-toned eyes scanning the grassy landscape for anything unusual. "You have to protect those lands," he could hear his father tell him, just before he and his mother left for lands in the much further north. "Because in turn, they will protect you." This, of course, was a tremendous duty for a young wolf, much less a pup. He struggled to keep his head above the goldenrod fronds, teasing and batting him in the face.

"Back off!" he growled at the weeds, snapping at them with his jaws. The yellow flowers crumpled in his mouth and he gagged, sticking his tongue out and backing away, feeling as if he had just taken a bite of something bitter and foul. "Stupid plants."

He sighed, somewhat frustrated. His parents had put so much value into these lands, but he had yet to see what their worth was. Just as he considered sitting down, bored of patrol and tired from exploring, cinnamon-hued ears perked up at voices being carried across the open field. His curled tail wagged, and he bounded towards them with a grinning.

"Zola! Uncle Balthier!" Lance shouted, sprinting towards them, and skidded to a halt. He gasped, eyes wide, and threw himself into a deep bow. "I mean, Alpha Balthier! Or, Captain Balthier? Mr. Balthier?" His brow now furrowed in studious concentration, and he looked at his caregiver in the eye. "Sir! I am here to report that the borders are secure!" The square shoulders and proud chest had returned in the young male.

Yes, he would make his family proud.

Last edited by __silvers__ on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 2:24 am

Far across the meadow a figure walked, a stark contrast against the green grass. Alabaster paws stepping carefully as she looked down upon the meadow plants careful to not step on anything useful. She paused to sniff one, the smell wasn't quite strong enough yet, she would wait. If you picked them just right the medicines seemed to work better it seemed. Her mother's teachings sticking with her. She healed because she carried the knowledge, it had given her purpose when her brother left. It needed to be done when her mother left. It needed to be done even if there were stirrings in her breast that left her feeling unsettled.

She had been needed. She still was needed.  

The young wolfess, as if sensing her blood nearby, left her duty and lifted her paws in their direction. Like a ghost she floated effortlessly over the terra, white coat rippling. Keen ears picked up voices. Balthier, Zola, and Lance. A soft affectionate smile crossed her lips as emerald and topaz hues looked upon them. Her family. Her pack.  Slowing as she approached them, a soft chuff of greeting announcing her presence. 

Jewel tipped her head respectfully to Balthier. "It is a fine day for a walk on the meadow." She commented as she drew near. Fine muzzle reaching to touch Lance and Zola's ears in turn affectionately. "Are you both keeping Bathier here out of trouble?" she asked the siblings, slight grin on her mug as the tease was evident. 
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 1:21 pm

He heard Lance before seeing him, and a cross of emotions, leaning towards amusement appeared upon his features at his display. Lowing his head to gently poke Lance's side in retaliation of the titles, he said, "Zola, Lance, just Balthier. 'Sir' makes me feel ancient, and 'captain' might not carry the same meaning for everyone. While it's true I oversee and give orders as an alpha, I don't boss my pack around, as a few might see it were they to hear the word 'captain.' Of course, there is still proper demeanor when speaking of important pack issues, but I still want to be approachable despite being the alpha.

But great job, Lance, seeing to the safety of the lands. Do you find this task enjoyable, or has some of the other pack assignments caught your attention?" It was easier to teach something to a pup if they wanted to learn it. All too soon, the pups of the pack would find what they want to learn and find their places in the pack. Although soon, he'd have to be careful about letting the pups wander too far alone, now. There had been an odd, mild drought in the late winter, which was why the lands, and even the hills nearer the periphery of their territory, were as mild in temperature as they were, and not lightly frosted over. He wasn't sure yet if that meant larger animals would soon be wandering the lands again. Such thoughts worried him if the dry spell were to stop before the cold season was truly over, because the spring medicinal herbs might die off if the frost were to return for even a short period of time. A familiar greeting broke him from such thoughts, though.

With a bright smile to Jewel, he let the pups answer first before returning her greeting, "It is. Are the plants growing strong?" Without missing a beat, he added, "I was thinking you could bring Zola with you on your next excursion. She knows the inner lands like the back of her hand, and," he turned his head to address Zola now, "I'd like you to be more familiar with the pack and the rest of the lands; get to know them when the meddlesome alpha isn't around to make things awkward. They're all as knowledgeable as me, or even more so."

Zola listened to Balthier's explanation of why he'd like them to be less formal. She kind of understood what he was saying, but... was that why he wanted them to address him plainly? Because he was worried they'd avoid him because they'd only see him as an alpha and not approachable? That was silly. She heard packs were family. That meant Balthier was like the father of all of them in a way, right? She glanced to her brother to see how he'd respond. Would Lance comply, or understand what he was saying, but continue to call him 'uncle' to tease him?

She caught the scent of a wolf that directly reminded her more of kin than Balthier's did, and looked to see Jewel greeting them. Zola smiled and nodded her head, happy with the other fem's greeting. When Balthier mentioned her name, Zola looked up. Just as she was starting to wonder if he forgot she was standing right there, he turned to address her while still talking to Jewel. It wasn't the first time she wondered if he could read minds. The animated alpha, or at least, more animated than she thought most alphas were probably like, would quiet down when it was just him and Zola, putting her at ease, and not expecting her to continue any conversation unless he was explaining something to her, or he needed an answer from her- like if she ever tried to say her health was fine when she caught a sneeze or cough. Although the alpha had deemed Jewel the title with lead healer, his own skills hadn't diminished. The idea that he was the smartest wolf came to her thoughts, but she quickly dismissed it. Balthier himself stressed that he was only as smart as the next wolf, and each had their own range of knowledge and expertise. He claimed he just happened to live though more tough situations than some others.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 12:14 pm

"Hey!" Lance barked as Balthier nudged his side. "Oh, well, okay mister - I mean - Uncle Balthier," he replied, tail wagging, and bumping into Jewel. He yipped as she nuzzled him, jumping up and licking her chin, and then sneezed, the force of it almost knocking him backwards. "You smell like the stuff that mom picks," he commented. He looked back to Balthier and shrugged. "Dad told me that guarding the borders was gonna be my job when I'm a big wolf, but I think it's kinda boring."

Two-toned eyes flashed as a grasshopper leaped between them. He gasped and pounced after it, bumping into his sister. They were the same age, but miles different in both maturity and personality. Lance's paws were large like his father's, and so was his burgeoning spirit. "C'mon, Zola! Help me catch it!" He didn't bother to see if she was joining him or not; he jumped, jaws snapping and crushing a mouthful of grass, and the grasshopper bounded past his eyes and out of his reach.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2016 9:38 pm

Jewel smiled and gave a tip of her dial. "They are coming into their own. If we get a good rain it would do them well but if not we should have enough to see us through the winter reguardless." She nodded glancing toward Zola. "I would be happy to take her with me as long as she is willing though I am sure she has picked up more than a few pointers from you." She chuckled lightly and swept her snowy plume in good humor. "I hardly think anyone finds you meddlesome Baltheir."

Suddenly she felt Lance bump into her. Her own two toned gems looked into his own and she smiled. This one had eyes like her own but paws that were large like father's. His curiosity was endearing and she let laughter loose into the air about them. "Catch it. Grasshoppers whisper secrets to wolves on how to hunt you know." She winked at Zola and watched Lance as he bounded after the insect. Oh to be young again. Those carefree days of youth. She missed those days, playing with Robbie. With that thought she hoped he was well wherever his paws carried him. 

Looking to Baltheir again her ears flicked forward, she looked beyond him and felt the lazy peace that hung on the valley. This was home. It had become safe again and she was grateful. "Baltheir when I was out in the meadow I found a small rabbit warren on the south end. It may be a good place to take the younglings to practice the hunt."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Zola watched her brother go after the grasshopper, attention quickly caught away from the previous thread of discussion. She grinned as Jewel winked at her direction. If that was true, it looked like Lance would need all the tips he could get. She turned her gaze, looking closely nearby.

There was nothing to use or pin the bug to. She watched the grasshopper bounce away from Lance and she sprang into action. Zola slunk beside the grasshopper at a short distance until she was a little ahead of it before suddenly turning towards it. The startled grasshopper jumped, but Zola waited a brief moment, only pouncing once she tried to guess where the insect was going to land. She was a little off, her paws landing on the ground just next to where her target landed. Before her jaws could capture it, the grasshopper was off again, changing course to evade her. But she had been really close! She wagged her tail at the thought before turning to look at Jewel and Balthier.

