Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
__silvers__

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-01-25

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:57 pm

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 5468356825_a10c53a715

Echo's brow furrowed. Why would Navi do that? It wasn't fair... She had even agreed to play the game. If anything, Echo had just been trying to get her in the mood for it. She sighed inwardly, ears falling against her skull, but not completely flat; just disappointed. Nothing out of her mouth seemed to be coming out right. But, she looked up at Exodus when she said something about a trip... That wasn't wholly concerned about finding Navi. Echo's brow remained furrowed. Shouldn't they be focused on finding Navi? Echo remembered Cinder's face when she had lost Damean, and she didn't want to imagine what it would look like if her actual daughter was lost...

Instead of worrying, though, Echo smiled and gave her tail a wiggle. Though she was starting to get taller as the days progressed, her tail remained the stubby thing it was. "I'd like that very much. Where would we be going?" she asked, blue eyes shining. She watched as Exodus tried to coax Vaarak into coming with them, and Echo caught on; instead of showing submissiveness as Exodus was doing, Echo instead used her puppish nature, smiling with all her teeth. "Pleeeeeease Vaarak? I promise I'll be good. I'll be extra good! I'll be the most good that good can be. And you can show me how to be strong like you and stuff. Even though Exodus is pretty strong, I think. But you're stronger. And that's really neat."

Her white form stood with her shoulders straight and her head craning up to his. She was now roughly three months, and in a couple more, she would be her full size, and no longer a whelp. She would need to learn all that she could in the short period of time that her body was in a rapidly growing state, learning concepts and reflexes early to commit them to her permanent memory...
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2009-01-09

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:30 am

Exodus looked from Vaarak to Echo. Her head shot up and she rolled her eyes. Females, pups or not, were too damn emotional. When she looked down to Echo she smiled. "A good hiding spot I'm guessing so. But she did a no no and ran from the lands and stopped playing with us." she didn't know how to word what she wanted to say, instead she turned to Vaarak and smiled. "Do you wanna take a trip, with us?" she asked softly, her golden orbs danced like liquid gold as she asked. "Maybe we'll find Navi on the way, but who knows. Echo, would you like Vaarak to come with us? Big strong wolf to come with us two so we know we'll be safe" she winked down at Echo then smiled back at Vaarak. "Please..." she said softly and bent her head down a little showing the back of her skull, submitting a little in a begging manor.
Back to top Go down
https://fniwp.rpg-board.net
__silvers__

__silvers__

Pawprints : 1971

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Echo waited for someone to come and find her in silence. The back of her mind echoed with Navi's words... "You don't know anything!... Nobody wants you here anyway!"... She knew that what she said wasn't true... Exodus had adopted her for a reason. She knew that there was a reason for that, somewhere deep in her veins that she couldn't define, and that it was because of Exodus that she was going to survive. But still, it... hurt. Echo clenched her jaw, determined not to cry. Damean would have wanted her to cheer up, because wasting time being sad got nothing done, and because she knew that she couldn't be a softy like Navi. She sniffled and wiped any falling tears with her paw, burying the hurt feelings. She had a friend like Damean, and a mother like Exodus. With those two, at least, it didn't matter what the rest of the pack thought. They could hate her all they liked. Who knew, maybe Exodus was right - maybe they were afraid of her.

Auds perked, hearing Exodus' voice. "Aww, how'd you find me?" she said, crawling out of the hollow log. She looked up at her and saw that she was serious. What happened? Echo fell quiet, thinking about what she had thought about while she had been hiding, how she couldn't be a softy even though what Navi had said had hurt. Echo wouldn't play the victim here, but it didn't seem fair to make Navi the one, either. "Navi was still being sad, and I told her to cheer up like you told me to earlier," she replied, clear blue eyes looking up to her adopted mother. "And then she got really mad for no reason and ran away. I thought she went to hide. Did she find a good hiding spot or something?" Echo tilted her head, hoping that Navi had done so, and not something terribly bad...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:28 am

Fran followed Cinder's scent, noticing Link had met up with her, and they were relaxing in the water. She stepped towards the edge of the bank and said, "Cinder, Link. I may be overreacting, but Navi seemed to have gotten into a verbal fight with Echo right as a group of us started to play hide-and-seek, and then she ran off. Exodus and Vaarak are searching." Overreacting or not, it was best to inform the parents, good news or not. She knew Vaarak had been talking to Navi just before, and had been right next to the two when they yelled, so maybe he could shed some light on the situation.

Vaarak followed Exodus, and replied to her in a quiet tone, "I think... she would have loved to play, but she didn't really seem to like Echo. I thought when they were... arguing, it was just a normal fight. I didn't grow up with others my age, so I didn't know the difference between teasing and real arguing." He wished his brother would come back soon, or had already been back. He always knew how to handle a situation.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

Pawprints : 1343

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 8:15 pm

Exodus jumped when she heard a loud yell and Fran was nudging her before she had the thought to turn around. Her ears flattened against her skull and she looked around watching Navi run off. She didn't see Echo. Her heart began to race as Fran went off to find Cinder and Vaarak came over. "Echo... ECHO!" she feared the young fem's words would peirce pain into her new found daughter. She stuck her nose to the ground and began to sniff around following the footsteps that Echo had made to a tree. "Honey, come here, please, it's time to go. Come on" she looked around. "What happened?" she asked waiting for Echo to come out from the darkness. "There's no more tag, come out" she said softly and stepped back looking at Vaarak. "I don't understand, every wolf loves hide and seek" she tilted her head and looked around as if expecting to see Navi around trying to find her mother.

Guilt coursed through her body. If Fran was right and Navi had run from the lands she'd feel inclined to find her... or would she? She had her own pup to worry about. Cinder and Link would have to find Navi... that pup was theirs and she was an upset little thing with Damean leaving, Echo and Daija coming, Daija leaving, her friends came and went... she felt so bad, though she didn't know deep inside it was because the young little thing was more hurt with Damean's actions not the other pups... This was the price for not asking but assuming it was the coming and going of friends...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Fran smiled in greeting to Exodus, who hadn't been too far away from where Vaarak and Navi were, and listened to her invitation to play hide-and-seek. Nodding she approached Vaarak and the pups, curious to see if they would hide close to one another. Exodus started to count, but she heard yelling. After the words for Echo to pay attention, she was able to focus her hearing to hear Navi's words, but more faintly. Quickly, she approached and nudged Exodus, to interfere with her counting and pointed out the heated words if she hadn't already noticed. Already both Echo and Navi were out of sight. This was no playful banter between pups, and it was best to get their guardians involved, and she motioned Vaarak over to them before he would run off, too. "Exodus, Navi doesn't looking like she's running off to hide. I think I should find Cinder- Navi looked upset about something... Vaarak will help you." Wanting to immediately find Cinder, she waited long enough to see if Exodus had any objection.

Vaarak, more focused on having a good time, didn't hear the exchange between the pups for what they were. He would have joined Echo in hiding when Fran got his attention and told him to stay with Exodus. Tilting his head in confusion, he nodded, and looked over at Exodus.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:55 pm

Navi would approach and listen to Exodus and Varrak as they spoke for a moment. She would then flick her tiny ears forward at Echo’s sneer. Navi would then stand and narrow her eyes at Echo and pin her ears flat against her skull. “ HEY, LISTEN!” A low growl deep in her throat. “You don’t know anything you piece of bear dung. Nobody wants you here anyway.” She would say snarling at her, hackles raised, banner high over her back. She would look at Exodus and then back at Vaarack and flick her tail and would storm off.

Anger flooded her.

She HATED ECHO.

She came in and stole Damean Jr. from her and now Exodus and walked around like she owned the place. She would flick her tail this way and that. She was unhappy here. Her eyes would look for her mother and she would grit her teeth. Everyone ignored her…was it because she was so little? She fumed and smacked at a sapling with her paw leaving claw marks in it.

No one showed her respect….she would run to the border, a lot further than she was supposed to be away from the clearing. They could have Echo…they could have Damean too…she would snort and would flick her tail. Her nose caught a familiar scent. It was that bru……Despair. He had been nice to her. He understood. She looked back over her shoulder. She would miss her mother and father but she couldn’t stay here with Echo. She hated it. Someday she would find Damean Jr…and he would be sorry he forgot about her.

Nose to the ground she followed Despair’s scent and headed out into the lone lands.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Echo's auds twitched and her head raised at Exodus' approach. "She said yes?" she asked, and Exodus confirmed it. Exodus would now be her acting mother, and take care of her, and make her feel like she belonged in the pack, or at least to... Damean. The little white pup listened as Exodus then spoke of training through a game of "hide and go seek" (which, she had never played before, but wouldn't pass up the chance to learn), and she couldn't help but smile. She nodded. "Okay."

