Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Midnight Plague

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Cira stood quietly as the three midnight males got into a more heated conversation, allowing Daija to cuddle into her foreleg where she felt safe. Her hackles prickled with annoyance as Harmi tried to claim dominance over all of them, claiming his royal blood. He did not need to forget that he wasn't the only one of Dracul's direct descent. When Daija rushed forward, Cira's gentle blue eyes flew wide open. One bound took her in front of the pup, giving her a gentle push backward. What a foolish, pup thing to do! She had no idea of the dangers. Cira instantly whipped around and looked to Harmi, who was bound to be seething at the little pup's advances. Her eyes flashed neon red at him as she growled. "Do not forget that I also have royal blood in my veins." She was not normally so forward, but she needed to diffuse Harmi's false sense of superiority by reminding him who he was faced with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:54 am

Harmi gave her a smile. "Yes but you are my niece so act like it and shut up" The male looked to Junior then to Glory "You know, something big is coming. And it will rock this whole world." Harmi gave a special smile. "It will come when all is silenced. When peace is to be said to cover all of Fire and Ice. It would be smart to go home to Midnight Valley." The massive brute sat down on his ebony hind quarters rapping his tail around his base.

Glory listened to his words "Is that why you took the whelp?" His gray form now shaking

Harmi smiled "precisely I needed leverage they failed to take our offer of alliance what better way to ensure a safe passage threw a pack if I carry what is most sacred to them.

Junior snarled " They will kill you if you return Harmi. If you return you will die"

Harmi smiled "All I need is that one trip straight threw the forest of the Pearl. The kid will help with that, and just maybe I'll return her to her pack."

Glory smirked at the idea and how truly wicked it was. He eased up some knowing Harmi wouldn't harm the whelp. He let that ease flow threw him till his rage was gone. "So why are you here Harmi?"

Harmi smiled "Why to protect my investment of course"

With that the sound of pounding paws came. It was as if they had been running for a long while. JR had made it following Cira's sent with the news.

JR collected himself nicely as he reached the four Midnights "My lords.... Curse is fighting with the Queen of Muerta. I came on my own seein that her knights should be there to help her out of the land safely. To bring her here."

It grew silent. So still that the wind was telling its own story. Harmi was the first to speak

"Well lets go help my sister shall we"

Glory looked at Cira his face showing worry "Can you watch the whelp?"

Junior looked at Glory "I'll stay to protect her and the whelp just go help the queen"

Glory gave his mate a soft lick before bolting after Harmi who had already started to run to Muerta. JR was close behind Glory as they made there way beck to the lad of the Witch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:19 am

Cira growled, her eyes glowing neon red as she looked to Harmi. "How dare you speak to me like that, y-you insolent brat!" she huffed indignantly, "I will not be spoken to in such a manner." Her tail lashed furiously and she stomped the ground, and she stared with aggravation at Harmi for his arrogant ways. He wanted to change things, to take over and make things happen, and he had no regard for the rest of them. Cira could not imagine upping and leaving the home she'd always lived in, to bring herself to safety and let her pack suffer behind her. No, that was not happening. Her eyes grew wide as others of the clan started to agree, and actually intended aid Curse in her confrontation in Muerta. They couldn't do that!

Harmi must have known she'd interfere as he left her as babysitter to stay behind and make sure she didn't get in the way, while she protected the progeny of whatever plans he had in the future Daija. Cira growled deep and low; she hated wolves that went power-crazy, doing things and making decisions without caring who it affected only that it benefitted themselves. She looked around herself as the other Midnight's prepared to help Curse and welcome her back as she banished them from the home they'd always tread upon. Cira did not want to be in that group. She wanted to stay where she belonged. The clan was important to continue their bloodline, but their packs should be first and foremost. It was like Curse and Harmi wanted to change that, and favour their breed so much more.

But Cira could not argue with her higher ups, for she knew if she said any more than what she already had, she was going to be reprimanded harshly. She would just lower her head and agree to watch over Daija. At least she could keep the pup safe, if she couldn't do anything else useful. Junior volunteered to stay behind as well, and she was relieved that the elder Midnight would be here with her. She looked to her mate as he licked her before he left, and she smiled after his fleeting form. Looking to Junior as the others left, she said softly, "I wish none of this was happening," she murmured softly, "I just wish things could have worked out. Muerta has always been my home... always. I dont' want to give that up." She hoped she could confide in this brute without making herself seem like a traitor. She didn't agree with what Curse was doing, and wished it could be otherwise.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Do you think because you mate with a wolf forever it ties you forever? Pichtra entered the scene as the wolves were leaving, catching Cira's last words. "Then don't. Catch them, if they didn't hear Deadly's call they should. Now go. Tell them Jabbar is open for their home. Give the pup to me. I'll stay here with her while you go...if you want. I'm not forcing you, just giving you an option... and I'm sorry... that you've been stuck in this position, you and I both are at the mercy of someone else's fate, isn't it lovely. Just be glad your mate isn't the clan leader though" He smirked and touched his nose to her cheek.

