Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

--Hoist the Colors High [MB]

Go down 
+15
Bear
Sheawolf88
WarriorWolf
_Sensable_
Shadowed
wretched
Moohn
EDITOR
Starrlight
Morbid Joke
FoSsY
Cowgurlup0522
akkanatrum
aspenofthedell
Silent
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1199
Registration date : 2009-01-11

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:49 pm

Jack could see the gears turning in Yana's head, calculating the odds and the numbers. The sort of skills and strategies it would take for these Midnights to complete this task. Yes, it was highly dangerous but Jack nodded solemnly when the hessian accepted the position. Brave. But then, that's what a pack was right? A family unit that stuck together, lived, fought, loved and died together. Thats what it meant to be pack. He touched him on the shoulder with his nose in a sign of respect. "And we would be honored to have you. Now come." So he proceeded to trot forward until he found what he was looking for. The big hessian, Junior sitting alone. He paused and then cleared his throat to alert the brute to their presence. "Junior, Liar asks for you. Then I wish to speak with you after as well." He watched him carefully, unsure how he would react. Since he showed up and all the events that occurred it was an uneasy truce.
Back to top Go down
_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:42 am

Junior looked forward not even acknowledging Jack at first. He sat there for a second letting the mist his his face "Now I'm wanted... No when questions need answers. Now when all is lost you wolves come to me." He looked down to the water staring at his reflection in the little puddles on the rock. "Funny" Was all he said. He was cold tords them. He was mad at them. For years he had rained king over these lands for years he protected his pack. Even against his own kind and they judge him for one mistake. One time of weakness. His eyes flashed royal blue and stayed there. His nice days where done "I will speak to her. and to you. But after I am gone." He lifted his form moving off the rock to where the smell of Lair was. "What is it you wish from me?" He said in a calm cold tone. His love for this place was strong but perhaps that was the problem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:16 pm

--Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Trista15

Tristan was nearing the pack once more. His side began to cramp as he ran with his mouth clamped shut, forcing great amounts of air in and out of his nose. Shortly, he arrived. His focus was on Liar, setting the comfrey and poppies where she could reach them without stress. He nudged her gently, feeling terribly sorry for her condition, and moved on. He could only handle so much of getting close to the others here. It wasn't her fault, but he just hated the pull this place had. He didn't want to be here, but the memories called him. He finally turned his head to see Junior. It had been a long time. Ages. But he remembered him. He had smelled him first, but he was on Tristan's blind side, and now seeing him made things much clearer. But once again he moved on. There was nothing special, nothing of meaning truly between them. A nod, and nothing more.

While Jack waited on Junior's time, he hobbled his way back to the alphen and calmed his breath. "Jack, do you have any more use for me in this place? I -I can't stay here long, and I'm feeling rather useless. Perhaps when I go to Midnight Meadows I can send news of what has happened here. They seem the best allies in a time like this. After Damean Jager's latest alliance, it seems their new king may actually have some sense." He looked around and waited. If Jack needed him, until sunrise was the absolute longest he could bear to stay.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Pawprints : 1343
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 1:55 am

Liars attention was all over the place. She had felt somewhat a numbness in her side thanks to the aid she had gotten from everyone. But her main focus was the familiar strange but memorised footfalls of Junior. When they finally came she stood as best as her broken form would let her, remembered her words and then quickly stood stronger infront of her father, Yana, Tristan...all of them. "You know Junior you call us all weak and blind when we don't care to attempt any knowledge of you Midnights. You're a mechanical breed...did you know that. The compasion, the pride you all have, it's not for everyone else...for if it was Junior, wouldn't you have aided us and not scolded us for your kind...?" Liar took a sharp breath pain shooting along her side. "Your kind have taken my babies...your kind have injured me, your kind have caused way to much pain and ignorence amongst the wolves of fire and ice that it makes me sick. Your kind..." She took another breath as another wave of pain came. "And yet, if it's so true that your kind is so strong, so powerful, then how in the hell do you explain that our kind still stand strong after murder and theft? I swear on my own soul and body that when I get my daughter back, and don't ever doubt I wont, if it's now, or three days, or months, or a year...when I do. I'm coming for your head first...then your brothers...then your sister...and her children...and her childrens children...until every last one of them is dead...Do I make myself clear, you're first Junior...you will be first...by my paw...my spawns paw...or by my uncles kins paw...I will come after you... and I will find you...and I will kill you."

Liar stood there wait, not knowing if he'd blow up like before, or leave. She didn't care. She was quick, she was witty and at this point in time she was a mother on the edge of darkness and would love nothing more then to kill him right now... His kind... they wouldn't help...none of them would... it was them who planned to kill her, no it was HIM who planned to kill her so long ago and now... and instead they took her babies... cowards... to afraid to take her on themselves that they attacked her children firstly... "They've awaken a beast..." she whispered ... "Shoulda killed me when you had the chance... when you were ordered too..." She rolled her eyes and shook her head at him. If he attacked she had enough adrenalin in her now to fight back as best she could. Her side throbed in pain but for some reason her heart was on fire and she wanted to growl, snarl, grab fur, rip heads of and gouge eyes out... a mother on the edge...
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
_Sensable_

_Sensable_

Number of posts : 300
Pawprints : 578
Registration date : 2009-01-13

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 5:11 pm

His form shook blindly. The power of his rage was one thing that he tried to keep calm. " For you and for this pack I turned my back on what you call my kind." He shifted his weight letting his royal blue gaze fall only on her. "My kind killed your whelps to set there place amongst the war that is to come. And they did it in these lands under your watchful eye. They did this in front of you. Seek them and you will parish. You will live your last breaths never to see your family." He was fed up done with following the rules he set for himself. "Your kind is weak... The midnights feed of the drama you give them the power you lack. YOU liar are there entertainment. You are something to laugh at. Something to say look what I have done" He laughed out loud " You will never kill me little lady or anyone of my breed. You guys fail at attempting to protect your young what makes you think in anyway you can ever kill one of my kind." His fur stood on end his massive form easily towering over hers. "I my dear have more control then others of my kind. If not you would have suffered the same fate as your offspring." He moved closer to her. "Harmi is laughing at you... He is toying with you and your pack. He could have easily killed you before taking your pup. He wants you to go after him." He moved himself away from her. "Good luck on you mission but you will end up dead" He snorted at her moving to the border taking his time. He feared none. And cared not of any. He did nothing wrong but was looked at as if he did.He cared not anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.victorialinepitbulls.webs.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:23 am

It was her time to shake, his words came out and smacked her in the face like a venom of snakes trying to kill her. Her throat began to rumble as he said it was her fault and she felt more anger and rage in her body then ever before. Her fur stood on end, her ears pulled back and her lips revealed white teeth she herself had never set upon someone before...until now. He turned to leave and every fiber in her body was telling her to attack him, kill him. Blame her. Blame her pack. Blame her. Taunt her. That's what he wanted, they needed to get Damean's bloodline out of the way, it was why Damean was dead, her children, her...Damean was the missing link. Her eyes darted from Jack and Yana and Tristan in a flurry of gazes that were too blurred for her.

Then she broke. Her body contorted and she let out a deadly howl into the sky one unlike her voice. And as the song ended she herself took flight and chased after Junior. She would die, no, he was wrong, she would kill him and he would die. Her body tore through the lands until his scent came strong and she spotted him. "Coward" she bellowed, and felt herself surge forward to tackle the brute, have him turn, have him push back into her, she didn't care, she'd feel pain and give it in return.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 10:36 am

Red was sure Junior had forgotten of his presence. He had backed off a bit when it was clear he and Liar were going to... converse, but he was nearby. Not that it did any good. Then, Junior started to leave, and Liar bounded forward. The maned wolf took some steps forward, calling out for her to stop, to try to prevent her injuring herself further, but she appeared to have a sudden rush of adrenaline, making her too fast for his more calm reaction.

Yana had glanced at Jack, then followed Junior. His intention was to make sure Liar was alright. He hadn't gotten a good chance when he returned in his haste to talk to Jack. He stood at a distance, and wasn't able to hear their words at first, but when they spoke louder, he heard each word clearly. "Liar!" He called. He almost added to think first, but who knew of the other would understand what he'd be really trying to say. He glanced at Jack, not waiting. If the alpha had appointed him guardian, guard he would attempt.

With practiced movements, he lunged forward, some of Junior's words running through his head. His headache was almost forgotten as he followed Liar. Unlike Liar's body actions, his own reflected a lack of intent to kill, or even of harm, just to protect. His soft growl was more of a warning that he would attack to harm if Junior were to attack Liar. A wary eye trained on the two, his body ready for confrontation. He would have tried to fend Liar off, but she seemed to be in a state where she'd try to fight him off to get to the Midnight. He was on shaky ground just lingering near them, but he was trying to keep a major confrontation from occurring.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:33 am

Jack returned Juniors gaze with his own steady one. He was now bitter but perhaps Junior did not realize quite what he had done to them. It had seemed as if he had turned against them, he had brought this pack to the attention of his brethren. When they only wanted peace and now Liar's pups...his grandchildren..were...save one...Jack nodded his head respecting Junior's choice to leave. How sad it was that they used to be such good friends. He followed behind Junior and then stayed back as he went to speak with Liar. He was then approached by Tristan. The brute seemed nervous and more than a bit edgy. He spoke of leaving and Jack frowned. So soon? Searching the hessian's face he nodded. "That would be good of you to relay that message. And Tristan...You are always welcome here, I hope you know that." Stepping forward he touched the brutes shoulder with his nose and nodded his head in a sort of farewell gesture.

But his attention was snatched away by the scene that was being played out between Liar and Junior. She was threatening him...threatening the Midnight breed. "LIAR!" Jack barked, anger suddenly coursing through his body. But before his words could take effect there was a retaliation and Junior was walking away, Jack felt relief for a split second but then Liar, she had snapped, there was no other explanation, she went hurdling after the Midnight but Jack was in stride right next to her and tackled her before she could reach Junior. Standing over her while on the ground she snarled. "As your Alpha and your father I command you stand DOWN!" He knew she was hurting on the inside, knew they all were. She had lashed out foolishly with her words and made their position all the more precarious. Her vow was ridiculous, she could not kill the Midnight breed, he would not allow it. To attempt something would mean the loss of his daughter...and he couldn't live with that. So he did what he had to now, he would lay down the law on his child, not born of his body but he loved her all the same. The poor pup that he had kidnapped that was now broken.

Broken because he was not there to watch over her. Jack would not let anything else of his to slip out of his grasp so easily. He would be the alpha that was needed for these lands. And if he had to set a guard to Liar until she grasped her senses once more than SO BE IT. She knew her actions would not be sanctioned by Khalon either. She was NOT going to get herself killed. So he stared down at Liar, one of the most precious things in his life, with a heated glare that earned him alpha rank, mouth twitching fighting the urge to punish her further like he would with any other pack member that acted so rashly. He only hoped Junior's so called control withstood this moment and he continued to walk away. Jack did not get his chance to talk with the brute, but perhaps someday he would...
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:15 am

It hurt...it all hurt but the physical hurt came as nothing compared to the look Jack gave her now. As a daughter she would have felt guilt, as a pack member she felt shame. Her body rolled, her legs tucked, and she almost brought her tail up when a simple 'coward' crossed her mind and she rolled her head to the side and took a deep breath. "As you wish...father..." her head came up then and she whispered in his ear softly. "It's all I ever wanted left though..." she didn't know if he'd understand but no guilt crossed her this time when those words left her tongue. Ao be it, if she were to stand down then that would be it, she wouldn't say anymore, do anymore...he saved a life today, but whose life did he save? Hers or Junior, it would be a question to remain unknown till the next time they would encounter. Her eyes spotted Red...then Yana... Oh they had followed...and now she wished them to step away just incase Junior turned round...which if he did she's attempt to murder him...she had to... all of them...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 12:06 am

((It's quiet here...))

Red watched was Jack leapt to action, stopping Liar from continuing. He watched as Junior apparently kept walking. A quick glance towards Jack and Liar made him glance away, having some tact. Instead, he looked in the direction Junior had left, waiting until his form vanished from his sight before taking steps forward, past the pair, merely looking ahead, but not looking at or for anything in particular, turning back only once to catch Yana's movements.

Yana, not having the tact his pack mate had, watched the scene for a bit, after determining Junior wasn't going to turn back around. A few seconds later, he made a motion to Red and turned around, walking in the direction they had come. There was little point in lingering, and he wasn't keen on being caught off guard by any more... visitors. He would trust Red to explain where he went if Jack were to notice him absent. The pack felt quite small now, even smaller with Calypso in the lone lands for who knew how long. Shaking his head, he kept walking, checking some locations that would make ideal hiding places. At the very least, it would give the impression that these spots were regularly checked and were acknowledged by him to be ambush locations. His eyes narrowed thoughtfully at this latest thought. Was it possible to set up a trap or two around the borders... He heard of humans using such tricks, and didn't see why they couldn't adopt the idea. Just enough to alert the pack to an unknown presence.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:34 pm

It was time to calm down. Her body shook when she stood up and dirt fell from her pelt. "Red, Yana, have either of you seen Khalon?" she was now about to realise that trying to kill all the Midnights might be a bit unrealistic. She watched the pair wondering what she'd be doing now if she had all her pups with her... if they hadn't been killed, if she hadn't been taken. This was so unfair. Life was unfair... Her eyes rose up towards the sky, it was getting dark, the night would consume them all for a time being and it would be a good time to sleep. Though with a broken side she wouldn't fair very well. "I must sleep... may I have a guard... I feel... the nightmares might become real again" she sighed and limped her way towards her den.

Not here. She moved on, stepping farther away, she didn't want to be in a den. Her body took her farther and farther into the woods till the ocean couldn't be heard much anymore. The ocean reminded her of her baby... it reminded her of her mate... it reminded her of him... Him... he'd help, he would help kill them all! her body shook with slight excitment. She'd go and find him, and anyone else that would help her in this time of need...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:43 am

Red turned around hearing Liar's voice. "Unfortunately, I haven't seen him since he left." He didn't want to worry her, but Khalon being gone this long didn't necessarily mean he wasn't doing well, but he knew Liar would be worried, especially after all that happened.

Yana came back to hear Liar questioning them. He, shook his head in a negative, as he also didn't know where her mate went. She asked for a guard, and he glanced at Red in silent communication. Something was on his mind, and he wanted to follow up on it.

Catching Yana's gaze again, he nodded, unsure why the British Columbian seemed to not want to. When Liar walked off, he followed, not very surprised when she walked past her den. He briefly wondered if she'd ever step foot into that particular den again. His pace slowed a little some time after the roaring of the waves faded, leaving it much quieter, other than the sound of their steps.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:54 pm

"You know this sucks right. I dunno what I'm supposed to be doing now. Finding her once I heal?" She stopped turned and sat down sucking in a sharp breath for a moment and releasing it. "What would you do Red?" she smiled at hime. He was a good friend, always around, but he didn't get the credit he deserved. "What where is Calypso. I guess it's good she's gone but... this is stupid. No ones here except Yana, Jack, You, and me...we're all that's left of this pack, everyone else is gone... it's weird to think of" She sighed and shut he mouth slowly knowing she was talking to much at once...
Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

Number of posts : 67
Pawprints : 132
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:16 pm

Larka walked lightly through the unfamiliar territory, stopping often as new noises caught her attention, the little wolf pup was frightened and lost and wasn’t quite sure what her future held. Ever since that horrid night of slaughter she had just kept running, tears streaming down her light muzzle, not wanting to look back. She missed her parents and her pack but most of all her brother. Poor Fell must be out there looking for her now after being swept away in the river after they had escaped. Well at least Larka hoped he was alive and looking for her but that was in the past, right now she needed to find a warm place to sleep and someone to take care of her. She wasn’t even sure how to hunt. Her parents were going to teach that to her the day the attack happened.

Suddenly aware of a small rabbit in her path, she stopped and stared at it. Her ability of the sight allowed her to talk to other creatures, an ability that had started the attack in the first place. “I don’t want to talk to you and I doubt you will let me eat you, so get out hear” Larka said to the little creature before it raced away.

Larka, feeling how hungry she was laid down in a pile of leaves and let her stomach growl, hoping that everything would be ok and that she wouldn’t be wandering around lost for much longer.

Sleep soon took hold and Larka’s little body, breathing heavily, could be seen glimmering in the pile of pale leaves.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:20 pm

Red turned his attention to Liar when she spoke. After contemplating his response, he said, "That would be my first reaction, I think, in your position. After all, Khalon raced out of these lands to search. I think, if I was in your position, I'd wait until I was healed enough to get by a decent fight if need be, and search for both my mate and daughter with another pack mate if possible- preferably one who isn't as emotionally tied to the situation and can keep me thinking rationally. After all, I wouldn't want my pack mates to mourn over me over a death caused by my own turmoil of emotions. Having small numbers like these is odd, but as long as we are close with one another, I think we can pull through. Perhaps we're not alone if other packs are also being attacked. It might prove well to get some information from the outside."

Yana was going back to his original thoughts of traps. Sometimes humans came up with good ideas, despite how stupid the two-leggers could be. He didn't go all the way to the edge of the border, seeing how few wolves currently resided here at the moment. He'd bring up the idea to pull the pack borders in a bit. It was easier to protect a smaller area than a large one. There were a few places that could be covered up and hide dry leaves for unsuspecting spies to walk into and possibly alert the pack one way or another. While walking, he also double checked the likely ambush areas he had been looking at earlier until a scent caught his attention. Eyes narrowed, he bared his canines very slightly as he slowly approached, as he'd rather be rude and safe than too friendly and getting attacked.

It wasn't until he was closer that he realized the scent wasn't that of a fully grown wolf, and he returned to a slightly more relaxed state. Now he was able to see the youngster, sleeping on some leaves in the open. He almost rolled his eyes, muttering quietly to himself, "What are parents doing to their whelps these days... She could have at least tried to hide under the leaves to show some self-preservation..." He walked until he was about five strides away, and said louder, "Hey, kiddo, get up. This isn't a good place or time to sleep in the open. It's dangerous." He waited for a response. She had to have only recently fallen under slumber, as she wasn't there earlier. There went his ideas for some traps for the moment.

Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Larka was enjoying a peaceful dream when she heard a strange voice.

Slowly stretching and opening her eyes Larka peered up into the face of an unfamiliar wolf.

With a whimper Larka replied “I know it’s not a safe place to rest, but these days I seem to not have a place to rest, so any, dangerous or not, will have to do.” Larka yawned and sat up, staring at the large male. “You wouldn’t happen to know where I could get some grub would you? I have been traveling for a while and don’t quite have the knack for hunting yet.” She said

With a nervous grin Larka slowly inched closer to the male, hoping he wouldn’t try to attack her. Hoping he could lead her to a new home....
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Yana held back a sigh. "I guess I can catch something for you now, but you'll learn from me, or someone else in the pack later. Anyways, my name is Yana, and this pack is the Black Pearl. Stick with me where I can either see or hear you- the pack has been attacked recently, which makes it even more unsafe." He turned in the direction he last noticed a source of prey. He would take this young one to Liar after she was fed. She must be famished, or just plain lost if she would even mildly trust him enough to come closer... "Did you get separated from your parents?" Yana questioned as he walked at a pace she should be able to keep up with. It was one possibility of why she was alone and in another territory, at that. If so, he'd rather be warned if there was a pair of potentially angry parents searching for their child.
Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:07 am

Larka cautiously smiled up at him trying to judge his tone of voice. “Thank you, I would appreciate a meal, I promise not to eat all of it so you can have some too.” Her little voice whimpered.

Padding behind the large male Larka was overwhelmed by the forest’s voices and suddenly stepped closer to him until she was inches away from his flank. “My parents are dead.” Larka replied quietly, her yellow eyes seeped with sadness as she said the words she had not yet uttered since the attack.

Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 am

Yana didn't waver in his pace, but he thought over her words, noticing how close she was walking. He couldn't help but feel some sympathy. He said, "You're welcome to live with us if you'd like. There's a wolf who can take good care of you, as she should be a mother right now. What's you're name so I don't have to call you 'kiddo' all the time." The British Columbian wolf glanced down at her with a slight grin, to notify her he was kidding about calling her kiddo as frequently as might have been implied. The only reason why he was being as stiff and distant was he was currently behaving was because he was very cautious, especially with the young one in tow. A few scents were scattered, all about an equal distance from their current position. He picked the one that carried the promise of a younger animal. The adults and older animals tended to have tougher flesh to chew. Considering the season, there are bound to be some frail, young animals abandoned by parents who didn't want to take care of them. "Do you have anything you like to do when you play?" If she sticks with the pack, they could use the answer to this question to think about possible tasks they could train her for in the future, and who would be best to train her.
Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am

Larka was glad for the presence of another wolf and trudged alongside the large male with ease.

With a little jump and yip the pup replyed, in a quiet voice “I am called Larka, what may I call you?” trying not to bump into her tracker as she came down from her little jump.

"And I would be greatly obliged if you would take me in as a member of your pack, I will cause no trouble.” But as she said this she thought again of Fell and his anger after the attack, his frantic cries for her as the river swept him away, hopefully he would find a new life too and not cause trouble for her and her soon to be new pack.

Trying not to show her concern she changed to a different topic, hoping he hadn’t seen the fear in her eyes when she thought of Fell and his rage, “I like to think when I play, my mind is my greatest toy” she said with a proud voice.

Then looking up at him she asked the question that had been on her mind since he mentioned it, “Who is this she wolf you speak of, and why should she be a mother, where are her pups?” Larka asked her bright eyes full of questions as she stared up at him.

Just then she heard the voice of a small rabbit to the right and stopping abruptly said "I think there is a rabbit over here if you wanted to catch that" She hoped he wouldn't wonder how she had know as the wind was not blowing the rabbit's scent their way and had not moved from its hiding spot for some hours.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

This was an interesting pup, he thought. "I have discarded my name, but the world knows me as Yana for as long as I can remember, so you may call me that, as well. Hmm... you're a thinker, then." he commented. This was quite promising, especially since she wasn't scared to let him know. In fact, there was a hint of pride. Of course, over confidence was never good, but she was still a pup and she would understand when that pride could be played out. He was pleasantly surprised when she was able to piece together his words about Liar. "She is a young mother, daughter of the alpha of these lands, named Liar. Things happened during the recent attack I mentioned. I guess you can say that some of her pups are... lost, sort of like you are." One of the few reasons he told her this was because she probably would wonder where Liar's pups were, as an observant pup like Larka would probably figure something was wrong if her adoptive mother to-be had milk to spare and no pups.

He didn't comment about her knowing a rabbit's location. If she wanted to keep secrets, he didn't care as long as the pack wasn't negatively impacted. Who was he to judge and question after all the secrets he himself keeps? Nodding, Yana said, "Stay here, then. I'll be back quickly." He stepped forward, his steps silent, keeping his frame low to the ground. When he was close enough to see the rabbit, he watched it, his keen eyes picking up on it's breathing patterns. He slowed his breathing to match before creeping closer, careful that any wind wouldn't blow from him to the rabbit. Each step he took was close to matching the rabbit's breathing. He wanted this done in one shot, as rabbits are fast and often difficult to predict when in motion. Pausing, his body crouched lower, as he was just far enough to avoid detection. As he suddenly darted for the rabbit, it only had enough time to realize it was being hunted and start to run away before Yana came down upon it, quickly biting down, and ended its life as quickly as possible.

He then returned to Larka, setting the rabbit down. "I don't care if you eat it all," he stated. His body still had quite a lot of energy before he'd have to eat again, being comfortably used to going without food for periods of time.

Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:24 am

Larka listened intently as Yana talked then sitting down on her haunches she waited patiently for him to bring back the rabbit. The rabbit that she could hear as Yana killed it.

Swallowing a whimper, Larka walked over to the limp creature and settled down to eat. “Thanks Yana.” She said with a grin before ripping into the warm flesh. Larka gorged herself till there was barely anything left of the rabbit. Then sitting back on her haunches she gave a little sigh and tried to lick the blood from her muzzle.

Looking up at Yana again Larka said “Ok well I think I will be ok for now, that really hit the spot, thanks, now, let’s go meet this Liar, I wouldn’t mind a new mother. Maybe I can even help find he lost pups, I am sure they are as lonsome and scared as me.” With another sigh Larka got up, careful not to directly touch the large wolf, unsure of how he would react. She was eager to have a new pack and someone to care for her again, it was no fun being a lost pup.

(This is my last post for tonight, I will be on tomorrow though , just letting you know Smile )
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:38 pm

Yana nodded in response to her thanks. Part of his attention was to an eating Larka, while the rest focused on their surroundings. When she was finished, he said, "Liar is still... a bit emotional over her pups, though. She's also a bit injured, so I think you should wait until she's doing better before you ask about her pups, ok? Perhaps you can cheer her up some and help her heal faster." As he started to walk again, this time heading for Liar's direction, he glanced at Larka, he noticed her keeping her distance, oddly considerate despite her still being a pup. After all the rational thought she displayed, though, he wasn't surprised. He was actually hoping to encounter Jack before Liar so he could let him know of the newest addition.

"You're interesting, Larka. You don't seem to behave as your age would." It was more of a comment that was an option to reply to. "Do you have any questions about the pack and such before we meet Liar?" It was easier to talk to Larka than most her age, which made him feel like he wasn't merely tolerating her, and more like casually talking to a wolf reaching their adulthood. The only difference was, Larka was younger, and sharper than some of the adults he had met over the winters he spent travelling.

Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:07 pm

Larka padded alongside Yana, still careful to not touch him, though she did move a little nearer as they went deeper into the new territory, listening to him talk of her soon to be new mother and her hardships , she sighed and said, “I am usually good with cheering others up…maybe we can help each other heal…” Larka said softly with sad eyes.

Then turning to look up at Yana, Larka turned her sad face into a half-hearted grin and said, “Interesting is a new concept, others who don’t know me would refer to me as odd or strange or a misfit, I like interesting…”

Then small silver pup walked in silence next to the large wolf for sometime before asking, “Who’s in charge, and are they nice? Will I be able to see you often when I am given to the she wolf? Are there any others my age left in the pack?” Larka took a deep breath after asking all her questions, more still bouncing around in her small cranium.

She waited patiently for Yana’s reply, hoping she hadn’t pushed the limits with Yana with all her questions.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Yana chuckled when Larka referred to his chosen word of 'interesting.' "One can be interesting at the same time as some of the other descriptions you mentioned. Surely, though, every single wolf is strange or odd in their own way. You only call another wolf, as a whole, either odd, strange, misfit, and even freak if you fear others being very different from you. That's stupid. I don't mean to sound harsh when I say this, but with or without what I find interesting about you, you're still as mortal and able to be physically and mentally injured as any other, no matter whatever abilities you have that others don't seem to. Still, it's beneficial to just accept it, and when they underestimate you, that's when you strike back and get them good. You say you're a thinker. Just play some mind games with them. Learn how to quickly judge your enemy and make them doubt your abilities.

"As to your questions, Jack and Calypso are the alphas. For now, you won't see Calypso in the lands as she is protecting her own pups. Liar considers them both parents. So, at the moment, the pups close to your age aren't within the lands now. There was a another younger than me, but I don't know where he left to, or when he'll be back, if he does. And yes, you'll still see me around when I'm not busy with my duties guarding the pack. I was actually in the middle of doing so when I found you, but there's no immediate danger right now. Why do you ask- looking for someone to talk to or train you?" He was being a bit blunt with his intentions when he asked the question, as he did have an interest in training Larka if she wanted. She had the right background, too, to be taken under his wing.

They were now passing through the area Jack, Red, Liar, and he had seen Junior off; where they had all separated. He glanced around to see if Jack was still around as he continued walking, willing to stop for the alpha if he called.

Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Pawprints : 1938

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:41 pm

Jack's eyes blazed as he looked into his daughter dejected eyes. A great sigh of relief swept through his body when she yielded to his authority but he was so so easily convinced by her actions and her whispered words to confirm that he should continue to keep a close eye on her, not that he didn't already. He growled to reinforce his command and as she stood up and began to walk again he spoke loudly with a hard voice, his eyes boring into the back of her body. "I forbid it Liar." The words echoed through woods and without another word Jack stalked off. He was going to secure his territory, small pack be damned they would maintain their land and he would put down some incentives for others to join. Heading off into the woods aggressively he would ensure that Junior had left, there were no other intruders and he would find the scent of those wolves who had entered and killed his grandchildren. He hoped that Khalon would return soon, while their numbers were small there were more males than females in this pack and it gave them a slightly better advantage. The tri-hued hessian scouted his boundaries just as the first snowflake flitted in on the oceans wind and alighted on the ground before him. Winter was coming..
Back to top Go down
Sheawolf88

Sheawolf88

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:41 am

Larka walked alongside Yana listening to him intently, nodding her head in agreement to many of his statements. A little grin coming to her maw as he talked of using mind games, that she could do for she could not only talk to other creatures but read minds as well, though she choose not to more often than not, she was a very loyal and trusting little wolf who hated to trespass in someone’s thoughts unless absolutely necessary.

When Yana talked about the pack she turned her grin into a sort of frustrated scowl before asking, “Do you think they will like me?” Not waiting for an answer right way she said, And I would like someone to teach me how to fend for myself and also how to harness my…” She struggled with the right words, not sure if she should confide in him about her ‘abilities’ just yet, afraid she would be shunned as an outcast or marked as a threat, as the pack who had attacked her family had. “…my, well my instincts. Plus I wouldn’t mind having someone to talk to once in a while.” The little pup said with a small grin.

As she talked Larka noticed that Yana seemed distracted, as if searching for something or someone. She stopped and cocked her head watching him for a while before she suddenly grabbed his tail, giving it a little tug as she mumbled “Are you waiting for someone or do you always glance around as if expecting something to jump out of the bushes at you?” the words, though understandable, were muffled by the mouth full of Yana tail, Larka's bright yellow orbs gleamed with playfulness as she held the large wolf's tail, hoping she wouldn’t aggravate him too much, but then again she had to act like a pup once in awhile…

She hadn’t had time to actually act like a pup since the attack and hadn’t had anyone to act like a pup around, she had been too busy trying to grow up in the short weeks since the attack, eating carrion, and tricking small creatures into befriending her so she could eat. An aspect she was not entirely proud of, in fact, she had so hated the concept that the rabbit Yana had caught for her had been her first meal in over 4 days, a long time for a pup of her age to go without eating, and she missed her mother’s warm milk as well as caring touch.

Remembering her mother, Larka gave a sad sigh and abruptly let go of Yana’s tail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: --Hoist the Colors High [MB]   --Hoist the Colors High [MB] - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

--Hoist the Colors High [MB]
Page 15 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fire & Ice Wolf Packs :: Archives :: Black Pearl Archive :: Inner Dens (MB)-
Jump to: