Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mate wanted

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Mate wanted - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:22 pm

She trots over to him. "Ember. Ive been thinking..." Her voice is unsure, wondering how Ember will feel. She finally manages to squeak out. "I-I want to have pups with you." Comes out in a nervous rush.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 am

Ember smiles and says " I do to. "

THREE WEEKS LATER

Quest was in the den. She just became pregnant . In her stomach 2 little pups lay. Ember pushed some caribou in the cave for Quest to eat and said " hows it coming? "

Last edited by White wolf on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:34 pm

"Thanks, good." She buries her muzzle in the food, "wolfing" it down. "Wanna go for a walk or run? I need to strech my legs."
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Pawprints : 442

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:36 pm

Without saying 1 word Ember dashes forward. He waits for Quest to follow him through the icy storm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:52 pm

She grins a wolfy grin and lopes after him, reveling in the strech of her leg muscles. The ice doesnt bother her, but it sends a chill through her. For some reason it gives her a bad feeling.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Ember can sense something is wrong with Quest so he stops and says " Is there something wrong? "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:49 pm

She looks around, feeling the cold biting her fur. "Nothing Ember." She tries to shake off the feeling.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 3:58 pm

" Are you sure? " says Ember. " Are you cold?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

"Really Ember. Im fine." She feels the snow falling harder and faster. "Though we should head back, the storms getting worse." She turns tail and trots back, feeling the cold biting through her fur more than ever. She trots into the den, Ember at her heels.

They lay down, curled up together to keep warm, and fall asleep.

Quest wakes up early in the morning, feeling something was wrong. She turns her head to the den entrance. She gasps at seeing the ball of white. She walks toward it, but gets pushed back by the boulder-like wall of snow that formed at the entrance. She gallops to Ember. "Ember! Wake up! EMBER! Wake up!" She nudges him with her nose.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 2:21 pm

" What! " said Ember. " Oh sorry... I was having a nice dream then you woke me up." Then ember saw the big wall of snow. His jaw drooped and his eyes did not blink. He stared at the wall. His eyes never moving and body as still as stone. Eventually he snapped out of it when a chill ran down his spine. It was freezing cold in the cave and he could see that Quest was cold too. Ember let his fluffy white fur warm Quest but he was still worried. What about food, water. If the pups were born what would they eat! Under his breath he whispered " please snow, melt. Lives of pups are on the line!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 4:20 pm

Quest gets up with a shiver and walks up to the wall of snow. She licks some up, which quenches most of her thirst. If only it fixed hunger.She thought. She starts digging at the snow, trying to make a hole.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 7:35 am

Ember sees Quest struggaling and starts to dig when he hears a sound. It was a low deep growl. Ember knew what it was because it had killed his parents... a bear! Ember started to nuzzleQuest and said " ummmm... Quest... there's something in the cave... " suddenly Ember could hear the bear's pounding feet getting closer to them. " DUCK!! " Said Ember as he pushed Quest on the ground! But when they turned around there was no bear. Just a cub. Ember felt embarresed but if there's a cub there must be a mother bear somewhere. " Where is your mommy? " said Ember. " Don't have one " said the cub.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am

Quests motherly side kicks in. "Poor cub. What happened to her?" She questions gently, pulling the cub close and licking the top of its head.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:30 pm

Before the cub could say a word Ember aggresivley pushed the cub aside and said to Quest " if we keep the cub he will grow up, become big and kill us and our pups. Or the cub's mother will find him and kill us. WE CAN'T TAKE HIM IN!!!!! " Ember's eyes were red and staring at the cub but then he saw Quest and his eyes turned back to ember and he backed up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:55 pm

"Ok." She was slightly miffed at how mean he was being at the cub, but she knew he was being protective. "But maybe we could watch him until the snow melts and we can get out. I doubt his mom is in this cave right now."
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:32 am

Ember then gave Quest the look that a pup gives to their mother when they say " but... but mom!" Soon Ember found out that puppy eyes don't work anymore so he gave up and said " we can keep the cub if she doesn't hurt or kill our pups."
Suddenly a mouse scampered across the cave floor and Ember caught it! " take this" said Ember as he handed over the mouse to Quest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 2:30 pm

"Thanks, but you sure you dont want it?" She questions, dangling the prey from her jaws. She uses her strong jaw and sharp teeth to cut it into three pieces, shoving one to Ember, the cub, and keeping one for herself. "I wander how long it will take for this snow to melt." She comments, bending down and eating her portion.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:30 pm

Ember gave the cub a stern look. He never had liked bears because one had killed his parents. " the cub needs a name." said Ember. " How about Darkfur because caves are dark and we found him in a cave" said Ember as he slurped up his piece of mouse. He was so glad that he could finally eat. The tender, sweet, juicy meat tingled his tongue. The flavors warmed his mouth and sparked a bit of energy in him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 4:09 pm

"Sure." She turns her head to the cub. "Do you like that name?" She giggles when he nods his head to fast and hard, and ends up felling onto his face.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 9:27 am

Ember usually has a straight face but even he started to laugh! " We should get some rest'. " said Ember with a smile. The scar on his side was now just a faint line. He had completely forgot about it since he became Quest's mate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 pm

"Yeah." She yawns, her tounge curling out of her mouth. She shivers and curls into a furry ball, her tail covering her mouth. "Sweet dreams Ember. I love you." Her eyes close as she drifts to sleep. "I hope the snow melts soon." She murmers.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Ember begins to curl up and shut his eyes when he spotted Darkfur. " You know. Your not as bad as I thought you were kid. " said Ember with a smile " Goodnight Quest. I love you. " said Ember. Under his breath he then said " I love you more then life itself. " Then he fell in a deep sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:38 am

Quest falls down into a dark abyss. Her paws scrabble uselessly against the ink black air. A behemoth rises, barely missing her, one of its many gigantic teeth scrapeing her stomach.

Quest jolts awake, her paws scrabbling against the hard rock as they had been through the air in her dream. She hisses as the pain from her dream comes back again, a quick pulse, then dissapears, leaving no remaining pain. She looks around to see Ember gone, probably hunting. A mental cheer goes through her head as she sees most of the snow is gone from the entrance of the den.

The cycle repeats, pain coming and going, the amount of time between pulses getting smaller with each dose of pain. Suddenly she feels extreme pain in her lower area as a small, wet pup slides out. She howls out, calling for Ember. She manages to turn her head and look at the gorgeus silver she-pup before the pain returns. She hisses as she feels the pain again, minutes later, and a small half black half white bru-pup comes out.

Her call echoes again. It breaks off in the middle as the pain climaxes again and a black boy pup slips out. The pain continues for another five minutes before coming anywhere near the next climax. The agony sky rockets as a black she-pup with white cloudish markings enters the world.

Quest rests her head when the pain finally stops, thinking the pups are all out and her work, for now, is done. She grimaces as she feels the pups wiggle around, looking for her milk. She lifts her head and wearily uses her muzzle to softly guide them to her stomach and their first feeding.

After almost a half hour of labor, and almost ten minutes after the last pup was born, her body shakes with another contraction. In Quests head, her instincts tell her this isnt right. This one seems to be worse then the others. A scream, almost louder then her previous calls, echoes through her clenched fangs as an over sized grey male, a perfect mix of her black and his white, slides out. This one, however, lays still, not squirming, wiggling, yipping, or yelping like the others had. A still born. She can faintly see that his fur was shorter than the others, and he had probably frozen to death during her walk or during the night. A sad sigh echoes through her teeth as the pain finally fades, along with all the other physical signs of labor.

She rests her head, but stays prepared incase another pup comes. Her belly, almost back to normal size, stays still, her pain is gone, and no more pups are sliding out from her. Finally she lays her head down with a sigh and closes her eyes, exhaustion overtaking her as she fell asleep, her dreams untouched by the previous one.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:43 am

Ember heard Quest's screeches and howls and he left the elk he was hunting be. He began sprinting forward when he saw Quest sleeping. For a moment relief spread on his face. The howling was probably all in his head. But then he saw the pups, including the still born. Just the thought of the pain Quest must had felt made a chill run down his spine, so to comfort Quest, Ember laid next to her to keep her warm.

OOC: I can't believe you wrote all that!!! I'm very impressed!!! Wow!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:45 pm

OOC: Thanks!I was half asleep, I dont even know what I wrote! It was one something in the morning. Its was so dark I couldnt see my keyboard. Shocked This post looks so tiny after reading my last one.

BIC: Quest shifts at Embers touch. Her eyes blink slowly open as she wakes. She turns her weary head and looks at the pups at her side. She scans the cave, and vaguely wonders where the cub went, but shes too tired and happy to care.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:57 pm

Ember smiles but quickly wears a straight face and says " I'm sorry that I could not come fast enough. You must have been in terrible pain! As for Darkfur... you might not want to know. "
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm

She stands up, careful not to disturb the, now sleeping, pups by her side. She nuzzles the side of his face. "S'ok Ember. I'm just glad there were no serious complications." She turns her head and looks sadly at the still born. "What should we do with him?" She yawns.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mate wanted   Mate wanted - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mate wanted
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next