He laid down, if she took it or not that was her choice, aid her home or not, if the Midnights went back he knew there was no stopping them from attacking the pack, but if she went, maybe, just maybe she could convince them to join up with Deadly in the lands of Jabbar. He had heard the call and almost went himself, but he didn't feel the need, he wasn't too sure how long he was going to stick around... or if he'd leave Curse and go home. He loved her, he did, but he felt betrayed now as she did by him... His ears fell backwards and he laid his head down on his front paws, thinking things over, waiting for her move...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:50 pm

Cira spun around as a familiar voice entered her auds. Pitchra. She couldn't say anything as she stood there gaping at her, giving her options, saying things didn't have to be this way. She nuzzled into him as his nose touched her cheek. She hadn't been around her parents for so very long - she had been playing the role herself for quite some time. She grinned as he said it wasn't easy having a clan leader for a mate. "Well, try having your mother as a clan leader," she retorted cheekily. That wasn't easy either. She didn't want any of this to happen, yet she couldn't very well go against her own mother. But this plan that Pitchra had, at least it could spare some bloodshed, and they would have a home rather than resorting to these desolate lands. It was find and dandy for meeting, but this was no place to call home.

She nodded to Pitchra as he said he'd watch Daija. "Thank you," she said, "I shouldn't be too long. I'm sure Curse will agree." With that she took off from the lone lands, heading back towards her home in Muerta. If she could just divert the Midnights, redirect them somewhere else that they could flourish.. Curse just had to see the sense in it. It was not long before the mountains loomed before her, and she shot forward, coming across the borders to her home...
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 pm

Obviously she had agreed for he heard Curse's howl and he had departed with the pup to Midnight Meadows, spoke his peace and then came back here waiting for Cira. "Are you hungry little one?" he spoke softly looking down at her. "I got some food stored, it's buried but if you want to help me get it I'm sure it'll teach you some good tracking skills" he smiled down at her and stretched out his old body carefully extending his claws into the dirt. He had to either wait for Cira or take the pup with him, he'd give her some time to think of her actions but... it'd have to change soon or else he'd send out his own call for the wolves of Midnight Meadows who belonged in Jabbar to start their search for aid if they hadn't already.

"I'm Pichtra by the way. Father of the young lady who's been watching you. Cira. She's nice isn't she, for an evil little wolf she has good motherly instincts." He smiled and laid his front end down next to her followed by his rear. "So, you wanna find the food? it's right around here I just don't know if I can find it, my nose isn't as young as yours" He winked at her and waited for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:37 am

Once again, Daija had found herself carried back and forth to yet another strange place. But she ended up back here. Was this even home? Cira had been showing her around Muerta, but somehow... this place kept coming back. But she put up with it. After all, she was only so big and could only do so much. This Pitchra guy was the second nicest she had met so far. But that was only because she liked Cira more. She was so disappointed when the fae had to go. She took to his introductions first before tending to those about the food. She stood herself up straight, trying to show how she had been growing, ears perked to their fullest height. "I'm Daija. Yeah, Cira's really nice. She showed me around that Muerta place. Um..." She shuffled her paws, feeling a little ashamed. "Is she my mom? I mean... I don't really have a..." the question trailed off, unfinished. She had to grow up.

"You said food right?" She said, throwing on a determined scowl. She tried to recall the scent of the rabbit. No not rabbit. Meat. Just the meat. "I gotta sniff for it?" Her eyes narrowed, glancing, as she pressed her charcoal button to the dirt. She began to search and moved forward some paces. She looked back with a mischievous grin. "I bet your nose works just fine. Doesn't look like anything's wrong with it." Despite her words she continued to search, and soon veered to the right as the scent she imagined grew pronouncedly stronger. Farther, farther into the brush, and soon, near the base of a tree the pungent smell couldn't be any more obvious. Her little claws, still deadly sharp, began to pull at the dirt with a wicked speed and suddenly, there it was in all its bloody, dirty glory. She stopped for a minute and cocked her head. "Huh. Either you didn't bury it very well or I'm really good at this." She shrugged, picked up as big of a chunk as she could carry, and hauled it to Pitchra's feet. The little blue pools that were her irises were beginning to take on a bit of ice to their hues as she started to catch on to the Midnight attitude. But a second later her pup-like sense of pride overwhelmed her and she couldn't help but wag her tail and grin up at him earnestly. "You want some?"
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 pm

Pichtra let her words sink in a moment and while she hunted for her food he didn't say much. He let her go about her buisness for a time being and then when she asked if he wanted any he only shook his head softly before waiting another moment. "My nose is perfect, you just have to learn, and since no one else is here to teach you. I might as well" He smiled to her and sat up his black pelt shifted with muscle. "And as for her being your mother, she isn't. She's watching you while your mother is... well. Healing" He didn't know what to say he knew her mother would be hurt specially since Harmi had taken her away. "I don't know who your mother is exactly but whatever idea they had for you isn't going anywhere as long as I or Cira have you. You're with new wolves now. I'll protect you with my life as long as I can... for the other group wouldn't see to it the way I do" he sighed not knowing how much she should hear or not but at this point he didn't care.