She followed Exodus out of the den, moving swiftly across the terrain to keep up. They came upon Navi and Vaarak... Thank Fenrir Navi had stopped her crying by now. Echo didn't know how much more of that she could have tolerated. "Oh, don't look so bummed out," she said in a bit of a sneer to her. "Try and have some fun for once in your life." As far as she had seen, all Navi did was sit around mope, whether Damean had been around or not. She didn't catch Exodus and Vaarak talking about puddles and splashing, but turned and followed Exodus to ask Fran to join in, and then they stopped.

Echo watched as Exodus declared herself "it" and began counting deers. Around her, the other wolves took off running, disappearing away from sight. Catching on very quickly, Echo darted away and into the woods, but didn't stray too far like she and Damean had done before. She could still hear Exodus counting loudly behind her.The trees grew very tall and thick here, and the ground was densely layered with underbrush. Slinking low on the ground, she scuttled around like a rabbit instead of a wolf, searching for the best hiding spot she could find. She had the feeling that she didn't want to be "it".

Finally, she found a hollow tree trunk, struck down sometime ago by lightning, the wood black and charred. There was still some snow that blocked the entrance, the other side not having broken through, and she dug some of the snow away and stuck her head inside the dark hole. She didn't smell anything but wood and dirt, and wriggled her way inside. She wished there had been a way to cover up the hole she had made, but it was too late now to cover up her tracks. Echo crawled to the back of the tree on her belly and waited, all the world quiet. She couldn't hear Exodus now.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:44 am

Exodus winked at Vaarak's little joke. "Well I'll make up for you splashing them by splashing you." she smiled and stepped away going back over to Fran. "Wanna play hide and seek with us?" she smiled and winked nodding away. "It'll be... fun!" she smirked stepped away going back to the others. "Alright. I'm it, you guys all hide. I am going to count to.... 10 deers... Echo sweetie, you hide too!" she smiled and turned away pushing her head into a tree closing her eyes and began counting out loud... "One deerisippi.... two deerisippi..."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:22 pm

Cinder would suddenly find Link at her side and she would feel his kiss and see the smile upon his mug that warmed her heart. “Hello love.’ She would say and roll her head against his shoulder. She drew strength from him and comfort. She would watch as he would trot ahead after nudging her shoulder. She would smile and push herself up on her pillars, tiny form following after him. She would watch him wade into the pool and would smile and cock an ear. “What are you doing?” She would ask and wade in slightly beside him.

How she loved him so. She would feel her heart warm as she drew beside him. She wished Navi was his truly. Thinking about that she had noticed how Navi was beginning to look more like Legend. Not that Legend was an ugly wolf per say…it just reminded her of the ugly thing he had done to conceive her daughter. She would sigh and nuzzle her mate. Her mate…her love…her Link.

Navi would look up at Vaarack and sigh. “Yeah he did but that is only cause I was the only one here.’ She would think to herself sadly since she was in a frump and shake her head at Vaarack. “If he comes to see Echo and not me….” She would let it trail off and not think about how much that would hurt. She didn’t think she could ever speak to him again if Damean did that. She would take a deep breath and look at Vaarack as he offered to take her to do something but then Exodus’ words came to her ears.

She would stand and sigh softly and give a nod. She remembered what Vaarak had said about being considerate to others and mother would want her to be kind to her new ‘sister’. She didn’t know Exodus had adopted her. She would nod and force a smile. “Okay Exodus.” She would say and wag her tail slightly.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Vaarak tilted his head. Nothing to that extent happened to him... maybe a little close, but Balthier was his blood, and he hadn't bonded with many wolves his age when they had traveled. He gently nudged her in a brotherly fashion. "Before... Echo came, didn't he spend much time with you?" Lowering his voice, he said, "My brother's always telling me to be considerate with other wolves, especially ladies. Maybe us males are just like that for some reason, going from one wolf to another. If Damean's like me, he likes to know lots of wolves, because having only a few friends can be lonely when they become busy and he's left alone. Besides, if he visits Echo, you can always approach him, right?" He wasn't sure if he was helping, because he knew Balthier would have handled this differently, better. At the moment, Vaarak couldn't do anything except from pull from his own experiences. "When I was younger and my brother leaves me alone for a long time, I keep myself occupied, and when he comes back, I confront him, because I know he wouldn't want me to mope until then." Turning towards the direction he'd notice Cinder go, he said with a smile and wag of his tail, "Is there anything you want to do? Everyone seems to be busy doing something."

