Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
akkanatrum
Junior Admin

Number of posts : 1050
Registration date : 2009-01-12

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:45 pm

Vaarak looks uncertain, but doesn't say anything. Instead, he stays by Terra's side, in case she falls, slowing his speed considerably. He made the stick was pointed away from her. Eventually they make it back, and he says, "Umm... take this den. I'll bring Fran over here, ok? She's in that den. So... umm... stay here, ok?" He walked towards the entrance of Fran's den and gave out a short series of muffled barks, alerting her to an emergency.

Fran finished applying the poultice and said, "Now we wait for the webs to arrive." She was about to say more when she heard a muffled bark. Unlike the novice healer, she never panicked. "I'm sorry, Storm. It appears an emergency have come up, and our lead healer's not yet back. Vaarak will finish your treatment." Nodding reassuringly, she steps outside, and says, "Vaarak, get in and wrap Storm's paw with the cobwebs. Apply any leftovers to the shoulder wound. When you're finished, and she doesn't need anything else, attend to the other newcomer." She watched him enter her den.

She moves to the den the new scent was in, and pauses. This scent. Pregnancy? Gently approaching Terra, she said, "Hello. I'm Fran, a healer here. I have to be blunt and ask these questions: was it forced, and how long? What hurts?" By how long, she was referring to how long ago the incident happened, as well as how far along any possible pups may be. To reassure her, she said for only her ears, "You can trust us. This has happened to one of our own." Situations like these were tricky. She recognized the scent Vaarak didn't. These cases were tricky, because herbs she might normally use for a normal stomach ache would be deadly to an unborn pup or the mother herself, depending on how far along the mother was.

Vaarak had left right away at Fran's words, and entered her den, seeing Storm. "Hi Storm. I'm going to wrap these cobwebs on you. It'll keep your bones set as long as you don't walk on that leg." Tilting his head, he added sheepishly, "Or at least, that's what my brother always told me in the past." He loosened his grip on the stick, placed one of his own paws under Storm's to keep it elevated, and started to unwrap the cobwebs he collected, wrapping them snugly around the injured paw, taking care to be gentle, something that didn't come naturally for him, but as long as he worked slowly, he was capable of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:51 pm

"I'm ok." Terra squeaks. She clenches her teeth as another contraction ripples through her stomach.

Storm freezes so as not to mess up Frans work and have the paw set wrong.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Pawprints : 1889

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:56 pm

At one point when Vaarak turned around, he notices her legs buckle. He darts back towards her, crouching on the side she'd fall on his back if she lost the battle to gravity and pitched over. He hadn't realized her condition was this bad. "You need to tell me if you're in condition to walk or not. I'll carry you the rest of the way if I have to, because if walking makes your condition worse, you'll take longer to heal. I won't ask for details if it's a female thing, but you clearly need help." He waited to see if she'd told him she could walk the rest of the way or if she needed a lift.

Fran acknowledges the sound of pain, but keeps inspecting for a few more seconds, as the pain hadn't sounded unbearable. Pulling back, she said, "No major bone breakage. Some fractures from a pair of jaws, so your paw should be mostly back to normal, but it'll take a while. I need to apply a poultice, though, and some cobwebs to help keep your paw still. You shouldn't put pressure on it until I say it's ok. You'll have plenty of time to take part in pack activities, so don't feel guilty. You can interact with the others as long as you don't use that leg to walk around. If you do, it'll take longer to heal, or the bones might break completely. There are some unoccupied dens nearby mine, so it'll be easy for you to come back here to seek me out once we're done. You can take a rest here this one time, since the poppy seeds should be making you a bit sleepy by now." She turned back to the poultice and took the petals off the top. Then she moved back to apply the medicine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Terra stumbles slightly as a sharp pain comes and goes in her stomach. Her teeth clench but the pain goes away as fast as it came. Her legs buckle under her suddenly as the pain gets worse.

Storm hisses as Fran inspects a slightly more painful spot.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:04 pm

She looked like she needed some attention, but from his eyes, it didn't look serious. Luckily, Vaarak was getting better at knowing how he should act, but he still wasn't perfect. He was more naive and innocent, and was still mentally growing up. Being protected and sheltered by his brother probably caused the lateness of maturity, but it was slowly coming around. This was one of those cases where he would behave properly and improperly. Maybe her problem was some girl issue? Lots of girls liked to talk and gossip. Fran was around, so maybe she could talk to her.

Grinning, he said, "Well, you look like you need to rest a bit before you meet our alpha... We have another newcomer who hasn't been introduced to the pack yet, being treated by one of our healers. Both of them are ladies so... you can gossip, or whatever it is you all do when us guys aren't around. Come on, follow me!" He said all this in one breath, and wagging his tail happily, and started to lead the way. The whole time he was talking, he had pushed the stick to one side of his mouth so he'd be able to talk. He would often pause to see where Terra was, and pick up some more cobwebs when he noticed he was moving faster than his companion. Then he'd wait for her to catch up before moving again, the process starting over again.

Fran put down the poultice on a leaf, adding some petals on top. They wouldn't do anything good or bad to the wound itself, but when the poultice absorbed some of the material, it'd help Storm to feel more relaxed, and then said, "It's fine. I can check. But first..." She moved to another area of the den and carefully placed a leaf with small, round seeds in front of Storm. "These are poppy seeds. Eat these, and before they start working, I'll check your paw. Tell me if it hurts too much to bear and I'll stop." Gently approaching, she started to inspect the paw, ready to stop at the slightest indication of extreme pain. If it only slightly hurt, she would keep inspecting. There was something wrong with the bones, she knew, but one of the sure ways to tell the exact cause was to put pressure, to feel the bone. The bones weren't dislocated, but they still could be broken. She glanced up at Storm, to check how she was doing before inspecting more closely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Terra stands up and looks towards Varaak. "I'm Terra. Pleasure to meet ya Varaak. I was hoping to join the pack that lives here." She doesnt really want to talk about her rape, so she stays quiet after that.

Storm shakes her head. "Im sorry, but I dont know." She grimaces at the sight of her paw. She can feel something sharp in it.
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Mirror was not going to join. She wanted to find a mate first, so she howled to let them know and left the territory. She walked away thinking about finding a mate. She layed her eyes back and started to run.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Vaarak growled in light annoyance, another wolf howl having gone up. There were three wolves, at three different locations, to top it off, waiting now. Two of them was clearly going to have to wait a few minutes, one of which longer than the other. He tipped his head up, and sent a return howling, telling all of them to stay where they are, and that he was going by first come first serve. On the way, he noticed a crack in a tree with some cobwebs. Pausing on his way to the first stranger, he picked up a stick and wrapped the webbing around it, hoping this was the proper way of collecting webs. He never had paid much attention when Balthier transported them.

This didn't take long, so a minute later, he was off again, continuing to the location of the first stranger. The figure was a female, lying on the ground and clearly tired. "Hello, I'm Vaarak! Who are you, and why are you here?" he greeted, just as animated as ever. His demeanor suddenly solemn upon closer inspection. Balthier had told him that even if he wasn't going to be a healer, he should pay attention to the condition of others, in case they were hiding injuries. "What's wrong?" he asked, not sure if she was tired, or had an injury. She wasn't bleeding, from what he could see, but there were two male scents. What was he supposed to do? He wanted Fran or Balthier here, but Balthier was apparently still in Jabbar, or on his way back, and Fran was tending to another wolf. Maybe the answer wouldn't be too bad...

(Vaarak is talking to Terra))

Fran let out a breath, hearing Vaarak respond. She had worried he'd completely forgotten. Even if it was obvious, a scout would always send a return howl when there were multiple wolves. There was always going to be some wolves who don't hear another wolf calling for entry, wolves who expect to be served first, or some other situation. Turning back to Storm, she said, "I'm going to make a poultice for your paw now. Are you aware if the bones are where they should be, or are they merely broken?" It was a reasonable assumption the bones were broken. If Storm knew the condition of her paw, it'd save her unneeded pain from Fran checking them herself. Fran would be able to tell when she applied the poultice, but if the bones weren't where they should be, she'd have to see if she could do anything about it.

She prepared the herbs she had eyeballed earlier while waiting for an answer. The poultice on the shoulder shouldn't come off by itself due to the nature of the injury, but securing it with any leftover cobwebs wouldn't hurt. The majority of the cobwebs Vaarak should eventually come back with would be for Storm's paw, to hold everything in place.
Back to top Go down
Ruffian

Ruffian

Number of posts : 265
Pawprints : 538
Registration date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Silence...silence. Mirror layed in her den that a fox used to live in. The fox moved sometime before she stay there. She was no longer going to be packless. She walked out of the den, into the light and started finding her new pack. Mirror was loyal to her pack; helps with the pups,the elders,and the sick wolves. She is a fast wolf at that. She would be a good hunter. She was practising with her hunting skills,by hunting and tracking rabbits. She would catch one almost everytime.