"Sorry I brushed you around so much earlier, I had some things to attend to. Which, you might be going back to the pack we were once at. Play with Damean. He's a nice boy, if Cira doesn't come back here first... We'll see." He smiled to her and waited while the winds changed and he could feel the rise of power coming from everywhere...
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

Pawprints : 578

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:31 am

Junior watched Pitchra the elder was convinced he had great intentions. "SO I see you have seen the worse of the clan..." The older brute lifted his form moving closer to the brute and the whelp "I know who your mother is but it is not safe for you with her. There pack is weaken and there well... Harmi tore that pack apart. Hit where it hurts the most... There Heart" The gray blue male laid his form down so he could rest some more. " Curse was a good fea. I watched her grow as I did you. Both showed great promise and when you two where paired I knew the two of you held no boundaries but the royal blood holds the gene that we all don't... It makes them have split personalities. Makes there minds go crazy." Junior looked at the whelp "I watched your mother grow as well perhaps when things clear over you can know stories of what I know." Junior looked at Pitchra "Does Gladiator know his niece is crazy?" His lyrics soft now as he felt for the clan they where his family just going in the wrong direction. He knew the little ones needed to be removed.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:49 am

The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Bloodeye-1

Bloodeye moved on swift paws into the lone lands, having followed Pitchra's scent the entire way. She had hope that this brute would be of some help to Jabbar's cause. She was panting by the time she arrived, and she looked to the couple of wolves that were there, as well as the pup. But her eyes focused on Pitchra, interested in what was going on in his mind. "Pitchra," she greeted, dipping her maw, "Where do you stand on Jabbar's cause? I want to rally as many forces as possible and join up with the other half of Jabbar's wolves, who are residing in Midnight Meadows for the time being." She flicked an ear, and she waited to hear what he had to say, glancing warily to the other Midnight male, wondering what he thought of things..
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Pichtra looked around while Junior spoke listening softly to the brutes famous words of the Midnights. Pichtra knew the breed but had been matched with Curse so young he had kept away from the wolves for so long when they were together that now, now it was as if new information was changing everything he ever thought about their breed. "I'm sure he knows it, he knows the most out of all of us" Pichtra sighed and looked at the pup. "Well Daija, what do you think of that. Maybe once everything is done and over with we will take you home to your real mother." He smiled to the pup only to stand protectivly when a familiar white fem came rushing up and speaking through ragged panting breaths.

His body relaxed and he sat down looking at the femora with interesting eyes. "How come you wanted to be alpha then and once you got defeated you now want to return with the pack who originally claimed the lands... the rightful wolves to Jabbar, the ones who love each other and work together. I know you love Bloodeye, I know that your pack may not be the darkest of places but I hope you know that they'd die for each other and live for each other just as well as he'd hopefully die for you and live for you and your pups." he was talking about the brute that had been next to Bloodeye back in Jabbar.

"Remember these words as you fight along side the wolves of Jabbar. You can either join them in the lands of Midnight Meadows but I imagine they move soon to take their lands back. I don't have many resources here, I have myself, Junior, and my daughter Cira... I hope she returns here soon..." his words trailed off a little and he looked in the direction she had ran off to earlier.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWolf

WarriorWolf

Number of posts : 355
Pawprints : 649
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 4:05 pm

The ebon bruja’s mitts carried him after the white woman, the fem who had intrigued him upon his arrival to the lands. The scent of the bruja who had interrupted the fight filled him briefly, before Bloodeye’s scent was caught once more. The lone lands, he recalled traversing the terra briefly. He brought himself up along Bloodeye’s side, blue oceans sweeping over the duo. “The intentions of claiming the lands was for protection, Jabbar would’ve been safe kept till the other wolves arrived.” The lyrics fell with conviction, though it was in all likeliness a lie, Zai simply kept his acting charm, in hopes it would be enough. “Its quite clear, with Curse’s actions, what would happen to Jabbar if we did not claim it first.” It was simple to convince others, it was all a matter of convincing yourself that what you were lying about was true. While still being conscious of the lie, all of which Zaiaku thought himself quite good at. Did he want to rule Jabbar, he humoured the idea, the way he humoured eating a hare or hunting an elk. The thought would always be there, as it would be for any wolf. The entire scene in Jabbar had been fun for him, and simply that, which was the only reason he had begun speaking.
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Junior growled as the fea approached raising his tail and his form "Lies of the evil are best kept for other fools" He was a bitter old wolf to the dark kind he cared not for there lies or to pity them "You should have stayed for you fiat in Jabbar" The gray blue brute moved to the whelp lightly picking her up and moving her to the shade of the near by rocks. He wanted her far away from the other two while Pitchra talked. He looked at her "Lie's of others are best known by the way they act. The fear death that is why they flip sides so much. As for me little fea I fear no death or pain only to die alone is what I fear." He nussled her a little as if she where his own whelp " Soon all will be right again little one" He watched her he guarded her. His love for the Pearl never faded and she was his pack mate like few others.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:34 pm

The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Bloodeye-1

Bloodeye shook her head as Pitchra spoke. He didn't understand her position in all of this. He thought she had turned tail, scared as a mouse from what she had faced. But that wasn't what was happening; she was ambitious, and didn't let go of the goals she set for herself. She wanted them to succeed without losing lives when it wasn't necessary, when they could come back and win with few casualties. That was her goal. She hadn't abandoned her cause, that was for sure. And she had to make sure that this brute saw things for what they were, incase he had misjudged her intentions. Sure, it was more than enjoyable to feel the power over others and give them direction in life, but that wasn't her only concern with having the status of Alpha, as he might seem to think. In reality, her pack became her family, and she would do what was best before them, placing aside her greed.

"You misunderstand my intentions," she stated to him, "Akiko and the others have no Alpha now, and I believe I can fill that position for them. And if we, and they, are to survive this, then we need to work together, regardless of who is in the lead at this point. I have run packs before, and when I do, they are my family and I will do everything in my power to ensure that my family is warm, well-fed and homed. And Jabbar is their home, so I must not give up this cause. Things will fall into place naturally once we are in our rightful lands." She glanced at Zai. She didn't know how he felt about this, but that was how she felt about it. Ruling a pack meant a lot to her, it was not just about the power. The feeling of being needed was what made her blood pulse.

Her crimson gaze wandered over to Junior, wondering if the brute had heard what she'd said, and wondered what he thought. Where he stood on the issue, if it mattered at all to him. Then she looked back to Pitchra. "If they are in Midnight, then I will go immediately so that I catch them before they leave," she said with a finality to her words, "If wish to offer your self to the cause of Jabbar, please join me, and we will go swiftly to their aid." She nodded to him, then looked to Zaiaku. She wanted this handsome and charming brute by her side, but if he were not to aid her, then she would make sure that not even he spoiled the Jabbar wolves' chance for success. Flicking her tail into the air, she was off in a flash, heading towards Midnight Meadows...

----------------------

Cira had come away from Jabbar after weighing all of her options, and even as she moved, tears still rolled down her cheeks for all that was happening. But she needed to find her father now, who she knew was waiting for her here now. It was not hard to recognize his scent amongst these barren lone lands, and she followed it until she came to the clan's usual gathering site. Then she saw him, and her great uncle Junior was off to the side, Daija cradled between his paws and speaking to her softly. Momentarily, her worries and woes were put to an end as she saw the baby, and she smiled lovingly in the pup's direction. Though she was not Daija's mother, she had already connected with the pup in a way only a mother could.

She came close to her father, giving Pitchra a nod of respect. "Give me just one moment," she said, unable to resist seeing to Daija. She had been worried about the whelp all along, even though she knew she'd been in good paws. She smiled as she saw the prize Daija had dragged over to her caretaker. She was clearly a proud little pup at the moment. She dipped her head to Junior as she approached, then went straight to Daija. Her nose came in and nuzzled the whelp affectionately, tongue flicking adoring across her cheek. "I'm glad to see that you are well," she said softly, "And what a prize you've collected there." She pointed to the rabbit, and nodded her approval with a smile. "I wish I could stay, but I have more.. grown-up things to do," she said regretfully to the pup, "But I'm sure before we know it, everything will be back to normal." She didn't know that her kin were thinking of just possibly bringing her back to the Pearl to her real mother.

Licking the whelp again, she turned away and trotted over to Pitchra, sitting down in front of him. She could smell Bloodeye's scent. She had obviously just been here, and had gone. What had been said between the wolves here? "Father," she addressed him, "What do you intend to do? Are you going home to Muerta, or... will you fight Curse til' this is over?" She then waited anxiously to hear the answer. This was her mother, and his ex-mate, that they were talking about. She didn't think what Curse was doing was right, but that woman was still her mother, and it would be terribly difficult to assist wolves that were going to kill her. But Cira was ready to do what was best for all of her family, or that was what was most important to her.
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 2:33 am

His steps where light. He trotted with high steps. His pelt was a ivory color but he had blue gray markings on him. His maw paws and tail where tipped with blue gray. His eyes a beautiful amber gray color. He marched to the Midnights before him. He looked just like them. He had traveled far with his brother and soon he would arrive as well. He moved to Junior remembering the old brute "Ah my fair lad I see I have finely found you." Amor moved to the blue gray male sitting in front of him.

"Why if it isn't the spoiled whelp of Centrus. Why you so far from home?" Junior looked at him interested in what he had to say.

