Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd

Go down 
+12
puppylove90766
Ruffian
Moohn
Shadowed
akkanatrum
_Sensable_
WarriorWolf
Silent
FoSsY
__silvers__
(.kippy.)
EDITOR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 pm

Petra now had her full attention. Echo could see the light return to her tired eyes, and she could tell that she had just made the fae's day. Good. Echo was relieved to see that learning medicine from her wasn't a burden. She smiled in return and nodded her head. "Yes. I figured the sooner we get started, the better," she replied. It wasn't that the more she learned the more she knew, but because of the wounds that littered her packmate's form, not to mention anyone else that had been injured in the stampede. She hoped that everyone was okay, thinking mainly of Damean, Exodus, and Rawbones... Her heart clenched at the thought of any of them being hurt. Where were they? She hadn't seen them in quite some time. She needed to see them. Especially Damean. Oh, how she needed to see Damean...

She wouldn't let her emotions wander away with her thoughts. Instead, she remained focus on Petra and the task at hand. "Tell me what I need to do. I promise that it will be done," she said, ready to follow whatever command her teacher would deliver.

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Petra gave a nod, glad to hear that she was ready to start right away. "Alright," she began, "My den is just over there." She pointed with her tail to the shadowy clump of trees where her den was nestled under the boulder. Niveus might already be on his way over there, but maybe he hadn't found it yet. "There's a large boulder, and a tunnel underneath," she stated, "Please go inside and collect anything you can, bring it out here. I'll show you what we can use. I haven't been able to check my stores in some time, so I'm not sure what I've got left.." She felt foolish admitting that bit, since it was her job to ensure there were enough supplies to treat her packmates. And now that winter was here, they weren't likely to find anything extra. However, it had also been a while since she'd had to treat anyone, so there were probably a lot of leftover herbs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 10:50 am

Echo followed Petra's gaze to the shadowy clove where her den lay. She nodded at her teacher's words. "I will retrieve what I can find," she replied, and approached the site to search for an opening. The boulder was large enough to block out most animals, but a dent in the earth cued her in that that was where it's entrance was. She leaned down and dug out the dirt that had been pushed in by the stampede. When cleared, it was a tunnel that would fit both her or Petra's forms. Before venturing in, though, she leaned down and sniffed - if she could fit, so could a fox, raccoon, badger, or other animal looking for a new home, or a refuge from the stampede. Precautions were necessary. She couldn't smell anything, though, and flattened to her belly, crawling inside.

Petra's den was warm, dry, and earthy, compared to the wintry grasp of the woods outside. Echo felt as if she could curl up and fall asleep in a place like this. It made her think of Exodus' den, and even Cinder's den, way back in Midnight Meadows. The memory from when she was a younger pup surfaced, and she realized that with her size now, she would not be able to fit into either of their dens. She would need to make one of her own, soon. There was something else she needed to do, something that every wolf did in winter, but she could not wrap her mind around it just yet. In the meantime, she snuffled around in the dim light for the herbs, lying in a bundle near the back of the den. They smelled weedy, yet fragrant, and tasted like dandelions; saccharine bitterness. She picked up what she could in her maw and then slunk back out the way she came.

She dropped the herbs at Petra's feet. Now that they were in the light, she could see the condition of them. They were dark and somewhat dry, but she didn't know if it was because they were old, or if she just didn't know enough about herbology in general to determine their states. "This was the most I could find," she said, hoping that it would be enough to treat Petra's minor wounds. She didn't know what kind of plants lay before her, either. "Will they work?"

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:29 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 8338345475_453466271f

The world around him was decimated. No life sprouted from the ashen earth, no beauty flew in the pale, wintry sky. It was a land of desolation, of loss, of abandonment. How fitting it was that he would end up here. The timber wolf stood on a dark cliff that looked down into the lands of this country unknown, his eyes cool like steel, his form still and silent, nothing but the wind flustering his gravel-hued coat. He could see that beyond this place of empty valleys and grassless mountains that there was a forest, vast and evergreen, but still many miles away. He had to squint to see it on the horizon, and even then, he wondered if it was just his mind playing tricks on him. One could never be too careful, even of themselves, when traveling alone.

But what piqued his interest, daresay, was the sound of thunder. His gaze traveled from the north to the south. A large herd was barreling through the lowlands, and exiting to a place beyond what his eye could see, which was a very far ways, considering his position upon the mountaintop. What kind of wolves lived here? Were they soft, like his mother and father, wolves from a bygone era? Or were they hard, like him, solid through and through? The cold winter wind blew in his favor, and with it, the scent of said wolves. His brow furrowed. They were near... Much nearer than he had perceived. Were they watching him? Waiting to see what he would do? No, no they were not, he assured himself. They were escaping the herd by fleeing to the high lands.

He debated for a long while if he should quietly pass through the lands, or ask for entrance and make himself a home. He dare not look behind him. He did not have a home to return to, to say the least. It was all a mess that couldn't be fixed. So here was, moving forward. He raised his head and released a baritone howl to the empty sky, falling to whoever's ears were listening.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:58 pm

Niveus was taking his time looking, not wanting to miss the den, but got distracted, seeing one that was dangerously close to collapsing, precarious as if the slightest breeze would collapse it. Against better judgement to leave it to find Petra's den, he'd carefully approached it and started to fix it, and reinforce it. These dens had been here quite a while, and it was clear some maintenance was due. By the time he'd finished and actually found the den, a young wolf had already left it, herbs in jaw. Apparently that den was fine, so he turned to see what else he could save. A few of the dens were collapsed, and there was no way he'd fix those.

Blade watched the exchange between Petra and Echo, and seeing that their lesson was apparently going to start immediately, he decided to keep a close eye on his kin. Just as he found him, a howl pierced the calm, but the rest of the pack would probably be closer. He didn't really want to see to the new arrival, so he looked around at Niveus' work, noticing some of the dens looked to be in better shape, and that he actually was starting on some new ones... ones that could better stand up against harsher weather. They wouldn't be any better against elk, but if there was a flood or strong winds and branches fell, they'd probably be better protected. Must have been something Niveus learned from the family.

What good would his half brother be? Other than more fight. Blade wouldn't trust him to be a guardian. There was no doubt Niveus could do the job, but there still the matter of trust that wasn't resolved yet. No. He was only good at guarding, in accordance with his namesake. Nothing to do but wait and see how the rest respond to him...
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

The scent of evil filled the nose of the young femme. The brown hued wolf pup had left her mother and father with her siblings because she had a change in heart, becoming dark and cold. The first pack she thought that would be her home was Mount Muerta. But after thinking, she retreated and left the mountains. After all, she liked dark forests. It made her feel at home and that she was happy to be isolated and alone here. Rebel went on her own all the time, sitting alone for hours, bawling her eyes out until they couldn't cry no more. How she loved that feeling. The placement in her right shoulder could be seen from afar. It was still in pain as the herbs that her mother gave to her didn't help at all. It was broken, but slightly mended. It would take sometime to heal it. The pup sat at the border of the Jabbar Junayd. The 9 month old pup waited for a sign that a wolf was near her location.

Kali had blanked out for a while. She wasn't sure where she was or anything. No wolves was near her location where the meeting was. Where was Damean and Blade and Echo? The assassin femme leaped forward, staying lower to the ground. Her blue orbs seemed to shine in the light as she bounded forward and left the area. She wondered where the alpha was. He said long ago that they would take a walk after the meeting, yet nothing had been said about it since then. As the scent of wolves was coming from the cave that the brown hued fem was near, she layed her ears back. She felt unwelcome. She layed a few yards away from the den and curled up, isolated. Then the smell of a pup entered her nostrils. Kali lifted her cranium to the scent and looked to the direction. She would go and greet the pup, but she wasn't even in the pack yet. She had not been accepted. But how could she when she doesn't look anyone in the eyes?
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

Number of posts : 207
Pawprints : 386
Registration date : 2012-01-16

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Ooc:|| oh Ruff! Thank you! Opening. WOOO!!!

Bic:||

Exodus was in a panic. She had to eventually hide away from the stampede of the herd. Where was Echo? She wanted to run to her pup but movement caught the corner of her eye. Kali! She made her way over, bowing her head a little to her. "Are you okay?" she asked coming up looking to the side. She had seen this fem not make eye contact before, watched her itch to look away and Exodus would not put her on the spot to do so either, everyone had their own quarks, they shouldn't be judged by it. Her mind flicked to Damean and how he had treated this female before her. She was going to make an appology to her, again, about it but something caught her attention again. Kali was focused on something else, and as Exodus sniffed the air she too smelled the pup. "Come on, no one should be alone incase there was something bigger chasing that herd" she smiled to the fem and turned waiting for her to lead the way.

Damean was pacing, going back and forth. It seemed like forever but finally he turned and focused his eyes on one wolf. Rawbones. His black pelt gave a shimmer as he walked over and flopped down. "This sucks" he said softly and looked out past his paws at the sky. They were high up, almost to high up for his liking. "Where is Exodus... and Echo... and --" he was about to say Daija but it was as if she heard his thoughts and came prancing into the scene. "Well well well" she said softly and looked at Rawbones and Damean, then to Bloodeye who lingered away from everyone. "Glad you're okay. I'll be right back" she turned and took the lead of her life... she needed to go...

Last edited by (.kippy.) on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 7:20 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Kali-2_zpsfb60434c

The attention of Kali was interrupted by the wolfess that approached her. Her cranium tilted away from the side that Exodus was on. She knew that the femme beside her had known she was going to hide her eyes at all cause. Her ears laid back quickly at question direct to her; was she alright? How are suppose to tell a normal wolf that your title is "Leader of Assassins" exactly? Kali decided to get away from the question for a minute by replying to her about the past events with her. It would buy a little time before she would need to reply to her. "I'm sorry about what I had said earlier to you before the hunt. You know.. when I said,'He wouldn't believe it, even you wouldn't'. Also, I never learned your name." She listened to the response that was spoken to her.

The black femme spoke of the very young howl that erupted the silence. She said that they should go investigate and something about a herd. Was that what happened while she blanked out? Seems she missed a lot. But she was quite glad that the unknown howl was another excuse for her not to explain herself. A small and slightly smile come across her face; it was the first one since she arrived here in Jabbar Junayd. "Let's go then," she replied softly as she leaped forward, eyes careful to not to look her in the eyes.

As she arrived to the nine month old fem, she looked to her, at her misplaced shoulder mostly, then to her paws. "Who are you?" She questioned, waiting to hear the footsteps of Exodus.

Rebel had lifted her front leg on the right side since her shoulder could barely hold any more pain. As she heard footsteps in her eardrums, she stood and tucked her ears back against her face. Before her eyes was another light brown wolf like herself, and she looked mean. Really mean; she could tell by her eyes. The larger and older fem had asked whom she was. Her tongue hung out and licked her lips before bring it back before she spoke. "My name is Rebel. Daughter of Mirror and Coyote. Out here in Jabbar Junayd, you probably never heard of me. But you shall soon. I seek acceptance in your pack, but first, my right shoulder is broken. Would you happen to have a healer here in these lands?" It was a mouthful for her. Her hazel eyes looked back and forth at the black and brown wolves in front of her. "What's your names?" She tilted her head."Kali,"the brown one replied quickly. Rebel nodded and looked to the black femme.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 11:29 pm