He held back a laugh, watching, not wanting Lance and Zola to think he was laughing at them. Any adult would envy them, free of responsibility. Seeing their backs retreating in chase after the grasshopper, Balthier quietly, yet firmly said, "Then we'll find another way for you live to his expectations that's not boring." He knew Lance wouldn't hear the words, but it was still a promise. 

His brief display of seriousness dissipating now, he turned his attention back to Jewel. "I haven't taught Zola much beyond the bare basics and anything she's asked about. It's up to the lead to do the bulk of the instructing, is it not?" He grinned, visibly reflecting his teasing, "Not just about healing, though, unless she really is curious. Zola needs a better example than myself. It's not healthy for her to latch onto one wolf most of the time, especially if said wolf is an alpha." Tirisfal Meadows was peaceful, but nevertheless, it was the most dangerous position, in a sense. If a rouge were to attack, its alpha would be the target. He couldn't guarantee to always be there, and Zola didn't quite understand that yet. It was a new feeling to be relied upon in the way Zola was relying on him, and while he enjoyed the undivided attention, he did want her to learn to be more independent, too. Trying to lighten his words, he added, "And I can't quite be an example of how the fair ladies of the pack normally behave and what they gossip about, now am I?"

His thoughts lingered on his charges. Perhaps seeing them hunt would give him inspiration. "That sounds like a good idea." He broke off his train of thought as he saw Zola look in their direction after nearly catching the grasshopper. With a nod of approval towards both her and Lance for their attempts, he added, "I hope they don't feel burdened by any expectations they feel they must hold themselves to. I can't figure out what Zola might want yet, but Lance... I'll find something else to teach him for when he's not learning to patrol, if he even still wants to do that. For him, it'd probably only be interesting if a wolf crosses the border. I may have to call in some favors to familiarize him with that aspect so he understands the importance if the borders remain silent. Perhaps seeing how well they do will tell us what their talents may lie in."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 4:52 pm

Jewel smiled seeing Zola cleverly try to cut off the grasshopper. So close! She nodded waving her snowy feathered plume in encouragement. "See?" She said gently. "Did you hear him whisper? I did." She grinned. "Better try again." She encouraged. A little further the grasshopper had whispered to her experienced eyes. 

She looked at Balthier and chuckled. His teasing was not missed on her. "She is growing...they both are." She swiveled her gaze to watch the pups. "It would be good for them both to become more social and independent."  Her brows lifted as he explained how he couldn't give Zola what she needed in the way a female could by being an example. She laughed and shook her head. "Are you sure?" She teased the older male. "A little fluff and polish and we would make a very masculine femme fatale out of you." The grin on her face spoke volumes. 

Two toned gems watched as Zola almost catch the grasshopper again. If they figured to work as a team they would have had him already in a juicy bite.  "I would hope they wouldn't. I would hate to have them feel the heavy collar of duty at an age when they should be full of wild and wind right now." She knew the feeling of the burden of duty. "Patrol can be interesting ...something new to smell every day and yes perhaps a visit from a stranger would perk his interest." Agreeing to his statement. 

"Let us hunt then. Like I said there is a heavy warren at the end of the meadow. They did not seem to be spooky so we should fare well there I would think." In a pack as small as theirs all jaws lent to the hunt. Jewel, herself, had gotten quite adept at it. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2016 9:30 pm

Nearby the antics of the Tirisfal pack a tri hued femmora was taking a leisurely stroll through the meadows that helped named their terra. The grasses were thick in the center of the field and they tickled her chin. The buzzing of crickets and other bugs hummed pleasantly in the background. Having left her brother a few hours back she expected him to pop up sometime soon but knew he was out doing a thorough checking of the perimeters with Nuri. Usually they did brief scouts but every few days it was important to take a closer look and ensure that no one had entered without permission. Here and there they got visitors wandering in from the waste lands but not too often. Surely they would welcome more agreeable company. Their pack, while not exactly small, had much growing to do. Fenir knew that they certainly had the space for more packmates. It would also take the burden off Nuri, Link and Balthier if there were more capable wolves about. Of course she and Jewel pulled their own weight but there was nothing like having a couple strong brus around.

