Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowed

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2009-01-10

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 9:46 pm

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 RawbonesBRN

Rawbones was glad he needed not hear any
disagreement from anybody else, only compliance. The brute meandered onward, glancing back as Landen nudged Exodus affectionately and spoke softly. His demeanor was so different than that of his kin, the ones who had come to 'assist' Damean. He scoffed at the mere idea of it. Their appearance had led only to chaos, so it seemed. He heard his name and looked to Landen, nodding his head to acknowledge his thanks. It was no big deal; Rawbones was the type to think things through and make his own decisions and state his opinions, lest he respected the thoughts and suggestions of others, in which case he had no problem taking orders. But Evander... he did not trust the sly brute, for the elder had a way of knowing when something was off about a wolf. He had always been gifted in such ways. You could not hide your emotions or thoughts from him, for the most subtle of gestures would give you away, and he knew how to read it. There were sudden soft padfalls beside him and he turned to see Akiko, glad but surprised she was willing to leave her home. He nodded to her words, knowing that the alliances were shifting and the information must be shared with their former allies. But then her voice lowered for his ears to hear, and he leaned closer to hear her with his failing sense of hearing as she mentioned the feel of treachery in the air. He nodded his head with a gruff grunt of approva, his hackles risingl, "I feel it too, but we can only wonder what the future holds now..."

-------------------------------

The elder had moved at a decent pace, not wanting to slow the group down, but he noticed how his limbs ached more than they ever would have from such a short travel - short to those with youth in the bones. He huffed as he set Damean down and watched Exodus go off on their behalf. He craned his neck this way and that in an attempt to alleviate the strain of his aging muscles. It seemed that Exodus needed urgently to speak with her Alpha, and make sure that things did not go wrong. They needed help, they needed someone in order to keep the newborn pup alive. Rawbones glanced to Akiko, smiling internally. Though he was no leader, he felt he had a new following, more friends to ease the pain of loss, all of them together working toward the same goal - Damean's survival, for whom they all cared deeply in their own ways. Though the pain of loss and heartbreak still lingered deeply within him, draining him of his enthusiasm for life, Rawbones felt that, for once, he was not facing it alone. Every loss from his past had been his loss alone, and his own heartache to face in solitude, for there had never been any to replace those who had been close to him. Not until Damean, and Jaded. Now they were gone too, but he was not the only one who felt this pain; together those loyal to Damean would share the burden of pain and perseverance.

With young Damean once more settle between his paws, Rawbones gave a hefty sigh and looked where Exodus and Landen had disappeared to speak with their Alpha and work things out. He hoped that their past King's truce would hold strong and they would be helped, for they had little other choice if they were shot down here.

Braeden looked up at Balthier from her curled, defeated position upon the ground. Though few of his words registered in her mind, she felt the intent behind it, and she allowed her tail to beat the ground several times. She felt a sense of acceptance, realizing that this truly was the way of the wolf. It felt good to be free from humans, and to feel and witness true compassion. It was something she had never witnessed, and though to these wolves it was indeed something noble, to her it was plain amazing, astonishing, in the very least. The he asked her if she would stay. She had caught on to a few very basic words, and commands were something she knew well from the harsh training she' d undergone. Deciding to experiment with speech, she parted her jaws hesitantly, hoping she was giving the right answer. "I stay," she said, hoping he meant for her to stay with the pack, rather than to stay right where she was. They were her only hope, and the sense she now got from them was that they cared, and it brought out feelings in her she had never had the pleasure of enjoying before.

Suddenly another wolf was amongst them, another that she recognized and had begun to trust - Morgan. The distress that radiated from him was almost overwhelming as he approached the still body of Tom, and she realized he must feel as utterly helpless and distressed as she felt for her nameless friend who'd perished also. Braeden hung her head and whined softly, wishing this pain would not plague them, yet it was all new to her. She felt alive... she felt like she could trust, like there was more to the world than starvation, torture and isolation. There was togetherness amongst the pack. There was still pain, but it was different from anything she had ever experienced. She knew, though her initial distrust of canines had made her wary, that life with a pack was something she wanted and needed more than anything. She wanted to stay, wanted this life.

Back to top Go down
http://www.bravequestk9.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:24 pm

As much as exodus was glad to see rodion alive and well too she could smile at her alphas presence or kind words she just remained silent... It was Landen who spoke up and she listened sharply to his harsh words towards jabbar...

"I'm afraid with damean's death came the death of a treaty. I'm honored to say that most wolves there would still uphold such things but not within those lands. Evander a brother to damean...." he didn't know how to start and a howl broke out and he looked sharply at rodion "as much as pack mates mourn I need your time..." Landen sighed and began quickly. " damean came to us asking for assistance but our alpha ordered his death. We killed off the wolves who felt strongly of his death leaving only four. We were here to aid damean and protect him from the alphas orders.. Evander lied. He did as told and knowing full well his thinking he'll smuggle someone in these lands to destroy you. If it's not physically in spirit he can try too... He's hit the pearl already..." guilt he had known this stuff already and didn't act he couldn't leave exodus. "legend will be welcomed back into jabbar and many midnight wolves... Let's say the devil is walking this earth at this moment. Wolves of damean's loyalty are here with the pup... They won't cause harm you can tell with such losses of their leaders. And I need to go get petra and blade out of jabbar I'm just giving you a warning of what can come and asking permission for the darknessto walk your lands... This is hard for them as much as you as an alpha."

Landen took a deep breath and instinctly looked at exodus who had shock and tears on her face. "exodus I'm sorry I had no idea till I got there..." she only shook her head pushed her face into his pelt and cried.
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
Moohn

Moohn

Number of posts : 472
Pawprints : 817
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 1:48 pm

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Rodion11

The king emerged from their hiding place, following the others as they seemed ready to leave this place. Sme way to start leading a pack. Yes, let's all go hide now. He damned himself for it. Perhaps he had just been nothing more than a bearer of bad tidings. And yet when he came out, so many more things struck him all at once. Strange wolves, the scent of birth and the hype that came with it... and the stench of blood wafting from the trees. He frowned to himself. First things were first though, and he approached Exodus carefully. The first thing he heard was the unmistakable words from her mouth. Damean and Jaded were dead. Jabbar had fallen, it seemed. And then she said his name, and he bolted to her side in an instant.

"Exodus," he nuzzled her caringly, looked to the ground in respect for a moment. "I'm so sorry." He focused back up sharply on the new bru beside her. From his quick analysis he seemed to be trustworthy, especially with the way Exodus took comfort in him. He squared his shoulders, stood in his dominant pose. His tassel stood high though relaxed, showing he meant no threat in this time of grief. "Landen, you are called? I'm the one you're looking for. Rodion Aleksandr Belikov. I am the alpha here. Please," He prompted Landen, "Tell me what you know. The wolves of Jabbar are our allies, and I hate to think they are without our protection."

Morgan was looking around at the mild chaos that had ensued, and was truly unsure of how to help. His eyes scanned the crowd mostly for Balthier and the others. He sought out Braeden, fearing for her safety in this mess. And seeing as Zelda and Link had taken to aiding Cinder and Rodion to his duty with a stranger, he felt it appropriate to go and investigate the remains of the scuffle with the hunter. It seemed as though everyone else had all but forgotten. His heavy mitts carried him forward, avoiding Link dashingaway as he passed. As he drew closer, an unsettling smell, and an even more unsettling feeling dropped into his gut. The distant blood Rodion had smelled was now growing in his nares. He moved faster, a brisk trot carrying him to the scene.

He stopped at a short distance to look. There was Braeden. Vaarak was coming with herbs clenched in his jaws, which made him look to Balthier. He was strong, but seemed injured, tired. The small dog Braden knew as her companion was dead. Was this the blood he had smelled? He felt bad, knowing now that she would have to trust them on her instincts alone and not from the cues of her friend. There the hunter lay, dead as well. The stench of his dog lingered, though it seemed she was long run off. And lastly, his eyes settled on the dusty brown form laying still in the dirt. He watched for a moment, pleading for breath. Nothing. He pinned his ears back tightly, gritting his teeth, and like a child ran to the old man. "Tom! No, please, Tom..." His old companion, traveling parter, best friend anyone could have ever asked for, was lying there, dead in his own blood. He layed beside the still form, limp with lifelessness, nuzzled it as for the first time he openly cried. This knight, this guardian, so stoic and responsible, was now reduced to the whimperings of a pup, grieving in overflowing tears for his lost friend. He struggled for a few deep breaths, looked up to the sky, didn't care anymore. He let a long and painful howl of mourning tear from his throat, fly up to the heavens in anger for taking his friend away from him. And it just kept going. He would let the sound go until he ran out of air. And when he finally did, he rested his head on the bony neck, and let himself cry as he never had before.
Back to top Go down
http://asediado.tumblr.com
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Pawprints : 1343

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:01 am

Exodus was with the group when reality of what was happening set in. "Guys! wait!" She came forward and stopped infront of them. "I live here and I need to tell them you're coming... I need to tell Zelda what's going on... and of course, we need to ask Cinder permission first...Um. Give me just a minute, can you?" She smiled at them, even if they didn't wait she would have to give warning first before everyone came in... Her sprint was fast, even with the injuries she still held from Legend...oh she forgot he had been in Jabbar...he was still in Jabbar... Her mind was wondering, she couldn't let that happen. She quickly caught track into her lands and found the wolves quickly "Link!" she said quickly coming up to him "Wait!" but he was off but doing what she had no idea. "Fran...where is Cinder, we have a problem" and suddenly she felt tired. Warmth on her side made her turn her head and Landen was right there beside her...he was always beside her. She smiled at him and he nudged her cheek.

