Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wretches & Kings [MB]

Go down 
+9
White wolf
akkanatrum
Bear
Silent
Hendaron
FoSsY
Starrlight
EDITOR
__silvers__
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Wretches & Kings [MB] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:52 pm

Board is officially closed. Unofficially if you would like to keep roleplaying your dog characters The Black Pearl had agreed to take in our canine companions. You can of course take your dogs anywhere you wish, but for pack stability and growth we would like to see them go to The Pearl.

-Silent
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 7:30 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] 108
Kane's golden eyes lingered on Jack even when the bru would not turn his way. Despite the rough tone that Jack took Kane took no offense, knew that this was how it was. He was surprised at depth of wisdom he had come to out here, even it might a bloody fight with Blue. It made Kane worry less for his friend than he might have been had his vengeance continued to be a blind fury. He nodded in agreement with Jack's plan to hunt down his family's killer. At this point, so many years and months it would be tough to track that bastard down but if anyone could do it it would be Jack. Kane knew well what sort of fury raged in his friend, felt that he would eventually be consumed by it, but if it was one thing he knew, that rage would never turn on him or anyone that he was loyal to. So he had to respect the ex alpha's wishes. He would not argue for him to stay, he was no his mother and Jack would not appreciate the sentiment.  So he merely nodded his acknowledgement signaling his support. It did not have to be complicated for them, there was no need for long speeches or fanfare they had shared enough together.

When Jack spoke of protecting Blue he cast his gaze her way, she was even now conversing with the pack as if she had no just fought a brutal fight against her friend. Yes, Blue was strong in her own right, stronger than they were in some regards. "That goes without saying Brother. I will keep her as I have always kept us, she may not need me but she has me, I will protect her for the love you bear for her and the love I bear for both of you.." This statement he looked at Jack solemnly. "Go in peace friend, may our paths cross again." He touched Jack once briefly on the shoulder then he turned and was gone to the edges. He would let them and then take his share after.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Pawprints : 1290
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 9:41 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] 9318393308_c57235bbb4_z

Whiskey lifted her head when she heard Blue speak again, and licked her chops thankfully. Another smile spread across her maw as the shepherd praised her for helping with the boar, then apologized for the disorganization amongst the group of dogs. The little fae shook her head. "No need to apologize," she assured the new leader, "It's pretty clear y'all 'ave been through a lot. Honestly, I ain't met many other dogs, but I can already tell it ain't easy to keep a buncha ruffians together in one place... if I try to picture anyone but my mama making order out of my brothers... well, I can't  even see it happenin'!" She chuckled slightly at the thought of her siblings, though she knew the situation at hand was more dire as the tension around the dogs here hung heavily in the air. Leadership was shifting and it seemed a shock for everyone, and it would be important for the group of canines to get along when the harsher seasons tested them all. Whiskey cocked an ear when she was asked about any skills she might have; it got her to wondering, since she wasn't sure what these dogs around here would consider skills.

"I guess my mama taught me a little 'bout everything," she said, tilting her head, "I can scrap pretty good an' hold my own when I need to. An' I can stalk an' pounce on small animals that make good snacks. I'm good at tracking, too, I was lucky with my pelt color, since I blend in when I need to an' can follow any animal without bein' traced." When the other femme asked her if she'd done much herding on the farm, Whiskey lit up visibly, her tail waving to and fro. She was surprised but delighted that the shepherd had noticed and recognized her scent, and was able to identify where she'd come from. "Yes, herding's probly what I did most around the farm!" she yipped, thinking back to those memories. She didn't know it, but it was something in her blood that gave her great joy from controlling large animals, keeping steady on them and knowing just when to move to make them go where she wanted. It definitely gave her a thrill, knowing that she controlled the animals' bodies by controlling the fear in their minds - not something that was generally a part of her character, but her very genetic coding made the task enjoyable. "It's great to make the grazin' animals move when you want, wherever you want 'em to go," she said, "If it's a skill I can use out here, I gotta know! I ain't seen many big animals since leaving the farm... are there any out here?" There was so much more to learn about the wilds, and she knew these dogs would have much more knowledge than she. It hadn't been long since she'd left the farm, and though she could survive on a bare minimum on her own, she knew there had to more to it than that. Living amongst a pack of unfamiliar dogs would be quite the learning experience, and for all she knew, she would call it home someday, and these dogs family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 11:56 pm

At Blue's comment, Penilla dug into the meat after some of the others did, first. She wasn't in a rush to eat, but she was able to notice a few things she otherwise wouldn't have. Kane went after Jack, and she didn't care about their discussion, so she tuned them out as she looked at Whiskey, who was introducing herself to the new pack leader.

Roman... he looked a bit distant, although there were many possibilities for that. He had just wandered into their hunt in the first place, after all. Either way, he was speaking to her now. She almost had a Stark moment, who probably would have looked at Roman incredulously, because how many dogs aren't originally from the City? Instead, she responded, "It's been a while since I've last seen it. Stark... he's not here, but he's my cousin. We hadn't much contact since our parents were in different homes. Somehow, he'd figured out his surviving kin. He used to have a human he lived with, but somehow became a street dog. He never told me what happened. From what he told me the few times he visited, he'd wander out into the wilderness... I guess to places like this one," she gestured her head around them.

"Our City wasn't the safest place to be, and increasingly less so. I guess he was also fed up with City life and figured his kin who weren't addicted to the City deserved better, so Stark grabbed me from my human's home and brought me out here, where he taught me how to survive the last few moons. We'd been past this pack already, but at that time, we had some wolves in company who apparently used to live here before a flood. I felt bad for her, not knowing where her pack was, so I kept going with them. When that was done, and Stark wanted to go back to that pack... I couldn't go back. These wolves who live out here are just like the dogs in the City, but larger territory and needing to work harder for their food. Some are nice, others are mean. Some are serious, and other cunning. I haven't seen him since then, though."

Her eyes flashed in a rare display of anger and said, "I hate him, but I can't. He uprooted me from a state of comfort, but ended up teaching me much about life. He's always been a bit of a lone ranger, so he never understood when he's hurt someone... or he does, but doesn't care because of the grander scheme of things. He's hurt me a few times to ensure our survival, but was always careful to keep me from the brink of death. He abandoned me when I still needed him, but made sure I had a chance of survival." She hoped this wasn't scaring Roman, especially if he was the timid type. Pin didn't mean to let her emotions slip like that, but it was true. Her cousin was amazing and oh so infuriating at the same time.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Pawprints : 1971
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:56 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] 5676107855_fe8c57623f_z

"I don't need you to lecture me," Jack grumbled as Kane came near, still not meeting his eyes, glaring into the knot of a redwood instead. But the scent of meat overwhelmed his nares at his companion's offering, and he ripped off a hearty chunk of the even heartier piece. "I'll be fine. I'm not some pup you need to look after. I can take care of myself," he snorted. Kane knew that, and why he was trying to parent him, Jack didn't know. He shrugged it off regardless. "Does it look like I have a choice? I should have known before coming out here. This was a stupid idea. At least in the City, I have control." His claws dug into the earth. His muscles clenched. The tear in his scruff trickled fresh blood. But was it control that he had even wanted in the first place? He had relinquished his power to Blue. Honored it. No, it was revenge he wanted, a revenge he could never obtain.

"But Blue's right," he grunted, eating more of the meat with a shake of his skull. "I don't belong here. And if I want to catch the bastard that killed my wife and children, I should be going after him. Not every wolf in existence. I need to be doing detective work back in the City to find him." Despite everything that had happened, he couldn't just roll over like a dead dog and forget the reason why he was out here in the first place, or how he had become the man he was now. Yes, he was bitter,and yes, he was still angry, but if he had learned something about these wilds, it was that he needed to favor reason over emotion. This was why Blue lead the pack now. She had always favored reason. He hoped that she would continue to favor it and that it would guide her, though he did not show it. He loved her and would kill for her. Dark eyes turned to Kane. "And because I won't be here, I want you to protect her," Jack said, tossing his muzzle in Blue's direction. "She'll be the only thing that keeps these whelps from falling into chaos."

Not far from the two of them, Roman kept his head down, gnawing on the boar's meaty femur. So, these dogs were from the City, too. And the mean one was going back... He paused, licking his chops. He had a chance to return. Go home. He reclined back and sighed. There was so much he missed about the sunny, concrete streets and the lazy food lying around in the dumpsters. At the same time, a chilling memory tingled down his spine, enough for him to shake his head and remind himself of why he had fled in the first place. He looked to Penilla, who was not far off from him, and cleared his throat. "So, uh... Are you from the City too?"

Though Blue was not looking, she heard the conversations around her, her mouth filled with the richness of fresh boar. This was good. A change from the warlike snarling and battle cries there had been a few months ago. Yes, there would be much difference in her command... But all of that couldn't really begin until Jack returned to the City. She knew that he would not approve of the plans she had in mind. In the meantime, though, she nodded and smiled at Whiskey's introduction.

"Thank you," she said with a thump of her tail. "I know you're new, but thank you for helping with the hunt, too. We haven't been the most organized group, but I'm seeking to change that, soon. If there's anything you're particularly skilled at, feel free to take up the title, or teach the others." It was then that the summer wind drifted through the trees, Whiskey's scent reaching her. It was a mixture of smells that Blue was all too-familiar with: human sweat and dust, musty hay, and smooth cowhide. She felt something inside twist, but she chose to close her eyes and ignore it. She would turn this gained knowledge into something useful. "Did you do much herding on your farm?" she asked, curious. She wondered why the fae had left, too. And why she had chosen the wilds over the City.

At the same time, Blue often wondered to herself why she hadn't done the same in the past. If she was given the choice, she would have done everything - everything - differently. But there was no changing that now.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:00 pm

Wretches & Kings [MB] E6rymb10
Kane's cool eyes assessed Blue even as she denied that there was anything wrong with her. He would be keeping an eye on her for the next few hours. He knew that no battle with Jack would leave her so intact. Blue put on a brave face though, it was why she was so tough, why she survived so long. He did not harass her though and stepped respectfully back when she stood to address the pack...her pack. He looked to where Jack stood, in the background, a dark menacing shadow brooding. Kane felt a tingle go through his body and knew that something was more wrong with this situation. Jack would not meet his gaze or Blue's. He barely heard what she said to the other dogs and instead frowned looking between the pair. The tension was broken slightly when Blue invited them to eat and he could see the dogs moving eager to be full. 

His attention was broken though when the new dog, Whiskey, came forward a bundle of manners to present herself to Blue. Despite the tense situation Kane could not help the amusement he felt at the canines mannerisms and her interesting quirk of speech. Shaking his coat he moved into the feeding and ripped a tender morsel off the boar, quite a sizable chunk. Instead of preparing to ravage it himself he walked over to Jack dropping the dripping meat parcel before his former alpha quite unceremoniously he licked his lips and looked off into the forest. "You should eat well before you leave." There was no doubt in Kane's mind this is what Jack intended to do. It would not be in his friends nature to stay after something like this. Kane felt a pang of sadness for the loss of their trio, they had suffered much together and done more to come to a home like this. In the end though Jack had not been suited for this life. The harsh pavement and twisted metal buildings that had repelled him so thoroughly that Kane could never imagine going back there. Then again he was not sure if Jack would either. "Where will you go?"  He spoke quietly for the small privacy it game them near the other dogs.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Whiskey was slightly disappointed that the atmosphere had gone from serious to worse - dead silence as the canines stood in disbelief for a few moments. The dogs were in awe, distressed and blown away at what had happened. She was still an outsider, and didn't know how to respond. She was glad for Kane's attempt to make her feel at ease, and she offered him an enthusiastic nod in return, not wanting to show that she was disheartened by the sudden events. Turning away from the male, she grabbed onto the boar, helping to carry it to where the pack's new Alpha waited. When they arrived, the young femora let go of her hold on the downed prey, and looked up to see if she could make sense of the situation. She saw Kane go to the black dog's side, immediately seeing if she was okay. The female made a strong stand despite her injuries, standing in front of her newly claimed pack. When her voice came forth, Whiskey couldn't help but wag her tail - the fae seemed kind and caring, ignoring her own condition to address the others. Whiskey's ears tilted back, listening for the Shepherd that had tailed behind the group, clearly defeated and miserable. Although she didn't know him well, and she rarely thought ill of others, she was glad that this male would not be in the lead. He seemed so negative, and so caught up in himself that he might not properly provide for and protect a pack.

The young female cautiously padded to Blue's side, not wanting to be disrespectful of the lady's space, but also wanting to be closer and get to know her, and enjoy a full belly with her. A delicious and fulfilling meal was customary in getting to know another and having good associations with them. She dipped her head, hoping that the fae would notice with her peripherals. "Hi there," she said softly but cheerfully, wanting to lighten the mood, "I'm Whiskey. Pleased to make yer acquaintance, hope that I can make myself useful to ya. Oh... and congrats on yer new status." She smiled, hoping she hadn't come off too awkward, but not worrying about it too much. As long as the fae knew she was being friendly, that was all that mattered. Things would work themselves out in time, and they would all get to know each other better. She bent down then, allowing herself to take a bite of the boar's flesh, her mouth salivating instantly. She had longed for a meal like this for quite a time, and couldn't help but murr in delight as the flavours washed over her tongue.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 pm

She was resting in the nook of the tree when she heard them approach. Blue lifted her head, and then Kane was at her side, licking her wounds. She winced, but didn't flinch away. "No, and I'll be alright," she replied, easing herself up to stand. It appeared that Jack had made the announcement. She didn't want to look fallen before her... pack. Her pack. It was strange concept, one she was going to have to get used to. She limped over to greet them, seeing the new faces and a fresh kill. However, Jack wasn't meeting her eyes. He was brooding in the back of the group.

"Thank you all for coming," she said, her voice rich with rasp from the fight, but still holding strong. "Eat. Rest. We'll discuss any changes in the next few hours." She paused, her stomach rumbling, but looked to the newcomers: a wry-looking peppered Border Collie and a clumsy, amber-hued mutt, and nodded in their direction. "Welcome. Forgive our disorganization. In the meantime, make yourselves at home." She navigated down the middle of them, and took a single bite of the sweet, succulent pork. A sign that they could begin eating.

There was much she had to do... Much that Jack hadn't done. She noticed the way he turned away from the group, refusing to eat with them, impatient to leave. She knew he wouldn't speak to her. She wished she could take back the things she had said. She wished she hadn't, because they had needed to be spoken. She sighed and found herself ripping off a larger chunk of meat, and bringing back to the tree spot she had been resting before. It would fill her stomach, but not the growing chasm in her heart, for the place that Jack used to be. Things would be very different without the one she called brother.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:26 am

She helped the other carry the boar as they followed Jack and Kane, who appeared as ever loyal to Jack. Penilla still didn't know the wolves well enough to form any thoughts. The addition of Whiskey carry the kill was a helpful presence, and soon they apparently made it. She had only been paying attention to the path she was going and making sure they were still following the pair of dogs to look too much further along their path.

Soon enough, though, Kane broke off from the rest of the group, and Pin made sure they carried the boar so it was within reasonable reach of the female resting by the tree. So it was she who apparently won leadership. After putting down the part of the boar she held up, Pin back up a few steps, not sure how far away to linger.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Kane's hazel eyes took in Jack's bedraggled state and no soon did the question form in his mind had he answered it vaguely  Of course then came the clamoring of all the other dogs...who who who...of course he knew from the moment Jack had said it. Not to mention her scent clung all over him. Licking his lips as if to speak he thought better of it. There would be more time later. Glancing at Whiskey he put on a half a smile. "Don't worry..you will still be welcomed here. Perhaps more so. And yes...if you were to give a hand with the boar this would all go faster. Now come." With that he followed after Jack not speaking. He could smell the brus distress, the conflicting emotions practically assaulted him but he would no speak. Just keep silent vigil as ever. He wondered how Blue had bested the shepherd, he had seen them both fight many many times and he could not see her....oh...well perhaps he gave up...Once his mind found that thought the more he thought it likely. He did not think that Jack could kill Blue. No matter the trespass  He would have to be a fool all these years to not see that he loved her.

They arrived to where Blue was shortly after and Kane through one last glance to be sure that the rest were in tow and he broke from Jack's side and sidled up to Blue. He touched her cheek in greeting and then began sniffing her wounds applying gentle licks to the areas matted with blood. Anyone might think that Kane would seize this opportunity to launch himself further in the pack but they had shared more than enough grief in the city without distrusting each other. Looking her seriously in the eye he frowned. "Did he break anything?" 
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:26 am

The hunk of boar was still in Roman's mouth when Jack finally returned to them. He looked up, mouth stuffed, but silent nonetheless. He was just as speechless as the rest of them... Jack was bloodied and had obviously lost a fight, and a flight of nervousness fluttered through the young bru. Even though he did not like the German Shepherd, it was clear that he kept the dogs around him safe from harm... Had he failed? Had they been taken over, like he had seen the humans do with their loud machines and black smoke? Roman frowned and felt the urge to flee once again, but Kane's eyes upon him kept him in place. He had the feeling if he ran, he would be pursued, and probably killed. He inwardly sighed... What had he gotten himself into?

Jack's dark eyes mulled over the close members of the group. He had expected questions like this, and an embarrassed anger rose in his chest; he did not want to give leading them up, he should have fought harder, he could have killed... No. He couldn't have won. "Your new leader is someone you already know. My companion, Blue. She is smarter and wiser than myself, and more fit for these grounds," he replied in a deep, monotone voice. He was just the messenger in this situation. "She requires medical attention. I do not know which of you has healing experience, but your cooperation is the one she needs the most." Though he had been injured many times, he was not familiar with treating wounds in the wild. His own cuts were beginning to clot, and soon enough, they would become scars, littered like the rest of them all over his body. The problem was that if Blue did not get the medical help she needed, the wound on her leg could easily develop infection.

Before he turned away, however, Jack paused and looked down at the boar. He would have dragged it as well, had he not been recovering as well. "You will bring the boar to her, too," he said in that same monotone; completely void of emotion and care. "Her commands are the ones that you will follow from now on." He made a final glance at his closest companion, Kane, before he headed off in the direction he had come. He wondered what the rhodesian thought about all of this, and if he would listen to Blue's words. It was a change of pace since they had met; would the trio still remain? Jack himself wasn't sure, as he would be departing after consuming the kill... On top of everything, he didn't want to see how Blue would rule the pack. He knew it would only make him jealous.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2013 10:08 pm

It wasn't long before the young fae realized how tense the atmosphere around her was. The dogs were quiet, and seemed to just shoot her glances - she figured they weren't hostile, but they sure weren't friendly, either. She heard the deep rumble of a large dog's voice as he gave orders to a smaller dog, and he went skittering away to help the others with their catch. She licked her lips, that fresh, delicious scent making her mouth water. But she looked to Kane as he approached her, sending a greeting her way. She had never heard that kind of greeting before, but it made her smile. The pack was welcoming new members - surely she would fit in! She nodded her head to him as he spoke of the alpha being currently absent, then wagged her tail in delight as he asked her to walk with him. "Sounds great!" she yipped, then tilting her head toward the boar where the others were gathered, "I figure I can help out with that." She wouldn't like to just stand around while everyone else did all the work. Where she came from, it was frowned upon to sit aside in luxury while others worked their tails off.

But no sooner had she finished speaking when a roughed up shepherd, blood dripping from fresh wounds, approached them, his expression serious and resolute. He spoke heavily, as though something weighed on him. New leader? she wondered, glancing to the other dogs. They seemed just as confused. Was this their current leader? Had someone fierce defeated him and ordered him to come here? A slight shiver ran through her - life out here was as wild as she had imagined it, but it gave her a thrill now that she was amongst her kind in the wilds for real, not just in dreams. Curious as everyone else, she tilted her head, still wondering if she could be of use to the carry the boar as they went to see who this new leader of theirs would be.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 pm

She had picked up the boar when the other came over before he skittered away, as if not wanting to be too close. She would have smirked in amusement, but her teeth were occupied... and he kept talking. It wasn't quite annoying yet, but it was odd. Most out here weren't that talkative. It was probably a good thing she decided to ask him to help with the boar, although even if he did talk his tail off, he'd probably keep going. For now, it seemed amusing. It emphasized, though, that he really didn't belong in the wilds like this. Her cousin would know. She hadn't been able to fully orient herself until a couple days away from the City.

When they had carried the boar some distance, Jack suddenly reappeared, cut and bruised, speaking of... a new leader? Nikita questioned who. Stark formerly kept Penilla around for a reason. Jack said they'd see their new leader after following him, although she was also mildly curious right now. Her main question was why, although she'd phrase it differently, not trusting Jack's seeming sudden change from angry to solemn to last. Instead, she commented, "You weren't bested in combat." And the silent but it probably happened after... lingered in her thoughts. Fights were the common way apart from death. Jack didn't strike her as the type to simply step down from leadership with his aggressiveness... what could have changed his mind?
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:43 pm

Nikita worked at hauling the damn boar across the ground. Having the others feed off it would have made for lighter work. After all that is what the humans did...sort of. They left the pile of guts and cut it all up and packed it out.

As she stewed quietly, taking her aggression out on the dead boar's  leg as she pulled, a voice came forth.

Jack had returned. 

Nikita's eyes looked at him and she blinked. He was covered with blood...wait..what...new leader...what had happened?

The confusion made her drop the leg she was dragging and looked at him. 

"Jax what happened?" she asked cautiously as she moved toward the wounded dog. "Who is new leader?" 

She voiced her questions...sure that everyone around her was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:24 pm

He was relieved to hear that he could be of use. The young boxer-pit sighed and held his head, and went to join the girls and the fallen hog. Oh, how his stomach rumbled for just a scrap. He had been surviving on squirrels and small animals for the past couple of days, but it really wasn't his choice. He could have gone for a half-eaten soggy burger from the trash can at any time now. He was about to pick up one of the legs to drag it when he realized how close the nice female dog, Penilla, was, introducing herself. "Oh," he said, surprised, and took a step back. He wasn't sure why, it just felt very dumb of him to be so close. "I'm Roman... Again, I'm really sorry about what happened, I didn't mean to put you or anyone else in danger, it was really stupid of me. I don't know where I am or what I'm doing out here, I'm trying to find my way back to the City, if you know where that is, but I guess you can't tell me until we move this. I'm super hungry. Did you know there's such things as flying mice? But they only come out at night. I haven't gotten one yet, but maybe it's because I'm always barking up the wrong tree."

Uh-oh. He was talking. He was talking way, way too much. He knew it and wrapped his mouth around the leg of the hog without a second thought, filling his jaw so he would silence himself. Thankfully, at that same moment, a cattle dog made herself known, and Roman shook his head with an inward growl. Stupid, stupid, stupid. That's what he could have done, instead of letting his legs get past his head and chasing a squirrel. Things would be so much better if he had done it that way. Now, he was for sure at the bottom of their food chain.

On the southern edge of the lands, deep within the realm of the Redwood Forest, Jack paced back and forth, thinking hard. What more could he do? Though the leaves were green all around him now, soon they would turn to red, and then they would all fall, spare the evergreens. It would be their first winter in these lands, and if they could barely function now, in the bloom of summer, what the hell was going to happen when the cold hit them hard? In the City, it was rough enough, but they could always count on the humans to leave shit behind. He released an exhausted sigh. Maybe his plan was stupid... Maybe he should have never left.

He was instantly on his guard, though, when there came a rustling from the bushes nearby. He swiveled to face it, tailed curled and lips pulled back, wrinkled into a snarl. "Show yourself!" he demanded in his deep, rough voice, and he relaxed as the familiar form of Blue appeared, her eyes hard like ice and just as cold. It was a look Jack had only seen a pawful of times, and he knew without asking that she was angry. Very, very angry, in fact, but her black lips were tight and she said not a word. He was no mind-reader, though, and he was her superior, and he had a right to know. "So what happened to your friend?" he asked in a light, sarcastic tone.

A snarl broke through her before she responded with words. "He left," she snapped, sitting back on her haunches, her muscles tight and her feet placed together. "But I guess I should have known that."

"You mean you should have listened to me," Jack replied, huffing. He had known that Jacob would have abandoned the mission before it was given to him. He was weak, afterall. Jack had seen Jacob's kind before, and time and time again, the stereotype proved true.

Blue's glared turned to him. "Why aren't you with your pack?" she jabbed, and now Jack's dark, brooding gaze returned her glare.

"That's not a pack and you know it," he growled. "They're dogs without a leash. I don't know what the hell to do with them. No, actually, I do know what I want to do with them. I want to tear their heads off and leave them. They're worthless, Blue. They don't have a sense of anything in them. I don't know what they want and I don't care."

"Then if you don't care, why don't you just leave?" Blue said, her voice rising. She stood up, absolutely serious. "What have you done for this pack that's been progressive anyways? You run off when you're annoyed at something small and stupid. You disappear for days and don't tell them what you're planning. You're not a leader, Jack, you're a coward."

His eyes would not leave hers, and his tail arched above his back, and his held his shoulders straight and tall. His pointed ears pushed forward and he showed his teeth. "Is this really happening, Blue?" he questioned, teeth clicking. "Are you really challenging me?"

"I wish this day had never come," was all she said, before launching at him, paws colliding with his chest and shoving him to the ground. Jack would not go down easy, pushing his legs up beneath her belly, rolling with the momentum and kicking her off of him. He went after her now, darting for her hindquarters; he ended up grabbing a chunk of fur as she whizzed around and sunk her teeth into his scruff. He was all fur and muscle there, and he was too heavy for her to fling away, and he resulted in taking another snap at her leg, this time succeeding. She yelped and released him, swinging her body out of his reach, the hot blood dribbling down her thigh. She couldn't feel the full blast of pain, too filled with adrenaline, her mind dead set on beating Jack. They were two pit dogs without a cage, without a referee to disqualify them, and without a master to call the shots; they were each giving it everything they got. When Jack sprang, Blue recoiled, and returned the punch. Each of their skills had been honed beneath the iron fist of Lieutenant Stark, and each of their blows was just as deadly. Jack learned that Blue was lightning fast within those moments, and Blue learned that each and every strike of Jack's paw was as powerful as a blast of thunder. It was a storm, a flurry of blood and anger, misdirected but focused on the foe at hand. It was the Shadow versus the Jack of Spades, and it was a showdown match. Only one of them would leave the arena alive.

Blue's back hit the ground once more, her form sliding across the dirt so she came to a halt at the base of a large redwood. Just because she was down, though, didn't mean that she was out; she righted herself, her left eye scratched and kept shut, keeping the blood from entering. She now held her leg slightly off the ground, having had had it bitten more than once, tufts of her dark fur missing here and there from missed blows. Jack's form cast a shadow over hers, he still stronger than she, and he having seen more fights. She knew that his age was wearing on him, though; his breathing was heavy and whistled through the collapsed nasal passage, and his attacks were becoming slow. He lumbered forth, jaws parted.

He did not go after her, though. He stopped, right in his tracks, and did nothing. Blue seized her chance and pounced on him with her full weight, landing on top of him, talons digging into his barreled chest, teeth snapping near his face. "Why did you hesitate?" she demanded with a roar. She leapt off of him, none of her rage yet subsided. It was a trap, a foul play, an unfair move. "Cheater!"

Jack returned to his paws, hearing his bones crackle and pop. He was an old, beaten man, but he would not let his age get the best of him. "I can't kill you, Blue," he said, seeing her tousled form as no different as when Stark had first tossed her into the ring, expected her to kill on her first match. "I can't kill you when I've done so much to protect you. You really are the only family I have left."

"I'm not related to you," she retorted.

"Not by blood. But the things you and I have gone through, the things we've accomplished... Who else can say that they've done that? We became the top dogs in our league. We killed our own master, and his company. We owned the streets. And we set off to tame the wild, but we can't do that? Why? Is it because we don't belong here?"

Blue did not immediately reply. Jack had been born in the City, raised in it, surrounded by the smoke and steel and stink. She... She had been different, raised beyond those concrete walls. The woods, the meadows, and the wilds were familiar to her, but she had known them alongside a human hand. A gentle, human hand, at that. It tugged at her heart to think of her past, and she couldn't help but soften at his words, these thoughts churning in her mind. She shook her head. "It's not that we don't belong here, Jack," she said. "It's that you don't."

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"You're out here hunting for something you can't kill," she replied, to which Jack's heavy brow furrowed even more. She took it up to lick a wound on the inside of her right foreleg before continuing. "You came out here seeking vengeance, and what did you find? You formed this pack to kill wolves, and what difference has that made? Nothing you do will bring Magenta back. Trust me, I know... Because nothing I do, and no matter how hard I search this earth, will bring Charlie or my family back." Her voice shook on those last words and her eyes threatened tears, but her face hardened again before she would let them fall. "Go back to the City, Jack. You're the top dog there. You know that Steele and Sasha will welcome you back. I can take care of things here. You... You raised me to be strong."

Jack was at a loss for words. She would not kill him, she would not let him lead, and though this infuriated him, the way she spoke of Magenta and Charlie knew that what she was saying was right. They could not fight anymore, because what was there to fight over? He nodded, finally feeling humbled in all his brooding, all of his time spent dwelling in the dark and planning his revenge on wolven blood. "Yes," he said. "I will return to the City."

He approached her, and she flinched out of instinct, as he was just her opponent only moments ago, but his warm tongue licked the wound he had made behind her right here. She hung her head and let him, that single action reminding her of the nights where they would be placed in the kennels side-by-side in Stark's warehouse. Stark would train her hard, whip her and beat her, and when she laid down exhausted, Jack would lick her wounds between the chain link fence and tell her of better days. Unlike the other males in the kennels, he never wanted sex. He never wanted anything more than her acknowledgement, her trust, her understanding. He had chosen to watch over her, and why her, she didn't know. She had assumed that that is what instinct was; perhaps he felt the need to protect her, as she had felt the need to protect Charlie, so many years ago. She still felt that she had failed to do so, but there was nothing she could do about that now.

When he had finished cleaning her up, she stood, and cringed at the weight on her leg. "I should get to my pack," she said, but Jack stood in front of her.

"No. I will fetch them. As the leader now, you need the most rest. I still have strength. I will get them, take my meal, and leave. Just know that I am extending my invitation to those who want to return to the City with me," he said, his words short and stubborn, and Blue was ready to challenge him again, but reason won her over. She lay down at the base of the redwood tree he had initially cornered her against, giving in.   He kissed her on the forehead. "Rest. It won't be long."

Blue laid with her chin resting on the root of the tree, watching him travel northwards, towards the hunting party. It didn't take him long to find them, seeing the boxer-pit youth and a cattle dog newcomer. He had not yet washed the blood from his muzzle or coat, nor picked the thorns and burrs from his matted fur. He regarded them with a heavy, somber expression. "You will all follow me to the den site, where your new leader is waiting."
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:33 am

Kane was about to stride away when suddenly a foreign dog came bounding up, her light demeanor at odds with the serious atmosphere. His eyes flicked to the young dog that had interrupted the hunt. He didn't know his name yet and if it was said he had not caught it. "Yes, help them I will be along shortly. You will not eat until I get there." This last comment was addressed to the bru only, Jack had already given the order to eat and it was not his place to revoke it. Now his eyes were on the female and he cocked his head wondering where she came from. He rarely heard the dialect that she used, maybe only once or twice before. "Hujambo friend, we are accepting new dogs, my alpha has gone off but he will be back shortly. If it pleases you to walk with me we can wait while we eat." No one could accuse Kane of bad manners, it was a default characteristic drilled into him by his mother. It was often the mistake of others to let it hide his single minded ruthlessness out in the city.

He knew Jack's temper would cool off soon, he was quick to anger and though no one could really see yet he was also a great companion should your loyalties stay strong. Even with the almost disaster of a hunt he would be pleased that two more dogs had joined their ranks. They were in serious need of members, too many dominant dogs and no submissves made the pack volatile and cranky.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 pm

Nikita couldn't believe the boldness of Kane as he nipped at her. That didn't do well for her temper and she snapped back though closed her teeth on air and not Kane. A retort but she submitted for now. Who was he to boss her about? She had only barked to call the other's here to eat for a carcass that was eaten off of would be lighter to carry...at least...that is how she thought. She did not look at Kane nor the new female who strode up asking if they were welcoming to new members. Instead she bent her head to drag the boar's carcass, opposite of Penilla and the dog who almost ruined their hunt. 

Who could have blamed her for being snippish?...she probably would have set on him if someone had gotten hurt. She supressed a growl and lent her frustration to her work. It helped. Lending strength to her limbs she dragged, her teeth sinking into the still warm carcass, blood seeping on her tongue.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 10:03 pm

Penilla's ears pinned back somewhat at Nikita's voice, although she didn't let this drain the at ease feeling she was trying to maintain... and hope would spread to the others. Seriousness was good, and Pin knew others would call her as such when the situation called for it and sometimes when it didn't, but she believed a good mood was a moral booster and did more good during more peaceful times. That infectious laughter that lifted the spirits of even the most broody. That was probably the one thing she noticed while human watching. Bad moods and personalities dragged others down. She didn't want to be in the latter category, so she wouldn't let words and implications her insecurities were drawing affect her. It might make her seem like a lesser dog than some of the others, but if they underestimate her and can't see anything beyond the surface, so be it. They probably had good reasons for being mean, anyways.

She nodded her head in recognition of Kane, and turned to the mix again when he wanted to help, "You can help me with my side, then. I'm Penilla. Pin to my friends." She saw no point in using more energy than she had to in this situation, and it was probably a good idea for both of them to keep out of Nikita's side for a while. Pin wasn't sure what set the other off, but there was no point in making it worse. She wondered about the personalities of the others. Were they all hot tempered or unforgiving? Such a pack would never work. Each dog held value, no matter how weak or foolish they seemed. It was up to the masters of a practice to discipline and train others, to diminish the foolishness and to bring out the brilliance of their strengths. She grew up with these principles, but she would be tolerant and understanding of other upbringings and pasts.

Before she could get a hold of a leg, another dog came up to them. She looked to Kane, staying silent, knowing he, or even Nikita probably should answer. Judging by Kane's earlier actions, though, he would probably be the one to respond.
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 12:21 am

The young fae pranced through the wilds on light paws, her head held high and her tail streaming out behind her. A perpetual smile was plastered to her maw, as though nothing in the world could bring down her spirits. Since leaving the farm she hadn't met with anyone, nor come across anything of great interest. But everyday she rose with the sun and hunted down something to fill her belly, then made tracks until sunset. She wasn't quite sure what she was looking for, but she knew she would find it when the time came. For now she just put more distance between herself and the farm every day, knowing she could never go back. Parting from her family had been a difficult thing at first and she missed them dearly, yet she knew it was what she was meant to do. Now that she was on the move she felt free and spirited.

One thing that she was certain of was that she needed to find companionship before the cold season came - she remembered the snow, the frigid nights and hungry days when she was young. Just a whelp. Even curled with her brothers and Mum, the season had sapped all of the heat from her body. She couldn't imagine spending those nights alone. Still, she was in no rush, and her days were just spent surviving and exploring new territory. Every now and then she had come across the scents of other canids, but they were all wild and savage beasts, nothing but thieves and scavengers. She wouldn't have anything to do with them.

When she caught the scent of something different, she felt a spark of excitement in her heart. The boundary line at the edge of this territory was something much more familiar than the stench of wolves and coyotes. Here was a territory owned by dogs. She grinned. She had never met anyone outside the farm, so this was going to be very interesting. She sat down for a moment at the scent marker, grooming over her coat in hopes of making a good impression. She'd been on the move so much, she hadn't taken much time to sort out her loose hair and accumulation of dirt. Once she felt satisfied, she shook herself out and gave a nod of determination, then stepped into the territory. She moved swiftly, but didn't want to look like she owned the place, so she kept a modest posture and her senses alert for any approach. As she moved further on, the smell of a fresh kill filled her nares, and her mouth began to water. Licking her lips, she pressed on, until voices could be heard. She perked up and couldn't help moving a little faster, eager to meet the residents.

At last she bounded upon the scene, then stopped dead in her tracks, glancing around at all the different faces. She was surprised and curious for the variety of canines surrounding the downed prey. The dogs seemed silent now, and the atmosphere held a serious air to it. She wondered what they would think of her sudden appearance. Pressing down any bit of doubt, she smiled, waving her tail in the air. "Well hey there!" she called out, wondering if there was someone in particular she should address, "You folks welcoming any newcomers?" She tilted her head, hoping she hadn't interrupted anything - this could be her new home and she was eager to be accepted, so even she felt a twinge of nerves as she waited for someone to notice her.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 12:59 pm

Would they kill him? The boxer-pit waited for the coming blows, or to be chased out of the territory, as it had often happened back in the City. But instead, the female who had taken him out of the mud, was the first to speak. She... wanted to help him? Why would she do something like that? He had almost killed her. He wanted to ask her, but was cut off by the borzoi, her voice thick with an accent he wasn't familiar with, but it managed to frighten him nonetheless. Despite what the female had said to him, he kept his head down and tail tucked. He didn't meet the borzoi's eyes.

Then, the rhodesian that had thrown him spoke up, to which he could only nod. He already knew of the dog's great strength, and he wasn't willing to test it again. He came to his flank, as ordered, the top of his head just reaching the top of the other dog's shoulder. He looked to the boar on the ground, its innards torn out by this gang's vicious leader, and the two that were to be dragging it. "I can help," he piped in. He wasn't sure if he was going to get smacked for it or not, but it didn't seem fair to him that they would walk on while they dragged behind. That, and he had almost ruined what they had, and he knew he would have to make up for it somehow. "I'm strong."

Jack heard Nikita bark for him behind him, and he ignored it. He had given them the order to eat, so why weren't they going to? What were they waiting for? He didn't know and he didn't care. If this had been an old pack in the City, they all would have eaten at the first chance given. They should be grateful that I'm so generous, Jack thought. He had helped them and asked for nothing in return. He could fend and hunt for himself. There was absolutely no reason for them to wait for him to have the first bite. The stupidity of it all made his lip curl, the ball of anger still in his stomach; he was growing ever-restless. Something needed to be done soon, with the lot of them, and the reason that they were here. He was not at all satisfied with just surviving in the wilds.

The german shepherd came upon a small clearing of tall, ancient redwoods, and paused in his travel. He had seen these dens when entering the lands; the grass had grown over the mounds, and a wide stump served as a pedestal of sorts. Jack was instantly on his guard, searching for any sign of habitation by anything else, but found nothing significant. He sniffed the stump; the scent was old - years old - but he could still pick up that it was a wolf pack that had been here. Not anymore, he thought, lifting his leg and claiming the area. This was dog territory now, and he would make sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:04 pm

Kane watched with keen eyes as the boar was dispatched, a moment of profound silence right before Jack's temper snapped which Kane knew it would. They could only watch his rage as he cowed the young dog into submission. He did not fear for the brutes life, he knew that although rash and hot headed Jack would not be so foolish as to kill a potential packmate. And just like the he snapped back into his usual boorish self, anger still rolling off in as he barked at them to eat and stalked off. The rhodesian's eyes moved to the young dog who was stammering an apology in his direction. He was saved from replying as Penilla stepped forward and spoke to him more gently than he had expected considering she was the one who had been in the most danger prior.

He made no comment when Nikita spoke up as well more scathingly and called the others to eat. The recent excitement had his blood up and he disliked how curt the fem was and so striding over to her he growled loudly in his chest nipping at her muzzle in an act of dominance that was not harsh but firm. Jack might have stormed away and that left him the next highest ranking pack member and he would not deal with fuss. "We will not eat so far away from our dens, Penilla and Nikita, bring the boar. You.." His attention now on the young dog. "Don't grovel, it's unbecoming, follow to my flank and stop quaking with fear else you will set off somebody's rage even further." With that he began moving off waiting for the others to follow. He would see what was the deal with this youth and what his errand was. Did he come from the city? Would more follow? Kane could only hope..

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Nikita was grateful their leader moved so quickly to dispatch the boar's underbelly. She had dodged out of the way but she still had bruises and a few minor nicks from where she was caught by cloven hooves in the struggle.  When the boar quit moving she sensed their leader's anger and released the leg of the boar in it's death throws as she watched Jack turn on the dog that nearly cost them everything. Their meal..and possibly their safety as well. Though in her mind Penilla was just as much in fault. The young dog shouldn't have let the newcomer distract her. Lives were at stake. Live and learn. She sighed hearing Jack's rage and watched him move off. 

She didn't blame him. She had advantage over the others here in the fact that she had hunted in packs ...she knew hierarchy...though eating her own kill was still hard. The blood in her viens was bred to kill but not eat...and though the hot blood in her mouth tasted delicious she waited. 

Jack had told them to eat, yet she waited still. 

Turning her head she listened to Penilla and the cowering new comer. She shook her head with a snort. "You will learn quickly out here..." She commented. "Or you die." It was simple really. She looked after her leader and felt the urge to seek him out. 

Nikita then barked loudly. Calling all within earshot to come and feast.

She was not a wolf. She did not howl.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 1:09 am

The shepherd and rottweiler mix was busy staring at the unknown dog after Jack had killed the boar. She didn't go for the meat yet, unsure about hierarchy and, having been exposed to wolf rankings, decided to wait until Jack made a move or said otherwise. Looking at what currently caught her attention, she noticed his youth while Jack chewed him out. Suddenly, their leader left them, and the other dog was blubbering an apology.

Despite her irritation, she couldn't help but feel a bit bad now that the danger was over. He was still dense, but... that was fixable, right? She wasn't sure if it was some sort of motherly instinct but she took a few steps towards him, saying, "You did put us in danger, and you should have paid attention to your surroundings, but since we're all alive, I think most of us can put it behind us as long as you shape up. This place, although free of humans, is very dangerous, and you'll die unless you use all your senses." Penilla was quick to lose her anger, rarely one to be furious for long periods of time.

With a more friendly smile, she said, "If Jack lets you stay, what say I help you out? You'll need someone to teach you if you want to survive out here. I had someone who was my mentor... a bit of a sadist, really, but I can come up with better teaching ideas." This dog somewhat reminded her of one of her sisters. A timid one who shadowed anyone who'd tolerate her. It was somewhat annoying, but adorable at the same time. Not that she was looking to adopt someone as a younger sibling.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Mud and leaves flew up as the boar crashed to the ground, thundering beneath the dogs that tailed him. Jack saw Penilla leap and tackle the pig, and Nikita dodge out of the way just in time, but grabbing a leg to keep him down and expose the fleshy stomach. The German Shepherd seized the moment, ducking beneath a slashing hoof and diving for the belly, jaws wide and clamping down on the toughened flesh. A wretched, angry squeal erupted from the boar and he struggled to stand, but his leg remained in Nikita's mouth, even as he thrashed his head, tusks flailing. Jack ripped the stomach open like a feral beast, yanking out the insides so that they spilled next to his paws, his chest soaked with blood. Soon enough, the boar released a final groan, giving in to death. The battle was over.

But what had happened was not. Seething with rage, Jack's dark eyes whipped over to where the dog that had caused this struggle was. He watched as Kane threw the boy aside with a brutal amount of force, as if he were a creature that were three times bigger than himself. The caramel-colored mix tumbled, blinking in confusion, ears flattened, and then his golden eyes met Jack's, and Jack's charged for him. He shoved the dog into the earth, a furious snarl curled on his black lips, his temper no longer withheld. "You foolish pup!" he roared, snapping his teeth in his face, saliva and blood splashing onto the flinching dog's cheek. "Who the fuck do you think you are, barging in on a hunt like that? Do you have any idea as to the damage you could have caused?"

"I'm sorry!" the boy whimpered, tail tucked, his legs pulled to chest; a complete coward. "I... I didn't mean to!"

"Shut up when I'm talking!" Jack snarled, to which the boxer-pit could only shrink even further beneath him. Then, Jack's wild temper lowered into the seething, brooding hessian he usually was, glaring at him with seedy eyes. "Listen to me. Listen to me really fucking good. If you ever endanger my dogs again, I'll tear your fucking head off, understand? There's only one reason I'm letting you walk around with it right now. And it's that I'd rather tear it off myself than some wolf. Got it?"

The dog said nothing and nodded his head. Jack snorted and abandoned him then, as if he were a piece of rotting meat. He wasn't even hungry anymore. He could feel the other dogs looking at him, and his temper surfaced again. "What are you looking at?" he barked, tail curled over his back. "Eat!" And with that, he turned away, heading for the southern dens. The heat and humidity wasn't helping him. Those dens would offer the cool shade beneath the redwoods and crisp, cold water from the bordering Tirisfal Mountains. He knew that the other dogs would follow, given the time. He needed to see who was still willing to follow him, that is. This whole out-in-the-wilds thing was becoming more difficult than he anticipated. In the City, he would have dogs joining his side in seconds. Out here, it was as if they didn't know what the hell they were doing with themselves. It was incredibly frustrating, and his patience was thin. What would it take to bring this pack together?

As the leader of the gang vanished to the South, the boxer-pit mix stood amongst the very dogs he had just endangered. His tail was tucked and his head was so low that it touched the forest floor. He was terrified that the German Shepherd would come back, and even more terrified of what he would do now. He had met dogs like them in the City before, but he had always run away. He was just a pup, back then, and in a way he still was. His paws were still a little too big for him and he often forgot how large he was becoming. "I'm sorry," he whimpered, amber eyes going to the muscular Rhodesian that had thrown him, specifically. "I... I didn't mean to cause any harm... I was chasing..." But his words fell short. There was no excuse for putting them in danger, even if he didn't know it. "I'm sorry. I really, really am. Please... Don't kill me... Forgive me..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Nikita felt relief flood through her as she watched Jack grasp what she was trying to get across. She had aid in securing the boar now, it wasn't trying to spin to gouge her with it's tusks. She heard Jack's roar come next for Penilla.  Her own eyes scanned quickly to see if she could spy her pack mate, blood filling her mouth with a hot metallic tang. 

The boars squeals were growing louder and louder...seconds ticked by...Hurry Penilla...she thought. Suddenly she felt a shift. The boar was stumbling and she danced out of the way as the pig fell with a hard thud in the slurry underneath. 

"Hurry! Ze BELLY!" She yelled and she moved to grab a rear leg go help expose the great hog's underside and to keep it from getting up too quickly. If they could tear out the belly then all they would have to do is wait if it got away...eventually it would bleed to death. Better yet if they were able to rip out some of the entrails.

The boar thrashed violently knowing it's impending doom. This was being weak. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wretches & Kings [MB]   Wretches & Kings [MB] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wretches & Kings [MB]
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Hamara Archive :: HS►-
Jump to: