Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody desert. [Open]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hendaron

Number of posts : 471
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:12 pm

Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Mine

Congen scratched his back. Where would he go? The mountians? That could fit perfectly... Mountians meant a cold climate, one where he was more suited to. Where could she be from? Was she maybe a loner? And why was she here? All questions that would have to be answered. But not all now, some people didn't like to talk about their past... He was one of them.

"Where to go? Maybe the mountians, I don't know yet...Where do you come from? And don't tell me you live in...this... place." He yawned. He was becoming a bit drowsy. "Just asking, have you seen or heard of a large male by the name of Bhaal?" He dared to hope somebody had seen him or talked about him.
"He is bigger than your average-sized wolf, and probably stronger. I am looking for him for a long time."

Then he regretted asking her of his brother. Knewing Bhaal ,it could be perfectly able that he killed one off her known and loved. Without restraints, Bhaal was one crazy killer. Congen's father had been wise to chase Bhaal off while he still could, later on it could be perfectly possible that Bhaal had upsurped the leadership.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Minx10

The mountains perhaps? Dark heart indeed he would need for joining Akira's band. Her ebony thorn flicked an ear and she looked at him with gold eyes and gave a soft sigh. "Where do I come from?" she repeated and laughed lightly. "I come from a pack that resides outside the lands of fire and ice. A dark pack." She said. "But to tell you the truth...not that you seem you want to believe it....this...these lands are my home. I am a loner." she said flicking her tassel.

Then his next question came of a wolf called Bhaal. She shook her head. "No. I have never heard of a wolf by that calling. What does he look like?" she asked knowing he said that he was larger than the average wolf, but pelt color? Eye color? Any characteristics that might make him stand out other than his size? "Looking for him for a long time eh?" she said and groomed her paw once, twice more, as her belly curled anxiously around the food that filled it. "Is he family of yours? Or are you seeking revenge? "She asked openly. Revenge...such a good motivater.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

Pawprints : 867

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Artic

Revenge? No he didn't wanted any revenge on Bhaal. He needed Bhaal's help for seeking the revenge he sought. "He has a completly black pelt, and is eyes look like dark pools, they are a very deep brown."
He paused.
" He's family, to be more specificaly, my brother. Anyway, I think I should go to those Muerta Mountians, I think they have an less hostile climate towards me."

"So how will we go, and when? I don't now the right times to travel or even the way, so I think its you who will decide the pace and the route." He yawned again. He was getting a little sleepy. "Maybe at the mountians somebody will have seen him..." he said, more agianst himself than against her.

He looked up, piercing the night-sky once more, knewing somewhere, Bhaal must be doing the same.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Minx nodded as he told her what his brother looked like. "No I am afraid I don't know of him Congen." She said and flicked her tail. "There are plenty of black wolves but none that I know that matches your description." Then he chose. The mountains...Muerta to be exact. A laugh couldn't help but come to her lips as he decided so logically that they would have a less hostile climate toward him.

"You don't know Muerta." She commented and then with a chuckle to her lips she stood and shook out her pelt. "But if your heart is as black as the night then that is the place for you Congen." She said noting his yawn. "Come..." She said. "The night is the best time to travel but you look as if you need at least another day's rest." She said not trying to call him weak but stating the obvious. "There is a small den at the end of the oasis." She said and turned her footsteps silently on the sand and padded forth, chocolate tail swaying gently with every footfall.

The oasis was small but there was indeed a small den big enough though to fit at least a couple wolven. She carefully went in first to look around and scent the area for snakes, scorpions, and other unwanted guests. It was empty at the moment and she backed out of it. "Nights get a bit chilly so in there will be comfortable." She motioned to him. Minx herself had other plans for the evening. She knew of some wild pigs in the area. They should be coming to drink and a nice breakfast they would make for tomorrow and the traveling ahead.

She looked back at Congen and sat on dark haunches and cast her eyes up to the stars and then returned her yellow gaze to Congen.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

She offered him a rest. Good. He was indeed getting a bit sleepy, and some rest would do him good. He followed her to the den, and laid himself
down there. It was offering a cool shadow, without getting too cold. While he was slipping into the caring arms of the deep, dreamless sleep, he was overthinking many things. His brother, everything that had happened today, his fur and of course Mynx.

Mynx. She had something around her, that made him feel different. She was strange, and he still didn't completly understand how she had freely chosen by herself to live here. Another thing he also didn't understand was that her heart lied in " a darker shade of gray" , and why did she helped him? He still didn't understanded eveything he wanted to, and he also realised how little he actually knew about her. Then the sleep got hold of him and his world darkened.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Minx watched him slip into the darkness of the den and stretched out her front paws in front of her and lay down. She relaxed in the quickly cooling temperatures until she heard the steady sound of breathing coming from the den. Congen was asleep. She rose on ebony pillars and trotted silently through the scrub. Keeping to the shadows as the moon lit up the sand a bright white, almost like snow. Keeping downwind she circled around the pool and then twitched her black nose scenting the air.

A hare could be seen in the moonlight at the pool nervously getting a drink. Ears flicking this way and that it still smelled the wolves scent from earlier....wolves and blood from the hare Minx had killed. A snap of undergrowth and the hare bolted. But it wasn't Minx who made the noise. Yellow eyes watched carefully as the scrub parted and a small family of desert pigs milled at it's edges. A smile crept upon her lips and she lifted herself lightly on her paws and crept a few steps closer. The pigs were nervous. Not an easy prey to catch at all either, keen of scent and strong of jaws. Their body was like one big muscle...plus the sow's would protect their piglets...a challange. They smelled the scent of wolves around the pool, but the need to drink was greater than their fear.

The lead sow came first tail high in the air and weary. When nothing came rushing she cautiously went to the pool. The hare had returned to drink more as well. Then one by one the rest of the pigs came out. A total of six all together. A large sow, a boar, and their four piglets, all good sized. Minx had carefully stalked to the edge of the scrub, putting any feline to shame. The smallest of the pigs was the closest to her. Perfect.

She rushed without a sound and the hare seeing her first bolted which caused the pigs to bolt a second later. Minx hot on their heels the little pig stumbled. Luck was on her side and she sunk her ivories into it's thick muscled skin. Jaws closed about it's neck as it thrashed and screamed up to high heaven. Her hold wasn't as good as she had hoped to totally close off the airway so the piglet couldn't call it's mother. Too late.

The sow charged back and saw Minx with a death grip on her child. She charged and Minx tried to dance away. She wasn't going to loose her prize. The sow slashed a small gash in her shoulder. Minx backed up keeping the piglet inbetween herself and the sow. Loud and noisy this killing was. Her feet hit the pool and she had an idea. She pulled the piglet into the water with her. She would drown the damn thing and then she could defend herself against it's mother. The sow however wouldn't enter the water and soon as it's childs screams became gurgles and then were silenced she turned tail and ran for her own life.

Minx dropped the piglet now dead. She would have prefered a quicker kill. She growled and then looked at the gash on her shoulder giving it a couple quick swipes with her tongue. Picking up her prize she left the water. The piglet was going to be a decent meal for two wolves. Belly's would be full and they could sleep through the day and then travel under the light of the moon for Muerta.

She wouldn't be surprized if Congen had been awakened by the screaming of the pigs. But he had needed his rest if he was going to travel. Soon the small den came into view and she dropped the pig with a heavy thud. She shook her pelt out sending water droplets in all directions and checked her shoulder once more. She would survive. She flicked an ear to the den to see if Congen had woken and then bent to tear open the belly of her meal. She would sleep with a full belly tonight.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm

Congen startled when he hearded the sudden noise of a screaming pig. Mynx? He looked around him, but couldn't see her. Maybe she went on a hunt. Or maybe she needed help. Congen got up,only to freeze when he heard somebody aproaching the den. It could be Mynx. But it could also be an angry boar. Congen quickly slipped back into the back of the den. He had hunted boars before, even larger beasts.

The only problem was, with such large opponents, you couldn't kill them quickly, you would have them bleed from a dozen of smaller wounds, but for doing that he needed space. He quickly planned: he would jump out, tear a gash in the opponents flank, and run outside to have more fighting space.

Just when he wanted to jump, Mynx came in, and dropped a small pig . He instantly relaxed his muscles, and walked out of the shadows. "What happened? And why are you wounded?" A small gash could been seen on her shoulder. Had she gone out hunting on pigs? Alone? Why hadn't she waked him? All these questions buzzed through his head, each fighting for his attention, so all he could bring out was "Are you alright?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:25 pm

Minx looked up at Congen and blinked her yellow eyes. "I am fine Congen." She said surprised at his sudden concern. "It's not that bad meerly a scratch." She said and flicked her tail. Desert pigs weren't as big as forest boars. They were smaller animal. Max weight on the adults is only about 60 pounds. She flicked her ears forward. "I was hoping to have a nice breakfast and then sleep during the day tomorrow so we would be travel ready Congen. I have hunted pigs before this is just a baby and it's mother just decided to give me a parting gift. I am fine..." She said. "Really."

She was surprised at his concern and blinked her yellow eyes. "I should have told you before I left but I thought you needed the rest more." she found herself saying trying to calm him. She sat down on dark haunches and wondered again at his concern. She blinked her eyes. "I am okay Congen." She said again confirming and turned her shoulder to him. "It's just a scratch....See?"
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Congen sighed, more like pushed the air out, when he heard her answers. He didn't wanted too sound so concerned, it was just... too much. He let his hunger, that had came up again, take grip and walked up to the pig. "It's just...your my only way out here, no wait your more, I mean... I don't only see you as a way out, but..."

Congen kept stumbling over his tongue, he didn't knew what to say. He didn't wanted to sound ungratefull, she had saved his life after all.
He grunted. "Aargh, you know it's just..."He sighed"I don't know, normally I am not so concerned about others, not even about my brother. I amjust glad you are okay."

Then he bent forward and started eating the pig. Inside, his mind was warring with his emotions.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Minx heard his sigh and flicked her ears forward. He seemed...flustered. His answers came quickly and her ears flicked to the sides as he told her that she was his only way out. "I see..' she said softly looking at him with golden eyes for a long moment. "I understand.." she said not quite cooly but not warmly either. She gave a nod and watched him bend to the young pig and rip open the succulant flesh.

What did she expect.... a friend? She chided herself. She had been alone, save for her time with her aunt and that chaos of a gathering. None were friends...her aunt was family. It didn't count. She gave a soft sigh and closed her eyes for a moment and looked to the moon. She felt the tug of her twin in her heart. She missed her though she knew they couldn't be together. They were too different. Picking up herself on coal colored paws she went to the other end of the piglet and bent her maw.

Ivories slicing through tender sweet flesh. The piglet had been ripe for the taking and as she ate in silence fililng her belly full she wondered again if this bru just saw her as a way out of the lone lands into a territory less hostile than the desert. And if his gladness was just relief that his guide wasn't running with the wind now. She flicked an ear again and then sat back once her belly was full.

She then moved a few paces and began to dig a hole for the carcass and then would later cover it with scrub after Congen was finished eating, to hide it from buzzards. Hopefully they would get another meal out of it before the flock of flying scavangers came. She gave a yawn and then stood and shook out her dark hued pelt. "When you are finished. If you would drag it to that hole and cover it with scrub." She said then padded to the den. "It will get colder yet tonight...we can share the den." She said as she slipped into it's darkness and curled up in the back corner with a heavy sigh and blinked her yellow eyes sleepily.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Inside, Congen snapped at himself. Idiot, what did you do! Somehow he sensed Mynx was ,one way or another, dissapointed by his answers. He finoshed his meal and started dragging the pig towards the hole she had dug. The pig wasn't very heavy, so dragging it to a hole several metres further wasn't an hard job. With joy, he sensed his strenght had come back completly, and he quickly threw the pig in the hole. Then he covered it with the scrubbs as she said.

He glanced at her, she had curled herself up in the corner of the den. "I'll come soon, I'm a bit thirsty." Then he quickly dissapeared outside.
While he was quenchening his thirst, he was pondering over everything that happened. Did he wanted to join a pack in fact?

His thinking was disturbed by the sound of hooves on dry twigs at the other side of the pool. It was the only warning he needed. He jumped to the left, dodging the unknown attacker just. He turned and saw it was the sow whose piglet it had been Mynx killed. Was she looking for her young? Or for revenge? A smile was forming on his lips. He was frustrated now, and other animals always had helped him with his "anger managment issues".

The sow saw his smile as a mocking towards her, and charged again, head low. Congen easily dodged her brutal attack ,and lashed out by himself,
tearing a long gash in her right. The sow quickly turned to attack anew, only to find Congen at her other side. He lashe out again, and again, each time perfectly dodging her attacks before wounding her again. This was his way of a fight, a deadly dance with an stronger but slower opponent.

At the end the sow stood shaking on her legs, bleeding out of many wounds. He readied for the killing blow, jumped for her neck, and teared an gash in her throat. The sow fell, making a squeky noise before the life faded out her eyes. He noticed he was panting. "Stupid Congen, you let your condition fall away" He said against himself. He turned and walke for the den. he just hoped he didn't waked Mynx. And he feared he would have to explain why there was a dead sow in front of the den
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Minx opened her eyes at the sound of his approach. Living in these harsh lands one didn't often sleep lightly. She arched a brow and gave him a nod with another yawn and tucked her nose under her tail. "Okay." She answered softly. Her full belly creating warmth which seemed to seep into every bone in her body. She listened as Congen padded away and she let her eyes close and she relaxed further.

Her breathing evened out and she let herself fall deeper into sleep. Congen was there. He would wake her if there was danger....she said silently to herself and then was consumed by the darkness of her dreams.

......darkness...then a spot of light....She walked toward it and heard the tinkling of a chain. A chain? She sniffed it's cold metallic length and tried to dance away from it but it was attached to her chest, imbedded into the fur. She whimpered and then looked up the length of the chain as it dissapeared into the light. A wolf stood there...it was Jinx. Her tail swaying lightly as she beckoned her to come. As Jinx moved further into the light Minx was pulled toward it, the chain connecting the two. She set her paws and she felt her grandfather's teeth gripping into her scruff roughly. "No stop..." She said feeling the crimson run down her shoulders as her grandfather pulled harder back into the blackest dark. "Wait...Jinx!' she called and heard a squeal....a...squeal...? She didn't like the light but when she looked back at the pitch black dark she saw glowing eyes of a pack and the flashing of fangs. Ungrateful....she heard them whisper...WEAK...betrayer....

Minx shifted in her sleep, the bad dream consuming her. Her muzzle twitched and a soft whine emmited from her maw. She heard a thud outside the den and her golden eyes shot open nose twitching but the den mouth was blocked by Congen slipping inside. She smelled pig blood...did he go back and eat more? She wondered. "Everything ok?" She asked sleepily swearing he could hear the pounding of her heart from the nightmare. She took a deep breath and then lay her head upon her paws almost afraid to close her eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:12 am

"As far you can call an aggresive sow ok, then I think I'm fine." He stood shaking on his legs. Now the addrenaline of the fight was fading from his system, he could feel he actually was exhausted. It had been way to long ago he had a proper fight, he was out of shape! "But really, everything is fine now, she is killed." Inside he laughed. Was it good she was killed? Sometimes he even amazed himself. He glanced at his own body. No scratch. As always.

He noticed she breathed quite fast and that her heart was pounding heavily. Had the soinds of the fight scared her awake? He didn't had seen her as a faint hearted.

"But she isn't hided, so I think the scavengers will have eaten most of her against tomorrow. Waste of good meat, if you ask me." Then he slipped to her side and laid him down close to her. He could feel the warmth of her body where they touched. He yawned .
He laid his head on his paws, and closed his eyes. He hoped she didn't had noticed he had stood shaking on his legs.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 am

Minx swiveled an ear at Congen. An angry sow? She watched his legs tremble. Would he be ready for travel come the following evening? But she held her tounge. He said he was fine she would believe him. Plus she couldn't smell the metallic tang of wolf blood upon him. He had no open wounds at least. "Well it's not wasted as long as something eats it right?" she said and yawned again as he slipped inside the den and pressed against her. She chuckled trying to make light of the situation. "Perhaps there will be enough for us to eat tomorrow? If not we still have the leftover piglet."

The darkness of the dream was still thick in her veins and she exhaled slowly. She lay her head back down and wierdly enough Congen's warmth comforted her in a way and her eyelids fell and she slept a deep dreamless sleep.

The morning birds were singing....well not exactly....she could hear the crows cawing and squabbling outside then den. She sighed and then yawned blinking her golden eyes open. She would glance over to Congen and then slip outside into the new dawn. There was a murder of crows and even a few buzzards had landed trying to open the belly of the beast. She wrinkled her nose and sneezed at them. Lesser predators had been around too...she could smell fox. Shaking out her pelt she trotted for the pool and bent her muzzle to drink deeply. Today would be a day of rest, lounging, eating, drinking....tonight they would move.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Congen opened an eye. Mynx had left the den, or so he supposed. He was considering to stand up, but decided to sleep for a few hours or more. While ha was slipping back into the darkness he thought he hearde crows.

Dark pools were looking at him. "Bhaal?" The black wolf turned and started to fade into the forest. "No stay, I need you!" He runned after him, but everytime he got close, Bhaal faded from view agian. Then he came upon an open space. Upon looking around he saw many wolves.

Left stood his mother, Icetorn, she didn't judged him worth even a look. Next to her stood his dead father, Glacier, who wisphered "Murderer", blood gashing out his throat. He was followed by Laissira, the femme that had mated out of the pack, and from whom he had chased away her pups. "Monster" was all she said. She was followed by the other wolves of the pack who all reminded him of his past. "Bloodmonger. Deamon. Killer." all insults where, one way or another, true. He turned and runned ,runned like he had never before, and wrestled with the darkness that threatened to consume him .

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:08 am

Minx looked at her reflection in the pool for a long moment and then waded into the cool water. It felt good to lounge in the water. The morning was tepid, a promise of a hot day to come. She again drank deeply from the pool and then stood after a pause and left from the water. Her wet cold would provide nice coolness in the dark of the den during the heat of the day. She shook out her pelt. Water slicing and throwing droplets onto the dry sand.

She was still surprised that the dead sow lay there. She hadn't heard any of the struggle....that...bothered her in a way. It was a pity the sow couldn't let go...she sealed her fate because of it. She skirted the carcass and slipped into the den. Congen was still there...asleep as it was.

She moved back to her spot that she had vacated and lay back down with a sigh. Congen seemed to be dreaming as well and she flicked an ear as her wet coat pressed against his dry one.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:37 am

When Congen opened his eyes, it was night. He could tell because it was silent outside, and there was no sunlight falling into the den. He yawned, driving away the last clouds of his awfull dream, and stood up. Mynx had told the best time to travel was at night. Congen feeled good,his belly was full, he had no thirst, and was completly refreshed by his sleep.

But that dream...He wouldn't rather not think of it. Most of the times he slept a dreamless sleep, but sometimes nightmares such as these had came up. It was almost always the same. Bhaal, or his father, or someone else he knew, lured him towards an open space in an forest, so that the rest could act out their petty revenge on him, by naming all his past crimes. But he didn't saw themas crimes, only as things he did have to do, why could nobody understand him?

He glanced towards Mynx, who had laid at his side. She still appeared t be asleep. He bent towards her, and gently touched her forehead with his nose.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 am

Minx was laying next to Congen, pelt now dry, with night kissing the sky. She had fallen asleep again as soon as she had settled next to Congen's laying form. Curiously secure and slept deeply and dreamless. Keen ebony thorns did however pick up a shift in Congen's breathing and she was awakening slowly when she felt his nose gently press against her forehead and her golden eyes opened and looked at him. "Is...everything alright Congen?" she asked blinking golden eyes at him. She had been surprised by the unexpected touch...it almost seemed affectionate...no...it couldn't be. He must have just been trying to wake her.

The last time she remembered being touched like that was by her own sister, Jinx. Grandfather certainly never showed affection that way. She gave a yawn and looked at him curiously. Why had he done that?...she wondered silently in her mind and as she awaited his answer her lips parted again. "The evening has come. We need to get moving. But we have to take a long drink and eat a ration of meat before we do." She said and lifted on dark pillars stretching her form and then looked over at Congen.

Food would be needed and a long drink too before they set out. Golden eyes blinked curiously once more at Congen as she awaited his answer if everything was ok.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:01 pm

"Yes, everything is alright. I just guessed that I should wake you." He then slipped outside, and started tro drink a bit for the journey ahead of them.
Then he turned on the leftovers off the sow. It wasn't much, but it gave a bit of extra energy, energy he might need. He wondered where they would be heading, as he had no idea where the mountians lied. Without Mynx help he would just run in circles trough the desert.

Then he thought of his earlier words "...Only way out..." Idiot! Did he really only saw her only as that? Or did he saw here more ...as a friend? Confussion reigned in his head. He would love to explain to her that he saw her as more than "just" a guide. But he couldn't. He wasn't used to such warm emotions. Companionship, friendship...love. He never had cared before. Or did he?

In an effort to get rid of his confusing emotions, he drenched his head into the cold water. When he straightened himself, he noticed some hairs had stayed in the water. He was already adapting. Then he started thinking. The desert wasn't such a bad place. If you knew where to find water,food and shelter that is. Mynx knew. He could stay with her...

He turned and walked back towards the den. One way or another, he would explain to himself and Mynx.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:04 am

Minx looked at Congen and nodded. "Thank you." She said and shook her lithe form and then would slip outside then den behind Congen and then watched him head toward the pool. She stretched and shook her pelt, buzzards and crows now gone from the carcass she trotted over, banner swaying behind her and flicked her ears forward to see if any creatures stirred. Her eyes caught a fox who was wise enough to dash pell mell out into the sands away from herself. She snorted and approached the carcass.

Lowering her maw she began to knaw on what was left. The tender parts were gone. Stolen by lesser creatures who rarely get to see them. No matter. She would eat light as it was anyway. Traveling on a full stomach was no fun. She licked her chops and though her stomach protested in wanting more she pulled away from the food. Her golden eyes looked for Congen and she padded toward the pool. A long drink...let Congen get something into his stomach and then they would be off into the starlit night.

She met him halfway back from the pool. "It is a good night for travel. Cool and bright." She said optimistically for him as she approached.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:04 am

"Yes, your right about that. So, which direction are we headed?" He asked then. "As I have no idea where the mountians lie." But did he want to go there? He still didn't knew, and emotions and sense warred in his head for dominance. He didn't knew, he just didn't knew what to do or say. It looked like he was frozen in his tracks, he couldn't move anything, as he was constantly thinking of what to , in Fenrir's name, do.

He turned his head towards the carcass, seeking salvation through distraction. It didn't worked, his thought kept coming back at Mynx and the choice wether not to go towards any pack.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 2:38 pm

Minx looked at Congen and swiveled her nose pointing to the east. "East lays the dark lands known as Muerta. Their queen is named Akira." She said and then she flicked her tail. She watched Congen feed for a bit and then looked up at the stars orientating herself and then looked over her shoulder. "Come now Congen. No rest for the weary right?" She said and took off at that mile eating lope all wolven are born with.

Like a shadow drifting over the white sand she moved pausing only to stop and make sure Congen was following with his ghost of a form. "To travel at night." She said. "You have to use the stars and know which are always there in the sky. Muerta is in the east there is the north star." She said pointing to the sky with her nose. "So....we head east until we hit the mountains." Sounded easier than it was. You had to know where the water was inbetween here and there to be able to make it that far.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:30 pm

Congen followed Mynx like her shadow. They went east, and when she pointed outh their direction with the stars as guidance, he could tell he had entered this land from outh of the north, maybe north-east. He grinned, he had missed the mountians by some mere miles. The mountians... Then he realised he practicaly knew nothing of them, and the pack that lived there. "Mynx, how are the mountians actually? And what about the pack, are they with many,or just a little group? How is hunting there?"
They still had a long yourney ahead off them, and some conversation to cheer it up a little could never harm.

But next stop he would need to tell her about his... feelings...and the fact he maybe didn't wanted to go to the mountians at all. Ow Congen, in wich situation did you bring yourself this time?
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:50 pm

Minx flicked an ear as she ran. "How are the mountains?" She repeated and smiled. "They are grand and there is a thick woodland that lies at their base. Excellent hunting. If it wasn't their queen would surely have moved and taken over another land by force." She said and looked up again at the stars and adjusted their course. "Last I had heard the wolves of Muerta was growing. Rumors have said that Midnights have joined the pack but again...they are just rumors." She said with a flick of her tail dismissing her own words. "It is a strong pack but not for the faint of heart so I hear.... Akira expects a lot from her wolves. There is another dark pack as well. Jabbar Junyard. It is ruled by Damean and his mate, Jaded, last I heard. But the winds of change have been blowing and it is said no howling is going on in his lands...very odd." She said.

"So you left home to look for your brother then Congen?" She said after a long pause of running silence. "Does your pack need him then or?" she asked glancing at him with her golden gaze. They might as well learn a little about eachother on the journey...she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:07 am

"Erhm... one way or another, you could make out me and my pack had ...minor... problems. So I decided to leave, and go search my brother, who had ...left... the pack." He hated lieing to her, but there was a truth in it too. He was searching for his brother, he just had left out the fact he had been banned and would need Bhaal's raw fighting prowress to go back and reclaim the leadership of the pack.

"I hope somebody at those mountians has seen him, and maybe, if I am lucky, I find him underway." Why he knew sure Bhaal was still alive? As pup he had seen Bhaal getting caught in the horns of an angry moose bull. He had survived. The bull not. Some sand and heat wouldn't get him down either.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:53 am

Minx's footfalls were silent as they crested a sanddune and she flicked an ear. Congen was being cryptic about his past. She shoved the thought aside. Well he didn't have to share....she supposed. As it was she wasn't telling Congen the whole truth anyway. Let him keep his secrets.

"If he has been to these mountains, Akira's ilk will have seen him. Little gets by the white witch." She said about his brother. "And if he isn't there well there are always the other territories....and the desert. Eventually the lost are usually found unless they have come to an untimely demise." She said not trying to be negative but it was the truth. "Or...they do not want to be found." She said.

Minx then veered off slightly south. That was where death's respite lay. A small watering hole hidden among the rocks. They would replenish their thirst there and would see the mountains looming deceptively close in the distance. It still would take a whole nother night of travel to reach them. She hoped to reach another scrub oasis before mid morning tomorrow where they could rest.

"Hopefully luck will be with you Congen. It has been so far. I hadn't planned on traveling the way I was the other day when I found you. So luck must like you."
Back to top Go down
Hendaron

Hendaron

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:04 pm

Congen sighed. They would stop soon, and he already saw the mountians looming... Whatever he would decide to do, he would have to be quick. Congen still didn't had decided how he would confess Mynx his
... feelings. It was hard for even himself to understand why...

When they approached their resting place he first went for the water, after all you can't discuss something as important as this. He quickly quenched his thirst. Then he turned towards Mynx. He sat down and spoke to her.

"Mynx, I must tell you something." he hoped he catched her attention.

(Ooc: Naargh!!! I misread, I thought they where already aproaching an oasis. Stupid me.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody desert. [Open]   Bloody desert. [Open] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody desert. [Open]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next