Reality. "Fran. Damean's dead and Jaded too. I don't know why but Jabbar feels highly unsettled and there was one pup...One! And he's here. And Akiko, and Rawbones, wolves from Jabbar, they know to uphold what Damean promised...where is Rodion...oh..." She felt flustered and tired now. Landen hushed her softly and she sat down very tired. "Fran is it? I'm Landen. The wolves who have entered these lands are still under Damean's law of these lands. No harm will come, but without Jaded the pup will die. I will not intrude where Cinder is but Exodus is one to trust. I've only been here a short time. But I must speak with someone in charge, for what Exodus says is true...Jabbar is not the same after the King's death and I fear for all..." Landen was handsom, he wasn't ment to be though, family history was to set death to him and though they hadn't, it was always wanted. He was just like Evander. Built strong and hard and highly protective like Damean. His heart, his soul was set with Exodus...he would court her till he died, by her side, or watching someone else...she'd be his forever, even if he never told her...this brute loved the fem to his very core soul...
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:02 am

Zelda looked alarmed suddenly at Cinders labor started. Jumping up she shoved between Link and Cinder. "Quickly my dear we must get you to a den. " Positioning herself to help Cinder with the weight she began to chaperone the fem towards the nearest densite. Link look worried and uncertain as all males were with this sort of thing. He whined towards his sister but Zelda shot him a look. "Link this is not the sort of battle that your skills are useful for, Do something useful...like fetch us some water!" Zelda didn't play around when it came to pups. She never had any of her own but she was a true mother in spirit then most wolves. She would be the best aunt these pups ever had...
Link look bemused in the wake of his sisters command and was worried to leave Cinder but he knew if anyone could replace him it would be Zelda. And it was true this sort of thing wasn't his battle field...shooting off into the trees he searched for something suitable to transfer water in.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 am

Fran watched Varaak run off, but didn't follow. She was a bit anxious about letting the seemingly impulsive, young wolf off by himself, but thought it might be better if she lingered. Soon enough, there seemed to be a flurry of wolves running in and out after Exodus' return. Watchful eyes caught the sight of another Ethiopian wolf. She hadn't seen anyone of her breed for a long time, and vaguely wondered where he lived. Then, Exodus left again. Looking around, she wondered what the pack would do now, as their attention, and members were scattered.

Varaak was running back, herbs in his clenches. He wasn't sure if it was enough, having grabbed at a bunch of them in his haste. His brother may not be in immediate danger, but his injuries looked deeper than any healer's liking would be... although most healers didn't like seeing any type of injury in the first place.

Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Cinder

His display brought warmth to her heart that she didn't think she deserved. "OH Link..." she said softly for his ears only and then Cinder whined softly and buried her head into Link's shoulder. The pain tore through her belly once more and she gasped pinning her ears to her skull. "Oh no.." She said tears forming her eyes. Could she really care for children that came from rape? Could she feed them and love them like they were born from love? She feared that she would look upon them and feel disgusted and not want anything to do with the helpless things that would spring from her womb. "They are coming Link..." she breathed and leaned into him. She would need a den.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:42 am

Ooc:|| I'm waiting for Shadowed's post =)
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 4:27 pm

One who withholds wisdom...

Zelda glanced back as Varaak shot off into the woods in search of his brother. She didn't blame him, she would do the same thing. She nodded her head to Landen, who was Damean's brother. Why had Damean sent someone to protect them? Guilt over what his son had commited? She did not understand this hessian..alliances and kindness from a dark wolf...but then it mattered not as another wolf came who was part of the four who made it to these lands. He prounounced Damean dead and a tingle shot down her spine. Link and her exchanged weary glances and then they spoke of the queen Jaded and her pups. Has this world gone to madness? She saw the strife on Exodus's face and panic bloomed in her. This poor girl should not have to suffer so much. "Of course you can go...be safe..." she spoke softly to the fem.

Looking at Jafren who stayed she nodded her crown in assent. "Yes, please make yourself at home. As for your request...well thats not really up to me.." She looked over at Cinder and reclined on her own haunches. She hoped Varaak would return soon with Balthier and report on everything that happened.

"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
-Shiek

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Zeldal10

Link watched the incident and made no comment, nor could he if he wanted to. The hessian sat, ever silent, his scarred throat a testament to his silence. He frowned when tidings were brought about Damean's death and his eyes watched as Exodus fled. He felt sorry for the young she wolf. She seemed to endure so much. Ears flicked when the elder bru who was of Dameans family spoke of pups and of Cinder. He glanced at her and his frown grew deeper as her demeanor collapsed into one of intense shame and embarrassment. It was no fault of her own that happened. Then she looked at him with those silver eyes of hers he loved so much and so much love welled up in his breast its a wonder he was able to suppress it. She told him she was sorry and he snorted. Lowering his head he bumped his nose into her jaw line as to push her own crown up. He was telling her not to be ashamed. Then he ran his tongue over her face in an open display of affection and smiled at her trying to imbue all his support with such a simple gesture.
The other who withholds courage...

Last edited by Silent on Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:19 pm

He noticed her gaze to Tom. They'd have to properly bury him later. Somewhere that overlooked a nice place, perhaps. Had Tom been the one who wanted the new dens to be in the meadow? Balthier wondered if Braeden ever had someone who sacrificed themselves for her. But... trapped in captivity, she probably hadn't. He stated, "You are family, and he fought for you. All of us would. Not your fault."

He wondered if she would stay here, to call this land her home. It'd be difficult for her to learn if she kept wandering around. She'd be alone, too, without the dog. "You staying here?" he questioned. Braeden was growing on the pack, it seemed, and everyone would probably feel a bit of sadness if she left. His eyes looked in the direction of the pack, wondering how they were doing. Hopefully Link, Cinder, and Morgan were with them now... and Exodus, wherever she had gone with the other male.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Cinder

Cinder looked over at the old wolf that approached and spoke to Exodus and how her dear friend bolted at the word her father was dead and Jaded, her mother, was dying. The very taste of that was bitter on Cinder's tongue and she looked at Link fear in her eyes. Damean himself had guaranteed her saftey and now he was dead. She looked at the stranger. Jaded was dying and she had a whelp that she needed Cinder to help care for their young. She was going to have pups....Legend's pups and it made the bile rise in her throat as the memory of what he had done to her flashed in her eyes. She pinned her ears at the stranger and she swallowed trying to force the words that she wasn't carrying whelps and she was sorry but she couldn't help but that was a lie and it wouldn't fall from her lips.

She looked to Link and trembled feeling dirty and defiled once more. These should have been his...made from love. She felt a ripple of pain cross her belly and her ears pinned further on her skull and she gasped. She looked away from the elder and looked to the ground silver eyes wide and disbelieving as she gasped feeling another pain ripple through her belly. She looked at Link and whined. "I'm so sorry..' She breathed.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 pm

He moved slowly, of course, being as old as he was, almost twelve. He had taken over some hours to get here as fast as his elder feet would carry him. Now he was here though, and had no idea where to go. "Landen!" he said, spying the bru and coming over softly noding to the wolves. "There is a problem, in Jabbar" he tried to keep his voice in a panic, it was hard but he was able to. "Wolves, two, three, I don't know I came to late, they..." He took a deep breath, trying to play this skit out. Landed stepped up, nosing the brute "Spit it out, what's wrong! Is Damean okay?" Jafren looked up at Landed, grief played across his face. "He's dead. Your brother is dead. Jaded has had her pups, or, pup, and she's dying. The pack is in chaos. Evander is trying to step up and take control but it's all weighing on Jaded at the moment. Once she's gone, we have one pup to take care of... and she mentioned a name, and Evander said she's here, but I don't know who she is... Who is Cinder?"

His eyes turned and he looked upon the wolves of the Midnight Meadows. He played his old man card right because the one female to fall for it would be Exodus and she stepped up next to Landen. "He's...what..." He felt her sorrow pour out of her and he took it in quickly, reading her as fast as he could. "What do you mean. Damean's dead. He can't be dead, he's...well he's Damean. You're a liar..." She looked over at the wolves and felt hot tears pour out of her eyes. "And Jaded... what do you mean... she's my mother too!" she screamed at the old wolf and felt Landen try and hush her. "Zelda. I need to go see her, if she's dying. I need to... I have to. But I'll be back. please. I ask permission but I wont wait for an answer" and with that, the young fem took off. She dashed away. Her eyes looked back once and she saw Landen chasing after her but her eyes were trained on one female. Cinder. She would help the last pup of Damean...wouldn't she?

Jafren watched as Exodus fled and Landen chased after her. The elder sighed and spoke softly "I'm sorry..." he felt his hind legs fold and he sat down. "I need to sit a moment. I know I'm supposed to be a dark but Damean spoke highly of this pack. Of Rodion... I feel like a fool for being old and here but Jaded spoke of a Cinder and I knew she was here... It's her dying request to protect this pup, this Damean pup and she mentioned Cinder being pregnant... I have to confirm, if not her... we may have one more hope but we'd have to find another fem with pups..." Jafren looked at the wolves, he either wanted to be killed with honor in the middle of his lie, or let go with an answer from this...'Cinder' female...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

Pawprints : 1290

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 3:24 am

Braeden tilted her head as Vaarak spoke her name, concern within his voice. Did he worry about her condition? She looked herself over. There were wounds on her shoulder that she had barely noticed until now, though the pain scorched through her as she looked upon the injury. Funny how things worked like that. She whimpered to indicate her hurt, something she had never done in the past. She had lived day to day with open and stapled wounds, infection and fever. She was lucky to be alive at all, if you could call it luck. She watched as the male turned his frantic attention to Balthier, getting panicked for nothing. She had been here the whole time, so she knew the wolf was okay. She moved toward the pair, seating herself as Balthier lightly swiped a paw at his brother to get his attention.

Her ears pinned and neck craned as his voice rose, speaking Vaarak's name, willing him to calm down. Auds perked back up as her name was spoken. She watched intently as the older spoke many words, and Vaarak gave a nod of affirmation before taking off, knowing just what to do. She wished she could understand the words so deeply, but most still didn't make sense to her. Then Balthier spoke to her, nodding to the ground. She lowered herself and crept forward until she was a few feet from him, one ear flicked back as he examined her, trying to read her. It would be easy enough to see the blood staining her creamy white pelt, though she tried to ignore any pain. What hurt her most right now was the loss of her friend, and when Balthier said he was sorry, his eyes glancing to the ground, she understood his gesture and the meaning of his words.

Auburn pools turned toward the fallen body of her friend and she huffed her sadness. Then she looked to Tom. He had been so brave, fighting for her in a battle she would have lost, and losing his own life for it. She could not understand why he would do such a thing, but she supposed the wolves did things much differently here. She wondered if she would have ever done the same for another... she supposed the situation had never arose in her life. It had always been life and death, fight, kill and eat, or starve and die. When she thought about it, she knew she would have fought the human and his dog to save her companion, had she arrived on time. And she probably would have been dead, just like him, and poor old Tom. Her head sunk to the ground and she looked to Balthier, who seemed to contemplate things in his mind. Sighing, she curled up and waited to see what would happen next, not knowing what to do.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:09 am

Vaarak didn't care of his footsteps were loud- getting to his brother quickly was more important than stealth. He soon saw his brother, resting on the ground, although from his far away angle, he couldn't tell if Balthier was alive, able to see the blood from where he was. Looking around, he saw Braeden, and further was Tom. Currently, Braeden was the only one sitting, and he panicked. Coming to a stop, he managed to ask, "Braeden, you ok?" While saying this, he was franticly nosing at his brother to check for signs of breathing, while trying to avoid the sharp looking object. He wasn't very good at checking vitals yet, and he was even worse now because the wolf on the ground was family.

Balthier hear a noise, and was about to open his eyes and jump up... if he could, before recognizing Braeden's scent. She approached, and seconds later, someone was talking, and poking him. He weakly swiped a paw at Vaarak, trying to get his attention that he was alive. He knew his brother well enough that he wouldn't know his current condition. Opening his eyes, Balthier slowly rolled to his stomach, releasing his "prize" and muttered, "Vaarak," becoming annoyed when the younger didn't seem to realize his older brother wanted his attention.

Vaarak felt his brother move, asking, "Are you ok, Brother? Should you be getting up so fast?" He didn't heard his brother speak. "Vaarak!" Balthier tried again. Seeing his brother stop in mid-sentence, he continued, "Calm down. Braeden might react to your body language. Get some herbs. I didn't train you for fun. Make sure to get something for infection, too. I showed you where I put them in case you can't find any fresh ones... I'm fine. I told you that before I left. The sooner you go, the sooner you'll be back here." Nodding at the instruction, Vaarak ran off to collect the herbs. His path ensured that he wouldn't come across any of the pack who might be chasing after him.

Sighing, he looked up at Braeden, slightly wagging his tail in a tired, but relieved way, relieved to see at least Braeden was ok. "You can come closer," he said, figuring it was because Vaarak had startled her, and nodded his head at the ground nearby in invitation. His gaze was causal, but he was also trying to read what her eyes were saying, if she had any injuries she was hiding, if she had feelings for revenge and wanted to run off after that dog, if she was... sad. Of course she would be- her friend had been killed by humans who probably owned the dog at one point.

"I'm sorry," he said. He glanced at the ground for a few seconds before looking up again. If she asked why, he'd explain. By then, he'd probably collect his thoughts on everything he was going to apologize for, not just to Braeden, but his brother, too. Rodion, Zelda, and Morgan as well and the rest of the pack. If only he hadn't waited as long as he had...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:37 am

Braeden had gone into hiding after seeing her friend dead, and the poor elder that had come to help her, evading the watchful eyes of the other pack wolves as they departed. She wanted to be alone for a little bit, to deal with the loss of her friend. She wished this had not happened. She almost wished she hadn't followed these wolves to the pack. Maybe they would never have encountered a human, and the small dog without a voice wouldn't be dead. She felt bitter and sad, and knew not how to express herself. Sighing, she shook her head. She knew it was no fault of these wolves. Balthier rested in the clearing, and soon enough she crept out again to rest near him. Her tall white ears perked up cautiously, hackles rising and legs getting ready to run as another wolf came rushing toward them, but she soon recognized Vaarak, and calmed down somewhat, waiting for him to approach. He probably wanted to see his brother, she realized, and sat back.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am

Balthier looked around for Braeden after the dog and human were gone, but didn't see her, and wondered where she got off to.

