Fire & Ice Wolf Packs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolf Roleplaying Website

HomeHeaderGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:

Go down 
+16
Lunar_Rand
(.kippy.)
WolfsRain89
Ruffian
White wolf
Hendaron
__silvers__
_Sensable_
jordymerrill
Shadowed
FoSsY
EDITOR
Moohn
Starrlight
akkanatrum
Silent
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:00 pm

Pravus panted as he gallops towards the edge of the territory. The travel through the lone lands having made him exhausted and thirsty. He dances ancxiouusly at the scent of Rabies and Death. A croak like howl echoes from his throat. He licks his lips and tries again, this time making a clearer sound.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2011-11-18

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:16 pm

Ember quickly snapped out of it and became a little embarrassed with what he said. But he couldn't help it. "Sorry Fran, I can't help being like that with a rabid wolf around! Especially Duststorm." Said Ember pointing to Duststorm. "First he had killed my brothers and sisters and now he has killed Quest. Every time I see him I get all freaked out and worried. I'm sorry if I sounded stupid. Lets go to the lake." Said Ember now going towards the lake. He could feel a stinging feeling and for a moment he felt dizzy. He stopped in his tracks to see if resting would help, but it didn't. Ember closed his eyes and when he opened them he didn't feel as dizzy. Still, he was worried. He tried to tell him self that it was nothing and he should move on but he stayed still with fright. He knew that if the virus had slipped into his body that would not be good. Duststorm had already killed some victims in the Lone Lands and wandered through the packs a little. Ember did not want to become another victim.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

Number of posts : 1050
Pawprints : 1889
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:47 pm

She grew a little irritable at Ember's antics, but didn't show it outwardly. In a very authoritative voice, yet gentle enough not to scare the pups in a negative way, she barked, "Ember! Some self-control. Quest had open cuts, and so do you, but that doesn't mean the rabies are going to jump to you, because this happened just recently. It's easy to test if you're infected. And, you have a poultice on your open wounds. We'll just wash that away and reapply it."

Turning to the pups, she said, "Hello, young ones. I'm Fran, a healer. I'm going to make sure your father is healthy, but I need you to stay near me and not go near your father until I say it's ok." Looking up at Ember, she said, "We need to go back to where you washed. I can apply the poultice again once we get you settled back into the dens. We must act now, though, so make sure your children cooperate with me."
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

Pawprints : 442

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

"Fran!" Called Ember. He was about to rest his head on her shoulder when he remembered a thought. He had touched Quest's body. No... he didn't touch, he literally hugged her whole body! Buried his face completely in her fur! He knew he would have to leave, before it spreads all over! "Fran, I literally touched every surface of her body! I'll have to leave! Before it spreads! That or... you know what." Ember shuddered at the thought of death. It was either that or death to everyone! He could not let the whole land of Fire and Ice perish! Ember jumped away from Fran and the pups. He looked up at Fran to see what he would do. Ember prepared for the worst.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Fran had nodded when Ember chose a den. Upon his entry into his new dwelling, she had retreated to her own, empty once again. She didn't mean to fall asleep, but it wasn't anyone could blame her for, working as hard as she had.

There was a first howl, her sleepy mind just managed to register it as one of the recent arrivals, Quest, but she didn't stir, figuring the pack was watching her and the pups. As there wasn't any sign of immediate threat near the dens, she blocked off the movement she voices she later heard. Another howl, though, specifically calling her caught her attention. This one sounded like Ember's voice. Immediately, she uncurled herself, her mind snapping out of its hazy state. She exited her den and took off in the direction of the howl.

Ember, four pups, and two prone wolves on the ground. She walked around the dead wolves, not speaking to Ember immediately. She came to an abrupt halt at the unknown wolf's face. Saliva leaking on the ground-more than a normal body would have. Rabies.

She jerked her head toward Ember and said, "Did you touch any of these two, and if so, how did you touch them?" Her voice was serious and urgent. Rabies, an incurable disease once caught, also known as hydrophobia and the victim would die in three days- the amount of time it takes to die of dehydration. Spread when the disease passes into the muscles of another animal, or the meat of the infected is ingested. Could also be passed from the virus jumping into an open cut, which Ember has plenty of. If Ember did rush to Quests' side in a flurry of emotions, she'd have to pull the pups away from him. If it wasn't for the open wounds on Ember, she wouldn't be as concerned, as she knew rabies couldn't affect a wolf just by touching closed skin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:47 pm

The pups whined as they cuddled up against their father, looking between Quest and Duststorm. Soon they all howl together, high pitched voices bouncing on the wind. "Daddy, daddy, whos that?" They point to Duststorm. "Why does he smell funny?"

Quest relizes that she is dead, yet could help Ember. "Burn Duststorm. Dont let the disease spread." She whispers in his head.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm

"That is it..." Mumbled Ember. He didn't pay any attention to the pups at first, soon he noticed he would have to tell them the truth. "Mommy is dead. She saved us all and is not coming back. I am very sorry my children." Said Ember hugging his pups. He quietly waited for Fran.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:26 pm

With the last of her strength, Quest opens her eyes, giving him a look that said that it was alright, before the eye closed forever.

The pups, being pups, had romped after Ember. "Daddy! Daddy! What happened to Mommy?" They tugged on her ears and tails, trying to get her to wake up so she could play with them.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 pm

OOC: Ok maybe I didn't write much at all... now that I look at it...
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:09 pm

"Slade! Icedancer! Cloudpelt! Shadow! I missed you guys!" Said Ember, nuzzling each pup. Suddenly the words the pups said made a shiver go down Ember's spine. Did something bad happen to Quest? "STAY HERE!" Alerted Ember to the pups, as he smelt rabies and death in the air. He whizzed past Fran and into the woods! When Ember saw the 2 dead wolves he howled so mournfully that it seemed to ring all through the land of Fire and Ice. Once, with a elk Ember had thought Quest died. This time it was for real! All of his life was filled with sorrow until he met Quest, now that was over.

Ember looked at the body of Duststorm with angry eyes, how could this had happened? Did Quest do this brave act to save him? Why did she do that!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?! What about the pups, their new life together, everything! Life seemed no more to Ember, but he could not just simply die. He would have to move on, stay strong, take care of the pups. But all seemed lost and worthless without Quest. All was missing.

As Ember looked through the raven colored pelt, he decided to tell what he feared to tell her. Even if she was dead. "Quest, once before, I had another mate and pups.... I was always to scared to tell you that, I thought you would leave me. But now you are gone forever. If you can somehow hear me, please do not be mad, if you are then I should leave this place. The land of Fire and Ice."

Ember was sure Quest didn't hear that, but if she did she must be alive! How happy would that be! He hoped that she would wake up, but he could smell death. Maybe that scent was of Duststorm! Maybe Quest was alive! It was hopeless. Ember was hopeless. If somehow Quest was alive, Ember would need some assistance. Yes it was hopeless, but he would have to try. Ember howled for Fran then buried his face into Quest's side. Tears ripped down his face like a waterfall.

OOC: Did you guys see hoe much I wrote! Well maybe I wrote more on "He Rises From The Pool Of Blood" but still!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Quest freezes, nose turned towards the forest nearby. She whimpers, recognizing the scent. "Ill be right back." She murmurs to the pups before bolting to the forest. She follows the scent, twisting and winding through the trees. Whenever she comes across the familiar foam, she buries it without touching it. She leaps on top of a large boulder and looks down at Duststorm. Somehow she makes to much noise and the rabid wolf looked up at the fem, causing her to pause and stare in fear.

Before she can react he grabs her throat in his teeth. A painful gasp goes through her teeth as she turns and tries to bite him. Even as she does it, she knows it is futile. Either way she would die, be it from rabies, be it from bloodloss. She leaps off the boulder. If she died. she would take Duststorm with her. The weight of her, plus the momentom of the fall, kills the bru, sending him one way, and throwing Quest the other. She slams against the tree, but all her strength is sapped, so she stays laying on the ground.

A weak howl that resonated around the area rasped through her broken throat and clenched teeth. At least Ember will no longer have to worry about that wolf. He maw opens and closes several times before she gives out a sound. "Em...b...er." With a sudden gasp, she passes from the world, ears falling limp, eyes closing with the sparkle fading. The last syllable of Embers name still on her rapidly cooling lips. Blood pools from her throat onto the ground before stopping as her hear does.

The pups smashed through the undergrowth as they go up to Ember. "Daddy! Where did mommy go?" They say in unision, four voices melded into one.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Ember REALLY wanted to see Quest so he decided not to do the dreamless sleep. Anyways, he wasn't afraid of the elk attack, he was afraid of 2 other things. A rabid wolf named Duststorm around where he used to live and his old mate. Ember shivered at the thought of them, what is Duststorm had spread the disease! That could destroy the whole land of Fire and Ice! Quickly Ember stopped thinking about that and told Fran his answer. "I decided to not sleep until Quest returns, also I like that den." Said Ember pointing to his left. "Thank you Fran for all your help. Without you and Quest, I wouldn't be alive right now!" Ember smiled, trying to forget about Duststorm. He walked into his den and waited for Quest's arrival.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:15 pm

They arrived back to the den site, and Fran stopped about in the center. Turning back to Ember, she nodded her head in their general direction and said, "Take your pick. Just don't pick one another wolf has already claimed. Then let me know when you want to sleep. I don't know if you'll be traumatized by the attack, but either I can give you something to sleep, or teach you some relaxation techniques. If I give you something, you'll be sleeping for some time, so you'll still be asleep when Quest returns. Or you can take a chance with dreams, then come see me if they're bad. Otherwise, I'll assume you can subdue them. Of course, you can wait for Quest to come back and then sleep if Zelda has no business with you."

While waiting for an answer, Fran turned to look unconsciously towards the lone lands, wondering if the sandstorm had let up yet. Even if a search party was sent out, Fran would probably be asked to remain behind due to the number of pups and injured. Besides which, she was also fatigued and needed rest to even think about venturing into the lone lands. Balthier, though, would have gone. The wolf never seemed to be tired, always poking his nose in interesting business, but in a somewhat polite way, if that was even possible. Vaarak, of course, would stay. Link and Cinder would go. Zelda might or might not. None of the new arrivals would, since they were injured or had pups. The rest, she hadn't seen lately, so she wouldn't know.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Ember stood up feeling much better. It still stung a tiny bit but not very much. He began to follow Fran towards the dens, thinking about dreamless sleep and if he really needed it. It could be good or bad. Quickly he stopped thinking about it and continued walking.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:18 am

She didn't react outwardly, but was a bit concerned when he asked where the dens were. "They are where you first woke up," Fran responded. The ones unoccupied won't have strong scents in them. You'll know if one of the pack are currently residing in one or not." She blinked, looking at Ember in understanding when he was surprised about dreamless sleep. He probably hadn't encountered healers, or if he did, he probably wasn't injured.

"I think of dreamless sleep a side effect of numbing physical and emotional pain. I rarely recommend it just for the sake for dreamless sleep. I have other ways to help with bad dreams." Casting a scrutinizing eye on him to make sure he didn't get the idea of breaking into her stores in the future, she continued, "Let's get back to the dens and find a den to fit your family. Then you can decide when you want that sleep." She turned and took a step forward, turning back to see if Ember was coming, and to see how much easier it was for him to walk.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 am

Ember looked at Fran with confusion. You can sleep without dreams? He got up and looked at Fran and began to speak. " Fran where are the dens? I was just wondering. Also, I can sleep without dreams? I would like that if I can." He began to get up.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 pm

She could see Ember was a bit anxious. It wouldn't hurt, and this particular poultice has the added benefit of being easier on the eyes than some others might, so even if any somehow got on, it wouldn't sting much, if at all. Ember's eyelid was clearly still adjusting to the injury, and the skin was trying to mend, pulling it. The eye itself was also accommodating for the trauma. He was lucky the eye wasn't lost and he was blind in it. She didn't want to invade Ember's personal space to see if that eye had a light scratch, or if it was just reacting to the cut down his eyelid.

She gently applied this second poultice. In a few minutes, Ember would be more at ease closing and moving the eye. It won't last, and would wear off when the rest of the poultice did, but it would help until his body got used to the new scar. Backing off, she said, "There. That wasn't so bad. If you still have energy, we should find a den for you and Quest. I also have something for you if you want to sleep without dreams later."
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 2:28 pm

Ember looked up towards Fran's eyes. He silently nodded his head in hopes it wouldn't hurt. If it hurt just closing his eyes it must sting much more to poultice them. With his head in a position for Fran to reach, Ember prepared for the poultice. He began thinking about Quest and how fun it would be to see her and his 4 pups again. How nice...
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 10:37 am

((I am not going to yet, because Vaarak is waiting on Zelda, and I won't be able to come up with an adequate post, especially since no one said anything to him. He has nothing to respond to. It'd be inappropriate for him to strike a conversation with anyone if he's waiting for a reply when he's already initiated one with another wolf.))

Fran looked up from her bleary staring contest with the poultice her tail was loosely curled around. Glancing up, she noticed Ember on the ground, looking tired. Maybe those poppy seeds would do him some good once they got back, after all. Then she'd have to relocate him to a more permanent den first. She said, "I'm going to work on those wound now, so if you could get into a comfortable position that exposes them."

She scooped up the poultice, no longer needing the leaf. Waiting until Ember complied, she started to apply it. It wouldn't sting at all, since the water would have numbed the injury enough. After taking care of the cuts down his side, she looked questionably towards his eye, silently asking permission to apply the poultice to the cut around it.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 7:56 am

Ember sighed and slipped out of the water. He had enough of the refreshing liquid. He turned to Fran who was still gathering herbs, she was still busy. Ember was tired and Fran was busy so Ember quietly lay down. When he tried to close his eyes to rest his eye stung so he kept them open.

OOC: Akka, are you going to post about Vaarak soon? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:54 pm

She was nearly finished with the herbs. Upon completion, she glanced up briefly, seeing if Ember was finished yet or not. Seeing he was still in the water's embrace, she looked around. It appeared as if Ember could get away with not needing the cobwebs so long as he remembered to keep off the leg. Poppy seeds might be needed after the coolness of the water stopped its numbing effects, but not so much to make him that sleepy. She was sure he'd want to be awake for whenever Quest came back with the rest of the pack.

Adrenaline was keeping her functioning right now. She didn't want to lie down, although she did want to, else she'd run the risk of dozing off, and this was not the time to sleep yet. She sat up straighter, tail curved around the leaf she'd prepared the poultice on, waiting.
Back to top Go down
FoSsY

FoSsY

Number of posts : 1161
Pawprints : 2076

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Cinder would look to her mate as he whined softly. She had heard Zelda's howl and she gave a heavy sigh and nodded. "I know..." She said softly, her voice a horse whisper. She would stand and nuzzle Link. Her heart was bleeding. Her daughter...their daughter....missing...swallowed by the desert. It wasn't fair. Damean had to go.....the son of her heart...and now her daughter....and Exodus took Echo from her as well. She was begining to doubt her abilities as a mother. Sighing heavily the tiny she wolf would leave the den, pausing to wait for Link and then she would walk at his side to where Zelda had called.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Ember gently slipped in the water. It stung for a moment but it got better after a few minutes. He sighed then watched the horrizen, such a beautiful territory. Ember wondered if it was as beautiful where Quest was. He missed Quest.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:40 pm

She remained walking near Ember, but it was his fault if he wanted to stand up himself without support. When they arrived a short time later, she put down the herbs and said, "You can wash off here. I'll be right here preparing these herbs. Don't stay in there too long, but allow time for your injuries to be washed." She looked at him expectantly for a second before she turned down to her collection of plants, picking out what she wanted for the first poultice. She'd continue to observe Ember's sprained leg, still debating whether it required cobwebs or not.
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Ember walked at a slow pace. At first he fell down, but eventually he got used to his legs. Fran was right. The territory was beautiful, for a moment he forgot about his injury's.
Back to top Go down
akkanatrum
Junior Admin
akkanatrum

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:29 am

Shifting her bundle of herbs, she spoke, a little muffled, "Towards the water, not as far a walk as towards Quest. Lean on me for support if you're unsteady." Looking at the state of his legs, now that Ember was standing, Fran could see how he held his injured body, and could see some of the causes for pain in the way some of the muscles moved. These, she only knew because she'd seen similar causes on others. "The bruising is what's causing some of the pain. As you slowly start to walk more, they'll hurt less as your legs will become used to supporting you again. We'll walk at a slower pace, then you can wash up. After the herbs are applied, the pain will be numbed somewhat."

She walked at a slow pace, making sure Ember was close enough that she could catch him should he fall, or that he could use her as a support she he wish to. The distance isn't far, but it would take longer at their pace, a time that Fran estimated Ember should be able to walk without any setbacks in his healing. She said as they walked, "Take this opportunity to look around you. Get to know the lands more and see they beauty of it. It's not as noticeable when one's travelling at a fast pace."
Back to top Go down
White wolf

White wolf

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 am

Ember wobbled to his feet. His legs began to sting with pain so he laid back down for a moment. With a painful hiss, Ember got back on his feet and limped towards Fran. " How far is the walk? I don't know how far I can go without falling." Said Ember with his head turned towards Fran.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:   ,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB: - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

,Wishing on a Shooting Star, :MB:
Page 9 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 35  Next