Slowly but surely she came to the edge of the meadow where it petered out into...not exactly woodland but approaching it. The trees and brush were still spaced apart. What she really came here for was the giant flat rocks that adorned this area and just around this time the sun cast a strong but steady light warming them. Choosing her target she climbed up enjoying the warmth sinking into her pads. The rocks were low so there was not much of a vantage point but it was enough to feel comfortable and besides she felt safe in her home.

Stretching out and placing her crown on her paws Zelda slept.

ooc:Link&Nuri coming soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Nuri came trotting in from the forest, his tongue lolling out of his mouth. He felt a bit hot but nothing to overwhelming. He spied the pack loosely gathered about with the exception of Zelda and Link. Link he knew was still making the rounds in the forest, he was a thorough beast when it came to security. As they had left Zelda not too recently he was not worried about her. He knew that she had bouts solitude that she indulged. He let out a low call announcing himself as he got closer. His eyes flicked to the young ones playing some distance off and then back to Balthier pleased to see his alpha. 

"Lo Balthier!" He greeted the bru as he came to a stop across from him. Dipping his head in turn to the young fem next to him. "Greetings Jewel. A fine day it is." He panted slightly still from his exertions and there were some leaves stuck in his ebony coat. "Just finishing some scouting around the border. As always all is well. No signs of any from the waste lands but I'm sure we're due one soon." His tail wagged happily, pleased to see his pack. They had few enough visitors from there but they were usually a genial sort. 
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:39 pm

A small silver shadow flickered light light through the trees along the border of the meadow. Pausing as if seeking something and then moving on again at a silent but swift pace. She carried a fat rabbit in her mouth.  Moonlight eyes looked through the undergrowth, black tipped ears listened. She knew he was here somewhere. She couldn't smell him yet though she could feel his presence. The very thought made her heart flutter like a covey of quail about to burst through her ribcage. 

She carried a gift in her mouth, a fat yearling rabbit, for the bru that had been so kind to her. She paused nervously. Would he accept her token? He wouldn't be rude but Link wasn't like that. He was kind and patient with her. He would take it but would it mean anything more than a tastey morsel from a friend to him? Fenrir....

Her ears flickered back and she reconsidered what she was about to do, shifting from paw to paw to paw. Her nose was already feeling warm from her shy blush. Cinder was hardly bigger than a yearling pup. What bru would be interested in her? Tail falling she felt her gut twist in a pang of insecurity. 
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 pm

Lance bounded alongside Zola as she pounced on the grasshopper. "You missed!" he exclaimed with an excited yip, pushing past her. "All for me to catch, then!" He jumped, little jaws clapping, but the grasshopper bounced away, all gone. He huffed in frustration, but his two-toned eyes lit up once again, as they had stumbled upon the edge of the forest. Dappled sunlight glimmered through the leafy cottonwoods, but the further in he looked, the darker the forest became. The hair stood up on the back of his neck and he looked over his shoulder, grinning at his sister. "Let's go see what we can find!"
Back to top Go down
TawnyMalarkey

TawnyMalarkey

Number of posts : 11
Pawprints : 14
Registration date : 2015-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Voice slowly picked his way through the under growth and up to the scent border of this pack. His nostrils flared as he took in the scents left behind by each member. A stronger scent was upon the air. A female somewhere closer than the rest of the pack.  He drew in her scent then softly howled a low greeting to her. Voice then sat to wait and stretched his hind foot to get that nagging scratch just in front of his shoulder. Not paying as much attention to himself as he was making sure not to be surprised, he caught that just now scabbed wound. He let out a soft whine then shook himself hoping the fea didn't hear. His nose twitched at the scents on the wind as he waited.

((ooc: Hey didn't mean to be away so long but I had a very bad holiday season and its taken this long for me to get back into this. But I am back and I can't wait to get this going.))
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 am

((Hi Tawny! Long time no see. Because of it, have you been catching yourself up on the changes? There is a section of the Tirisfal board called the Singing Glade where you can post new comer wolves. Both current main packs have this type of board where you can create a thread.))

Balthier laughed at the tease, and nodded, saying, "We'll take them soon," noticing a familiar figure approaching. For the time being... perhaps he should keep quieter about what caused his suspicions until it was resolved. It wasn't a huge issue, but much concern and hovering near Lance might cause the youngling to get fed up.

By now, the wolf had drawn near. He smiled and nodded his head in greeting as Nuri approached and offered his own hellos and report. Balthier reached forward to touch Nuri's shoulder in a more friendly greeting, but as he pulled away, he gently flicked a more offending leaf off Nuri's pelt. It was little playful moments like these that kept the alpha sane and relatable in a world of otherwise seriousness. 

"Thank you, Nuri. I guess we should figure out what to do with the border silence while we have it, then?" A quick glance away told him the two siblings were still in the vicinity, although he wasn't worried is they would slip away. It wasn't difficult to track two who were loud and untrained in hiding.

Zola watched Lance aim once more for the bug and missed. She had been about to make a suggestion when it hopped away, lost to the eyes. At his suggestion, she turned her head toward Balthier, who was looking their way, clearly checking on them. He wouldn't expect her to run off, so what if he worried? It was dark. What if something happened? How far had anyone ventured up there?

"Are you sure? It looks creepy." She took a few steps forward, trying to sniff the air, hoping to catch the scent of anything that would convince her brother away. Nothing would stop him if he was interested, and if he continued up, she'd follow, if only to make sure he was ok.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Jewel grinned at him and tipped her dial in agreement as her eyes watched the pups chase the crickets. "SO CLOSE!!" She laughed at Zola and encouraged her and her brother from where she sat.

Her ears flicked forward hearing a familiar voice and her tail wagged seeing Nuri. He was always running the borders, making sure they were secure in their lands. Grateful she was for it she oft wondered if he should take a break now and again.  "Greetings Nuri. A fine day indeed." She said seeing the leaves stuck in his pelt and Balthier flicking one of them from him. She was grateful for the closeness they shared as a pack it helped fill the emptiness inside she sometimes felt. When Nuri spoke of the waste she took a deep breath. "Let's hope it's later rather than sooner." She whispered. 

Two toned eyes glanced back to the pups as they lingered upon the edge of dark wood. She said nothing as they milled there and danced in the edge. All pups explored and she knew Balthier was watching closely even if he appeared he wasn't. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Nuri felt the deep sense of their pack bond as Balthier playfully fussed over the leaves that clung to his ebon coat. It had been a great peaceful time for their pack and he would never tire of it. Of course all things changed and there were always hard seasons but for now he would continue to enjoy the easy ones. His ears flicked listening to the youngsters in the distance but he kept his attention on his alpha and Jewel. Smiling he bent forward stretching out on his front limbs. "Not much to do but relax I suspect. I'm sure that's what Zelda is up to now. In fact I'm almost sure of it." He was aware of his pack mates penchant for solitude at times. He didn't blame her, everyone needed a respite now and then. "We're still pretty well shored up from the last hunt and nothing has disturbed our stash. I expect we'll need to go hunting in three or four days unless we fare less easily catching smaller game." He doubted this though, their territory was rich in rabbits and other assorted rodents. Looking at the younger femmora he said "Is there anything you're running low on herb wise? I can always tell Link he's constantly out patrolling and I'm sure he'd be happy to bring in anything that tends to grow on the outskirts." 
Back to top Go down
LloneWolf

Number of posts : 1
Pawprints : 1
Registration date : 2016-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 am

Kara walked slowly along a twisted path. 'When did I get here?' Kara thought. She was daydreaming for a brief moment until she heard other wolves. Kara ran into the bushes and hid, watching as two strange male wolves walked by the bush she was hiding in. Kara hid in the bush until she couldn't hear them at all. 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 11:35 pm

The tri hued hessian had trotted the borders and some one the inland area for most of the day marking and checking their terra. It was a thorough routine he performed a every few days. It had been quiet these past few weeks but that did not mean vigilance wasn't needed. Plus he enjoyed the habit of it. Made him feel like he was contributing to his pack. Ensuring their safety. He often felt anxiety about the security of his pack mates. There had been a time where he had failed the one he cared for most and it still haunted him to this day. No need to dwell on that though. 

He was just about done with his rounds when he felt his fur prickle and he was instantly on alert. Ears perked forward and he scanned the sparse trees that marked this section of the wood before they ceded to meadows. It was then her scent came drifting on the wind and he felt his skin tingle with the awareness of her presence. He let out a low yip calling out to her and trotted towards the scent. 

Rounding some trees and foliage she came into view. He could not help the grin that slid onto his mug or the way his tail began to wag. "Cinder!" He greeted with friendly yet gentle earnest. 
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:14 am

Jewel took a deep breath and nodded. Sometimes she relished in the aloofness of the meadow early morning as she hunted for herbs. Nuri was always helpful and she tipped her dial in thought as an ear rotated absently. "I am always in search of viable wild mint patches and burdock root. But you know I am always game for knowledge of anything growing new anywhere. It also wouldn't hurt to keep an eye out for beehives. You never know when honeycomb is going to be needed." 

She hoped they wouldn't ever need it but sickness always seemed to slink into the territory eventually. A dark shadow of woe stealing whatever it could from them at times. Winter seemed to invite it in more readily.  She shook her pelt of the thought and groomed her shoulder absently as if washing the negativity off herself.  She looked at the two hessians and then glimpsed at where the pups had wandered off too. Small adventures like that made them strong and bold. She remembered them of her own youth.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 12:28 am

The silver fae heard that low yip and her muscles tensed, not of fear  but of anticipation. He had somehow found her out. Smelled her probably for the wind had switched upon her  ever so slightly. He appeared through the trees, grin on his mug and she felt her skin prickle like gooseflesh.  Her tail acting of it's own accord in waving a slow flag in his presence. 

Rabbit still in her mouth she screwed her courage up and would close the distance between them. She brought this prize all the way out here to give to him. He wouldn't refuse, it would be a waste of flesh but ...even so...she didn't know if he had the same feelings that coursed through her veins.  Placing the rabbit at his paws she backed up a few steps and met his gaze. "Hello Link." Her voice was a soft cadance and she then sat. "I ..." She began shyly and dropped her gaze. "I know you have been running the borders a lot and I ...just wanted to...." Her sliver pools caught his tri colored face for a few precious moments before dropping them again. "To make sure you were getting plenty to eat." 

Cinder swore she must be pink nose to tail, her flesh felt so warm with embarrassment. She shouldn't feel that way though. She was truly concerned about his health....and if it were another working as hard she would have brought them a meal too right? 
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2016 10:42 am

"Creepy? Are you kidding?" Lance laughed at his sister. He swung his tail high over his back like a knight would with a club on his shoulder. "I say we go check it out. I'm not afraid. And besides, if I'm gonna grow up to be Guardian one day, I gotta see how far our lands go and learn how to fight the bad guys from the outside. C'mon!" He bounded into the brush, vanishing in an instant, and leaving the meadow far behind.

Sticks, leaves, and thorns poked at him from every direction. Lance gritted his teeth and trudged through the challenging landscape of raspberries, hazelnuts, and buckthorn that seemed to go on for miles. He couldn't even see ahead of him and had to walk with his head down, flattening his ears against his skull, looking down at his paws as they stumbled over tree roots and fallen branches. The thick brush felt as if it were going on forever, and with little room to see over his shoulder if Zola was following at all, or if Jewel or Balthier had noticed. There was even littler room to turn around should they run into something fearsome...

[OOC: Moving to the Howling Wood]
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Link saw the rabbit she carried and couldn't help the growl in his belly. It was true he had been working hard as of late and hunger gnawed at him. This territory was no small place and it took a good deal of energy to patrol it. While his stomach rumbled he could not say the rush of adrenaline he felt had anything to do with the rabbit. Now that she stood before him he found his brain overwhelmed. Funny how such a small she wolf could tongue tie him so much. "My thanks Cinder, i would be glad to split it with you" Without waiting he grabbed the rabbit in his mouth all too aware of her endearing shyness. A muffled "Follow me" was issued before be turned and headed off. Better to eat a bit further from the border. 

Traveling about 10 minutes away he was hyper aware of the she wolf following him and was glad for the rabbit in his mouth so he couldn't make a fool of himself quite yet. Finally they arrived at a shady little grove and he put the rabbit down and busied himself with divvying it up....he could feel her eyes on him and his heart beat a little faster..
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2016 5:52 pm

Charcoal tipped ears flicked forward as Link's familiar voice hit them in thanks. She offered a shy smile and she made to protest but it was to no avail as he lifted and beckoned her to follow. "The...there really is no need to share Link." Her voice was a soft melodic sound. "I brought it for you. I am sure you could use the extra energy..." Her heart was thudding in her chest like a trapped animal and though she had protested she had followed the larger bru who's every movement appealed to her. 

Silently (since Link had a mouthful) they traveled. She followed eyes never leaving his moving form. He traveled with such ease, such confidence. She felt as if she could follow in his shadow forever and be perfectly content. Too soon however he stopped and they settled into a little grove. She watched as he split the hare and she wagged her tail a bit nervously. 

Sometimes she wished she was bigger, a more fierce presence of a female, something to be proud of...instead of a seemingly half grown pup. "You really don't have to share Link....I am not running the borders after all..." Her silver gaze lifted and then met his for a few precious moments before falling again and her tail turned around delicate paws to hide them in shyness. 

"Besides...I caught it...for...you." 
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 5:40 pm

Link's ears flicked back to listen to Cinder's soft words. Of course she would refuse his offer to share, she was a very humble wolfess and it was endearing to him. As he was stripping the hair her soft words poured into his auds once more and he could hear the hesitance. I caught it for you... Those words made his heart beat all the faster but he wouldn't let it fluster him. Looking at her his tail begin to wag and he grinned. "Nonsense, I've got a store of deer meat that I was planning on getting to after this, beside I can't gobble this down alone while you watch me. I'd be mortified." At the last he winked and gently tore off and threw a small portion of the animal to her. Small enough to appease his maleness that she was eating but not enough to make her think that he was not pleased with the meal. 

Despite his joking words moments before, gobbling the meal is exactly what he did.  It truly was delicious and he really was hungry.  When he was finished he let loose a great yawn and plopped on his hind legs. He was intensely aware of the petite fems presence and found himself struggling for conversation. If only for a moment when a giant owl swooped low overhead and he instinctively ducked. Ears flattened to his skull he harrumphed his displeasure. "Damn birds, always have to bother us after a meal even if they don't want it." The canopy here was thick enough that it was dark despite the bright sun of midday. Turning his attention back to Cinder again he grinned. "Any interesting news from the pack from the two sun shifts since i've been gone" He had not been out patrolling very long this morning but it was not entirely necessary on most days to be out long at all. Besides there were plenty that were around to help.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2016 1:21 pm

Cinder watched as Link pullled the hair on the rabbit and bared the creatures still warm flesh to the air. The grin that crossed his maw made her tail swish involuntarily at the sight. His humor tickled her and a grin blossomed shyly upon her own maw at his wink. "Thank you.." Her words were soft and she felt fluttery that he would share with her.  

She ate daintily but it pleased her greatly that Link 'wolfed' his meal. She knew the miles he put under his paws in order to make sure their lands were overlooked.  The owl was a sudden surprise and as the owl swooped she flinched and her ears pinned against her skull. They always intimidated her because her of her smaller size.  Link then asked of the pack and she was only glad for a subject she could talk about. 

"The pack is well. Last I heard the pups have started hunting. It's hard to believe they are already doing that. The little ones certainly do grow fast...." She blushed suddenly as thoughts of pups flitted through her mind. "Um..." She shifted. "Everyone is healthy. Jewel is herb hunting all the time so those stocks should be full soon for winter." Cinder shifted again. She really enjoyed Jewel but there was a tiny piece of her that was jealous of the white wolfess, even with the bi colored eyes she was a beautiful fea and she was tall and strong and lovely. Clearing her throat she added. "A hunt was being talked about too. Fresh meat for the cache..." 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turning of the Season   Turning of the Season Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turning of the Season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next