He'd stood his ground until he was sure they were gone before slumping to the ground near Tom, knife still in his jaws, yet somehow forgotten about until just then. Letting it fall to the ground next to him, he rested his head on Tom's back, muttering words about what had happened, and how that human was probably dead, and that, as far as he knew, everyone was safe. He didn't know if the spirits, if they exits, of those who passed from life are aware of these things, but he'd noticed humans talking to those dead when a boar or bear slew their kin. Plus, it somewhat lifted a burden of sorts, and seemed a bit respectful, although to him, there, logically, was no point.

There was no sign of the wolf they had recently accepted into the pack, and Exodus and the other wolf, too, were gone, but he'd actually heard them leave. He started to get up, hissing when he agitated his wounds. Growling, he flopped back down, this time, further away from Tom. Balthier's intent was to get up and somehow carry Tom so he could tend to it properly- he was never able to leave a comrade just abandoned on the ground to be eaten by scavengers. He pulled the knife closer to him, getting a good look for the first time since he'd.... obtained it. Suddenly, he growled and rolled over, rolling onto his good side, cursing because of the dirt now in the wound. On the plus side, it's barely bleeding... he scoffed.

He mentally did a check-up on himself. Numerous scratches, one now-infected, deep gash on his side, thanks to the knife which he'd clutched in his jaws again, a few other minor cuts that drew some blood...bruising. He knew he'd be able to rest a bit before heading back to the pack, since he wasn't in any life-threatening danger that needed to be treated for another day or two. Lazily, his eyes closed, his intent to stay aware of his surroundings while he took a short nap to regain his energy.

Fran came out after Cinder. She was glad to see Exodus, and smiled at her, mildly curious about the wolf next to her until he introduced himself. She didn't realize what was going on behind her until after hearing quick footsteps running away from them. Turning around, wondering if it was a sneak attack, she froze, seeing who it was.

Vaarak heard Exodus' voice, and watched many wolves go outside, Link, then Zelda first. Maybe if they had arrived, the human was gone? He quietly stepped outside the cave, looking around. Balthier wasn't here. Sniffing, he caught the fainting scent of the direction his brother had went. Glancing to make sure the adults were too absorbed in their converstation, he shot off into a run, making a bee line for the direction he had tracked his brother to be in. He didn't dare glance back, knowing the others would notice, Fran for sure, because she had kept a really close eye on him the whole time. Not that he didn't appreciate the concern, but he really needed to be with his brother, to know he was ok. He didn't know how he had been able to be relatively calm earlier, but at the moment, he was only focused on one thing.

Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:07 pm

She felt her heart grow as those she loved came from the den. Link first, protective over those who were inside. Injured from a fight she didn't know about and then Zelda came out, popping away from anything bad with a light hearted question she herself didn't know how to answer... then there was Cinder and she smiled though it was supressed for the females belly bulged with whelps. She felt a tinge of guilt and couldn't help but feel her eyes well up with tears. Soft words flowed into her ears and she turned towards the 'are you okay' question. "Oh, yes, I'm just glad to see them all okay" A lie but she didn't want to tell anyone the fact she felt ashamed to be the aunt of these whelps sired by her pathetic brother...

Exodus felt the warm pelt of this bru close to hers and she wanted to step away but she hadn't slept in so long...she hadn't eaten in even longer amounts of time and she was weak. Automatically she leaned into the softness of his pelt and felt her heart smile a little. "I'm Landen. Brother of Damean Jager, truely a brother. He came to our lands, his old home, a long time ago asking for assistance. About twelve of us came on this journey, only four suceeded to survive the long journey and two are in Jabbar with Damean. I...well I'm here and will stay if you'll let me. She's kinda my mission, her and those she loves, which obviously is this pack" He gave a soft smile and felt her weight. "Can she rest?" but he felt her pull away and quickly looked at her as she shook her head.

"No no. I can't, everyone needs my help... I have alot to do. Wolves are hurt, and I need to help anyone as best I can where I'm needed, it's my job" she smiled towards him and the others trying to look as alert and awake as she could muster.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Cinder

Cinder caught Link's look and her silver eyes softened at him. He wouldn't leave her. She nosed his shoulder lovingly. She then heard footfalls as well and held her breath until Exodus's voice rang out. She followed Link out the den. "I am here Exodus." she said. "And I am okay.' she said the thought of the movement in her loin denied and thrust to the side. She stepped closer to Link seeing the bru with her friend. He looked like Damean. She nosed Link's shoulder seeing to silently reassure herself.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Link would not leave Cinder despite her prodding. He gave her a stern look but soon enough there were approaching padfalls and his hackles raise, he moved quickly stationing himself in front of the cave entrance a snarl ready to part from his lips, when Exodus's voice rang out. This disarmed him for he did not think for her to return so soon. Stepping out of the cave he looked around warily and noted the other hessian with her. Eyeing him he looked back to Exodus and then turning into the cave he made a sort of broken whining noise, the air whistling at strange intervals. Zelda came out quickly after that and a smile broke into her face as she saw the young femme. Stepping up to her she licked her mug and only then gave pause to stare at the other hessian. "Who is your friend?" The brute looked like Damean, though Zelda knew him not to be the dark king. Eyes flicked to Exodus in wonder and hoped Rodion to come out soon.

Ooc- BAH cousin is taking laptop back, post isnt as long as I wanted... =/
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Ooc:|| I'm just going to pretend that dog and human dipset...
Bic:||

They left, she took her wounded and left, wise choice. Exodus sighed and looked up towards the dark male who helped her on her feet. She didn't say a word to him, for he looked just like her father, only more slender. "Can I ask just who the hell are you?" he was touching her softly, he knew she had wounds in places and he treated her like she'd break in any second if he touched her too rough. "Family of your fathers. He asked me to come here, things are stirring rather strangely and... well he feels the need for your protection. I must speak with an alpha, or, the alpha, if there is only one, and all of us need to go to the dens..." he looked towards all the wolves. He had a regal sort of shine to him, being that he was Damean's brother could have played a part, family is alpha, it makes you feel a sense of pride, and he felt much towards his bigger twin brother.

Exodus sighed and stood up slowly leaning on his slightly for support. "They moved the dens. And I'm more concerned on finding my friend before anything else right now, but she's probably with Link, and where Link is, the dens probably are" She lifted her nose, picking his rough scent on the soft breeze, then Cinder's caught her attention and her heart sank. She had to be pregnant... She felt a frown on her face and felt the nudge of the bru under her neck and she looked at him. "Atleast you're not truely related to the monster who's my brother..." She sighed and began the slow walk towards the strong scent of Link...

It took her a while but she soon found them. She had traced around many places and then found Zelda's scent and Rodion. "The alpha is here too..." she said as the scents grew stronger. She walked slowly and knew they probably thought something were to sneak up on them. She barked twice and then stood, waiting for someone to exit but she couldn't wait any longer. "Cinder, are you in there, are you alright?..." worry clutched her chest... she was going to be an aunt, but she didn't want to in this way...forbidden in her mind was rape and Cinder...well Legend had taken full advantage of her and her weakness for wanting to make things right with Damean...
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:53 pm

Cinder

Cinder nosed Zelda back. "I am fine Zelda...' she said her voice more steady to reassure her love's sister. She frowned at the next words Zelda spoke though. Her eyes looked to Link. She could almost feel his longing to leave when he touched her. She blinked her silver eyes and nosed him lovingly. She didn't need words for Link. Their communication went deeper than that. As much as she wanted him by her side to calm her fears she knew that he longed to go and help the others...they were family too...their pack. She sighed and looked to Zelda then back to Link. She leaned to his ear. "Go if you must but promsie to come back Link..." She said her eyes glowing with worry, she coudln't loose him...not now...not ever.

The small flitting in her loins stirred again and a building sense of dread filled her heart and again she thrust it aside. No...it's a lie...she is imagining things.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:13 pm

Zelda looked at Cinder and despite the fems words began to look her over, delicate prodding her with her muzzle. Then moving onto Link who just squiggled away from his sisters touch. Satisfied she eyed Cinder and sighed. "No, there are some who went after Braedan...and I pray that they all come back. I fear for Exodus, Tom and Balthier...but at least you three have returned unharmed! Thank Fenrir." She looked over at Rodion and sighed sadly. This waiting would drive her crazy. Link watched his sister and leaned into Cinder when he came to her side. He wished to go help the others, old soldier that he was. It was one of his duties to protect that pack as a hunter and guardian but it looked like time was their foe and he prayed that it would bring their pack safely back to them.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Ooc: zelda comingggggg
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Cinder

Cinder slipped into the den behind Link and licked the end of her nose. Human stink seemed to be bedded in it. She flicked her ears forward as she heard a familiar voice. Zelda. Her tail wagged softly. "I am okay Zelda..." she said softly and blinked her silver eyes. "Is everyone else here?" she asked seeming to voice the fem's concerns. She slid next to Link as though his touch comforted her. She had worried so much for him. Her ears flicked back and she sighed. In that moment a movement stirred in her loins. Her ears pinned against her skull. Surely not...she was imagining things. She shook her head and thrust the thought away from her. No. It was nothing.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:48 am

Eyes slowly turned to Braeden, understanding faintly glimmering in his eyes and he tried not to reveal too much. With deliberation, mostly to conserve energy, Balthier walked with soft footsteps towards her, making sure the knife's blade wasn't facing her, and spoke through his grip on the blade handle, "You feel pain," and looked down at the small dog, Braeden's former companion, to show he wasn't talking about physical injuries. Then he continued, "Human injured bad. Dog feels pain, this time, he casually tossed his head in the direction of Fell next to her master, "she remember if alive." Then he stopped speaking.

All his words were slow, as he wasn't used to this broken-up way of speech. For this new packmate, though, he'd try until the pack could bring her language up to par. he didn't want to speak any further, because he didn't want to verbally explain that leaving the enemy alive could be more painful for said enemy than killing them. No... he'd let her figure it out if she so wished to think upon it. This kind of idea shouldn't have left his mind in these lands, or at least, spoken so casually of.

Turning back towards Fell, he took a step forward, growling, loud enough for his words to drift towards the canine, "My patience wears thin." He knew, though, he could not take the initiative to confront Fell, but he knew he had strength enough to finish the human off if she happened to leave him behind, or if the wolf with Exodus were to attack.

Vaarak was glad to see the three come inside, and that they were fine. A barely audible whine escaped his throat despite what seemed to be a reassuring touch from Link. His brother had been gone for too long, was what he wanted to say, but the words wouldn't form. Without realizing it, he had gotten back up again, and was headed for the exit until he felt pressure on his hind leg.

Fran kept shifting her gaze between each pack member, trying to determine how each was faring. She took healing seriously, knowing mental health was sometimes more important than physical. Her eyes had just passed over Vaarak when a sudden movement drew tham back to the young wolf. He appeared to be trying to get outside. She knew none of them yet knew if it was safe yet, so she dived forward, firmly attaching her teeth onto one of Vaarak's legs, trying to keep him from leaving, as there was no room to pin him down properly. Seeing he wasn't moving anywhere, she waited a few more seconds before letting go, pleased that she hadn't been in such a hurry to grab him that she broke the skin. Her gaze at him was sharp, but there was a somewhat soft edge, knowing it was probably just out of concern for his brother.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Link quickly pushed into the cave glancing nervously behind him for his companions. Zelda shot forward and with a whine burrowed her head in her brothers shoulder. He nuzzled her back, touched Varaak's flank and finally dipped his head to Rodion. He wondered why there were so many more missing but could not make a comment on it. Looking for Cinder he moved away so that there was more room to enter and Zelda did the same. "Cinder? Are you okay?" Zelda voiced her anxious concerns. She could see the shape of Morgan behind them and felt even more relieved. But there was still so much of the pack missing...who who had they lost? One two? All? She could not go through this again..Glancing at Rodion he body shook with its nervousness but she could do nothing but wait. What a cruel commander time was...
Back to top Go down
Shadowed

Shadowed

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am

Braeden looked up from her dear friend, still hovering over the dog as Balthier approached her. She furrowed her brow as her ears pressed forward to catch his words, and she was able to piece them together. She looked to her body, seeing the wounds and the blood around her chest, shoulders and neck, yet it was nothing unfamiliar, and she could not bring herself to care. She shook her head, huffing as she settled back next to the dog, his coat stained with drying blood. Why did he have to die? Why did anyone have to die when all had seemed to be going so well? She had never met kindness like these wolves showed, and though she did not fully understand nor trust their intentions, she could not think that they were about to slaughter her. Not like this dog had tried, and its human. Dogs and humans... they were filthy, blood-hungry monsters. She was ashamed to be any part dog. But she had not shunned her friend for his lineage.. he was merely born a dog, but had suffered at human hands as well. It was why he was mute.

Now he would lie silent forever. She hadn't even a name for him, and now it was too late. Suddenly she became angry, and she rose to her paws, staring at the mangy animal who cowered near her human. Braeden's lips curled back and she growled fiercely. Why wasn't anyone finishing her off? She glanced sideways at all of the wolves that were around. Why did they speak so many words, like it would make the dog die, or go away? Why didn't they just wrap their jaws around her throat and let her drown in her own blood? Tail erect and hackles bristling, Braeden barked at the dog, her teeth bared. "Die! Die! Kill!" she looked to the wolves, "Blood... kill! Dog die!" She wanted so much to lunge, but she had no energy left, and she did not understand why all the others were standing back, so she did not make a move. She didn't want to end up in another tangle with the big wolf-killer if she didn't have to, which had never been an option in the past. But this time she knew she could not win, and she did not know if it was the way of the wolf to always help. She could not risk it, and stayed put.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 25 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next