Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I walk a lonley road....

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 2:43 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 5078765280_bff498deab

Well, Tyrone certainly hadn't expected her life's story. It was like she had read his mind, for he had just been thinking about where she came from, and now it all lay out in front of him. He cocked his head as she walked and looked away from him, shame taking over her usually proud form. He was a patient listener, though, his ears perked forward to catch her every word, letting them sink in. He waited until she was finished, her blue eyes shining and threatening to spill tears.

He folded his ears back in respect. "That sucks..." he said softly. "I mean, I'm sorry for... what happened to you... and stuff." He couldn't think of what else to say. From where he stood in life, he wasn't sure if he had ever been in love. Miranda was... lust. Complete and utter lust, and he knew now that it would never be anything more than that. And for that, he hated her. Why bother even declaring yourself a mate to someone? Tyrone held eye contact with her, though he didn't really want to, his own past creeping into his mind. "I had a mate... once... I've probably mentioned her several times, and I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, or that she's not my mate any longer. She was good for me when I was young, but that's really all she liked about me... And she abandoned me when I needed her most. And, well, that's not a sign of a good mate at all, y'know?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 3:16 pm

I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Raven10

Raven looked at him finally when he opened his maw. "Yeah.." She said giving a half hearted chuckle. "It did suck." She said and flicked her ebony tail and shrugged. "It's not ..your fault Tyrone.' She said softly and then would stand and shaking out her pelt as if to rid herself from the feeling.

She caught his orange eyes as he spoke. He looked at her when he spoke about his ex mate. Lust...probably meant she was a great beauty too..Raven thought to herself. For all her pomp she still felt that she was inferior...if she wasn't Coal would have stood up for her. She looked at him and blinked. "I am sorry to hear that she abandoned you." Raven said softly. "That isn't a good mate at all." Different stories yet they were similar. She gave him a slight wag of her tail.

"Well at least now you know ..." She said with a shrug and letting her blue eyes fall to the sand. She felt vulnerable and yet it felt good to talk about it at the same time.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Tyrone released a great sigh in his shake and stood up, shaking his coat, and also shaking away all of the negative feelings that had suddenly collapsed on them. "Well, now that we got all that outta the way," he said, and looked over his shoulder at the mountains. "I'm thinking if we make a trip to those mountains there, we're more likely to find a corpse than out here. Though, I don't know what's over there. Probably some dangerous stuff, like bears or something."

They wouldn't be able to make the trip now, it seemed. The sun was beginning to crisp the horizon, bright orange rays slicing along the golden sand. If they left now, they'd be bacon by noontime. And, it seemed that it was at least a three-day journey. Tyrone yawned. He couldn't remember the last time he had slept, and he really wanted to return to gnawing on that rib-bone.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Raven looked at Tyrone and stood as well silently. She felt...in a way more vunerable than she ever had now that Tyrone knew her past. "Sounds like a plan to me." She agreed softly. It was better than sitting here like ducks waiting for his brother to come and eat Tyrone. "Bears aren't a problem as long as you stay out of their way." She shrugged. She had come from the deep forest. She knew about bears. Sharp nosed but they didn't see well. She shrugged.

"We should hit the shade.." She said and then trotted toward the pool. Wading out in it slowly so her pelt would soak up the water and it would help her stay cool in the shade. She glanced over her head at Tyrone and gave a wag of her tail and then she slipped from the water and went beneath some scrub and began digging a hole to get down to the cooler sand before laying down and stretching out. Her taught belly pressing against the cool sand.

She looked back over at Tyron and blinked her blue eyes and then lay her head upon her dark mitts.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 6:31 pm

"Really?"
Tyrone said, genuinely surprised. He had never really been outside of the desert, and so the heat was the most dangerous thing around. "Weird. I heard stories about bears ripping wolves to shreds and stuff. My pack never went into the forests because something about it being too cold... Meh." He shrugged, and followed her back into the shade of the Oasis. His orange eyes watched as she stepped into the water, and then dug herself a little hole and snuggled in. He stood there, tassel swaying nervously behind him. "Oh," he said, with a bit of hurt in his voice. "Uh... I thought we could... Er, never mind. I'm going to sleep over here and stuff. So I can keep look-out, in case somebody comes by." He walked over to the edge of the Oasis, laying down in a nest of fronds and beneath a gathering of palm trees. The sun was in his eyes, but he closed them, trying to ignore that weird feeling in his gut and get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Raven nodded when he asked if bears were really not that dangerous. "Oh don't get me wrong." She said. "They can rip a wolf apart easily...they just have to catch you first." She said with a flick of her tail and then looked up at him expectantly. The hole she had dug was plenty big and she expected him to come and lay with her. But he sounded hurt and then began to walk away. She licked her nose. His words earlier about mates didn't sound like he was interested in that kind of thing with her...but...

"Tyrone.." She called after him. "Nobody is going to be out in this heat. Come lay in the shade with me." She let her tail sway gently but he had already lay down by some fronds. She gave a soft sigh and flicked an ear.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:51 am

Tyrone perked up instantly when she called for him. "What? What? You want me to lay with you?" he asked, his voice like that of an excited young pup's. He practically leapt from where he was, making a mad-dash over to her snuggle-hole. "Hi!" he barked, tail wagging obnoxiously behind him... Then he remembered they were supposed to be going to sleep. "Oh. Um. Lemme just get comfy, then..." he said, tail stopping as he tried to settle down beside her. But, he found that he was much larger than he remembered. He first lay so that she was directly behind him, but then her nose got into his ear. He rolled over, but then he bumped muzzles with her, and her back left paw was in a very uncomfortable position. He scooted backwards as so they would have a space between them, but then his tail got all scrunched up against him. Tyrone growled, frustrated, and sat up. "Argh. I'm sorry. I just... can't get comfortable," he apologized, knowing that she would get annoyed at him faster than the temperature was rising in the desert.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 pm

Raven couldn't help but giggle when Tyrone came bounding over like some overgrown pup. She gave him a smile and a thump of her tail and nodded when he said he would get comfy. She chuckled to herself and lay her head on her paws as he situated himself...again...and again...and again...bumping and pushing and resituating until he growled in frustration. Trying to be patient she looked up at him and moved from her cool spot. "Here...you lay down first and get comfortable.' She said patiently giving him a smile. She didn't want to bark at him even though right about now she felt like it. She was trying to make an effort and it seemed he was too....

..an effort for what?..a tiny voice said still doubting his words on how his mate was no longer his mate.

She wagged her tail feeling the heat begining to rise...yuck. Times like these she missed the cool depths of the forest. She glanced back at Tyrone with icy blues and waited for him to settle and then she would settle in herself.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:53 pm

"Huh, I never thought of that..." he said, stepping out of the hole. She followed, and then he went back down into it. He found that he was still rather squeezed inside - though Raven had seemingly dug it for two - but if he pushed against the sand walls, he could fit, little waterfalls of sand cascading down some of his limbs, but not collapsing completely. He laid down, his nose right in the dirt, but it felt moist and cool compared to the growing heat. He looked back up and Raven. "Well?" he said, a wry smile on his face. If he could, he would have raised his tail rather proudly at that moment, but it was tucked up against him. "Make yourself comfortable on Le Neste a la Tyrone!"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Raven watched Tyrone move back into the hole she dug and shove some of the sand this way and that until he was comfortable. Then he told her to make herself comfortable on him. She chuckled and then with a grin went in and sat right on his side, wiggling her butt back and forth and putting her weight on it for a moment. "This works right here.." She laughed and looked down at him with shining eyes. But before he could protest she slid down and curled next to him in the cool soil. It was a tight fit but it was cool and comfortable. And for some reasong being pressed up next to Tyrone was not hot or sticky at all. She gave a grin to him and leaned on him closing her eyes with a soft sigh. Damn him and ..him... she thought but was perfectly content and her heart beat a little quicker and drowned out the tiny voice warning her.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 3:58 pm

Tyrone's rapidly-beating heart suddenly calmed as Raven lay against him, her body naturally fitting into his. They lay in the cool and the shadows, the sun passing above them. Tyrone closed his eyes and gave in to slumber...

He was chasing someone... Someone across the desert. The landscape kept shifting between night and day, like wet paint dribbling and swirling, hues of midnight blue and periwinkle and gold and white. Tyrone's legs propelled beneath him, determined to catch up with this dark wolf, chasing them to what felt like the edge of the earth. Suddenly, the black wolf stopped. A she. She looked back at him, her blue eyes shining, teasing him to come along. Enchanted, the dream Raven led him into a cool cave that erupted from the ground.

It was in this cave that she lifted her tail, her heat meeting his nostrils. She said liquid words to him, but what exactly they were, he couldn't make out as he mounted her, instinct taking over. Raven seemed to be enjoying it, her lyrics rising in pitch and pleasure, and just as he felt he was about to thrust his seed into her, she turned and looked at him with burning, orange-colored eyes... Miranda's eyes.

Tyrone shot up, gasping for air, the nightmare having taken hold of him. At first he thought he was in the cave, darkness flooding his vision, when he remembered where he was... Down in the hole, with Raven at his side. He panted, trying to catch his breath, and then he noticed a hardness down below that only happened when... Well, either way, it was poking very rudely into Raven's back. Not wanting to get caught or have her be angered at him for no reason, he shifted and climbed out of the hole, though he had a feeling he had already woken up. He dashed over to the Oasis pool, splashing into it by the light of the moon.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 pm

Raven hearing the steady breathing of her companion finally drifted into sleep next to Tyrone. She gave a final deep breath and then her own breathing steady and soft as she drifted into sleep. She for once, slept without dreams, content and safe against Tyrone's side. It had been a long time since she had slept so deep, felt safe enough to sleep deeply and truely rest...that is until she heard Tyrone's gasp.

It woke her with a start and her head shot up ears pinned. It was dark and the moon was high and her eyes quickly adjusted as she felt Tyrone move quickly away from her and she blinked her blue eyes trying to figure out what had just happened. "Tyrone..?" She called sleepily and pulled herself from the shallow hole and shook out her pelt. She hadn't noticed him poking into her back due to the abruptness of her awakening.

Blue eyes found him splashing into the pool of water and walked over on dark velvet paws softly. "Tyrone?" she called again confused by what had just happened. Did he awaken and realize she had snuggled into him and didn't like it? Was he now trying to rid his pelt of her scent? "Are you okay?" she called standing at the edge of the pool, her dark reflection rippled in the moon's surface.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Tyrone gasped, the water dripping off his nose and from his drenched pelt. He looked up to find that he had woken Raven, her blue eyes shining. Blue eyes... Okay, good. He wasn't dreaming. His ears pinned back. "I'm sorry," he said. "I... I had a nightmare. I didn't mean to wake you up and stuff." He shook the water off and he came close to her, as if studying each and every feature of her: her blue eyes, her dark pelt, her sharp muzzle, her small pads, her lean shoulders, her eloquent stature... He hated to admit it, but with every feature other than her blue eyes, she looked just like Miranda, and that only did more to unnerve him. He suddenly looked away as he thought this, ashamed of himself. But he shook his head, trying to rid himself of those... feelings, again.

"Well, it's dark out now," he said, changing the subject. The last thing he wanted to do was talk about the nightmare. He looked up to the sky. Tonight it was cloudy, a haze covering the silver moon suspended in the sky. "So, do you think you'd want to start heading for the forest? Or wait one more night or something?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 pm

Raven flicked her ear to the side and stared at him. "No it's ok...I understand." She said and gave a soft yawn. "A nightmare?" she said knowing only too well how unsettling that could be. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and set her haunches but then he changed the subject.

She took a deep breath and then scented the cool evening air. "I suppose we should head for the forest. It's not far now and we should be able to find some easy prey and then start looking again." She said and then stood again and moved closer to the water and lapped at it gently, quenching her thirst, before looking up at Tyrone with a few water droplets dripping from her chin. She ran her pink tongue over it to clean up and then and let her tail sway back and forth slightly.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:32 pm

"Okay, sounds good,"
Tyrone said, lapping up some water as well. "But I don't think we'll have to hunt again... There's enough buffalo left for the two of us." He wandered back over to the kill, using his powerful jaws to snap off another rib bone chunked with meat. It was a little more than a snack for him, and would serve his hungry belly good, as a part of him was always hungry. The meat was drier now, even though it had been in shade during the day, and tougher, too... but it tasted delicious, like jerky.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Raven nodded. "Oh...yes.." She said forgetting they had that buffalo. She had been in such a deep sleep against Tyrone that yesterday and it's happenings had been forgotten until now. She flicked herself with her tail for being so forgetful and watched Tyrone pad to the carcass. She licked her lips and followed him, watching as he chose first and then went and ripped off a nice chunk of meat for herself. She hated leaving the food but it's not like it would go to waste. Nothing in the desert ever did. She padded with her hunk of dried jerk and lay down a few paced from Tyrone and ate in silence.

They were going to the forest. Ahh the cool familiar depths of the forest. She didn't think she would miss it but she did in a way, though the desert had quickly become home to her. She glanced at Tyrone. She had met other wolven in her travels, guided one to the edge of some packlands too, she had grown harder in that time apart from Tyrone as well, but now that she was with him again she felt her heart thawing again. Frozen despite the heat of the desert....Tyrone was melting her.

When her meal was finished she stood and trotted to the water once more taking on her fill and then looked at Tyrone. "Well are we ready then?" She asked feeling a new energy in her limbs. They were going to the forest and they should be there a little after daybreak tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:59 pm

Tyrone licked his chops, swallowing the last of the jerky morsel. His sparkling orange eyes gazed off towards the west, adventure surging through him. He had lived in the desert his entire life, and never even visited the forest on vacation. His tail wagged happily behind him. "I think so," he replied, chest swelling. "I've never been to the forest before, 'cause you know, I'm a desert wolf and stuff. But, hey, there's a first time for everything. Let's go!" He barked and bolted off, grinning as he did so.

With the full moon up in the sky above and the flat white desert below, Tyrone tore across the landscape, his legs propelling like four engine pistons. He whipped his head over his shoulder, hoping the black femora could run as fast as her name said she could fly. He would make sure that they'd get to the forest sooner than the sun would rise, and with plenty of time later to rest. This would be no slow trail, this was race!
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:58 am

Raven nodded as Tyrone spoke about being a desert wolf and she shrugged. "Well then you are in for an experience." She said and then blinked her icy pools as he dashed out into the sands. "HEY!" she said flicking her dark ears back and sprinted after him. If it was a race he wanted she would give it to him even if he cheats!

Legs moving, nails gripping the sands for traction. She caught up with him and then decided to harry his flanks for cheating. "No fair you got a head start!' she said and nipped his haunches before bolting away before he could retaliate. She laughed and lowered her stance to lengthen her stride and streak across the sands.

The trees were looming faster than she thought they ever would have.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:27 pm

He was actually beating her! Tyrone couldn't believe it, his legs thundering beneath him, like a storm passing over the wasteland. He glanced behind him again and his orange eyes widened as Raven caught up with him at blinding speed. He pushed himself harder, his heart racing, tongue hanging loosely out of his mouth, slobber dripping from his jowls. He continued looking back at her as she barked and nipped him in the side for cheating, and he could only laugh, still in the lead.

Unfortunately, he didn't see the tiny outcrop of rock directly in his path.

The next thing he knew he was flying, sand all around him, tumbling down and head over heels. He slid in the sand onto his back... And no longer in the lead. He lie there, panting and catching his breath, his tail wagging underneath him. "Hey!" he called, rolling onto his feet again. "You callin' me a cheater?! You're the one that distracted me!" He barked playfully and loped up to her, giving her a small nip in the side as well. "Aww, c'mon, let's do a fair race now. We're almost there, and soon, you'll be eating my dust!"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 1:55 pm

Raven's blue eyes went wide as she saw Tyrone stumble. A gasp fell from her lips and then she slid to a stop in the sand. "You okay?!" she called but he had already rolled to his feet with a grin. She couldn't help but then break out into laughter. Gasping and her laughter ringing like bells out into the silent night. She just kept picturing him rolling in her mind. You had to admit...it was funny.

She caught her breath and giggled some more. "You wanna fair race?" she grinned and flicked her tail. "All right." She slid up to him and bumped his side before standing next to him. "On your mark....get set..." And before she could say go off she went like a black streak kicking up sand behind her as she pinned her ears and lengthened her stride to try and beat Tyrone to the treeline.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Tyrone rolled his eyes as Raven bolted off. "Females..." he snorted, and chased after her. She was significantly faster than him, but that did not stop him from getting a good gain. Soon he was just inches away from her, paying more attention to her speeding form than the approaching treeline. He loved to see her run, for he could see the way her body moved, her purplish-black fur flowing in the wind and all of her limbs propelling her forward like oiled gears. And, well... It also gave him a good view of her rump. He let a chide smile slide across his lips as he recalled the dream he had had, but just as the warm feeling washed over him, it was quickly doused with a sheer cold that could only be remembered as a nightmare. It was then his pace slowed down to a trot, allowing her to reach the treeline long before he did.

"Looks like you won,"
Tyrone chuckled, lush tassle swaying back and forth behind him and his tongue lolling out of his mouth with a heavy pant. He inhaled, the thick scents of the forest plunging into his nares. It smelled like the Oasis... times one hundred! The ground beneath them was still soft, like the sand he was used to, but it was now a much darker, much wetter texture. Soil. Sounds reverberated from the forest... Sounds Tyrone did not immediately recognize, and a new surge of adrenaline rushed through him. He grinned, his eyes dancing before Raven's. "Wow, we're here. And in record time, too," he said, and gazed at the canopy of the tall trees. "So where do we start? I mean, this is a pretty big place. And how do we make sure we don't get lost? And that we find the Oasis again?"
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Raven skidded to a hault as she hit the tree lines and turned back to look at him laughter in her eyes and her tail swaying high above her back. "I WIN!" she giggled and danced a little as he approached and she play bowed at him slightly and let her pink tongue loll as she caught her breath. The scent of the richer soil clung everywhere, much different then the arid smell of the wastes. It smelled like her old home. The dark wood rich with prey and life.

His words came to her ears and she licked her jaws once before responding. She had a slight glint to her icy blue eyes and she grinned. "Silly Tyrone. You cannot get lost in the wood as long as you can use your nose." She teased and flicked her tail. "And know how to leave a trail." She trotted over to a tree on the border and placed her feet upon it's smooth bark and then raked her claws down it much like a cat would.

It probably looked strange to him. But it was sensible to her. She looked back over her shoulder with a grin. "Now the tree is marked and we know it's my mark because of my scent." She said and gave him a wink before grinning and flicking her ears to the side catching the forest noises, birds chittering mostly. Her black nose twtiched picking up scents. Deer, mouse, birds....there was the scent of wolf in there as well. She looked back to Tyrone.

"Well...." She said and held up on paw as if ready to run into the darks of the forest. "Which way mon captain?" She grinned.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Tyrone couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as she clawed the tree, marking it like she was some kind of cat. Well, whatever worked, right? Tyrone stepped forward and sniffed the bark, but to him, it wasn't strong enough... So, he lifted his leg, and went on it as a more permanent marker. "There," he said, grinning like a king. "Now we'll definitely know our way back. Smells like buffalo jerky." He knew that this ought to earn him a good swat, so he prepared for it, ducking his head just a few inches away from her, his grin still in place. He lifted his orange eyes to the dark forest, inhaling deeply.

"Where do we start?"
he echoed, eyes shifting from bushes to trees to the leaves and to just everything that was in the forest. He noticed that it was also significantly cooler than the desert, which he was not used to... All his life, he had grown up in the harshness of the desert, and this... This would be something else. He turned to his companion. "Er, you're better at this forest stuff than I am. Maybe you should lead the way... I'll probably get lost, or stumble upon a bear or something like that..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 2:35 pm

Raven blinked her eyes and then rolled them with a chuckle. "Well that works too." she said with a grin and a flick of her tail. "And buffalo jerky?" She snorted and shook her head with a grin. Oh that was so Tyrone. "Well in the forest we don't need to sleep during the day unless we want to...it's not as hot. Might be better to bed down at night as it will get colder and we aren't used to it being so cool." She twitched her nose again and smelled. "I scent old wolf scent. Perhaps if we follow it we may find something." She suggested and nodded when he said she should take the lead.

"Alright...you just need to remember to use your nose and filter out all that is forest from the other scents." She said and smiled at him before trotting into the darkness. She quickly came upon an old elk run and would trot along it scenting the air here and there. Faint traces of wolf here and there. She glanced over her shoulder at Tyrone who was following and smiled. It brought her a great comfort having him there...though she knew she wasn't to be his. He wasn't..interested...at least Raven didn't think. His signals had been mixed. She turned back and trotted further down the trail and paused blinking her blue eyes as they topped a rise and looked down at a wooded creek below.

Squirrels were begining to awaken and shift from their nests as the dawn rose. Birds began to sing their songs of praise to the sun. "Well looks like we can get a drink here." She said to Tyrone and let her blue eyes fall upon his form studying him, her heart thudded loudly in her chest.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 pm

And once again, she had disappeared into the shadows. "Hey, wait up! I can't see you!" he hollered, jumping after her. His nose was not at all adjusted to the heavy barrage of forest smells, so it was already difficult to keep track of her. He had hoped that maybe the moonlight would poke through the trees and guide his way, but it was not so. Tyrone caught up with her, Raven's lean form gliding through the brush whereas he managed to catch every branch, weed, and thorn possible. "Dammit!" he cried when he fell over a fallen log, landing on his face once again. He hadn't seen it coming, and stood up and batted the dirt off his nose. "I'm okay, I'm okay..." he said, shaking some of the leaves off of him and stumbling forward. "Fenrir, I never knew the forest would be so freaking hard to navigate through... Seriously..." He shook his head. "Anyways, you find anything? All I'm smelling is dirt and squirrels."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Raven slowed and looked over her shoudler at the stumbling Tyrone. "What do you mean you can't see me?" she laughed. "Open your eyes silly." She let her tail sway to and fro in a high plume over her back. "Have you never been in the woods before?" she asked and leaned over and picked a piece of bramble that had lodged itself in his ruff. She smiled and nodded. She pointed with her nose toward the creek. "Down there...see...we can drink." She said and then twitched her nose inhaling all the rich scents of the wood. "I also smell wolf scent... it seems to be old but maybe if we follow it we will find ...something." She said looking at Tyrone with icy blues.

"I'm thirsty." She said and then followed the elk trail down the hillside easily as if it was flat ground itself. She paused when she got to the bottom and smiled and then trotted to the creek and dipped her maw. SHe hoped that the wolf scent would lead to something productive....and she wondered if any pack owned these lands, she hadn't smelled the markers. Rich dark forests, such a reminder of home....she turned lifting her maw to look back at Tyrone. But she had found a new home in the desert...a harder life but...she stopped her train of thought and flicked her ears forward hearing a branch breaking across the way.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 pm

"My eyes are open!"
he barked as she picked the bramble from his scruff. "But, seriously. I was raised in the desert. This really is the forest time I've ever been in a forest... especially at night. I know to you and some other wolves it's weird, but, that's just the way it is." He followed her gaze and inhaled deeply, now both seeing the creek and smelling it. He couldn't really smell the old wolf scent he was talking about, but it was a start. Tyrone followed her down to the stream, and the deeper they went into the woods, the more he was convinced that he was physically impaired when it came to forest life. Not only was he large and his shoulders seeming to bump into every twig and tree, not only was his nose overwhelmed with scents he couldn't recognize, and not only did brambles and burrs of all kinds stick to his fur, but now there were bugs. Bugs everywhere. Mosquitoes, in particular, flying into the fleshy parts of his ear, their high-pitched buzzing like a screeching owl in his eardrum. Tyrone growled and batted the air. He was used to bugs, but these... Well, they were everywhere. "Dammit all..." he cursed beneath his breath, but then glanced at Raven. She was ignoring the bugs entirely.

He took his own drink of water, but he stopped after he accidentally swallowed three more bugs... and one of them definitely wasn't a mosquito. His orange eyes landed on Raven's sleek form once again, and despite his growing hatred of the forest, there seemed to be something... natural with her being here. His ears flicked back at this realization: Raven was a forest wolf, and he a desert one. Sure, they could adapt to each other's environments, but... it was easy to see who preferred what and who did not. But he continued to stare, yet again fascinated with her dark, lithe body. She was beau -

A breaking branch snapped his sights away from Raven. His eyes darted back and forth between the line of trees that yielded to the creek, searching for whoever was there. He inhaled, standing tall and his tail crowning over his back, taking a very defensive position. If it was a wolf coming to assassinate them or any kind of predator on the prowl, Tyrone would make certain that no tooth or claw landed on Raven. "Whoever you are, come on out!" he barked, voice deeper than it usually was and matching his incredible size. He was ready to fight if he had to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I walk a lonley road....   I walk a lonley road.... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I walk a lonley road....
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next