Exodus only nodded not saying her name yet. The female was very off but she didn't comment. It wasn't her place. They moved along the path towards the pup and when she pulled up she was just catching the words of the pup. A pup? She sure didn't have the words of one, no she spoke like an adult. But you shall soon. As a member it almost sounded like a challenge. Who else would follow this pup, or what? Exodus then took in the young fems form, shoulder wound, poor thing. She nodded to her request of a healer, figuring Kali might not quite know everyone yet. "I'm Exodus, we do have a healer, we've been having an huge day with a stampede and everything, and I haven't been able to see if everyone is okay. Good thing we found you though, never know why they got spooked or if anything was chasing them" she gave a side smile then lifted her head, sniffing the air seeing for herself if any strange scent was around. When nothing came to register she turned back to Kali and the pup.
She had to do a duty to the pack and she took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry but you've set me off edge with your comment about us all knowing you soon. Either you're going to tell a horrid story, in which I'd be glad to let the pups stay up late for a chilling story to send dreams, or you've come here and something follows. You want in the pack, if you bring danger, and want a home, now's the time to speak up, because there are two you have to contend with when it comes to acceptance. Akiko and Damean. One of which will be hot headed, the other more of a... two sided understanding" She knew Kali would know what she meant. She didn't want to tell to much to the young pup incase of whatever it was, spy, danger, what following her could be near. Who would want to know that the leader of Jabbar was still in learning... as a pup. She stood next to Kali, almost protective. She had seen Damean loose his temper, the pup had so much to learn, her... brother, had so much to learn. Mind flashed as she looked at the pup, breathing in and out as she thought of her dead brother and wondered what the world would be like if he was still around...
Legend, that fool. He was murdered now, gone, for good, thank god, but that wouldn't be the end of him and she knew it, something in her stomach told her a haunting was coming from him and she couldn't voice that to anyone...
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm

What was a relatively simple mission seemed to go awry far too quickly. Too many wolves were splitting off in different directions and she had still no report back from Petra. Blade had gone after her and Exodus after Echo. Stood atop a rock where the rest had followed to the heights of safety her eyes scanning the ashen trees that covered the land. It was quickly deduced that all the interruption was caused by a stampede. She tracked the dust cloud that rose up from the mass making its way through the lands. She wondered what had stirred them but unless it was on their land than it wasn't her problem. Looking behind her she saw those who were there were pacing anxiously. She too was started to get frustrated in waiting.

After a decent amount of time she began to howl in short bursts. Calling the floaters. It was a slim chance that if they were near the herd that any would hear but she had to try before scouting out into the forest. Her ear flicked and she leaned as if to hear better, head cocked to the side and focused. She barely heard a howl but it was unfamiliar to her and had the ring of a question to it....a wolf at the border then. Her lips pursed, he was fool if he thought anyone was going to bother tending to him now. Did he not feel the tension coiled in the earth at the passing of the hoofed beasts? Ah well, he would either continue to wait or get the hint and give the forest a try himself. For now she waited for her pack, or some sort of signal from the pack. Where could Petra and Blade be?
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:04 pm

Killian had parted ways with the pack. Having followed after his little half brother and the rest while wolves scattered. A howl sang out into the lands and there was Akiko looking off almost annoyed it seemed. No one had returned. He looked at the young Damean then back to Akiko, which to choose... then his head turned and he walked up to Akiko. "You can't avoid me forever..." he said softly and stood there shaking his head. "Do you want me to go answer the howl, go search for others? I'll send back a call, or, since you've called out, you can talk to me while waiting for the rest to return?" He tilted his head to the side when he finished asking her the questions. He wanted to ask her some things, about his mother, his father... as he would bet Damean wanted to know. Seems they both didn't know either of their parents to well, though Killian's mother was still alive. What a strange thing that made his blood run hot. He had a half brother, who would grow to be king of Jabbar while he was what he guessed, banned from Muerta. He wondered how his sisters faired, his brother... Dae... he missed her so much.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:24 pm

Nothing but the cold wind and silence. He should have expected as much, with what he assumed was a scattered pack. His call would go unanswered. His brow set, he began a careful descent down the cliff-side; it was much more dangerous coming down than it was coming up, his paws slipping on the ice and threatening to betray him over the edge. He was of sturdy frame and sure footing, though, making daring leaps from ledge to ledge, the snow blasting him all the way. The treeline even came up much quicker than anticipated, and soon, he was on earth's floor again, the scent of the many pines filling his nares, exhaling mist. The snow came up to his ankles and he surveyed his surroundings, but no one was to be seen. The grey wolf stood alone.

And then, a howl. A short, staccato, female howl. Auds perked. It was faint, coming to the southwest, carried by the northeasterly winds. He would be able to follow it, even with such a small trail. In an intermediate lope he headed for the source, passing between the trees like a shadow in the night, bounding over frozen creeks and rivers as silent as an owl. His pace was quiet, steady, calculated; but all at the same time, somehow ruthless. He had a destination, and he was going to stick to it. His stomach was hungry and he needed to rest, but those were things he could put to the back of his mind. It was what he had been trained for, afterall.

There she was, white as the snow. The female that had made the call. There was another wolf with her, a male. He approached, slowly, as so he wouldn't startle them. He was upwind of them. Steel grey eyes couldn't make out either of their expressions in the snow, so he stood, mute as a statue, wondering who would notice first. No need to open his mouth in matters that were not his concern.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 3:58 pm

He hadn't heard Akiko's howls earlier- probably because they had still been near the elk, but now that they've passed and their thundering were gone and he was paying attention, he was able to hear an occasional, short howl. Blade glanced at their small group, and sent a quick reply howl, Dens. Petra and Echo plus one. Adding who was in his company was for Exodus' and Damean's benefit, mostly. Then they'd probably stop worrying and the pack would make its way back here.

He noticed that with the time that had passed, Niveus had actually finished salvaging and reinforcing all of the dens that could be fixed and apparently didn't know what to do.

He was done and had been thinking when he was pulled out of his thoughts by Blade's sudden howl. Niv looked around, and would have dug out new dens for the very few that collapsed, but wasn't sure if they were occupied or where they should be. Instead, he made his way over to Petra and Echo, curious what they were doing, but also very cautious. He didn't want either of the females to turn hostile on him, knowing at the moment, Blade wouldn't care one way or another about the alpha's judgement.

He looked at Echo and wondered who her parents were. Separated during the stampede? He wasn't very accustomed to seeing parentless or orphaned young wolves... other than Blade when he ran away. He'd explore the lands and get to know them, but it wouldn't be a good idea until the rest of the pack were aware of him.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Petra waited as Echo wen into the den, licking away more of the blood that had crusted around her wounds. It was not long before the young fae returned with a bundle in her maw, and Petra was disappointed with the scant remains of supply. "Thanks, Echo," she said softly, snuffling through the pile. Despite how little there was, she could see already that there would be enough for treatment. With her paw, Petra pulled a dried root from the pile, and shifted some leaves and stems aside. Then she pushed the root toward Echo. "Give this a good sniff," she said, wanting the fae to start putting scents to memory for future reference. "This is the root of yellow dock," she explained, "Consuming it will put strength back into a wolf's body. It is especially good after blood loss from wounds or birthing, or when a wolf hasn't eaten properly in moons." She allowed time for Echo to get a good look at it, before she turned attention to another small bunch of stems. She pushed them forward. "These are called horsetail," the healer went on, "They are to be chewed and applied directly to the wounds, to help with bleeding and healing. With heavily bleeding wounds, I would apply horsetail and cover it quickly with thick wads of cobweb, and press down hard. If you can't find cobweb, moss is your next best bet. But we don't have to worry about that right now." Her wounds had stopped bleeding some time ago, but they would still benefit from treatment to prevent infection.

Petra nosed through the little bunch of herbs again, but could find nothing for the pain. With a disappointed sigh, she shrugged. "Normally I would offer pain relief for patients as well," she said, glancing at the small pile of herbs again, "There are plenty of herbs to choose from, and it may depend what kind of pain the patient is feeling. Right now some oregano would have been perfect - it would help with the pain and fight infection at the same time. Fennel or ginger root would be even better for the aches and swelling." She blinked slowly, taking a breath, then looked at Echo. She hoped she wasn't moving along too quickly for the femme to pick up on the information being offered. "Anyways, I will show you those things another time," she said, "We may have to travel in order to find some of the things we need. And the warmer seasons will replenish growth so we can collect more plants later." Putting her paw over the dock root, she dragged it towards herself and picked it up in her mouth. She sliced it in half with sharp molars, chewing up the small bit in her mouth while the other half dropped to the ground. She wouldn't need the whole thing.

"Well, you can get started now chewing up that horsetail and applying it," Petra said, nodding her head. She gave an encouraging smile to Echo, hoping the fae knew how pleased she was to be sharing her knowledge with someone interested. Her attention lifted momentarily over to Blade as he gave a howl, sending a message with it to Akiko. She had been so absorbed in what she was doing that she hadn't even heard the Betess call. Suddenly she realized that the others might be worried, and hoped that Blade's howl would put them at ease. Then she turned back to Echo, waiting for her to start.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Bloodeye-2

+Pain+Hate+Lies+Guilt+

Now that things had settled down, Bloodeye had opted to rest on the ground. Although she had gathered in the same area as the others, she had no desire to interact with them. She felt heavy and irritable. How long now until these pups made their existence known? She wanted it all to be over with soon, but she knew there was still time, and a world of suffering ahead. Her mind began to whirl with the events that would unfold, and she became a prisoner of her thoughts. Her eyes were wide as they stared wildly at the ground. She hardly noticed the femme that approached her, and was somewhat startled by the sound of her voice. A growl escaped her as she sat up, crimson pools flashing with hatred, though it was directed at no one in particular. She eyed the younger fae as she asked a simple question. Where is your... friend? Bloodeye let a few moments pass, the silence drawing on, before she answered with a dark smirk. "Good question," she murmured, her voice low and rasping, "If only I knew... but that's how Zaiaku is. He is bound by nothing and no one, so his ways are mysterious." She glanced away; she wasn't going to mention that he had probably left because of her. To blow off steam, enjoy himself, and wonder whether or not there was anything worth returning to in Jabbar Junayd. She had promised to make it worth it for him if he did come back, but she wouldn't blame him if he couldn't be bothered to return here to where she resided. She cast a sidelong glance toward Daija, wondering why the fae had chosen to speak to her. Of all the wolves, why her?

She turned to face the other she-wolf again. She didn't want to talk much about herself, or about her friend. "So, who are you anyways?" she asked, tail shifting, "You seem to have just drifted in amongst us, but you weren't born here. Where did you come from?" Though Bloodeye was not exactly trying to be friendly, she was somewhat curious as to where the fae had come from. It seemed to her an odd thing for a youngster to show up out of nowhere; she knew that Echo was of different circumstances, yet her origins were also rather mysterious. Digging her claws into the ground, Bloodeye felt a sudden wave of nausea, but she gritted her teeth and stayed put, looking to the other fae and waiting for a response. She might as well give the appearance of an interest in her packmates, even those she felt no connection to. She was loyal to Jabbar as a whole, and would fight for any of the wolves residing within the pack's borders, but she had never felt the need to become too attached to anyone in particular... well, except for that one... she avoided the rest, purposely keeping herself at a distance where her emotions could not be manipulated.

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Rawbones

Rawbones remained standing, his senses reaching out for any signs of the wolves they were waiting for. Damean flopped down in front of him, muttering. The elder closed his eyes. "It does suck, doesn't it?" he said, repeating the younger wolf's words. He wished he had the youthful vitality to go search for Exodus and Echo on his own. The approach of another made him flick his eyes open. It was the young fae, who seemed to have a history with Damean and Echo. She gave a few brief words before tottering off to go make conversation with Bloodeye. A brow raised, finding it curious that anyone should desire to approach that woman for anything other than pack duties. The only who seemed to spend any length of time with her was that strange brute, who came and went, and spoke in riddles, always with a cruel grin upon his dark mug. Shrugging, leaving the fae to her own devices, he turned to where Akiko had perched upon a higher lookout point, obviously distressed and annoyed over the pack's separation. The suddenness of two unfamiliar howls only added to the tension.

When he heard Akiko's voice lift to the skies, he couldn't help but join her. His rough, gravelly howl rumbled through the air. He let his song ring longer than Akiko's - he desperately wished for Exodus and Echo to return safely, or to give some sign that they were well. And there were others still missing as well. As his voice died out, he turned back to his surroundings - that young brute who seemed to resemble the prince and their betess had showed up again, pestering Akiko once more. He glanced to Damean, still sprawled on the ground. Huffing, he leaned down and affectionately ruffled the boy's scruff before padding off. Who was this young nuisance? He was about to go interrupt, but an unfamiliar scent drifted up to his nares, and he turned around to see a wolf standing a respectful distance away. Rawbones could only see the male's dark outline, the rest of his features hazy.

He glanced back at Akiko. He knew she would be able to deal with the newcomer without his assistance, but as always, he felt compelled to greet the new wolf. He had often been one to see to new wolves, if it was not Akiko. It made him feel of worth to bring new wolves in to be seen by the Alpha or Beta. He approached the male with his tail lifted, stiffness showing in his gait. His hardened gaze met with the other's sharp eyes. "Welcome to Jabbar Junayd," he rumbled, though his tone was not unfriendly, "I am Rawbones. Come introduce yourself." He swept his tail in the direction of Akiko and the male that was near her. Then he looked over to Damean, beckoning the young prince to come over. He should be a part of meeting the newcomer as well. Then Rawbones turned with the slightest dip of his head, and trotted over to Akiko. Silver eyes shifted to Killian, giving him a look as though to tell him to stay out of the way. He wondered if he would need to put this wolf in his place, if he was being a nuisance to Akiko.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm

Eyes were looking up at Bloodeye and she clung on every word. Who was she, and where did she come from, well no one really knew that did they? She had chosen this perfect time to come out in the open. "Have you ever loved something so much you'd die for it. I've been trying to find this something for a long time and now that I have I find out it loves someone else, that's okay though, because I've loved him longer" Her eyes landed on Rawbones and Damean as they stood and moved then she looked back at Bloodeye. "I've been lurking around and feeding off scraps, I was to scared to come out in the open. Um... but I'm Elena." She looked up at Bloodeye and smiled. "And you're Bloodeye. I've admired you, specially how to stood up to the young prince. He's a little to tempermental for a pup if I can say so myself. I haven't met him yet enough to know, but I have seen things, almost everything" She sighed and when a howl broke into the air telling where they were her anxious dance would give her away to Bloodeye. "He's with her" she muttered and took a deep breath. "He doesn't know who I am and yet, I will still win" she looked back at the older fem.

"Why do you seem like such an outsider to the pack?" she asked this with honest knowing it could get her killed instantly, but that's okay, she was still without Blade, but she would have him soon enough, he would be hers and she his.
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 I7jkzh10
Damean felt the brustle on his fur and watched Rawbones walk off only to talk to the shadows.
Who was there? He wouldn't know but he watched Rawbones nod him over. "And here we go" He stood and stretched. Blade's howl rose and he felt the tension in his shoulders lessen knowing Echo was okay, but still some were missing. Kali, Exodus, and who was the new one that Blade said, one other. He didn't know but he wouldn't press the thoughts on it he had to attend to what was going on here. His eyes searched over to Bloodeye and a older then him but younger pup. Who was she, he had seen Daija go over that way but she wasn't there, where had she gone? He sighed and shook his head. He couldn't keep track of them all and that he was learning to understand.

He caught up to Rawbones and passed a black pelted wolf. He hadn't met him yet, but he had seen him earlier before the stampede. Rawbones didn't seem to to fond of him and he shouldn't pass judgement yet without talking to him first. That's what he needed to do right. Learn to control his temper and control himself and find out more before over reacting. All part of growing up.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Bloodeye-2

+Pain+Hate+Lies+Guilt+

She cocked her head to the side as the fae went on to say something strange, something that was perhaps not what one should say upon first meeting another, and yet it was her choice of words anyways. She gave no response to the fae's question, realizing it was not meant to be answered. She seemed oddly intense as she spoke. What - or who - was she talking about? So, this young she-wolf had just been lurking around, afraid to come out... Bloodeye narrowed her eyes thoughtfully. At last, the younger gave her name, and Bloodeye nodded, about to open her maw and give her own name, but the other stated it first in a matter-of-fact sort of tone. She felt a tingling up her spine as her hackles bristled in irritation. Why did this little fae know so much, and why hadn't she ever noticed her before? Elena still hadn't stopped speaking yet, Bloodeye realized. Now she was explaining to her about how she'd admired her, especially for standing up to Damean. "Well, I wouldn't say it's admirable.." she muttered, but then she was cut off by the sound of a howl, and Elena's attention flitted to the voice. Her paws shifted anxiously in what seemed like a little dance of anticipation. Her voice came again, this time laced with jealousy - her last statement seemed full of certainty and determination, though. What was this fae getting herself in to? Was she interested in someone else's mate? Crimson orbs narrowed again... I dare her to try it if Zaiaku ever comes back...

Before she could make any sort of comment, another question flew from the young fae. Bloodeye sighed, rolling her eyes. This fae never seemed to slow down. Waiting a moment to see if anything else would come from the fae's lips, she was relieved by the silence that ensued. Maybe she could get a word in, not that it mattered. The question did not shake her, nor cause anger. Looking the femme in the eye, she parted her jaws to speak. "I choose to be this way," she said firmly, "Forming deep attachments only leads to pain. I've had enough of that. I make sure that the others keep their distance." Now she glanced the fae up and down. Did she realize what she was going to face when she tried to pursue a mated wolf? Even if her obsession was only a childish desire, she was going to end up hurt - physically or emotionally. But Bloodeye was not going to try to convince her not to do what she wanted. Besides, she knew that a young wolf in love would never listen to reason. One could not possibly remove the clouds that blocked out all sense of logic. Instead, it might be more interesting to watch how this played out, maybe even to encourage it. "Sometimes... having an attachment is a good thing," she said quietly, a devious glint in her eyes, "When that attachment is strong, a wolf will fight hard to keep it." What would Elena get out of what she'd said? Bloodeye sought amusement from the potential disaster that awaited those involved... and they didn't even know it yet.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 pm

The grey wolf did not have to wait very long for someone to notice. A third wolf, an older male with a built frame, approached him. Another male, a much younger one, possibly a yearling, wasn't far behind him. They, too, must have came to the white female's call. The old male's words were rough, but not unfriendly. A tone he was used to. The grey wolf nodded his head at the welcome, following his lead towards the female and the other male. "Skyfall is the name," he replied, his vocals smooth and baritone, like silver. Steel-hued eyes flickered from one face to the other, uncertain of who was in charge. He didn't ask, for he would find out soon enough. He didn't need to be anywhere of dire importance. If they wanted to know why he was here, he would tell them, but until then, he would remain quiet.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:49 am

A soft smile spread on Echo's lips at Petra's response. "You're welcome," she replied with a thump of her tail. Even though she knew she wasn't very good at it, she liked helping others, ears pushing forward to absorb all of the information the healing expert was going to tell her. She inhaled the musky scent of the root, noting the yellow color streaked with orange, pale and brownish with age. She assumed that if it was fresh, it would be brightly hued. She nodded and watched as Petra took up half of it and chewed it, slightly frowning that it wasn't the exact herb she needed, but it would do. "Where can I find most of these in the warm seasons?" she asked. It was just as important to know the locations of these herbs as it was their properties and features. She looked to Petra expectantly and picked up the horsetail in her mouth, the texture resembling splintery blades of straw rather than grass. Her nose wrinkled at the woody taste, picking up some snow to soften them more than her saliva could.

Akiko's howls pierced the air as Echo applied the first bandage to an injury on Petra's left shoulder. It had stopped bleeding, but it would prevent future scarring. She had enough horsetail to place a second bandage behind Petra's left ear, and then looked to her teacher for further guidance. "Should we go to Akiko and the others?" she asked, wondering how soon the medicine would kick in. She needed to know how long they would take, as well. Right now, as much as she wanted to learn, a good portion of her was impatient. She needed to see Damean again, to see if he was all right. She needed to see Rawbones and Exodus as well, but Damean came first. She wouldn't let this be known to anyone but herself, though, for it was something even she had yet to understand.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:18 pm

Her icy blue eyes turned from the landscape to meet a the young hessian's, he had come to speak to her and his comment about her avoiding him irked her but her face remained impassive. Fool of a child, what reason would she have to avoid him? His likeness to Damean Jr. was a little unnerving and made her stomach feel a little sick with memories of Jager's face. Damn that brute...who did he think he was to go off and die? She did not notice the arrival of the foreign wolf her attention focused on Killian. His offer to look for the pack took her off guard but she shook her head glancing once more out to the forest. "That will be unnecessary. They will come." She opened her mouth to say something else but there was a response howl floating on the breeze, her head tilted ears swiveling to catch the message. It was Blade...it seemed everything as in order so far though she would like to see them and inquire what had happened. She wondered where Echo had run off to as well and it was then as she swung her glance to the young king she saw the unknown male who had approached but Rawbones had already swooped in with Damean at his heels.

She spared them a lingering glance before looking back to her sisters son, they were coming over anyways. Her eyes searched his face and she pursed her lips. "Which one are you? Odin or Killian?" She wondered what his business was here. "Did my sister send you? You do not smell of Muerta." Which meant he had been traveling long enough from that place to rid himself of it's morbid stink. Rawbones was beside her now with the new male, she waited for Killian's answer and nodded as the bru spoke his name. "And what of you stranger? Have you come by your own accord or are you here to bid for Jabbar attention?" Akiko's mood was short and she could not keep the frown from her face, she was not necessarily angry, perhaps just a tad more than grumpy. Her tassle lashed and the petite Betess stood, body firm every ounce of her shouting at her dominance and despite being so small no one who was ever in her presence could ever accuse her of being small. She wanted to know the condition of her pack and what had caused the stampede.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:54 am

Petra watched as her student examined the scant herbs before her. Then the question of where these herbs were to be found came about. The healer tried to think of the best way to describe their locations. "Well, you can find dock just about anywhere, as long as there aren't many trees around," she responded. She winced slightly as the horsetail was applied to her wounds, although she knew it would feel better shortly. Blinking, she continued telling Echo about where to find things, "Horsetail, on the other hand, grows best in damp, shady areas. But if you're ever looking for flowers, you'll almost certainly find them in the meadow during the spring and summer." The territory of Jabbar Junayd was primarily woodland, but there were several meadows, and one in particular, that Petra could think of. She had seen the meadows bright with flowers during the warm seasons, and there were often useful flowers that could be gathered for their leaves or seeds.

"Anyways, that's where you can find a few things," she said, glancing up when Echo did at the sound of Akiko's howl. After Echo asked whether or not they should go, Petra nodded her head, continuing briskly, "When the time comes, I will teach you more, and show you where the plants grow." Then she glanced briefly to her mate, and to his kin, wondering what Blade wanted to do. He didn't seem in a hurry to get back quite yet. She looked to Echo again, noticing just a bit of restlessness, and figured she must be itching to get going. "You go ahead, Echo," she said, dismissing the young she, "We will take our time getting back. Go swiftly, and watch for danger.. who knows what is lurking out there." She glanced around the environment. Nothing seemed to have been following that herd, but one could never be too cautious. Assuming Echo would be on her way now, Petra pushed herself up onto her paws, shifting herself over to where Blade was. Her paws felt a little lighter, but she was still tired and cold. Still... maybe it was best if they joined back with the rest of the pack. "Shall we go, as well?" she questioned softly.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Echo nodded, noting where she'd be able to find the herbs that lay before them. She smiled at her teacher and gave her tail a soft wag. "Maybe when it warms up and all the flowers come back, I can help replenish your stocks," she offered, considering how crestfallen Petra had appeared when she first brought them. All Echo wanted to do was help. She again nodded her head at her teacher's dismissal. "Thank you," she said with a tip of her dial, and then bounded off for the direction of the short, staccato howls from Jabbar's Beta. She went towards the sound at an easy pace, legs long and limber through the snowbanks, reaching just past her ankles for a result of about four inches on the ground. Her heart pounded in her throat. She was so eager to reach everyone else, so eager to see Damean, and Rawbones, and Exodus. She didn't go running towards them, however, for guilty thoughts still lingered in the back of her mind. She knew she would have to apologize for bolting like she had during the stampede... She had already apologized to Blade and Petra, but she could chase the feeling off her shoulders. This is what being responsible was... and so far, she hadn't made a very good show of it.

Coming upon the scene, she wanted to call out Damean's name. She wanted to adventure, bound over the snowdrifts, skate over the frozen lake and scatter the geese, get lost with him in the winter woods and follow the stars to find their way home. She actually had to pause in her approach, clench her teeth, and shake her head. They weren't children anymore. Yes, they were young, but both were saddled with responsibilities, he more than she. There was much he had to do, and much she had to learn. She slowed in her approach, coming to Rawbones' side rather than Damean's. As much as she wanted to be with him, she knew it was smarter to keep her distance. Her expression was calm, passive, observing the steel-grey wolf before Rawbones. She once'd him over: his sturdy frame, his quiet confidence, his respectful gaze, yet cautious. He had the look of a man on a mission, and Echo wondered what he was doing here in Jabbar. She would have asked him herself, but this was Rawbones' role, not hers. Instead, she kept her heather eyes locked upon his frame, even when she could feel Damean's boring into hers.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 am

Blade looked up as Petra approached and Echo hurrying off towards Akiko and the rest of the pack. It appeared as if their short lesson had gone well enough from what he could see. "Are you sure you're up to return? It might be best to remain here so you can rest up. The pack knows where we are, and Echo would probably tell them it's safe to come back. Akiko would want a full report, anyways. Did you find out where they came from?" His mate still looked weary from the ordeal, and he wasn't quite ready to return yet until he could give a fuller report. He couldn't really care less about where the elk ended up until they learned of their origins.

"They came from outside the lands. A beeline from the northeast. I saw the tracks outside. Not sure if that's important or not, though," Niveus said, "They were already well in stampede when I first saw them. Anything could set off flighty beasts like elk. A loud noise, a threatening presence, although it'd have a be a large group of them for elk to run this far, and other reasons I've forgotten."

"No answers to why, then. Hamara and Tirisfal are both northeast. If they kept their pace without turning, the elk might be huddled in a corner of our lands, unless they curved north or southwards, back easterly, and already left." Blade reasoned out. He'd have sent Niveus to look, but he still wasn't recognized in the lands. As much as he may still not like his kin, it wasn't a reason to let the wolf get killed. He also didn't want to take a look himself and leave Petra alone or leave Niv with her. He knew she was fully capable to looking out for herself, but what if the elk had been fleeing, as was proposed?
Back to top Go down
(.kippy.)

(.kippy.)

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:27 pm

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 I7jkzh10

He watched the wolves before him, his head was held high and his tassel swung from side to side waiting for the answers to Akiko's questions. He wanted to know why the young male who resembled him and called him brother was here too, who was he? He was older, and then Akiko called him Odin, or Killian. Who were they? Then it was like a punch in the gut and Damean saw the white pelt of Echo from the corner of his eye. His head turned slowly and blue orbs locked on his best friend... It was a knot at first, something that wound tighter and tighter in his chest. It hurt and he tried to suck in a breath but couldn't seem to manage it past his building knot in his throat. "Echo..." he spoke her name and his body relaxed instantly. His whole self relaxed if only a fraction, it was the tension inside that had been the relief mostly. He was going to go to her instantly when Akiko spoke about if her sister sent him here and Damean turned to look at the male again. Her sister, Akiko's sister... and the male almost resembled what a white version of Akiko would be as a male... wait... his eyes widened just a fraction and he stepped back. "I'll be right back... pardon me..." he stepped back again and then walked over to Echo. He needed the distraction in yet another chaotic situation for himself. He walked up to her and didn't hesitate as he nudged under her chin and licked her face several times. "I thought..." he couldn't help but sigh as he pressed his nose into her neck inhaling her scent as if it were another way to make sure she actually was okay. "Echo I'm just glad you're okay" He sighed and pulled back feeling instantly cold. "It's been so hectic" he stepped closer again a warmth spreading a little through him as he got closer to her.
"I have to be over here, come with me please..." he pleaded with her a little and nodded towards Rawbones and Akiko stepping closer and barely catching what they were saying.

Killian smiled at Akiko. "So unlike my darling mother aunty" he sighed and sat down shaking his head. "Um... no. Actually I left quite some time ago when I tried to kill Damkira... Call it cowards way out but I'd rather live then have my mother rip out my throat for trying to teach my sister lesson since our own mother isn't around... ever" He sighed and rolled his eyes. "And besides... I wanted to see him" his eyes were drawn over to Damean who now consulted with the polar opposite of himself in pelt hues. "Seeing how he is my half brother by fatherly blood. At least I can help a little" he shrugged and looked back at Akiko. "That is you'll let me. I'm not here to cause a mess, I promise on his grave. I loved him too you know, and I miss him dearly even if I didn't get to see him enough, and this is the closest place to him, and that's through the land and jr pup over there" Killian was looking at Akiko. He was being honest, out of all the pups sired and birthed between Damean and Akira, Killian and Dae were the honest of the lot, Odin was the mysterious one. Mercy was the lover and Dam... well she was just a stuck up bit**. He didn't want to call this place home, but he didn't want to leave either... he was to tired of being alone.

Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:15 am

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Rawbones

Rawbones stood quietly as the new male let his name be known. He clearly wondered who was in charge here, although he seemed in no hurry to get any answers. He was about to give clarity to the situation, and find out Skyfall's reasoning for being here, but he was distracted by Echo's appearance. He could see her soft eyes flickering over to Damean, but she stifled her desires and came to his side instead, looking to the new wolf. Rawbones couldn't help but to be delighted by her return, though. "Thank goodness you're back," he murmured quietly to her, licking her ear. Now he only needed to see Exodus return and he would be satisfied. Though he'd had such little time with either of the girls, he cherished them. He needed to hold onto them, for he'd lost too much. Sighing, he turned away from her as Damean came around to her other side, clearly needing her presence. He noticed that the other younger male was keeping Akiko's attention. Glaring at the male with a shake of his head, he grumbled and turned back to Skyfall, pausing a moment to adjust his eyes. "This is our Betess, Akiko," he rumbled, flicking an ear as though a fly had bothered him,
"It seems some wolves just can't wait when duties call to their higher-ups."

Trying to ignore the fact that Killian was getting in the way of things, he continued on. "So, Skyfall, why have you come?" he questioned, "What is it that draws you to these lands?" He then fell silent as curiosity overtook, although in the back of his mind he still worried over Exodus' location and status. Was she safe? Was she coming back? He had to ground himself with claws digging into the sod to force himself to concentrate. After all, the new wolf would be one of them soon. It was best to get to know him now. It felt as though it had been a while since a new wolf had come to them to respectfully seek out the pack for acceptance. Or maybe he'd just been too distracted to notice those who were already here.

--------------------------------------

Petra wondered about her condition as Blade asked. She felt pressured to go, but she wasn't sure if her body was up for it yet, though she did feel better from the dressings on her wounds and the yarrow root she'd consumed. Then he asked if she knew where the stampeded had come from. Reluctantly, and with a frown, she shook her head. "No, I haven't a clue.." she said with a sigh, "They overwhelmed me before I could even make it to the edge of the territory. I had to go into hiding immediately, or I'd have been trampled to death." She knew she had let down the pack and failed in fulfilling the orders given to her. She didn't know what to say about that. Before she had time to go on worrying about that in her mind, Niveus spoke up, for which she was thankful. Feeling better, she nodded her head. "It's hard to know what they're doing," she said quietly, "Hopefully they've left." She shifted closer to Blade, if that was possible.

Leaning into him slightly, she felt comforted being so close to him. "Maybe I do need a good rest before we go anywhere," she finally admitted, "But perhaps the pack will come back here to rest, as well." She hoped that would be the case, because now that she was standing still, she felt weary all over again, despite the strength the yarrow had given back to her. She gave a shiver as a sharp breeze gusted through the densite. "Let's gather up the remaining herbs and bring them back to my den," she suggested, leaving it up to Blade to decide what he would tell his brother to do. The brute was free to go meet the pack for himself, or stay with them for now, which would probably be his safest bet.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:25 am

Damean didn't just stare at her. No, he came right up to her, licking her muzzle and wagging his tail. A surge of annoyance rose in her chest. She pulled away from his advance. "I'm glad to see you're okay, too," she said in a soft tone, although colder than she had wanted it to be. "But I can't go with you right now. I have things to take care of first. And so do you. We're adults now, Damean. We can't just go running off together to talk whenever we feel like anymore. We have responsibilities... You have responsibilities." She turned away from him now, lavender gaze settling back on the newcomer. She knew that there were several things she needed to learn here, one of them being how to treat wandering wolves, and the other being a self-sufficient member of the pack. She knew that there would come a point where it would be her decision whether or not to let a wolf in, and that decision could either benefit or destroy the pack. In addition, she knew she couldn't rely on the elders for wisdom at every beck and call. So, she mirrored Rawbones' pose: head tilted slightly down in questioning, tail raised with authority but not total, chest forward to represent passage. There was much she had to learn from Rawbones as well, and perhaps when things became ordered, they could begin. For now, though, she would have to push Damean to the back of her mind and focus on this newcomer at hand.

A white yearling then came to Rawbones' side, and though the youth was in her step, it was not in her eyes or the rest of her body language. Skyfall paused, intrigued by her serious disposition, even as Rawbones licked her ear in familial comfort. She didn't even seem phased by such a notion. It was strange, the way the youth's eyes locked on him, like she was trying to see through him. Well, what would she see? He had many secrets, many untold tales, many scars hidden in his silver fur. Whatever she was trying to see, he wasn't sure that she could.

The timber nodded as Rawbones explained that Akiko was the Betess. She had made the call to come, so that made sense, but... What of the Alpha? Not many packs ran without one. At Rawbones' next question of where he came from or what he was drawn to here, he paused, and looked over his shoulder. The snow was still falling, but his tracks were still visible. "I come from over the mountains, but if you're asking for where I was born, I can tell you that it was also beyond the mountains, and in a shallow valley near the coast. As for what I'm doing here, this happened to be the first pack I encountered," he responded, speaking of places instead of reasons. They didn't need to know the reasons.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:14 pm

Akiko's hard eyes watched Killian speak to her and he was bordering insolence that fell back oddly quick into something less than that. She could not help clenching her teeth, even if he did not think so it was obvious to her that he was Akira's son. The way he spoke and the sort of entitlement that came from him. Clearly this brat didn't know the danger that he was putting himself in by coming here. His honesty surprised her when he opened up about Damean and she felt her stomach roll a little thinking about their past alpha. She noted the return of Echo and Damean trying to bring her back over to the little pow-wow. She realized that Damean Jr. might not know who this was and if he didn't the resemblence would make it all the more obvious. Rawbones was managing the new wolf who had called and she was ever grateful for his assistance. She looked straight and true into Killian's eyes measuring the wolf before her. She knew little of her sister's spawn but she was not suprised that at least one of them had been driven off. Tassle flicked and her blue eyes were unkind to Killian. Her tone stiff she respond in a lower tone that was playing along the line of deadly "That Jr. pup over there is your alpha, your first lesson would be to learn how to shut the hell up." She snorted "How ever like Akira to just run your mouth without thinking. It was ever my sister's trademark, though unlike you I think, she had the moves to back herself up." No one could deny Akira's savagetry. She was crazy, but she was more than a skilled oppenent. Akiko and Despair escaped most of the pagentry and kept their heads about themselves.

Her mouth pursed she smiled sardonically "Blood does not necessarily protect you here nephew and do not assume to know me because of your mother. You are a fool who has wandered into another rival pack where you yourself are a challenger to the alpha by the blood you seek to connect with. You say that you wish to make no mess but it is not for me to let you stay or dimiss you." She looked over to Damean jr. then and made a low noise in her throat drawing his attention. "Damean, this wolf here is your half brother, son of my sister Akira in Muerta. Look upon him well and judge what he has to say. Whether he stays or goes, lives or dies, is up to your command." She looked between the two brothers. "As I just said and I counsel you to keep this in mind as a blood brother he is the highest threat to contend you for the throne." She was curious to Damean's decision, knew the boy was just starting to shape up to the harsh realities of the world. Leaving puphood and growing into something more. But what sort of wolf would he be? Akiko was unsure of what she would do if he grew too soft..Damean had been soft but he had been cold and cunning as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd    A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New Reign: Jabbar Junayd
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next