"I'm afraid the land of our kind has gotten worse. It brings sickness to the deer in the east that we survive off of. Me and my brother have come to see of we can find a new place to live. Tho the wolves here are much smaller then back home." The beautiful male shook his winter pelt. "So where are you going to perhaps I can join. Valentine will just have to find his own way." The male looked at Junior slightly noticing a fea speaking with a older brute but he said nothing.

"How is that brother of yours?" Junior asked a bit interested.
"Annoying as always he never speaks to me. Just in short words. Never met a male so much to himself. Weird really." The brute said with a chuckle. ...
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:18 am

Daija was trying her hand at multitasking. She ate and listened to what Pitchra had to say, pausing to hear especially well that Cira would indeed not be her mother. Well, so much for that. 'I'm motherless. Great.' But out of the blue more and more wolves were coming their way. What in the world was this? She shrank back into Junior and Pitchra, trying to make herself smaller for once. Bloodeye and Zaiaku were much too intimidating for her tastes, especially the brute. Something off about him just made her hairs stand on end.

But they kept their business brief. She welcomed a warm nuzzle from Junior and pushed back with her own before allowing herself another try at the meat. She tore as hard as she could, scrunching her nose as she struggled for the raw stuff. She pressed it beneath her paws, holding it down as she tugged and tugged until it gave out. She munched the piece, swallowing it back, and when her gaze went forward again she was beyond glad to be welcomed by Cira's presence. This nuzzle she took with even more comfort, returning the offering vigorously. So much love. And they had all seemed so bad at first. "Cira!" She chirped the name almost lovingly, "I'm so glad to see you! Yeah, this thing," she motioned to it with her head, "Your dad made me find it all by myself." She huffed in mock exasperation, still holding a grin on her stained lips. The mood changed however, as her mother-figure had "grown-up" things to do. Another sigh, but for real this time.

As Cira moved away to Pitchra, she looked her direction and called after her. "I know what you're doing! You're gonna get into all that fighting!" But she knew it was useless to try and do or say anything counter to their plans. As she returned once more to her food, the words "real mother" kept popping into her head. She ate, just a few more bites, and just as soon as she was ready to ask an all important question to her current guardian, he was gone too, talking to some other newcomer. Some old guy. Two old guys. Just talking. And Cira talking to Pitchra, and... She took one more bite, decided she wasn't hungry anymore, and stalked off while they were all busy. Her little form marched into the underbrush and was soon covered up by it. She was going to walk off these thoughts until they cleared up. And just keep walking. Everything around her became muted. The conversations faded out, the last of the birds in the chill of early winter seemed to silence their chirps for her stream of consciousness.

Daija's icy blues flashed, though she wasn't sure if the flash was tears or the sting of resentment. Early on she was taught to forget their faces, their scents, their names, and now, suddenly, it was all brought back into question. She suddenly felt older. Too much older. And she didn't like it at all. She shivered for a second as a sparse few flakes began to fall on her delicate crown. Farther and farther into the woods. She couldn't even see anyone now, and she didn't stop. Not yet. She would go as long as the questions kept coming.
Again, that flash. Tears? Resentment? Both. 'Did she even want me? Did they even try? Mom, Dad? Who are you?'

Last edited by BlaqkMoonlight on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 am

Junior was so busy in his conversation he forgot the whelp. He looked down to only see her gone, He lifted quickly in a panic. He followed her scent in a hurry only to be dumbfounded by all the mixtures. He let a bark out for her in a worry. "DAIJA!!!" He howled out. He could feel the worry creep over him.

He walked slow following the scent of his brother. The Mahogany male stumbled apon the whelp as she seemed to be in her own world he sat in front of her not saying a word just sat there looking at her. Ocean blue orbs looking into her crystals. As he sat every inch of his body flexed without trying. He to was a perfect specimen of the Midnight breed. He watched and waited for her to speak or them to be found.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:32 am

Bloodeye spoke and Pichtra listened. He was not her king, he cared not for what she pleaded for herself, her mate must have thought differently, for though she defended herself for everyone else in Jabbar he only spoke of himself and himself only, not even her... A shake of his head when she left and Cira arrived. He had begun the spin down, obviously with all the time he spent not talking, words had built up, released, and the brute found himself all silent once again. His daughter spoke to him, as if his ex mate were just another wolfess. Oh... the slight pain he felt even in that, when she was addressed as Curse and not mom... Obviously she had hit a sore spot in them both. His blue orbs looked up at her and he shook his head. "I will not fight her nor aid her in this. I cannot" he looked around softly at everything. "It's beautiful here. I might make a home of it here if I cannot find my own to reside in peacefully" he looked at her, knowing full well that he was not answering her questions... "I will see you back to Muerta, speak peace with Akira having made good terms with her when I left... I will tell her of what's happened here. But Cira. I need you to do me a favor, as a father... take her home. She belongs to the Pearl... your babies are all grown up and gone to their own things, though they've followed you in so many ways and you've watched them grow, don't take that away from a mother... It's a self destructive path I wouldn't wish on anyone" He hung his head and turned when Junior's bellow sent his hair on end.

His body turned with panic. He had just asked his daughter to do the one thing she maybe couldn't now if the pup was gone. "Daija!" He went over to Junior and stuck his nose to the ground. "Daija, where are you" he sniffed her around following Junior to the woods looking for her. "Hun, come back here, it's dangerous out there!" the one place a Midnight had to place a meeting ground, and it was near brush and trees, when the rest of the lone lands was sands they had to choose something with life... ah!
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:02 pm

He moved slowly but at a good pace he looked at Lair as she spoke "Were really already here. There close just beyond the hill there. It's funny how no one ever knew or cared to look right." JR moved threw the land over the hill showing Lair the forest where the desert began. In the clearing he saw Junior and Pitchra searching for the whelp "Let me guess you lost her" JR said with a chuckle. He could smell the scent of a new comer but his scent was familiar. Someone he only met briefly. He looked at Lair ignoring how Glory sped ahead of them to Cira. "Well she is here... somewhere..." He sat down rapping his tail around his mitts. He could feel the cold winter breeze come in. "And I care because I'm tired of others assuming we are all alike when we are all very much different." JR kept speaking to her "We all have beating hearts" He smirked then moved into the shadows. Almost instantly he spotted Valentine with the whelp. He just watched her. JR sent a little warning growl as he approached. Valentine only looking at him for a breif moment. Then parted his maw to let out soft lyrics "I found her wondering around. Figured I would keep a eye on her till others came" The mahogany brute smirked at the others then sat there waiting for his brother to show himself.

Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:35 pm

Liar listened to him nodding. "I'm sorry again even though I didn't know you" it was when a familiar but distant scent hit her nose that she began to panic more with slight excitement that this was almost over. Liar rushed into where everyone was. Daija. They were looking for Daija. Was that her name? They named her! Slight anger rose in her belly, these wolves...no. Not these wolves. Other wolves took her. Other wolves named her. These wolves protected her. Her eyes scanned the area, one wolf in particular looked more stressed about her missing then the rest and she instantly knew who he was. Junior. Her body should have tensed, she should have went to kill him like she swore and yet, she stayed still and she still shook with whatever was coursing through her veins.

Her auds twitched to a growl and it came from where JR was and quickly began asking before she came up to him "is she there? Is she okay?" It was an instant physical thing that took over which were tears that fell upon her face when the smell got stronger. She'd know this smell anywhere. It was hers, it was Khalons, and it was her daughters very own scent. It smelled like him though, strange as it was, she could smell Khalon around, strange as it was she could smell herself ahead of her before she could smell the new mixture that also came. Liar, you found her. Her body shook with slight excitement and fear... Would she hate her? Liar instantly felt sick with worry that she hadn't done enough but as she came around Jr she jolted to a shock seeing a much larger pup then the one that had been taken from her.

"oh my god" she felt tears falling from her face as her voice came out in nothing more then a whisper. Tears fell all on their own this time in a more thicker streak down her maw she didn't choose to cry it just happened. A forced pressed on her body and stepped slightly forward and fell down on her stomach. "You look just like your father!" her words came out in slight laughter if this was a dream it was the best but worst ever for she didn't want to wake up. "you might not remember me buy I tried to keep you safe... " she choked. She tried... She failed. Guilt splashed in her stomach and more tears came. "I found you... We've been looking for you. Your father and I. Your grandfather too..." Liar was so unsure of what to say the only thing she knew was what she wanted to do, what she felt she needed to do which was embrace the child and never let her out of her sights. "I'm so sorry... forgive me..." she said finally and stopped herself from inching forward to embrace the child... her child. Why she spoke to her like an adult she didn't know, she didn't know where her child stood in any mental state but oh she wanted to know. She wanted to know everything that had happend to her from then till now. It hadn't been too long, but it had felt like years, and yet... her small daughter was before her and she couldn't help but feel like more of a stranger to her own child. It broke her heart really, tore it...
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 am

Pichtra heard sets of padfalls and looked to see Jr standing there. "Cira" he said stopping her as what would seem the whelps mother entered too. A change of heart it seemed for as the female looked at Junior all he could see in her eyes was guilt and a wish for a chance of forgiveness it would seem. Pichtra stopped his search having known that more wolves were enough without him. "I'm going to go to Muerta now. Come on. There is no need to fret over your mother Cira, she is your mother but she isn't your queen. Akira is your queen and has been for a long time, when we came back it was all said to change because of the change of power and it's not. You're a wolf like any other wolf... you make your own choices, specially if you've come from someone like Curse. We both love her... but my love is gone" His words were trailing near the end and he nudged his daughter lovingly before departing outwards towards Muerta. "And Cira" he said turning back around. "You'll have more, you can't hold onto them all. What would they have done without you. Look at Damean's pups, they have no father anymore" He felt a twang of guilt and turned away leaving the lone lands and heading towards Muerta nodding to Glory to get his daughter home safely. Home. Muerta... it'd be an idea he'd have to face alone. Alone. Another idea he'd have to get used to. There was no more Curse... There was no more mate no more love, he'd grow old by himself now...
Back to top Go down
Moohn

Moohn

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:50 am

The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Mexica14

Daija had continued to wander. She didn't realize how far into the woods she had gone. And she wouldn't have stopped either, were it not for the strange scent that hit her nostrils. The others were too far off for her to even hear them calling for her. She froze and pinned her auds back against her head, glanced furtively around. It was dead silent. It didn't make any sense. "Hello?" She called out once. No answer. She began to shudder, finding herself genuinely frightened. Was she being hunted? Was she going to get stolen? What could anyone possibly want her for now? She could have run, tried to get back to her adoptive family and be safe... or caught. But instead she found herself rooted to the spot. "Wh-who's there?" No answer. But whomever he was, she could feel his eyes boring into her. And it was uncomfortable.

As soon as she gained the courage to turn, a different scent altogether hit her. It erased the sense of danger clear out of her mind. She struggled to recall it, though it had not been long at all since last she smelled it. But as soon as it clicked she knew it immediately. She took a halting step forward, trying to choose her actions carefully. Sudden, choppy memories came back. The scent was clearly of the sea, like the bit that still lingered on Junior. But she didn't see anyone yet. It bought her more time to think. What did she recall exactly? Saltwater, warmth, darkness, security, chaos. As the stranger drew closer more details of the scent came to make themselves known. And part of it kind of smelled like... her. Alarms went off in her head. Oh god was it, was it really? She bounded forward a few more steps, and like a miracle appearing a wolfess appeared before her from the brush. She was crying.

Her chest tightened as she listened to the words that spilled from Liar's mouth. The other presence that had been watching her made itself known, but she barely noticed, gaze trained hard on the woman before her. "Just like your father..." She was jolted. "I tried to keep you safe..." What? She spoke as if detached. If this was who she thought she was, she wished for the words to have been more personal than 'trying to keep her safe'. But then... "I found you. We've been looking for you." They had? Well where in the world had they been?! But all of that was forgotten as she took in the last words. "I'm so sorry... forgive me..." What? What?! Forgive her? Again, silence. Daija stood there, mouth agape, just staring at the young, beautiful fae who shared some of her features, trying to take in everything she had just seen and heard, a grown adult crying before her very eyes... She didn't fully understand.

She couldn't break eye contact, some kind of connection immediately forged between them, and she could feel it through that tightness that had welled up near her heart. Her thoughts began to slowly return, and for the first time rolled off her tongue as they came, clear and conscious, much unlike her pup self which had to pause and think. "They took me. They took me... from you. And I didn't see you again. I remember a smell like yours. When they put me in that lonely den in Muerta and Curse tried to pass me off. I remember his... but not yours. I don't ever remember you looking for me. Until when, now?" She wasn't angry, she didn't scoff. Everything was matter of fact, straightforward, with perhaps the most minuscule tinge of scorn. Her little frame stood upright, almost stiff, still partly frozen in shock. She had half a mind to go back to Cira and the others. They were good at raising her. But then again, they had all wanted to get her back to her real home too.

"But..." Her features suddenly softened from their former calculation to acceptance and relief. "I look just like him? Like my dad?" Just letting the words come out of her mouth already made her feel better. "Don't be sorry for anything." The words set her free, and her locked knees gave way. She walked slowly up to Liar, until she was standing just before her, looking up. "Don't be sorry. They stole me. And you tried right? Well..." Her blue-grey gaze fell to the ground for a moment and sprang back up. "Here I am." Something within her stung, and suddenly the same tears she saw in the woman's eyes sprung up in her own. She got stuck on that phrase and couldn't let it go. At least not for this last time. "You don't have to be sorry. You found me..." Daija threw herself into Liar's pillars, nuzzling hard and smearing tears all over her fur. "You found me, Mom."
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 1:26 pm

When broken and battered it's hard to find someone when you're confined to a den. Only two days later may you stand and wash and after that it's all healing. She shouldn't have pushed herself to Muerta like she did, being the healer of Black Pearl she'd know this about herself or any other wolf but she had. Those words, similar, wanted to flow from her mouth towards her daughter but she remained silent. It seemed like more hours until the scooting of dirt and Liar watched as the little puppy paws moved just a step closer, then, then it was a blur of fur and tears. Liar's head clenched around the pup, cooing both her and herself from even stronger tears.

Her body felt weak with happiness. She pulled back licking her face, washing away anything that was on there that hadn't been from her. Her eyes looked her over when she was so close and she yipped into the air with excitment. "Oh honey" she said softly letting her head come down and wrap around her back softly but firmly holding her closer then she'd held anyone before. "And they named you Daija?" her words were kind, no longer any anger flowed through her body. "Or did you come up with that on your own... and these wolves have been nice to you?" she was asking her alot of questions. She knew if she wanted to take on all these wolves she couldn't but if her daughter said one nasty thing about any of them...

Junior. She felt a flutter of guilt and looked up at Jr and the stranger forgetting they had been there. "I'm sorry." she said coming a little to her senses. "Thank You Sir" She stood, standing over the whelp and reached forward nosing him under the chin softly as a sign of high respect. "I... shall remember your words. Looking in the most simple of places that are right there" She smiled looking down at Daija. "Khalon had come here, but I think farther north, he was more in the desert region. I don't mean to defend not looking here, for he didn't. It just... Thank You" she nodded and bent her head down licking her daughter's face."You gave me my life back, you have no idea" she looked up and smiled at him, really smiled then turned a bit but still stood closer then normal to Daija. "Come on, I must say thank you, and you have to say goodbye, but goodbye isn't forever, trust me" For she knew these were wolves of Muerta and had Liar not been thinking about moving there moments before finding her daughter.

It'd be okay right? If Muerta would accept changed Pearls... or one changed Pearl, she didn't know if Khalon would go for it, and at this point, with his scattered mind and his vague stories of things she didn't know if he'd want to stay with them at the Pearl either... And if he didn't, she'd visit Jack at the boarders but wouldn't live there anymore. She walked forward a little, now they would be closer to the tree line and she could see Junior... she'd have to make ammends to him, if he'd allow it.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:30 pm

Cira nodded to her father; he was right, they couldn't fight Curse, no matter how much trouble she caused. She was too close in their hearts. His suggestion to leave her to her own fate was the best she'd heard in a long time, and with a sad sigh she let the topic go. It was not likely she would see her mother again. But then the subject changed to Daija, and how she must return the whelp to her rightful home. Cira was horrified by the idea, and was ready to object when her mate arrived at her side, and she pressed into him for comfort. "I don't know if I can let her go.." she whispered. She'd grown so attached to the little pup. She lifted her head away from Glory, ears perked, as howls were sent into the air, calling to Daija who had gone missing. Her ears pressed tight against her skull. Where had she gone, and why? There was hardly time to worry, but it felt like forever, rather than a few seconds, until Daija was found.

Before she could do or say anything more, her son arrived with Liar in two, Daija's real mother. Cira lowered her head, and her tail hung in defeat. She could see all the emotions run through Liar's face, and she suddenly felt guilty for wanting to keep Daija. She couldn't take that bond away from another mother. She looked to her father, nodding her head solemnly. He was right about this, as he seemed to be about most things. She smiled at him for his comforting words, though sadness still gleamed in her white-blue orbs. She stole one last glance in the direction of the whelpess, watching Daija as she crumbled at her mother's paws, tears of relief and happiness streaming down their faces. She nodded, accepting the bittersweet ending for herself.

She turned to her mate. "Glory, let's go home," she said softly. She wanted to slip away unnoticed, so that no one would have the time to question her, and she wouldn't have to explain anything to Daija. It was heartbreaking enough, without having to explain things that a youngster such as herself might not quite understand. Without waiting for another second, Cira fled the lands, her heart set on Muerta, hoping to see all her children return..
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 am

Junior watched as Lair greeted her pup. "Liar I never knew there plans. My duty has always been to my pack." He watched her. "All is forgiven if you forgive me... My words where not needed at the moment" He gave her a smirk. "This is Amor... If you don't mind I wish for the two of us to accompany you to The Pearl. I wish to go home" The old brute stood waiting for her answer.

JR looked at Lair as she spoke to him he said nothing noticing Glory slip away after Cira. He did to running his way back to Muerta....

Valentine stood watching everyone. He looked at Lair as she spoke then to Junior as he said him and his brother where going to his pack lands. Val said nothing more just slipped into the shadows vanishing.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Liar looked at Gladiator with a soft expression. Her head came forward and she pressed it into his head and softly nuzzled him. "I know. And my words were not needed either, I'm just glad to have her back, No one will ever be able to take her" She smiled and pulled back looking down at Daija. "Let's all go home" She reached down picking her up by the scruff of the neck. It was ever so softly too, afraid that she might not be able to carry her but proved herself wrong as she stepped into the winter air on her way home. They would stop at Midnight Meadows on the way back, she had forgotten. She set Daija down as they began and turned back to Gladiator. "I need to stop at Midnight Meadows. I wont carry her too far away from here without some good water and food and shelter, it's a good two days walk. I can't run with her or will let her run alone in this weather, not when it's getting colder." She nodded and bent down picking up Daija again. And then, she began the walk, heading towards Midnight Meadows to greet Rodion and the rest...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Midnight Plague   The Midnight Plague - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Midnight Plague
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Lone/WasteLand Archive-
Jump to: