Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reality Kicks In [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear

Bear

Number of posts : 328
Pawprints : 573
Registration date : 2011-02-04

Reality Kicks In  [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:08 pm

***Again, I realize this is not the only wolf named Echo in FnI. If you are uncomfortable, just refer to him by his alias K.O.

The icy sky spikes of winter nights take over for the lazy moon and gleam on a hidden body of water. On the outskirts of the eastern Lone Lands, the sand parts only momentarily to reveal an ecosystem of life. Upon exiting the stench of death and salt, here greets a channel choked with exotic grasses and warm, wet earth. It was dry as dust during summer months, yet now was the terrain’s climax of awakening. The natural glow to the small stream holds secrets to survival. The land, however, remained eerily murky, as the sun loafed far below jagged mountain peaks. The blackness held a silence that was begging to be broken.

The large outlines of Echo’s dark figure nearly went unseen in the thick midnight, as he walked slowly on his tired digits to this tempting destination. His bright pools of green-yellow were all that gave him away. His muscular body hit the soft shore clay with a thud as he sat down, feeling slightly relieved. Echo rolled and lay on his back, staring at the untouched film of the stream’s surface. His maize colored chest lightened the night a little more as he stretched out towards the cold pond. He fiddled with the pools using his nose. It was the closest thing to “playing” he had in ages. His attitude showed much maturity, but deep inside he was still young. Nothing better to make you grow up than knowing you’re probably the last of your kind. Pressure like that sometimes just can’t be handled so early in life, and sometimes the only way to better the situation is to run away. And that was exactly what he did. When the remnants of his species turned to him to carry the baton in the face of extinction, he refused it. He was stubborn, and though it was unlike him to not be dependable, he just couldn’t take it. Now, he found himself in unfamiliar lands, far away from home. He crossed all the way from the western front to what appeared to be the middle of this peninsula, somehow managing to make no direct contact with another wolf. It seemed hopes of survival were beginning to fade, and the family tree would end in his name. But for the moment, this rare oasis was a true gift in the spirit of strange luck.

Suddenly, noises at his 6 o’clock position woke him from his daze. They did not alarm him until it happened again. Something was out there. This land was still shrouded in mystery to him, so it could be anything for all he knew. He quickly sat his head up and gave a low, warning growl. He was not prepared to fight; but reality kicked in, and he realized that if this would be the end, he wanted to go out with a bang.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

Number of posts : 245
Pawprints : 408
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 9:57 pm

[ooc: Is this still open? I might have a new character I can post if it is still open ^^]
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 11:35 am

[OOC: yeah, its still open. Almost forgot about it. Go right ahead Smile ]
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Reality Kicks In  [Open] Atreyucompleted

Her tassel flicked her scent around her as she padded along. She could hear something near by, or someone? She did not call out into the night though, instead she came to a standstill and sank back onto her rump. The ground masking her scent for the most part, her tassel on the other hand..her tassel kept the scent very much alive. She hadn't been looking for anything or anyone. She was simply walking around. She pondered that a little further, why she was here that is. She hadn't been forced to leave anywhere, she hadn't ran away, she hadn't done anything bad. Instead, she came to the conclusion that she wanted to be elsewhere. There was no story with her, she was just 2 seasons old now and she had just left. She finally brought her mind back to the present, a sweet smile on her maw "Who's there?" She cuffed out into the night, her oreo hued coat masking her, but also making her obvious. She perked her auds, listening closely for an answer.

[ooc: do not mind how bad this may be.. she is brand new to me, getting my paws wet with her so to speak =D]

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:08 am

[OOC: this one's pretty new to me, too. Looking at your wolf's picture, now that song is stuck in my head]
Echo’s yellow orbs widened in surprise as he quickly got off of his back, hiding away his maize underbelly and now stood up on four paws, blending in smoothly with the charcoal night once more. The hostile noise seemed to have a welcoming tone. His ears flicked as he remained in a prowl stance, eyes squinting into the nighttime with wonder. This was the first stranger he had contacted in these extraordinary lands. He had to rely on basic instinct; he had no idea how to spot a friend from a foe. Suspense built in him on a slight slope, yet as he approached the edge of vegetation, he could see a smaller, white stained figure through slivers of visibility on the other side. Echo’s ears perked up and his tail rose from being parallel to the earth. He was being neglected by these lands, and yet this opportunity to meet at least one wolf dangled in front of his maw. Of all things to run into in the middle of nowhere, about 25 meters away rested a lonely femme. He was unable to tell if she saw him, while he slowly padded closer, beginning to crunch on old, brittle vines that hugged close to the ground. He let out soft lyrics that seemed to still amplify loudly in the dense of darkness. “Just me. What brings you all the way out here to this place?”
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 12:49 pm

[ooc: I made this picture back when I listened to them everyday haha]

Atreyu zeroed in her silvery gaze and saw a hessian. He answered her calling, his lyrics were ... soft. She rose off her rump and moved a little closer to him. Her tassel remained limp behind her and her charcoal auds were on alert. She had never been one to conversate, she was like her father in that way. "And you would be..." She said playfully. She stopped just short in front of him. "I'll speak my dubbance first, I am Atreyu .. Everyone called me Trey for short" She smiled sweetly again and watched this stranger.

[ooc: OMG Writers block.. Sorry Sad]
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 6:21 pm

Echo met her gleaming gaze and remained still as the femme moved in closer. She graciously introduced herself at his untelling response. The black and white hued femme seemed awfully playful for being in the middle of nowhere, he thought to himself. Regardless, he sparked a small smirk and dipped his head to the side a little at the sight of her smile. “Echo. My name is Echo. People call me K.O., too. It’s a bit of a…pet name.” The grin shrunk back to a petite smile, and his black tail lightly flicked the air, as if trying to sway away the memories of those who had called him that from the land he had come. He was not hampered or saddened by thought of them, but their souls seemed to be one of the only things that had played on his mind since he had entered the lands of Fire and Ice. His tassel also flared, though, in relief. He embraced the visitor over the possible danger he expected. “I’m…lost, you could say. I felt the need to just get away, and there’s nowhere for me to go really. I was planning to use this place as a rest stop.” He looked at the stranger Atreyu. She was obviously young, as was he, and seemed to hold a high self-confidence. He wondered if she had a story; she did not seem to be on a mission of any kind, just on leave for a personal adventure.

[OOC: a little long >.>]
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:21 am

[ooc|| Trey is a bit of an oddball I must say.. She reminds me a little too much of me o.O]

BIC||

Trey watched him through her almost clear pools, she had never really met someone refer to nicknames as pet names. She stiffled back a laugh at that thought, she kept her smile in place across her raven kissers. She wondered if he had a story like hers, even though she had never had a single problem or fight ever. Her parents joked that she was too sweet for her own good. She parted her kissers to speak once again, her lyrics honey coated "Ahhh, well it is nice to meet you Echo" She called him by his formal dubbance, it was very rare that she called a new acquaintance by a nickname. She wondered if he had been told to do the same, her parents had always taught her to never call a new wolf by their nickname until you had gotten to know them. Her auds picked up on his bit of being lost "..I'm not really lost per se, I have just been wandering from packlands to packlands..." She continued to smile, she did not know him well enough to really tell him anything about herself, but if he spoke something about himself first maybe she would do the same.

It was like that old saying, you tell me something first and I will tell you something.

[ooc: Would have been better if my computer would QUIT FREEZING EVERY 2 SECONDS!!!! ughh I hate you Windows Vista >.<]

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:20 pm

Echo mirrored her smile, as she talked about her wandering journey. Wandering from packland to packland. He wished he could define his travel as simply as hers. All that had shimmered in his world had faded away, and partially from his doing. “That’s basically what I’ve been up to: trying to find packs…well, sort of. I just…I ran away from home. Our territory began to disappear, and so did our resources. My packs numbers decreased, conditions deteriorated, and people began to suffer. We were fighting an uphill battle. I became the only offspring of the pack left, and I just ran away.” There was a lot more behind it, and he could go into a lot more detail, but there was no point in bombarding this stranger with a terrible story this very minute, unless she really wanted to know the nitty-gritty parts. It was just starting to become more of a story, and not his harsh reality. He was still humbled at the thought that he was most likely the last member of his pack alive and one of the few of his breed left.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:25 pm

Trey watched him curiously, her honied optics never leaving his form. She listened to his story, his lyrics gave way to her that there was clearly more to the story than he was telling her. In time.. She thought to herself. She parted her raven kissers to speak, her lyrics still soft and sweet as honey "My journey started when I just left..." She paused for a moment, how much did she exactly want to tell this stranger? There was so much more to her story as there was to his. She had left not because she was forced, or jealousy or everyone being killed. It was true in a way that she had just left, her parents were devastated. She had told them she wanted more from life, and they were not willing to let her go. They had wanted to control everything about her, they had tried so hard for her to come around to their way of things, but she clearly was different. Her weight shifted from one tan pillar to the other. She did not speak any more, she was curious to see what he would say about her admitting that she had just left. It was the same story she had heard others she had come into contact with use, and she had almost always said the same thing. The truth was, well that would come out in time. She pushed it out of her mind, that last night rang through in her mind and she could hear it all over again. Her auds pinned to her tiara and she shut her chocolate pools forcefully, trying to get the sound out of her head..

The truth of it was, she was the last one of her line, and she knew it was all on her to keep it going...

ooc|| Still trying to figure her out, sorry.

Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 7:19 pm

Echo was ready to hear Trey’s story, his ears a little elevated and his electric yellow orbs gazing in content, maybe even in curiosity. The femme, however, seemed to hit the same speed bump in her remembrance. Memories. Memories were the only thing that separated him from living life carefree. Memories were the only thing that stood in his way from starting with a clean slate. They were what defined his actions now. He recognized the facial expression, as her honeyed glow seemed to fade ever so slightly. Her pools disappeared behind a façade of pain. The memories don’t necessarily have to hurt to feel pain from it, as the experience invades your mind without notice and drones over your thoughts until your attention is far from where you want it to be. The wincing is the only effort you can make, until you’re consumed and there’s no turning back from whence you came. Your mind becomes that much more disturbed, and sometimes you just never forget. A troubled life wasn’t needed to spark a domino effect of recollections; it only added insult to injury. It was one of the things he knew best. Echo now looked on with concern, as her she remained with her head down, ears pinned to the sides. “Here…if you intend to stay, you might as well make yourself at home, or…whatever you consider this place to be.” Echo cracked a playful smile. “I can tour you around the wasteland.” Sometimes he wished to swap places with others. Not always to feel what they feel, but to know how it is to be different from yourself.

[OOC: sorry for such a late response. involved week.]
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

[ooc: Its okay, I have been quite involved lately with getting settled in with boyfriend and he has my laptop apart so I use his comp a lot lol]

BIC||

Atreyu brought herself back to normal composure and cracked a smiled at Echo. It was sweet of him to try and distract her, but in her mind she knew there was no such thing. She parted her raven kissers to speak "My Journey began a year ago .. I guess you could say I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for..." It was mostly the truth. She did not know him well enough to completely let him in. She smiled to him though, "If you want to show me around, I will not object" Her grin grew wider towards the end of the statement. Even though she was tired from her journey, she still felt like she wanted to do something and not just plop down lazily. No, she was not that type of person. She waited for him to lead the way.
[ooc: Sorry so short... Muse ran off..]
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 9:31 pm

Echo grinned back at Atreyu. His fang-filled smirk lit up brightly against his deeply black pelt. The ivories were shining in the moonlight almost, unscorged by the harshities that plagued his existance. The young wolf was glad to be getting the slightest bit more aquainted with the femme, even if it was through a rather pointless exercise. At least one other wolf knew he was alive. At least one did......He turned and guided the stranger to the tiny silver pool he had been laying belly side up against only moments ago. What lay behind him and what lay before him were tiny matters compared to what lay within him, and that within him was torn and without the one thing it needed to go on. Even if his emotions meant more than the problems around him, the two were pretty similar: these wetlands couldn't support itself on its own even if it tried. It lacked the most necessary compound: water. The swampy area, though still moist, looked unhealthy. "Well, there isn't much to show," Echo chuckled. "For the little time I've been here, I can tell you this is not a pleasant place. The marsh weed is a bit overgrown and most other plants are brittle and dead. The only landmark that sets this place apart from the other hundreds of miles of dull environment is the little pool of water. The overhanging trees will probably shade the sun well, but I'm yet to find out. The most wildlife is to the north, through the thickest of ugly vegetation. It's hard to miss the scent. I tried to make a bit of a clearing in the brush for myself, but it's difficult." Echo paused for a second. He was suprising himself. This was probably the only person he'd had the courage to speak more than a simple sentence to in a long time. Over the stupidest topic at that. He wasn't shy; he feared consiquences. "There's a makeshift den," he nodded his head towards a small enclosed structure between two skinny trees. The brown cluster of miscellanious materials actually looked quite sturdy, durable, and cozy, with its one gaping mouth. "It'll most likely only hold one body." Echo wanted to let her take it all in before mentioning anything else. He gave a playful look of assurance, though did not truely smile. He didn't want her to feel uncomfortable in this new hostile environment.
Back to top Go down
mikalaisangel09

mikalaisangel09

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Her auds took in his lyrics and still she smiled sweetly. Trey looked in the direction he had to where this makeshift den was. She wondered whether that meant she would sleep in there or if he would. She did not know him well enough to share a den with him just yet. She parted her kissers to speak, her lyrics light and airy "Well if you want the den, you can certainly have it... I have spent a lot of my time sleeping out in the open and I like it ..." She sighed heavily and finally allowed her pillars that were holding her up to collapse and she laid down. The ground still felt really warm and that felt good to her. She had come from a cooler climate... and she had hated it. She watched him so intently, waiting to see some sort of hint of who he is. There were so many thoughts swimming through her head as she looked up to the night sky... She knew her parents were up there watching over her. She could only hope that she would make them proud...
Back to top Go down
Bear

Bear

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Echo realized what he had said about the crafted den between the two trees that encircled the opening they stood in. He wanted to imply just for her to use the den; it only seemed fair that way from his perspective. Obviously, he wasn’t very good at doing that, as he almost winced from the stupidity he felt from his actions in his head. "Understandable." he said. Now, the initial shock of other life being around him wore off, but fatigue sought to take its place. The muscles under his black fur bristled and moved electrically as he made a slight stretching motion. The lack of a consistent food source during his long travels had left his body to eat away at its fat, making him appear leaner, yet he was nevertheless in need of help. His long frame leaned towards the surface of the pond he had formerly been interested in. Its silver reflection of the clear midnight sky of stars was something to be marveled. He almost wanted to be right next to it. But, he probably wouldn’t look very normal or content if he just blitzed straight through the water. Instead, he peacefully let his legs sink under the liquid one-by-one up to about a quarter of the way up his pillars, the coolness quickly numbing his ankles. He turned to gaze at Trey, opening his mouth to say something when suddenly, once again, another noise infiltrated the oasis. Now what? he thought. He spun quickly to face its origin, barely rippling the water with his weight shift. The sound came to the right from where Trey had first come. It was unmistakably sporadic hooves sandwiching leaves and brush to the earth; like rocks smacking the ground. Heavy exhales in the foliage started up. By this time, Echo had already lunged from the ground, parallel to the ground in a prowl with a low utteral growl alive in his throat. Echo’s bright yellow eyes intensified to the location just feet in front of him, as the rest of his black body sleekly blended with the night. Whatever it was, he thought he could take it. His tight whiskers bristled. He almost felt a sense of duty to protect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality Kicks In [Open]   Reality Kicks In  [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reality Kicks In [Open]
Page 1 of 1