Just after he said that, Exodus appeared, asking if they wanted to play hide-and-seek and catching the joke about puddles. "Sounds like fun, Exodus, although I'd probably splash all the water all over everyone if we swam in puddles." He laughed as he got up, glancing at Navi to see what she'd say.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Exodus would have thanked Cinder but before she could, Cinder excused herself. A smile grew on her face though because she was now a... Mother. Her body turned away and she marched up to Echo who seemed to be daydreaming into the den. "good thing you and I match so now no one will completely think you're not mine" she smiled down towards the pup. Exodus had a light pelt though it was peppered here and there from her mother but most had been light from her mother. "alright love. Ready to do a lite training then?" she nudged her on the shoulder. "Hide and seek" she smirked. "a good way to get your tracking skills down. But if you find me
I want you to tell me what's around me just through scent. Were going to see if Fran will play. Varrak and Navi too." she felt the smile fade a little. She looked at Navi and saw Legend...

"Varrack. Navi. Would you two like to play hide and seek with Echo and I?" she smiled towards the two. "it'll be fun. Everyones so serious it's time to unwind with some fun. Then I think maybe a swim after in a puddle or two?" she winked at Varrak. He would know she was kidding about it just being a puddle.
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:35 am

Echo popped back onto her paws, following Exodus to the dens. It was difficult to slow her beating heart, full of a new kind of excitement she had never felt before. She really didn't feel like sleeping because the hare Cinder had caught for her gave her energy instead, but she listened to Exodus nonetheless, watching her draw the line in the dirt. When she was done, Echo walked up and put her toes on it, barely over the edge. She looked up at the wolfess, her blue eyes sparkling with mischief. "I'm not crossing it..." she teased, tail wiggling. Exodus kissed her on the top of the head and went to talk to Cinder about stuff.

Echo looked around the circle that Exodus had drawn, sniffing out the dens. It had her scent all over it, and some of Damean's. She turned thrice in a circle and curled up in a place that she could smell them both, but did not close her eyes just yet. She would watch the mouth of the den, either until Exodus returned or something happened. She liked the darkness of the den, which also happened to be dry and cool compared to the marshy spring outside. She wondered what it was like in Damean's lands, in his home... Were there blooming flowers? Was there emerald grass? And what about blue skies and purple mountains and crystal streams? Though Echo had only traveled a little in her life, she knew that not everywhere was the same... It was why she felt more at home in this den than anywhere else in Midnight Meadows.
Back to top Go down
Silent
Admin
Admin
Silent

Number of posts : 1199
Pawprints : 1938
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:28 am

He watched his mate walking away from the rest of the pack on the excuse that she was thirsty. She might be, but Link knew better, he had seen Akiko leaving with Damean Junior and though he did not share the bond that Cinder did with him he would miss the little guy. Silently he slunk through the bushes appearing at her side and licked her ear giving her a soft smile. He could tell that she was hurting and he would be there for her. Maybe though they could finally get some peace at last. Hopefully they would have no more trouble with Evon and the pup would learn to settle down. Nudging her shoulder he motioned her to follow and he trotted a little ahead of her leading them to the spring. It was a shallow pool section that they could stand in without falling in. Wagging his tassle he stepped a few meters and turned looking for her.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:29 am

Navi

Navi would look up at Vaarak and give a sigh. “I do miss him. I won’t lie about it.” She would say softly and her ears would flat. “I know I will see him again someday but I miss him now…and he…he…” She tucked her nose between her paws and would give a heavy sigh. Damean left after running after that new pup Echo… was being friends with her more…forgetting Navi. He did that with the other one too. She was beginning to thing she wasn’t important in his eyes. A soft whimper turned growl would come to her lips. “Doesn’t matter now…he wont come back to see me anyway…he will come back for Echo…but not me.” Her ears pinned and she would give a heavy sigh as a tear rolled down nose.

Cinder would watch Echo move off toward Exodus and gave a heavy sigh. She wished the pup would open up to her a little more. She took her in before even the alpha or Zelda had spoken for she loved the pup enough not to leave her in the hands of Evon. She would glance over at her own blood, Navi, who was talking with Vaarak and shake her head slightly and then seemed very intent on grooming a paw.

She was doubting her abilities as a mother at the moment. Her children leaving her…Damean…though not of her womb was of her heart even if he never did call her mother….Navi, child of her womb born out of hurt but Cinder never told Navi that. As far as Navi knew, Link was her father….and now Echo….Evon’s get more than likely. But she couldn’t allow Evon to have her and twist her. She cared for the pup to much.

Lost in thought she would look up at Exodus as she approached and would let her tail sway back and forth. “Hello Exodus.” She would greet her friend only to have her ears flick to the sides at her next words and she would push herself to her feet. She licked the end of her nose and knew that Exodus would be a good ‘mother’ for the pup. That wasn’t the issue at all. She would nod her head slowly and place a smile upon her lips. “Of course Exodus.” She said her voice not betraying the slight hurt she felt inside. “I am glad she bonded with someone. I just want Echo to be happy.” Her last words weren’t false…she did want Echo to be happy; she wanted her family to be happy and healthy. She would nod again, keeping her tail from being limp so it wouldn’t betray her hurt. “You have my blessing.” She would say. “Excuse me though…I thirst.”
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Echo made Exodus smile. "if you're mine. My pup. You will be with me all the time. Here or there and anywhere else." she smiled and stood up. "it counts for everything now and later. Come with me. I want you to take a small nap. Or lay with your eyes closed if you can. When you wake I will show you something very interesting" she smiled. Training and fun. It'd be good. Exodus looked around walking back towards the dens. A little ways past was her tree. "in there or out in the sunshine it's your choice. I prefer the sun myself it keeps me warm but I can listen to the sounds of wolves walking around." she smiled and took her paw drawing a weird circle. "stay in this line. K love. I'll be right back" Exodus bent down and licked the top of Echo's head she nudged her softly and with love before stepping over her and heading towards Cinder.

How would she approach this. She knew. She hoped it'd go okay. She came up to the loving motherly female and nodded. "Cinder i'd never come to ask anything of this nature from you but I feel I must." Exodus sat down her face playing a soft nature. "Aladar is dead. I can feel it. My father my mother everyone I know. You've laid claim to the mothership of Echo but I was wondering if I could... Parent her. We've bonded..."
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Echo brightened the second Exodus mentioned taking the role of her mother. For some reason, she connected with her more than anyone else, at the moment. Maybe it was they had similiar pasts, maybe it was that she was Damean's sister (or close enough), or maybe it was just that deep down inside, they were of the same heart. When it came to actually telling this to Cinder, she paused; she knew that the problem had been that she just didn't connect with the fem, but it would probably hurt her just the same. "Yeah... But, I'll still be around, so I won't really be leaving, will I?" she considered. There was a streak of optimism in her. "But I'd like to be with you."

Exodus leaned into her ear, pulling her close with a paw. She listened, and when the notion that the surrounding pack was afraid of her, something within her stirred. She wasn't sure what it was, but it felt exciting. A thrill. "I guess you're right about me being a pup and stuff..." she admitted. "But! I'm strong and smart and fast. Doesn't that count for something?" She cast her shining blue eyes up at her newfound guide, twinkling with admiration. It was a look of hope, one not commonly seen on her features, but right now it was as present as it had ever been.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Exodus looked at Echo and her heart ached. She wanted to go to Jabbar just like she did. She wanted to go see if Aladar was okay and Echo wanted to go see Damean. "you're right she does have Navi. And she has Link her mate, we don't seem to have anyone do we?" she sighed and nudged the pup. "come with me okay. Maybe if you'd like. I'll be your... 'mom'" she didn't know how else to say it. She'd have to learn to love a pup if she agreed to this term. And she'd have to raise her. But if she was hers then she could travel back and forth with Echo and they both could see Damean.

Exodus looked back over at Cinder then to Echo. "if you would like that I would very much then if I go talk to Cinder you have to come with me and tell her too you'd like it. It may hurt her feelings but those things mend..." she smiled to the pup. She'd be okay either way. Exodus was already feeling more... Intune with the pup. Like their backgrounds fit them better together then apart. "you wanna know why nobody wants you to leave. It's cause you're a pup for one. You're young and inexperienced with the real dangers of life. And traveling to Jabbar isn't the easiest thing in the world. And the fact that the lady who brought you here has cause much evil here and in Jabbar. I don't think they accept the fact you could be different from her. But you are." she smiled and wrapped a paw around Echo and brought her closer. "they're afraid." she whispered in her ear. "afraid that you might be a decoy or something for that fem. But I don't see why it's a reason to keep you locked up like some kind of bomb" she sighed and looked around.

If Echo chose to wanna stay with her then first thing was first. Exodus would have to teach and build up the pups abilities in combat and strength of mind. That's why she was honest with her now. There was no reason to lie....
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Echo's lips pursed at Exodus' mention of opening her heart to Cinder. "But... She's already got Navi... and a family to take care of..." Echo said softly, ears flickering back. "I don't wanna cause her any trouble... I know she took care of Damean and stuff too, but... I don't know." She knew that even if she willed herself to love Cinder as an adopted mother, it... something about it still felt vaguely off to her, but what it was at this moment, she could not define. But she smiled as Exodus nudged her chin, and her ears perked forward to listen intently to what she had to say.

"There are two Dameans?" she asked about halfway through, her brow furrowed in confusion, but it disappeared as Exodus went on. Oh, there was the Damean she knew, and then his dad was also named Damean. Her smile, however, faded as the tale went on... She suddenly felt very sad for her friend, but at the same time, comforted; he never got to know his parents, and neither did she. No wonder they had connected so easily. Though she had not yet witnessed death herself, it was already an understanding of hers that not everyone on the earth remained where they were. Her ears perked when Exodus mentioned sharing a home in Jabbar. "But... I thought I had to stay here? I mean, I wanna go, but..." She looked over her shoulder at Cinder and the rest of the wolves. Now, she definitely wanted to go. "But I can't. Everybody says so, and nobody's telling me why," she pouted, snorting out of her little black nose.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 8:03 pm

She wasn't sure why she was here. It broke Exodus's heart. She had no children so hearing this little female talk so casually about not knowing a thing about why she was here, it sounded more like she had no idea who she was supposed to be. Then her remark about Cinder made her stomach drop more. "I'm sure she does... Maybe just open up to the idea?" she was skeptical. Cinder was a good wolf, and Exodus had defended her many of times, had almost killed herself for the fem, but she didn't... know... her. She knew of the stories and what had happened in Jabbar back in the day when Lacuna was around. Her mind was racing around thinking of her father and that fem, how they had been so close, and Havoc. That old fem that wandered the lands. Akiko. They all were gone now, either back home or death itself had claimed them.

Exodus leaned forward and nudged Echo on the chin softly. "Buck up child. It'll be okay" she leaned back and smiled softly but the smile broke slightly and waivered on a frown when the young thing asked about her father and mother, Akiko... she let the smile turn into that of a memory before her maw fell open and lips moved to tell the young lady a story of her life.

"When I was born the pack of Jabbar were staying in Muerta. My mother, Lilith, was Damean's mate. Damean is the name of your friend Damean's father. My mother and her sister brought just Legend and I there. We were raised just by our father and when we went back to Jabbar we had one new wolfess with is. Jaded. She was a timber looking fem, more dark coat then not. She raised Legend and I as her own and eventually our father took her as a mate. That was our family. Damean was our dad and Jaded was our mother. Later some mean wolf came and told us he was our father. I came here later, and my brother came here, did some very bad stuff, Jabbar has a treaty with your pack here. So you're safe in either lands. But when my brother was killed by Link it was just me. I had no idea my father, for though he may not be my father by blood he was still by father. Jaded and him had started a family. A wolf went to Jabbar and killed him, Damean. And Jaded was left to raise a litter of pups on her own. Jaded, my mother, died giving birth to your friend Damean. So both my parents aren't there, and Akiko would be considered Damean's legan guardian now, though the whole pack must look over him for he is going to be the future king. The pack was attacked when Damean was here with Navi and Cinder. It was a sad thing. But now since they took their home back, he went home. That's his home, my home, your home, anyone is welcome there... they are dark wolves, and can be very mean, but they are all kind in heart too. Neutral Darkness is what I see when I look at them."

Her voice was bright when she finished talking to Echo. She let the moment stand alone letting the pup understand what she had just said. She would let her ask any questions she wanted, Exodus wasn't afraid to answer them, for the pup seemed older then she actually was, and Exodus was now fond in this short time, to have someone to talk to. Pup or Adult. Echo was a cute little thing, and eager to learn even if she looked so reserved and not very open to things...
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Echo sat back on her haunches, her brow furrowed. She looked at the ground, scratching at it with her little black nails. "I don't know why I'm here, actually..." she said, pawing at a sprouting dandelion. She hesitated... Was the white wolf that had brought her here... Taken care of her... Spoke words about what she would be one day... Was that her mother? "I don't know if she's my mother... I just remember her always being there when I was younger. But I don't remember a lot." She guessed that the white wolf could have been her mother, but if so, then where was her father? And why did she abandon her here? Again, the questions spiraled in her young mind. And if she was... then what did Exodus know about her? The majority of the pack seemed to have distaste for her, and Echo couldn't understand why. "I guess Cinder's my mother now... I don't know if she wants to be, though..." she said, trailing off. She didn't want to think about that very much; something about it made her hurt on the inside.

Upon hearing that Exodus was somewhat of Damean's older sister, a curious question popped up in her mind. Her blue eyes flickered up to Exodus'. "Do you know your mother? Is she with Damean and Akiko now?" She couldn't recall Damean saying anything about his parents. Did he not remember too, like she did? But he seemed very important to them... Echo did not know that he would one day be a king, but whether he held that status or not, did not particularly matter to her. They were friends.
Back to top Go down
EDITOR
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Exodus was waiting, and her heart ached for her 'mate' though they hadn't quite established that still wasn't back yet. She grew impatient and when her mind had come to a comclusion to go to Jabbar... back to Jabbar... she hadn't been there since her father took her here... no since she had come here and her father had worked out the treaty. She felt hot tears swell in her eyes at the thought of him. Oh how she wished he were still around, and Jaded. She could still hear him, ' if you wait on a male you'll be waiting your whole life Exodus, we don't like to settle down, we'll mate for life, but we'll always be busy protecting the pack', she sighed and was going to stand and leave when the snap of a twig made her ear curve round' then her head followed.

She smiled down to the pup and laughed slightly. "Well yes I am. You must be Echo. He was fond of you. I'm Exodus. We're not quite... blood related but I am his older sister by family." She smiled and layed her body down getting ready to talk to the young female. "Can I ask why you were brought here? I know your mother, if she is your mother that is..." She smiled to the young pup and waited for an answer, hopefully it wasn't to sore of a subject, because if it was, she had good news for the young fae, she had decided she'd bring little Echo to Jabbar when she made the trip.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:26 am

"Oh, that pup the other pack had brought over? He looked pretty important for such a young guy. I'm waiting for my brother right now. He's a healer who went with them while they left Damean here. He's been gone for a long time, though..." Vaarak lost a bit of his sunny disposition while thinking about him again. "You miss him, and think you'll never see him again." It wasn't a question. Navi's whine was an all too familiar sound to him. Vaarak himself had whined and cried as a pup when Balthier would leave on his scavenges for food and other things, making him promise to stay in the safety of wherever his brother had led him. "I know you'll see him again," he said with genuine confidence.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:15 am

Cinder would watch Echo eat the hare and call over to Navi as well. She would sigh and look at Echo. “Don’t mind her right now Echo….she is….hurting.” She would say tenderly about her daughter and then would watch as Echo would finish her meal and get up to wander about.

Cinder kept a watchful eye on the direction that Echo went and knew that Exodus was that way. She would glance back at her daughter and shake her head, feeling sadness fill her too over her lost son.

Navi would look over her shoulder at Echo and flick her ears back. “I am not hungry..” She would say curtly to Echo and then out of the corner of her eye would watch her walk off. She was hungry but she wasn’t going to touch the hare….not today anyway. Her belly felt to sick.

Navi would look up at Vaarak as he drew near and spoke to her. She would give a heavy sigh. “Damean is gone…” She said not going into the parts about Echo and her jealousy. “I’m Navi..” She would say not being rude to a pack mate. “And I have been out of the den for a while.” She would say and give a soft whine and look after where Damean had gone.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:45 am

There wasn't much point in hunting when the one they were trying to teach temporarily lost interest in favor of taking a nap, so they returned to the main area, figuring as long as they told Braeden where they were, it was ok. Besides, Vaarak was also anxious for news of his brother. Fran noticed there was a new pup who was talking to Exodus. She smiled, and sat down, deciding to relax for a bit.

