Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I walk a lonley road....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Raven10

Raven slowed and looked over her shoudler at the stumbling Tyrone. "What do you mean you can't see me?" she laughed. "Open your eyes silly." She let her tail sway to and fro in a high plume over her back. "Have you never been in the woods before?" she asked and leaned over and picked a piece of bramble that had lodged itself in his ruff. She smiled and nodded. She pointed with her nose toward the creek. "Down there...see...we can drink." She said and then twitched her nose inhaling all the rich scents of the wood. "I also smell wolf scent... it seems to be old but maybe if we follow it we will find ...something." She said looking at Tyrone with icy blues.

"I'm thirsty." She said and then followed the elk trail down the hillside easily as if it was flat ground itself. She paused when she got to the bottom and smiled and then trotted to the creek and dipped her maw. SHe hoped that the wolf scent would lead to something productive....and she wondered if any pack owned these lands, she hadn't smelled the markers. Rich dark forests, such a reminder of home....she turned lifting her maw to look back at Tyrone. But she had found a new home in the desert...a harder life but...she stopped her train of thought and flicked her ears forward hearing a branch breaking across the way.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 5078765280_bff498deab

"My eyes are open!"
he barked as she picked the bramble from his scruff. "But, seriously. I was raised in the desert. This really is the forest time I've ever been in a forest... especially at night. I know to you and some other wolves it's weird, but, that's just the way it is." He followed her gaze and inhaled deeply, now both seeing the creek and smelling it. He couldn't really smell the old wolf scent he was talking about, but it was a start. Tyrone followed her down to the stream, and the deeper they went into the woods, the more he was convinced that he was physically impaired when it came to forest life. Not only was he large and his shoulders seeming to bump into every twig and tree, not only was his nose overwhelmed with scents he couldn't recognize, and not only did brambles and burrs of all kinds stick to his fur, but now there were bugs. Bugs everywhere. Mosquitoes, in particular, flying into the fleshy parts of his ear, their high-pitched buzzing like a screeching owl in his eardrum. Tyrone growled and batted the air. He was used to bugs, but these... Well, they were everywhere. "Dammit all..." he cursed beneath his breath, but then glanced at Raven. She was ignoring the bugs entirely.

He took his own drink of water, but he stopped after he accidentally swallowed three more bugs... and one of them definitely wasn't a mosquito. His orange eyes landed on Raven's sleek form once again, and despite his growing hatred of the forest, there seemed to be something... natural with her being here. His ears flicked back at this realization: Raven was a forest wolf, and he a desert one. Sure, they could adapt to each other's environments, but... it was easy to see who preferred what and who did not. But he continued to stare, yet again fascinated with her dark, lithe body. She was beau -

A breaking branch snapped his sights away from Raven. His eyes darted back and forth between the line of trees that yielded to the creek, searching for whoever was there. He inhaled, standing tall and his tail crowning over his back, taking a very defensive position. If it was a wolf coming to assassinate them or any kind of predator on the prowl, Tyrone would make certain that no tooth or claw landed on Raven. "Whoever you are, come on out!" he barked, voice deeper than it usually was and matching his incredible size. He was ready to fight if he had to.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:40 am

Raven had chuckled at his explaination of him being a desert wolf and had been about to tell him to sit and close his eyes and open them slowly and they would adjust to the darkness of the forest but the twig had snapped. Her hackles went up and then she flicked her ears back. The wind was wrong, she couldn't scent what was there. Tyrone's voice boomed through the night and a pair of half glowing eyes peered out from the undergrowth.

"That 'un thar makes enough racket to scare of everything for eighty miles." An old and weathered voice came followed by a grizzled looking figure. The wolf was thin and mangy. His one eye was glazed over with a milky film and the other a deep brown clear and glowing. He grinned and it showed his teeth, or what was left of them. "Settle ye son." He said and sat on his grey haunches. "I have no fight left in me. Heard you bumbling about and thought I would have a looksee." He said and scratched behind one ear. "Th' name is Barbos." He said and shook his pelt.

Raven watched as the elder wolf came forward. He was no threat that was easy to see....unless he had a pack. She glanced at Tyrone from behind him and waited, her blue eyes scanning the trees for any other's to come out.

Barbos just chuckled. "There be no others than me...my lovely mate died off years ago." He said wistfully and smacked his gummish jaws. "Don't get much company round these parts...what brings you two?" He arched a brow..saying two like it implied they were mates.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Tyrone's pillars stood like stone as the old wolf emerged from the forest. His ears flipped back and his nose wrinkled at the stink Barbos carried - it smelled very close to death, and Tyrone felt like he was just waiting for him to flop over at any moment. He backed up and stood next to Raven, his muscles still very tense, his shoulder brushing hers. He gazed at Barbos with orange, wary eyes. "She's not my..." he began, but then paused. He didn't have to tell this old man anything. He shook his head. "Never mind. We're looking for a wolf corpse. You wouldn't happen to know where one is, would you?" All of Tyrone's senses told him that he couldn't trust this guy... Something about him just didn't sit right.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:52 pm

Raven's blue eyes roamed the darkness. There was no other wolven. She couldn't scent nor hear anything but she was uneasy as well. Then the old codger said something about "you two" as in herself and Tyrone...as a couple..mates. She was about to protest as well but Tyrone beat her to it and his words cut her. She was going to protest as well but for some reason in her head the words sounded like ones of dislike. She took a breath. Perhaps she was over reading it. She held her tongue.

"Not your lady huh?" Barbos wheezed a laugh. "Pity maybe she will be mine then?" He cackled and scratched at a flea. Raven wrinkled her nose and stepped back a pace. "An old wolf corpse..you say? Odd request." He laughed. "Are you death? Because if you are hurry up and quit teasing me. I am old and tired." he said with a sigh. "But I didn't think death came in pairs...unless your lady is an angel to take me running on the wind." He laughed again. "But I didn't think death smelled like the desert." His scrubby tail thumped twice and he shifted his feet. "What do you need a corpse for?" he asked arching a brow over his milky eye.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:09 am

Tyrone's ears pinned back once more in defense. "What does it matter to you?" he spat, his fur ruffled by his comments about Raven. Tyrone would make sure the old coot didn't lay a single paw on her. "You asked what we were doing, I told you. Any other questions, grandpa?" Tyrone's lush tassle swayed, as if a signal that his temper was beginning to run a little high. He could sense Raven's unease as well. Before Barbos could reply, Tyrone snorted and turned his back, his eyes on Raven. "C'mon, Rae. Let's go somewhere else."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 am

Raven picked up on Tyrone's irritability and she flicked her ears back at his hash tones. She blinked her blue eyes at him when he told her "Let's go.." She glanced at the old wolf and turned her footsteps.

Barbos coughed and then looked at the pair. "Yes I wanna know why you got your tail up your ass son? I was only making polite convermasations." He said and licked his maw where some spittle flew out. "And when you asked for a corpse I was serious when you said you were looking at one. I mean look at me. I got no teeth to nab even a mouse." He called after him. "So....that's why I wanted to know what you wanted a corpse for, cause if you wait long enough it will be mine you find." He coughed again and shuddered.

Raven nosed Tyrone's shoulder. It was a possiblity.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Tyrone paused in his step, ears twisted back towards the old wolf. He turned around, an eyebrow raised. "And why do that for us?" he said, skeptical and curious now. "Are you asking me to kill you? Why not just let the Grim Reaper do it himself?" Yes, this provided an opportunity for them... but it was too obvious to tell the differences between Tyrone and Barbos. Tyrone was large, tri-colored, and muscular; whereas Barbos was skinny, grey, and weak-looking, and not to mention missing teeth. Darrel and the Brotherhood wouldn't at all be fooled.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 am

Raven turned to watch Tyrone. "C'mon Tyrone...let him be...he is Old." She said and fell quiet when Tyrone began on the old man.

Barbos snorked. "Did I ask for death you slavering idiot?" He coughed. "I said if you wait long enough you would have mine. I was only wondering why you were looking for a corpse anyway. Unless you two are cannibals...but then you would have killed me by now....and you don't look like pup killers either. Your miss is too pretty for that role." He hacked again. "Did you ever think that maybe you might get something useful by telling me what you are up to...maybe I can help?" Barbos scratched a flea again.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Tyrone paused, watching the old wolf pick at a flea... No, he hadn't at all considered that he may know something... else. Tyrone considered the options in his head... They could wait for this old wolf to die off, pick up his corpse, drag it all the way back to the Oasis, and hopefully Darrel wouldn't notice that it wasn't really him; they could just turn away now and hope to find something else in the forest; or, they could see what this old man had to say. The tri-hued brute sighed, rolling his eyes and giving in. "All right, gramps," he said, ears flicked back in annoyance. Now that he would be talking to this guy, he'd have to be patient, and Tyrone was anything but. "Since the only thing you're a threat to is the fleas in fur... We need a corpse. Preferably a fresh one with a couple of scars. Kinda young-looking, like me." He knew that wouldn't suffice, but he didn't want to risk telling him too much of their plan... What happened if Darrel traced their scents to all the way back here, and questioned Barbos? Tyrone closed his eyes, searching in his head for a good lie. "Because, uh... It's, um... It's a training ritual I got back home. Me and uh, my... friend, here, were chosen to fetch a corpse to show all the youngsters what happens after you die... Y'know, besides all the spiritual mumbo-jumbo. Know what I'm sayin'?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:10 am

Raven watched silently at the old wolf. She flicked an ear. Well it wouldn't hurt to listen...She figured...as she listened to Tyrone's lectrue to the wolf. That was an odd explaination. To show the young wolves about death? She wondered if he had actually done that in his old pack. She wondered if he had pups with his ex mate. She flicked an ear chiding herself for these thoughts. Why did her mind get in the way? Why couldn't she just love him freely and not be afraid to do so?

The old wolf flicked an ear. "A young corpse that looks like you." He repeated and you could see the gears turning in the old wolf's mind. He licked some spittle from his chin and nodded slowly. "Unusual.." He chuckled and gave a cough. "Well I can't say I know where any dead wolves are...though you may want to try looking during the day when the buzzards are out." He offered and flicked his tail. "They will lead you to the dead." He said. "But.." He eyeballed Tyrone with one eye. "If it's something else you are looking for I might be able to help you." He grinned. The old wolf was no fool. He sensed a type of panic in these two. "Well why don't you two come and rest in my home. There is plenty of game. You can catch me an elk calf as payment. There is a cat on the prowl out here. Been looking to eat me for months. Do you think you could find it in your hearts to keep an old corpse company?"

Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Tyrone raised a brow. What did this old coot mean by 'something else'? He looked to Raven, wondering if she had any idea. Tyrone's auds twisted as Barbos spoke again about the buzzards. Huh, why hadn't they thought of that? Tyrone's stomach rumbled, as if it were an automatic response to Barbos' request to catch an elf as payment for staying in his lands. He had never had elk, but it sounded pretty damn good at the moment. "I think..." Tyrone paused, unsure to make a decision just yet. Raven was being awfully quiet throughout this whole thing. "I think you'll have to give us a moment to talk this over. Excuse us."

Tyrone turned his back and walked a few paces away, motioning for Raven to follow. He wanted to trust this old man's words, but... he didn't know why he was so hesitant. Maybe it was the darkness and unfamiliarity of this forest... and not to mention Barbos had said something about a prowling cat. That didn't put him on edge at all.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 am

Raven stared at the old wolf and then nodded to Tyrone. She would follow him and blink her blue eyes as she whispered. "I don't know but really what choice do we have. I did scent cat back there." Two wolves weren't a match for a grown mountain lion. "Maybe he can help us. An elk calf shouldn't be too hard to take." She said and would glance back at the old wolf. "But it's up to you. He is....weird."

The old wolf scratched behind his ear and waited for the two young lovebirds to finish talking.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:08 pm

Tyrone sighed, clearly annoyed by the situation. "Well, if that cat shows up, we're outta here," he grunted, inhaling the thick scents of the forests as he spoke. He could faintly smell the lion - it must have been in the area only a couple hours before. "I mean, I'm pretty big and I've tangled with them before, but they aren't the fairest of fighters." He glanced over his shoulder at the old wolf, picking the fleas out of his coat or something. "But I guess you're right. We don't have a choice. And if he flops over dead while we're here... Well, if that lion does show up, at least we'll have a distraction," he said. The idea was somewhat cruel, but if it meant securing their escape, then all the better.

He turned back to Barbos, brow set. "Fine, old man. We'll help you get some dinner," he said, not entirely willing to help Barbos, but not shunning his offer, either. If anything, a good hunt would distract Tyrone from their current mission and all the frustrations he currently had.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:21 am

Raven nodded at Tyrone's words. Cat's in the forest were nothing to tangle with. They could surprise you from above or leap out from anywhere...dirty rotten fighters too. " She nosed his shoulder and gave a wag of her tail to reassure him and then looked to the old wolf expectantly. A warm meal wouldn't hurt any of them right now, that was apparent. She knew Tyrone was having trouble seeing in the dark, hopefully his eyes would adjust soon, but until then she would walk pressed to his side to help guide him as Barbos led them away.

Babos thumped his tail. "It's settled then. Come on." He said and the would pad off into the darkness, almost like a younger wolf would. A spry spring to his step. It seemed a while and the creek that they had crossed over had turned into a small river which cascaded over the side of a cliff straight down. "Now here is the tricky part." He said with a hacking cough. Slowly he would creep down the side of the waterfall. Raven's eyes went wide. "No way.." she breathed at Tyrone. But if one were to watch the old wolf he would dissapear behind the jetting plume of the waterfall. He poked his head out. "YA COMIN?"
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 am

Tyrone cast one more look at his companion; they had made a choice, and now had to stick with it. He could only hope that this old wolf wasn't tricking them in some way, like lead them to the lion or something. The forest grew thicker as he followed Barbos, his eyes growing used to the darkness and his nose beginning to sort out the millions of smells - one of them being the increasing scent of water. His eyes grew wide as Barbos led them to the top of a waterfall, cascading down over the side of a cliff. He heard Raven gasp, and he just couldn't repress a smile - it was such a beautiful sight, it was hard not to.

His ears flicked as Barbos called, suddenly down below them and seeming to dissappear behind the waterfall. Tyrone promptly stopped, fear taking over him. He looked and Raven and gave her a cheesy grin. "Uh, you can go ahead," he said, gesturing at the steep slope with one of his huge paws. "Ladies first and all."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Raven looked at Tyrone when he offered her to go first. "Fine time to become a gentleman.." She said rolling her blue eyes and then would carefully find the hidden path that lead behind the waterfall. She flicked her tail. It had looked more daunting than it actually was. She let her eyes adjust to the dark of the cave between the waterfall.

Babos would wait inside the cave until his eyes would adjust to the sudden dark and then look over his shoulder at the pair and sniff. "C'mon..we aren't home yet.." He said and would pad deeper into the cave. Raven would follow but only after giving Tyrone a curious look. Light would soon be visible after a short trek through the darkness. And the cave didn't smell damp at all, it was very fresh. Soon they would leave the cave and come out into a secluded area of wood. You could see all the elk roaming in the trees with thier calves. It was cut off from the rest of the forests by cliffs. A little oasis.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Tyrone snorted. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, laughing as he spoke. He allowed her to go first and he followed, his large paws slipping on the narrow edges of the path. He pressed himself to the wall as the waterfall roared next to him and overhead, threatening to push him off into the water far, far below. He clenched his teeth and tried to keep his eyes focused on the slope in front of him, and not on the rushing water below. "I hate this place," he muttered, trying to get traction on the wet surface. Sure, they had some waterfalls at an oasis or two in the desert, but nothing like this - nothing that required them to go behind it. He growled; it was that stupid old man, probably leading them into a trap. This wasn't his den. He wanted to eat them and kill them or go fishing for their dead bodies or something.

He finally made it to the bottom despite his uneasy way down, following Barbos and Raven through the darkness. Oddly enough, the cave wasn't wet to the touch, but... dry. Weird. He followed them as they came upon an opening, where the sun was beginning to rise on a valley. He joined Raven's side as they overlooked the valley surrounded by cliffs. "Talk about a diamond in the rough," he said, always having some quip or another on hand. He didn't care if he had agreed to help Barbos, it didn't change much about the way he felt about him. "All right, so you've shown us the elk. Now where do we take it?" he asked the old wolf, hoping he would catch him off-guard. Hell, it wouldn't surprise him if Barbos couldn't even remember where he lived because he was that senile.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 12:05 pm

Raven had flicked an ear as she looked at the bounty that was spread out before them. It was a beautiful hidden place. "Do other predators run this land Barbos?" She asked curiously wondering if they would have any competion. She glanced at Tyrone as he asked the old wolf where his den was and she swiveled her head to look at the flea ridden male. She hoped they wouldn't be staying with him.

Barbos licked the slaver from his lips and chuckled. "Wasn't what you expected was it." His old eyes twinkled...even the one that was milky white...which was disturbing. He then snorted and flicked his tail for them to follow. "This way son." He said and would pad down a goat trail and into the the velvety softness that was the dark wood. "And to answer your question dark lovley..." He said. "There used to be a big bear that lived her but I outlived the old cuss. So it's just me....since my dear mate passed three winters ago." He said and would zig zag a trail deep into the wood until one would come to a large pile of rock. "Home sweet home.." He said and grinned. "On the lee side of this rock pile there is a few dens. One of which is mine. Drag the elk close but not all the way here. Not like we got major predators to worry about."
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:26 pm

"Bear?"
Tyrone echoed, his ears alert and muscles at the ready. It wasn't a word that should be commonly uttered in these neck of the woods, he guessed. Bears were what the wolves of the forest had always forewarned about. But he swallowed his concern, knowing that he really didn't have a choice, especially if this old wolf claimed that it was dead. He glanced at Raven and snorted. "If he leads us into a bear cave, then I'm leaving him there to die," Tyrone murmured under his breath. He still followed Barbos, though, as they zigzagged through the forest and came upon the rocks. While the dens did look too small to house a bear, Tyrone knew that animals came in all shapes and sizes.

"Okay, okay," he said impatiently, tassle flickering. "We're going on the hunt now, or at least I am. See you later." He turned westward for a meadow he had seen in their passing, one where the elk had been grazing. He was really tired of all this right now.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Raven smirked at Tyrone. "Don't worry so much...if you were listening he said that the bear was dead in not so many words." She flicked her tail and would bump against him lightly with a smirk. He wasn't used to dealing with bears it seemed. They weren't bad as long as you were cautious. She would look at Barbos and then back to Tyrone when he would snap that he was going hunting. "Okay...." She said. "We will be back Barbos." she would say and then trot out after him toward where they had seen the elk herd.

After trotting in silence for a bit she would venture softly. "You alright Tyrone?" She asked.

Barbos would nod at the pair and give a chuckle as they left. Hot meat would be in his belly. He had been living on mice and shrews and the occasional rabbit. The herd hadn't been hunted in months. Yes this would indeed be a good venture for him. He licked the slaver from his jaws and would lay down in a patch of sun.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:37 pm

Tyrone sighed. "I just wanted to get away from him," he replied, orange eyes set ahead. He spotted a break in the forest, a place that lead out to the meadow. "And I'm tired. We've been travelling all night, and now he wants us to hunt? And he never said what he'd give us in return. Sorry to say, but I can't really trust him." He came upon the meadow, the sun shining down upon his tri-colored coat and striking his eyes. The wind was in his favor and he could smell the herd of elk that Barbos had been talking about.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Raven would follow Tyrone and nod. "I know what you mean. But...we can always rest first and then hunt. My paws are weary as it is. "She said stopping in a patch of dappled sun next to a large pine tree. "He isn't going to keel over if we don't come back right away anyway...and if he does...well.. " she smirked. "More meat for us." She said with a laugh. "Besides. he has already given us one thing." She said looking at Tyrone with piercing blue eyes. "A haven." She looked up the cliffsides of this hidden oasis in the mountain. "We could hide here...if we had to." she said softly.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 pm

He couldn't help but smile at her comment about Barbos flopping over dead. "Heh, we can only hope," he chuckled, but his smile was soon replaced with a disappointed frown. He shook his head and sighed. "No," he said. "Though this place is a paradise... I've learned to never doubt the Brotherhood's skills. They'll follow us. If Darrel doesn't find me, then Miranda will. She's probably already heard that I'm still alive, and will want to put me in my place, if you know what I mean." He came beside her, his shoulder brushing hers. "But for now... I could use some relaxation." He laid down in the patch of warm, dappled morning sun. The emerald grass was shimmering with dew and he inhaled, the morning smelling... crisp. Odd. He had never scented such a thing - the desert always made the morning smell dusty and dry. His shining orange eyes looked up at her, her shadow cast over him. "C'mon. Let's lay down for a while. I'm tired."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

Raven heard his chuckle and smiled but then her ears flicked backward at the mention of the brotherhood finding them....or Miranda. The name of his mate stung her a little and she gave a simple nod, not betraying her feelings to him. It couldn't be....he may say he no longer loved her...but wolves mated for life, most of the time, and if she were here in front of him from the way he described her...well..She gave a sigh and would walk out her front legs and lay beside him. She parted her lips in a yawn, flashing her ivories and would lay her head upon her paws.

"Well it had simply been a thought..." She said. "And you are right about that old wolf, there is something sneaky about that one....I just can't put my paw on it." She said and would groom a paw thoughtfully for a moment before closing her eyes with a sigh. Neither of them spotting the old mange of a wolf slipping back out the mouth of the valley.

Barbos chuckled madly as he made his way out the entrance quickly. He had gotten up and watched the two. Laying down for a rest. Perfect. It would give him time. He slipped out the cave to the waterfall with more grace than most could at half his age. His milky eye shone wickedly. "I told him I could handle it if that mutt came around." He said, spittle drooling from his chin. "The fem is a bonus to boot I am sure." He cackled and would lope out to the sands and let out a long howl. "Crows have landed .." It called. "Come feast."

A simple enough message so that if by chance someone caught ear of it, it wouldn't sound devious. Barbos smirked wickedly. He had met Darrel days before Tyrone came and the wolf had made him an offer he couldn't refuse. A place in the brotherhood of honor, where he would be cared for in his old age and be given bitches in heat to satisfy his lust. His only thing was to keep Tyrone's attention a few days and all would be his to be had. He cackled and then would slip back into the little patch of paridise and back to his den. "Yes my love.." He said when he returned and padded to the hole opening and slipped down inside. "I will be cared for you will see, you don't need to worry." He said and nuzzled a skeleton of a wolf affectionately.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Tyrone's head shot up at the sound of a howl, immediately alert. His brow furrowed. "Old coot," he huffed, shrugging the howl off. "He's probably talking to himself or something. Going crazy." He huffed, lying his head on his paws and glancing at the dark fae beside him. His tail flicked, watching her expressions shift. "Hey... Raven?" He was hesitant to ask. He didn't want to ask, but... a voice whispered within him that it was necessary. But if he did ask... would she get angry? He hoped not, his mouth dry. He looked away from her as he spoke. "Does... it bother you at all... That I had a mate once before?"

He was on the move. Darrel sprang from the dark undergrowth of the forest, his brown-black pelt melting with the shadows. "Come, Mira. Your mate awaits," he said to a similar brown-black form beside him, her orange eyes burning bright. "About damn time," she spat, frustration seething through her voice. Together, their legs carried them to the side of a waterfall where stood an old wolf, drooling and covered in fleas. The hessian kept his distance, watching as Barbos went back into the den to nuzzle a skeleton. He almost laughed - almost. He was a crazy one, that was for sure. Too easy to manipulate. "Barbos," his deep vocals called, hoping to catch the bru's attention. "I have a few questions for you."

The one named Mira snorted. "This is the one you entrusted?" she laughed. "I'm surprised he isn't dead yet." Darrel's face swiveled to hers. "He was the only one I could find, strangely enough... You would think that the wood held more wolves. I suppose they just kill more." A sly smirk formed upon Mira's blue-black lips. "I see... I see..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:15 pm

Raven would open her blue eyes at Tyrone's question. Did it bother her? Yes...but she didn't answer right away. She would lick her black lips and sigh softly. "You have a mate Tyrone. It...." She blinked and would look at the side of his face for a long moment since he was turned away from her and then look back down to the ground. "It shouldn't bother me." She tried to say to convince herself. "I mean....well..." She paused trying to catch his orange eyes for a long moment and then close her own. She gave a heavy sigh and felt her heart clentch. "Well...Why should it bother me?" she asked. "It's not like ....we are courting...or anything right?" Her voice was level and soft but her heart was thudding in her chest. He didn't see her that way did he? She would look away and off to the west to where the elk herd lay, wanting to see the look on his face but couldn't force herself too for she was afraid of seeing rejection.

Barbos would hear the deep familiar vocals and slip back out of his den and chuckle. "They are here Darrell." He panted and would swipe his tongue around his lips to catch the spittle. "He and a fea as well." He grinned and would glance at the dark beauty that was beside Darrell. "What are your questions?" He asked and would listen to the conversation between the two not fully understanding anything but the jest of him being half dead. "Yes pretty thing but know this...my milky eye has seen and done things longer than you ever will." He grinned his spaced smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk a lonley road....
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next