Mirror saw wolves in the distance. She found at pack after hours of looking. She howled that she wanted to join the pack. She stood there, the gentle breeze blowing her fur against her, her tail flowing beside her legs. She waited... waited.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Pawprints : 442
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:34 pm

Safira began to become impatient! She said out loud " I am here! Please come meet me! I am waiting! " She didn't want to sound mean but she needed to get in this pack!
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2011 9:51 pm

Cinder would look at Link and gave a soft whine. He whispered softly, every one of his words precious to her ears. She leaned in and nuzzled him softly. "I love you Link....and...I know...we will.....we have to.." she said softly nuzzling him. Her mate...her beloved who looked after that pup of her loins like it was his own. She should have been his own. If she was maybe she wouldn't have run away like that. Damn Legend...damn him. She buried her head in Link's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Pawprints : 442
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Safira had been watching this pack for a while. She had seen them be together and happy Like a family. She had been watching them for too long. 2 new wolves had already made it in and now she would try. Like the 2 new wolves she was injured. but no scratches or slashes were on her. She was blind. Safira could not actually see the pack but she could smell the love and bonding in the pack so she knew that this would be a nice place to be. " I hope they don't mind that I am blind" thought Safira. Safira took a strong step forward and howled the loudest howl she had ever done in her life. She sat down, waiting for the pack to find her. She hoped that they would accept her. She was worried because a long time ago, Out of the land of Fire and Ice, she tried to join a pack but they chased her away because she was blind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:47 pm

"It feels much better, thanks!" Her ears twitch toward the semi-familiar howl.

Terra sits down with a whimper. Her legs slide out from under her and she lays down. She grimaces.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 10:03 am

Fran nodded slowly. Her ears pick up, hearing the howl. She turns to the exit, sticks her head out, and barks loudly for Vaarak. The bark wouldn't carry to the newcomer, but it would to the Vaarak and most of the pack occupants that she wasn't available. It also told the younger wolf to carry out a task. She knew Vaarak would eventually go if no one else did. Until then, he'd be interested in whatever he was doing, although the wolf did seem to get off topic quickly enough...

Turning back inside, she said, "Ok, let's get that medicine on that shoulder. Then I'll give you something else for that paw." She came in closer, scooping up the poultice she just made, and started to spread it on the shoulder wound, which looked much cleaner. After this, she'd have to dump the water out, since it looked muddy and disgusting. She'd probably clean it, since it was useful... wherever Vaarak had found it. SHe was sure he didn't know it, but he was acting almost like his brother. Her eyes lingered onto the comfrey, making sure it was still resting in the corner for her next task. Next to it was another plant that'd also help were she to mix them. She hoped Vaarak remember to find those cobwebs. Finished applying the poultice, she stepped back and asked, "How does it feel? Doesn't sting too much, does it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 12:49 am

Terra lopes tiredly toward the border of Midnight Meadows. She throws her head back and a weak howl echoes from her throat, announcing her arrival to the land. She can still smell the males scent coming off her extremely strong, along with blood and his cronies scent. In her head she prays that they'll help her.

(Sorry, had writers block for Storm, so this will be short)

Storm silently watches Fran as she works, slightly understanding the plants and things she used. She could tell the fem wasnt sure whether to believe her least statement, so she adds more. "The Muerta scent was stronger, whlie this was more stale, so I decided that this had a better chance of being safer."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 am

"From here? I'm not aware of any wolf that would hold the scent of here and Muerta, especially since both of our packs would probably attack a wolf with the scent of the other. To smell both... they'd have had to be in both lands for quite a while," Fran noted, neither believing or disbelieving. Why come back to the one of the places the wolf was from? If the subject were to be changed, she wouldn't pursue it on the chance she really hadn't wanted to share a whole truth, if she really didn't want to share what happened. She also let Storm's shudder slide, excusing it as Fran cleaning out a rather tender spot in the wound, although she had a feeling that wasn't true. There was no point in her pushing for information. She was a healer, not alpha, not beta.

Placing the sponge where she had obtained it, she turned her attention to the almost-prepared herbs. Her ears faced Storm, in case she was talking, and finished making the poultice. It would help the wound heal, and help stop infection in its tracks. She had a good idea that the wound was infected prior to her cleaning it. Perhaps not a full-out infection, but weeks with a gash an sand and dirt? There was no way there wouldn't be some sort of infection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:31 am

"Yeah, they did. A grey wolf, smelled like Muerta Mountains and Midnight Meadows. Creepy bloke. Several other wolfs were with him." She shudders at what he had done, remembering how he'd raped her, hoping that Fran wouldnt notice. "Was a couple of weeks ago, give or take a month, but its hard to find help when your a loner."

Last edited by wolfquestlover09 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:24 pm

Fran looked at Storm, then glanced behind her to give Vaarak a silent looked of dismissal. Seeing the younger wolf off, she turned back and started to clean the wounds, saying when she had time, "You said it yourself. You hadn't a permanent home since you were a pup. Hearts can change if they don't belong to their birth land, or through experience. A pure pack can birth a whelp who grows up pure, but allows darkness in their heart. It's the same with a dark wolf, or even that of a neutral heart. Even if you were of a dark heart, it's proven there are different shades, if you've heard any of the rumors about Jabbar lately.

"My birth pack was more of a neutral pack than anything. They avoided other packs, keeping to themselves and their traditions, nearly never leaving the lands, let alone abandoning them. All in the pack were born and raised there, and we were very attune to nature. I eventually changed when I saw the world for what it was thanks to a sneaky thief."

Waiting until she was sure Storm was finished drinking, she loosened her jaws, watching the mature luffa fruit drop into the pan and gently pushed it closer to Storm's hurt shoulder. She put a paw into the container, squeezing the plant. She knew she'd eventually have to venture a ways out of the lands again to find more of the mature, dried plants. There still was a small collection within the lands to last for a while. After cleaning the spongy plant and reabsorbing water, she picked it back up and continued to clean. The wound looked much better already, but there was still some dirt. Fran was quick and efficient, though, so soon, she was nearly finished. "Your injuries didn't come from a wolf pursuing you, did they?" she suddenly asked, speaking around the sponge.

Vaarak has caught Fran's gesture to leave, and quickly did so, leaving the more experienced healer to deal with things. He considered going back to where they'd found Storm, but first decided to wander nearby for a bit to see if he ran into anyone. If he didn't within a few minutes, then he'd go back to keep tabs on the sandstorm.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:52 pm

Storm stays as still as she can as she leans forward to sip up some water. "Thanks for all your help Fran, Varaak. Though why do you two, pure wolfs, help a wolf born in a dark pack?" Her eyes are full of confusion.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Her eyes narrowed the slightest fraction, that only a wolf who was looking for it would see. Hopefully Storm's story was full truth and not half. If she was a pup since she'd last been in Muerta, then there was a chance she didn't have the darkness that they had. Being upfront about that fact, though, could mean that she was of pure heart born to the wrong pack. She decided to trust this information, as being confined in a den would be very difficult to continue to put on an act. Fran didn't think that Storm was lying, but she did have to at least consider the possibility. "When you're doing better, we can see about granting you a home here. I will alert to the others about your presence, but you need to rest before you can move around." She paused, an ear flicking, having heard a noise outside.

Vaarak was walking back, carefully not to drop more water than necessary. He approached the den and paused, seeing Fran blocking the view into the den. Putting the pan down, he said, "I'm back, Fran. Is there anything else you need?"

Fran relaxed, hearing the familiar voice outside. "We should be fine. Go and see if anyone else needs help- don't bother Cinder or Link, though- or watch for the end of the sandstorm." She got up to collect the water, pausing in surprise to see the human-made material before shaking it off. She picked up the container by its handle and brought it in. Putting it down near Storm, she said, "Don't be alarmed by this, if it does. What left this has been killed off for a very long time. I'm going to have to clean the dirt out of your wound, so it might hurt a bit." She picked up a relatively soft material and dipped it in the water. It was a plant that proved softer, and better than a traditional tongue cleaning and would pick up the dirt. Fran would rather use the plant than getting dirt mixed with blood in her mouth. She knew such combinations left a bad feeling in the mouth, and preferred to avoid the experience when possible. "If you're thirsty, drink some of the water before I dip this back into the water container. We can get you more clean water later." She moved to the side to provide access to the water, and to get closer to the shoulder wound so she could start gently cleaning the dirt away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Storm opens her muzzle to begin speaking. "I was born in Muerta Mountainsl, but lately I've been traveling through the packs, trying to find one that I could would fit in to. I really havent had a permanant home since I was a pup, so I cant tell you where I am from."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 9:41 pm

"No need for thanks. I'm a healer. It's what I like to do, as well as my job," Fran responded, "Vaarak should be back soon..." She sat down between Storm and the entrance to the den, facing away from the entrance, but paying attention to any movements of wolves coming from behind her. "Where are you from, if I may ask?"

Vaarak almost yelped in excitement, although was able to stop any noise from escaping. He hadn't remember where the human had died, as the scent had long vanished, but some of the material still lay about from where the hunter had camped. There was torn fabric around, leading further and further out of the lands. Apparently foxes, raccoon, and maybe bears has scattered the stuff. He prodded at an item with his paw, feeling a cold, hard surface. Did two-leggers construct such material? How did they do it? Tilting his head, he shifted it with his nose, curious. This was almost as good as an adventure, and he found himself wishing Balthier was here to share it with.

Shaking his head to focus on his task, he looked at the object. It was a small lightweight pan with a handle. All Vaarak saw it as was something that stuff could be put in. Pleased with his finding, he picked it up, surprised at the fact it wasn't very heavy. Bearing a puppy-ish grin, he headed down to the water side, pushing the object into the water to collect water. Bringing it back out, it was significantly heavier with the weight of water added to the container. Letting some of it slop out, he started to walk back towards Fran's den, hoping he wasn't taking too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 4:55 pm

"Wow, I love this place!" She looks around, smelling nature, which made her more comfortable. It didnt make her nervous like normal dens did. "Thanks so much Fran."
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:53 am

Fran can when her patients limits are approaching without needing to look. It's all about the slightest change in movement stride and power of the step. All this starts to occur before the intense shaking of limbs supporting the body up. Storm wasn't at that point yet, and it was best she didn't. As she continued on, she thought back to the sand storm, and felt awful for Cinder and Link, who had also recently gotten some of his long-lost voice back. It almost seemed like a trade-off that fate designed. Where had Zelda gotten off to? She hadn't seen her for a while now.

Pushing her thoughts aside, she saw the familiar den and said, "We're here, Storm. Let's get you inside," before guiding her towards the back, where the light still came in, but was quieter. Vaarak wasn't present, which meant he was getting water by now. The herbs were laid out- apparently the way his brother had taught him. It was a layout Fran wasn't as familiar with, and she didn't know all the herbs Vaarak had brought, but she knew which ones would work, and which ones she might eventually need more of. "Other than water and healing, is there anything else you need right now? I'm sorry if it's not as comfortable with other dens- I enjoy nature and prefer feeling the ground beneath me. I'm sure our other healer has something if you desire." While speaking, she started to prepare the herbs she was going to use. Although she couldn't use them, by the time she was done, the water should arrive.

Vaarak was confused. How was he to bring water back to the den? Balthier never really told him the best method. The younger wolf knew there were some plants that were absorbent, but not all such plants were the safest. His brother had also mentioned that humans took pride in their crafting, and always had something to carry things in... Of course! he thought, If my brother's right, there would still be some supplies near the death site of the last human who came near... assuming the two-leggers don't use grass to carry things in. Then it'd all be dry... Balthier called most of his ideas crazy, but Vaarak was pretty sure there could be something useful. After all, a few times before arriving to this pack, the older wolf had carried something shiny and sharp, but wooden where the jaws clenched. He'd use it for some stuff before tossing it in an ocean, river, pit, or some other hard-to-reach place.

After all his "crazy" ideas, he'd have to eventually think of one good one. Didn't wolves always say the most imaginative would be innovative? Whatever that meant? Wagging his tail, he followed his invisible path, having followed it when he became too concerned for his brother to stay still...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 6:26 pm

Storm hops forward uncertaintly. Never before had a wolf been so nice to her. She follows Fran, leaning against her when she needs to. She turns her head, taking in the sights and sounds around her. Her shoulder begins to throb.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Ooc: this is off my iPod fossy sorry for the shortness. I just needed to post SOMEWHERE.

Link let his eyes sweep the area once and then he turned and headed back in after Cinder. He could taste the thick smell of grief in the air. Sliding in next to her he gently licked the tears from her face and frowned to himself. It seemed that fenrir planned no respite for them. Link would bear he weight as much as he could for the sake of his mate. Flexing his throat for what seemed like hours the softest whisper came out. "....okay.....we find her...storm over...." Evon had taken his true voice from him but he could content himself with the little he was able to say.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 11:35 am

Fran nodded her head, taking the information in. "I'd rather do some preliminary healing right here to get you started, but there's no way of doing that. Normally, I'd at least ease off the pain, but you're actually going to need that so you don't end up breaking you a bone there. Your shoulder wound needs to be cleaned before treatment, since your life isn't currently in danger. If I start healing it now, you'll end up with an infection, or I'd end up cleaning the herbs out, too."

Vaarak came running back, a collection of herbs in his mouth. He looked at Fran for further direction. She said, "Not here, Vaarak, go to my den and put the material there, and set it up. Also, get some water while you're done there." She watched as the other nodded and left again, herbs still in his jaws. "Ok, Storm. Come with me, and stay off that paw. You can lean on me if you need to." Although Fran didn't look it with her lean form, she would be very stable when weight was leaned on her. It came from experience of being a healer and needing to carry, or act as a crutch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 12 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 23 ... 35  Next