Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hendaron

Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Pawprints : 867
Registration date : 2011-02-04

The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Empty
PostSubject: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:28 am

A smooth wind touched the land, bringing with it the scent of a new day.

Along the hill he lay, inhaling the fresh air.
Behind him he could smell the familiar scent of his brother, who followed some miles behind him.
Ahead in the flat lands before him, he smelled the mixed and exotic smell of a pack.
"Intetresting, I wonder..." He stood up and started walking towards the plain in
front of him.
"Maybe there is a place amongst them for a lone wolf, or 2" he thought.
He looked back, and in the distance he could just make out a small dot. "Jarl..."

He and his brother weren't on good terms at the moment, they lived already their entire lives together,
but sometimes... they just couldn't get along. This was one of those times.

It all had started yesterday. They had been able to get a hare, by Jarl digging him out on one side
and Halvor waiting at one of the other tunnels. When the hare came out ,Halvor had him at his neck.
With a quick snap, the "hunt" had been concluded.
One hare is very little for 2 adult wolves, but they were used to starving. And they had survived worse.
But this time they couldn't decide how to share the prey. It had happened earlier, but this time it
had almost run into a fight. In his anger Halvor had torn of a leg of the carcass and ran ahead to cool off, leaving
the rest of the carcass to his brother.

Now, as his stomach started to protest, he regretted leaving the whole meal to Jarl.
"Nah, he needs it more than I, the skinny fellow." he said to himself
with a smile.

He sat down. He would wait for him.

Last edited by hendaron on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

Number of posts : 126
Pawprints : 242

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Jarl was angry. "Stupid foxes ,always steal my food!
Yes run back to your holes! Cowards... "
Jarl had lost his hardly worked for hare to a bunch of roving foxes.
" Mmmh... maybe Halvor has some food left mmh... " he hoped Halvor would stop, and not walk further like last time.
Deep inside he feeled kind of sorry for him , he knows he isn't the easiest person to live with .

But both they have had a very troubled past " pffff .. I am stil hungry . Hey, look birds! "
Jarl started chasing the birds, who where phasants "Haha you cant fly."
Jarl jumped, got one of the phasants at a leg, and in a fluid motion, he smacked him down.
With a snap his powerfull jaws he ended the bird's misery.

"This will make him happy! diep inside Jarl smiled. (And hoped he gets a piece too )
He picked up the bird with his mouth and started walking towards Halvor
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:28 pm

"Ugh...Jarl...
He saw jarl chasing over some birds the plains.
Halvor stood up and stretched himself. For a moment he thought he smelled another wolf, but the the next second
it was gone. [Ooc: open invitation ; ) ]

Then he started walking down the hill, as Jarl had caught one of the birds and killed it quickly.
" Would he share?"
Suddenly, he stopped. He had heard a low siss.

He looked to the left and saw, not more than two feet away, a rattlesnake staring at him, ready to jump.
Halvor acted quickly, and jumped aside,out of the reach of the snake's deadly fangs.
He braced himself. Then the snake attacked, trying to bite the wolf and bring his deadly poison to bear.

First Halvor rolled, avoiding the snake's lung towards one of his legs, then halvor jumped again, and he snapped him in the tail.
With a swing of his head he tossed the beast away. "Phew *pant* that was close, I better make a run for it."

And so he did.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:57 pm

The monotonousness of walking this wasteland was slowly killing Kovu. He had spent the last day trudging through the forest he had once called home to make it to the Lone Lands, in hopes of finding at least a blip of civilization, and in turn there had been none. Kovu now delicately touched the fierce, alien landscape as if it were scolding his paw pads. Orphaned as a pup, he had finally made the decision to step away from isolation, finding little to live for anymore. Suddenly there it was. Right in front of him. Two figures in the distance. They appeared to be wolves, and one looked like it had something in its mouth. He realized how long it had been since he had eaten. Before he knew it his muscular figure could be gone, turning to skin and bones that would do him no good in such a harsh environment. He figured he had to act while he still had energy. Kovu concluded he would be coming in at their 9 o’clock, as it seemed they were completely unaware of him. It was best to try and take the smaller one with the bird, considering the other was larger and still in a stationary position, unprepared to react in defending hid comrade wolf. Like that, Kovu took off. He hadn’t run so fast and in such in open area in so long. His eyes teared from the wind pounding his eye sockets, and his hind was pushing the ground hard in a machine cycle motion. The sweet aroma of blood filled his nostrils. The figures became shapes, and the shapes became blobs. Just before one of them turned, Kovu snatched the pheasant from the one wolf’s mouth and leaped down into a defensive position, ready to take off at any second in one fluid motion. He expected to get a reaction.

This was probably not the greatest first impression he could have made.
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:23 pm

Suddenly, a flash, and the phaesant in his mouth was gone.
Jarl turned , only to see an large wolf looking at him defensivly.
He looked at the wolf and measured how fast he would be able to run.
Because he saw the speed the other wolf runned at , Jarl was convinced the other one would be faster .
Jarl did take a good look at the wolf and what he did see was that it was a bigger male, but not neccesary a stronger one.
But Jarl can't get it over his heart to attack for such a petty, so he asks :
" ... Can I get my bird back?"
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:43 pm

Finally, his adrenaline slowed down. His dim vision finally clarified, only to see two very confused wolves staring at him. He realized what he had done was not the greatest way to handle the situation. He had not been face-to-face with another wolf since his sister died. Lack of communication for so long didn’t promote friendliness. Kovu suddenly began to feel the delayed effects of exhaustion, feeling stability crumble under him. He was on the verge of collapse, and knew that if he did succumb to this oncoming wave, these wolves would be the only ones to help him…or hurt him. Kovu stumbled, practically throwing the dead pheasant into the wolf’s face. In an intoxicated-like state, Kovu regained focus. “Sss…sorry,” he panted, now heavily breathing uncontrollably, flicking his tail playfully to at least signal he intended no immediate harm.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Halvor startled. Suddenly Jarl stood face to face with a stranger. Who had HIS phaesant in his mouth. Halvor started to run, with every stride gaining more momentum, he would soon change in an living battering ram. He would teach that wolf a lesson, he wouldn't kill him, but that other wolf wouldn't be getting away without some bruises. At minimum.
IF Halvor could cath him,that is. During his charge he heard Jarl asking his meal back." Silly boy". the world is hard, and the other wolf and Halvor already learned that. Only the stong survive here. The weak (or dumb) perished. With only about twenty feet between him and his target ,Halvor prepared for the collision.

Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Jarl catched the flying pheasant with his mouth .He looked at the wolf and saw that he was exhausted.
Also he saw Halvor running down, more like charging, from the hill. Jarl swings his head and throwhed the pheasant
towards Halvors head, hoping it would stop him .he also moved in front of the other wolf, to stand right in the way, incase it wouldn't work,
to absorb the charge to the wolf behind him he shouted : " Duck ! "
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 pm

With only a few feet to go, Halvor increased his speed. Suddenly he saw that the stranger went down, and Jarl got his phaesant back. And then Jarl throwed it at his head.Did he had to stop? At the top of his speed, Halvor couldn't do more than alter his course, or jump over them. he choosed the latter. He halted,used his momentum to jump, and flew over them. But it was close, he even had felt Jarls fur streaking over his toes. The jump went well , the landing... not so well.
He had misplaced his paw, and slipped . The contact with the ground ,was short but hard...

Last edited by hendaron on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:47 pm

He was so reluctant in his mind to give up such a fresh kill. Yet he had to give it up, for it was not his own. Besides, he lacked satisfaction in having an “easy” meal that he didn’t struggle to kill; did not feel the life leave its body. And the timing of this was quite beneficial, as he witnessed a giant body of fur soar over the wolf that now appeared to be protecting him. Still lost in a daze, he wandered over to the fallen stranger, who looked in pain over his harsh landing on the unforgiving turf. Kovu simply stood over the stranger’s body, puzzled with his head crooked. Again, a slight tail wag greeted the stranger, who he was unaware of the fact that this same wolf was attempting to attack him seconds ago, rather than perform this improvised aerial leap.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 pm

"Where are you looking at?" Halvor said, spittnig out dirt and small stones with every word.
Halvor stands up, stretches his hind legs and back, before taking a look at his many scratches.
When he noticed the stranger looking at him a bit weird, he looked back a bit angry. Then he stood up and went in search of the phaesant.

When he had found the phaesant , he noticed the little fox pulling at it, desperatly trying to get away with his "prize" , when he saw the big wolf's face, he startled in fear. "Your' lucky I just bruised every bone in my body, now run,little one." The small fox runned away, quickly dissappearing in one of the many holes around this barren land.

Without further delay, Halvor started eating the phaesant. Torning it appart, and gnawing its bones clean.

