Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaire911

Flaire911

Number of posts : 15
Pawprints : 41
Registration date : 2012-01-03

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Empty
PostSubject: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ GW405H292

Alone.
Alone, alone alone.

Adena thought the single word over and over again, although it might has well have been screamed at her by another wolf. It had the same effect. Her petite frame moved slowly, elegantly for once. Her cranium raised, ears pointing forth to listen for any other wolves approaching. It wasn't ever so bad for this fae, to be so alone. Although now it's been months since she's ran into another canine, and it was getting to her. A long, high pitched howl erupted the atmosphere. Her tail swished, and she waited. Her vocals have been unused, and were melodic, loud and bold. Feminine. This wasn't any wolf calling out, oh no. Adena wasn't like the typical fae.

With a slight snort, quickly moving on the witty she-wolf decided to passtime by fishing-or at least attempting to. Her small paws, the shade of vanilla cream swished through the waters swiftly at the silver glinting creatures. They matched the shade of her optics. It wouldn't be long until another wolf found her, Adena's light pelt flecked with copper, seeming to capture the sun's rays in her color.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:17 am

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ 3770092652_f6f0317d7e

It had became apparent to him that everyone had someone. Julien sighed, boredom settling in, leaving the mating territory far behind him. He headed north, perhaps headed back to Hamara, or to somewhere new, like a pure pack. He snorted. Him? Having the heart of a pure? The thought of it left a bad taste in his mouth. That was Leto's way of thinking, and he wouldn't have himself go about it that way. Auds pricked at a high-pitched howl, ringing like a rusty bell over the strong winds of the land. His heart dropped - he didn't know why he had been hoping it was the call of someone with a lower voice, perhaps he was thinking too much about things - but his paws turned in the direction anyway. He wasn't bound to any direction in the first place.

It was the call of a lone wolf, feeling lonely. How fitting. Well, that would make them two. He approached on a hillside, watching her fish from the stream down below. Odd, but not unheard of. He walked on the other side of the stream, as to neither interrupt or surprise her; it would be rude to announce himself and cause her to lose her meal. "You look like you're having fun," he said, a small jab at her fishing skills, tail swishing. For some reason, he could never introduce himself properly, no matter where he went. Perhaps that was just his way...
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:14 pm

Suddenly so focused with her fishing, Adena stared into the water. Removing her forepaws from the way of the slippery fish she watched and waited a bit more, before suddenly, with two paws splashing into the water her jaws followed afterwords. Ivories sunk into a scaly silver object, nothing other than a frantically wriggling fish, a trout.

Thrusting her head up in the air in a somewhat victorious motion, she backed away from the stream and quickly put pressure on the fish, leaving it motionless by her golden paws. It seemed like she didn't realize that the brute was near her, but no, she sure did. The fae had howled, she wasn't surprised someone had shown up in result. There were no hostile scents lingering with this brute that approached, therefore she remained content. Steel blue optics met his, and her maw pulled into a friendly smirk. "I guess you could say that," Adena replied. She remained standing, and surveyed the wolf in front of her. His stench was easily recognized to be coming from Mating Grounds. She was curious as to how he ended up here. "Just out of curiosity, what brings you to my call, hm? You can call me Adena, by the way." Her voice had softened a bit, and appeared to give out a quite friendly vibe in general.

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

Julien smirked, watching her catch the trout with ease. He shrugged in response to her question. "Well hello there, Adena. I am Julien. I guess you could say I'm bored," he replied. "But in all honesty, I have no idea. I don't know what I'm doing half the time, you could say. Other than the obvious." He stepped forward and looked into the creek. The fish had fled to his side, continuing to swim and spawn as if nothing had happened. Survival of the fittest, of course. Julien tilted his head. "I never was a fan of fish... I guess it's something you have to grow up with. I always thought it tasted... unpleasant."
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Adena snickered, a friendly, amused noise. She nodded slightly.
"No worries, I'm not going to sit here and question you all day. Sick and tired of that bullshit from other wolves anyway,.." she seemed to slightly trail off, and her silver gaze came back to the trout before her, then looking up at Julien. "So I'd assume you wouldn't like it either." Adena added, with a slight sigh as she drifted to think, though quickly regained reality.
"I sometimes find myself in the same predicament, though." she smirked, this time at herself. With the brute's comment about the fish she had snagged, the golden wolf trailed her gaze back down to the fish.
"Well then I'll assume you're right, because I find them quite delectable." she replied, bending down to tear at the thin, slimy flesh. She wasn't a picky wolf when it came to food anyway.
Chewing and swallowing a good portion of her catch, she looked up to Julien once more. He intrigued her, in all honesty, although she wouldn't be likely to admit it.

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:43 pm

"Good to see we're on the same page," Julien replied, sitting back on his haunches. He watched her eat the fish, though he had no interest in eating it himself, and hid his dislike of the smell. He could tell that she was a newcomer to the lands of Fire and Ice, but not because of her fishing skill. It was uncommon, but he had no doubt that some of the wolves from the farther north had to rely on fishing skills in order to get their meals. He wondered if she was from the north - actually, he wondered where she was from, period. She held no scent of the surrounding packs, nor any of the rogue clans roaming the barren wasteland. "So," he said, growing ever more curious of this 'Adena'. "What brings you here?"

He spoke with ease. There was no rush for him to be anywhere, and if anyone was waiting on him, they would have to realize that he was not one to be relied on. Hopefully, Dyrim and Stark and possibly even Sephiroth didn't plan on his return anytime soon. He watched Adena with curious blue eyes, wondering what would come next out of the fae's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:56 pm

Tearing at the fish until it was visibly, virtually, stripped of it's meat, Adena tossed what was left into the stream, turning to lap up a bit of water. Then, sitting back on her haunches she appeared rather relaxed.
"Here? I know one thing is for certain I won't stay here long.
Many claim I have the attention span of a squirrel, it doesn't take long for things to loose my interest. I was a born traveler, and that is what I will forever be, as far as I'm concerned."
she stated simply, as if had been asked the same question a million times over, previously.
Even being focused with her conversation, her ears still swiveled about, tail flicking, the occasional straying silver glance. Adena was always on the lookout.
"Yourself?" she asked in turn, dipping her light copper muzzle towards the male. As the sun began to set, shadows grew long. Minding it, Adena wasn't about to get up and scurry off just yet. Time had never been a priority for this fae.
So far, Julien had certainly, fully grasped her attention.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

Well, now that seemed to be two things they had in common. He chuckled, shaking his head at the irony of it. "I come from southwest of here. A place called the White Cliffs. My brother Leto is wandering around here somewhere..." he shrugged, tracing her gaze. The sun was indeed setting, the sky tinging purple, stars peeking out. He also noticed her alertness. "But he and I don't talk, if you know what I mean. Anyways, it's getting dark. And, well, I'm not any rush to get anywhere. You could say I'm the epitome of a wanderer. Would you care to find a place for the night?"
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:29 am

Intently, Adena listened to what he had said. "Hm, White Cliffs. Heard of it, never been." she muttered, almost to herself.
She conteplated on the idea, looking around again.
The golden she-wolf was considerably smaller than Julien. With a small yawn, she nodded, standing up off of her haunches.
"This is my first night in this particular area, anyway. Might as well get a head start on it, right?"
a slight wolfy smile brightened her steely eyes.
As she walked past Julien, she flicked her tail to motion for him to follow.
Now, her attention turned to the forest. Her vision raked across what was before her.
Even though this part of the woods was virtually undiscovered by Adena, she already had a good idea of where a decent den would be located.
Shifting her muzzle upwards, she took in the scents for a bit more guidance, then glanced over at the brute.
"Got anything in mind?" she called back casually, figuring it'd be easier to travel to an already known den.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Julien shrugged again. "Somewhere that will fit the both of us, preferably," he replied with a sly smile, watching her flick her tail. If he hadn't sated his hunger earlier... Well, it was a damn good thing he did, even if it had been with some mute, virgin fae that hadn't bothered to drop her name. He had been thinking of someone else the entire time anyway, so what did it matter? He brushed his thoughts away with a wag of his tail. "Let's get looking," he said, moving past her golden form. She was smaller than he, but when they stood shoulder-to-shoulder, it was not by much; Julien was small himself, and as he began to roam the forest, they resembled a pair of coyotes than a pair of wolves.

The sun took long to set, drowning the forest in a deep orange color, the sun's rays setting it aflame. But then night fell, the crickets emerging from their slumber and the fireflies taking to the air. Julien followed the small creek that Adena had caught her trout in, glancing over his shoulder at her, cobalt eyes glowing in the dark. He then turned his attention ahead of him. "There should be something around here," he said, glancing at the few rabbits that fled at the sight of them. On a whim, he swung to the left, and caught the an old scent of a pair of wolves. It smelled mildly familiar, but it was obvious that they hadn't walked down this trail in a very long time. He followed it and came upon a medium-sized den; it would be enough for the two of them, but if they wanted to fit comfortably, they would have to sleep beside one another. There was no room for one of them to sleep on one side of the den and the other to sleep on the other side. He paused, turning to his new companion. "Something is better than nothing, in my opinion. What do you think?" he asked, not knowing how tired she was. She was an outsider, new to the lands, and he guessed that she must have traveled very far to reach where they were now. "We can keep looking if you don't think you'll be comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

The golden fae let out a slight sigh. She had been in the area several days, just crossing the border from the 'no-lands', as the local Fire and Ice wolves called it. Most of this was new to her, the packs and all and in reality, she didn't care much to know of it. Her scent was a faint one, warm and exotic to this area, and unique to Adena. The sappy trees in her previous forest had stuck with her. Adena traveled many miles every day and yes, it was hard work and rather tiring, but after doing it all her life she had grown accustom to being utterly exhausted. She loped alongside Julien until they came to a small den. It would, no doubt fit the two yet it would be a bit snug. Skeptical of the situation she may be putting herself in, Adena decided it wouldn't be much of a problem. "I guess this'll work." she murmured, swiveling her ears around to listen to wings flap, probably belonging to a bat, or maybe even an early owl, since the sun was almost set. Dusk, Adena's favorite time of night. She had the urge to yawn again, but managed not to, giving Julien a questioning look, before moving forwards and inspecting the den he had suggested. She knew that there would be a lot of ground she'd want to cover tomorrow, it'd be best to be rested.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 pm

She walked past him, inspecting the den that he had found. Her sweet scent filled his nares, smelling like a woods that he had never been too, and it made him ever more curious of where she had come from. It was purely his curiosity that was leading him on now, for Adena was unlike any other fem he had ever met, from what he could tell so far. So, it only made sense by now to ask. "You smell different from other newcomers. Where are you from?" He came up beside her, pawing at the entrance of the den. The earth was soft, and would provide good bedding. "And if I may ask, where are you heading? It seems that you've come a long way for just a vacation."
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:00 pm

Adena let out a small sigh, then breathed in the scents of the den. They were very faint, although as expected this den had been used by several other wolves in the past. She then walked in, turning around to face the entrance of the small den, and laid down. Sliver optics looked back to Julien, listening as he questioned where she originally came from, and where she was headed. "You smell the maple, hm?" she smirked. Adena had noticed there weren't many at all, especially in this loner area. Whereas, where she came from, there was barely a sign of another species of tree aside from Maples. "I come from a place not very much known to anyone here, in Fire and Ice. Silver Maple Hills. They call it that, because of the luscious green rolling hills, and the rain that never seems to stop. From a distance, it makes the forest seem almost a blurred metallic; silver." she explained a bit more in depth than before. Adena had traveled so much since even her whelp days, she never really had what she called a home. The Hills just so happened to be her favorite place. "Where I'm going? Ha, in all honesty you have just as good of an answer as I." she said, stretching her forelegs out in front of her, and placing her head over them, muzzle tilted in the brute's direction.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Julien smirked. "I do," he said, inhaling the sweet scent again, tassel waving. He listened to her talk of the Silver Maple Hills, her equally silver eyes seeming to match the description of the place. "It sounds like a very beautiful place. I assume that it has beautiful fems as well?" He posed the statement as a question; she could either concede to it, or ignore it. Neither mattered to him. She was a fairly attractive fae, beyond physical features, and he didn't doubt that the place she hailed had attractive females as well. He moved in the place beside her, their small frames fitting together like puzzle pieces. It gave him enough room to shrug once more. "Well, most don't go wandering out of their homelands for no reason. As said, you've come a long way for a vacation."

He tucked one leg underneath him and his other laid stretched out, his form angled so he was able to turn his entire face towards her in conversation. "Oh, and I do hope you're comfortable. You are, aren't you? If not, we could always find somewhere else," he asked, glancing outside. There was still enough sunlight for them to move if it was necessary...
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

[Sorry for the late reply!]

The golden fae sprawled out, placing her muzzle set sideways acrossed her forepaws. Shining silver optics studied Julien, one ear towards him and listening, the other pointed back towards the entrance, and beyond. A small smile came across her maw, barely noticeable as he spoke. As the sun seemed to disappear, the sky became dark. So dark, that she could barely make out the brute's gray figure. A rush of air burst in through the tiny den, the warmth of the suni no longer there to warm the earth. "Hah, you would like to assume that I'm sure. There's actually very few wolves about, and even less packs." she decided to throw aside the fact that he was reffering, as it seemed, to her, though she did take it as a compliment. The smile remaining on her maw was a sign of that. "A vacation? More so, a spontaneous journey." she replied. "If I wasn't comfortable, you'd already would have known. Heh, don't worry about it." she smirked.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:42 pm

He caught the smile on her face, however brief. He raised a brow, his curiosity growing with every word she spoke. "Well, just because there aren't many wolves or packs doesn't mean their fems aren't attractive. I mean, you came from there, so I can only assume," he said, blue eyes finding her silver ones. He paused, musing on what she said about a journey. How interesting. "Then I suppose your 'journey' is just a long vacation then? Because last I checked, when most set out on a journey, they have a set destination in mind. I mean, you've said that you're not sure where you're going, so..." He trailed off. Julien wanted to know more about her, but the right words weren't coming to him. "But I guess that's what makes us alike, doesn't it?"

His tail thumped on the ground behind him and he stretched out his other leg, laying his head upon his paws, tilting his head ever-so-slightly so he could see her out of the corner of his eye. "Well, to make things different, I'm probably going to head to one of the packs around here in the morning," he said and closed his eyes. He was tempted to offer her a chance to follow, but it was just that he wasn't sure about - if she was interested, she would follow, and if she wasn't... Sucker love was known to swing.
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Auds now fully focused on Julien, there wasn't even a sense about this fae that was tired or worn. She was bright, interested-engaged. She studied the brute's silhouette. Another small smile, strung to her maw. "You've got a point I assume. Attractive, you think? You say that they're like me in that way, but if every fae was then there'd be endless amounts of orange pelted traveling little souls running aimlessly." she described briefly, in a sense what she thought of herself."Think about it. I'm happy to say that no they aren't anything like me, that would cause such a downfall on wolf society." she smirked, thinking about any of the faes she had seen. They weren't anything like her, but it was a funny thought to think they were. Not in the sense that she stood out in a good way, more of a neutral standpoint. She listened to what he said next, and quickly replied. "A destination? I have checkpoints, not so much destinations. Possibly a goal, that I'm not really sure of quite yet." she murmured, then thinking about what she said after it was spoken. "That's true." Adena had never met a wolf quite like him, it was interesting. "A pack? To join, or to visit? Or.. to cause some chaos." she said jokingly, with a short laugh at the end.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 am

Though the mistress of sleep was slowly pulling him in, Julien heard Adena's words and chuckled. "I don't think that 'endless amounts of orange-pelted little souls running aimlessly', as you put it, would be such a bad idea. Orange happens to be one of my favorite colors," he said, his eyes staying closed. "As for the pack... Well, I'm not quite sure which one I'll check out next. I've already paid my... temporary residence, you could say, in two of them. Hamara Sydan and Muerta Mountains... Two rather... different packs, but I like to have some flavor in life. Otherwise, it gets incredibly boring. It's what brought me here, afterall."

But was it really what brought him here? Or was it something else? Julien snorted to himself. Fate sure had a funny way of happening to him. Regardless, he wasn't going to think about it. It was all too much to think about, and even if he was wide awake, he wouldn't have thought about it either. Once again, that was Leto's way of thinking... And he didn't like the idea of turning into his brother.
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Adena smirked at his comments. To be honest, this was the most interesting conversation she'd had in a while. Most other wolves would try to ambush a pointless attack, only to find the lone golden fae wasn't really worth it. Or, they'd be too shy and reserved to spark up conversation with anything interesting. "Well, thanks, I suppose?" she didn't really know how to reply at his remark. She noticed him tiring, though heard him out before saying anything about it. She thought over his words swiftly, not drowsy whatsoever. "Ah, sounds interesting. Were these encounters brought on with a positive purpose, or did you simply nose around and move along? Hah, flavor in life. Nicely put my friend." sometimes, the way Adena spoke was almost in a masculine manner, although herself being very much feminine, and her tone still bold and sweet. "If you are, tired, just let me know and I'll allow you to sleep-shut my maw for once. Hah, I can be a bit overwhelming to most, at least at first." she added, noticing he took long blinks, with an exhausted expression.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:57 pm

A laugh escaped Julien's maw. "Overwhelming? If you were overwhelming, I'd have turn tail by now," he chuckled, the thought of many faes he had met prior rising from his memory. "But I don't mind talking for a little while longer. You see, I came to Fire and Ice with my brother, Leto, as adventurers. We discovered that we had... different interests. He went one way, I went the other. While I do enjoy my time as a lone wolf, it gets... Well, I'm sure I've said in many times already, but it gets boring. So, yes, I went nosing around the packs. I've considered going back to Muerta, but I haven't quite decided." His blue eyes shifted towards her form, dusted gold in the moonlight. She wasn't... quite what he had expected, in terms of the thoughts running through his mind, but it was not unwelcome. He wondered what Winter would think... Only one way to find out, afterall.
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Adena pulled her head up, sniffing outside the den. Silence, no new scents. She continued to do this occasionally, just to be sure. With keen sight her night vision reached the maximum of it's abilities, she scoped around the entrance, lively silver liquid pools glancing back to Julien.
"Muerta Mountains? Hm, I've heard of it." she replied, backtracking in her mind to find where she picked up the information. An elder lone fae had directed her towards there, though she was speaking mostly jibberish and stated some rather outlandish things in the same sentence-Adena thought nothing of it, and continued on the own route she created by herself.
She didn't state much more of her relatives or past aside from where she was from. She didn't like others to know anything more than that until they gained her full trust. After all, it was likely this brute would leave her by morning, by the sound of it.
The thought of Julien leaving was one she pushed to the back of her head, and for once in a small while she'd be a bit sad to see him go off on his way, and herself on her own. However, Adena wasn't the kind of female to be dependent, and surely not insecure. She would find her way to someone else, and listen to their stories-gain knowledge, and move on along. This was how it often went for her.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 pm

Julien lifted his head. "You see those mountains over there?" he asked, pointing with his nose through the trees. The mountains were still many miles off, but one could see their snow-capped peaks and sharp points silhouetted against the moon. "That's Muerta, home to the darkest wolves in this country... If you're one of those kinds of wolves. You know, the kind that feel they need to categorize the way they live their lives... Between the dark, the light, and even the twilight. I find that I don't fall any which way into those. I guess you could say it's just one more reason I'm all the way out here, in the Lone Lands."

Even though Julien cared none for the way a wolf aligned themselves, he couldn't help but curious as to which path Adena walked. He cleared his throat. "But, if you are one of those wolves, I don't have a problem. If anything, if you're looking for a pack to suit your needs, I'd be able to help you there by showing you to one," he said quickly, hoping he hadn't dissuaded her from his company. Perhaps it was a curse of being tired. He wasn't sure, but he liked Adena's presence. It was almost as if he were looking at sun-hued, female version of himself.
Back to top Go down
Flaire911

Flaire911

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:18 pm

The golden fae narrowed her glare into the darkness, making out the outline of the mountains Julien spoke of. She nodded slightly, wondering about these devilish wolves as he spoke of them. "Ah, I see. Those kinds of wolves seem to make up the majority of the population I encounter, unfortunately."
she murmured, then smirked. "In all honesty, I'm surprised you would ask. I didn't think I'd seem like one of those merciless, demon-like wolves." she teased him gently, flicking her tail back and forth.
It was rather late now, towards the middle of the night. Adena was growing tired. With a small yawn, she stretched her paws out before her, short onyx talons scraping a bit at the earth. For a few moments she closed her eyes, breathing in the deep scent of night. In the distance an owl made its soft call, and the wind picked up again, violently twirling in miniature tornadoes.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 am

Julien chuckled, but it turned into a yawn halfway through. "My apologies, then," he said. "Too many times has a woman crossed my path with underlying intentions I can't see. I may be cursed with second sight, but when it comes to some... I'm blinded, really. It happens for most of the women I fall for, anyways... But I think at this hour, my judgment is off. I, for one, need sleep. Goodnight, Adena." He laid his head down on his paws, succumbing to the mistress of sleep. He had wanted to fall asleep many hours ago, but it was the conversation with the gold fem beside him that had kept him awake. He could only hope that they would continue their conversation in the morning...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:00 pm

OOC: Well... I'm moving Julien out of here. Message me if you'd like him to come back/meet up at a pack/etc :]

Warm rays of sunlight and twittering songbirds woke him at dawn. Julien moaned, feeling warmer than he had in months, and lifted his head, shaking off sleep. He yawned, pink tongue lolling out of his mouth. He turned to his side, expecting to find Adena, but there, she was not. He sighed, ears folding - Well, there goes another one, he thought in disappointment. He tilted his nose to the ground, hoping to pick up her scent, but there was none. She was like a ghost, untraceable, or cleverly covering her tracks. He frowned - though he hadn't admitted it at the time, he had grown fond of her, and for more than just her looks. It seemed that Adena, much like other faes, would now remain only in his memory...

He stood up and strode through the small forest on the edge of the Lone Lands, not far from the mating territory he had wandered the previous winter. All around him, flowers spread their petals and rabbits skittered in the bushes. The world had turned to spring before he had even realized it. Thankfully now, though, the hunger within him had settled. At the same time, though, it felt as though something was missing. What it was, though, he couldn't quite place his paw on, for this wasn't a new feeling. It was one he had felt since before he had come to Fire and Ice, before he had even left his pack and Leto at the White Cliffs...

Where would he go from here? He knew he could return to Muerta, see what mischief Stark and Penilla were up to, and even see if Winter had returned from whatever realm she disappeared to... And then there was Dyrim. The last he had seen of her, he had left her with Sephiroth, and if his bearings were correct, they were not very far from where he stood now. Julien held zero interest for taking back Hamara - that was pack work - but if there was one thing he had understood, it was that Dyrim was his friend. He still wasn't sure if she trusted him, but... it was worth a shot, especially if it meant patching up the hole in his heart once more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~   Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Words are only painted fire; a look is the fire itself~
Page 1 of 1