Vaarak was worried about his brother, for he'd been gone for quite some time. He had no doubts Balthier was fine, but worry was worry. He noticed Cinder's pup off by herself and looking down. "What's got you down?" he asked. Perhaps some of his cheerful attitude would brush off on the young pup. Balthier was never able to stay in a mood for very long when his younger brother acted like this, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. "I'm Vaarak. I didn't know you were already out of your den already." Then he turned more serious and said, "It's ok if you don't, but do you want to talk about it?" Since his brother had left, Vaarak had been maturing a little more in his absence. It was difficult not to when the older wolf wasn't present. Perhaps he could help Navi like Balthier had to him?
Back to top Go down
__silvers__

__silvers__

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:38 pm

She didn't have to wait long for the meal, and by then her coat was clean and Navi had stopped her irritating howling. Cinder dropped the rabbit in front of her and she leaned forward and sniffed it; yes, it smelled like rabbit should, and Echo's sharp little teeth ripped the rabbit's hide, revealing the flesh underneath. Before she dug in, however, she lifted her head to Navi. "Well, are you going to eat or what?" she asked, knowing she couldn't eat the whole thing herself. She even stepped to the side of the kill so that there would be room for her.

But, seeing her crush the beetle with her paw and ignore her mother, Echo shrugged and ate at the warm meat. She ate until her hunger faded, but not until she felt lethargic. She backed away when finished, and didn't see the point in talking to Navi, as they hadn't before and she probably would still be dramatic over Damean's departure, and Echo just didn't want to deal with that. Echo surveyed the terrace; now, the only pups were her and Navi, and that... wasn't interesting at all. The adults were being adults, with all of their boring stuff.

She wandered past the brush she had attacked, walking the path that she and Damean had been hunting on before. She came upon the other wolf that Damean seemed to know, the one that slightly looked like him, but older and different. Though Damean had never said anything, she wondered if they were related... If so, where were their parents? Damean himself had said that he had been dropped off in these lands and left to a place called Jabbar, but why didn't his mom or dad pick him up? Why did Akiko? Was she his sister too? She didn't know why she was so curious about this, but maybe it was only natural. These questions spiraled in her young mind as she came up to Exodus. "Hello... Are you Damean's sister?" she asked, somewhat cautious; the other wolves, insofar, of this pack put her on edge, and she didn't want to accidentally upset Exodus for something she didn't even do. "Because... Well... You guys look kind of alike."
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 10:57 am

Cinder would look at Echo and nod when she agreed to eat with her and then would watch her trot back to the dens. It was a start at least. Silver thorns pricked forward hearing her daughter’s mournful cry and she sighed. Her little family was being wrenched apart. Her heart ached. She wondered where Link was. He hadn’t even gotten to say goodbye to Damen. Ever watchful he was now….ever since….she closed her eyes and sighed, still wishing that Link was Navi’s true father.

She padded off silently into the wood to hunt for her ever fluxuating number of pups. Adding to the family didn’t bother her as much as loosing. She would sigh and press deeper into the woods. Her small black nose would finally catch wind of hare and she slowed her forward motion to a silent stalk. It was around here somewhere.

Just ahead on the deer path was her prey. She would smile slightly and crouch before springing to life and giving chase of the large hare. The animal froze in panic before it bolted and that was its downfall. A quick shake of the head and the rabbit’s spine was broken, it twitched feebly as the light dimmed from its eyes.

Cinder would then turn and head back to the dens where Echo was laying cleaning her white pelt. The rabbit was dropped beside her and she walked out her paws. “There we are dear.” She would say softly and glance over at her daughter before giving a chuff to come and eat.

Navi had slumped where she stood. She felt…a lot of things. Hurt and sadness being at the top of the list. Her ears would lay flat against her skull and she would glance at Echo as she came from the brambles. She would sigh. Why did Damen want to be with her before he left? She was so young and the feelings weren’t exactly what they would have been if she had been older but it still had hurt. A beetle would be scrambling it’s way across the ground and had the simple misfortune of crossing in front of her. She gritted her teeth and would bring a puppy paw down and would crush the life out of the poor thing in a welling of anger. She ignored her mother's chuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 14 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next