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Kovu watched as the wolf got up, shaken from such a fall, and stared him down. He didn’t know whether to be scared, thankful, happy, whatever. He was just happy to interact with someone. After a few awkward moments, he observed the wolf scare off an animal from the dead bird and proceeded to eat. He had never seen meat in a way that made him feel so tempted beyond control. He licked his chops delightfully as the wolf began ripping the juicy meat from the small pheasant bones. Unable to express what he wanted, with so many possible simple things to say like, ‘Who are you?’ or ‘Can I have some of that?’, he froze. All he could say was possibly the single most simplistic yet stupid thing: “Hello.” How such hunger could make anyone lose all intelligence for the moment.
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Jarl was overlooking the situation.He wondered what the stranger was doing here . But that's not a very good question to start with.

"Are you alright? Sorry For Halvor's behavior he is sometimes a bit aggresive if it involves me . What is your name ?"

Jarl hoped Halvor did not scared the stranger .
It was a long time since they last have seen a other wolf since the pack send them away.
He also hoped the wolf was not a particulary evil or dark person.

Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:39 pm

Halvor looked back towards the two wolfs standing next to eachother.
The stranger said something he couldn't completly understand, but Jarl started firing questions towards the other.
Halvor looked down at the half eaten carcass.
He supposed he could share some, the pheasant was well-fed and fat, with more meat on it than he had seen the past weeks.
There was enough to feed three wolves... And he already got the lion's share of it, so...
He grabbed the phaesant with his mouth, and started walking towards the two.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:48 pm

Kovu turned as the other wolf began to speak to him. Now regaining better consciousness by not paying attention to his hunger, he replied, “My name is Kovu. My past is, well, terrible to say the least. For most of my life, I’ve been alone, literally trapped in a forest and figuratively stuck in my own self-conscious and isolation. I just kind of decided that now was the time that I must search for others, maybe even a pack. I can’t really say for myself who I am, what I am, or what is right for me, but all I truly am sure of is that I can’t stay alone forever.” He paused for a while. “So, who are you exactly? And who is your…uhh…friend?” He quickly glanced at the other wolf, who was now approaching with the pheasant. He almost began to droll a little.
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Jarl was a bit overwelmed by the waves of information. " I am ..uhh.. Jarl and that thing over there is my brother Halvor"

he was thinking a bit about how shocked you should be if you first steal a pheasant , only to drop it and after it being charged by Halvor .
And to make it complete, see him eat the phaesant while you did not eat for some days.

And when Halvor aproached, Jarl thought he could hear Kovus stomach growl .
Jarl then said : "How did you end up here ? "
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:17 pm

Kovu had to think a bit. This was a bit much for him, having to recall back to a past that already felt so far away now that he had just established his first contact with another being (that he didn’t kill) in quite some time. He spurted, “I just…sort of…walked. I knew there was bound to be somebody here, and I figured I would be able to find out how to get here on my own. My goal was just to discover the world I never really knew, and there was nothing...or, no one...holding me back. Now about that…um…bird…I mean, what are you guys looking for in a wasteland like this? Looking for people, maybe?"
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:28 pm

Halvor closed in . he wondered how the stranger would react if he teased him a little.
with the food, because he looked quite hungry. Halvor stopped next to Kovu.
He heard Jarl and the stranger talk, and wondered who of them two had actually insulted him.
"What bird, this bird?"
he said,while he dropped the phaesant right in front of Kovu's paws.
"look how juicy ,tasty and fat he is"
he said, wanting to test Kovu's reaction, meanwhile prodding it with his left paw.
"Jarl, want a piece? I am sure you want."
Halvor quickly snatched away the phaesant, and threw it to Jarl.

If anybody would have played this trick on Halvor, he would be furious.
"And ,stranger, whats your name?" he said with a menacing grim.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 9:39 am

Kovu saw the satisfied look in Halvor’s eyes as he flaunted the pheasant body like it was a trophy, tossing it to his brother. The slowly forming grin on Halvor took up his entire face as he asked Kovu a question. Kovu could almost smell this test of composure from a mile away now. He appeared neither angry nor desperate; in fact, he soon began to show little emotion at all, an almost determined look on his brow. He just calmly replied, “Kovu. I was just talking to your brother about that.” He had walked miles upon miles on desolated land, only to come to being teased by the first wolf he met. No matter the hunger, now that he felt at least a little better than he had minutes ago, he thought he could outlast such a cruel joke. If he didn’t completely give in then, he wasn’t going to now. But one way or another, he was going to get some sort of meal…
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Halvor saw the other wolf controlled himself. "Good" he thought, being happy the wolf wasn't unstable or something.
He had seen what hunger could do with other beings, forcing them to make unwise, and often fatal, choices.
And then he decided the wolf had proved himself in front of him. "You can have a piece of that phaesant too , if you want." he said, before turning
to some shadowy scrubbs.

"But if I was you, I should be fast though, before Jarl eats it all alone."

He left the two wolves and lied down near some scrubby plants, who offered some shadow.
With a moan, he lied down, and closed his eyes. Time for a nap.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:19 pm

He took that slight invitation and ran with it. As Halvor walked away, before any other word could be said, Kovu dug his teeth deep into the now nearly cold carcass. Flesh had never been such a medicinal-like cure, and yet he felt almost jittering with energy as the time lapse between bites grew shorter and shorter as the pheasant was being devoured. Almost nothing could stop him from such a feeding frenzy. Even though it was small, Kovu hadn’t been so thankful for food ever, as far as he could recall. At this rate, nothing would be left besides fragments of some of the larger bones. Feeling a little remorseful, scraps were left for the other wolf. Though to Kovu, the rules in the game of life still remained to be "Survival of the Fittest", and any friendship would probably fall secondary to that.
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:19 pm

Jarl did look how Halvor walkt away to the scrubbs .
The following moment he sees Kovu koms standing near him to eat the phaesant ,
it made him fhinking back to his live as pup , wich was a hard live .
" Uhhh .. yeah... I go for a ... uhh a walk ... yeah a walk ... "
A little confused, Jarl walks away leaving Halvor and Kovu behind him.

After a short walk Jarl saw something in the corner of his eyes ,he saw the reflection of water.
Jarl dashed for it , he never runned like this already for a long time, as he made it to the reflection he sees a pool .
Its like 10 feet diameter , as he put his right paw in the water, the cold feeling reminded him of his home.
As he looked into the water he sees his reflection ,his gray furr , his white cheeks and his red eyes .
His blood red eyes , on his reflection falls a tear. The next second Jarl walked back .
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:35 pm

Halvor was thinking. Could they trust Kovu? He wasn't particulary aggresive,
altough he made a somewhat bad first impression. Maybe, very ,very maybe, Kovu could join them... It had benefits:
an extra set of eyes, ears and a nose where always usefull, and Kovu runned fast, very fast.
That could prove very usefull, as Halvor wasn't really fast, in fact he was quite slow, only when after a while,
when momentum started to propel him, he gained an fast pace. No, Halvor's true power where his strenght and sheer mass,
a trait he earned from his father (or so he thinks).

But first he wanted to know Kovu more personaly, and make sure he could trust him.
He closed his eyes again, first, he would sleep.
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:25 pm

Kovu sat with his body upright, analyzing the situation. As Halvor lay asleep yards away, and Jarl seemed to be in deep thought in the opposite direction, Kovu was torn on what to do. He knew there were others. Many, many more; some possibly apart of a pack. He wanted to envision a somewhat bright future for himself, maybe find a wolf out there like him. Heck, maybe he could find himself a mate before he perished on this godforsaken no man’s land. And that seemed a far reach away if he remained with this group. However, these wolves also appeared to have a plan of their own, probably similar to his. Halvor was a much more powerful wolf than he, which could provide usefulness on whatever journey they pursued, considering Kovu’s lack of brute strength. Plus, a free meal was a factor in favor of staying with these wolves. In all, the worst seemed to be over…for now. In a group, survival was much easier. Alone, a little more difficult. But finding a rogue pack out there could change his entire life around. The decision didn’t need to be made this very second, but he had to cut to the chase soon. For now, the others were demobilized and tired, and he figured so should he. He lay on his stomach, chest up. He remained alert, just better comforted, thinking.
Back to top Go down
jaredrion

jaredrion

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:10 am

When Jarl came back it was evening , Jarl looked at Halvor who was stil asleep.
Jarl looked also at Kovu who was just sitting and doing nothing, in Jarls eyes.
He went to Kovu and said : " I think its time to move on. "
Jarl knew the best time to travel long distances on this terrain, he had experience whit this .
After he sad this, he turned around to go to Halvor, to him he said " Halvor its night, time to go. "
He just walked in the same direction they had been going before ,
hoping the others would follow like always. Suddenly he thought about something .
He turned back and said very loud: " There is water over there! " He just said it for two reasons :
first. He knew the way in this land a bit and if they followed him they would find a pack .
secont. He did not want to go until Kovu and Halvor did drink something because he did not want any of them dead .
So he walked to the pool knowing the rest would follow him .

Last edited by jaredrion on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )   The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The scent of a pack. (and pheasants :D )
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Lone/WasteLand Archive-
Jump to: